[IC] Ages Eternal

At the sound of the goddess's fury Ezerth turned slowly towards the direction of the source before he was simply... gone. Less than a whisper on the wind. He knew the source of the rage and knew it's most likely outcome and surely it came to pass. Though the fires that came down would do no harm to him it would certainly do little good to gawk at his sister's attempt at destruction. The source was as clear to him as the anger that caused it. It seems that already there was discord among his siblings. In the folds of space he hid he couldn't help but shake his head before making his way after his sister.

Paloria would have barely returned home for more than a minute before the yellow robes seemed to slip out of nowhere a few paces behind her. After a moment of silence he spoke up to say, "I hope your temper is sufficiently expelled, sibling."

"Ezerth," growled Paloria, her form still that of a gargantuan dragon. "What do you want from me?" she asked as a small shoot of the Tree worked its way out of the walls of her home, the sprawling script almost mesmerizing. She looked over to her sibling, her anger no more than coals within her heart. However, coals can always give way to earnest flame. She shifted, coming back to her more humanoid appearance. Her dress and hair both alight with ravenous flames.

"While I'm certain such a reminder will only come off as beration I feel most would not attempt to or bother trying to point out the flaws in your actions. This world is nothing short of infantile and to treat the Allfather's creation with such ferocity is unwise. Even with such a low mortal population the risk of collateral was present." His head turned ever so slightly to silently watch the creeping growth from the Tree moving through as aggressively as ever. After a moment he looked back to her and with another awkward pause he continued.

"I notice you wasted no time bringing your own life swiftly to this world. Modeled after your own figure no less."

"Do not look at me like that, Ezreth. Their form came naturally, as it did with the giants." Paloria turned away from her sibling and walked out towards the edge of her cave. Looking out across her lands she responded to him again. "My children were injured by that fool Groggins. Do you expect me to keep my fury in check?" Paloria almost shouted that last question. Hot tears streamed down her face, landing on the floor like liquid fire. Just as suddenly as the tears came, large cracks formed at the peak of the Great Mount. Long rivers of lava poured out of them, mimicking Paloria's own tears.

"How am I supposed to keep my anger in check!? How am I to do that when my children have been attacked!? I swear, no creation of Groggins will escape my notice or my wrath! Hear this well, Ezreth, for if you try to step in my way, then I will make you into ash and send you back to the All-Father!" Paloria fell to the floor of her rocky home, tears streaming down her face in an uncontrollable flood.

Ather, The eldest of the Allfather, had been watching this new world unfold. He had no Care for it, No empathy for anyone or anything in it. As of yet there had not even been any need of him. Then he saw Paloria, The fire queen, Weeping?
This was unheard of. A goddess of Fire and Destruction Broken.... A perfect Opportunity.

With a murmured incantation and a stamp on his staff he appeared before Paloria. "What ever is the matter dear?" he said the words dripping of his tongue like honey, "Is there anything your most humble brother can do for you?" The last part he said with a sweep of his hand behind his back, other hand over his heart with a half bow.

@Drakey

There was a bout of silence that followed her threat as the whispering god just stood there, staring. As per usual it was hard to tell whether he was simply waiting for this bout of emotion to end or if he was trapped in that tragically awkward situation of being the sole person to be confronted with another's raw feelings and having no idea what to do with them. After letting her vent some of her frustrated molten tears he dared to step closer, his voice as dispassionate as ever if not at least trying to give the vaguest inflection of sympathy through his choice of words.

"I would not know. Your passions have always ran so feverishly. I cannot understand them any more than I can your bond to your creations as one who has made nothing. What I do have is foresight. It's not even knowledge worth calling a secret to say that you letting Groggin's coax you will only perpetuate a petty cycle." Another noticeable pause followed before Ezreth's tentacles began to twitch idly as if some uncertain thought was wrestling in his shadowy mind. Whatever decision there was to make was made as he dared to bring one up to wipe away a few scolding tears from her cheeks. The stony stiffness he always had shattered for a few moments as the pain from the divine heat was enough to make him flinch and writhe slightly even as he stubbornly refused to pull it back.

"I feel more concern for you letting this tear yourself apart more so than the world if you fall into his gambit," he admits, his voice free of pain despite his motions. "If I do mean to stop you, Paloria, it'd be you rather than Groggins I meant to protect." If any other words were meant to come from him they'd fall short as he suddenly backed off in the blink of an eye, tentacle lowered and gaze on the horizon all in place a split second before the arrival of Ather.

Last edited:
Hakku, finally alone, began work on his more tedious projects. The Isle of Lead in its current state only contained a few species of plants and one sentient race. The fear-god found this lack of diversity filled him with dissatisfaction. There was only an unbalanced, rudimentary ecosystem at best. Hakku valued a work that could last, and this island was doomed to fail if there wasn't a greater balance.

So Hakku began his work, first by bringing strange fungi from the cracks left from Paloria's dance of rage. They were a thick and blob-like species that assisted in the process of decay, thus making the soil more fertile and accelerating the rate of ecological change. Burrowing reptiles made the tunnels for their roots.

Hakku spun hounds from the many red flower petals, adorning them with a crimson-streaked hide and cold, white eyes. They and the dead soil were to be feared. He created strong trees and small bushes that never grew tall. Insects of all kinds swarmed through the air.

The bird-god made beings that towered above all, stalking the landscape on five spindly legs. Then came a creation dear to his heart. The birds that flew through the sky, made in his image. The Black Sigil of Hakku adorned their foreheads, and great ribbed crests grew from their scalps. They were few and far between, nesting in the unseen places. These creatures were to be a sign to the People of Lead; a messenger from their god.

