Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks at Astolfo & Virginia for a bit, then back to Miki.

Virginia was tending to someone who required medical attention, that left Astolfo.

"I have an idea, Miki, but I'm going to need to borrow some of their belongings, maybe even something your friends eat on a daily basis. Do you have any of that with you?"

Ben looks about.

"Others are helping each other out. This should speed things up."
"Better pick him up before someone steps on him," Ben says, picking the tiny little warrior up in his palms. "Awwww... aren't you the cutest little thing? Astolfo, think you could hold on to this guy for me?"
Libra matched Lindel's frown with his own. "Yes...I'm afraid so. What's worse, an old friend of mine is here as well, and..." He looked around. "...children. Far too many children for a place such as this." Speaking of...he would approach Miki, a gentle smile now on his face. "I fear none of us know where we are, my child," he said. "But it will be all right, as long as we stay together. I am sure your friends will be found soon."
Miki_1066_copy.png

"I... I hope so," Miki said, unable to be taken aback by Libra's strange get-up, especially considering it wasn't all that weird compared to the rest of the colorful group. Trying to find answers for all these questions would get her nowhere right now, especially since the more time she spent trying to find answers, the more only questions just popped up in their place.

When Ben inquired about what she had on her, Miki moved her hands to her pockets shortly after realizing that she didn't have her bag on her like she usually carried. Nothing. She had nothing. In this frightening hellhole of a place, she was nothing more than a helpless girl with nothing to her. Just like... Just like before...

"N-No, I don't... have anything on me. Sorry..." She said softly, before taking a look at the small knight Ben had taken into his palms.

"Uuu... Creepy."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Yun Lee

Libra matched Lindel's frown with his own. "Yes...I'm afraid so. What's worse, an old friend of mine is here as well, and..." He looked around. "...children. Far too many children for a place such as this." Speaking of...he would approach Miki, a gentle smile now on his face. "I fear none of us know where we are, my child," he said. "But it will be all right, as long as we stay together. I am sure your friends will be found soon."

@Takumi @Ver

---

"Oh no, sir, you don't get it. I ALWAYS trip. Really embarrassing, but it seems to be my defining character trait, even now."

@thatguyinthestore
"Oh! Well, perhaps we could work on that? I can only imagine how much of a hinderance that must be."

@Yun Lee

@Ver @thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Crow @ppl

"H-Huh?" Virginia's eyes blinked a few times in amazement as a talking... skeleton spoke to them, asking for help for a friend. What sort of strange people were here with her? However, after a moment to collect herself, the young gunslinger beamed wide at the strange being who seemed worried over its friend than in hurting him, "Don't worry, I can help, as long as I've got the right berry!" Coming over to Emil while digging through the little bag on her hip, she sided as she pulled out her last healing berry, a golden little fruit - despite the recovering environment of Filgaia prompting growth in the berry's species, it was still tough to find them and harder to keep a large supply of them on hand.

Yet she knew the girl apparently known as Kaine might need them, and kneeling down besides her form, she held it out to Emil, "It's my last one... but it should help your friend heal faster if she's really hurt."

@Gummi Bunnies @Ver @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Crow
❝ O... Oh, t-thank you! Uh... I'll be sure to pay you back in some way, miss. ❞ Emil couldn't help but think that this was a bit much, especially if it were the last of whatever supplies Virginia had. But if she was sure enough to offer it, he didn't want to be rude and refuse it. Taking the small fruit with his bony hands, he leaned over to check on Kaine's condition. She was faintly breathing... That was enough signs to show that she needed medical attention stat. Placing the small golden fruit into her mouth, he hoped that this would work.

While it was subtle, strange black runes appeared on Kaine moments after she was given the fruit, tracing around her neck and on parts of her arm's bandaging... Once that faded away, the woman finally started to grumble awake, her eyes slowly opening.

tumblr_p1lhd0HSLV1v3qowuo5_100.png

❝ ... where the hell? ❞ Kaine cursed as soon as she took in the surroundings. Definitely didn't look like the grasslands and there wasn't a single sign of the Shades anywhere.

❝ Kaine, you're alright! It's okay! We both got roughed up, but I'm fine, I think. I wasn't sure on what to do when I saw you were out cold, but this nice lady was able to help out! ❞ Emil was fairly overjoyed to know that things were fine, considering that he didn't end up losing another friend. However as a contrast to Emil's rather excitable nature...

