Status
Not open for further replies.
“Heh heh... and Sarge said I couldn’t ever get a girlfriend with my (hic) attitude.” Grif mused as he took another large swig of beer.

“That’s because you can’t, numbnuts! I smell a trap! Or a rat! Or a... a rat in a trap!Sarge said as he turned to face Vert. “What’s your game here, woman?”

"Hmhm. Knowing you, Sarge, you'll find a way to make everyone else not believe him." Vert exclaimed with a chuckle, then began taking another sip of the tea she brought over. She then noticed...

Kirby sat next to Vert and made a very happy noise. He considered himself good at video games, even when his stubby arms made it appear impossible. However, he would give them a try.

Kirby walked over to Vert just before she got up and walked off, and called over to them. "Kirby? Came on over here~ I didn't mean to leave you like that~"

@Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure

"Hmhm. Knowing you, Sarge, you'll find a way to make everyone else not believe him." Vert exclaimed with a chuckle, then began taking another sip of the tea she brought over. She then noticed...

Kirby walked over to Vert just before she got up and walked off, and called over to them. "Kirby? Came on over here~ I didn't mean to leave you like that~"

“Oh, I getcha! You’re trying to make me look good!” Sarge exclaimed. “Well, while I’m of course flattered by your attempts, just about anything looks great in comparison to Grif! Like a turd sandwich or a crusty old lady!”

Meanwhile, Grif had stumbled his way on over to Starscream, the soldier having rested his elbow on Starscream’s side.

“Y-y’know Starscream? You’re a pretty fuckin cool guy, if I do say so myself! I mean ya got guns all over you, you can turn into a jet, ya got some sick-ass dance moves... you’re just fuckin’ great!”

@Raynar Saassin @Crow

“Oh, I getcha! You’re trying to make me look good!” Sarge exclaimed. “Well, while I’m of course flattered by your attempts, just about anything looks great in comparison to Grif! Like a turd sandwich or a crusty old lady!”

"Hm hm hm... I suppose so." Vert responded with a chuckle as she continued drinking. "So aside from leading the Red Team, is there anything else that you do? Any stories you wish to share to buy the time? I don't think you'd find anything from me to be particularly interesting... Unless I'm mistaken."

@Raptor Jesus

Krystal walked over to Vert as well, wanting to talk with her. "I don't believe you and I got a chance to meet. I'm Krystal McCloud." Krystal said to Vert.

@Raynar Saassin

Peter Quill/ Star-Lord

Quill was really inclined to punch Grif. He would rather not drink right now as he was relived as Grif took his arm off of his shoulder. The strong smell of alcohol was something that he would rather not have had on him now.

Quill didn't mind drinking, but he didn't think now was a good time to drink. He noticed Nathan move closer to him and nodded. " Yeah, let's get as far away from the drunk man as possible. I don't think being near him will be good."

@Space_Candy

Krystal walked over to Vert as well, wanting to talk with her. "I don't believe you and I got a chance to meet. I'm Krystal McCloud." Krystal said to Vert.

"I don't think so either~ Greetings, Krystal. I remember seeing you around, but never got the chance to talk. I'm Vert or Lady Green Heart. A pleasure~" Vert responded with a smile, tipping her glass slightly and then taking a sip.

@Siege

Kirby hurried over, quick as a whistle. His tiny feet could move surprisingly fast.

@Raynar Saassin @Raptor Jesus

"I don't think so either~ Greetings, Krystal. I remember seeing you around, but never got the chance to talk. I'm Vert or Lady Green Heart. A pleasure~" Vert responded with a smile, tipping her glass slightly and then taking a sip.

@Siege

"A pleasure to meet you as well." Krystal said. "Where is it like where you come from?"

@Raynar Saassin

Last edited:
cymAZhh.png

"Uhhh... OK... thank you..."

Starscream was weirded out as the absolute drunkard Grif drunk-complimented him. Starscream was never one for the rougher variants of alcohol, only the finest of refined Visco to drink in class back when Cybertron was active. It was essentially the Cybertronian equivalent of Champagne!

