Status
Not open for further replies.
Day Five

“Rectify”

Finally, night comes, and everyone heads to the place they’re sleeping for the night. Just a few more days of this…

---

A year is a very long time to stay awake. To not move, not eat, not sleep...a year to exist in the same place, conscious and alive, but unable to do anything. But it could be worse, really. It had been worse, for her.

Being like this for one hundred years...he can only imagine the toll it took on her. He tried to do everything he could to help her, but it wasn’t enough. This new Ganondorf...his arrival into their world. It ruined everything. Stakes were higher than they’d ever been before. The Yiga Clan were more of a threat, Ganondorf had that clown demon as his assistant, and had it not been for Zelda’s quick thinking, all would have been lost.

He really hopes he’s helping them. Ever since he woke up, all he wanted to do was set things right. No memories from the past, one hundred years of chaos he sat out of...he wanted to do right by his home, by his people, by his princess. But an outside enemy arrives, brings in a whole group of outsiders who are supposed to kill each other...he felt powerless in all this. People died, their killers went free...and all he could do was try and lead everyone to safety.

At least now, he can do something. He keeps Ganondorf inside this castle, locked away so his powers can weaken. And they have been, considerably. Finding Traitors and sparing them, bonding together...there is good work being done.

But he knows Ganondorf is going to get desperate. He needs to win, he needs to come out on top. He’s worked so hard to get here, to this point, and no one will stop him. He’s heard him say this all year, ranting and raving like a lunatic to himself in this castle. He’s not going to give up easily. In fact, he may even just give in to…

He shudders, hoping that won’t be the case. But if it is, he knows they can stop him. They’re already doing so well, so...things can only get better from here, right?

He hopes so, at least. Until then...he will stay here and continue to exist. It’s what he needs to do, and what they need to do is stop Ganondorf at all costs by finding his Traitors.

He really, really hopes they do. Because the fate of Hyrule depends on it.

---

That night, for the first time, sleep was rather restless. You’d still be able to get a few hours of sleep, but would feel tired waking up. Once again, everyone would meet at the Kara Kara Bazaar for the morning debriefing.

“Morning,” Dell said. He glanced around. “Great. Looks like none of you got any sleep.”

“Hey, I got sleep," Kaito said, yawning. “...Just not much of it.”

Margreet held a hand above her eyes to shield them from the Sun. “Nn...It’s so bright today…”

Dell needed a moment before he could speak. “...okay! Well. Sleep or not, we still have work to do. Today, we’re finishing up our Champion recruiting, so we’ll be splitting up and heading to two more places. I’ll be taking a group over to Rito Village, where we’ll be looking for a guy named Teba. Margreet will be going to Zora’s Domain, and our Champion there is Prince Sidon. We good? Okay, then let’s-”

“Pardon me, Dell, but um...aren’t we forgetting something?” Zelda asked. “The investigation?”

“Oh, yeah. Right. Margreet?”

“Mmhmm…” She picked up her Sheikah Slate and looked at the votes. Wakaba? Well…all right…” She didn’t seem too sure about this, but did make her way to the young girl, putting her hands on her shoulders. “This will only be a moment, dear. Just relax…”

Just like before, a memory was coming to mind. Not yours, though; one that belonged to Wakaba.

---

The Hot Springs was such a wonderful time. Bonding with others, sharing stories...it was a beautiful thing. As you collect your things and take your leave of the area, you can’t help but smile. Things are looking up for this group, aren’t they? Maybe it’ll be different this time around. Different than last year, for sure. They already caught Ellie and Nadeshiko, and the dead are coming back, so there’s hope for all of you.

But it means a bit more, too, because of what happened at home. You lost everyone. You failed. There was only one person you had left, someone who you would protect over all else.

latest

Hinata Uesato.

This is for her. You have to remind yourself of that. You had to last time, too, when you killed Efi. You didn't want to, you really didn't, but you all guessed she was an Agent and had to go...and as it turned out, you were right. You tried to make it quick and as painless as possible. It wasn't her fault, you know?

And...you’ll be doing the same for Teruteru, too.

The second Kaito mentioned someone was watching, you knew right away who it was. The same guy who gave the first accusation against Ellie, conveniently after finding out that the Agents knew one of the Traitors. It’s a little too dangerous for him to be around here now.

