Status
Not open for further replies.
Dagran's block would land, as would the punch of his own. Christopher grunted as he was sent to the ground, but then got up and rushed at Dagran, ropes at the ready. It was clear he intended to restrain Dagran and prevent him from doing anything else.

@Takumi @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost

---

Medb cried out, more in indignation than pain, as Candi slapped her. As she whirled around to do it again, though, Medb grabbed the magical hair, aiming the machine gun right at Candi's abdomen. "How dare you assault me so cheekily?! Normally I'd torture you, but you leave me no choice! Any last words, you brat?"

@will30358 @Crow

---

The girl didn't respond to Ashe at all; in fact, she didn't even seem to move even a fraction of an inch. It was about this time that Ashe would smell something putrid, akin to how that soldier smelled back in their first puzzle...

@Crimson Spartan

---

Akande peeked his head into the room, as if sizing it up for himself. "If we all rushed in at once, perhaps we could each get an armful of weapons...and possibly equip Ashe and Moira, since they may not find anything, in the event that we are pursued afterwards. That also means that if someone is waiting in there, they won't be able to take us all on at once." He shrugged. "But that's just my idea."

@Gummi Bunnies @York

Grabbing the piece of glass Pyke handed him moments ago as a form of defence, Dagran jumped back, and if Christopher got to close (or in this case close enough), would swipe at his face with the glass shard to hopefully throw him off!

@Yun Lee @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Dagran's block would land, as would the punch of his own. Christopher grunted as he was sent to the ground, but then got up and rushed at Dagran, ropes at the ready. It was clear he intended to restrain Dagran and prevent him from doing anything else.

---

Medb cried out, more in indignation than pain, as Candi slapped her. As she whirled around to do it again, though, Medb grabbed the magical hair, aiming the machine gun right at Candi's abdomen. "How dare you assault me so cheekily?! Normally I'd torture you, but you leave me no choice! Any last words, you brat?"

@will30358 @Crow

---

The girl didn't respond to Ashe at all; in fact, she didn't even seem to move even a fraction of an inch. It was about this time that Ashe would smell something putrid, akin to how that soldier smelled back in their first puzzle...

@Crimson Spartan

---

Akande peeked his head into the room, as if sizing it up for himself. "If we all rushed in at once, perhaps we could each get an armful of weapons...and possibly equip Ashe and Moira, since they may not find anything, in the event that we are pursued afterwards. That also means that if someone is waiting in there, they won't be able to take us all on at once." He shrugged. "But that's just my idea."

@Gummi Bunnies @York
Candi, before she was done speaking, sent her other extended braid flying to whack the other side of her face, hoping Megatron had an idea.​

---

@will30358 @Crow

---

@Crimson Spartan

---

@Gummi Bunnies @York

...How did he not pick up on this earlier...? That smell it smelled like that one room they got to right after leaving the cells. He had assumed it had come from that soldier he had chosen to observe from afar at that time. Thinking it to be some sort of infection he had stayed away now though it seemed to have claimed this girl.

'She's dead it seems.... I should go back and report my findings but perhaps I can learn something by examining her...' Ashe thought to himself before slowly approaching where the girl was to get a closer look at her. With his medical knowledge he thought that perhaps he might be able to locate easier identifiable symptoms of whatever this possible infection was.

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Donder172 @FactoryPeeps

---

@will30358 @Crow

---

@Crimson Spartan

---

@Gummi Bunnies @York
Candi, before she was done speaking, sent her other extended braid flying to whack the other side of her face, hoping Megatron had an idea.​

As Medb gave a request for Candi's last words, Megatron quickly turned a hundred and eighty degrees and intentionally allowed the truck to touch his hind bumper. This hind bumper area transformed into a pair of legs, followed by the rest of the car turning into good old Megatron.

3ebxhH6.jpg

"Hya!"

Megatron unleashed his improvised tonfas and smacked them through the glass pane of the truck, aiming one of them for the driver!

This had to throw the truck off.

@Yun Lee @will30358

Pyke
@Ver @Jeremi @Crow @will30358 @Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MainPlan
Meanwhile Dhaos was still fighting off Azrael. Though perhaps fighting was not the best word for it, it was rather Dhaos trying to fend off an oncoming storm. "Hahaha! You got my blood boiling! I'm looking forward to devouring you!"

