Status
Not open for further replies.
Sumia would attempt a curtsy, wobbling a bit but thankfully nor falling flat on her face. "So...do you have any clue where we are, Sebastian? I'm completely baffled..." And scared. This was really scary.

@thatguyinthestore

----

Noting some discord in the group, Libra had the idea to boost morale. "There appears to be...something up ahead. Perhaps a few of us might investigate it and report back?"

@Ver @Takumi @Crow @Minerva @Sen @Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies
Hearing the rather pretty priestess's call for volunteers, Virginia perked up and raised a hand for him to see, "I'll go! I'm armed and ready for action if it'll help the group!"

@Ver @Takumi @Crow @Minerva @Sen @Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies

Hearing the rather pretty priestess's call for volunteers, Virginia perked up and raised a hand for him to see, "I'll go! I'm armed and ready for action if it'll help the group!"

@Yun Lee
@Ver @Takumi @Crow@Sen @Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies

Astolfo also nodded. He was a bit excited. "I'll go as well. Or, I could stay here and protect the group. Either one works."

Sumia would attempt a curtsy, wobbling a bit but thankfully nor falling flat on her face. "So...do you have any clue where we are, Sebastian? I'm completely baffled..." And scared. This was really scary.

@thatguyinthestore

----

Noting some discord in the group, Libra had the idea to boost morale. "There appears to be...something up ahead. Perhaps a few of us might investigate it and report back?"

"Bark!"

As Ben and Miki chatted a dog yelp could be heard. Soon the noise of little feet galloping came closer.

latest

As he came towards Miki, Taromaru ran right past her. Maybe he knew where the other girls were?

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Yun Lee
@Yun Lee
@Ver @Takumi @Crow@Sen @Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies

Astolfo also nodded. He was a bit excited. "I'll go as well. Or, I could stay here and protect the group. Either one works."

FSvcd91.jpg

"Grrruuugh..." the beast responds to Libra in a nigh-impossible to translate tongue, making gestures with its paws as if to say it wishes to remain to look for others. It then turns to Astolfo with a smile and nod. It wasn't clear what it was saying.

"Arf arf! Arf arf!"

The beast attempted to communicate with the earthly dog. What was that doing there? The earthly dog had a familiar scent, though, so the beast believed that the dog should be pursued.

@Ver @Josh
@Atomic Knight @Krieg

@Yun Lee @Minerva

Kurumi Ebisuzawa Prologue
The Shovel Knight

---

"Megu-nee, you cut your hair. It looked good long."

Red splattered with her yell, steel driving itself into bone and flesh. Fury and fear converged with each blow, grief blossoming into a garden of agony. Why did it have to be him? Why? WHY?!

"I know, I know, Sensei, not Megu-nee, right?"

Red splattered with her yell, the strands of the infection coursing through her right arm. She could barely feel Nii-san's hands grasping her own, convulsing and screeching with this insufferable trauma. End it. You made a promise, Nii-san. End it.

"Your hair looks good short too, Megu-nee..."

All Kurumi Ebisuzawa could see was red.

---

What a drag.

All the mouths, the faces, the eyes -- all of the horrors. Kurumi was not sure if it phased her or had she had grown so numb it did not surprise her. Chilled to her bone, frozen in place, the brutish member of the School Living Club stiffen her back. Glancing down at her bandaged right arm, sniffing lightly at the sight of the infection, the spitfire slowly began to turn around. Letting her dirty shovel drag against the ground, Kurumi paused as shapes formed themselves in this endless abyss.

A soft smile crept on her lips. If they had died then at least this hell was not so lonely after-all.

"Ayyoo, Miki-san~"

tumblr_nrxfv9bvfF1uw7ug3o5_250.png

"Quit that crying. C'mon, you know us. We are the School Living Club, not the School Crying n' Gone Club"

Through all the snark and spice, Kurumi was exuberant. Her friends, her family, was with her still.

The School Living Club was still in the saddle.