❝ Yeah, thanks for the save, but it doesn't mean I'll return the favor. I don't know a damn thing about you, and you sure as hell don't know a thing about me. ❞ Kaine narrowed her eyes at Virginia, cautious. Given on what she's been through along with Emil, Kaine found it hard to trust new faces, and now that they were in a place unfamiliar, it was even harder to trust anyone else practically. ❝ So unless you got something to share that'll be useful to know, I think we're done mingling. ❞

Off to the side, Emil was unsure on what to say. Usually it was Nier that calmed Kaine down or convinced her that things were fine... the young boy didn't know how their former party leader did it, or else he would be trying those soothing words to the rash woman right now.

@Khan of the Mardu

@Takumi @Ver

---

"Oh no, sir, you don't get it. I ALWAYS trip. Really embarrassing, but it seems to be my defining character trait, even now."

@thatguyinthestore

"That's troublesome, to put it lightly in such a seemingly dire situation. Regardless, the situation could possibly be worse. As for your friend, I'll gladly keep an eye out for her if it's needed. Though, it seems it may not be the case at the moment." Lindel responded, bringing a hand to his chin. Lindel did glance over to the outstretched hand in the distance, along with the strange sun. Eyes narrowing the mage didn't move at first, even as Libra had gone to address the girl that had shown signs of distress moments ago. Moving to stand nearby the blonde kept his calm demeanor.

"We'll likely receive some answers sooner or later, I'm sure." he added, mostly in response to Libra's statement of them not knowing where they were.

@Yun Lee @Ver

Siegward of Catarina | Prologue

The onion-looking knight crashed through the doors of the abandoned church, pushing them open with his body but also falling down in the process.

"Agh! Back, foul brute!"

He shouted as he rolled across the ground and struggled to get up. After about 3 seconds, he was standing upright, though it was clear he was dizzy.

"By the Knights of Catarina, I'll slay you, I swear it! Don't come any closer!"

He cried out once more as he ran toward the elevator. Before stepping onto it, he looked back, only to find out that his pursuer had disappeared.

"Hmm?"

Was he only imagining it?

"Hahaha..."

He laughed nervously before sighing in relief. He sat down and laid his Zweihander and Pierce Shield on the ground next to him. He then searched through his pockets for some Siegbrau.

8aVhS2n.png

What else was there to do after an excursion like that? He took his helmet off and proceeded to take a large swig of the tankard. Afterward, he put his helmet back on and stored the nearly-empty cup back into one of his pouches.

QrKBbRL.jpg

Of course, as was his custom, he soon fell asleep and snored quite loudly. He dreamt of his quest and soul-bound duty.

How would he ever make it all the way to the Profaned Capital...?

?

Aaaaand... the clumsy knight didn't noticed the change of his surroundings at all. How could he? He was still sound asleep.

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..."

Let's be realistic, though. Sleeping away the sorrow certainly won't last for long.

@Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Khan of the Mardu @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Crow @Takumi @anybody @nobody

Last edited:
❝ O... Oh, t-thank you! Uh... I'll be sure to pay you back in some way, miss. ❞ Emil couldn't help but think that this was a bit much, especially if it were the last of whatever supplies Virginia had. But if she was sure enough to offer it, he didn't want to be rude and refuse it. Taking the small fruit with his bony hands, he leaned over to check on Kaine's condition. She was faintly breathing... That was enough signs to show that she needed medical attention stat. Placing the small golden fruit into her mouth, he hoped that this would work.

While it was subtle, strange black runes appeared on Kaine moments after she was given the fruit, tracing around her neck and on parts of her arm's bandaging... Once that faded away, the woman finally started to grumble awake, her eyes slowly opening.

❝ ... where the hell? ❞ Kaine cursed as soon as she took in the surroundings. Definitely didn't look like the grasslands and there wasn't a single sign of the Shades anywhere.

❝ Kaine, you're alright! It's okay! We both got roughed up, but I'm fine, I think. I wasn't sure on what to do when I saw you were out cold, but this nice lady was able to help out! ❞ Emil was fairly overjoyed to know that things were fine, considering that he didn't end up losing another friend. However as a contrast to Emil's rather excitable nature...

❝ Yeah, thanks for the save, but it doesn't mean I'll return the favor. I don't know a damn thing about you, and you sure as hell don't know a thing about me. ❞ Kaine narrowed her eyes at Virginia, cautious. Given on what she's been through along with Emil, Kaine found it hard to trust new faces, and now that they were in a place unfamiliar, it was even harder to trust anyone else practically. ❝ So unless you got something to share that'll be useful to know, I think we're done mingling. ❞

Off to the side, Emil was unsure on what to say. Usually it was Nier that calmed Kaine down or convinced her that things were fine... the young boy didn't know how their former party leader did it, or else he would be trying those soothing words to the rash woman right now.

