Status
Not open for further replies.
"Here we go..." Dell sighed, taking a few steps back.

"Oh...thank you..." the woman got to her feet, and the three men would realize that there had been a little dugout where she had been laying. "Such nice young people, saving my life. I will repay you..."

"...by taking yours!!"

Yiga-footsoldier.jpg

The woman transformed out of her disguise, becoming some sort of masked ninja. Her first move was to rush at Silque, sickle at the ready to slash at the girl!

@Lucky @Siege @Takumk @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @South

---

Save for the flowers and little pink floating objects, there was nothing else of interest here. Kaito started back on the road with Yuuki, done with this girly place.

@Lucky @Takumi @Crow @Siege @Minerva @Otto @Hida Tomonatsu @East

---

As the group climbed the slope, they would notice some people in the distance. It seems the North and West groups were now able to meet up. Sweet!

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Atomic Knight @Donder172 @Crow @York @Jeremi @Raynar Saassin @North/West​

"Hey!"
Linkle waved to the other group. "So glad you could make it!"

Fred meanwhile gave the new group a look over. Most of them wore strange clothing too and looked like nothing he'd ever seen before, but at least they were in this boat together.

tumblr_inline_nsrwtov_XDC1t7b7xk_100.png

"Ah, am I so transparent?" Guy said to Kokkoro, letting out a soft chuckle, "Yes, I suppose you could say I was... remembering. Days like these fly by faster than you expect, fleeting like stars. Of course, it might not seem that way now, but... When you look back on the past, it can sometimes be amazing to realize how much you've been through. Of course, enough about that!" He exclaimed, deciding not to linger on too much on that topic.

"As for your cooking, I'm sure it's quite delicious, Kokkoro! I'd be more than happy to teach you some of what I know! Have you ever heard of sushi? With this octopus on us, I'm sure we'll be able to make more than enough for our little party here!"

Upon climbing the slope and meeting another band of people in the distance, Guy wasted no time in attempting to get their attention, walking over and waving his arm at them. "Yo! I don't suppose you merry lot wouldn't happen to be headed toward the nearby village, would you? It seems like we've stumbled about and are trying to gather our bearings back, and you guys look a little... out of place yourselves, just like us."

His words only put it mildly in his opinion, all things considered.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Raynar Saassin @Josh @Atomic Knight @Donder172 @York @Archmage Jeremiah @Krieg @North/West

"I think that's the plan."
Fred responded to Guy. "Figure we're on the same log in this? Got to say don't see stuff like this where I'm from."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Raynar Saassin @Josh @Atomic Knight @Donder172 @York @Archmage Jeremiah @Krieg @North/West

Celica became calm. She swung her sword again in attempt to hit the ninja and defeat her.

At the question of Mother Mila, Celica smiled. “Yes, I am Celica, priestess of Mila.” she said calmly and happily.

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Siege @Space_Candy

331288.jpg

Selesia drew her sword and slashed it in a swift motion. Of course she could fight, it had been an earlier lapse in judgment that she didn’t. This seemed to be a similar situation as to the one with Sota.

I am Selesia Upitiria, I fight the Avalon Brigade and defend my kingdom with Charon.
Despite knowing that Darius had questioned her skill, Jin was on edge and wary of potential attack, and this woman's display caused the hair just along the top of his neck's back to stand upright. A white knuckled hand tightened around his blade's grip for a moment before he relaxed, not drawing his blade's in a reactive strike and instead nodding to the woman as he replied, "Welcome to our group then, Selesia-san."

Why she felt the need to give out who she fought against and for, the ronin wasn't certain. Seemed a waste, and a risky proposition given they did not what enemies lurked about, listening in.

@Minerva @Takumi @Otto @Lucky @Kaykay @Yun Lee @East​

tumblr_inline_nsrwtov_XDC1t7b7xk_100.png

"Ah, am I so transparent?" Guy said to Kokkoro, letting out a soft chuckle, "Yes, I suppose you could say I was... remembering. Days like these fly by faster than you expect, fleeting like stars. Of course, it might not seem that way now, but... When you look back on the past, it can sometimes be amazing to realize how much you've been through. Of course, enough about that!" He exclaimed, deciding not to linger on too much on that topic.

