Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nonsense. You're not a burden whatsoever. It's rare someone joins me in my hunting." Picking an ingredient, Lee tossed them all into the pot.

Fishpie.jpg

"Mighty Fish Pie. Trust me, you'll need it for revenge." He served their group, watching as Brook wolfed his down with mild amusement. "So, Jin. What are you looking forward to when you go back home? Not if, don't give me any nihilistic bull. When."

@Hida Tomonatsu @Jeremi

Jin had taken a few experimental bites of the pie, savoring the natural taste of the fish. Despite the odd moniker of a pie, it certainly tasted fairly good; perhaps because of how talented a chef Lee was. However, despite enjoying it, he paused in his feasting as Lee asked him the question, eyes glancing to him with a curious glint in them. For a few moments, he remained silent on the topic as he chewed the bite of food in his mouth, almost seeming to be considering what a proper response would be...

Until finally, he swallowed the bite and replied with absolute yet simple clarity, a soft smile coming to his lips as he was reminded of what he fought for, "Shino-chan. She is who I'm looking forward to, Lee-san."

@Yun Lee

Jin would feel himself grow stronger as he ate. No change physically, but his senses were heightened, his energy was up...he could probably do anything.

For the rest of the day, Jin's attack power would be increased!

"A woman?!" Brook leaned forward excitedly, almost dropping his food. "Is she beautiful? Is she talented? Have you seen her panti-"

"Brook! Perhaps you could find that instrument you made and play us a song."

"Oh! Yes, of course!" The skeleton hurried to his hut, and Lee sighed.

"The only way to shut him up is to get him singing. Surprisingly, he has a good voice." Lee took a bite out of his pie. "Shino, huh? She a girlfriend? A sister? If you don't mind my asking."

@Hida Tomonatsu @Jeremi

Wakaba was stunned into silence as Guy and Yuuki...forgave her. She knew they had all forgiven Nadeshiko, but that girl was never supposed to be a hero in the first place. Compared to that girl, something on the level of "he threatened me" shouldn't have flown. Yet those two insisted that they, too, would have made the same choice in her shoes. Was it not a sin to sacrifice their whole group for a single person, no matter how much she may have wanted to protect her?

Rebuilding herself. Atonement through action to counter her misdeeds. Her life had been nothing but a series of failures and the apocalypse of the human race, illuminated only by the brief time she'd spent with her team and Hinata. Both Wakaba and Hinata herself had resorted to some underhanded methods to keep the miko alive. In a world that did everything in its power to be rid of them, it was all they could do just to stay alive together.

Perhaps Yuuki was right. A withered flower could reach full bloom once more. Perhaps Guy was right. Even if she stumbled, the choice of a Hero was to continue fighting to protect. Certainly, those two's words and ideals were ones she could agree with.

However, one of the others whom she'd crossed had a different outlook on the situation.

Gripping the sword she'd dropped with trembling hands, the fourteen year old girl couldn't immediately answer Guy, Yuuki, or Kokkoro. With shallow breaths, she held back the tears that wanted to flow. Dying at their hands was most certainly her just deserts. Could someone who'd killed others really just move on without punishment?

"..."

Actually, wasn't she on the other end of this just some time ago? When Chikage tried to kill her, Wakaba forgave her without a second thought and protected her. However, it wasn't a matter of "I forgave someone so they should forgive me." Nogi Wakaba could simply understand the feelings of the other side.

"Sorry, Kokkoro. I'm...fine," she answered, speaking slowly. She took deeper breaths. Her hands slowed their trembling. Her face grew resolute. Looking Reimu's way, Wakaba spoke. "I never intended to defend myself with things like 'I wanted to protect someone so it's okay' to begin with. I don't know what I'd do if someone hurt Hinata, even if I knew they were protecting someone of their own doing it. But even still. Even so. For the feelings of those who want me to live, I cannot die for nothing."

The girl who was once a Hero kept her sword lowered.

"And...I still need to protect Hinata. But this time, I won't do it out of fear. I will take up my blade against that fear, and save Hinata myself. I know it's selfish of me. But if even those I crossed want me to try blooming into a Hero once more, wouldn't it be even more selfish of me to just lie down and die for nothing?"

She shuffled her right foot forward, placing herself just a body length past Kokkoro.

