Status
Not open for further replies.
Zelda rubbed her temples. Did no one hear what she said? Keep it together, Zelda... "Would someone be so kind as to check the bushes down there? Please? I'd feel much more comfortable accusing someone of the deed if we have all the facts first..."

Jin was missing no arrows. Not a single item was missing from his body...except for everything Peter looted.

@Crow @York @Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Investigation

Kokkoro did just that.

0jTl2DR.jpg

"Look at what we have here..." she utters as she rummages through the bushes. "I think I see..."

@Crow @York @Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Yun Lee @Investigation​

Zelda rubbed her temples. Did no one hear what she said? Keep it together, Zelda... "Would someone be so kind as to check the bushes down there? Please? I'd feel much more comfortable accusing someone of the deed if we have all the facts first..."

Jin was missing no arrows. Not a single item was missing from his body...except for everything Peter looted.

@Crow @York @Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Investigation

---

"All of us attacking at once could work, except for the fact that Wizzrobes are tougher than your average monster. They don't die as easily as we'd like. And the second we attack or get too close, we're fucked."

"Hey! What if we split up? Some of us take the Wizzrobe on, some of us deal with Farosh?"

Dell considered the suggestion. "You know what...that could work. Farosh will be here any minute, so the sooner we get that Wizzrobe, the better."

Kaito put his fists on his hips. "Leave it to me!" He cried proudly. "I'll take him on!"

@Alex Azure @Jeremi @Luvky @Atomic Knight @Siege

---

"No," Margreet said in response to Shallot. "Neither of you remember fighting these things. They're dangerous and could get us all killed in just one attack. We need to get rid of them...but we need to be careful." She gasped, slapping her forehead. "How could I forget? Dell gave me some Ancient Arrows earlier...if I could shoot them right in the eye, that will kill them in one blow."

@Siege @MelodyMeister @Shrine

---

The rattling stopped. "Wait. It can't be..." A head popped up-or rather, a skull.

draw_brook_one_piece_step_13.jpg

"It is!!! JIN!!! Oh, Jin, it's so good to see you!" The skeleton jumped over the top of the cliff, making his way towards the ronin. "You're a sight for sore eyes-though my eyes aren't sore because I don't have any! YOOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!"

@Hida Tomonatsu
"Stay back!"

Reflexive and blunt, Jin's reaction was one of warding, of maintaining the distance between them as he stepped back and held his hands up in case it came to a struggle. However, after a moment of taking in the disorienting sight of the skull... something softened in his expression, the hostility replaced by confusion, "Wait, no... you were one of the ones who died, were you not? Brook, yes? How are you..." He paused a moment, realizing he was speaking to a talking skeleton with hair, before deciding to ask the obvious question, "How are you still alive? You were not in stasis with the rest of us."

@Yun Lee

The grass behind one of the bushes was smoothed down, as if someone had stood or sat there. The top of the leaves on the bush were also singed.

@Crow

---

"YIPE!!" Brook put up a defensive stance, shocked by Jin. "Don't hurt me!!! I come in peace!!!" He flashed a peace sign to prove it.

Once Jin calmed down, though, so did he. Getting back to a neutral stance, he tilted his head. "I know, it's quite abnormal, isn't it? I'm supposed to be dead-well, deader than I already am! But I've been living on this little island for a year now, as have the rest of us, and-" Brook stopped, his jaw dropping as he gasped. "Wait...stasis? What do you mean, stasis? You're all...alive?"

@Hida Tomonatsu

The grass behind one of the bushes was smoothed down, as if someone had stood or sat there. The top of the leaves on the bush were also singed.

@Crow

---

"YIPE!!" Brook put up a defensive stance, shocked by Jin. "Don't hurt me!!! I come in peace!!!" He flashed a peace sign to prove it.

Once Jin calmed down, though, so did he. Getting back to a neutral stance, he tilted his head. "I know, it's quite abnormal, isn't it? I'm supposed to be dead-well, deader than I already am! But I've been living on this little island for a year now, as have the rest of us, and-" Brook stopped, his jaw dropping as he gasped. "Wait...stasis? What do you mean, stasis? You're all...alive?"

@Hida Tomonatsu
"... Well, apparently I'm no longer supposed to be alive if I'm here. But yes, it seems everyone else was alive - well, excluding someone called Ken, who was blown away after we woke up."

It was a quick conclusion, surmizing that he had possibly died or been transported here somehow by the traitors. However, given Brook's own imprisonment along with the others on this island... it seemed the only likely conclusion, as the skeleton hadn't seen anyone else apparently. Strange that Ken wasn't found here as well. Perhaps the method of death was different in some way? With a shake of his head and a sigh of annoyance, the ronin pushed aside the thoughts for now and instead focused on the here and now, "In any case, where are the others then? Have you found any means to get off the island and find the others? We need to do so, as the traitors are still active even now."