The drunkards would soon multiply, it seemed. It was only a matter of seconds before such a thing occured

"How long does this usually last?" Starscream asks.

@Raptor Jesus @Raynar Saassin @etcetcetc​

Perhaps for Sarek, who had not experienced the alternate universe of the Terrans, seeing familiar faces under these conditions was a surprise, but for Burnham, she felt this was almost inevitable. She stared at Spock and nodded as if it all made sense to her. They had not had a family meeting like this in quite some time, and truthfully, it was not very long ago that Burnham felt such a meeting was never to happen again. She wondered briefly how history was different in this universe, deciding after a moment she did not really want to know.

"A discussion should occur," Burnham said, clasping her hands together at her waist and feeling a buzz of nervousness, "but we will need to provide you with full disclosure. At the moment, we currently have on board what are essentially refugees from different universes. We have experienced a strange and serious anomaly which resulted in these individuals becoming trapped on board. I believe that any further discussion should involve these individuals, both because we alone lack the resources to understand what brought them here and that they have a right to be a part of what is happening."

@Ver

"I don't need anything at all from you," Elliot said to Quill, more matter-of-factly than mean. If there was anything he had come to the conclusion on, it was that he never wanted to be the one who had to say 'thanks.' "I am a self-sufficient individual, but I wonder if you could say the same."

He then looked at Emily, listening to her intently at first, but finding what she had to say to be lacking. "We are not alone?" he said, with a scoff. "That is one of the most utterly ridiculous things I have heard in all of my life. Maybe that is only because I have been alone all my life, but I am hardly unique in that case. We are all ultimately alone, you should know this. You are your own person and that is all you can be. By the nature of existence, you are a single entity." He leaned in, his brow furrowing as he ignored Grif's drunken nonsense. "You are most alone when you die. You never really think about it, until you're on death's door. Don't you know?"

He then got out of Emily's personal space and nodded toward Peter. "That is the most sensical thing you've said so far. This drunkard is beneath us."

@Raptor Jesus @York @Space_Candy @Lucky

"Sheila, are you all right?" Gakupo decided to check in on the supervillain for the time being, as everyone else in the delegate group had been accounted for. "Those creatures didn't harm you or anything, did they?"

Gumi, meanwhile, listened to Elliot's conversation. "Woah. You're really emo, huh? Want some cake? If you put honey on it its super nasty sweet!"

@Josh @Atomic Knight @Minerva @York @Lucky @Space_Candy

With Burnham busy, one of the nearby crew members responded to Mizelia's inquiry. "We already have personnel doing damage assessment and treating the wounded," he said, looking sad. "We are gathering our fallen as well for a vigil to be held once we are under safer conditions. It is at the request of the Security Personnel that you all stay put. I don't know the status of our comms currently, but I imagine if you all need them, you will be outfitted with them soon enough."

As for Meceliss, there was little to see outside the deck beyond the crew quarters, which most were on lockdown.

@Donder172

Elliot peered at Gumi with a suspicious gaze. "... I do not know what 'emo' means."

@Yun Lee

Story Update
"Boarding the Enterprise"

After some slight confusion and inquiries, Kirk agreed to include the Discovery's guests as part of their meeting. Preparations went underway.

bcbb040f3ca221a844136257e39951c7.png

As time passed, everyone was taken to the transporter rooms of the Discovery, along with Sarek and Burnham, to be beamed over to the ship that they had just come into contact with, known as the Enterprise, whatever being "beamed" really meant.

Until the group experienced it firsthand. Perhaps it was fortunate that no one explained the full nature of what it meant to be beamed, for fear that it might have made a person or two uneasy, but essentially, all that happened was that one felt a beam of light envelop them as they felt lighter with every second, before it all suddenly stopped, and as the light faded, they found themselves in a highly similar room, surrounded by the crew members of the Enterprise, as seen with how their outfits were more colorful than the Discovery crew's, and from there, a small, tedious ordeal was undergone as everyonel had to be scanned, along with their quantum signatures, to ensure that they were truly from another place.

