Blue Halo AcademyAcademy

Varas shrugged as Rubik groaned "Dont blame the half blood for not knowing about all the 'Godly Academy Sports'. I never had much of a care for mortal sports, but this does sound way more interesting" Said Varas with a chuckle "Wait...Has anyone ever died playing these games?....Or is killing un-sportsmen-like?" He asked curiously.

"Well, there have been incidents occasionally...the furthest things have gone is limbs being destroyed but, no deaths that I know of. Whats the matter? Afraid i'll take a leg or two off?" he teases.
(Sorry for shortness)

"Wouldn't you be on the same team? I mean, you mentioned multiple different academies joining. Is friendly fire involved or something?" That would be cool. Although, she didn't know anyone else's powers yet, so that'd also be more than a little worrying.

"Ok, here it is. For every academy, there are two teams consisting of five; an A and a B team. Similar to normal mortal sports, A is varsity and B is junior varsity. The only way they differ is that B teams are allowed to combat and fight A teams and same goes for A. In other words, A teams can fight b teams and b teams can fight A teams. They aren't limited to their grade. As for the tourney, it can be anything. A simple display of power to wow the audience, a one on one combat to a five versus five, capture the flag, you name it. Despite all the versions, they tend to stick to the player versus player for the main matches" he pauses thinking back to the key points. "And yes, friendly fire is always on."

"Perfect, Rivalries can be settled without breaking the rules." Said varas in a joking manner looking Max over. "But I doubt they would appreciate the walls of their stadium blown up." He said smirking.
(Sorry for the shortness)

Max smiled, impressed. "Ooh, cool. But, the question is... how do you get in? I mean, it's not like you sign a clipboard and suddenly you're fighting for your schools honor, right?" Max tried to think it over. "I think that this will be similar to mortal school's sport-related activities in the sense of how you have to prove yourself. Or maybe it's more like a gifted club, where they tell you when you're not suspecting it." Max, feeling he was thinking it to thoroughly, tried to add some comedy. "Agh... brain... complicated," he added with the weakest of smiles.

"It goes through tryouts actually, so all of us actually have somewhat of a chance as we don't f*ck it up somehow..." he sighs looking out the window. Suddenly pitch black follows the whole cart leaving only the illumination of the lamps to give light. "I think we're in a tunnel...I can't tell."

"Tunnels, huh? A constant in a school environment, I'm sure." Or in a train, Arete added mentally. "So, tryouts? I wonder how that'd work. My ability's mostly situational. I can't, like, breathe fire at will or something, so it'd be a bitch to show off."

It'd be a fun thing to try doing, though.

"Anyway, why'd you two get here? Were you sent off or did you ask to show up? I know I wouldn't have asked. Home is way more fun."

"I'd rather nor say my reason..." he grumbles bluntly. "Don't get me wrong, I didn't f*ck anything up but...." Rubik trails off. Damn people....So nosy.... "Why are you here again Varas?

"Stole shit from people who could use some humility then, Finally, got caught. So they shipped my ass up here." Said varas leaning back with a smug look as he thought over his exploits.

As the train made it through the tunnel the door connecting cart twelve to thirteen opens and another youth in a school uniform, comes through.
Panting slightly, he sighs, "Finally made it to the right place.."
He then looks up, noticing everyone else in the cart. He immediately goes wide eyed and wishes he could become invisible.
He waves softly and smiles shyly, "uhhh, hi...."

Rubik's gaze turns past Varas and to the new student. Another one? Hmph, I'm already beginning to get antsy about making random quick friends. Heh, I think i'll mess with him just to take the edge off... "Looks like we got another one" the teen sighs nodding his head in the direction on the newcomer. "Do tell, where have you been for like the past hour?"

Sam froze at those words, before straighting himself, and stating, "I ended up in the wrong cart, I had to make it back to this one." He put as much confidence as he could into what he said.
What a first impression to have made, I hope this doesn't haunt me. He thought.
Well if I've botched this, then I'll just turn into a mouse for the rest of the semester....

"Oh, golly gumdrops. What's next, five more come flying into into and get the jump on conversations? SMH, dude." Max shook his head, disappointed. "However, you do have the slightest trace of spirit. So, just wondering... what are you... here.. for?" Max seemed to try his best to understand what Sam was trying to get at by walking in, but as of now, he got nothing.

"Come on, Max, don't be rude. Poor kid's shaking in his shoes." Arete laughed. The boy looked like he wanted to implode. Embarrasment, hm? A chemical defect, she guessed, and getting him out of that mindset would be ideal if more connections were needed. "You don't want him to be scared of the big, mean people across the cart. Come in further! What's your name? Sam? My guess is Sam." Her guesses weren't usually wrong.

Sam nodded in response, "My name's Samuel, but most people just call me Sam. And I'm here like the rest of you, sent here as a descendant of some god or another."
He walks forward before taking a seat relatively close to everyone else. He nervously brushed his near white hair out of his eyes, trying to calm his nerves in an attempt not to look weak.

"First day jitters eh?" Said varas with a thin grin "Dont worry we all show them in one way or another...The names Varas. Dont pay to much mind to Max, He's just salty because he made a dick of himself earlier." Varas explained chuckling.

(Sorry for the short posts from me, I've been super busy.)

Max wanted to me mad at Varas, but instead, he couldn't stop himself from chuckling. "Fine, fine, I'll lay off," he said between giggles. "Samuel, this school's nothin' to be afraid about. Only if you lose a limb or two in the Game of Wars or whatever." He grinned. "Just kiddin', dude." He looked back to Rubik and whispered, "I am kidding, right?"

War games? Now that's something I can get behind. He thought. His social skills left much to be desired, but in combat he was cool headed and skilled.
"Game of wars? Are personal weapons allowed?" He asked, his personality shifting a whole 180° from what it was, voice full of confidence. "And is it full combat, not just a glorified sparring match?" He leaned forward in his seat, clearly excited.

Well, shit. Sam seemed like he'd be competition if he tried hard enough. Arete shoved down the urge to frown. Sheer motherfucking determination got regular humans pretty far, but their kind? He wasn't going to be easy to beat in a hypothetical game if he had any useful powers.

"As far as I can tell, yes," she answered. It was kind of cute seeing him all excited. She could find some other way to cause mayhem, but ruining the games when even she was interested wasn't fun in general. "Friendly fire's on, too. Not too sure about the personal weapons, though. Why? You have a road roller stuffed into your pocket or something?" That'd be a nice surprise. Arete would have to consider it.

Back