At this point Dhaos didn't even know if the man meant it in a figurative or literal sensem the only thing Dhaos knew was if he didn't find an opening soon then this battle was over for him. While his foe looked human his thirst for battle was overwhelming.

Rattlor was too focused on his potential prey to see the water phantom coming towards him. The impact caused him to be pushed towards Pyke and his uppercut his head snapping back from the blow. "You have interesting powers..." Rattlor's head returned back and glared at Pyke. "Perhaps I should switch my focus?" As Rattlor said that his neck extended forward growing in length trying to bite down on Pyke's shoulder and bring him in closer.

@Ottonomous Ghost
"Haha!" Pyke yelled unconsciously, taking great satisfaction from the successful attack. This faded quickly, however, as he noticed Dhaos's predicament out of the corner of his eye. Remaining focused on Rattlor, he was amused that his adversary's head could snap back like that. "Guess you really are a snake," he remarked before pondering the other ramifications of this discovery. He noticed that Rattlor's neck was shifting strangely in the moments before it lunged toward him. He crouched low, gathering strength in his legs, and then swiftly rolled to the right, dashing away from impending doom.

After speedily recovering, he remained in a low stance and went for a kick on the back of his opponent's knee (or wherever the equivalent was for a snake man), grunting as he did so. If successful, he would immediately take advantage of the bought time, rushing over to help Dhaos. Becoming increasingly affected by an unusual passion to help his crew, he used his momentum to try and shoulder bash Azrael, intending to knock him over and free the half-elf from the messy fight.​

Last edited:
Fortunately for him, that was one move Christopher was able to dodge. Though now, he opted to tackle Dagran in an attempt to knock the shard away, or at least keep him distracted from cutting the rope any further!

@Takumi @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT

---

Candi and Medb wouldn't have to worry about injuring each other; as Megatron attacked, Pheros shrieked and let go of the wheel. The truck began to turn rapidly to the right, towards an oncoming building. But Medb clung onto Candi's hair for dear life, which would either pull Candi to the truck, or get Medb away from it.

@will30358 @Crow

---

Fortunately (or not), the girl had succumbed to a different fate than the soldier. The stench, though, was fairly evidently from having been decomposing for a long time, at least a week. She had been stabbed clean through the side, but the weapon that had killed her was gone. What wasn't gone was a pistol lodged in her other hand, which was free for the taking...granted you removed it, first.

@Crimson Spartan

Fortunately for him, that was one move Christopher was able to dodge. Though now, he opted to tackle Dagran in an attempt to knock the shard away, or at least keep him distracted from cutting the rope any further!

---

Candi and Medb wouldn't have to worry about injuring each other; as Megatron attacked, Pheros shrieked and let go of the wheel. The truck began to turn rapidly to the right, towards an oncoming building. But Medb clung onto Candi's hair for dear life, which would either pull Candi to the truck, or get Medb away from it.

@will30358 @Crow

---

Fortunately (or not), the girl had succumbed to a different fate than the soldier. The stench, though, was fairly evidently from having been decomposing for a long time, at least a week. She had been stabbed clean through the side, but the weapon that had killed her was gone. What wasn't gone was a pistol lodged in her other hand, which was free for the taking...granted you removed it, first.

@Crimson Spartan

Grunting as he was tackled, Dagran did his best to keep his grip on the glass shard, and brought his fist down onto Christopher's head with his other. Hopefully, even if the shard fell out of his hand someone else could end up getting those ropes cut to free Izuru and Larxene while he tried dealong with Christopher.

@Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver

Will Nines

Will looked over at her and wondered where Matt was. He got worried when he didn't answer. He couldn't exactly do that thing if there was an enemy or a thing would happen. He walked forward to show that he was going with her to help. " I will help as much as possible, but I can't exactly …. you know... or boom," he said to her.

@Jeremi

"I wasn't going to let you slink out of coming with me anyway,"
Nadine responded motioning Will to follow. They got further in finding the same decay as everywhere else. Next to a knocked over clothes rack they found something else...blood. "Shit." Nadine readied her bow string and aimed around the area, but she couldn't find anything other than a faint blood trail leading back out from the store.