@Khan of the Mardu
Virginia giggled slightly at how strangely awkward the skeleton man seemed, just waving off his concern, "Don't worry, I won't ask anything of you. Your friend is in need, and it's only right to help her." That was the honest truth of it, no ulterior motive behind her denial. While her party had at times made use of the returned kindness of those they helped during their journeys, they had also grown used to the possibility of not receiving repayment and didn't expect anything of the sort. Even as heroes of Filgaia, Maxwell knew they were on their own for surviving out in the slowly healing wastelands...

But that didn't mean she couldn't spare an act of kindness when possible.

"Eh?" However, she hadn't expected such a sharp rebuke from the mysterious woman known as Kaine as soon as she awoke. Scratching the back of her head awkwardly, the gunslinger wasn't sure what to respond with, finally just settling on repeating herself once again, "Well, like I told your friend, I don't expect you to help me... But I do know one thing about you!" Cheering herself up once again before standing and holding a hand down to help the grouch, Virginia grinned at the woman whose hair looked as if it was the snow of the highest billowing peaks, "You're Kaine, like your friend called out, and I'm Virginia Maxwell. Everyone's trying to get organized so we can figure out what happened, so you can join us if you want. Anyways, nice to meet you, hope you guys stay safe!"

Without waiting another moment after Kaine might take her hand and stand, the girl with chestnut hair turned from her to wave goodbye at Emil with a smile before heading back to her group. In the past, Virginia might have pressed them both to join with her... but she knew now that everyone had their own course in life, and if the journey of her life called for them to join her, they would come eventually. For now, she had others to wory about.

@Crow @Ver @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee

The onion-looking knight crashed through the doors of the abandoned church, pushing them open with his body but also falling down in the process.

"Agh! Back, foul brute!"

He shouted as he rolled across the ground and struggled to get up. After about 3 seconds, he was standing upright, though it was clear he was dizzy.

He cried out once more as he ran toward the elevator. Before stepping onto it, he looked back, only to find out that his pursuer had disappeared.

"Hmm?"

"Hahaha..."

He laughed nervously before sighing in relief. He sat down and laid his Zweihander on the ground next to him. He then searched through his pockets for some Siegbrau. What else was there to do after an excursion like that? He took his helmet off and took a large swig of the tankard. Afterward, he put his helmet back on and stored the nearly-empty cup back into one of his pouches.

QrKBbRL.jpg

And, as was his custom, he soon fell asleep and snored quite loudly. He dreamt of his quest and soul-bound duty.

?

Aaaaand... the clumsy knight didn't noticed the change of his surroundings at all. How could he? He was still sound asleep.

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..."

Let's be realistic, though. Sleeping away the sorrow certainly won't last for long.

@Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Khan of the Mardu @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Crow @Takumi @anybody @nobody
Just as Ciel had gotten onto Ben, he had heard snoring.

Very loud snoring.

Of course, this annoyed the young Phantomhive, so he did the only sensible thing and kicked the man in the side.

nightmares____ciel_phantomhive_x_male_reader_by_sorrynotsorrycupcake-d9buadn.jpg

"Wake up and cease your infernal snoring at once, you buffoon!" Ciel shouted in an attempt to wake the man up.

@Otto @Crow @Minerva

Jak Prologue

m5y2pK4-XqO0quXjk2PJImZCmXohrrVihXbLsKst0u3vMO7cYgU1uT5ytA0wCMWJ81zwIBMfOOptea7C4VLkPfKzh9w8aMWeB0Hup_ZDJATWcBzPe-eBmoJ-gsv9xw8C9SbP4rPw

Jak had earlier held his head in pain as he had just woken up from something odd. The Coalition previously thought the eco warrior wouldn’t make it but he did. Jak, however was assigned to the Coalition for work once again. Not only did the long eared man have to go without his ottsel friend, Daxter but it was a task for him to complete alone.

The eco warrior had gone through rough times before but waking up in a hell like this felt like staring down Dark Jak in his worst dreams.

.. This can’t be real.

Red..

Red..

Jak felt like he was walking on something squishy but then saw some others gathered around.

“This can’t be Hell, I’m not dead… Fuck.”

Slowly Jak eyed the others around,, noting the individuals around. A teen with a green coat, a woman with armor, and other various individuals.

@Anyone

@Ver @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Crow @Takumi @dark

Siegward of Catarina
@thatguyinthestore @anyone
Just as Ciel had gotten onto Ben, he had heard snoring.

