Flames From the Past (1x1)

She smiles and thanks Joe for the pizza as he was leaving then turns her gaze back to Dustin. She could see he was tired and she was probably keeping him up.

She wasn't tired though, she knew she probably should be too but she felt so awake. "I can head home if you want to get some sleep..." she offers.

He glanced at her then, "Sure be careful. You might as well. See you tomorrow morning around say eight?" His eyes took her in slowly as if just now really looking her over.

She nods a bit at his words and moves to her feet. His gaze, it was so strong and she could feel it like a weight. It made her wonder what he was looking for and why did he pick her to help?

Pushing the questions aside. "Thank you sir. I'll see you in the morning at eight. I see the doctors at 9am." She smiles softly then heads to the door so she could head home.

The male sighed, "I'll ask Molly to drive you home. I would hate for you to become injured by some fool on the street," He stood and called the vampire before Monica could say much.

Molly would be waiting down in front of the building leaning against a rather lovely looking Cadallac Escalade in a rich dark blue. The vampire was beautiful. her short hair curling sweetly around her face and. Her eyes were a dark blue as was the dress she wore. It was held up on the left side by a single strap the skirt ended just above her knees and was slit up the left side, "Monica, right?" Her voice was like silk.

She opened the passenger door and held it open for the woman.

She blinks a bit but realized he was right in getting a ride home. She normally never walked at night for the very reason he spoke of. She says goodnight and heads out.

She smiles to the female that greeted her. "Yes. Thank you." She says and gets in the car.

Molly gave a nod as she closed the door behind Monica before strolling around the back of the car then getting in on the driver's side, "Where to?" She asked casually as she started the car. The vampire was an excellent driver. She took everything smoothly.

Monica gave the address for her home that was about two blocks away. It was a small apartment building on a street that wasn't normally known for being a bad one but was no cleaner and did draw interesting characters from time to time. Usually it was the reason she didn't walk at night.

Outside her building sitting on the steps were the usual people that would sit out at night smoking and talking. Trash laid about here and there with no sight of a trash can around.

As they reached the building and the car came to a stop, she hesitated to get out and looked to the female. "Thank you for the ride."

Molly was happy to be of help. As she noticed the little group she narrowed her gaze at them, "I'll walk you to your door. The boss would kill me if I left the job half finished," She grinned at her then stepped out of the car after cutting the engine. She knew what sort of sight she made. Hitting the lock button on her keychain after Monica got out she glanced over the others that now stared at them, "Move out of the way would ya?" She asked softly as she walked forward towards the stairs first.

Monica nods a little at the offer and was grateful for it. She was ashamed to be scared but she was.

When she got out, the group on the stairs had been whispering and hushed a moment.

As Molly approached and asked them to move, the group seemed to stay quiet and glance to one man in particular, he wore baggy jeans and a black hoody that seemed to swallow up his rather athletic body. He looked like he would be the trouble maker but he nudged one of the other men with a foot to get him to move.

They were staring at Molly but moved easily out of the way. The one man nods his head but his eyes were on Monica now.

That was when she recognized him. When she had first moved here on her own he had helped her and made sure she was okay. A nice guy despite his looks and the nice guy act only went so far, he was still a drug runner but he had been nice the first weeks she was there. This is the first time she had seen him since then almost four years now.

His voice gruff for his age. "Keep your chin up little charge." His smile was warm then returned his attention back to his boys.

Monica got inside with Molly. "I forgot who that was...." she shakes her head as if trying to remember his name but unable.

Molly smiled sweetly at the large black man. She was sure she had seen him in her club on the southside of the city. Emberlight was a popular place for those that sought the exotic. She glaced at him again as she was past him, "You and I should speak later, my brother."

It was what she called all the drug runners she bumped into. Most caught on quickly upon first meeting her that she wasn't just another cute little piece of ass, she was the queen of southside.

Male seemed to understand instantly and nodded his head. "Yes ma'am." He said.

Monica was glad to be inside out of the cold now. She searched in her pockets for her keys. For a moment she thought she saw her scars move. Pushing that thought away, she located her keys and pulls them free and smiles a bit.

"Thank you for giving me a ride. I do appreciate it." She says to Molly once they reached the door to her apartment. Number 13A. She had been in 13H to start but the combination of the drug lord and the landlord she was moved to the bottom floor within a week of her getting there.

Unlocking the door to her apartment, she smiles to Molly. "Thank you again." She says. Then realized she had thanked the female almost three times now. She wasn't used to help, at least not getting it all of the time. She always tried to do things on her own and not have to lean on anyone because after the loss of her parents, she had been on her own. She had been lucky her parents had a savings which was enough for her to finish school and pay her medical bills but that had been all she had left of them. That savings. Everything in the house bad been destroyed by the fire.

