Hurt By Eternity. (1x1 w/RyunaSiege)

Blaire wanted to drift back into sleep, but then something snapped her out of the trance. Her eyes and ears now alert, she looked out for what it could've been. Then she it again. It was the sound of a stick that had been snapped in half close by. Blaire looked over to where it came from, but saw nothing.

The wizard paused for a moment in his playing as he saw Blaire perk up out of the corner of his eye. Was something out there? He couldn't be sure. Muttering a summoning spell under his breath he called his familiar to his side.

The large yet lithe cat stared at Jiro with hauntingly eerie vibrant purple eyes. Its fur was dark blue with black tiger like stripes cutting through the dusk night color. Simply nodding Jiro directed the feline to do its job. Vanishing into the now dark forest the cat slipped its way between trees and over the soft leaf strewn ground without making a sound. One would have to wonder where the wizard picked up this familiar as the coloration just wasn't natural. Lifting the flute to his lips again he began to play once more.

Blaire looked at where the sound had came in confusion and worry. When she heard the music again, Blaire was calm but not as much. She looked back towards the wizard. "Um... excuse me..." She said.

Pausing once more those crimson eyes of his fixated on the female, "Yes?" He asked gently as he set the flute in the case he had pulled it from. The large cat was still stalking around in the woods looking for what had decided to stalk them in the night.

A smile pulled at his lips as he stared at her, "It's considered rude to ask someone's name without first giving your own. I'm Jiro Isuki," He told her softly enough, "And you little one?"

The wizard tilted his head slightly, "Blaire Zestia. A beautiful name," He remarked then ran an hand through his hair, "What brought you out here and so close to death, madam?"

"Oh...my story," Blaire mumbled. She paused for a bit. Then, as she was about to speak again, she and Jiro could hear footsteps coming from where they heard the first sound. At that moment, Blaire nearly yelped. Running towards them were a few people from the Arcane tower who had been chasing Blaire in the first place.

The wizard didn't seem surprised in the least to see the people heading their way. Standing he gave a sigh the barked out sharply, "Kira! What the hell you lazy cat?"

The large cat leaped down to the ground between Jiro and the people, "It's not like I can take on so many beings at once!" It growled at the man as its large purple eyes glanced at him over its shapely shoulder.

Clearly annoyed the wizard huffed then quickly cast a spell that erected a barrier between the trip and the mob. He hated mobs they always behaved stupidly and with little fore thought. He then summoned a staff before glancing at Blaire, "Close your eyes. It would be disheartening for me to commit atrocities before a woman I've just met."

With that he set about transforming Kira into a much larger beast that attacked the unwelcome group. Large fangs sank into supple flesh and tore it away.

Blaire hid behind Jiro and couldn't watch anymore carnage. The mob screamed and tried to fight back, but to no avail. Eventually it became silent.

With the threat now go the wizard turned to Blaire who hide behind him, "Kira," He called out to the large cat that padded over to him now, "Please take her and keep herself while I cover up our existence here."

Giving a nod the cat laid down and waited for Blaire to climb onto her back, "The quicker we begin moving the less likely we are to run into things that will wish to eat us."

Jiro nodded in agreement with Kira before he set about casting spells to make the tent and things vanish as if they had never been there. Even the fire vanished.

Blaire felt it was better to just do as they say and question things later as she quickly climbed onto Kira's back. Next thing she knew, the cat rode off at such speed that Blaire had to hold on a bit tight so she wouldn't fall.

It didn't take long for the feline to find her way to a river and rush up its length till if skid to a stop not far before a large waterfall. Those large purple eyes glanced back at Blaire, "Off with you. Go behind the waterfall. Jiro will be waiting for you."

"Thank you for helping," Blaire said before getting off. She took a deep breath and went through the waterfall. What she saw next completely made her silent in awe.