Very loud snoring.

Of course, this annoyed the young Phantomhive, so he did the only sensible thing and kicked the man in the side.

"Wake up and cease your infernal snoring at once, you buffoon!" Ciel shouted in an attempt to wake the man up.

@Otto @Crow @Minerva
XVeIoUB.jpg

Meanwhile, Siegward dreamed of sharing a brew with Yhorm the Giant.

"Hahaha! Long may the sun shine, old friend!"

*CLINK*

Suddenly, there was pain.

"Zzzzz-- Ah! Oh!"

The armored man looked around to see what had woken him up, until he saw Ciel looking down at him. He stood up and spoke to the boy.

"Pardon me, I was absorbed in thought! Uh--"

It was then that he realized his predicament. He looked around in terror. How did he get here? This wasn't the Profaned Capital... In fact, this place couldn't be anywhere even close to the lands of Lothric at all. Just where had he been hauled off to?

"Heavens, me! What is this place?"

Siegward of Catarina
@thatguyinthestore @anyone

XVeIoUB.jpg

Meanwhile, Siegward dreamed of sharing a brew with Yhorm the Giant.

"Hahaha! Long may the sun shine, old friend!"

*CLINK*

Suddenly, there was pain.

"Zzzzz-- Ah! Oh!"

The armored man looked around to see what had woken him up, until he saw Ciel looking down at him. He stood up and spoke to the boy.

"Pardon me, I was absorbed in thought! Uh--"

It was then that he realized his predicament. He looked around in terror. How did he get here? This wasn't the Profaned Capital... In fact, this place couldn't be anywhere even close to the lands of Lothric at all. Just where had he been hauled off to?

"Heavens, me! What is this place?"
"Don't ask me, I ended up here just as you did." Pausing, Ciel would glare at the knight almost angrily. "But please, don't insult my intelligence with such blatant lies. It's quite obvious you were napping."

@Otto @Crow @Minerva

"Better pick him up before someone steps on him," Ben says, picking the tiny little warrior up in his palms. "Awwww... aren't you the cutest little thing? Astolfo, think you could hold on to this guy for me?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Minerva
Ciel glanced over to Ben, seeming a bit annoyed towards the teen as he pet the tiny skull thing.

latest

"Would you put that bloody thing down? I just awoke here and I'd rather not have to deal with you ogling some tiny cretin."

@Crow @Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT
The diminutive knight was about as light as one would expect, not unlike the feeling of holding a child. It's body was cold to the touch, despite being wreathed in a black cloak. The lack of heat indicated that it might've been dead. . .however, it's small arms and legs twitched slightly. A sharp, sword-like weapon was slung around it's back, and it seemed to be wearing some kind of mask that was, as Astolfo noticed, not unlike a skull. It lacked a mouth, or ears, or a nose - just two hollow eyes, and a pair of horns sprouting from it's topside.

If Ben were to peek underneath it's cloak, he would find a jet-black exoskeleton for it's body, armored in what looked like chitinous plate. Was this little thing some kind of insect?

It stirred slightly. Was it awake?

View attachment 2029

". . .!"

The knight tilted it's head upwards. A pair of empty holes stared back at Ben for a moment. Once the knight noticed how close the boy's face was, it reacted.

SWOOSH

A sudden darkness enveloped the small thing, resulting in it darting from Ben's arms like a frightened animal - but it was faster than Ben could process. Before he could even stumble, he would see it standing upright upon the ground, beads of some kind of black, gooey substance floating from it like some kind of gas. The darkness vanished with a hiss, and now the Knight was just standing there.

It stood there, frozen, like it hadn't moved in a very, very long time. It looked up, and it could see the blackened pillars of screaming faces ascending into the sinister Eclipse hanging above them. It looked down, and it saw only the cursed dirt it was standing on. It saw it's legs. It saw it's cloak, and it saw it's torso. The Knight held out it's small hand, looking down at it like it was a science experiment. It clenched it's small hand, and moved it closer to it's "eyes".

It felt the surface of a bone-like material. Something familiar. It was it's "face".

It craned it's neck back, and saw something sharp and grey slung on it's back. It was a Nail. The little knight reached it's hand back and gripped the handle of the weapon, delicately drawing it from the sling and swinging it forward. It held the Nail in it's hand, not looking at it any further - as if it was another limb.

It held it's other hand up and clenched it's fist. A brief spark appeared within it's palm, conjuring a milky, white substance that hung in the air like ink in a beaker full of water. This was SOUL. There wasn't much of it.