You pull back on your bowstring, the Shock Arrow ready. You close your eyes a moment, apprehensive. If you get found out...no, you won’t, right? He is helping you now, directly. He is making sure things go right. But you need to hold up your end of the bargain now.

You open your eyes, and shoot the arrow.

---

Margreet yanks her hands away, not believing it at all. “I...Wakaba…”

Unlike last time, Kaito wasn’t furious, or passionate. He just seemed disappointed, looking down. He couldn’t even look at Wakaba. You killed Teruteru, huh?”

Dell only had one thing to say. “Well then...three down, one to go.”

Cast List

@Alex Azure as Akane Owari (Danganronpa3)
@Crow as Yuuki and Kokkoro (Princess Connect! Re: Dive)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) and The Drifter (Hyper Light Drifter)
@Donder172 as Agent 47 (Hitman) and General Grievous (Star Wars Clone Wars 2003)
@Gummi Bunnies as Nadeshiko Kagamihara(Yuru Camp) and Ellie Phimister (Deadpool)
@Hida Tomonatsu as Jin (Samurai Champloo)
@Jeremi as Linkle (Hyrule Warriors) and Fred Flintstone (The Flintstones comics)
@Jodh as Superboy (Prime Earth DCU)
@Kaykay as Wakaba Nogi (Nogi Wakaba is a Hero)
@Lucky as Peter Parker (MCU) and Peter Parker (The Amazing Spiderman)
@MelodyMeister as Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)
@Minerva as Selesia Upitira (Re:Creators) and Celica (Fire Emblem)
@Siege as Shallot (Dragon Ball) and Akuma(Street Fighter)
@Space_Candy as Thor Odinson (MCU)
@Takumi as Silque (Fire Emblem) and Azel Halgal (Otoyomegatari)
@Ver as Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss)
@York as Enu (RiME)
@Yun Lee as Kaito Momota (Danganronpa V3)

@Archmage Jeremiah as Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles) - Died! Innocent! SLASHED!
and Nia (Xenoblade Chronicles) -Died! Innocent! BLUDGEONED!
@Atomic Knight as Asher Forrester (Game of Thrones) - Died! Innocent! VANISHED WITHOUT A TRACE!
and Teruteru Hanamura (Danganronpa 3) - Murdered! Innocent! SHOT IN THE HEAD!
@Krieg as Diana of Themyscira (Wonder Woman) - Died! Innocent! DROWNED!
@Otto as Darius (League of Legends) - Died! Innocent! SLICED WIDE OPEN!
@Raynar Saassin as Lyndis (Fire Emblem) - Died! Innocent! IMPALED!
So Wabaka was also a traitor. Knowing how last time went, 47 readied his bow and an arrow and looked around with a sharp eye as he said. "Who is the other traitor, Wabaka?" he asked calmly. He didn't seem to try to aim for any of the known traitors, but for something else.
At this time, you would all recollect more from the past.

---

1. Efi Oladele had been stabbed with a Windcleaver. You all voted for Lyndis, as she had the same, but in reality the culprit was Wakaba Nogi.

2. Oichi had been struck on the head with a Forest-Dweller's Shield. As he had the same, Peter Parker was voted, but the true culprit was Nadeshiko Kagamihara.

3. Brook was found with his head smashed into pieces. Voted was Agent 47, with the theory that he had used Ice Arrows to freeze his head (but that seems impossible, as Ice Arrows freeze the entire body.) The culprit is still unknown.

4. Mantis had fallen to her doom from inside Vah Medoh, the airborne Divine Beast. She had been stunned with a Shock Arrow, and The Drifter was voted as a result. The true culprit was Ellie Phimister.

5. Lee had been blown up with a Remote Bomb. Mephistopheles confessed and did in fact commit the murder, but he was not a Traitor.

@Alex Azure @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Hida Tomonatsu @Jeremi @Josh @Kaykay @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Minerva @Siege @Space_Candy @Takumi @Ver @York
So they did vote for him, with the theory he used ice arrows to keep his head still. That wasn't 47's style. Smashing heads is too messy for 47 to do. It leaves too much behind.

No matter what anyone asked, poor Wakaba would be unable to remember who the other Traitor is, or how they killed Brook. Just like Nadeshiko and Ellie, it seemed Ganondorf covered his own tracks by tampering with her memory.