@Yun Lee

@Crow

ixzYf4J.jpg

"If anything, I believe that the individual in question was hiding behind the bush, and the arrow passed through the top of bush," Kokkoro infers. "If I recreate the scene in question, we can determine the height range of the individual in question, whether it be taller, shorter, or close to me."

Kokkoro takes out her bow and arrow, standing at the exact spot of the flattened grass, her arrow pointing towards the windmill area that Jin was suspected to be targeted from.

Following that, she did the same thing, except this time, kneeling down to chop her height off.

She would see if, in either scenario, her arrow came into contact with the singed area of the bush, or if it was too low or too high.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @Ver @Donder172 @York @etcetcetc @Investigations

(Kokkoro is officially 145 centimetres tall)​

"The fact we have a body would somewhat thin down the number of suspects. The person who commited this was not interested in hiding the kill or wanted us to know of it. Either that or did it wrong." 47 said towards the group calmly.

"Ken died? And you died?" Brook was stunned. "My goodness! We have a lot to talk about, don't we? Follow me, let's continue this talk at camp!" Taking his paraglider out, Brook flew off the ledge, towards the other side of the island.

@Hida Tomonatsu

---

It was impossible to figure out the height of whoever was there, as the bush was low enough that anyone could sit and shoot, even someone as short as Teruteru or as tall as Fred. It ruled no one out, but it did at least confirm where the culprit had been.

"The murder had to have been done with the purpose of us finding the body," Zelda replied. "I'm afraid these murders have more to them than just trimming our numbers."

@Crow @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @York @Ver @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Investigation​

It was impossible to figure out the height of whoever was there, as the bush was low enough that anyone could sit and shoot, even someone as short as Teruteru or as tall as Fred. It ruled no one out, but it did at least confirm where the culprit had been.

"The murder had to have been done with the purpose of us finding the body," Zelda replied. "I'm afraid these murders have more to them than just trimming our numbers."
"Most likely to intimidate or make us turn against each other. Making us disorganized and disrupting us from finding them." 47 said in agreement

Peter- Amazing

Peter was listening to the talk and working on his own theories while he quietly took the swift carrot and Rupees off of Jin's corpse. To cover himself up a little, he would also be inspecting the type of arrows Jin had if any and if any were missing.

@Crow @York @Ver @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Space_Candy @Donder172 @Investigation

Peter-MCU

" Any ideas on how to not draw the attention of the Wizzrobe?" He asked, not certain how they could avoid a teleporting beast. He wasn't sure why, but he checked on his arrows. They were still there thankfully... and two pumpkins... when had had gotten.. Ugh, maybe he was just too distraught to remember getting them.

@Yun Lee

tumblr_ntezjryHWZ1sqt9jyo5_400.png

"You have no respect for the dead, do you?" Azel asked, tone flat as he crossed his arms. Simply shaking his head in slight distaste, before glancing to Yuuki momentarily and raising a brow, he didn't say anything else on the matter before glancing as Kokkoro attemtped to reenact the murder in a sense.

He went to check the bushes himself and tried to determine how easy it would be for the murderer to take a shot at that angle, despite how tall they were.

"I wonder, if they are experienced enough to get such a clean shot. The shoulder shot seems like a waste of arrows if they do have any experience..." he muttered. Sighing he placed his hands on his hips as he stepped back. Being a hunter, he always tried to use one arrow for a clean kill. Though, this was all likely to just throw them off and an act some form of disgusting satisfaction.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Donder172 @Investigation

Silque, once Nadeshiko and Enu were ready, she would take them away from the scene and to where Margreet and others in their group were.

@Yun Lee @Siege @Gummi Bunnies @York @others

"Ken died? And you died?" Brook was stunned. "My goodness! We have a lot to talk about, don't we? Follow me, let's continue this talk at camp!" Taking his paraglider out, Brook flew off the ledge, towards the other side of the island.

@Hida Tomonatsu

---

@Crow @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @York @Ver @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Investigation​
Well, it certainly seemed that Brook had no hesitation to glide about on the island, so it was probably safe enough. Taking only a moment to pull out his own paraglider, Jin followed suit, doing his best to put his earlier experience with the tool to good use in keeping up.

@Yun Lee

It would be easy to take the shot, but the angle indicated that they were at least crouched. Someone standing, whether tall or short, wouldn't male so sharp an angle.

"There's more to it than that," Zelda said. "I don't know, myself...but I do know Dell may know more. He mentioned something about researching this ordeal..."

