Status
Not open for further replies.
Siegward of Catarina
@York @Ver @AwayFromHand

Siegward's confidence grew when he noticed people going toward the hand in the distance. Greater numbers meant less danger and more victory! However, he told himself that, because there were several powerful allies already moving there, he had no need to join them. Surely, they'd have that area dealt with and he could instead explore the area away from the hand in order to cover more ground!

The knight of Catarina thought nothing of Lucatiel at first; he had thought that she was just another oddball that this group seemed to consist of. However, there was something oddly familiar about her armor.

Could that be a knight of Mirrah?

There was no doubt about it. In this place of unfamiliarities, this person was the only familiarity.

8aVhS2n.png

"You look like you could use a drink! Go on, it's yours." Siegward said as he held a tankard of Siegbrau, offering it to his newfound friend.

2r3qq0_JPQnm_HPJFv_GNTEXA.png

As Lucatiel and Siegward ventured in the opposite direction of the imposing giant hand, the faces of the cursed continued to haunt their surroundings, as the dark sky began to slowly be obscured by a ceiling that made itself known. From one unearthly sight to another, it seemed. Like most of the rest of the place, the area seemed to be an empty, grand field with nothing to it, though... however, it wasn't too long before something might have caught their eye.

"H-Help! Someone... Please help me!" The voice of an unfamiliar man called out in the distance. If one were to look in the direction from which his voice came from, they'd be able to see him to the side, both his legs trapped underneath the crevices between two of the giant faces that made up the ground. Taking notice of the two, the man waved his arm helplessly at them. "H-Help me, please! I'm... I'm stuck!"

@York @Otto @Away from the Hand

"Rii-san!" Miki gasped in relief as another familiar face made herself known after calming down from Ben's transformation and reforming. It was something that she had trouble comprehending, so she simply didn't fully comprehend it. The hellhole she found herself in was hard enough to accept as it was. Not wanting to make another overly dramatic display like she did upon reuniting with Kurumi, Miki simply nodded toward Yuuri this time around, holding her arm as Ben and Sumia introduced themselves, the former engaging in some small banter with the petulant boy (it felt weird to see an even younger person than herself for once, and yet, he seemed to be one of the more calm people around, if not even mildly vexed by the whole situation).

Miki_1103_copy.png

"..."

She stayed silent as they bickered, letting Sumia simmer them down when Miki herself didn't feel up to standing between the two of them. Indeed, this was far from the time to be fighting amongst each other. Right now, they needed to find Yuki-senpai, and then... Well, they could think about what came after at a later time.

When Sumia then proceeded to suggest searching in the opposite direction of the tower, Miki was reluctant to answer, wondering if moving from their original spot was the best course of action, considering Yuki's... erratic behavior. However, if she was nowhere to be found where they were, then they had no other choice, right?

"U-Uhm... I-If you really think it's a good idea, we can move. Kurumi-chan? Rii-san? What do you two think? Should we take a look somewhere else for Yuki-senpai?" She asked, idly moving to pick up Taromarou in the meantime.

@Crow @Yun Lee @Josh @Krieg @thatguyinthestore @Atomic Knight

5f17e9f78d701812439584a946a91654460c0d01_00.gif

"Hmm? Ufufu... How amusing. What a lively little creature you are. Certainly more than the others down there. It'll be a shame when your time comes," Slan responded to Zoe, seemingly entertained by her pep. Void, on the other hand, was not quite as amused, assuming he even acknowledged Zoe's presence at all, remaining silent and still like a statue as Zoe spoke, the symbol of the mysterious brand continuing to glow in front of his face ominously.

To Arikado, the woman let out yet another sultry chuckle, moving her arms to hug her own body as she turned toward him. "I am God. Just as Void is God. And the others. But you need not worry about myself... child of darkness. You've been branded for sacrifice; you should be honored. My children will certainly enjoy you..." She breathed, partially answering Kokichi's question on the side, as the ground beside everyone slowly began to shift mysteriously, as though like an act of God, per the prayers of Libra. Or... perhaps not so. Slan shuddered lightly, continuing to giggle. "Mmm... 'Tis been a while since a man has looked at me like that. Without fear, without want... but just like that. Like a black swordsman..."

From the ground rose a number of beastly and identical monsters, brutish and demonic, with three eyes, one on each shoulder.

pnT-z_GkREWOEz0CMlBVIA.png

"Rrrrrr..."

Opening their massive maws, they stepped toward the group, their intent hopefully clear.

"Try if you wish to resist your fate. No human could ever hope to fight it in the end though. Resign or resist, it matters not to me. The result will always be the same. That is the will of causality," Slan sighed, all the while Void continued to simply remain still silently, and with that, the monsters roared, before leaping right at the group, ready to bite down and eat!

@Jeremi @Kaykay @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Sen @Khan of the Mardu @Alex Azure @Toward the Hand
That President certainly gave Vilgax a run for his money.

KIcNzN8.jpg

"We're all going to be nice, Miss, no need to worry, right guys?" Ben had evident nervousness within the last few words.

"Your President's right. This place is a little too alien to just split up on a whim, especially with our current group size," Ben adds. "But what if we had a bigger group?"

Ben prepares to transform, as evidenced by him dialing his Omnitrix.

"Stand back for a bit, girls, because it's hero time."

And so he did.

xAToSyY.jpg

"Echo Echo!" It seemed that Ben had transformed into some sort of diminuitive self-replicating being that continued to replicate.

"I'll remain in our current group."

"The rest of us other Echo Echoes..."

"... will scatter."

The more the merrier, or so they say. With more hands on deck and more direction to cover, they were bound to find Yuki in no time.

The Echo Echo remaining in the main team, dubbed Echo Echo #1, says, "don't worry too much, Echo Echo can afford to do that. Best for you guys to stay in the same group, though."

@Crow @Yun Lee @Ver @Krieg @thatguyinthestore @Atomic Knight @Josh

One of the other Echo Echoes, Echo Echo #2 as dubbed, had bumped into Lucatiel & Siegward helping a stuck man out.

tiEKxZz.jpg

"That's no Yuki, but I think he needs help!"

Echo Echo #2 began to self-replicate, using literal strength in numbers to attempt to pry open the crevice.

"You two..."

"... gonna..."

"... help?"

"Echo Echo isn't..."

"... much of a..."

"... strength guy."

@Ver @Otto @York
"I suppose I shall remain civil as well, given that Ben here does the same." Ciel replied to the girl before heading off in the opposite direction. Not to find Yuki, mind you, Ciel didn't really care for her life all too much.

No, rather, Ciel did it to hopefully find some answers about.... wherever they were.

When he arrived at the location, Ciel noticed the man who was stuck in the ground. Letting out an annoyed sigh, Ciel reluctantly attempted to help pull the man out.

@Ver @Crow @Otto @York
QnVBoMo.jpg

"I just realised..."

"... that I have yet to..."

"... catch your name..."

Echo Echo #2's duplicates were completing each other's sentences as they spoke to Ciel.

"... care to tell..."

"... what it is?"

@Ver @Crow @Otto @York @thatguyinthestore
"Oh, you poor thing! Let me help..." Ciel was so small, he needed an extra hand, surely. Sumia would help pull him out, trying her damnedest not to trip and fall as she did so.