@Ver @Josh @Crow @Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Last edited:

@thatguyinthestore

----

"No... I'm afraid I have no idea where we are." Sebastian replied with a small sigh.

"Yes...." Ciel hummed as he lowered his head and closed his eyes. "I suppose investigation could bear some fruit. Sebastian..." Ciel said as he turned to his butler.

screenshots_000173.jpg

"Go investigate up ahead and report back with any valuable information you find." Ciel said sternly, earning a nod from his butler.

"As you wish, my lord." Sebastian said before turning to Sumia.

latest

"Perhaps we could continue this conversation another time?"
Sebastian said with a smile. No matter her response, the butler would begin running toward the giant hand in the distance at near blinding speeds.

The sudden appearance of dogs didn't give him much incentive to stay behind, anyways.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Krieg @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Minerva

"No... I'm afraid I have no idea where we are." Sebastian replied with a small sigh.

"Yes...." Ciel hummed as he lowered his head and closed his eyes. "I suppose investigation could bear some fruit. Sebastian..." Ciel said as he turned to his butler.

screenshots_000173.jpg

"Go investigate up ahead and report back with any valuable information you find." Ciel said sternly, earning a nod from his butler.

latest

Sebastian said with a smile. No matter her response, the butler would begin running toward the giant hand in the distance at near blinding speeds.

The sudden appearance of dogs didn't give him much incentive to stay behind, anyways.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Krieg @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Minerva
"Yeah, this place is some sort of night...mare...oh." And Sebastian was off. Oh, well. Sumia would rejoin Libra, who looked around the group of volunteers.

"All right then, perhaps we should follow that gentleman ahead. The last thing anyone should be is alone." With that, Libra would follow behind Sebastian.

@Ver @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Crow @Minerva @Sen@Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies
"R-Right!" After a shocked gasp at the neck-breaking speed the butler flew towards the giant hand with, Virginia took up a spot at Libra's side and travelled along with him and Sumia, hands hanging low near her ARMs' grips as she hummed, "Oh yeah, you two... I don't think I told you my name. I'm Virginia Maxwell, nice to meet you."

@Ver @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Crow @Minerva @Sen@Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies

"Yeah, this place is some sort of night...mare...oh." And Sebastian was off. Oh, well. Sumia would rejoin Libra, who looked around the group of volunteers.

"All right then, perhaps we should follow that gentleman ahead. The last thing anyone should be is alone." With that, Libra would follow behind Sebastian.

The elder personally felt a bit out of his element, but that couldn't be helped in this lind of situation.

"I'll join you. We may as well stick together." Lindel called with a small hum as he followed after Libra, Sumia, and the volunteers. He felt more at ease with his sword at his side.

@Ver @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Minerva @Sen @Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies

"R-Right!" After a shocked gasp at the neck-breaking speed the butler flew towards the giant hand with, Virginia took up a spot at Libra's side and travelled along with him and Sumia, hands hanging low near her ARMs' grips as she hummed, "Oh yeah, you two... I don't think I told you my name. I'm Virginia Maxwell, nice to meet you."

"I am Sebastian Michaelis, loyal butler and servant of Ciel Phantomhive." Sebastian said to the ones who were heading towards the giant hand, having slowed down a bit.

@Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Takumi

Libra smiled at Virginia. "I am Libra. A pleasure to meet you, miss, though I do wish it were under happier circumstances..."

"I'm Sumia! But, uh...I'll be staying back. Gods only know I'd only be a hindrance and fall a good four times before getting there." She waved them all good luck, stickimg behind with the rest. "You can all trust Libra-he's very reliable."

@Ver @Takumi @Crow @Minerva @Sen@Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore
"I am Sebastian Michaelis, loyal butler and servant of Ciel Phantomhive." Sebastian said to the ones who were heading towards the giant hand, having slowed down a bit.

Astolfo would nod, give a whistle, and climb onto a large Hippogriff. It would take off and follow the rest of the group, flying at a low altitude.