View attachment 2030

The knight turned to face the things that were behind it. They were tall, gangly things with long arms and long legs, and tufts of fur on what looked like their heads. Some of them had big shells of metal on them - armor. Some of them had long, sharp implements - weapons. They looked very soft, though. They didn't look like bugs. Their eyes were very different - they had a strange color to them. What was 'strange', though?

The knight simply gripped it's sword and stared in their direction. It looked like it expected something.

@Crow @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Ver @others

Zoe Prologue: Everything is Connected

Being so unceremoniously ejected from a vibrant pink portal in the ground which quickly closed behind her, Zoe appeared unrealistically comfortable for someone in her situation. Well, until a face without a body suddenly began to scream in her ear. Disturbed from her restful sleep floating not an inch off the fleshy ground, Zoe's face screwed up and her nose wrinkled as she rolled around in midair. "Just five more cycles, Doggy, c'mon..." she groaned, flailing an arm around the source of the shrill screaming. The longer her lazy attempts to silence the face remained fruitless, the further her bad-tempered tone grew in volume, until her frustration got the better of her, and she whipped her opposite hand around to slap the face's nose.

Much to her dismay, however, people don't function like alarm clocks.

Resorting to pushing the nose instead, and even kicking it, Zoe growled.
"Okay, I'm awake, I'm awake!" she huffed, and subsequently caved, slowly sitting up on thin air to rub the drowsiness out of her eyes. Stretching her arms with an exaggerated yawn, the ageless herald finally opened her eyes to meet her new surroundings - but more importantly, to find whatever was screaming. Twisting her head to the right, she immediately came eye-to-eye with the horrifying countenance of a decapitated head with its skull broken open and grey matter spread across the wall, screaming at the top of its lungs - presumably because it was so shocked and appalled by the unnatural notion that it was able to speak with no lungs. Rolling her eyes, Zoe casually lobbed a prismatic bubble at the face, and it burst upon contact with a dazzling explosion of butterflies and tiny, twinkling stars. Within a second, the face was lulled into a peaceful sleep, effectively stilling its tongue. For a long moment after the fact, though, Zoe looked upon the sleeping beauty with a wistful sigh. "Say goodbye to Mr. Sandman for me!" she requested, patting the face's forehead before bouncing off her bed of air and stretching her legs.

Taking a gander at the sights laid out before her, Zoe quirked one brow and tapped her chin with an inquisitive sound.
"This doesn't look like Mount Targon..." Zoe snapped her fingers, "D'oh, fart! I slept in again didn't I?" she asked, though she knew the answer already, and appeared to move on quite quickly. "Well...even if I did, what are they gonna do? Fire me?" Zoe laughed, and pranced down the way without a care, although something ahead did catch her eye...

@Khan of the Mardu

"Mingling?"
Zoe repeated, and beamed, zooming forward to stand before Kaine with smile that traveled from ear to ear. "Mingling is fun! Oh-" she exclaimed, but caught her outburst by clearing her throat. Subsequently, she leaned to the left, propping herself up against a pillar of bone with her arms folded, "I mean, I'm totally down to just chill and mingle if you're down," Zoe added, making a conscious effort to make her voice sound deeper and to play down her smile into a casual smirk, "Name's Zoe, the minglienest girl you'll ever meet," she introduced herself with a forced wink and snap of her fingers, which unfortunately for her, was taken as a command to open a portal by the powers that be. The vibrant gateway opened up into the pillar Zoe was leaned on, and with arms flailing, she fell in with a shrill yelp, only to fall out a matching portal on the opposite side of the room. Falling flat on her front, Zoe swiftly scrambled to lounge on her side, with her head propped up on her knuckle. "So chill I'm not even fazed; happens all the time! No biggie right?" she spoke quickly before rolling back onto her front to lean in, head resting on both her knuckles with her feet pedaling in the air above her head. "But what's your name huh?"

@Gummi Bunnies

Zoe Prologue: Everything is Connected

Being so unceremoniously ejected from a vibrant pink portal in the ground which quickly closed behind her, Zoe appeared unrealistically comfortable for someone in her situation. Well, until a face without a body suddenly began to scream in her ear. Disturbed from her restful sleep floating not an inch off the fleshy ground, Zoe's face screwed up and her nose wrinkled as she rolled around in midair. "Just five more cycles, Doggy, c'mon..." she groaned, flailing an arm around the source of the shrill screaming. The longer her lazy attempts to silence the face remained fruitless, the further her bad-tempered tone grew in volume, until her frustration got the better of her, and she whipped her opposite hand around to slap the face's nose.