@Crow @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @York @Jeremi @Ver @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Investigation

---

As Jin followed in the sky, he would notice some ruins where monsters had set up camp, a treehouse of the same nature, and a blue cyclops asleep in a ditch to the left. But where Brook took him was to a small clearing with five little wooden huts. "Everyone! Hurry! We have a new arrival!"

"Really? Brook, what are you-" A little girl poked her hrad out of one hut and gasped. "Jin!!!" She rushed to the ronin and hugged him. "It's so good to see you! Do you remember me?"

@Hida Tomonatsu @Jeremi

"Most likely to intimidate or make us turn against each other. Making us disorganized and disrupting us from finding them." 47 said in agreement
tumblr_ntezjryHWZ1sqt9jyo5_400.png

"You have no respect for the dead, do you?" Azel asked, tone flat as he crossed his arms. Simply shaking his head in slight distaste, before glancing to Yuuki momentarily and raising a brow, he didn't say anything else on the matter before glancing as Kokkoro attemtped to reenact the murder in a sense.

He went to check the bushes himself and tried to determine how easy it would be for the murderer to take a shot at that angle, despite how tall they were.

"I wonder, if they are experienced enough to get such a clean shot. The shoulder shot seems like a waste of arrows if they do have any experience..." he muttered. Sighing he placed his hands on his hips as he stepped back. Being a hunter, he always tried to use one arrow for a clean kill. Though, this was all likely to just throw them off and an act some form of disgusting satisfaction.

Yuuki turns away from the scene, upset how everything has gone back to square one.

Kokkoro looks at Yuuki for a bit, then turns to Zelda. She wanted to help him, but she had to solve this.

"They're feeding off discord, aren't they?"

Kokkoro examines the area once again.

"The only actual hint we have to our culprit is that he or she possesses the Flame Arrows."

Kokkoro nods at Azel's statement.

"Indeed, weapon proficiency could be another clue. Though, we cannot be sure as to who among us is truly skilled in the art of the bow, as we were not given our weapon sets from back home."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Donder172 @Takumi @Investigation​

It would be easy to take the shot, but the angle indicated that they were at least crouched. Someone standing, whether tall or short, wouldn't male so sharp an angle.

"There's more to it than that," Zelda said. "I don't know, myself...but I do know Dell may know more. He mentioned something about researching this ordeal..."

@Crow @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @York @Jeremi @Ver @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Investigation

---

As Jin followed in the sky, he would notice some ruins where monsters had set up camp, a treehouse of the same nature, and a blue cyclops asleep in a ditch to the left. But where Brook took him was to a small clearing with five little wooden huts. "Everyone! Hurry! We have a new arrival!"

"Really? Brook, what are you-" A little girl poked her hrad out of one hut and gasped. "Jin!!!" She rushed to the ronin and hugged him. "It's so good to see you! Do you remember me?"

@Hida Tomonatsu @Jeremi

Yuuki turns away from the scene, upset how everything has gone back to square one.

Kokkoro looks at Yuuki for a bit, then turns to Zelda. She wanted to help him, but she had to solve this.

"They're feeding off discord, aren't they?"

Kokkoro examines the area once again.

"The only actual hint we have to our culprit is that he or she possesses the Flame Arrows."

Kokkoro nods at Azel's statement.

"Indeed, weapon proficiency could be another clue. Though, we cannot be sure as to who among us is truly skilled in the art of the bow, as we were not given our weapon sets from back home."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Donder172 @Takumi @Investigation​

"The culprit at least crouched to get the angle needed to have the arrows be in the position they are in." Azel pointed out, before adding onto Kokkoro's statement on weapon proficiency. "Weapon proficiency with a bow, could be adapted from their usual arsenal if they already knew.how to use one." he sighed. "Really, it may as well ne pointless to bring up weapon proficiency now until we're sure we have all of the clues or come to a conclusion of what to do from here with the information gathered."

---

@Hida Tomonatsu @Jeremi
Well, those sights were certainly worrisome; how close had they built the camp towards those ruins? Had the monsters been there before they began building? They would have to consider clearing them out...

"Ooof-!" Before he could consider those thoughts anymore, he had landed feet first and packed away his paraglider just as a girl had gone for a hug. A grimace was his only response for a brief few moments as he still felt the phantom tingle of his earlier burns mixed with the sudden impact, but he remained steady on his feet, focused more on the one hugging him than the discomfort. Who was she again? "S-Sorry, but... most of us only have vague memories of the past," He muttered in response, awkwardly giving her a pat on the back in return while looking to Brook for some help in escaping the hug, "Even with the visions we've been shown, it's been difficult to keep track of everything given the troubles taking place with the group."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

Zelda nodded at Kokkoro's theory. "I don't think the Traitors do, but I think Ganondorf certainly does. Though in regards to why..." As the topic of weapon proficiency came up, Zelda shook her head. "We have all the clues now, I think." Sure enough, there was nothing more to be found. "I wouldn't mind talking things over with others, but we do also need to aid Margreet and Dell. As much as I want to bring Jin's death justice...we still have much to do."