@Kaykay @Donder172 @Ver @Siege @Takumi @Everyone​

Peter-MCU and Peter-Amazing

"
I'm surprised that..." Before the younger Peter could finish his sentence, the older Peter covered the younger's mouth with his hand.

"
Let's not tempt fate," he replied, looking over at him and moving his hand slowly away to let him speak.

"
I was about to say that I'm surprised that you were right. Though, if we saw Wakaba killed Teruteru…. then …. who made the other guy vanish?" He asked.

"
That is a fair point since Margret said no traitors were involved with those kills."

@Yun Lee @Kaykay @Everyone

Nogi Wakaba sighed.

But strangely, she felt relieved. She'd thought it before, and she still thought it now. Paranoid thinking, being constantly worried about being found out, really didn't suit her. It wasn't pure relief since she had no idea if failing in this way would make her efforts to protect Hinata meaningless, but as one who had been a hero she found it fitting for the villain to be caught so quickly like this.

"Yes. I killed him," Wakaba nodded, staring back at everyone with a stoic face. She braced herself as she continued to speak. "I don't know how sincere the words of someone like me can seem, but I am glad that you all managed to find me out. The heroes should be the ones who win in the end, after all."

Turning to Guy, she neither nodded nor shook her head. She bit her lower lip as she thought about his words. Did he make her do it? That wouldn't really be inaccurate by most people's standards. But like the nearly silent Yuuki said, she was a hero. Was.

"It's not an excuse, but I agreed to help him to save Hinata. I told you my story, right? I was chosen to be a Hero, but we weren't given enough power to win the fight against the monsters. The Vertex. My whole team, all the Heroes, died. Shiratori-san of Suwa, Tamako, Anzu, Chikage, Yuna...except Hinata. She's a miko, not a Hero, so she was never in danger of dying like everyone else," she clenched her fist and grew silent for a moment. "Until he threatened to kill her. I wouldn't...couldn't let that happen. So...I made my choice."

Even as others approached her with their hands on their weapons, the ex-hero didn't make a move.

"But I didn't make that choice as a Hero," she shook her head at Yuuki, her body trembling as she did. "I couldn't protect any of my teammates. I couldn't stop the Vertex that will cast my world into flames. I lost all my qualifications as a Hero. I acted as Nogi Wakaba...friend of Uesato Hinata."

With those last words, she drew her Windcleaver, hoisting the two-handed sword in a single hand. Her hand released its grip on the weapon, a loud clanging sound ringing out as it hit the ground.

"The Nogi family always repays its debts, but unfortunately I cannot remember anything except for my own crimes anymore. So instead, I offer you my life. I know it cannot make up for a single life I've taken, but it's all I have left. Do with me as you will. I shall not resist any fate."

A tear rolled down her cheek.

"I'm sorry."

@Yun Lee @Donder172 @Ver @Siege @Takumi @Lucky @Crow @Everyone​

Nogi Wakaba sighed.

But strangely, she felt relieved. She'd thought it before, and she still thought it now. Paranoid thinking, being constantly worried about being found out, really didn't suit her. It wasn't pure relief since she had no idea if failing in this way would make her efforts to protect Hinata meaningless, but as one who had been a hero she found it fitting for the villain to be caught so quickly like this.

"Yes. I killed him," Wakaba nodded, staring back at everyone with a stoic face. She braced herself as she continued to speak. "I don't know how sincere the words of someone like me can seem, but I am glad that you all managed to find me out. The heroes should be the ones who win in the end, after all."

Turning to Guy, she neither nodded nor shook her head. She bit her lower lip as she thought about his words. Did he make her do it? That wouldn't really be inaccurate by most people's standards. But like the nearly silent Yuuki said, she was a hero. Was.

"It's not an excuse, but I agreed to help him to save Hinata. I told you my story, right? I was chosen to be a Hero, but we weren't given enough power to win the fight against the monsters. The Vertex. My whole team, all the Heroes, died. Shiratori-san of Suwa, Tamako, Anzu, Chikage, Yuna...except Hinata. She's a miko, not a Hero, so she was never in danger of dying like everyone else," she clenched her fist and grew silent for a moment. "Until he threatened to kill her. I wouldn't...couldn't let that happen. So...I made my choice."