"Oh, I'm Astolfo, and it's very nice to meet you all." He said.

@Ver @Crow @anyone

Prologue- Red

The last thing Mike remembered was finding Josh. He had been told by Sam to help Josh out of the mines while she went off on her own. As he awoke and his senses regained from the red blur, he saw he was in Hell. It was fitting for him though. A penance for playing a part in the killing of Beth and Hannah Washington, for shooting and killing Emily. So, he was fine with this. He got up and turned to see Josh who was notably freaking out.

Josh looked around and mumbled. " This isn't real... just another delusion. You are okay, you are fine."

Mike not caring about Josh's freak out decided to approach the hand.

@thatguyinthestore @Ver @Yun Lee

Josh

Josh rocked himself back and forth.... he might need some comfort.

@Anyone

Miki_101_copy.png

"T-Taromaru! Kurumi-chan!" Miki exclaimed in a high tone as two familiar faces made themselves known to her. By complete instinct, she ran right toward the shovel-wielding girl and pulled her into a great big hug; usually she was more composed than this, but all things considered, this was far from a normal situation. She gave a tight, but brief hug, pulling away after a short enough while before the familiar dog zipped past, not even waiting for her.

"T-Taromaru, wait!" She called out, starting to run after it before suddenly falling back when Ben took to his new beastly form out of nowhere.

Miki_1045_copy.png

"Waaaaaah! W-What is that?!" Miki yelped, crawling away from the orange beast and looking up at it in fear.

"B-Ben-san...?"

@Crow @Josh @Krieg

Libra smiled at Virginia. "I am Libra. A pleasure to meet you, miss, though I do wish it were under happier circumstances..."

"I'm Sumia! But, uh...I'll be staying back. Gods only know I'd only be a hindrance and fall a good four times before getting there." She waved them all good luck, stickimg behind with the rest. "You can all trust Libra-he's very reliable."

@Ver @Takumi @Crow @Minerva @Sen@Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore
"Well, a pleasure to meet the both of you as well! As well, at least we have a gr- wait, he?" Despite Virginia's genuinely warm response to all three of them as they walked with the exception of Sumia, nothing could stop her from being shocked at the revelation. For a moment, she just stared at Libra in shock, both in confusion and something akin to... admiration? That seemed to be what the sparkles in her eyes (and the slight blush on her cheeks) meant as she finally spoke, "Wow... you're prettier than even your friend, but you're a guy? Dang, you got lucky in the looks department, mister."

Last edited:
Virginia giggled slightly at how strangely awkward the skeleton man seemed, just waving off his concern, "Don't worry, I won't ask anything of you. Your friend is in need, and it's only right to help her." That was the honest truth of it, no ulterior motive behind her denial. While her party had at times made use of the returned kindness of those they helped during their journeys, they had also grown used to the possibility of not receiving repayment and didn't expect anything of the sort. Even as heroes of Filgaia, Maxwell knew they were on their own for surviving out in the slowly healing wastelands...

But that didn't mean she couldn't spare an act of kindness when possible.

"Eh?" However, she hadn't expected such a sharp rebuke from the mysterious woman known as Kaine as soon as she awoke. Scratching the back of her head awkwardly, the gunslinger wasn't sure what to respond with, finally just settling on repeating herself once again, "Well, like I told your friend, I don't expect you to help me... But I do know one thing about you!" Cheering herself up once again before standing and holding a hand down to help the grouch, Virginia grinned at the woman whose hair looked as if it was the snow of the highest billowing peaks, "You're Kaine, like your friend called out, and I'm Virginia Maxwell. Everyone's trying to get organized so we can figure out what happened, so you can join us if you want. Anyways, nice to meet you, hope you guys stay safe!"

Without waiting another moment after Kaine might take her hand and stand, the girl with chestnut hair turned from her to wave goodbye at Emil with a smile before heading back to her group. In the past, Virginia might have pressed them both to join with her... but she knew now that everyone had their own course in life, and if the journey of her life called for them to join her, they would come eventually. For now, she had others to wory about.

