Hurt By Eternity. (1x1 w/RyunaSiege)

Blaire nodded and took off her shoes just before she entered the house. She jumped a little when Jiro declared where he was, but actually chuckled a bit at herself in the end. While she would like to see what other wonders this place would bring, Blaire took a deep breath. She was going to ask him now.

"Jiro...I can do amazing things, it seems..." She said to him. "You don't seem to be just another sorcerer..." She trailedoff a little as they walked through the house, unsure of how to word her next sentence. "With your powers...can you teach me how to die?"

Jiro stepped onto the wooden flooring and made his way over to a table. This was clearly a kitchen. A large hearth burned brightly against the far wall away from the entrance. His gaze slid to her for a moment before moving to the fire place, "I suppose I could. But sadly it won't take much magic just time to show you how to die."

The Silver Lady was over at a counter pouring tea into two cups from a ceramic tea pot. She sat the two cups at the table then moved to make snacks, "Sit with me while, Silver makes dinner."

"Um...you're very calm about this..." Blaire commented, taking the seat across from him. "Usually people don't react like that."

"I'm used to getting odd requests, Madam," Jiro admits, "After so many of them I can't really be surprised when something odd comes up."

"Er...ok..." Blaire replied, not sure of how to respond to that. Nevertheless, she cleared her throat and continued. "The reason I ask of this is because...I'm immortal..."

The male smiled softly, "I care not your reason really. My statement remains the same. But I will ask you why you want to die now? Those men I assume had a reason for trying to capture you in the forest. I would at least like to know the reason as to why they had to pass from the realm of the living."

Picking up his cup of tea he sipped it slightly. The scent of thyme and rosemary started to fill the kitchen while the Silver Lady worked on getting dinner ready. Moving over to the fire she put a large beef cut into the large pot that hung over the flames. The gentle splash revealed there to be water at the bottom.

"People have shunned me for years," Blaire explained. "I have died in many different ways and come back from the dead the next day. That is why people do so. If that weren't enough, the ones you saw earlier were a few of the many people who have tried hunting me down and taking my ability. The only difference is that these people probably would've succeeded if I hadn't escaped. They kept me locked away for years, supposedly so they can prepare."

The wizard nodded slightly in understanding, "What a wasted existence... You will need to learn to live before you can die. Think of it like this, for humans they live and die. How they lived will determine what they are and how well off they are in when they are reborn. Immortal existence is similar with a slightly twist. We aren't allowed to die till we have lived a life worth living."

"So...I must prove that I am worthy for death?" Blaire asked. "Is that what you're saying?"

He gave a slight nod, "We only get one shot at living. Also Death is picky bastard. It was meant to allow for us to keep peace and teach those that stray from their paths why they must not step off it. I suppose nothing has gone as the gods dreamed."

Blaire nodded, though she still didn't exactly understand, and drank some of her tea. She wondered what she'd need to do, as she may not be able to leave the forest -not without running into potential enemies at least. "Hm...may I stay here, if possible?" She asked Jiro.

The wizard glanced over at the Silver Lady who nodded slightly without looking at him, "Well the lady of the house says you may then you are welcome to stay as long as you are welcome."

He set his pipe aside for a moment before pulling a box closer to him on the table. Tapping out the contents of his pipe into a metal tray on the top he set the pipe on the box, "If you need anything just ask Silver. She doesn't speak but she conveys her meanings quite well."

Blaire smiled a bit and looked at Silver. "Thank you, Miss," She said to her. She then finished the rest of her tea.

The Silver Lady smiled gently as she moved from the kettle and set about getting dishes down for dinner. In graceful movements she sliced the meat and served it up on the plates along with a side of rice. A hard boiled egg was sliced over the rice before the plates were set on the table. There were four plates indicating someone was joining them. A few moments later a woman with long dark blue hair and familiar purple eyes strode in from one of the other rooms.

Blaire took notice of the woman's eyes, but moved onto eating her food, pretending to have not noticed. Why did she feel like she'd seen them before?

"You're late, Kira," The wizard states as the dark haired female sat down.

"Busy patching up that hole you left behind for her to get through," She huffs at him as she hooked her thumb at Blaire, "Thank you, Silver," She said softly to the Silver Lady that still bustled about the kitchen placing other things on the table. A pot of tea, two other tea cups as well as a bit more of the meat and rice on a serving dish. Sitting down finally she began eating as did the other two.

"Kira? You're a human?" Blaire asked the dark haired woman in surprise. Of all the things that she'd seen so far, this was probably going to be the...strangest. It might take a while for her to understand wizardy.

A pair of feline ears perked up at the mention of her name, "I'm a were-beast," She states softly.

"A were-beast is an animal that can become human like in appearance," Jiro explained lightly, "She is my familiar."

"A were-beast...I think I remember reading about those as a child..." Blaire replied, taking a bite of her hard-boiled egg after. "However, those memories are a bit foggy..." She said after eating.

The feline gave a hum and continued eating quietly. It seemed there was something bothering her that she didn't wish to talk about. In little time she was finished and excusing herself from the table. Once she was gone Jiro explained lightly, "Her kind are a dying race. There are only around twenty or so were-beasts in existence and none are of her kind of were-beast. She feel rather alone in this world."

Back