Even as others approached her with their hands on their weapons, the ex-hero didn't make a move.

"But I didn't make that choice as a Hero," she shook her head at Yuuki, her body trembling as she did. "I couldn't protect any of my teammates. I couldn't stop the Vertex that will cast my world into flames. I lost all my qualifications as a Hero. I acted as Nogi Wakaba...friend of Uesato Hinata."

With those last words, she drew her Windcleaver, hoisting the two-handed sword in a single hand. Her hand released its grip on the weapon, a loud clanging sound ringing out as it hit the ground.

"The Nogi family always repays its debts, but unfortunately I cannot remember anything except for my own crimes anymore. So instead, I offer you my life. I know it cannot make up for a single life I've taken, but it's all I have left. Do with me as you will. I shall not resist any fate."

A tear rolled down her cheek.

"I'm sorry."

@Yun Lee @Donder172 @Ver @Siege @Takumi @Lucky @Crow @Everyone​

"Nogi Wakaba, what do you think you're doing?"

Yuuki started to speak up as he grips Wakaba's hand.

"You were given difficult decisions, Nogi Wakaba - to choose between friend or all. Truth be told, I might've picked the choice you picked, for I am also one who cherishes the allies I have. It seems that I too, am as qualified as you.

I don't know what truly qualifies as a hero back where you come from, Nogi Wakaba, but I am certain that qualities that are lost can be regained and rebirthed, like a withered flower that blooms once more. Those who have walked even the darkest of paths can enter the light. I know allies who were once vessels of evil, but today, they are acquaintances, comrades, and for some of them - full-fledged friends."

Yuuki has in mind certain people, most particularly his fellow Guild Member Kyaru, who once worked for the cruel Emperor. Today, she was a friend to treasure.

"You are a hero no longer, but you can be again, you can start from the bottom. If you wish to repay your debt, then I suggest that you choose an alternative - defeating Ganondorf alongside us. Once Ganondorf is vanquished, he will no longer be able to terrorize your friend, or anyone, ever again. Those are lives - lives that you can save."

Yuuki releases his grip, takes a few steps back and removes one gauntlet.

"That's the- Master, what do you think-"

Kokkoro seemed shock as her hands cover her mouth.

"If my words have failed to change your mind, Nogi Wakaba, then I have one request before you make your move."

Yuuki seems to hold the gauntlet back in his still-covered hand.

@Yun Lee @Donder172 @Ver @Siege @Takumi @Lucky @Crow @Kaykay @Everyone​

Last edited:
Update

"Wakaba..." Kaito was finally able to at her, gearing up to give her a speech. "Don't talk in nonsense like that! No one is gonna kill you, because-"

"Because no one thinks your life is worth ending, girl."

A voice piped up from the front of the group, a voice usually known as friendly and helpful. But now, there was something cruel about it, something mocking. Kaito looked up, and a look of surprise crossed his features.

"...Thor? You all right there, buddy?"

"Heh." The Asgardian chuckled darkly, smirking at the group around him. "Oh no, I'm not. I'm afraid your dear friend Thor is...no longer with us."

"What the Hell?" Dell actually looked concerned and not annoyed. "What's gotten into you?"

"Such an ironic question. Inside this vessel is a large quantity of Malice...or, should I say...a fatal quantity."

Margreet gasped. "Thor is...dead? But who-"

"I know who it is." Zelda stepped forward, a stone cold glare on her face. "Ganondorf."

"Ah, the wise little princess is right again! Just like she's been right about every little thing so far. Your little notes on the cases, and your little friends have taken away two of my Traitors. I would commend you, Princess...if it was actually impressive."

Zelda clenched her fist. "We will stop you," she said. "We kept you locked away for a year-"

"Stopped me? My dear, all you've done is prolong my inevitable rise to power. Your little childish games are nothing. Speaking of children..." His eyes wandered to his three former Traitors, glaring at them all. "I should never have chosen them for this task. An error on my part, really. But I'm remedyimg this situation quite nicely."

"Yeah, by killing members of our group!" Kaito roared. "We know it's you doing all those murders!"

"Oh no, no, no. You misunderstand. See, I haven't been killing anyone. You have."

"W-What?! No way, I would never-!"