@Crow @Yun Lee @Ver @Krieg@thatguyinthestore @Atomic Knight @York @Otto
"I am Ciel Phantomhive. Earl of Phantomhive and the Queen's Guard Dog. I already know your name, thanks to you spurting it out everywhere." Ciel said, not even facing Ben as he spoke, instead focusing on trying to undo the man.

@Crow @Ver @Yun Lee @Otto @York
Siegward of Catarina
@York @Ver @Crow @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @AwayFromHand

The shouting of a man in need of help caught Siegward's attention abruptly. He was enjoying himself before, but now a knot formed in his stomach.

He forced a smile through the disturbing sight.

"Worry not, friend! I am on my way!" The knight of Catarina bellowed as he charged enthusiastically toward him. When he arrived, he noticed strange creatures and other people already helping. Witnessing the teamwork that was unfolding, Siegward smiled even wider. He put his weapons down and assisted in freeing the fellow lost soul.

The knight barged into the conversation and said, "Ah! I forgot to introduce myself as well. Friends, I am Siegward, a knight of Catarina. With our combined strength and minds, we shall achieve great victory together! After we free this man, we should have a toast!"
Echo Echo #2's duplicates began to talk again.

Dy9j7fC.jpg

"Sorry..."

"... but I believe..."

"... I am a little too young..."

"... for alcohol."

"Anyways..."

"... I am..."

"... Ben Tennyson."

"Good to meet you..."

"... Siegward."

@York @Ver @Crow @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Otto
Miki_116_copy.png

"E-Eh... Yes, Rii-san," Miki said, her morale admittedly a little undermined, despite Yuuri's best intentions.

She froze in mild shock again when Ben transformed, but she was glad that the so-called "hero" at least gave a warning this time around, even though this new form he took was... different. Miki didn't have much more in her to freak out about it though, and simply stood there with a mildly (but deep down, significantly) distressed expression on her face.

"I guess... We may as well move somewhere, then. I don't feel really safe just standing here in one spot... I feel like we're being watched," the girl sighed, trying her best to keep her voice as calm as she could. Even though this situation she found herself in was way crazier than anything she'd ever been involved in (and she thought at the time that that was saying something), Miki felt... a strange wave of calm enter her, likely a result of at least reuniting with her dear friends, even if Yuki-senpai was still missing in action, but at least with Kurumi and Rii-san, right now it didn't feel completely hopeless. And maybe it was natural for Yuki to be the last one they found, all things considered...

Moving with the others away from the giant hand and catching up with Lutaciel and Siegward, Miki stood back and let the others try to help the pleading man stuck between the giant faces in the ground. The man was oddly silent after he was approached, not responding to any questions about who he was, or even thanking his saviors.

In fact, as he was pulled out... His lips shifted into a twisted grin.

As his body was pulled out, where one might have expected legs, in place of the lower part of his body looked like... the body of a giant slug.

And that was when the ground rumbled, softly at first, and then a loud CRASH as something horrifying made itself known.

A true monster.

7_Ald_OSM.jpg

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! FOOOOLED YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!"

What the group believed to be a helpless human stuck in the ground actually turned out to be bait, attached to the body of a monster with a grotesque appearance, like a giant worm or bird with an evil face and multiple mouths and eyes.

The body of the "man" was swallowed up into the monster's lower mouth, leaving nothing as it looked down upon the group. "Mmmm... Looks like you haven't been branded yet, but I say, why ruin fresh meat like that anyway?!" It cackled, all the while Miki fell back again and screamed in horror.

"A-Ahh... AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

With that, the monster made its move, extending its neck impossibly in order to reach Miki, Yuuri, and Kurumi in particular, maw wide open and ready to bite down, taking them for the most vulnerable!

@York @Otto @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Josh @Krieg @Away from the Hand

The monsters died easily enough with the power of the group's combined might, as it seemed speed was an advantage they held over the demons. However, what they lacked in speed or durability, they made up for in numbers, as despite the group's efforts to ward them off, more and more kept rising from the ground to take the deceased's place; it was almost as though killing one gave birth to two more, quickly greatly outnumbering the group as they kept approaching!

b_ZBE24j0_TKGDWGuxvpc_Geg.png

In the distance, the black sun in the sky that the giant hand reached out toward suddenly began to turn a darker shade of red, when before it resembled more magenta, and the air slowly began to rumble. One might have assumed this would have been a bad sign, given the ominous and unknown origin of it, but Slan grimaced as soon as the rumbling began, before looking up at the black sun and clicking her tongue in irritation, as though it were something that she did not count on.

"Oh, don't tell me... Him again?"

"It matters not. Their fates have already been sealed, for they have been chosen. It is the will of causality. If he wishes to free them... then so be it. The only thing waiting for them beyond here is misery and suffering. They will beg for death soon enough, as humans ought do..."

Whoever this figure the two were referring to was a mystery, but whoever "he" was, it seemed that there was at least one person out there trying to help the group, but the question was, would he make it in time?

@Alex Azure @Kaykay @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Takumi @Sen @Khan of the Mardu @Minerva @dark @Toward the Hand
Sumia couldn't help but shriek as the slug took its form, losing her balance and falling back on the ground. "Ugh...huh?" Oh no...the girls! She couldn't let them get hurt! Taking up her bow, Sumia launched an arrow at the slug's eye, then another. If she could blind it, it could buy the three time to escape!

@Crow @Yun Lee @Ver @Krieg@thatguyinthestore @Atomic Knight @York @Otto

---

Libra felt an inkling of hope in his heart as Slan and Void conversed. Could it be...his prayer had been answered? Gods, he hoped so. He would continue to hack at any and all monsters, praying continuously as he did so. Please, Gods, let aid appear in their time of need!

@Alex Azure @Kaykay @Jeremi@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Takumi@Sen @Khan of the Mardu @Minerva@dark @Toward the Hand
Upon the revelation of a trap, one of the Echo Echoes smacked the emblem on its chest as its hue altered to be more blue and metallic. All the other Echo Echoes had turned into disc-like structures.

This new blue form was most fast and agile. Its speeds could be said to be impossible.

Ia9Himq.jpg

"Ultimate Echo Echo," the robot-like form spoke as it stood in the way of the beast's maw and the three girls near instantly. Its voice matched its appearance - very much like a stereotypical robot.

"Hey ugly!" Ultimate Echo Echo taunted as it formed a defensive position, firing high-powered sonic attacks from its arms, right at its mouth, and by extension, face. He also controlled the surrounding discs to circle the beast and do the same.

g8rSBRl.jpg

"Eat this. SONIC DOOM!"