@Crow @Ver @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee
❝ Whatever... ❞ Kaine huffed a bit. Definitely wasn't a fan of getting to know other people so soon, much to Emil's dismay.

❝ D-Don't worry! Kaine's usually really really nice! ❞ Of course, Emil always had to reveal details here and there about themselves so casually, but she couldn't get mad at him. Compared to everyone from their original party, Emil was pretty much still young, so he had a bit of innocence in him. Though when she thought it was going to be only the two of them.

Zoe Prologue: Everything is Connected

Being so unceremoniously ejected from a vibrant pink portal in the ground which quickly closed behind her, Zoe appeared unrealistically comfortable for someone in her situation. Well, until a face without a body suddenly began to scream in her ear. Disturbed from her restful sleep floating not an inch off the fleshy ground, Zoe's face screwed up and her nose wrinkled as she rolled around in midair. "Just five more cycles, Doggy, c'mon..." she groaned, flailing an arm around the source of the shrill screaming. The longer her lazy attempts to silence the face remained fruitless, the further her bad-tempered tone grew in volume, until her frustration got the better of her, and she whipped her opposite hand around to slap the face's nose.

Much to her dismay, however, people don't function like alarm clocks.

Resorting to pushing the nose instead, and even kicking it, Zoe growled.
"Okay, I'm awake, I'm awake!" she huffed, and subsequently caved, slowly sitting up on thin air to rub the drowsiness out of her eyes. Stretching her arms with an exaggerated yawn, the ageless herald finally opened her eyes to meet her new surroundings - but more importantly, to find whatever was screaming. Twisting her head to the right, she immediately came eye-to-eye with the horrifying countenance of a decapitated head with its skull broken open and grey matter spread across the wall, screaming at the top of its lungs - presumably because it was so shocked and appalled by the unnatural notion that it was able to speak with no lungs. Rolling her eyes, Zoe casually lobbed a prismatic bubble at the face, and it burst upon contact with a dazzling explosion of butterflies and tiny, twinkling stars. Within a second, the face was lulled into a peaceful sleep, effectively stilling its tongue. For a long moment after the fact, though, Zoe looked upon the sleeping beauty with a wistful sigh. "Say goodbye to Mr. Sandman for me!" she requested, patting the face's forehead before bouncing off her bed of air and stretching her legs.

Taking a gander at the sights laid out before her, Zoe quirked one brow and tapped her chin with an inquisitive sound.
"This doesn't look like Mount Targon..." Zoe snapped her fingers, "D'oh, fart! I slept in again didn't I?" she asked, though she knew the answer already, and appeared to move on quite quickly. "Well...even if I did, what are they gonna do? Fire me?" Zoe laughed, and pranced down the way without a care, although something ahead did catch her eye...

"Mingling?"
Zoe repeated, and beamed, zooming forward to stand before Kaine with smile that traveled from ear to ear. "Mingling is fun! Oh-" she exclaimed, but caught her outburst by clearing her throat. Subsequently, she leaned to the left, propping herself up against a pillar of bone with her arms folded, "I mean, I'm totally down to just chill and mingle if you're down," Zoe added, making a conscious effort to make her voice sound deeper and to play down her smile into a casual smirk, "Name's Zoe, the minglienest girl you'll ever meet," she introduced herself with a forced wink and snap of her fingers, which unfortunately for her, was taken as a command to open a portal by the powers that be. The vibrant gateway opened up into the pillar Zoe was leaned on, and with arms flailing, she fell in with a shrill yelp, only to fall out a matching portal on the opposite side of the room. Falling flat on her front, Zoe swiftly scrambled to lounge on her side, with her head propped up on her knuckle. "So chill I'm not even fazed; happens all the time! No biggie right?" she spoke quickly before rolling back onto her front to lean in, head resting on both her knuckles with her feet pedaling in the air above her head. "But what's your name huh?"

