Flames From the Past (1x1)

She blinks a bit at him then smiles and nods. "Yes, much better. Even slept better. I usually never rest well."

Moving to the pizza as well she got herself a slice. It tasted great and wondered where he went to get it. She usually only went to those in walking distance.

She found herself staring at Joe for a moment as she ate her slice, she forced her eyes away when she realized she was staring. Could she really be seeing things again? In some way that made her unsure.

Joe caught her gaze, "I think I see what the boss saw in you," He nommed a bit more his comment earning a heavy sigh from the boss, "Tell me do you realize you don't have your glasses on?"

Dustin at his pizza annoyed as hell with the fae sitting across from him. The damned man never knew when to stop it seemed. He drank half his beer, "I'm sure he doesn't look normal to you, Monica. Don't worry he's what we call a fairy or fae as they like to be called. He's a dragon fly sort."

She blinked a bit at his words about her glasses and reaches up for them. Her eyes widen a bit. She didn't have them on but she could see.

Could she almost like she used to. It was true, she saw the tail and some of his other features but it was the tail that got her attention with it moving back and forth.

"Fae." She nods softly. It was easy to see how much Dustin was getting annoyed with the Fae but she found it interesting in a way.

"Dusty doesn't like the fact that I'm so flirty and make myself at home in his home," Joe winked at her, "Nothing wrong with being happy I say."

Dustin nodded, "He doen't have an off switch encase you can tell."

She arches a brow at the two, smiling. She finishes her second slice of pizza and got a third. That good sleep she had gotten was helping a lot with more than just her mental state but also her appetite.

"How long have you two know each other?" She asks curiously.

The two looked at each other, "I've known Joe my entire life," Dustin told her, "Also don't let him fool you he isn't a young man by any standard."

Joe looked offended at this, "I have you know I am still very young compared to most my age. I still have a few houndred years before I am any where knew a creepy old geezer."

Monica found herself staring again. It was so strange the conversation to be having. Never would she have thought that she would be having such a topic of conversation ever.

She smiles and shakes her head. She finishes her third slice and found herself eyeing a forth. She decided to wait and let her stomach digest some of what before she ate anymore.

The fae drank his beer and harped on Dustin about the various reasons he needed to find a secretary and quick. While Dustin told him flat out that it would take some time and he could easily handle things on his own till he found someone suited for the job. after all he didn't want a repeat of last time. The truely ere the best of friends it could be seen by the way the harped on one another about all sorts of things. Joe on Dustin about his work and Dustin on Joe about him not retiring yet. They barely seemed to notice there was someone watching or listening.

She smiles warmly as she watches them go back and forth at each other. It was rare to see such a friendship but it was great to see. To many in this word did treat each other with such a way.

When they spoke about the secretary position she finally spoke. "I could do it..." When she got them both looking at her. "The secretary job. Nothing against you sir...but I'm not one to just sit around and do nothing. At least let me work some how still and if I work as your secretary it will be less strange for me to be visiting so much and all of a sudden getting better at the same time..." she said.

Dustin stared at her then tilted his head, "Well if you think you can do it..."

Joe smirked and shook his head, "Trust me. You haven't met his twin yet. Perhaps you should hold off before saying yes so quickly to being his secretary."

"Emma can be a bit hard on those around me. She is sort of a guard dog," She had kept him safe from many women who wanted to get close to him because of the money he had. Not that Dustin thought of Monica as that sort of woman, "Tell you what. I will give you two weeks. Higher pay and everything. You will keep the higher pay should you decided to return to the paper."

She looks at him. "It's good to have family like that. " She smiles a bit and nods. "Deal." And she could only imagine the challenge his sister would be but in a way she was okay with it because it was clear his sister just cared about him.

Dustin huffed as he sat back in his seat, "Joe. Do you know if Alissa is avalible to help Monica get set up tomorrow morning?"

The fae blinked then nodded, "She should be if she isn't busy doing naughty things again."

Sighing softly Dustin glanced at Monica, "Alissa is a succubus but a talented one when it comes to the computers around here. She likes her toys expensive and demands the same for everyone else here. The computer you will be using needs to have new login set up she will do that as well as show you how to access other information that would normally be locked to you as she will have to up your permissions."

She nods softly at his words. That will be good. She knew computers enough but some things were a little hard. " Do you still want me to go to my doctor's appointment in the morning?" She asks curiously, not sure if she still needed to or not.

He nodded, "Tell him I'm requesting his report when you visit so he will send it over. It will add me in directing my energies where you need them most in your body," he explained lightly, "I have a place in mind for you to stay already. There is a town house on the east side of town. I will take you to look it over tomorrow and see if it meets your needs. And you will not be working tomorrow just so we can get you situtated."

Joe sipped his beer while he listened carefully to the two talk.

She nods a bit at his words. "I'll let him know. " She had to make sure to remember that for in the morning but she didn't think she would forget something like that.

Moving? On the east side. That would be a bit of a walk. She could figure out the bus schedule or just leave earlier. She didn't know how to drive so a car was no where on her list of ideas.

He noticed her look, "If need be I can arrange for you to have a driver," He says softly. He was sure he could as he could pay for a car and a driver or drive her back and forth himself.

She blinks a bit at his offer then shakes her head. "No thank you sir. I can learn the bus schedule or something. Honest." She smiles. She hated elevators and crowds but she was not going to be driven around.

Getting the last slice of pizza which was also her fourth, she ate it contently. She had been so hungry.

Dustin wasn't used to be told no. Ever, "Then perhaps you could learn the buses but also you could learn to drive yourself," He stated after some time, "Pride is only as great as the task it seeks to complete."

Joe huffed at him, "Odd for you to quote your twin."

She arches a brow a little as see looks at him. "Some of it is pride but also habit. I've been doing things on my own since the night of that fire and learning to drive has never been something I could physically do due to my eye sight...." she tilts her head a little. "It will take me time to get used to the fact that I may not go blind anymore and can do things I didn't think of before."

The angel nodded, "Just think about it is all I'm asking," he closed his eyes as he leaned back in his seat and let out a soft yawn. Joe glanced at his watch before excusing himself. His wife was waiting for him he told them before leaving.

Back