"As for your cooking, I'm sure it's quite delicious, Kokkoro! I'd be more than happy to teach you some of what I know! Have you ever heard of sushi? With this octopus on us, I'm sure we'll be able to make more than enough for our little party here!"

Upon climbing the slope and meeting another band of people in the distance, Guy wasted no time in attempting to get their attention, walking over and waving his arm at them. "Yo! I don't suppose you merry lot wouldn't happen to be headed toward the nearby village, would you? It seems like we've stumbled about and are trying to gather our bearings back, and you guys look a little... out of place yourselves, just like us."

"Hey!" Linkle waved to the other group. "So glad you could make it!"

Fred meanwhile gave the new group a look over. Most of them wore strange clothing too and looked like nothing he'd ever seen before, but at least they were in this boat together.

"I think that's the plan."
Fred responded to Guy. "Figure we're on the same log in this? Got to say don't see stuff like this where I'm from."

"I wouldn't call it transparent, how you feel is plastered all over your face and words from the outside," Kokkoro smiles. "I've heard of sushi, but I've never actually made or tasted it. There's a recipe of it lying around the Guildhouse that I've previously read, but one of my Guildmates ate it on accident. It was in her sandwich and- oh dear, I shouldn't tell.

Thank you, I am sure that under our hands, the simplest of ingredients can become the greatest of meals!"

Kokkoro approaches Linkle in particular.

pzvcvtE.jpg

"I never expected to see another elf around," Kokkoro greets, "what might your name be?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Raynar Saassin @Josh @Atomic Knight @Donder172 @York @Archmage Jeremiah @Ver @Krieg @North/West

“Noooooo!!!” The ninja fell to the ground, defeated. “You...my Master will have his revenge on all of you! We all will!” She vanished right then and there, leaving behind her sickle, some strange jewels and a banana bunch.

Not noticing Thor, Dell walked to the weapon and picked it up by the handle. Careful not to touch the blade in any way, he examined it and nodded, as if confirming something to himself. "Thought so...talk about a close one."

@Minerva @Takumi @Space_Candy @Lucky @Siege @Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @South​

"I wouldn't call it transparent, how you feel is plastered all over your face and words from the outside," Kokkoro smiles. "I've heard of sushi, but I've never actually made or tasted it. There's a recipe of it lying around the Guildhouse that I've previously read, but one of my Guildmates ate it on accident. It was in her sandwich and- oh dear, I shouldn't tell.

Thank you, I am sure that under our hands, the simplest of ingredients can become the greatest of meals!"

Kokkoro approaches Linkle in particular.

pzvcvtE.jpg

"I never expected to see another elf around," Kokkoro greets, "what might your name be?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Raynar Saassin @Josh @Atomic Knight @Donder172 @York @Archmage Jeremiah @Ver @Krieg @North/West

"The name's Linkle!"
She responded with a friendly smile. "It's a pleasure to me you too!" She looked around with a confident look on her face. "With this many people around I don't think we'll have an problems moving forward! Unless bad stuff happens, but pretty sure that's not going to be a thing!"

Selesia drew her sword and slashed it in a swift motion. Of course she could fight, it had been an earlier lapse in judgment that she didn’t. This seemed to be a similar situation as to the one with Sota.

I am Selesia Upitiria, I fight the Avalon Brigade and defend my kingdom with Charon.

Darius widened his narrowed eyes ever so slightly at the sudden movement, remaining unflinching. Admiring her enthusiasm and loyalty to her nation, he replied, "An excellent example of the soldier's spirit. I have high expectations of you, so don't disappoint me."

Reimu was spacing out again, and preferred to look at nature more then anyone else, people, too her, were just too noisy. She didn’t hate anyone, she just was disinterested in them. She attempted to not talk to the new group up ahead, and just head off in another direction.