It was warm. That was the first thing that seemed to hit as she went. The warmth of the air sucked into the rest of the forest bringing with it a sweet smell like flowers, oak and honey. Blaire could see a grassy plain that stretched out with something of a simple footpath leading ahead to a rather large monestary. The whole thing seemed to be three seperate buildings combined together to create a semi-circle around an entranceway courtyard. The two side buildings rose two stories high with tanned brick walls that met red sloped rooves. The main building section in the center was taller and probably went at least four stories high with a circular tower peeking up just a little more on it's left side.
The scene ahead was absolutely stunning with the morning light peeking just over the massive wall that she was coming through now, it created something of a second sunrise effect. It would seem that this steep wall really did encircle the entire area of the Monastery and it's surrounding area. It was like an oasis in the center of the snowy mountain top and while the occasional cool breeze came over the top of the massive walls it was pleasantly warm.
The monastery was only a part of the oasis, there was a small lake off to the side of the building.

Jiro sat perch upon a the short wall that fenced the left side of the path to the monastery. He seemed to be deep in thought as he chewed on the end of the pipe stem in his mouth. A fragrant scented smoke lofted up from the bowl. His ruby eyes gazed off into the distance before sliding slowly to the woman who stared at the scenery around her, "I wondered if you had magic in your blood... It turns you you do from the look on your face," He gave a stretch as he hopped down from the wall and wondered over to her. He was dressed in dark blue robes edged in silver thread. His ebony hair framed his face seeming now closer to obsidian as it caught the light from the sunrise. Even his eyes seemed to hold the golden fire of the sun in them as he stared at her unblinkingly as he took her in slowly, "Well then, Blaire Zestia, come along. No one will be bothering us here unless they know this place and have the magic to enter."

He began leading the way down the winding path to the monastery. Jiro was still puffing away at his pipe as they walked his eyes now on the way before them.

Blaire just looked around in wonder. First the forest, then Jiro's music, and now this. Even though she had never seen such things in the world, it was hard to believe anything could be better than this. "Uh...Jiro..." She eventually spoke. "Who...who are you?"

The male paused for a moment before glancing at her, "I am a man who has lived a long time and has seen this world for what it really is," It was the simplest answer he could give her without clearly stating he was a wizard that lived in a realm outside of the human one she just came from. Night and day to each other the world of hidden magic and the world of mortal desire existed side by side sharing on each other's energies and allowing each to live, "I suppose this answer is far to vague for your liking so I will put it to you simply. I am who you see me to be."

"Who I see you to be..." Blaire repeated. Her mind wandered off a bit. All her life, before being trapped in the Arcane tower, Blaire hid from society and tried to rid herself of immortality. She remembered going to many sorcerers and the like, but none of them had the key. From what she had seen of Jiro, he appeared to have some sort of magical power within him. But would it be right to ask him? She pondered on it in her head.

He nodded slightly and placed the pipe back in between his lips, "The question is who are you? And who will you be?" He pushed open the twisted iron gate that marked the entrance into what appeared to a garden with all sorts of plants growing everywhere. Tomatoes, sunflowers, rosemary were just a few. Clearly someone lived here. That being was him. The door to the building cracked opened as a very beautiful young woman stepped into it. She was dressed in silvery blue skirts with a grey silver top that looked more like it belonged on a doll. In fact she looked like a doll. Her eyes were large, nearly owlish in nature as their pale green irises didn't seem to miss anything. A blue silver bonnet sat on her head hiding most of the silver thread twisted and bound into a bun at the back of her head. Her skin was as white as a bone china tea cup.

"Good morning, Silver Lady," Jiro greeted. The woman merely nodded in greeting to him before pointing at his shoes, "I know," He muttered then looked to Blaire, "Remove your shoes before stepping onto the hard wood floor. The Silver Lady would have a fit if you didn't."

The woman retreated into the house before Jiro entered behind her toeing off his shoes in the small foyer he smiled gently, "I'm home!" He called loudly into the house. It was a custom he had picked up some long time back.

Back