"Thank you, Yuuki, Guy, Kaito, everyone. If you all will still consider me a friend...no, regardless, I will consider you all my friends. Even if I can't ask you to believe my words, I swear to myself, to Hinata, I will protect you all. This...might be the one favor that I will never be able to fully repay."

With a promise, Wakaba brought her Windcleaver up to her left hip, wielding the weapon like a sheathed sword. It might not have been her Ikutachi, and there was still some slight shivering in her body, but her years of training were unmistakable as she held the weapon.

"Therefore, if there is still any trouble, I should be the one to receive it. I don't want to be the reason anyone else dies. I beg you all, don't risk your lives on my behalf."

@Ver @Crow @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee

Reimu laid down her sword and sighed.
“Forget it, if you all disagree, then I’m not bothering.”
She didn’t like the idea of Wakaba living, but if it means she’ll have to face the consequences, then she may as well not do it. And honouring the enemy wasn’t something she wanted to do.

“I guess you do have a point, to avenge their deaths in another direction, I guess.”

She felt herself calm down and return to normal, she was back to her normal apathetic self, not the impulsive shrine maiden with a sense of justice.
“Where do we start then, in order to find the last traitor?”
@Yun Lee @Crow @Kaykay @Ver

Yuuki picks his gauntlet up and slips it back into his hand. He nods back at Reimu in response to her words.

"It is good that you are able to look at things from our perspective, and hers as well, Hakurei Reimu. Truth be told, I actually did believe you would accept the duel in your thirst."

"Can one actually reject a duel made like that?"

"I don't think I ever read the rulebook for that," Yuuki responds, then turns to Wakaba, "thank you for choosing to stay with us, Wakaba. I think it would be best to move on from this situation and this place. Speaking of moving on..."

Yuuki looks at Jin's corpse.

"... it is only appropriate that we give Jin a proper burial. Again."

"Maybe that will trigger his second return, hmu hmu," Kokkoro comments, "do not be disheartened Master. He who dies twice can live twice."

@Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Ver @Kaykay @Crow @etcetcetc​

"Man...killed twice. I didn't know you could even do that." Fred said scratching his head in amazement. "Guess there's one left though...Can't say I'm very happy about that. We don't need us to be killing each other."

"Don't worry Fred!" Linkle assured the burly caveman. "We're totally going to figure this out, you just watch! That's what heroes are here for after all!"

Jin would feel himself grow stronger as he ate. No change physically, but his senses were heightened, his energy was up...he could probably do anything.

"A woman?!" Brook leaned forward excitedly, almost dropping his food. "Is she beautiful? Is she talented? Have you seen her panti-"

"The only way to shut him up is to get him singing. Surprisingly, he has a good voice." Lee took a bite out of his pie. "Shino, huh? She a girlfriend? A sister? If you don't mind my asking."

@Hida Tomonatsu @Jeremi

"A tiny reprieve from his lasciviousness, this one will take anything that is offered."
Mantis replied as she looked at Brook running off to his hut.

@Yun Lee @Hida Tomonatsu

Remiu shrugged at Yuuki, sure, she liked a fight, and sure, she didn’t like Wakaba living, but that’s too much work to do to kill someone, and she preferred non-lethal fights, not ones where one might die.
“I thought I’ll accept it as well. Strange thing, how the mind works. But I let my instincts take control, and there I was, putting my sword away. If you ever get into a fight that isn’t quite so...barbaric, then I’ll gladly accept.”
To Reimu, she grew up fighting mainly in beautiful bullet patterns, and the sword and dueling method is rather unfamiliar with her, since she’s more of a spiritual fighter.

She looked at Jin, crossed her arms and sighed.

“Goodness...Sure, it was tragic the first time, but now, it’s just a corpse. Proper burial it is. Where should we bury him?”
Someone really needed to give the god of the afterlife a serious talk. You can’t bring back people willy-nilly if they die again! That’s what she thought.

@Crow @Yun Lee

Yuuki picks his gauntlet up and slips it back into his hand. He nods back at Reimu in response to her words.

"It is good that you are able to look at things from our perspective, and hers as well, Hakurei Reimu. Truth be told, I actually did believe you would accept the duel in your thirst."

"Can one actually reject a duel made like that?"

"I don't think I ever read the rulebook for that," Yuuki responds, then turns to Wakaba, "thank you for choosing to stay with us, Wakaba. I think it would be best to move on from this situation and this place. Speaking of moving on..."