Much to her dismay, however, people don't function like alarm clocks.

Resorting to pushing the nose instead, and even kicking it, Zoe growled.
"Okay, I'm awake, I'm awake!" she huffed, and subsequently caved, slowly sitting up on thin air to rub the drowsiness out of her eyes. Stretching her arms with an exaggerated yawn, the ageless herald finally opened her eyes to meet her new surroundings - but more importantly, to find whatever was screaming. Twisting her head to the right, she immediately came eye-to-eye with the horrifying countenance of a decapitated head with its skull broken open and grey matter spread across the wall, screaming at the top of its lungs - presumably because it was so shocked and appalled by the unnatural notion that it was able to speak with no lungs. Rolling her eyes, Zoe casually lobbed a prismatic bubble at the face, and it burst upon contact with a dazzling explosion of butterflies and tiny, twinkling stars. Within a second, the face was lulled into a peaceful sleep, effectively stilling its tongue. For a long moment after the fact, though, Zoe looked upon the sleeping beauty with a wistful sigh. "Say goodbye to Mr. Sandman for me!" she requested, patting the face's forehead before bouncing off her bed of air and stretching her legs.

Taking a gander at the sights laid out before her, Zoe quirked one brow and tapped her chin with an inquisitive sound.
"This doesn't look like Mount Targon..." Zoe snapped her fingers, "D'oh, fart! I slept in again didn't I?" she asked, though she knew the answer already, and appeared to move on quite quickly. "Well...even if I did, what are they gonna do? Fire me?" Zoe laughed, and pranced down the way without a care, although something ahead did catch her eye...

"Mingling?"
Zoe repeated, and beamed, zooming forward to stand before Kaine with smile that traveled from ear to ear. "Mingling is fun! Oh-" she exclaimed, but caught her outburst by clearing her throat. Subsequently, she leaned to the left, propping herself up against a pillar of bone with her arms folded, "I mean, I'm totally down to just chill and mingle if you're down," Zoe added, making a conscious effort to make her voice sound deeper and to play down her smile into a casual smirk, "Name's Zoe, the minglienest girl you'll ever meet," she introduced herself with a forced wink and snap of her fingers, which unfortunately for her, was taken as a command to open a portal by the powers that be. The vibrant gateway opened up into the pillar Zoe was leaned on, and with arms flailing, she fell in with a shrill yelp, only to fall out a matching portal on the opposite side of the room. Falling flat on her front, Zoe swiftly scrambled to lounge on her side, with her head propped up on her knuckle. "So chill I'm not even fazed; happens all the time! No biggie right?" she spoke quickly before rolling back onto her front to lean in, head resting on both her knuckles with her feet pedaling in the air above her head. "But what's your name huh?"

@Gummi Bunnies

Ciel-ciel-phantomhive-32738969-640-360.jpg

"Is every occupant here an annoying, overly positive nuisance? Do you not realize we are in the seventh circle of hell? Or are you simply too naive to realize the danger of our situation?" Ciel asked. Although he himself wasn't worried, he had a literal demon as his servant after all, he still found all these people's constant positivity to be... annoying, to say the least.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Khan of the Mardu @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Minerva

"Don't ask me, I ended up here just as you did." Pausing, Ciel would glare at the knight almost angrily. "But please, don't insult my intelligence with such blatant lies. It's quite obvious you were napping."

@Otto @Crow @Minerva
"Ah, my apologies. It's hard to tell the difference sometimes! Hahahaha..." His nervous laughter slowly vanished as he thought about the situation. "You don't know either? Hmmmmm...."

CXSFpmJ.jpg

"Rounded up and placed into a hellish landscape with no exit or entry in sight... a riddle for the ages. We're in quite a pickle, it seems! I've got to use my head and think! Hmmmm... Mmmm..."

Suddenly, a lightbulb turned on in his head. "Aha! I've got it! You see that sphere over there? Perhaps that is where-- no, no, wait. It looks mighty dangerous over there... I'm no coward and I've a steady hand, but those things make my skin crawl..." He said, referencing the nightmarish faces in the distance.

The lightbulb turned off.

"Hmmm... quite a pickle indeed..."

Back to thinking he went...​

Last edited:
Ciel glanced over to Ben, seeming a bit annoyed towards the teen as he pet the tiny skull thing.

latest

"Would you put that bloody thing down? I just awoke here and I'd rather not have to deal with you ogling some tiny cretin."

@Crow @Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT

"Agh! Back, foul brute!"