After all that was taken care of, everyone was finally able to meet with the Enterprise senior staff in their conference room. There, they were able to be swiftly caught up and grasp the situation that everyone was in, taking it surprisingly well, as though the incident wasn't that much of an unusual one.

tumblr_inline_nk7r75_Land1t92dwi.jpg

"So to paraphrase," Captain Kirk breathed, sitting at the front of the conference table, "Thanks to the attempted use of the mycelial network, the Discovery accidentally got caught in an anomaly that also ended up transporting all you guys on board as well," he said, briefly pointing to you all, "and when you attempted to use it again to launch yourself back home, you ended up here instead?"

"Essentially," Sarek nodded.

"That's quite a bit to take in, especially considering that spore drive research was decommissioned and discouraged shortly after the end of the Klingon-Federation War, in favor of further research on warp drive... and I can certainly see why now."

"If the spore drive technology was used as part of your history as well," Burnham said, "then is there any sort of record of this kind of incident occurring in the past?"

tumblr_inline_ngqq8ie_YOj1sk47ji.jpg

"No incident like this has ever been reported to Starfleet," Spock responded matter-of-factly. "This technology had always been considered unstable and volatile from the start, and there was hardly much of a use for it, at least after the war."

"Still, with your spore drive equipped and your quantum signatures in our databanks, we might be able to help you return to where you came from, as I've researched the process of how the drives exactly work. Perhaps if we link our networks together, with the Enterprise acting as something akin to an anchor or a slingshot, we could propel the Discovery back to its home. In theory, at least."

"It sounds to me you have no idea how to fix this," Elliot said, relishing the fact he was able to be present for this conversation.

"The coordinates of your universe likely differ from ours." Burnham looked pensive as she considered Spock's suggestion. "And while our Chief Engineer says he should, in theory, be able to navigate any mycelial network that exists, adding your ships' network to our should only improve our trajectory. Then, hopefully, once we've figured out that issue, the matter of bringing everyone back to their respective universes will come naturally to us."

tumblr_inline_nk7r1tgq_CT1t92dwi.jpg

"It's worth a shot if nothing else, though I can't guarantee that it'll work. Considering that kind of technology only had a few years worth of research before it was essentially abandoned, it's a bit of a long shot, but it is also your best bet," Kirk warned. Before anyone could say anything else though, a soft beep could be heard on Kirk's form, followed by a male voice, contained in a comm link.

"Captain, are you there?"

Pressing the emblem on his chest, as it turned out to be some sort of button, Kirk replied to the comm link. "Go ahead, Scotty. What can I do for you?"

"You're not gonna like this, sir. You might wanna look at it for yourself. Until then, I'm afraid we won't be going anywhere."

"On my way then," Kirk sighed tiredly, before looking at everyone, "I suppose the plan will have to wait then. I have some... business to attend to. If you'd like, you're all free to come with me down to Engineering and see what the problem is, though I'm not gonna force you to do anything. Feel free to help yourself to the recreational facilities instead if you'd rather. The Discovery may be a Crossfield-class starship, but our facilities should essentially be the same in terms of basic function. If that's all, this conference is dismissed."

"Is that it?" Elliot questioned, looking annoyed. "You brought us to let us talk, but you've largely come to this decision on your own. You people, with your Discovery, seem more concerned about getting yourselves home before us."

Burnham exchanged a cautious glance with Kirk. "You need to understand that we really know little more than all of you about how to proceed. We're doing the best we can."

"How about this," Kirk said, sounding amicable, "those that remain here can ask Spock whatever questions they may have. Toss him suggestions if you think you have any bright ones. Sound good?"

From there, everyone was free to do whichever option they pleased.