@York @Otto @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Josh @Krieg @Ver
Ciel-ciel-phantomhive-32738969-640-360.jpg

"This is a waste of my time." Ciel said with a deadpan, unphased by the giant slug. Knowing that he stood no chance against the beast, Ciel attempted to walk past it, hoping that the current group would provide a suitable distraction for him to do so

@Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @Otto @York

"Excuse me, but do either of you mind indulging us with the knowledge of whom you're referring to?" Sebastian asked, looking up at the both of them as he continued to nonchalantly throw his kitchen utensils at the demons like it was a game of darts.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Sen @Kaykay @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @Lucky @dark @Minerva
Siegward of Catarina
@Crow @Ver @York @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Josh @Krieg @AwayFromHand

"Nonsense! You're never too young for a nice, cold drink!" The burly knight declared, his voice wavering slightly due to the strain.​

And there went Siegward's jolly mood. "My... aren't you a humongous beast?" He deadpanned. He reached for his Storm Ruler, and as he did, memories of his duty came back to him, one by one. He had to make it to the Profaned Capital, and this... thing was in his way. Whatever alcohol that was in his body wasn't enough to wash away this simple fact.

This creature had threatened his victory and endangered the lives of his new friends. It had to die.​

Noticing two of his dear allies join the fight, he did too.

"I, Siegward of the Knights of Catarina, fight by your sides! May this abomination be slain at once! HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

8mNfciC.png

He charged into the fray, the blade of his Storm Ruler quickly gathering storm. Gusts of air surrounded the knight, and soon there was enough storm to unleash the strike.

giphy.gif

Intending to cut the creature's head off with a slash imbued with highly pressurized air, Siegward moved accordingly and attacked.
Lucatiel of Mirrah
@Otto @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Josh @Krieg @Ver
@AwayFromHand

Lucatiel turned when Siegward spoke to her, the mild look of surprise on her face hidden by her mask. It wasn't really the fact that she had company while exploring the area away from the hand, but moreso the fact that it was a Knight, from Caterina no less. She had thought them long gone, but... Evidently not, at least not here.

Being offered a drink, she hesitated; it's been quite some time since she had anything to eat or drink, after all. Being undead, it didn't seem like she required such things anymore, but... All the same, she could use one. However, she couldn't exactly drink anything as long as she had her mask on, which meant she would have to unveil the fact that she was cursed, something her fellow knights did not take kindly to...

After all, she doubted even a knight of Caterina would treat her any different, given the circumstances.

Fortunately, an seemingly ensnared man served as a distraction from this... And for the time being, she pushed the drink away, opting to help someone in need instead, for whatever it was worth.

"Later." She said simply, attempting to help the man with the others.

However, she seemed to hesitate when the man appeared unresponsive to any questions... And strangely quiet, for someone in peril. Something was wrong about this, but she couldn't quite place what.

Placing her hands on her sword, she backed away, standing firm as a horrendous creature emerged, the humanoid figure in it's mouth evidently having been bait. It mentioned them not being branded yet, which struck Lucatiel as odd; she was branded alright, with the accursed darksign, but... Perhaps there was a different kind of brand that was of interest here.

At any rate, as the beast lunged towards what it deemed to be the most vulnerable of the group, Lucatiel wasted no time drawing her blade, brandishing it defiantly towards the beast they now faced.

"I won't die in this foul place!" She roared.

With that, she lunged forwards, attempting to slash at the creature's neck, believing this to be a weak point on the monster's body, seeming to forget about her surroundings entirely for now. She was a Knight of Mirrah after all, one that found her identity, and strength in battle, and she was not about to back down from this one, as much as the odds may be stacked against her...​

Miki_116_copy.png

"E-Eh... Yes, Rii-san," Miki said, her morale admittedly a little undermined, despite Yuuri's best intentions.

She froze in mild shock again when Ben transformed, but she was glad that the so-called "hero" at least gave a warning this time around, even though this new form he took was... different. Miki didn't have much more in her to freak out about it though, and simply stood there with a mildly (but deep down, significantly) distressed expression on her face.

"I guess... We may as well move somewhere, then. I don't feel really safe just standing here in one spot... I feel like we're being watched," the girl sighed, trying her best to keep her voice as calm as she could. Even though this situation she found herself in was way crazier than anything she'd ever been involved in (and she thought at the time that that was saying something), Miki felt... a strange wave of calm enter her, likely a result of at least reuniting with her dear friends, even if Yuki-senpai was still missing in action, but at least with Kurumi and Rii-san, right now it didn't feel completely hopeless. And maybe it was natural for Yuki to be the last one they found, all things considered...

Moving with the others away from the giant hand and catching up with Lutaciel and Siegward, Miki stood back and let the others try to help the pleading man stuck between the giant faces in the ground. The man was oddly silent after he was approached, not responding to any questions about who he was, or even thanking his saviors.

In fact, as he was pulled out... His lips shifted into a twisted grin.

As his body was pulled out, where one might have expected legs, in place of the lower part of his body looked like... the body of a giant slug.

And that was when the ground rumbled, softly at first, and then a loud CRASH as something horrifying made itself known.

A true monster.

7_Ald_OSM.jpg

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! FOOOOLED YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!"

What the group believed to be a helpless human stuck in the ground actually turned out to be bait, attached to the body of a monster with a grotesque appearance, like a giant worm or bird with an evil face and multiple mouths and eyes.

The body of the "man" was swallowed up into the monster's lower mouth, leaving nothing as it looked down upon the group. "Mmmm... Looks like you haven't been branded yet, but I say, why ruin fresh meat like that anyway?!" It cackled, all the while Miki fell back again and screamed in horror.

"A-Ahh... AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

With that, the monster made its move, extending its neck impossibly in order to reach Miki, Yuuri, and Kurumi in particular, maw wide open and ready to bite down, taking them for the most vulnerable!

@York @Otto @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Josh @Krieg @Away from the Hand

The monsters died easily enough with the power of the group's combined might, as it seemed speed was an advantage they held over the demons. However, what they lacked in speed or durability, they made up for in numbers, as despite the group's efforts to ward them off, more and more kept rising from the ground to take the deceased's place; it was almost as though killing one gave birth to two more, quickly greatly outnumbering the group as they kept approaching!

b_ZBE24j0_TKGDWGuxvpc_Geg.png

In the distance, the black sun in the sky that the giant hand reached out toward suddenly began to turn a darker shade of red, when before it resembled more magenta, and the air slowly began to rumble. One might have assumed this would have been a bad sign, given the ominous and unknown origin of it, but Slan grimaced as soon as the rumbling began, before looking up at the black sun and clicking her tongue in irritation, as though it were something that she did not count on.

"Oh, don't tell me... Him again?"

"It matters not. Their fates have already been sealed, for they have been chosen. It is the will of causality. If he wishes to free them... then so be it. The only thing waiting for them beyond here is misery and suffering. They will beg for death soon enough, as humans ought do..."

Whoever this figure the two were referring to was a mystery, but whoever "he" was, it seemed that there was at least one person out there trying to help the group, but the question was, would he make it in time?

@Alex Azure @Kaykay @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Takumi @Sen @Khan of the Mardu @Minerva @dark @Tutski19 @Toward the Hand

Morte knew a losing battle when he was in one. "Oh you gotta be kiddin' me!" He'd give the two gods looming over him the stink eye before biting down on the ankle of a nearby demon to rip off its tendons to slow it down even more.

Noticing a small child rush behind him (Libra assumed the poor thing was in the need of safety and couldn't really fight on his own), Libra nodded. "I have fought far worse with far lesser odds of success many times over, my child. I will keep you and others safe-and can heal anyone that gets hurt."