"Hmm?"

"Hahaha..."

He laughed nervously before sighing in relief. He sat down and laid his Zweihander on the ground next to him. He then searched through his pockets for some Siegbrau. What else was there to do after an excursion like that? He took his helmet off and took a large swig of the tankard. Afterward, he put his helmet back on and stored the nearly-empty cup back into one of his pouches.

QrKBbRL.jpg

And, as was his custom, he soon fell asleep and snored quite loudly. He dreamt of his quest and soul-bound duty.

?

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..."

The diminutive knight was about as light as one would expect, not unlike the feeling of holding a child. It's body was cold to the touch, despite being wreathed in a black cloak. The lack of heat indicated that it might've been dead. . .however, it's small arms and legs twitched slightly. A sharp, sword-like weapon was slung around it's back, and it seemed to be wearing some kind of mask that was, as Astolfo noticed, not unlike a skull. It lacked a mouth, or ears, or a nose - just two hollow eyes, and a pair of horns sprouting from it's topside.

If Ben were to peek underneath it's cloak, he would find a jet-black exoskeleton for it's body, armored in what looked like chitinous plate. Was this little thing some kind of insect?

It stirred slightly. Was it awake?

View attachment 2029

". . .!"

The knight tilted it's head upwards. A pair of empty holes stared back at Ben for a moment. Once the knight noticed how close the boy's face was, it reacted.

SWOOSH

A sudden darkness enveloped the small thing, resulting in it darting from Ben's arms like a frightened animal - but it was faster than Ben could process. Before he could even stumble, he would see it standing upright upon the ground, beads of some kind of black, gooey substance floating from it like some kind of gas. The darkness vanished with a hiss, and now the Knight was just standing there.

It stood there, frozen, like it hadn't moved in a very, very long time. It looked up, and it could see the blackened pillars of screaming faces ascending into the sinister Eclipse hanging above them. It looked down, and it saw only the cursed dirt it was standing on. It saw it's legs. It saw it's cloak, and it saw it's torso. The Knight held out it's small hand, looking down at it like it was a science experiment. It clenched it's small hand, and moved it closer to it's "eyes".

It felt the surface of a bone-like material. Something familiar. It was it's "face".

It craned it's neck back, and saw something sharp and grey slung on it's back. It was a Nail. The little knight reached it's hand back and gripped the handle of the weapon, delicately drawing it from the sling and swinging it forward. It held the Nail in it's hand, not looking at it any further - as if it was another limb.

It held it's other hand up and clenched it's fist. A brief spark appeared within it's palm, conjuring a milky, white substance that hung in the air like ink in a beaker full of water. This was SOUL. There wasn't much of it.

View attachment 2030

The knight turned to face the things that were behind it. They were tall, gangly things with long arms and long legs, and tufts of fur on what looked like their heads. Some of them had big shells of metal on them - armor. Some of them had long, sharp implements - weapons. They looked very soft, though. They didn't look like bugs. Their eyes were very different - they had a strange color to them. What was 'strange', though?

The knight simply gripped it's sword and stared in their direction. It looked like it expected something.

@Crow @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Ver @others

"I don't thing he's a bloody thing, a bloody person, apparently," Ben retorts, then looks at an onion-headed man. "Guess knights have a thing for sleeping in dire situations."

When the little guy struck, Ben was astonished.

iyL4cjt.jpg

"H- hey! If you want a fair fight, I think Nanotimeforfights."

Ben had self control.

@thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto
Miki_1066_copy.png

"I... I hope so," Miki said, unable to be taken aback by Libra's strange get-up, especially considering it wasn't all that weird compared to the rest of the colorful group. Trying to find answers for all these questions would get her nowhere right now, especially since the more time she spent trying to find answers, the more only questions just popped up in their place.

When Ben inquired about what she had on her, Miki moved her hands to her pockets shortly after realizing that she didn't have her bag on her like she usually carried. Nothing. She had nothing. In this frightening hellhole of a place, she was nothing more than a helpless girl with nothing to her. Just like... Just like before...

"N-No, I don't... have anything on me. Sorry..." She said softly, before taking a look at the small knight Ben had taken into his palms.

"Uuu... Creepy."

"I think unfriendly's a better word," Ben responds. "I'm going to assume that they're wearing the same uniform as you are. Miki, try not to be intimidated. I know I can look pretty... what's the word...

Uf3Eeqm.jpg

... alien."

Ben dialed his watch, unveiling an array of holograms to shift between.