@ThatAverageGuy @Jeremi @Josh @York @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Siege @dark @Donder172 @Takumi @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Archmage Jeremiah @Raptor Jesus @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Raynar Saassin @Otto @Minerva

"More trouble...?" Gakupo sighed. "I suppose I'll head over to Engineering, then. Anything to help us get home sooner." As fun as recreation sounded, he wanted to get back to his world and away from all this insanity. "Gumi, what are you going to do?"

"Psh, I wanna check out those recreational facilities that dude was talking about! I hope they have a pool!" Gumi rushed off to explore before Gakupo could say another word.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Anyone​

"Psh, I wanna check out those recreational facilities that dude was talking about! I hope they have a pool!" Gumi rushed off to explore before Gakupo could say another word.

View attachment 2642
"I'll join you on that, Gumi~ I do hope they have a pool, I'd love for more relaxation than tea, granted how great tea is, bathing in a pool is so much more... soothing~" Vert exclaimed as she followed Gumi to the recreational facilities.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Anyone​

"Woah! Honey on chocolate cake??? I gotta try that!" Gumi followed Zero Two's example and slathered her cake in honey, taking a bite! "Wow! That's sweet, really sweet! I think I'm gonna barf, but I can't!" She sounded happy though, so who really knew how she felt.

@Minerva @Lucky
Peter Quill/ Star-Lord

Quill noticed the apple pie and grabbed a slice of it too. He wondered what other foods were around. " So, how is your honey chocolate cake?" He asked Zero Two through his bites of apple pie.

@Minerva @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy

Zero Two smiled at Peter. “it’s very sweet. she said. She took another bite.

Story Update

After some slight confusion and inquiries, Kirk agreed to include the Discovery's guests as part of their meeting. Preparations went underway.

As time passed, everyone was taken to the transporter rooms of the Discovery, along with Sarek and Burnham, to be beamed over to the ship that they had just come into contact with, known as the Enterprise, whatever being "beamed" really meant.

Until the group experienced it firsthand. Perhaps it was fortunate that no one explained the full nature of what it meant to be beamed, for fear that it might have made a person or two uneasy, but essentially, all that happened was that one felt a beam of light envelop them as they felt lighter with every second, before it all suddenly stopped, and as the light faded, they found themselves in a highly similar room, surrounded by the crew members of the Enterprise, as seen with how their outfits were more colorful than the Discovery crew's, and from there, a small, tedious ordeal was undergone as everyonel had to be scanned, along with their quantum signatures, to ensure that they were truly from another place.

After all that was taken care of, everyone was finally able to meet with the Enterprise senior staff in their conference room. There, they were able to be swiftly caught up and grasp the situation that everyone was in, taking it surprisingly well, as though the incident wasn't that much of an unusual one.

"So to paraphrase," Captain Kirk breathed, sitting at the front of the conference table, "Thanks to the attempted use of the mycelial network, the Discovery accidentally got caught in an anomaly that also ended up transporting all you guys on board as well," he said, briefly pointing to you all, "and when you attempted to use it again to launch yourself back home, you ended up here instead?"

"That's quite a bit to take in, especially considering that spore drive research was decommissioned and discouraged shortly after the end of the Klingon-Federation War, in favor of further research on warp drive... and I can certainly see why now."

"If the spore drive technology was used as part of your history as well," Burnham said, "then is there any sort of record of this kind of incident occurring in the past?"

"No incident like this has ever been reported to Starfleet," Spock responded matter-of-factly. "This technology had always been considered unstable and volatile from the start, and there was hardly much of a use for it, at least after the war."

"Still, with your spore drive equipped and your quantum signatures in our databanks, we might be able to help you return to where you came from, as I've researched the process of how the drives exactly work. Perhaps if we link our networks together, with the Enterprise acting as something akin to an anchor or a slingshot, we could propel the Discovery back to its home. In theory, at least."

"It sounds to me you have no idea how to fix this," Elliot said, relishing the fact he was able to be present for this conversation.