@Alex Azure

Libra found Fall-From-Grace coming up by from his side. "I haven't fought in many wars, but I as well can offer my support." Even in the heat of battle she flashed Libra a friendly smile. "I hope I can be of service."

Zoe wigged out, rapidly blinking her eyes before muttering "You think I'm...funny?" she paused, before pumping her fist into the portal with a cheer, "A god from another world likes me! Aaaaah!~ Does that mean we're god friends now? Benevolent buddies? Ooh! Or pantheon pals? We're pantheon pals now!" Zoe excitedly proclaimed, speaking incredibly fast and ending up out of breath shortly thereafter, only to pick back up again, "We should have a girl's night out to celebrate - just us! We could do each other's hair, watch the end of finite realities, eat chocolate mooncake- ooh, I love chocolate moon- wait what was that bit about sacrifices?"

With her head still poking through the portal, Zoe tilted her head up to see the rest of herself, and everyone else, being surrounded by wicked creatures - and one of them was taking a swing at her lower half! With a shocked yelp, Zoe dropped the rest of herself into the portal, narrowly dodging the monster's swing. As the creature neared to investigate, Zoe popped back out still upside down and blew a raspberry in its face. As it took another swing at her, Zoe just fell back into the portal, and rolled around on the ceiling laughing, bending gravity to suit her childish tricks.

"Ooooooh I was waiting for another chance to put my magic pants on! You messed with the wrong Paddle Star champion, triclops-yeti-squatch-thing!"
she exclaimed, summoning two table tennis paddles and holding one, "Team Zoe is down nothing to a bazillion - it'd take a miracle and a half for them to make a comeback," she said in a deep voice, narrating her own actions like a sports announcer, "so it's a good thing miracles are what Zoe deals in!"
She served a bright ball of light over her portal to the other paddle, and as the paddle shot it back, Zoe leapt up and brought her paddle down to spike the ball through her portal, causing the confused beast to reel in pain after the ball hit its mark. As she pumped her paddle into the air to cheer herself on, someone caught her eye on the ground below her.

Laughing in nigh disbelief, Zoe raised her free hand high above her head to wave down at the fellow aspect.
"Sorakaaaaa! Hi, it's me, Zoe! Up here, on the ceiling!" she strained her voice to its limits to shout, "You look different! Awesome, but different! Did you change your-...everything? I love it!"

@Tutski19

As if forced to, Zoe dropped everything and turned to view the supernatural eclipse as it unfolded with her jaw dropped in awe. After her little trance was over, however, Zoe scrambled to hop back through her portal, and unintentionally kicked the monster she had struck senseless upside the head, knocking it down to the floor. Landing with her feet on the floor again, Zoe pointed the eclipsing sun with a great big smile. "Okay, the universe is giving me great vibes from that big red sun in the sky, plus my ex-pantheon pals don't sound all too happy about...whatever's happening to it, so basically what I'm saying is..." Zoe paused and danced on her feet, giddy with anticipation, before bursting and shouting "It's time to rumble!" Zoe cheered and kicked a sleepy trouble bubble into the two beasts that had risen in the wake of the one she had defeated, winding back their internal clocks in a burst of twilight magic to forcibly put them both to sleep.

@Alex Azure @Kaykay @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Takumi @Sen @Khan of the Mardu @Minerva @dark @Toward the Hand

Soraka's eyes bulged out of its sockets when she saw Zoe, innocently fighting the hideous monsters in this forsaken land. Soraka shouldn't be that surprised, because she knew that Zoe travelled worlds for fun. You can easily judge Zoe as a naive, innocent child by the way she behaves. But Soraka knows that Zoe is one of the most powerful beings in her universe. So she just settled on waving her staff at Zoe.

While she was healing her companions and fighting the monsters with her staff-fu, she noticed that the monsters wouldn't back down... instead, they multiplied. She called upon the stars and willed their power upon her staff. Slowly but surely, large amounts of wispy, blue mana gathered around her form. She can feel the star's guidance within her core. She augmented her staff with the mana she gathered. With one swing of her staff, she casted a spell, "Equinox!"

vbxgKgw_d.jpg

A large blue zone immediately appeared on the fleshy floor. For a few seconds, the monsters were silenced. They were confused of this bright light under them. Then hundreds of tiny, hairlike mana constructs grabbed onto a large number of monsters, rooting them in place.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi @Ver @Toward the hand​

Last edited:
This boy had an organization? Libra found Kokichi's comments odd. Either he was telling the truth, or he was just making stories up, as kids his age liked to do. Either way, Libra would shake his head. "A kind offer, but I already happen to belong to another organization." He took a moment to cut down another beast before adding, "I would still be able to offer protection even without that, however."

As Fall-From-Grace joined them, Libra returned the smile. "Of that I have no doubt. The more in our number who can aid in a fight, the better our outcome."

@Alex Azure @Jeremi

Story Update
"Justice"

jbZX-s3iTDyI9s7bxU8GjQ.png

As the group who ventured toward the giant hand continued to fight off the ever-growing horde of demons for the sake of their own survival, Void raised his other arm before the glowing symbol in front of his face, the mark growing even brighter than before.

"So the mark has been made, and so it is destined to be fulfilled. Order shall be imposed."

With that, using his mysterious power, the mark began to spread, finally appearing on the hands of everyone else, between those who stood where they were and those who went in the opposite direction of the giant hand, a searing pain being felt in their hand as the mark began to appear, cutting into their flesh.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the area, the slug-like monster reeled back in pain, fortunately before it could take a bite out of any of the three girls, shrieking in a high-pitched, unearthly screech from the attacks of Lutaciel, Ben, and Siegward, crawling away with its many small legs like a caterpillar or a grotesquely fat spider. Black blood spurted from its wound as it writhed in pain; its bark was evidently greater than its bite. Still, as it continued to reel about, the monster kept on, refusing to die as it turned to look at the group again.

As Void's power caused the brand to appear on everyone's hands, perhaps distracting those with a fit of pain (at least, those who were able to even feel pain at all), the monster recovered from its wounds temporarily, hissing angrily as it lurched forward once again to go for the kill! And then...

"Flame of Michael, impose thy will on this material world and judge the wicked."

FWOOSH!

"SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Suddenly, practically out of nowhere, the creature was engulfed in blue flames, shrieking incessantly as it fell down with a thud, before its entire body eventually melted into a gooey, disgusting liquid from the heat.

From behind where the monster once stood, an unfamiliar blonde man with a cigarette glared with a great determination in his eyes. The manner in which he presented himself, from his expression to his stance, was almost able to communicate that he was not here by accident like everyone else.

rare02.png

"I guess at times like these, I'm supposed to say... Come with me if you wanna live," he said, a British accent evident in his voice.

Walking past the remains of the demon and the group, toward the giant hand in the distance, pockets in hand as he took a deceivingly casual posture, he stopped briefly after passing the group, looking back at them for a moment.

"I bet you lot have loads of questions, but they'll have to wait. The party's just gettin' started over there," he said, gesturing toward the giant hand in the distance where the rest of the unwilling sacrifices were, "Or rather... A new friend of mine's bringing the party there."

"W-What? What's going on? What's this mark on my hand? And what are you--?"

CRASH!

. . .