"Oh, and Astolfo, think you could say Wildmutt in a deep voice for me? No particular reason."

He smacked it down, allowing himself to transform.

Ben was covered in fur as he assumed an animalistic position. All this happened in a split second and was veiled by a green light. The emblem of his watch was seen on the collar of the beast that took his place.

Rwa8QUw.jpg

"Grrraurgh..." the beast growled, before it sniffed Miki's uniform, then tried to use the scent of this uniform to whiff out others to might be wearing it as well.

@Ver @Minerva @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee

@Atomic Knight @Josh @Krieg

Last edited:

"Ah, my apologies. It's hard to tell the difference sometimes! Hahahaha..." His nervous laughter slowly vanished as he thought about the situation. "You don't know either? Hmmmmm...."

CXSFpmJ.jpg

"Rounded up and placed into a hellish landscape with no exit or entry in sight... a riddle for the ages. We're in quite a pickle, it seems! I've got to use my head and think! Hmmmm... Mmmm..."

Suddenly, a lightbulb turned on in his head. "Aha! I've got it! You see that sphere over there? Perhaps that is where we should go-- no, wait. It looks mighty dangerous over there... I'm no coward and I've a steady hand, but those things make my skin crawl..." He said, referencing the nightmarish faces in the distance.

The lightbulb turned off.

"Hmmm... quite a pickle indeed..."
"Yes... this is indeed quite the situation." Ciel replied with a curt nod.
"I don't thing he's a bloody thing, a bloody person, apparently," Ben retorts, then looks at an onion-headed man. "Guess knights have a thing for sleeping in dire situations."

When the little guy struck, Ben was astonished.

iyL4cjt.jpg

"H- hey! If you want a fair fight, I think Nanotimeforfights."

Ben had self control.

@thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto

"I think unfriendly's a better word," Ben responds. "I'm going to assume that they're wearing the same uniform as you are. Miki, try not to be intimidated. I know I can look pretty... what's the word...

Uf3Eeqm.jpg

... alien."

Ben dialed his watch, unveiling an array of holograms to shift between.

"Oh, and Astolfo, think you could say Wildmutt in a deep voice for me? No particular reason."

He smacked it down, allowing to transform.

Ben was covered in fur as he assumed an animalistic position. All this happened in a split second and was veiled by a green light. The emblem of his watch was seen on the collar of the beast that took his place.

Rwa8QUw.jpg

"Grrraurgh..." the beast growled, before it sniffed Miki's uniform, then tried to use the scent of this uniform to whiff out others to might be wearing it as well.

@Ver @Minerva @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee

@Atomic Knight @Josh @Krieg
"Ah, so I see you respond to one politely asking you to stop by impersonating one's way of speaking like a mere child." Ciel said as he deadpanned.

His subsequent transformation into some mutant dog didn't seem to phase him much, either.

@Otto @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva

Miki_1004_copy.png

"H-Huh? Who are you people?" The girl asked to those who initially approached her, visibly intimidated by their approach and even taking a step back. It was as though she hadn't seen anyone quite like them before. Not that these people in question were very... normal looking, between Astolfo and Viriginia at least, among the others who stood around, but this band wasn't exactly what she was expecting from survivors. Then again... This place... If it wasn't just a horrifying nightmare, then what was this place? Hell? Were they already dead? Was that why she couldn't find Yuki-senpai and the others?

Thoughts raced through her mind as she remained reluctant to respond, her lips quivering as she struggled to produce an immediate response to those who went up to her, but she managed to at least utter out words to the best of her ability, despite the shaking she felt all throughout, in her legs, her upper body, and even her own voice.

Miki_1023_copy.png

"U-Uhm... My friends... I... They..." She initially said, stumbling over her own words, "Y-Yes, please help me. They... They have to be here somewhere. My friends... Especially Yuki-senpai... They can't... I can't..." The girl continued to find it difficult to talk coherently, stopping for a brief moment, before forcing herself to take a breath.

The others seemed more composed than she was; were they more accustomed to this place? Had they been here for a longer time than her? So many questions piled up in the girl's head, but for now, it was as the lady said. She had to be calm. Even if it wasn't enough, she had to be strong. For Yuki-senpai, Kurumi-chan, and Yuu-san.

"My... M-My name is Miki Naoki. Does anyone... know where this is?"

@Crow @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Minerva @Khan of the Mardu

"Bark!"

As Ben and Miki chatted a dog yelp could be heard. Soon the noise of little feet galloping came closer.

latest

As he came towards Miki, Taromaru ran right past her. Maybe he knew where the other girls were?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back