She obviously stopped once she actually thought about it, unusually for her, and turned back to the group. She raised an eyebrow at Linkle and Kokkoro.
“So, what’s an elf? Heard of demons with little horns on their heads, fairies, even mermaids. I’ve never heard of elves, however. Is it relating to those weird pointy ears of your two? Where are you from, Linkle?”
She looked around at all the others in the new group, and decided not to talk to them, although her gut feeling was telling them they were alright. Reimu had been told before by a friend of hers, that Reimu’s instincts had the uncanny ability to be correct, and that she was simply born luckily. Usually right, that is.
@Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @North/West​

"The name's Linkle!" She responded with a friendly smile. "It's a pleasure to me you too!" She looked around with a confident look on her face. "With this many people around I don't think we'll have an problems moving forward! Unless bad stuff happens, but pretty sure that's not going to be a thing!"
Reimu was spacing out again, and preferred to look at nature more then anyone else, people, too her, were just too noisy. She didn’t hate anyone, she just was disinterested in them. She attempted to not talk to the new group up ahead, and just head off in another direction.

She obviously stopped once she actually thought about it, unusually for her, and turned back to the group. She raised an eyebrow at Linkle and Kokkoro.
“So, what’s an elf? Heard of demons with little horns on their heads, fairies, even mermaids. I’ve never heard of elves, however. Is it relating to those weird pointy ears of your two? Where are you from, Linkle?”
She looked around at all the others in the new group, and decided not to talk to them, although her gut feeling was telling them they were alright. Reimu had been told before by a friend of hers, that Reimu’s instincts had the uncanny ability to be correct, and that she was simply born luckily. Usually right, that is.
@Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @North/West​

"Well, we had to deal with a pair of slimes and a few Octoroks, if that counts as something bad," Kokkoro adds, "fortunately, we dealt with them easily and can make them into dinner tonight."

Reimu seemed to have a few questions of her own.

aCUj6h7.jpg

"Elves are one of four main races of people found in Astrum. The other three - the Human race, the Beast race and the Fiend race, the latter two having a more varied range of physical traits," Kokkoro explains, "elves are indeed signified by such ears, alongside our closeness to nature and great skill in lighter magics."

@Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee

As the group climbed the slope, they would notice some people in the distance. It seems the North and West groups were now able to meet up. Sweet!
Both 47 and Grievous looked up at the approaching group, both giving them a silent look in their own way.

"I think that's the plan." Fred responded to Guy. "Figure we're on the same log in this? Got to say don't see stuff like this where I'm from."
47 nods in agreement to both Guy and Fred.

Reimu replied to Kokkoro looking mildly in her direction.
“Interesting. So like fairies, light magic and nature-related. Obviously, you’re bigger and smarter then those trouble makers...Wait. Four main races? So humans are humans, elves are like fairy witches with mature magic, so beasts are probably like chimera and tengu. What’s a fiend?”
She rolled her eyes slightly when she heard about the slimes and octorocks. They wearn’t really a challenge per say, only slightly dangerous, she would have chopped them down easily, but her team mates beat her to it.
“Yeah, if we find some wheat and other stuff, we might even make takoyaki....Oh yeah, So uh...I wonder if the other group had something more exciting then slime and octopuses?”
Reimu was interested not in the other group, but at that they found. Maybe they had stumbled across something much more crazier?
@Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Josh @Atomic Knight @York @Krieg @North/West

Reimu replied to Kokkoro looking mildly in her direction.
“Interesting. So like fairies, light magic and nature-related. Obviously, you’re bigger and smarter then those trouble makers...Wait. Four main races? So humans are humans, elves are like fairy witches with mature magic, so beasts are probably like chimera and tengu. What’s a fiend?”
She rolled her eyes slightly when she heard about the slimes and octorocks. They wearn’t really a challenge per say, only slightly dangerous, she would have chopped them down easily, but her team mates beat her to it.
“Yeah, if we find some wheat and other stuff, we might even make takoyaki....Oh yeah, So uh...I wonder if the other group had something more exciting then slime and octopuses?”
Reimu was interested not in the other group, but at that they found. Maybe they had stumbled across something much more crazier?
@Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Josh @Atomic Knight @York @Krieg @North/West

"Fairies are different from elves, and they are our tiny little friends," Kokkoro continues, "many elves are able to call forth their aid and power when needed to enhance their spells.