"Fool! One of you is killing. The only deaths have been amongst yourselves. The same person who killed Diana and those others administed the dose of Malice to Thor while he slept so that I may possess his body for a brief time. A time that is now running out, but I believe that I have used it well enough. They walk among you, and will no doubt kill again!"

"You...you!" Margreet stepped forward, enraged. "You'll pay for this!"

"Aww...what are you going to do, harlot? Throw your clothes at me?" He scoffed and looked around. "Oh...before I go, thank you, Wakaba. You were an utter failure, just like Ellie and Nadeshiko...but at least your little sob story bought my final Traitor some time. Farewell, everyone. I can't wait to see you all again in two days...when I actually can kill you. Mhmhmhm, ahahahahaha!"

Suddenly, the laughter stopped, and Thor's body fell to the ground.

"Why that....he..." Margreet could only stammer in response to that display.

"He's such a monster..." Zelda said. "I...we must stop him at all costs. I can't have him in my kingdom any longer!"

"He said one of us is doing this, but...wouldn't that make them a Traitor, then?" Dell asked, perplexed. "And buy his Traitor time...what did that mean?"

"Um..." Efi spoke up, staring at something on the ground behind them all. "I...I think I know."

As everyone look, Kaito exclaimed, "Not again!"

For the second time, Jin had been murdered.

@Alex Azure @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Josh @Kaykay @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Minerva @Siege @Takumi @Ver @York

---

Jin would once again wake up on Eventide Island, by the shrine. At least another Traitor was found...

@Hida Tomonatsu

Peter- MCU

" Mr. Thor, are you okay?"
He asked, quickly checking to see if Mr. Thor was dead or just in a state of unconsciousness. He looked really worried as he knew that Mr. Stark held Mr. Thor highly and didn't want him to die, especially since he had helped him to defeat the aliens in New York.

@Yun Lee @Everyone

Thor was dead. Peter could see a small trickle of black sludge coming from his mouth-no doubt the Malice Ganondorf mentioned.

@Lucky

Update

"Wakaba..." Kaito was finally able to at her, gearing up to give her a speech. "Don't talk in nonsense like that! No one is gonna kill you, because-"

A voice piped up from the front of the group, a voice usually known as friendly and helpful. But now, there was something cruel about it, something mocking. Kaito looked up, and a look of surprise crossed his features.

"Heh." The Asgardian chuckled darkly, smirking at the group around him. "Oh no, I'm not. I'm afraid your dear friend Thor is...no longer with us."

"What the Hell?" Dell actually looked concerned and not annoyed. "What's gotten into you?"

"Such an ironic question. Inside this vessel is a large quantity of Malice...or, should I say...a fatal quantity."

"I know who it is." Zelda stepped forward, a stone cold glare on her face. "Ganondorf."

"Ah, the wise little princess is right again! Just like she's been right about every little thing so far. Your little notes on the cases, and your little friends have taken away two of my Traitors. I would commend you, Princess...if it was actually impressive."

Zelda clenched her fist. "We will stop you," she said. "We kept you locked away for a year-"

"Stopped me? My dear, all you've done is prolong my inevitable rise to power. Your little childish games are nothing. Speaking of children..." His eyes wandered to his three former Traitors, glaring at them all. "I should never have chosen them for this task. An error on my part, really. But I'm remedyimg this situation quite nicely."

"Yeah, by killing members of our group!" Kaito roared. "We know it's you doing all those murders!"

"Oh no, no, no. You misunderstand. See, I haven't been killing anyone. You have."

"Fool! One of you is killing. The only deaths have been amongst yourselves. The same person who killed Diana and those others administed the dose of Malice to Thor while he slept so that I may possess his body for a brief time. A time that is now running out, but I believe that I have used it well enough. They walk among you, and will no doubt kill again!"

"Aww...what are you going to do, harlot? Throw your clothes at me?" He scoffed and looked around. "Oh...before I go, thank you, Wakaba. You were an utter failure, just like Ellie and Nadeshiko...but at least your little sob story bought my final Traitor some time. Farewell, everyone. I can't wait to see you all again in two days...when I actually can kill you. Mhmhmhm, ahahahahaha!"

"He's such a monster..." Zelda said. "I...we must stop him at all costs. I can't have him in my kingdom any longer!"