---

"Why, it's me! Efi!" She pulled away from the hug on her own, smiling at him, before frowning. "Wait...if you're here, then...did you die? What happened to everyone?"

@Hida Tomonatsu

Peter- MCU

" I'll go with Dell, I don't really want to kill anything and would rather just talk with the dragon," he admitted.

@Yun Lee @Siege @Faron Tower

Peter- Amazing

" It's not that I don't care about the dead. It's that he has no use for these items. Should we just let the resources and fund just be lost because he died? It would seem like a waste of items if we leave them behind. I'm not taking his weapons, by the way, whoever did this didn't use his items,"
he added, looking at the angle and working on his own theories.

@Crow @Takumi @Donder172 @Yun Lee @York @Jeremi @Ver @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Investigation

Zelda nodded at Kokkoro's theory. "I don't think the Traitors do, but I think Ganondorf certainly does. Though in regards to why..." As the topic of weapon proficiency came up, Zelda shook her head. "We have all the clues now, I think." Sure enough, there was nothing more to be found. "I wouldn't mind talking things over with others, but we do also need to aid Margreet and Dell. As much as I want to bring Jin's death justice...we still have much to do."

---

"Why, it's me! Efi!" She pulled away from the hug on her own, smiling at him, before frowning. "Wait...if you're here, then...did you die? What happened to everyone?"

@Hida Tomonatsu
"Right, Efi... the girl who seemed far wiser than her age let on," Despite the holes in his memory, that was at least something he could gather based on what he had seen so far. The visions and the Drifter's reaction to them seemed to imply that she held the key to his condition in some way, which would mean she was more intelligent than her looks let on. At least, that's what he reassured himself of as he nodded before sighing at her question, "Apparently so. The traitors are clearly still active if so. As for the rest of the group... it might be best if we wait until the others on this island are here to react as well."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

"All of us attacking at once could work, except for the fact that Wizzrobes are tougher than your average monster. They don't die as easily as we'd like. And the second we attack or get too close, we're fucked."

"Hey! What if we split up? Some of us take the Wizzrobe on, some of us deal with Farosh?"

Dell considered the suggestion. "You know what...that could work. Farosh will be here any minute, so the sooner we get that Wizzrobe, the better."

Kaito put his fists on his hips. "Leave it to me!" He cried proudly. "I'll take him on!"

---

"No," Margreet said in response to Shallot. "Neither of you remember fighting these things. They're dangerous and could get us all killed in just one attack. We need to get rid of them...but we need to be careful." She gasped, slapping her forehead. "How could I forget? Dell gave me some Ancient Arrows earlier...if I could shoot them right in the eye, that will kill them in one blow."

@Siege @MelodyMeister @Shrine

Akuma decided to stay with Dell to take on Farosh.

@Yun Lee @Farosh Group

"Do you have good aim?" Shallot asked.

@Yun Lee

cough.

cough, cough.

There may be no answers.

There may be no cure.

But you must press on.

3674456d4373b2a6cf7381e826ab10cb.png

A haggard cough escaping from the back of the gathering heroes denoted the emergence of the Drifter and Shovel Knight, both of which had remained eerily silent throughout the investigation. For Shovel Knight, that may be suspiciously uncharacteristic, but the Drifter had no shift in his emotions upon seeing Jin's corpse. A mere causality of venturing into an untamed land haphazardly, thinking that the world would deal a fair hand.

The Drifter silently envied Jin. If only he could die by the hand of another - then, there would be no guilt or shame to his name. It would just be another incident, as opposed to a declaration of defeat.

eeb445314a088729f157b64367f3f40a.png

Shovel Knight approached the fallen samurai, planting his Lynel Sword into the dirt next to him. Without looking at the princess, the struggler spoke. "No. We can't just continue on our journey without bringing this treachery to justice! What good is it to just continue on and let these 'traitors' have another shot at thinning our numbers? We're no better than mere cattle at that point."

"I shall not leave until we bury this man. . .and the one who killed him."
The knight's faceless helmet met Zelda's eyes. "Should I dig a grave?"

@Crow @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @York @Jeremi @Ver @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Investigation​

"Lead the way, Kaito! I'm right behind you!"

Akane got her bow and fire arrows ready to attack the Wizrobe.

@Yun Lee @Siege @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Jeremi
@Faron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back