Yuuki looks at Jin's corpse.

"... it is only appropriate that we give Jin a proper burial. Again."

"Maybe that will trigger his second return, hmu hmu," Kokkoro comments, "do not be disheartened Master. He who dies twice can live twice."

@Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Ver @Kaykay @Crow @etcetcetc​
Remiu shrugged at Yuuki, sure, she liked a fight, and sure, she didn’t like Wakaba living, but that’s too much work to do to kill someone, and she preferred non-lethal fights, not ones where one might die.
“I thought I’ll accept it as well. Strange thing, how the mind works. But I let my instincts take control, and there I was, putting my sword away. If you ever get into a fight that isn’t quite so...barbaric, then I’ll gladly accept.”
To Reimu, she grew up fighting mainly in beautiful bullet patterns, and the sword and dueling method is rather unfamiliar with her, since she’s more of a spiritual fighter.

“Goodness...Sure, it was tragic the first time, but now, it’s just a corpse. Proper burial it is. Where should we bury him?”
Someone really needed to give the god of the afterlife a serious talk. You can’t bring back people willy-nilly if they die again! That’s what she thought.

@Crow @Yun Lee

View attachment 2981
"I agree. He deserves a proper burial. Teruteru. At least a quick one. We should have them for that before we continue on to the Zora and Rito, right?"

@Crow @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee

View attachment 2981
"I agree. He deserves a proper burial. Teruteru. At least a quick one. We should have them for that before we continue on to the Zora and Rito, right?"

@Crow @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee

"I will see if we can gather any shovels," Kokkoro says.

Yuuki, on the other hand, lifts Jin up.

"Your soul comes and goes. Maybe you should've told us where you went Jin. Maybe we could've found you there..."

@Alex Azure @MelodyMeister @Kaykay @Ver @Yun Lee

Reimu stared at Wakaba coldly, killing two to protect one, she found it petty, just an eye for an eye. Good thing she was caught, since there would be only one more killer now.
She drew her wind cleaver blade upon seeing Wakaba drop hers.

“Guilty hero, for murdering two, I demand the death penalty. It doesn’t matter she wanted to protect a friend, she still killed. My last decision was foolish.”
Now she thought of Nadeshiko’s reason was petty as well. Reimu had no true friends to speak of, she couldn’t know the love between people.

Swiftly turning her head to face the possessed Thor, and didn’t want to listen to his statement on the last traitor. If indeed they did kill all those people, then that last traitor must be a black hearted demon, the first three only killed due to pressure, there was no need to kill so much.

“Jin’s dead again, isn’t he? Don’t worry, he’ll come back like he did last time. The only thing now is to find the murderer of him, and the perpetrator of the massacre!”

She turned her blade to Wakaba again.
“But first, we need to deal with this one.”
@Yun Lee @Kaykay

@Crow @Yun Lee

Shallot had also come to the aid of Wakaba, but seeing this as it all played out, he joined Wakaba's side. Shallot soon walked up to her.

"I understand doing something to protect someone." Shallot said. "You don't deserve to die, not for that noble of a cause."

@Kaykay @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee

@Hida Tomonatsu @Jeremi
"Someone I care but had to leave behind," Jin replied with a sigh as he recalled the day they parted ways. Pushing her little boat away from the shore, towards the monastery that would provide her shelter... Her hand reaching out to try and touch him, hoping to bring him along. It was strange that so much time had passed yet he still remembered that evening under the rain perfectly; not for the fact that his blade had struck down the bodyguards easily and the pride it brought, but for the hopeful yet heart rending separation sending her away brought...

"Fate decreed that her husband would pay his gambling debts by using her as brothel meat. I objected as did she."

@Yun Lee

Dell looked around the group. "Hey, guys? How about we try to figure out what killed Jin first before we bury him?"

"Dell is right, but...we also need to hurry. We can do as before, with some of us splitting up into Rito Village, Zora's Domain, and staying briefly for an investigation."

"If you ask me, there's not much to investigate," Efi said. "This murder seems very straightforward."

"That's...really unsettling for a kid to say."

Thor had all his weapons from the start with him. As for the sludge... "Peter, no!" Zelda halted him from getting too close. "Malice is highly toxic. If you so much as touch it, it will begin poisoning you."