"The coordinates of your universe likely differ from ours." Burnham looked pensive as she considered Spock's suggestion. "And while our Chief Engineer says he should, in theory, be able to navigate any mycelial network that exists, adding your ships' network to our should only improve our trajectory. Then, hopefully, once we've figured out that issue, the matter of bringing everyone back to their respective universes will come naturally to us."

"It's worth a shot if nothing else, though I can't guarantee that it'll work. Considering that kind of technology only had a few years worth of research before it was essentially abandoned, it's a bit of a long shot, but it is also your best bet," Kirk warned. Before anyone could say anything else though, a soft beep could be heard on Kirk's form, followed by a male voice, contained in a comm link.

Pressing the emblem on his chest, as it turned out to be some sort of button, Kirk replied to the comm link. "Go ahead, Scotty. What can I do for you?"

"You're not gonna like this, sir. You might wanna look at it for yourself. Until then, I'm afraid we won't be going anywhere."

"On my way then," Kirk sighed tiredly, before looking at everyone, "I suppose the plan will have to wait then. I have some... business to attend to. If you'd like, you're all free to come with me down to Engineering and see what the problem is, though I'm not gonna force you to do anything. Feel free to help yourself to the recreational facilities instead if you'd rather. The Discovery may be a Crossfield-class starship, but our facilities should essentially be the same in terms of basic function. If that's all, this conference is dismissed."

"Is that it?" Elliot questioned, looking annoyed. "You brought us to let us talk, but you've largely come to this decision on your own. You people, with your Discovery, seem more concerned about getting yourselves home before us."

Burnham exchanged a cautious glance with Kirk. "You need to understand that we really know little more than all of you about how to proceed. We're doing the best we can."

"How about this," Kirk said, sounding amicable, "those that remain here can ask Spock whatever questions they may have. Toss him suggestions if you think you have any bright ones. Sound good?"

@ThatAverageGuy @Jeremi @Josh @York @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Siege @dark @Donder172 @Takumi @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Archmage Jeremiah @Raptor Jesus @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Raynar Saassin @Otto @Minerva
"More trouble...?" Gakupo sighed. "I suppose I'll head over to Engineering, then. Anything to help us get home sooner." As fun as recreation sounded, he wanted to get back to his world and away from all this insanity. "Gumi, what are you going to do?"

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Anyone​

niRKkQE_d.jpg

Zero Two would follow Gakupo. “Don’t worry, I’ll protect you, Darling. she said happily. She still had a slightly darker smile than she did earlier.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @engineering

With Burnham busy, one of the nearby crew members responded to Mizelia's inquiry. "We already have personnel doing damage assessment and treating the wounded," he said, looking sad. "We are gathering our fallen as well for a vigil to be held once we are under safer conditions. It is at the request of the Security Personnel that you all stay put. I don't know the status of our comms currently, but I imagine if you all need them, you will be outfitted with them soon enough."

As for Meceliss, there was little to see outside the deck beyond the crew quarters, which most were on lockdown.
"Very well. If you need any help, I'll be glad to give a hand." Mizelia said "And... my condolences for those who did not make it." she said after a moment with a tone of sympathy.

Meceliss returned to the recreational area after finding not much to do.
Story Update

As the two Jedi were beamed, they were both taken by surprise at the technology, though Mizelia seemed to take it more to a curious side than Meceliss. As Mizelia was scanned, she did ask questions regarding their methods of transportation.
The two Jedi bowed in greetings towards the crew after reaching the conference room of the Enterprise. The two listened to what was said, though it was mostly beyond what they knew of.
"I'll go to Engineering and see what I can do help." Meceliss said
"I have a few questions which Spock might be able to answer." Mizelia said calmly. She seemed to be quite interested in the universe she found herself in. Her mind going through how she wants to ask her questions. Though, she had the feeling not all her questions will be answered.

Story Update

A lot of talking about a solution to their problems but nothing to show for. This was just a complete waste of time. Then another message over the comm links about trouble. "Standing here to speak is a waste of time."