@Will

Pyke
@Ver @Jeremi @Crow @will30358 @Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MainPlan

"Haha!" Pyke yelled unconsciously, taking great satisfaction from the successful attack. This faded quickly, however, as he noticed Dhaos's predicament out of the corner of his eye. Remaining focused on Rattlor, he was amused that his adversary's head could snap back like that. "Guess you really are a snake," he remarked before pondering the other ramifications of this discovery. He noticed that Rattlor's neck was shifting strangely in the moments before it lunged toward him. He crouched low, gathering strength in his legs, and then swiftly rolled to the right, dashing away from impending doom.

After speedily recovering, he remained in a low stance and went for a kick on the back of his opponent's knee (or wherever the equivalent was for a snake man), grunting as he did so. If successful, he would immediately take advantage of the bought time, rushing over to help Dhaos. Becoming increasingly affected by an unusual passion to help his crew, he used his momentum to try and shoulder bash Azrael, intending to knock him over and free the half-elf from the messy fight.​

Rattlor was momentarily dazed as Pyke made a mad dash towards Dhaos who was still fighting Azrael for dear life. The bash allowed Dhaos a moment of respite. "...Thank you for the assistance," Dhaos replied with a strained tone, clearly despite the change of heart from earlier the man still had a hard time to say thank you.

Rattlor meanwhile was ready to pounce on Pyke but before he could he was slammed right in the side by a pick up truck that sent him flying towards where Slipknot and Dagran were fighting knocking the master of rope to the ground.

"Get in, idiots!" In the driver seat there was no other than Ashley Barton. "And you!" She shouted to Candi. "Leave the skank alone and get in Megatron! We're busting outta here!" Seeing as Azrael was collecting himself Dhaos made a dash to the truck and jumped in the back. Hopefully everyone followed his lead and both the pick up truck and Megatron were full

With the pedal to the metal Ashley drove off into the desolate streets. "That's my car!" Jasper cried having finally managed to pry herself free from the car she had hit earlier.​

---

@will30358 @Crow

---

@Crimson Spartan
"I wasn't going to let you slink out of coming with me anyway," Nadine responded motioning Will to follow. They got further in finding the same decay as everywhere else. Next to a knocked over clothes rack they found something else...blood. "Shit." Nadine readied her bow string and aimed around the area, but she couldn't find anything other than a faint blood trail leading back out from the store.

@Will

Rattlor was momentarily dazed as Pyke made a mad dash towards Dhaos who was still fighting Azrael for dear life. The bash allowed Dhaos a moment of respite. "...Thank you for the assistance," Dhaos replied with a strained tone, clearly despite the change of heart from earlier the man still had a hard time to say thank you.

Rattlor meanwhile was ready to pounce on Pyke but before he could he was slammed right in the side by a pick up truck that sent him flying towards where Slipknot and Dagran were fighting knocking the master of rope to the ground.

"Get in, idiots!" In the driver seat there was no other than Ashley Barton. "And you!" She shouted to Candi. "Leave the skank alone and get in Megatron! We're busting outta here!" Seeing as Azrael was collecting himself Dhaos made a dash to the truck and jumped in the back. Hopefully everyone followed his lead and both the pick up truck and Megatron were full

With the pedal to the metal Ashley drove off into the desolate streets. "That's my car!" Jasper cried having finally managed to pry herself free from the car she had hit earlier.​

Megatron took a jump to evade the truck's fate, angling himself and transforming into his Beetle mode so that Candi could be engulfed into him, while part of her hair, with Mebd on it, would be clamped by the door. After forcing seatbelts on Candi, he began to spin in circles, the momentum causing Mebd to spin like mad as well, hopefully causing her to let go.

After that, Megatron joined Ashley on the road.

@Ver @Jeremi @Crow @will30358@Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MainPlan​

---

@will30358 @Crow

---

@Crimson Spartan

'I see... Judging by the smell alone she's been dead for some time. Looks like it's due to that stab would.'