Many Fiends possess horns on their heads. Many also refer to themselves as demons, especially during the early days of Astrum, long before even my grandparents were born. While we elves delve in lighter magics, the Fiend race prefer darker arts. The Fiend-only five-member Guild, Diabolos, has a Guildmaster which calls herself The Legendary Vampire, and one of her subordinates is a ghost with an appetite for pudding. Those two I mentioned lack the horns that are found on most Fiends."

@MelodyMeister

@North/West​

Last edited:
“Noooooo!!!” The ninja fell to the ground, defeated. “You...my Master will have his revenge on all of you! We all will!” She vanished right then and there, leaving behind her sickle, some strange jewels and a banana bunch.

Not noticing Thor, Dell walked to the weapon and picked it up by the handle. Careful not to touch the blade in any way, he examined it and nodded, as if confirming something to himself. "Thought so...talk about a close one."

@Minerva @Takumi @Space_Candy @Lucky @Siege @Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @South​

"A close one? What are you talking about?" Shallot said.

@Yun Lee

The Noxian looked around with a puzzled look on his face, taking in the surroundings. He began to realize that this land shared a handful of similarities with Ionia, particularly from the fact that there was talking pool inside of a flower. If Swain's army had trouble in magical lands such as these, he worried that this mission might be more dangerous than he had thought.​

To him, there didn't appear to be much of a reason to stay for long, so he went back on the road. He glanced at Wakaba and Selesia, who had had abstained from the goblin fight earlier. Judging by their appearance, they did not seem to be seasoned warriors.

"You two do have combat experience, right?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I do, yes," Wakaba nodded, though she wasn't exactly sure why he needed to know. She certainly didn't look the part of a warrior she was aware, so perhaps Darius was just expressing concern in his own way. That was how she decided to interpret his question, anyway. "If you're concerned about whether I am able to take care of myself, I'm grateful but I assure you I can hold my own. I've fought more battles than I might appear to have."

Unlike Selesia however, she didn't seem intent on putting said experience on display.
Jin hummed for a moment beneath his straw hat at the younger girl's question. It was certainly a strange sight... But was anything normal on this path to freedom and escape? "Given our situation of being kidnapped and made to travel together by a mysterious beneficiary who is only a voice in our heads? Yes, weird, but par for our current course in life, Wakaba-san."

@Lucky @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Siege @Minerva @Otto @Kaykay @East

Wakaba sighed, but her expression gave way to a tired seeming smile.

"That's certainly true enough, though I do wish my current course in life were different. No offense to you all, Jin-san, I'm sure you're all fine people. But just...you know."

@Lucky @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Siege @Minerva @Otto @Hida Tomonatsu @East​

The Drifter didn't give any form of acknowledgement to Nia, tilting his head upwards and briefly rubbing something out of his eyes. This wasn't the village, so it was no place to stop; therefor, the Drifter grabbed the broadsword from the ground and slung it about his back, moving onward past Nia without a word.

After a few steps, however, the Drifter abruptly stopped in place. It looked like he was about to have another coughing fit, but he instead turned his head back around to look at Nia. He gave her a nod. Some form of acknowledgement was better than none, but even the stranger's blackened eyes echoed an understanding of Nia's words. It was an effort to communicate, but it'd take much more out of the girl to get the weary traveler to open up. After that brief connection between them was shared, the Drifter looked forward and continued on his trek.

Of course, he had to stop again, once he saw the sunlight illuminating a particular diminutive warrior in bright-blue armor.

0769fce226446cc1ca2b187da4b7ec3e.png

"There you are!" Shovel Knight exclaimed, rushing past his own group to meet the Drifter at the other end. The Drifter didn't react, letting the small knight approach him and look over him. "I was worried you'd. . .well, at least we've both ended up in the same predicament now, huh? No grievances to be had. We're allies now!" Shovel Knight remarked.

f0647852b4077352da1d46a0e7dfa77e.png

The Drifter looked down at him mumbled a faint tone of acknowledgement. Though, really, it was a cathartic thought.

There really wasn't any reason for these two to be allies at all. Shovel Knight still had brief visions of the Drifter's hard-light sword sailing towards him with murderous intent, and as far the Drifter knew, the knight was going to sell that precious module to some goober for a few paltry gold coins - a module that is essential to ending his plight. But, evidently, the Drifter felt unknowingly calm in the knight's presence, knowing he'll be more than capable to speak for him. He seems much more lively than most people the Drifter has come across, good or bad.