"That's the spirit!" Kaito clapped Wakaba on the back, a smile on his face. "You never stopped being my friend, by the way. Not even after this! You're all like blood siblings to me, after that time in the hot springs! But that being said...if our last Traitor is being treated the same way, step forward. We wanna help you!"

@Alex Azure @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Josh @Kaykay @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Minerva @Siege @Takumi @Ver @York

---

"What a pig!" Lee clicked his tongue in disgust at what he heard. "I trust you made sure she got away from him before he tried anything?"

@Hida Tomonatsu

Dell looked around the group. "Hey, guys? How about we try to figure out what killed Jin first before we bury him?"

"Dell is right, but...we also need to hurry. We can do as before, with some of us splitting up into Rito Village, Zora's Domain, and staying briefly for an investigation."

"If you ask me, there's not much to investigate," Efi said. "This murder seems very straightforward."

Thor had all his weapons from the start with him. As for the sludge... "Peter, no!" Zelda halted him from getting too close. "Malice is highly toxic. If you so much as touch it, it will begin poisoning you."

"That's the spirit!" Kaito clapped Wakaba on the back, a smile on his face. "You never stopped being my friend, by the way. Not even after this! You're all like blood siblings to me, after that time in the hot springs! But that being said...if our last Traitor is being treated the same way, step forward. We wanna help you!"

@Alex Azure @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Josh @Kaykay @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Minerva @Siege @Takumi @Ver @York

---

"What a pig!" Lee clicked his tongue in disgust at what he heard. "I trust you made sure she got away from him before he tried anything?"

@Hida Tomonatsu

View attachment 2988
"I'll head up to Zora's Domain. Good luck with the investigation here."

@Yun Lee @ZORA'S​

---

@Hida Tomonatsu
"Out of her room's window, the husband's Oban thrown in his face," Jin replied with a soft chuckle, recalling the aghast sound the man made as gold and silver coins smacked him in the face as his victim escaped, "After that... I guided her to a boat that would take her to a sympathetic monastery down river. By the law, her request for shelter and penance would annul her marriage if she stayed under their care long enough, freeing her to do as she wished afterwards."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee

❝ ... I didn't even get to say something to him. ❞ Nadeshiko mumbled in disbelief at the scene in front of her. Ever since Jin had come back from the dead quite literally, she felt the aching feeling of shame and didn't really say anything to him. It was a weird and awkward feeling after she had been exposed and redeemed at this time, but it was soul-crushing to see the man be killed again.

❝ Uh, we'll be at the Rito Village... ❞ Ellie could tell that Nadeshiko wasn't really going to be okay by staying here, guiding the girl away and towards the Rito Village.

@Yun Lee

Update

"Wakaba..." Kaito was finally able to at her, gearing up to give her a speech. "Don't talk in nonsense like that! No one is gonna kill you, because-"

"Because no one thinks your life is worth ending, girl."

A voice piped up from the front of the group, a voice usually known as friendly and helpful. But now, there was something cruel about it, something mocking. Kaito looked up, and a look of surprise crossed his features.

"...Thor? You all right there, buddy?"

"Heh." The Asgardian chuckled darkly, smirking at the group around him. "Oh no, I'm not. I'm afraid your dear friend Thor is...no longer with us."

"What the Hell?" Dell actually looked concerned and not annoyed. "What's gotten into you?"

"Such an ironic question. Inside this vessel is a large quantity of Malice...or, should I say...a fatal quantity."

Margreet gasped. "Thor is...dead? But who-"

"I know who it is." Zelda stepped forward, a stone cold glare on her face. "Ganondorf."

"Ah, the wise little princess is right again! Just like she's been right about every little thing so far. Your little notes on the cases, and your little friends have taken away two of my Traitors. I would commend you, Princess...if it was actually impressive."

Zelda clenched her fist. "We will stop you," she said. "We kept you locked away for a year-"

"Stopped me? My dear, all you've done is prolong my inevitable rise to power. Your little childish games are nothing. Speaking of children..." His eyes wandered to his three former Traitors, glaring at them all. "I should never have chosen them for this task. An error on my part, really. But I'm remedyimg this situation quite nicely."

"Yeah, by killing members of our group!" Kaito roared. "We know it's you doing all those murders!"