'Though that pistol....could be useful and it's not like she'll be needing it anymore' Ashe thought to himself figuring that it would be best to take that pistol. Knowing the difficult task ahead of him of actually getting that pistol free from her hand Ashe slowly got to work on freeing the pistol from her hand. His movements were slow and careful as he listened out for anything that may sound out of place near him as he still suspected a possible trap.

Will Nines

Will hadn't planned on it anyway and followed her and looked over at her with concern when they reached the decay and he paused. " I'm about to do something kind of weird, so don't freak out," Will replied looking over at Nadine, before picking up some of the blood and bringing it to his tongue to analyze it to see if it was indeed Matt's blood. Once he got a possible response back from his system, he would look to see if she wanted to follow the blood trail.

@Jeremi

Will Nines

Will hadn't planned on it anyway and followed her and looked over at her with concern when they reached the decay and he paused. " I'm about to do something kind of weird, so don't freak out," Will replied looking over at Nadine, before picking up some of the blood and bringing it to his tongue to analyze it to see if it was indeed Matt's blood. Once he got a possible response back from his system, he would look to see if she wanted to follow the blood trail.

@Jeremi

While Will couldn't discern with the investigation if it was in fact Matt's blood, the investigation revealed that it was indeed human blood. "I was raised by wolves. Licking blood is not something I find weird," Came Nadine's abrupt response as she had her bow readied towards the entrance, as if waiting for something to attack them.

@Lucky

Grunting as he was tackled, Dagran did his best to keep his grip on the glass shard, and brought his fist down onto Christopher's head with his other. Hopefully, even if the shard fell out of his hand someone else could end up getting those ropes cut to free Izuru and Larxene while he tried dealong with Christopher.

After the attack, Pyke's breathing was audible, evidently exerting himself a bit too much with no water nearby. The air felt very stale. Nevertheless, he smiled at the prince beneath his mask. "You pulled your weight," he responded. "Crews share the effort." After the brief moment of conversation, the harpooner's eyes snapped back to his previous enemy, who was about to ambush him. When the car smashed into Rattlor just before he could do that, it was as though Nagakabouros, the god worshiped by the city of Bilgewater, had granted Pyke her blessing. He blinked a couple times as he processed what just happened, and then promptly got into the back of the truck, but not before going over to Dagran to help him up again. Patting the mercenary on the back, Pyke said, "Good work. Now we gotta go."

The only vehicle he's ever been in was a ship, so this would be an experience. In fact, throughout this whole mission, the Bloodharbor Ripper had never felt more human ever since he drowned in the sea all those years ago. The act of working with a crew again must've reminded him of the times when he was alive. The satisfaction would not last forever, however. There were far too many captains to deal with who happen to not be on his mind at the moment.​

In almost a comical fashion (and highly indignant for a queen), Medb was launched into the air and flew right into Jasper, crashing into the Gem at the same time that Pheros crashed into a streetlight. She wasn't even fully to her feet before she started screaming her head off. "Grr...GET THEM! DON'T YOU DARE LET THEM GET AWAY!!!" She glared daggers at her driver, who stumbled out of the wrecked truck, cut up from glass but otherwise unharmed. "Pheros! You stay behind and watch the station! Christopher, you're my driver!"

"Great."

In no time at all, Christopher had the convertible running, and with the top down, Medb led the chase. It was on now!

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @will30358

---

The fingers, though stiff, gave way with a fair amount of ease. Ashe would find the gun came with five bullets, the sixth one already used. Moira had now arrived beside him. Seeing the corpse, she didn't react much. "Ah, I remember her. She was one of the Riders...I suppose an Other got to her?"

@Crimson Spartan

Larxene-Emote-31.png

"I hate to leave a good tango unfinished, but...!" Larxene exclaimed, waving toward the so-called riders with an almost taunting edge, before leaping into the air. Instead of settling inside the truck, the blonde opted to settle on top of the vehicle, where she thought to provide support and stave off the riders as they'd inevitably give chase.

"Unless you wanna try and catch me? Tempting, isn't it?"

Facing the direction of the driver's seat, Larxene briefly called out to Ashley, slapping her hand upon the top of the truck as she did so. "Well? Let's get a move on then!"

@Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @will30358 @Crow @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @MainPlan

In almost a comical fashion (and highly indignant for a queen), Medb was launched into the air and flew right into Jasper, crashing into the Gem at the same time that Pheros crashed into a streetlight. She wasn't even fully to her feet before she started screaming her head off. "Grr...GET THEM! DON'T YOU DARE LET THEM GET AWAY!!!" She glared daggers at her driver, who stumbled out of the wrecked truck, cut up from glass but otherwise unharmed. "Pheros! You stay behind and watch the station! Christopher, you're my driver!"

"Great."

In no time at all, Christopher had the convertible running, and with the top down, Medb led the chase. It was on now!

---

The fingers, though stiff, gave way with a fair amount of ease. Ashe would find the gun came with five bullets, the sixth one already used. Moira had now arrived beside him. Seeing the corpse, she didn't react much. "Ah, I remember her. She was one of the Riders...I suppose an Other got to her?"

@Crimson Spartan
Candi looked at Megatron with a worried expression when she saw Medb's fury. Wow. This lady has some issues, Cnaid thought before jetting to Megatron and jumping on his back. "Um, Megatron? I think you kinda sorta maybe need to transform for this one!"

@Crow

"Great."

---

@Crimson Spartan

As Slipknot and Medb drove off, so did Azrael and Rattler who had recovered from the previous attack. Azrael with a wide grin on his face leaped into the driving seat of a Hummer as he quickly followed after the escaping group. "You wont escape my grasp that easily!"

Rattlor meanwhile made his way to a heavy looking trike that he kicked to life and drove after. Both of them quickly flanked Medb's ride as they all were after them.

Larxene-Emote-31.png

"I hate to leave a good tango unfinished, but...!" Larxene exclaimed, waving toward the so-called riders with an almost taunting edge, before leaping into the air. Instead of settling inside the truck, the blonde opted to settle on top of the vehicle, where she thought to provide support and stave off the riders as they'd inevitably give chase.

"Unless you wanna try and catch me? Tempting, isn't it?"

Facing the direction of the driver's seat, Larxene briefly called out to Ashley, slapping her hand upon the top of the truck as she did so. "Well? Let's get a move on then!"

@Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @will30358 @Crow @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @MainPlan

"Fucking backseat drivers," Ashley mumbled. "You think I wouldn't be driving faster if I could?!" Looking in the mirror she'd notice the caravan after them. "We got to get them to follow us to the location! I'm gonna try to drive the fastest way there but I ain't making any promises! If they get close just, I dunno stall them somehow!"

Dhaos looked from the back of the truck to their foes coming closer. "By how you spoke of them I thought there would be more of them."

"Well shit, sorry I haven't been keeping count on how many of them were still kicking!" Ashley shouted from the front as went through a sharp turn to avoid some debris on the road. "If you want to fight them alone I can gladly oblige!"

"That...wont be necessary,"
Dhaos grumbled looking back at them. He had to admit at his current level Azrael would defeat him rather handily on his own, not to mention the giant snake man...the guy with the rope didn't seem to be no laughing matter either.

"Great."

---

@Crimson Spartan

Oh good....Ashe managed to get the gun and it had bullets! Always a plus but he was soon very aware of Moira being next to him as she spoke about the body.

"Hmm...these 'Others'.... If you don't mind me asking what exactly are they...?" Ashe decides to ask Moira deciding it was best to ask about this. Considering they may run into these 'Others' it may be handy to know information on them.

"Criminally insane." Moira said, still staring at the body. "The Others come by their name honestly-they're a mix of different species, cultures, even time periods...but all of them have in common a cutthroat and bloodthirsty nature. The ones that don't I doubt lasted long."

After a silent moment, she added, "As I said, we had limited interaction with them, save for the brief amount of time they needed to decimate our numbers. I do recall a robotic entity not unlike the one on your team, and a barbarian who looked to be from centuries ago. Judging by the stab wound on that girl, I would guess that was his doing."

@Crimson Spartan

Will Nines

Will couldn't tell if it was Matt's blood in particular, but he could tell it was human. He wasn't sure that was good or bad. Usually he could get more specifics. Maybe his hardware was more damaged then he knew. " It's more of a precaution. Many of the humans who my previous selves worked with weren't happy when the other androids licked blood. It's definitely human blood," he said to her.

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back