93d62bac95f75efa51286ee675fe2dc7.png

"You still have that cough, don't you?" Shovel Knight asked, to which the Drifter nodded. "Hm. . .we'll see if there's anything at the village to help. It should be an easy hike there. We will figure out our plan of action on the morning. Does that sound good?"

After a few seconds, the Drifter nodded in agreement.

"Great! I. . .er, I don't believe we've actually introduced each other. I'm Shovel Knight! And, you are. . ."

"Just a drifter."

". . .Hm. Then, I'll call you Drifter!"

And so it begins.​

"I do, yes," Wakaba nodded, though she wasn't exactly sure why he needed to know. She certainly didn't look the part of a warrior she was aware, so perhaps Darius was just expressing concern in his own way. That was how she decided to interpret his question, anyway. "If you're concerned about whether I am able to take care of myself, I'm grateful but I assure you I can hold my own. I've fought more battles than I might appear to have."

Unlike Selesia however, she didn't seem intent on putting said experience on display.

Wakaba sighed, but her expression gave way to a tired seeming smile.

"That's certainly true enough, though I do wish my current course in life were different. No offense to you all, Jin-san, I'm sure you're all fine people. But just...you know."

@Lucky @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Siege @Minerva @Otto @Hida Tomonatsu @East​

A soft chuckle escaped the samurai as he nodded, "No offense at all. This situation is rather inconvenient, even with acceptable company such as you all. Even a wanderer such as I have business to attend to back home..."

@Lucky @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Siege @Minerva @Otto @Kaykay @East​

Peter Parker-MCU

Peter quickly tried to grab the pink thing in his hand. Not realizing that Azel had already picked one of the two rare blue flowers that were there, he plucked the other one. " I think I'm ready to go and catch up with the others," he said, smiling and looked over at Azel, happy that he hadn't been left behind.

@Hida Tomonatsu @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Siege @Minerva @Otto @Kaykay @East

Peter Parker- Amazing

Peter looked over at the others and shrugged, not sure what else there was to say. " Might as well take what she left behind," he said, picking up the jewels, banana bunch and her sickle.

@Minerva @Takumi @Space_Candy @Yun Lee @Siege @Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @South

Peter Parker-MCU

Peter quickly tried to grab the pink thing in his hand. Not realizing that Azel had already picked one of the two rare blue flowers that were there, he plucked the other one. " I think I'm ready to go and catch up with the others," he said, smiling and looked over at Azel, happy that he hadn't been left behind.

@Hida Tomonatsu @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Siege @Minerva @Otto @Kaykay @East

As Darius analysed the combat capabilities of some companions, Yuuki glances to the side to see some familiar faces.

6j7ZOL4.png

"..."

Yuuki proceeds to wave towards the returning two allies, then approaching them to see what they have acquired. He gestures to the others to look with him.

@Lucky @Hida Tomonatsu @Takumi @Crow @Siege @Minerva @Otto @Kaykay @Yun Lee @East​

Peter would find there were two jewels: one green and one blue.

BotW_Green_Rupee_Icon.png

Dell showed off the edge of the blade, which seemed to be coated with some sort of unusual sludge. "It's a toxic substance called Malice," he explained. "If it touches you, it works the same way touching acid would. And it's super effective against machines like myself." Dell looked down at the blade again. "That woman was a member of the Yiga Clan. They're dangerous people-they disguise themselves as ordinary travelers, then attack unsuspecting bystanders."

Dell got up, heading down the road with the sickle in tow. "C'mon. It's safe in the village."

@Lucky @Siege @Takumi @Minerva @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @South

---

Peter successfully caught the orb, and it was now his!

@Lucky

Peter would find there were two jewels: one green and one blue.

Dell showed off the edge of the blade, which seemed to be coated with some sort of unusual sludge. "It's a toxic substance called Malice," he explained. "If it touches you, it works the same way touching acid would. And it's super effective against machines like myself." Dell looked down at the blade again. "That woman was a member of the Yiga Clan. They're dangerous people-they disguise themselves as ordinary travelers, then attack unsuspecting bystanders."