"Well, that's our cue to move. Unless you feel so inclined to stay here, then by all means," the man said, waving his arm out, and then moving on, expecting the others behind him to follow.

And just like that, the black sun that loomed over the giant hand shattered like glass, a ray of light permeating through the dismal atmosphere like a hot knife. And from that destroyed sun came...

1178319-skull.jpg

A massive skeleton, clad in knight's armor, complete with a sword and shield, atop a horse running through the air as though it were running down an invisible path, riding right toward the group nearby the hand, reaching them in almost no time at all and riding around them in a circle, slashing down more demons alongside them, quickly making his presence known as a mysterious ally.

Eventually stopping in front of the group, facing Slan and Void, a booming voice emanated from his presence.

"To resist and defy fate... is the only thing that a human could hope to do to make a mark on the world around them. It is the hope of rising above what has been determined for them that makes them more than just cattle for the Eclipse," the mysterious knight said, raising his arm and pointing his sword at the self-proclaimed gods.

"What he said... I guess," the blonde man from before said, the group from the other side led on his heel. Digging his hand into his pocket, he quickly produced a small piece of paper with a peculiar marking on it, like some sort of occult glyph, before thrusting his arm forward, the glyph suddenly glowing a blinding burst of blue. An angered roar was heard from Slan, contrasting her previous sultry and relaxed demeanor, as she attempted to reach for the group below, before the blinding glow removed everything from sight, replacing it all with white, and then...

And then...

zFBYQM72Shi0I5N2bJPtSQ.png

As the light subsided, everyone suddenly found themselves within a dark forest. It was still an unfamiliar area, but at least it seemed like by whatever means, they had all managed to be transported out of the horrific hellhole and back into an area where they were at least safe from monsters and demons, at least for now.

Miki sighed deeply in relief, glad to be out, but her anxiety didn't completely subside, between the mysterious, aching mark on her hand (that was now found on everyone else's in the entire group as well) and the continued unfamiliarity of the situation. Braving to walk toward the skeleton on the horse, trying her best to keep her legs from quaking, she attempted to speak.

"U-Um... Excuse me, who are you?"

"..."

He didn't answer.

"Yeah. He gets like that when you ask him stuff like that. I should know, seeing as I only met this bloke about an hour or two ago myself, so I've just been calling him Skull Knight in my head. Or Skully; that rolls off the tongue better," the blonde man spoke, pocketing both of his hands, "Name's John Constantine. I'm sure this situation's a whole lotta crazy for you, some more than others, but if you just--"

"Mii-kun!"

Arising from behind the Skull Knight, a certain girl who evidently rode alongside the knight slid off the skeletal horse and leapt forward, bringing Miki into a tight hug.

Yuki_10_copy.png

"Mii-kuuuuuuuun!~"

Well. She contrasted nicely against the dark atmosphere, at least.

"E-Ehh--?!"

Miki_11_copy.png

"N-Nn... Yuki-senpai?! Where have you been? What were you doing with that... p-person?" She asked, hesitant to call the Skull Knight a person per se, considering how inhuman and imposing he looked, even if he acted as a supposed ally to them.

"Megu-nee and I were lost in a dark and scary place when he showed up on his horsie to help us out! Isn't his costume so cool?! I wish I could have made something like that for last Halloween! And isn't his horsie just the cutest?~"

The Skull Knight and his horse gazed upon Miki, their glowing red eyes practically piercing into her soul as Miki shuddered audibly.

"Y-Yeah... Totally."

Letting go of Miki, the so-called Yuki-senpai that Miki had been looking for before moving on to Kurumi and Yuuri, running to hug them as well, happy to be reunited.

"Evidently, she was on her way to the Eclipse like you all ended up in, but amazingly enough, your Yuki there... is special. Her soul seems completely devoid of malice or malevolence. I'd say it's a miracle, but it's... uh, actually a little creepy, it's like she's empty or something," the man named Constantine cleared his throat.

"H-Huh? Malice? What is that supposed to...?" Miki began to question, though in a way, she knew what the man was talking about. She reformed her sentence, shaking her head as she spoke again, "How is that significant? S-So what if Yuki-senpai is like that?"

"It's... a long story, love," Constantine replied, sighing as he briefly rubbed his temple, "I'll explain everything soon. Just give a bloke a second. I could have sworn I had notecards for this..." He mumbled, digging through his pockets, all the while the Skull Knight continued to simply sit there silently, like a statue, almost just like Void from before.

In the meantime, you were all free to gather your bearings here and converse amongst each other, if not try your hand at asking some questions to get a better handle on the situation. Traveling anywhere right now, especially by oneself, would be highly ill-advised.​

Last edited:
None of this made any sense to Sumia whatsoever. The strange, painful mark on her hand, the sudden appearance of some man who seemed to know what was going on, the sudden change in scenery...it was all a bit much for her at this time. At least Yuki was all right...and the others, too! "Oh, thank the Gods! Libra, you're okay!" She rushed to him, relieved. "I was getting worried!"

"Yes, I am fine," he replied, frowning as he noted the mark on Sumia's hand. So, it had reached everyone, after all... But this was not the time to worry about that. Libra would turn to those who had fought the monsters alongside him. "Is anybody injured? I can heal you, if that be the case."

Meanwhile Sumia would turn to the girls, looking them over with concern. "You guys okay? That slug didn't hurt you, did it?"

@Anyone​

tumblr_inline_n3xnmrGFEo1rk0sf0.jpg

Arikado stood to himself, trying to comprehend what had just happened. The demon had appeared to... cast a spell? He looked at the others, the ones who had not been with him by the black sun with the two ominous figures, and he could see the faint traces of the same symbol that had been carved into their hands. He frowned at the fact that he did not know where it was from, what it represented, or what it meant. It bothered him as he studied plenty of dark magic in his spare time, Arikado would have hoped he had come across it before.

He looked at the skeletal warrior that had emerged from the sky where the black sun had been. It was clearly inhuman, but it didn't seem to be hostile to the people that had gathered here. While familiars would make sense, Arikado had to mentally scratch his head at this one. What was its purpose and why was it helping them?

The man walked up to their so-called ally. "You. What are you, and why is it you have helped us?"

@Ver @Anyone​

Story Update

As the group who ventured toward the giant hand continued to fight off the ever-growing horde of demons for the sake of their own survival, Void raised his other arm before the glowing symbol in front of his face, the mark growing even brighter than before.

"So the mark has been made, and so it is destined to be fulfilled. Order shall be imposed."

With that, using his mysterious power, the mark began to spread, finally appearing on the hands of everyone else, between those who stood where they were and those who went in the opposite direction of the giant hand, a searing pain being felt in their hand as the mark began to appear, cutting into their flesh.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the area, the slug-like monster reeled back in pain, fortunately before it could take a bite out of any of the three girls, shrieking in a high-pitched, unearthly screech from the attacks of Lutaciel, Ben, and Siegward, crawling away with its many small legs like a caterpillar or a grotesquely fat spider. Black blood spurted from its wound as it writhed in pain; its bark was evidently greater than its bite. Still, as it continued to reel about, the monster kept on, refusing to die as it turned to look at the group again.