"Oh no, no, no. You misunderstand. See, I haven't been killing anyone. You have."

"W-What?! No way, I would never-!"

"Fool! One of you is killing. The only deaths have been amongst yourselves. The same person who killed Diana and those others administed the dose of Malice to Thor while he slept so that I may possess his body for a brief time. A time that is now running out, but I believe that I have used it well enough. They walk among you, and will no doubt kill again!"

"You...you!" Margreet stepped forward, enraged. "You'll pay for this!"

"Aww...what are you going to do, harlot? Throw your clothes at me?" He scoffed and looked around. "Oh...before I go, thank you, Wakaba. You were an utter failure, just like Ellie and Nadeshiko...but at least your little sob story bought my final Traitor some time. Farewell, everyone. I can't wait to see you all again in two days...when I actually can kill you. Mhmhmhm, ahahahahaha!"

Suddenly, the laughter stopped, and Thor's body fell to the ground.

"Why that....he..." Margreet could only stammer in response to that display.

"He's such a monster..." Zelda said. "I...we must stop him at all costs. I can't have him in my kingdom any longer!"

"He said one of us is doing this, but...wouldn't that make them a Traitor, then?" Dell asked, perplexed. "And buy his Traitor time...what did that mean?"

"Um..." Efi spoke up, staring at something on the ground behind them all. "I...I think I know."

As everyone look, Kaito exclaimed, "Not again!"

For the second time, Jin had been murdered.

---

Jin would once again wake up on Eventide Island, by the shrine. At least another Traitor was found...

@Hida Tomonatsu

---

@Hida Tomonatsu

47 blinked for a moment as he noticed Jin's corpse on the ground. He missed the killer again. And this time, he didn't even see the killer. He didn't even notice it happening. What was wrong with him? Right now, there was one last traitor left. And they had to find the traitor fast. For now, 47 went along with Grievous to Rito Village.

"Not now Superman," Kokkoro retorts, "we're busy."

Yuuki, wanting to stay until he could bury it, examines the body.

"Wonder what arrow was used this time."

@Yun Lee @Josh

Kaito glowered at the "superhero" as he returned.

"Finding three out of four Traitors, no thanks to you," he said.

"Kaito, hush!" Margreet smiled at Prime. "We're off to recruit pilots for Divine Beasts, if you'd like to help us."

Yuuki would find that no arrows had been used on Jin. But you could see his chest was crushed in, ribs feeling as if they'd been broken. A small trail of blood was the only other thing to see.

@Josh @Crow @Everyone

---

latest

Rito Village was a beautiful place, clearly one for the birds. Quite literally, Rito people did seem to be birds. They resided on a mountain in the middle of a lake, their village a spiral walkway with outdoor platforms as buildings. Once they reached the Shrine, they were greeted by beautiful accordion music, its source a large blue Rito.

BotW_Kass_Model.png

@Gummi Bunnies @Donder172

---

800px-BotW_Zora%27s_Domain.png

Zora's Domain looked almost too beautiful to be real. Silver and crystal made up the lovely place, which seemed more like a giant gazebo than a village.

The second you got to the Shrine, someone gave you a boisterous welcome.

latest

"WELCOME TO ZORA'S DOMAIN, FRIENDS! It's wonderful to see you all again!"

"Prince Sidon! It's so good to see you!" Margreet greeted as she arrived.

@Alex Azure

---

"Good on you, Jin. I'm sure you'll be very happy together." He was silent a bit as he ate, looking out over the sea. "I don't have a woman waiting for me. Just a business of my own making and two idiot nephews." A pause. "Heh. I say that, but you know? I do miss them. They're young men, and just as bad as any youth-impulsive, cocky, foolish...but they're good boys."

@Hida Tomonatsu @Jeremi

Kaito glowered at the "superhero" as he returned.

"Finding three out of four Traitors, no thanks to you," he said.

"Kaito, hush!" Margreet smiled at Prime. "We're off to recruit pilots for Divine Beasts, if you'd like to help us."

Yuuki would find that no arrows had been used on Jin. But you could see his chest was crushed in, ribs feeling as if they'd been broken. A small trail of blood was the only other thing to see.

@Josh @Crow @Everyone

"Is there a way to differentiate between the strike of a Stone Smasher and that of one of those Clubs?" Yuuki asks.

@Yun Lee @Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back