Dell got up, heading down the road with the sickle in tow. "C'mon. It's safe in the village."

@Lucky @Siege @Takumi @Minerva @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @South

---

Peter successfully caught the orb, and it was now his!

@Lucky

Shallot nodded at Dell and followed him.

@Yun Lee @South

Evening Update: Kakariko

As everyone kept walking, the Sun began to lower itself in the sky. “Five in the afternoon,” Kaito observed. “Not bad timing!” Though, as the Eastern group exited the forest, they would notice a pile of rubble on the cliff overlooking the village. Looking at the map, this was where the Ta’Loh Naeg Shrine used to be. What could have possibly destroyed it?

latest

“Woah...get a load of that!” Kaito pointed out beyond the village, where they could see icy peaks, a volcano...and a castle surrounded by a cage of brilliant light. “The Hell is that?” He observed it for a moment, before turning to the rest of the group. He began down the hill towards the village, expecting the others to follow.​

---​

Those in the Northwest group were able to find the road into Kakariko easily, right between a split in a mountain. Just a short walk through, and they would find themselves at the city gates.​

“We’re here!” Linkle shouted to the rest of the group. “Welcome to Kakariko village!”

Fred looked curiously at the village. “That’s a lot of woodwork. Why cut down trees when you can use stone? Sturdier and you don’t need to use any trees. Give me practical and sturdy any day of the week.”

“Uh, yeah, sure!” Linkle gave him a nervous smile before turning to the others. “So we going to stand here all day or are we going for some exploring?”

---​

After the defeat of the Yiga Clan ninja, the trip up the road was relatively peaceful. Keeping the sickle by his side, Dell remained quiet for the rest of the journey. It seemed his run-in with Malice had quieted him some...or perhaps something else was on his mind? As they reached the gateway into town, he led them all inside with nary a word.

---

800px-BotW_Kakariko_Village.png

Perhaps to the Japanese members of their group, Kakariko Village felt right at home. It had the feel of an old farming village, what with chickens running around and old farmers working in their own fields. There was an earthy smell to the place, and immediately one felt closed off from the world the second they arrived. How could they not, considering the geography of the place: this little village was surrounded by mountains and cliffs, keeping the rest of Hyrule hidden from view, unless one were to climb up for a vantage point.​

Despite the multiple shops and houses around, their destination was obvious: a house above a lake, elevated above all others and guarded by two men.

fbe10757a5c8ddd87ec0619692ce7fb4e3cd6909_hq.jpg

The guards, as well as everyone in this place, wore similar clothing to Dell, and eyed the group with bewilderment and wonder. Clearly this was not something they saw every day…​

As all three groups arrived in front of the stairway, Dell looked around. “This everyone? You guys didn’t have any trouble getting here, yeah?”

“Not at all!” Kaito replied proudly. “We had a run-in with some goblins, but I showed ‘em who’s boss! ...with the help of everyone else, of course.” He extended his hand. "Kaito Momota, Luminary of the Stars!”

“...Dell Honne,” the android replied, taking Kaito’s hand rather gingerly. His focus was immediately drawn to a particular member of their group. “...who are you?” He asked Linkle.​

“I’m Linkle, of course,” She responded without missing a beat grabbing his hand for a shake. “Where I’m from I’m a hero of legend, so like I told the other guys you’re really lucky that I’m here!”

With one hand occupied by a boisterous astronaut, and the other by an energetic heroine, Dell had an utterly perplexed look on his face. “The Hell...but-”

“Um...e-excuse me.”

latest

Before them all, in front of the steps, was a young woman. She looked rather similar to Dell, with white hair and red eyes, which was odd considering he wasn’t even from Hyrule in the first place.​

Dell recognized her, and took his hands from the other two. “Evening, Paya. What’s up?”

“U-um…” She looked down, fiddling with her hands, unable to handle the gaze of such a large group. “Grandmother would l-like to speak with you…”

“Yeah, I know, we’re all ready to-”

“N-n-no. Just...just you, Dell.”

Dell blinked. “...oh.” Turning to the group, he shrugged his shoulders. “Guess I’ll head in, then…? You guys just wait out here. It shouldn’t take too long.” With that, the android walked up the steps into the house. Paya stepped out of the way, then faced the group again, unsure of what to do.​

“...anyone up for a game of I Spy?”