As Void's power caused the brand to appear on everyone's hands, perhaps distracting those with a fit of pain (at least, those who were able to even feel pain at all), the monster recovered from its wounds temporarily, hissing angrily as it lurched forward once again to go for the kill! And then...

"Flame of Michael, impose thy will on this material world and judge the wicked."

FWOOSH!

Suddenly, practically out of nowhere, the creature was engulfed in blue flames, shrieking incessantly as it fell down with a thud, before its entire body eventually melted into a gooey, disgusting liquid from the heat.

From behind where the monster once stood, an unfamiliar blonde man with a cigarette glared with a great determination in his eyes. The manner in which he presented himself, from his expression to his stance, was almost able to communicate that he was not here by accident like everyone else.

rare02.png

"I guess at times like these, I'm supposed to say... Come with me if you wanna live," he said, a British accent evident in his voice.

Walking past the remains of the demon and the group, toward the giant hand in the distance, pockets in hand as he took a deceivingly casual posture, he stopped briefly after passing the group, looking back at them for a moment.

"I bet you lot have loads of questions, but they'll have to wait. The party's just gettin' started over there," he said, gesturing toward the giant hand in the distance where the rest of the unwilling sacrifices were, "Or rather... A new friend of mine's bringing the party there."

CRASH!

. . .

"Well, that's our cue to move. Unless you feel so inclined to stay here, then by all means," the man said, waving his arm out, and then moving on, expecting the others behind him to follow.

And just like that, the black sun that loomed over the giant hand shattered like glass, a ray of light permeating through the dismal atmosphere like a hot knife. And from that destroyed sun came...

1178319-skull.jpg

A massive skeleton, clad in knight's armor, complete with a sword and shield, atop a horse running through the air as though it were running down an invisible path, riding right toward the group nearby the hand, reaching them in almost no time at all and riding around them in a circle, slashing down more demons alongside them, quickly making his presence known as a mysterious ally.

Eventually stopping in front of the group, facing Slan and Void, a booming voice emanated from his presence.

"To resist and defy fate... is the only thing that a human could hope to do to make a mark on the world around them. It is the hope of rising above what has been determined for them that makes them more than just cattle for the Eclipse," the mysterious knight said, raising his arm and pointing his sword at the self-proclaimed gods.

"What he said... I guess," the blonde man from before said, the group from the other side led on his heel. Digging his hand into his pocket, he quickly produced a small piece of paper with a peculiar marking on it, like some sort of occult glyph, before thrusting his arm forward, the glyph suddenly glowing a blinding burst of blue. An angered roar was heard from Slan, contrasting her previous sultry and relaxed demeanor, as she attempted to reach for the group below, before the blinding glow removed everything from sight, replacing it all with white, and then...

And then...

As the light subsided, everyone suddenly found themselves within a dark forest. It was still an unfamiliar area, but at least it seemed like by whatever means, they had all managed to be transported out of the horrific hellhole and back into an area where they were at least safe from monsters and demons, at least for now.

Miki sighed deeply in relief, glad to be out, but her anxiety didn't completely subside, between the mysterious, aching mark on her hand (that was now found on everyone else's in the entire group as well) and the continued unfamiliarity of the situation. Braving to walk toward the skeleton on the horse, trying her best to keep her legs from quaking, she attempted to speak.

"..."

He didn't answer.

"Yeah. He gets like that when you ask him stuff like that. I should know, seeing as I only met this bloke about an hour or two ago myself, so I've just been calling him Skull Knight in my head. Or Skully; that rolls off the tongue better," the blonde man spoke, pocketing both of his hands, "Name's John Constantine. I'm sure this situation's a whole lotta crazy for you, some more than others, but if you just--"

"Mii-kun!"

Arising from behind the Skull Knight, a certain girl who evidently rode alongside the knight slid off the skeletal horse and leapt forward, bringing Miki into a tight hug.

Yuki_10_copy.png

"Mii-kuuuuuuuun!~"

"E-Ehh--?!"

Miki_11_copy.png

"N-Nn... Yuki-senpai?! Where have you been? What were you doing with that... p-person?" She asked, hesitant to call the Skull Knight a person per se, considering how inhuman and imposing he looked, even if he acted as a supposed ally to them.

"Megu-nee and I were lost in a dark and scary place when he showed up on his horsie to help us out! Isn't his costume so cool?! I wish I could have made something like that for last Halloween! And isn't his horsie just the cutest?~"

The Skull Knight and his horse gazed upon Miki, their glowing red eyes practically piercing into her soul as Miki shuddered audibly.

"Y-Yeah... Totally."

Letting go of Miki, the so-called Yuki-senpai that Miki had been looking for before moving on to Kurumi and Yuuri, running to hug them as well, happy to be reunited.

"Evidently, she was on her way to the Eclipse like you all ended up in, but amazingly enough, your Yuki there... is special. Her soul seems completely devoid of malice or malevolence. I'd say it's a miracle, but it's... uh, actually a little creepy, it's like she's empty or something," the man named Constantine cleared his throat.

"H-Huh? Malice? What is that supposed to...?" Miki began to question, though in a way, she knew what the man was talking about. She reformed her sentence, shaking her head as she spoke again, "How is that significant? S-So what if Yuki-senpai is like that?"

"It's... a long story, love," Constantine replied, sighing as he briefly rubbed his temple, "I'll explain everything soon. Just give a bloke a second. I could have sworn I had notecards for this..." He mumbled, digging through his pockets, all the while the Skull Knight continued to simply sit there silently, like a statue, almost just like Void from before.

In the meantime, you were all free to gather your bearings here and converse amongst each other, if not try your hand at asking some questions to get a better handle on the situation. Traveling anywhere right now, especially by oneself, would be highly ill-advised.​

tumblr_mervojSWg41rj68a6o1_400.gif

Jak sighed a breath of relief as he suddenly was transported to the eerie forest with the same mark on his hands.

"Ugh, that was too close for comfort."

Jak turned toward the group's new ally and blinked, watching one of the group named Arikado speak to the skeleton man.

"Why did you help us?

@Ser, Ver @Anyone who wants to interact with Jak.

Story Update

FWOOSH!

rare02.png

CRASH!

. . .

1178319-skull.jpg

And then...

"..."

He didn't answer.

"Mii-kun!"

Yuki_10_copy.png

"Mii-kuuuuuuuun!~"

"E-Ehh--?!"

Miki_11_copy.png

"Y-Yeah... Totally."

None of this made any sense to Sumia whatsoever. The strange, painful mark on her hand, the sudden appearance of some man who seemed to know what was going on, the sudden change in scenery...it was all a bit much for her at this time. At least Yuki was all right...and the others, too! "Oh, thank the Gods! Libra, you're okay!" She rushed to him, relieved. "I was getting worried!"

"Yes, I am fine," he replied, frowning as he noted the mark on Sumia's hand. So, it had reached everyone, after all... But this was not the time to worry about that. Libra would turn to those who had fought the monsters alongside him. "Is anybody injured? I can heal you, if that be the case."

Meanwhile Sumia would turn to the girls, looking them over with concern. "You guys okay? That slug didn't hurt you, did it?"

@Anyone​

Lindel sighed, the change in scenery was welcomed more or less. Hearing Libra offer to heal others who may have been injured, he decided to speak up as well and offer to help.