79mrR0L.png

"I will join you in engineering, Captain."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Everyone

"Hm hm hm... I suppose so." Vert responded with a chuckle as she continued drinking. "So aside from leading the Red Team, is there anything else that you do? Any stories you wish to share to buy the time? I don't think you'd find anything from me to be particularly interesting... Unless I'm mistaken."

@Raptor Jesus
“Nope! I’m the leader of Red Team twenty-four seven! Seven days a week! Three hundred sixty-five days a year! Without me, the team would no doubt fall apart!”

cymAZhh.png

"Uhhh... OK... thank you..."

Starscream was weirded out as the absolute drunkard Grif drunk-complimented him. Starscream was never one for the rougher variants of alcohol, only the finest of refined Visco to drink in class back when Cybertron was active. It was essentially the Cybertronian equivalent of Champagne!

The drunkards would soon multiply, it seemed. It was only a matter of seconds before such a thing occured

"How long does this usually last?" Starscream asks.

@Raptor Jesus @Raynar Saassin @etcetcetc
“With Grif? Uh... normally an hour.”

Perhaps for Sarek, who had not experienced the alternate universe of the Terrans, seeing familiar faces under these conditions was a surprise, but for Burnham, she felt this was almost inevitable. She stared at Spock and nodded as if it all made sense to her. They had not had a family meeting like this in quite some time, and truthfully, it was not very long ago that Burnham felt such a meeting was never to happen again. She wondered briefly how history was different in this universe, deciding after a moment she did not really want to know.

"A discussion should occur," Burnham said, clasping her hands together at her waist and feeling a buzz of nervousness, "but we will need to provide you with full disclosure. At the moment, we currently have on board what are essentially refugees from different universes. We have experienced a strange and serious anomaly which resulted in these individuals becoming trapped on board. I believe that any further discussion should involve these individuals, both because we alone lack the resources to understand what brought them here and that they have a right to be a part of what is happening."

@Ver

"I don't need anything at all from you," Elliot said to Quill, more matter-of-factly than mean. If there was anything he had come to the conclusion on, it was that he never wanted to be the one who had to say 'thanks.' "I am a self-sufficient individual, but I wonder if you could say the same."

He then looked at Emily, listening to her intently at first, but finding what she had to say to be lacking. "We are not alone?" he said, with a scoff. "That is one of the most utterly ridiculous things I have heard in all of my life. Maybe that is only because I have been alone all my life, but I am hardly unique in that case. We are all ultimately alone, you should know this. You are your own person and that is all you can be. By the nature of existence, you are a single entity." He leaned in, his brow furrowing as he ignored Grif's drunken nonsense. "You are most alone when you die. You never really think about it, until you're on death's door. Don't you know?"

He then got out of Emily's personal space and nodded toward Peter. "That is the most sensical thing you've said so far. This drunkard is beneath us."

@Raptor Jesus @York @Space_Candy @Lucky

“You’re (hic) face is beneath—“

CRASH!!!

Before Grif could finish his retort, the soldier passed out right in front of everybody.

“Well, that’s a relief!”
Story Update

“Well, I’m gonna head to the recreational facility. Going to the engine room sounds like way too much effort.” Grif said, having woken and sobered up since the group transferred ships.

“Leave it to Grif to go and fuck around while everyone else does the actual work.” Sarge replied before grabbing his rifle and turning to face Kirk. “I’ll be joining you in the engine room! No doubt that the Blues have been tampering with this ship somehow! Hopefully, we’ll catch em in the act!”

@Atomic Knight @Crow @Siege @Donder172

“Well, I’m gonna head to the recreational facility. Going to the engine room sounds like way too much effort.” Grif said, having woken and sobered up since the group transferred ships.

"Sounds like you've sobered yourself up. Remember what I did to you while you were in your drunk phase, Private Grif?~" Vert asked with a snickered laughter.

@Raptor Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back