@Gummi Bunnies

Not even five minutes after waking up and recovering, and Kaine was questioning herself as to how she attracts attention so easily. She'd expect her gruffy attitude to either scare some or piss select others off.

❝ ... riight. Say what you want, kiddo. ❞ Why couldn't she get some people that were like that dumb book Weiss or that overly heroic Nier? At least then she would have an excuse to vent, so for now, she didn't really want to go off on some young faces. ❝ It's Kaine. Easy question, over and done with. ❞

❝ And I'm Emil! We don't look like it, but me and Kaine are pretty great friends! I hope we can be friends too, Zoe. We can't have too many friends! ❞ The skeletal boy couldn't help himself from introducing himself out of pure excitement. Sure they were in a foreign and shady place, but it was always good to find nice people. Emil thought so, not so sure about Kaine.

@Archmage Jeremiah

Prologue- Red

The last thing Mike remembered was finding Josh. He had been told by Sam to help Josh out of the mines while she went off on her own. As he awoke and his senses regained from the red blur, he saw he was in Hell. It was fitting for him though. A penance for playing a part in the killing of Beth and Hannah Washington, for shooting and killing Emily. So, he was fine with this. He got up and turned to see Josh who was notably freaking out.

Josh looked around and mumbled. " This isn't real... just another delusion. You are okay, you are fine."

@thatguyinthestore @Ver @Yun Lee

Josh

Josh rocked himself back and forth.... he might need some comfort.

@Anyone
If there was one thing that Ciel hated more than senseless optimism, it was pointless moping. So, when he noticed Josh rocking back and forth, the boy looked down at him with a pair of soul-piercing eyes.

Ciel.Phantomhive.full.230176.jpg

"Quit moping around in self pity. It's pathetic." Ciel said in a stern voice.

@Lucky

"Well, a pleasure to meet the both of you as well! As well, at least we have a gr- wait, he?" Despite Virginia's genuinely warm response to all three of them as they walked with the exception of Sumia, nothing could stop her from being shocked at the revelation. For a moment, she just stared at Libra in shock, both in confusion and something akin to... admiration? That seemed to be what the sparkles in her eyes (and the slight blush on her cheeks) meant as she finally spoke, "Wow... you're pretty than even your friend, but you're a guy? Dang, you got lucky in the looks department, mister."
"And it's a pleasure to meet you as well, Miss Virginia." Sebastian said with a smile. When Sumia realized that Libra was indeed a male instead of a female, the butler only chuckled.

"A case of mistaken gender, I see. Rest assured, Libra, I was fully aware of your status as a male." Sebastian said just in case Libra felt discouraged by Virginia mistaking him for a woman.

@Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu

Lucatiel of Mirrah - Prologue; Knightfall
@Verite
@Away From the Hand

"My name is Lucatiel. I beg of you, remember my name. For I may not myself…"

Those were the last words Lucatiel would utter in this world... Or so... She thought anyways.

While she had been kept sane for just a little longer, fighting by the side of a complete stranger, (none other than a a woman who seemed pretty scantily clad, weirdly enough)... She found a few precious moments of solace, and felt like a knight for just a little longer...

adhozQZ.jpg

But now... She knew her end drew near... And though as an undead, she could not die... She soon might as well be... Dead...

All her memories gone... Scattered to the winds, and whatever semblance of herself... Would be no more. She had dreaded this day would come, and even sought to avoid it, but alas, even Drangleic, could not give her the salvation she desired.

Her vision was fading... And a distinct numbness took over her body, as she closed her eyes and let out what she had thought to be her final breath.

However, fate, seemed to have a different plan in store for her...

Red.

That was the first and only color she saw, when she regained consciousness, and she could feel something distinctly squishy underneath her feet.

Was this what it was like to become hollowed?

No... Wait... Something wasn't quite right.

As the red slowly faded from her vision, it was replaced with a horrific sight; a mass of horrific faces... Abominations that were unlike anything she had seen, rivaling even the creatures she had faced during her time in Drangleic.