---​

“Are you fucking kidding me right now?!”

Dell glared at the old woman sitting before him, hands balled into fists. She did not just say that...all that work, and she was just gonna…

761px-Impa.jpg

“I will not meet them tonight,” Impa replied, looking at Dell from under the brim of her hat. Though over 100 years old, Impa still held an air of authority to her that remained unmatched by anyone in the village, even Dell. “Allow them to rest, and I shall talk to them in the morning.”

“Oh, and let them do what, huh? Go shopping? Sing camping songs by the fire?”

“If that is what they would like to do, then yes.”

For a moment, Dell was speechless. “Unbelievable.” He started pacing, shaking his head with his hands on his hips. “Un-fucking-believable. Do you even realize what we’re up against? This guy is ten times worse than Calamity Ganon!”

“Dell…”

"We only have a week until the next Blood Moon…”

“Dell.”

"Margreet is off doing God knows what because of some dream she had…”

“Dell!”

"And you’re telling me you want to let everyone play tourist for the night?!”

“Dell! Enough!” Impa’s voice could cut through steel, and it certainly cut through Dell. He stopped in his tracks, eyes on the village elder. “I am fully aware what we are up against. That is why I want everyone to have the opportunity to bond and enjoy an evening together. Ganon will not be defeated though brute force alone. You know this as well as I do.”

“But-”

“And you know you can’t be displaying such temperamental outbursts. You, of all people, should know better.”

He sighed. As much as he hated to admit it, Impa was right. “So...what? What do we do?”

“We give them tonight. Allow them to enjoy themselves, feel at home here. Get to know them, too. You could use this opportunity to make friends, help them understand this world better...and in the morning, when everyone is rested. I will talk to them. If I were to talk to them now, tell them of their situation...it would make it very hard for any camaraderie.”

“Yeah, yeah. I get it.” He turned to leave, but stopped at the door. “And tomorrow...we’re gonna...y’know…?”

Impa paused a while, then nodded. “Yes. We will.”

With that clarified, Dell headed outside. Impa sighed as the door closed, and looked to a photograph by her side. “Oh, Hylia...may you give us all strength for what is to come. I get the feeling we can use as much as we can get.”

---​

Outside, Kaito was taking on the role of entertainer. “I Spy, with my little eye...something...red!”

“Um...is it the fire?” Paya guessed.​

“Nope!”

“The sunset, perhaps.” One of the guards suggested.​

“Nuh-uh.”

“I know! One of my dear Cuccos!”​

“Dude, you’ve answered Cuccos like four times already. And that’s never been the right answer!” Kaito shook his head. “Does no one know?!”

“The offering apples?” Dell said, walking down the stairs to the rest of the group.​

“Yeah! You got it, Dell! Way to go!” Kaito then got rather serious. “So, what’d she say? Do we go in now, or…”​

“Actually...Impa sends her regards, but she would rather have her bug meeting with you all in the morning, It’s been a long day, and she wants you all to be able to eat and sleep. She even went out of her way to arrange lodging for everyone throughout the village. You’ll find your sleeping arrangements in the Sheikah Slate. That's...what we were talking about in there.”

Actually, Dell randomly selected living quarted for everyone, but he wouldn't say that out loud. Looking at your map, you would find a stamp placed on one of ten houses:

Curious Quiver (arrow shop) - Futaba, Nia, Linkle, Wakaba
High Spirits Produce - Jin, Shallot, Akuma, Peter (MCU)​

Shuteye Inn - Akane, Rex, Thor, Ken, Reimu, Kaito​

Cado’s House - Superboy, Guy, Teruteru​

Impa’s House - Darius, Selesia, Bitch Pudding, Nadeshiko​

Enchanted (clothing store) - Ellie, Fred, Diana​

Lasli’s House - Lyndis, The Drifter, Yuuki​

Mellie’s House - Azel, Enu, Kokkoro​

Dorian’s House - Agent 47, Mantis, Peter (TASM), Shovel Knight​

Steen’s House - Silque, Grievous, Asher

“If you wanna trade rooms with someone, ask 'em. And you don’t have to go there just yet. The shops stay open until nine tonight, so that gives you all about three hours to shop. If you’ve collected anything on your trip here-monster parts, food, precious stones-you can cook 'em, or sell them for Rupees, Hyrule’s currency.”
Dell held one up to show what it looked like.