Molly smiled softly at her, "No worries," then pats her on the shoulder, "Just get better," She pulled out her purse then handed Monica a card, "You should take this and call me should you need anything. I don't work for Dustin even if we associate from time to time."

With that she turned and headed back outside to speak with the male she had bumped into, "I've seen you around Emberlight no?" She asked casually to the man as she leaned against the doorframe.

Monica nods softly as she accepts the card from Molly. She watches the woman leave and then steps into her apartment. Once inside she shut the door and locked it. Kicking her shoes off by the mat there, she walked to the living room. She felt tired but not enough to lay down again so she sat down on her couch and turned the TV on.

The man looks up as the female returned. He nods in response to her question." Yes ma'am. I've been there a few times. Not recently but a few times." He answered honestly.

Molly nodded, "I have a thought as I can tell easily that you run this block. That girl needs to be kept safe from any and all that would do her harm," She crouched then, "I'll pay you well for her to be kept safe. I'll pay you enough that you won't have to sell any more," She held out her card, "Don't give me an answer now. Call me and we will set up a meeting to dicuss this further."

Her gaze danced over the other men as she made her way down the stairs and to her car. Getting in she turned the key and moved out to her dear club.

In his office Dustin stared out at the city below. He knew Molly would take care of Monica till they got her settled into a new place. It was something the vampire was good at doing. She always knew exactly who to talk to and how to talk to them. He assumed it was due to her being around a couple thousand years old.

The man nodded his head as he accepted the card from her. It was a good offer that was for sure and he would indeed think it over. Truth of it was he would watch over that girl for nothing. He had been already in a way. "Yes ma'am. " but to not have to deal anymore, that was an even better offer. He wanted out and his men knew it. Some were okay with it and some not but he would give them his contacts if he did stop. No fuse. Wasn't worth the blood shed.

Monica eventually fell back asleep on the couch. The TV still going.

She woke in the morning a little less rested. Blinking slightly , her vision was a little less than better but she could still see without her glasses.

Getting up she showered quick then got dressed and gathered up her hot chocolate.

Once outside, she breathed in the fresh air then started her way down the sidewalk to head to work, unaware of the deal Molly had made and that the man has accepted it. His own men were already in place to make sure she got to work safe.

Molly sat across from Dustin at his desk. They discussed the various places they had considered for Monica also Molly was insitant that they should become best buddies. After all Molly had taken a liking to Monica rather quickly. Dustin on the other hand wasn't sure what to think about the master vampire of the city being best buddies with a human. He sighed and told her she could do as she like as long as no harm came to Monica. She smiled softly at him and leaned back.

"It's settled then," She stated, "I'll make sure she remains safe and you will see to it that she is well taken care of. Oh that reminds me, Emma was at my place and told me to tell you that she would be in for lunch."

Emma and Molly had been knocking boots for around two years now off and on. They hadn't decided to make anything official which is why Emma ended up at Dustin's place when she broke up with her steady boy friend who found out she still slept with her best friend. Though with how quickly Emma moved in with Molly, he suspected they might decide to go all in this time. It was still just a feeling.

"I suppose I should invite Monica as I assume you will be there," He states.

She nodded as she tilted her head. Was that Monica now? She smiled and stood slightly.

Monica had gotten to work with no trouble which was nice but she saw things more than she had in a long time so she was trying to train herself not to react to it and to just act normal.

She rubs her eyes a little. Her sight was still good but it was not as good from when she woke up after him treating her. As she lowered her hand, she glances at her scars on her wrist, she could have sworn she saw them move again. It was confusing her. She had to be seeing things.

Reaching the building she headed up the stairs towards his office, figuring that he would want to see her first before she did anything else.

Once she reached his office she knocked on the door lightly.

Dustin called out for the person who knocked the enter. He was sitting behind his desk sipping coffee while the vampire sat down after a moment, "Good morning," he smiled as he lounged back slightly looking her over, "I take it you slept well?"

Molly waved her fingers at Monica in greeting.

Monica enters the office and smiles a bit to Dustin and Molly. She returns the wave to Molly as she answered Dustin's question. "I didn't have any nightmares this time. So better yes." She says to him smiling softly.

He nodded slightly and smiled, "We will be looking for you a new place to live. You will have a roommate that is there for your protection," A glare cut over a Molly who grinned like a she-cat who found the cream and the fish hidden in the fridge, "For lunch would you join me and my sister? Molly will be there as well."

Molly was clearly please as hell with how things were turning out. It seemed to be her personal goal to make Dustin uncomfortable as hell. She gave a shrug as if she hadn't a clue what was getting to Dustin, "We have reason to believe that the demon might come after you." She outed softly, "Rather be safe than sorry."

Back