Though soon, she noticed something else; her thoughts, her memories... They were... Still there! While she could still feel the disfigured patch on her face, where the undead curse had begun to eat away at her features... Even underneath her mask, she could actually... Think... Clearly...

But perhaps it would have been better if she had hollowed, right then and there, in that rundown hut, next to that bonfire... Rather than to have to bear witness to the terrors of wherever she had ended up.

However, since she was here... Alive... And still her... As a knight of Mirrah, as much as her homeland may shun her now... She would fight... And endure, to the very end.

On the other hand, after the initial shock of her surroundings faded, she found that she wasn't quite sure WHAT to fight, if anything at all. Who was a friend? Who was a foe?

Well, it seemed that was a question that could wait until later, as she didn't show too much interest in interacting with the oddball group that had been gathered here, and while she was tempted to approach the mysterious hand in the distance... Seeing that others had already headed there, she decided to head in the opposite direction of the hand.

After all, she hoped to survey the area a little better, before she started messing around with any weird, enlargened appendages that loomed ominously in the distance.​

Last edited:
Josh

Josh turned over to the twelve year old with an eyepatch and raised a skeptical eyebrow before he decided to ask. " You can see all of that too...." Josh wasn't sure if he was comforted or freaked out that the others could see the things. Where the hell was he? This was the mountains. He got up and ran a hand through his hair, trying to not freak out more.... he still wasn't sure he wouldn't soon.

@thatguyinthestore

screenshots_000173.jpg

latest

The sudden appearance of dogs didn't give him much incentive to stay behind, anyways.​

"All right then, perhaps we should follow that gentleman ahead. The last thing anyone should be is alone." With that, Libra would follow behind Sebastian.​
Astolfo would nod, give a whistle, and climb onto a large Hippogriff. It would take off and follow the rest of the group, flying at a low altitude.

"Oh, I'm Astolfo, and it's very nice to meet you all." He said.
Prologue- Red

The ground gradually became more and more unstable and uneven as those who decided to head toward the giant hand in the distance came ever closer. The faces on the ground gradually became bigger and bigger, but never ended, only going on and on incessantly. What these faces even were supposed to represent, if anything at all, were a mystery, but they continued to spell sinister all throughout.

Before long, however, something rather peculiar happened.

One of the faces in the ground began to morph, taking the form of a woman's face. And then... she rose.

86f6405eb238b6a4202d03887e31143feaf3c072_hq.gif

From the ground of endless faces rose a giant woman, possibly up to at least thirty feet tall, wearing what almost looked like a corset made of armor covering the front of her body. Her green, vine-like hair gave her the appearance of some sort of Gorgon, and her sinister smirk as she towered over everyone didn't help, nor did her long, devilish wings either.

In the place where she had risen from, there was only empty blackness. As her form rose from below and floated above in the air like a demon, the faces on the ground were replaced with nothing, a cold, black abyss standing in the way of everyone who attempted to move forward, unable to be bypassed.

"Oh... My, my. Don't we have a succulent pick today?" The demonic woman asked in a sultry yet sinister voice, giggling malevolently as she looked down upon the group.

latest

"Some humans, per the norm... But what's this? A demon? I don't think my children have indulged in cannibalism before, but with that form, maybe they won't be able to tell the difference. Of course, I could have you all to myself..." The woman giggled, licking her lips briefly. If one had to guess, they could say that she had something to do with all this, but at the present, one still had to wonder why they were here.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Lucky @Minerva @Khan of the Mardu @TowardTheHand

Mike

After all that he had encountered coming out of the mountains, a woman's face climbing out of the ground was weird.... but his life was weird. At the mention of demons, he knew for certain that they were in Hell. " Why gather us here and what are you?" He asked. If Mike was one thing, he was brave and bold in his decisions, that much was true. Hopefully, she answered him.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Ver @Minerva @Khan of the Mardu @TowardTheHand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back