"Things are pretty cheap here, but if you need some extra cash, I can spot you. Except if you're wanting to buy clothes. I'm not made of money.”

Dell pointed to the nearby fireplace and cooking pot. “You can use those to bake food and cook meals, respectively. Just choose the ingredients you want, toss them in, and boom. You’ve got food. Of course, if you want to make food your own way, I understand, and you can. But this way is a lot easier. There’s storage of ingredients Impa has that you can use. Just ask what you want, and we can get it for you.”

“But how the heck do we know what to get?” Kaito asked.​

“Easy. Look through your Sheikah Slate and find the Hyrule Compendium. It lists everything you could ever want to know-weapons, monsters, wildlife, foodstuffs, and so on. Find whatever food you want on there, and ask for it-chances are we have it.”

Dell scratched the back of his head. “Uh...that’s it. If you need me, I’ll be hanging out on that patio over by the cooking pot. Oh...have fun.” And with that, Dell was off. Looks like you have the evening all to yourselves.

The Curious Quiver: An arrow shop that specializes in Fire Arrows. If you didn’t pick Fire Arrows at the start, you could buy a limited supply here.
Enchanted: A clothing shop. The clothes here are rather pricey, but still pretty enough to look at even if you can’t afford them. A good place for gossip.​

High Spirits Produce: A nice little shop where you can sell items you have, as well as purchase a few goods. Their best product is the Swift Carrot.​

Olkin’s Pumpkin Patch: A little place where you can purchase a Fortified Pumpkin from Olkin. For some reason not sold in the produce shop.​

Shuteye Inn: A small inn for travelers passing through. There may be a few merchants you can meet.​

Impa’s House: Home of the Village Elder and her granddaughter. You can visit with them before the meeting tomorrow. One of the guards, Dorian, is in charge of the ingredient storage, so talk to him if you need anything.​

Goddess Statue: Right beside Impa’s house is a statue of Hyrule’s main Goddess, Hylia. Paya is tasked with cleaning it tonight, if you’d like to visit with her.

Cast List:

@Alex Azure as Akane Owari (Danganronpa 3)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Rex and Nia (Xenoblade Chronicles)
@Atomic Knight as Asher Forrester (Game of Thrones) and Teruteru Hanamura (Danganronpa 3)
@Crow as Yuuki and Kokkoro (Princess Connect! Re: Dive)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) and The Drifter (Hyper Light Drifter)
@Donder172 as Agent 47 (Hitman) and General Grievous (Star Wars Clone Wars 2003)
@Glostechk as Bitch Pudding (Robot Chicken)
@Gummi Bunnies as Nadeshiko Kagamihara (Yuru Camp) and Ellie Phimister (Deadpool)
@Hahli Nuva as Ken Masters (Street Fighter)
@Hida Tomonatsu as Jin (Samurai Champloo)
@Jeremi as Linkle (Hyrule Warriors) and Fred Flintstone (The Flintstones comics)
@Josh as Superboy (Prime Earth DCU)
@Kaykay as Wakaba Nogi (Nogi Wakaba is a Hero)
@Krieg as Diana of Themyscira (Wonder Woman)
@Lucky as Peter Parker (MCU) and Peter Parker (The Amazing Spiderman)
@MelodyMeister as Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)
@Minerva as Selesia Upitira (Re:Creators) and Celica (Fire Emblem)
@Neko Shogun as Mantis (Guardians of the Galaxy)
@Otto as Darius (League of Legends)
@Raynar Saassin as Lyndis (Fire Emblem)
@Siege as Shallot (Dragon Ball) and Akuma (Street Fighter)
@Space_Candy as Thor Odinson (MCU)
@Takumi as Silque (Fire Emblem) and Azel Halgal (Otoyomegatari)
@ThatAverageGuy as Futaba Sakura (Persona 5)
@Ver as Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss)
@York as Enu (RiME)
@Yun Lee as Kaito Momota (Danganronpa V3)​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back