"I can heal anyone that needs it as well, as long as it's not too serious a wound. Either way, multiple healers can make quick work when needed." he spoke up as he sheathed his sword. What kind of mage would he be if he made Libra do most of the healing himself? Luckily, no one seemed to be hurt in anyway so far.

@Yun Lee @anyone

Story Update

FWOOSH!

rare02.png

CRASH!

. . .

1178319-skull.jpg

And then...

"..."

He didn't answer.

"Mii-kun!"

Yuki_10_copy.png

"Mii-kuuuuuuuun!~"

"E-Ehh--?!"

Miki_11_copy.png

"Y-Yeah... Totally."

In the meantime, you were all free to gather your bearings here and converse among each other, if not try your hand at asking some questions to get a better handle on the situation. Traveling anywhere right now, especially by oneself, would be highly ill-advised.​

View attachment 2076

The knight did not do much to react to the events that followed. It's tireless dedication to slaying at the monsters as they emerged was enough to keep it busy. It didn't even register the mocking tones of Slan or Void, the profaned "Gods" who kept speaking of "sacrifice" and "causality". It didn't matter. The driving "directive" that piloted the knight's movements as that of slaying the monsters so that they do not kill itself.

. . .why was it protecting itself, though?

Just then, before the flash of white would whisk away the group, the small knight would tilt it's head upwards at a booming voice that surfaced above the dying throes of the jawed demons. The knight would see with it's "eyes", seeing the outline of a massive figure that imposed some kind of power on the group. The spark of thought within the hollow knight did not process it's words fast enough, however. With one final thrust of the nail into another monster, everything became. . .white, and pale.

The world around the Knight became that of a cold, fading place - a forest. It looked no different than the places the Knight had thought it had been to. Yet, that pale light did not subside for the warrior. The waning, pale light that shone in it's hollow eyes as it looked upon the massive figure that had emerged from the broken sun. It was massive and shining, towering over the diminutive knight as it sat upon it's steed. The spikes protuding from it's "head" looked like it had a crown.

A crown of spikes, sitting upon a pale knight.

A pale. . .

The Hollow Knight did not hesitate. As it stared at the Skull Knight, it would waddle forward. It bumped into Arikado as it walked, walking ahead like a robot. As it stood now before the enigmatic figure, the small figure looked directly upwards to meet the other's "eyes".

View attachment 2077

". . ."

The small one planted it's own sword in the ground.

And it took a knee.

It lowered it's head, and bowed.

For it was heralding the Pale King.

@Ver @Sen @anyone

Story Update

FWOOSH!

rare02.png

CRASH!

. . .

1178319-skull.jpg

And then...

"..."

He didn't answer.

"Mii-kun!"

Yuki_10_copy.png

"Mii-kuuuuuuuun!~"

"E-Ehh--?!"

Miki_11_copy.png

"Y-Yeah... Totally."

They had received a sudden reprieve from the fighting due to the arrival of the Skull Knight. "We are very thankful for your assistance," Grace bowed towards the man on his skeleton horse. "I believe with out your timely arrival that we would not be standing here right now."

Morte did not seem very eager with all of this really. "What's the big idea really? Talkin' about malice and all of that claptrap. Hello! We were dragged here against our wills! In my neck of the woods that's kidnappin'!"

@Ver @Anybody

Last edited:
Story Update

FWOOSH!

rare02.png

CRASH!

. . .

1178319-skull.jpg

And then...

"..."

He didn't answer.

"Mii-kun!"

Yuki_10_copy.png

"Mii-kuuuuuuuun!~"

"E-Ehh--?!"

Miki_11_copy.png

"Y-Yeah... Totally."

In place of Ultimate Echo Echo was the human Ben Tennyson once more.

"Hey there, thanks for the assist, the name's Ben, Ben Tennyson," Ben greets the British man with a handshake. "Yeah, let's get outta here, fast, pronto, right now. By the way, based on that outfit, I can tell that you don't belong here. Why are you here, anyways?"

And so they went on their way...

During this, Ben had a brief episode where he had attempted to pry the mark off him - by quite literally removing his whole arm! Fret not, for he had assumed a form capable of regeneration that so happened to resemble children's building blocks that were close in shape to a gorilla.

ho1lt5j.jpg

"No matter how many times I rip my arm out, my new one still has that funny mark thingy. This is one stubborn stain that's really not coming off. What is this thing, anyways?"

His trail had a lot of what one might find akin to legos or Megablocks, scattered about that just suddenly started and suddenly stopped.

The latter due to how he eventually changed back at some point upon giving up.

ogFPbsc.jpg

"..."

Ben looks at the girl who descended from the skeleton man's grand steed in some sort of awe. It didn't seem to be just awe, as evidenced by how he ditched all the pain and rage he had recently felt.

It was something else, possibly in his stomach, in a metaphorical sense. He didn't question the skeleton man or his fancy steed, and instead focused on the lady that came with him.

sOQeTQn.jpg

"H- hi there..." he greets the girl with the winged backpack and the cap, the one referred to as Yuki, nervousness evident in his voice, after she had greeted her friends. "I... My name's Ben, Ben Tennyson..."

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Krieg @Josh @Minerva @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @etcetcetc​

Last edited:
aXy3izY.png

A giant slug with an ugly man's face.

Wow.

Kurumi had seen a lot. She had bashed her senpai's head in, seen her sensei bitten and survivors die on a regularly basis. If anything, the brute force of the School Living Club wondered if she had seen too much. Sometimes, she really envied how Yuki could live in her little dreams and fantasies of hope. It seemed so easy. Too easy.

The people around her began to attack, using their weapons or transformations or powers beyond Kurumi's mental capacity. Tightening her face, the girl stood in front of her fellow classmates, armed only with the humblest of shovels. Shovel-kun, as Yuki called it, did a fine job however. Using her fear as power, the Ebisuzawa braced herself before...

It died?

Blue flames licked and lapped at this abomination, one of those brooding men arriving with a peculiar dissonance and carelessness to him. Attractable to some girls, but for Kurumi, she found those types to be annoying. How are you going to barge in, kill some demon thing, and not at least give proper introductions? Biting her tongue, still shook to her bone at the display of events, Kurumi finally snapped into her senses after receiving a big hug to Yu-...

Yuki.

She drove the shovel into his skull three times. After the third, she remembered that pink-haired kiddo crying and hugging her, stopping her next strike. She didn't remember what he looked like anymore -- only the sunset and Yuki by her side.

"Silly...Why are you crying?"

3GtQ27K.png

"I'm so happy to see all of you again..."

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Crow @Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @everybody else

As the group appeared in some.... forest, evidently rescued by some skull man, both Sebastian did what any good butler would do and checked on his master.

latest

"I must say, young master, I'm impressed. I wasn't quite certain that you could handle that vile slug fellow back there. I was pondering on whether or not I would have to come in and rescue you." Sebastian quipped, earning an eye role and a groan from Ciel as he arose to his feet.