"He said one of us is doing this, but...wouldn't that make them a Traitor, then?" Dell asked, perplexed. "And buy his Traitor time...what did that mean?"

"Um..." Efi spoke up, staring at something on the ground behind them all. "I...I think I know."

@Alex Azure @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Josh @Kaykay @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Minerva @Siege @Takumi @Ver @York

---

Jin would once again wake up on Eventide Island, by the shrine. At least another Traitor was found...

@Hida Tomonatsu
Perhaps he should simply remain up there by the shrine. No one could bother him here, at least not until another person passed on. He wouldn't have to return for a few futile hours, only to be forced back here at the whims of another. He could simply accept that he was stuck on this island and would remain here until the clash was over; yet he knew that wasn't the right thing to do. Not when everyone else was struggling forth to survive, giving their best effort to do so.

He had to get up, even if it was proving more troublesome to do so, and head back down to the huts. Best to let the others know that he had arrived once more... Even if it felt as though he was already cursed to a hell in that took the form of this entire world.​

Update

---

@Hida Tomonatsu

Yuuki could only growl as he looked at the Thor-possessed Ganondorf. He put his gauntlet back on as gripped his sheathed sword.

eTUGRW7.png

"This isn't over, Ganondorf! I will make sure of it!"

Yuuki then looks to the ground after Ganon disappears.

Once again...

"J- Jin?"

Yuuki lowered his head as he knelt towards Jin, his hair hiding watered eyes as teardrops were visible. As before, Yuuki took Jin's blade and kept it.

"Jin, I... no."

Yuuki halted what he was to say as he rose up and looked into the horizon. He knew what he had to do to ensure that Jin was avenged. He had to make sure that this didn't happen a third time.

He had no need to speak now, but he had every need to act.

Kokkoro, in the meantime, walked up to Wakaba.

Dsbtxgv.jpg

"Lady Wakaba, are you alright?"

@Kaykay @Ver @Alex Azure @Lucky @Yun Lee @etcetcetc​

"Jin?" Brook looked shocked as he spotted the ronin. His usual jolliness had gone somber. "You...are you telling me that they..."

Lee was silent, looking at Jin with an expression that was hard to read. "Sit down by the fire," he said. "I'll make you something to eat. The best thing during a time like this is comfort food."

@Hida Tomonatsu

Reimu stared at Wakaba coldly, killing two to protect one, she found it petty, just an eye for an eye. Good thing she was caught, since there would be only one more killer now.
She drew her wind cleaver blade upon seeing Wakaba drop hers.

“Guilty hero, for murdering two, I demand the death penalty. It doesn’t matter she wanted to protect a friend, she still killed. My last decision was foolish.”
Now she thought of Nadeshiko’s reason was petty as well. Reimu had no true friends to speak of, she couldn’t know the love between people.

Swiftly turning her head to face the possessed Thor, and didn’t want to listen to his statement on the last traitor. If indeed they did kill all those people, then that last traitor must be a black hearted demon, the first three only killed due to pressure, there was no need to kill so much.

“Jin’s dead again, isn’t he? Don’t worry, he’ll come back like he did last time. The only thing now is to find the murderer of him, and the perpetrator of the massacre!”

She turned her blade to Wakaba again.
“But first, we need to deal with this one.”
@Yun Lee @Kaykay

Peter- Amazing

" I got his money and carrot... again,"
he said, taking the rupees and the Swift carrot that he had given back to him earlier. He sighed. " Well, guess we have another investigation," he said, inspecting the body... again.

Peter- MCU

Peter frowned and looked at the dead Thor and inspected the black sludge. He also looked to see what weapons Mr. Thor had along with other things.

@Yun Lee

"..."

Guy said nothing as Wakaba spilled the beans on her situation, his expression hardening ever so slightly as she spoke. He did nothing; nothing to interrupt, nothing to even move. He was like a statue, still and tense. It was a mystery what he was thinking, an arduous task to get a read on his face, even. Even as Yuuki spoke, a rare action for the fellow young man, Guy did nothing for the longest time. And when he finally did make a move suddenly...

He reached out and firmly gripped Wakaba's heavy two-handed sword, picking it up from where it dropped in one hand. His movements were slow and deliberate as he gingerly picked up the sword in one hand... and then offered it back to the girl.