Ciel.Phantomhive.full.230176.jpg

"Oh be quiet. You and I are both aware that I am perfectly capable of holding my own in what was nothing more than a simple spar." Ciel said sternly as he gripped his cane and arose to his feet. Looking to their apparent rescuer, Ciel approached him and glared up at him, not even slightly intimidated by the skelton's height or appearance.

latest

"Perhaps you have tricked these other fools into blindly following you like a bunch of dogs, but I'm not so easily manipulated. You may have saved us from whatever vile creatures just attacked us, but I would like to know why.

Who are these people and why did they kidnap us? And who are you, for that matter? I demand an answer."

@Ver @Crow @Atomic Knight @Krieg @Sen

Meanwhile, Sebastian approached Sonia a simple nod and a polite smile. "I should be asking you the same thing. Judging by our circumstances of meeting, I'd hope that you've been fairing well since my abrupt departure earlier."

@Yun Lee

As Sebastian approached, Sumia turned to him.

View attachment 2079

"Hm? Oh, yes, I'm fine. That nasty old slug was no match for us! Though..." She looked down at her hand, and at Sebastian's, worry written all over her face. "All of us seem to have this strange mark burned onto us...like a brand or something! And now we're in this spooky forest...none of this makes any sense!"

@thatguyinthestore

As Sebastian approached, Sumia turned to him.

View attachment 2079

"Hm? Oh, yes, I'm fine. That nasty old slug was no match for us! Though..." She looked down at her hand, and at Sebastian's, worry written all over her face. "All of us seem to have this strange mark burned onto us...like a brand or something! And now we're in this spooky forest...none of this makes any sense!"

@thatguyinthestore
"Yes.... the predicament we have found ourselves is quite strange, isn't it?" Sebastian asked, his calm and relaxed tone much different from Somia's worried one.

demon_s_toy____sebastian_michaelis_x_reader_by_oppafaustusstyle-d6sofjg.png

"Though you have no need to worry, Miss Sumia. I'm sure that everything will turn out right as rain!"

@Yun Lee

Sumia didn't seem so sure about that. "I certainly hope so...I'm just happy the kids are all okay."

@thatguyinthestore​

Sumia didn't seem so sure about that. "I certainly hope so...I'm just happy the kids are all okay."

@thatguyinthestore​
"Yes.... that is quite the pleasantly, isn't it? Though you need not worry about that one over there." Sebastian said as he pointed to Ciel, who was still conversing with the skeleton who saved them all. "It is my duty as his butler to protect him at all costs, until the very end."

@Yun Lee

Libra would frown at Sebastian's comment.

Sumia, on the other hand, smiled. "Boy, he's lucky to have a butler like you, huh? Though...is he always so...sharptongued?"

@Raptor Jesus

Miki_1100_copy.png

"E-Eh? No, we're okay, thank you," Miki responded to Sumia gratefully with a nod. As Kurumi acknowledged Yuki's appearance, she also let Ben introduce himself to Yuki, wondering why he suddenly seemed so nervous around her all of a sudden, especially when he did just fine around the monsters, but maybe she was just imagining things. Right now, she just wanted to take this moment to gather her bearings and calm down, so she thought about just that, getting down briefly to pick up the trusty dog Taromarou, even if the dog didn't exactly like being around her.

Meanwhile, as the others approached the Skull Knight, he silently stared at those who addressed him, between Grace's thanks and the others who posed questions, initially not seeming to even answer or even acknowledging them, before he spoke, a booming voice emanating from his presence despite no evidence of his mouth moving.

image.png

"I have gone by many names throughout the course of my existence. I have been known to some as the protector of life, and to others as the harbinger of death," he initially responded, looking down toward the group, before answering the following query, as Ciel, Jak, and Arikado asked the same general questions, "I am a sympathizer of those who struggle to defy the fate written for them, in order to carve a new path for themselves, and an enemy of the God Hand who forced their plan upon you. That is why I acted; even if causality is absolute, man is owed a chance to fight against it."

To a degree, some could have found his response cryptic and unsatisfactory, but as he stopped there, it seemed that he did not feel inclined to elaborate any further. He simply went again... or at least, he would have, had the Hollow Knight not suddenly taken a knee and bowed to him. To one even as enigmatic as the Skull Knight, one could even say he might have been perplexed, but if not, at the very least the action elicited a reaction out of him.

"On your feet, knight. Do not bow to me, or any other who carries the false pretense of king or God. You may be something other than human, but as long as you hold the ability to carve your own path, to cut open the future that you wish to bring about, one such as you... bows to no one. Even if you venture into the light, or brave the dark, that is what you must determine for yourself."

"As for who the others around you might be..." Constantine piped in, taking charge of the exchange now as he looked toward Ciel, "That's... complicated. Depending on how open your mind is. Just don't go throwing a right paddy, unless your butler over there is also equipped to change diapers," the blonde man spoke, before exclaiming briefly in triumph as he finally dug out what looked like note cards from the pocket in his shirt underneath his jacket.

"Aha! Here they are. Now... Gather 'round, everyone. Or at least shut your laughing gear for a hot sec. This is important."

rare09.png

"Alright, alright... Ah, right. This is a good place to start," he mumbled, before looking up at everyone, "Like it or not, believe it or not more like, everyone... How do I put this delicately? Hmm. You've all been whisked away from your native dimension into this world, deliberately chosen by those numpty sods called the God Hand to be sacrificed as tribute in order to appease the Idea of Evil. You were chosen because you are human, perhaps not literally, but in spirit and determination, and to be human in that regard is to bear the burden of original sin, the evil fundamental to your very existence. Did I get that right so far, skullface?"

The Skull Knight silently nodded mechanically.

"Right... Now then. Since you were all supposed to be, y'know, sacrificed and such, before we gracefully queered their pitch, they're coming after you. But fortunately for you, I have a way around it that'll hopefully appease them, because believe me, there is no way in cold Hell that you'll be able to stop them," Constantine continued, before pulling out what looked like a stone or a rune from his pocket. One had to wonder just how many items he had in his pockets.

On the rune-like object was a familiar symbol.

ANI-BRK-001__33769.1316502457.200.200.jpg

"Ring any bells? That's the same brand of sacrifice that you were all marked with. Had to dabble in way darker magic than even I was able to believe in order to get my hands on this bad boy. We find a force of evil as grand as all of you combined, and we throw the seal on him to brand him, and hopefully, the God Hand will accept the alternative tribute instead."

Miki_1023_copy.png

"... What?"

Miki didn't get it at all.

Constantine rolled his eyes and sighed, before trying to simplify his exposition. "The God Hand want to bloody eat you, and the only way to stop that is to serve them someone else just as tasty as all of you combined, else your life is forfeit. Get it now?" He asked, stopping for a second, before continuing once again.

"And I know, I know. Before you go on asking what's in it for me, and why I'm helping you all... Well..."

A wry smirk tugged at the edge of his lips.

"Maybe I'll tell you that later. For now, you can consider me a Good Samaritan."

"L-Look for someone else... to sacrifice? But... that's horrible!"

"That's how it is on this bitch of an Earth," Constantine grinned with a shrug, "I'll let you all sit on that, I know it's a lot to process. We can camp out here for now, I guess it's as good as any other place, and we'll head out tomorrow, capiche? We're on the clock now, no time to wag off."

@Raptor Jesus @Crow @Yun Lee @dark @Jeremi @Krieg @Josh @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Sen @Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back