Guy Cecil looked at Wakaba Nogi in the eyes, a straightforward, piercing look, and yet, it somehow lacked intensity at the same time. Resolute, but without intent, because he did not have intent to do anything to her.

As his lips curled into a sad smile, Guy finally spoke.

"You know... I never did tell you about my story, did I? A long time ago, my best friend did something horrible. So many people lost their lives because of his mistake, and he fell into a deep pit of despair," he explained, finally elaborating on his past, "Many of us in the party, including myself, wondered what to do with him; not even he knew. And just as we prepared to give up on him and leave him behind... He picked himself back up. He dedicated his life to making up for all the losses he'd inflicted, even if accidental. It wasn't so easy for him; he had to suffer plenty and plenty, but after he made that decision, he never complained ever again. Running away or hoping to die in hopes of making it up... That was not something he ever considered. You can't save anyone if you lay down your life so readily. A life in service for others is rife with thankless work and suffering, but such a creed... It's still a beautiful ideal, is it not?" He inquired with a soft laugh, one that one could almost call self-deprecating in some strange, roundabout way.

Just as Yuuki let go of Wakaba's hand, Guy took it in his hand and gently laid the Windcleaver's hilt in her hold, before using his other gloved hand to wipe the tear off her face. "What is a hero of justice if not someone who vows to do everything in her power to protect the ones most important to her? Only a villain would sacrifice the ones they love for people they don't even know, after all. You only did what anyone else would have done; there is no shame in that. But if you wish to become a hero once more, you know what you have to do. I will not, and cannot, tell you what it is. It is something you have to decide on your own."

"... I only--"

Whoosh.

And just like that, the air grew cold and stiff, as one of their own had become possessed by the mastermind behind it all, announcing himself boldly and proudly for all to hear. Ganondorf.

His eyes narrowed and he bit his lip tightly as the villain taunted them all, not just verbally but with the discovery of another death. A man who had died twice now. A bad joke, as it were. Guy could only remain silent, feeling his very heart grow cold as the villain's voice rang throughout, but it seemed that now was hardly the time to freeze up, even as Thor's body collapsed.

All things considered.

tumblr_inline_nsrwvm_Mm4_N1t7b7xk_100.png

"You will not."

With a firm, deathly cold voice as though transferring the icy apprehension he felt within, Guy glared firmly at Reimu, standing in front of the girl who had once called herself a hero, resolving to protect her if needed.

"There is enough death in the air as it is, and to voluntarily add to that toll would be to do a personal favor to the mastermind himself. Her life is not yours to take. None of us have that right, even if she were to offer it up to all of us."

@MelodyMeister @Crow @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Everybody

"Jin?" Brook looked shocked as he spotted the ronin. His usual jolliness had gone somber. "You...are you telling me that they..."

Lee was silent, looking at Jin with an expression that was hard to read. "Sit down by the fire," he said. "I'll make you something to eat. The best thing during a time like this is comfort food."

@Hida Tomonatsu
"Ellie, Wakaba, and Nadeshiko have all been captured, and one remains."

Those were the only words spoken by the vagrant as he approached the camp, a twisted fury in his normally stoic expression as he sat by the fire. For now, he would enjoy the warmth of the flames and what comfort could be had here... Once he arrived back at the group, however, there would be no civility or mercy as there was with his previous killers.

@Yun Lee

Reimu stared at Wakaba coldly, killing two to protect one, she found it petty, just an eye for an eye. Good thing she was caught, since there would be only one more killer now.
She drew her wind cleaver blade upon seeing Wakaba drop hers.

“Guilty hero, for murdering two, I demand the death penalty. It doesn’t matter she wanted to protect a friend, she still killed. My last decision was foolish.”
Now she thought of Nadeshiko’s reason was petty as well. Reimu had no true friends to speak of, she couldn’t know the love between people.

Swiftly turning her head to face the possessed Thor, and didn’t want to listen to his statement on the last traitor. If indeed they did kill all those people, then that last traitor must be a black hearted demon, the first three only killed due to pressure, there was no need to kill so much.

“Jin’s dead again, isn’t he? Don’t worry, he’ll come back like he did last time. The only thing now is to find the murderer of him, and the perpetrator of the massacre!”

She turned her blade to Wakaba again.
“But first, we need to deal with this one.”
@Yun Lee @Kaykay

Yuuki stands in between Reimu & Wakaba and shakes his head, unleashing a T-pose to protect Wakaba.

It was like the time he protected Kyaru, whom he saw being tortured by the Emperor's strikes of lightning, down to the pose he made.

4rhEfBy.jpg

"Y- you? But why? Why me? After I..."
"..."
"Just get out, you! You don't know what you're doing!"

Ah, how nostalgic, even though it only happened a month or so back as far as he remembered. He even remembered the part where he was thrown down the sky. Could've died if Pecorine didn't rush to catch him.

Maybe not die, just land in hospital for a few months, then die as the world gets destroyed because he's too bedridden to save it.

But that wasn't important right now

Yuuki removed a gauntlet and tossed it in Reimu's direction.

"Th- that's a challenge to a duel?" Kokkoro says as she continues to stand by Wakaba's side, identifying what the action meant. "I can't believe it..."

"Hakurei Reimu, before you slay Nogi Wakaba, you will have to slay me."

Glancing at Guy & Kokkoro, he gave a wink to them. It wasn't a happy wink, but rather, a serious one.

@Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @etcetcetc​

Last edited:
"You'll kill me before you kill either of them!" Kaito took a place right in front of the others, pulling the tip of Reimu's blade to his own chest. "You want justice? Kill me then, for failing to protect anyone! Or failing to vote anyone! I'm just as guilty as she is, so I ain't got the right to kill her, and neither do you, or anybody else! You just gonna ignore Ganondorf? He's the one to be angry at, not innocent kids he decided to manipulate!"

"Kaito is right, Reimu." Margreet had a very stern expression on her face, as of berating her own child. "We do not need anymore blood on our hands. Channel your anger into avenging everyome by finding Jin's killer and defeating Ganondorf, not by killing someone who was used by him."

@MelodyMeister @Crow @Ver @Kaykay

---

There was only silence as Lee began pulling ingredients together. Finally, he said, "Three young girls, huh? Bah. Ganondorf is a coward, hiding behind children to do his job. There was a man in my world who did the same. Kidnapped little girls and forced them to do his dirty work." He looked at Jin and smirked. "Know what we did? Kicked his ass to kingdom come. We'll do the same with Ganondorf, too. And whatever son of a bitch killed you a second time."

He looked over the ingredients. "Want something spicy, or chilly? I can do either, or something else entirely."

@Hida Tomonatsu

"You'll kill me before you kill either of them!" Kaito took a place right in front of the others, pulling the tip of Reimu's blade to his own chest. "You want justice? Kill me then, for failing to protect anyone! Or failing to vote anyone! I'm just as guilty as she is, so I ain't got the right to kill her, and neither do you, or anybody else! You just gonna ignore Ganondorf? He's the one to be angry at, not innocent kids he decided to manipulate!"

"Kaito is right, Reimu." Margreet had a very stern expression on her face, as of berating her own child. "We do not need anymore blood on our hands. Channel your anger into avenging everyome by finding Jin's killer and defeating Ganondorf, not by killing someone who was used by him."

@MelodyMeister @Crow @Ver @Kaykay

---

There was only silence as Lee began pulling ingredients together. Finally, he said, "Three young girls, huh? Bah. Ganondorf is a coward, hiding behind children to do his job. There was a man in my world who did the same. Kidnapped little girls and forced them to do his dirty work." He looked at Jin and smirked. "Know what we did? Kicked his ass to kingdom come. We'll do the same with Ganondorf, too. And whatever son of a bitch killed you a second time."

He looked over the ingredients. "Want something spicy, or chilly? I can do either, or something else entirely."

@Hida Tomonatsu
"Was there any doubt that that was my plan, Lee-san?" Jin questioned the martial artist with a sigh, then shaking his head with frown, "Whatever is easiest for you. I do not wish to be a burden."

@Yun Lee

"Nonsense. You're not a burden whatsoever. It's rare someone joins me in my hunting." Picking an ingredient, Lee tossed them all into the pot.

Fishpie.jpg

"Mighty Fish Pie. Trust me, you'll need it for revenge." He served their group, watching as Brook wolfed his down with mild amusement. "So, Jin. What are you looking forward to when you go back home? Not if, don't give me any nihilistic bull. When."

@Hida Tomonatsu @Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back