Hakku flew up into the sky and looked down upon the island. It was too little land for his species to thrive. So the god cracked the crust of his ocean and three islands rose to join the first.

Paloria heard Ezreth's words as she fell, angry at herself for letting her emotions run free. His words, though uncaring, helped her to crawl out of this pit of despair. Stumbling to her feet, the goddess wiped her tears away, drying her cheeks. "Thank you Ezreth, you need not pretend to care. Your efforts only show your curiosity into matters you do not understand, my dear brother." The goddess smiled slightly, a sad, tired look ever present in her eyes.

Then, suddenly, Ather appeared before them. "Ah, hello Ather. I guess that my rage would not go unnoticed by my elders, huh?" Paloria sighed as she turned away from her twisted older brother. "To answer your question, Ather, our brother Groggins has harmed my children, and Mutare has killed off an entire clutch of their precious eggs." A stray tear dripped from her right eye, quickly wiped away by Paloria's hand. "And, no, Ather, there is nothing you can do for me. You all know me too well to ask for help or make a bargain for more power." Paloria laughed as she thought to herself, and then said out loud, "I am far to hardheaded to believe that there is anything that I cannot burn."

At that moment, a mighty, holy light filled the sky. It outshone the sun, it's raw, infinite power proved the dimness that already dominated the mortal realm.

A figure emerged from the light. A powerful anthem played as the Figure, unmistakably the Allfather, moved his finger to the surface of the planet. Dust swirled around the Giant's appendage. Soon two figures appeared standing before him. "My children, Come and meet your people; your champions, and your afflictions. Before me are the Humans, and make no mistake; they are why you're here. Bring about their downfall, and for you, all will be lost. Bring them good gifts, As I, your Father, brought to you. Enlighten them, and give them refuge from themselves. For without purpose, humanity has no superior in evil. They are dependent on you."

The Allfather would stay near the world for several days in the time of the gods. New trees, beasts, grasses, coral and flowers would begin appearing about the world in his presence, drawn by his eternal creativity.

Ather chuckled softly, and prjected his voice in her head "Of course there is not anything you can not burn, Though Allies are always a wise choice. I will aid you in this war, ... for a price." Ather then turned towards the light and said softly "Dont forget my offer Paloria."

As the Allfather emerged Ather looked on....Humans....What a perfectly gullible race. They would do nicely for specimens. Ather saw potential in them, perhaps they could even handle his Magic.

Last edited:
Hakku blinked, and suddenly a blinding light spilled over the horizon. He turned his head away, the god's beady eyes unable to bear the brilliance. Hearing his father speak, Hakku felt a sense of unhappiness well within him.

Hakku, secretly (maybe not so much to Ezreth) was quite jealous of his father. The creatures his creator left behind were so...different than his. Different in a way that made them special. Hakku felt a sudden urge to improve, and fidgeted wildly. As the Allfather's speech to his children drew to its close, the bird god felt exhausted.

Then, a smirk came over the fear-god's face. He pointed down to his island, nearby a huddle of People of Lead. A little spike broke ground. It was heavy, yet it fit into the hand of the curious worm-man perfectly. Suddenly, one of Hakku's newly made hounds jumped out, seeking fresh meat. The Person of Lead reacted, swinging the thin, lead mace and striking the hound dead.

Hakku played with his hands, now excited rather than disappointed.

Eira watches as a bunch of dragons begin to fly somewhere so she follows them out of curiosity eventually arriving to where everyone was meeting up altho she was a bit late. In a quite and cold voice eira says "hello" Unintentionally the area around her begins to freeze over.

Last edited:
The light had drawn Mutare from his garden and hearing his creator speak for what seemed like the first time, made him wonder. What was the creator's purpose from creating him. Mutare's purpose had always been to bring change and perfect creation itself for as long as he could remember. As the Allfather's left, he gifted the world with many creatures and creations and this pleased Mutare. He reached out with his mind to his Collectors around the entire world, and he led them to the Allfather's creations and in a sort of feeding frenzy the Collectors began their purpose, sampling all that the Allfather had collected for their unloving master. Soon his Collectors returned with a bountiful harvest. Thousands of Sparks had been collected from thousands of different subjects. This diveristy pleased Mutare as he drained each and every one of his Collectors for the Sparks within them, wiping them from the world. It didn't matter. They served their purpose and now he began to work.

He tirelessly worked, forging his sparks into a grand Spark, one of which he called the Spark of Creation, one that will random sow his garden with everything he needed to begin his work. He climbs to the top of what was once the Collector's nest, now an empty cage of corpses. He throws the orb down onto the ground and out formed an entire jungle filled with many different types of creatures and flora, all collected from all around the world, all residing within his domain. He watched as his garden fills to the brim with life and diversity, and he can't help but wonder how will the creatures change to suit their new alien land.

Hakku, as the Allfather left, was sitting in the valley below. He stared at the group of his people as they wandered. By now their language had developed into a comprehensive speech, and tribes were beginning to unify themselves and build small settlements of wood and dirt. Hakku walked among them, watching their activity. The bird-god was thinking to himself. These People of Lead are seclusive. If I leave them to their own devices, they'll never leave the island. He gripped one by the arms, and watched as it struggled. "You are so weak." He said, half to himself. "I will bless you, and you will do my bidding. You will be my influence in ages to come." He took two more, and, carrying them, Hakku took them to the top of the plateaus, and watched as they gaped in awe at the ocean and Paloria's grand mountains beyond.

Hakku left wing opened and a worm came forth. The fear-god placed the worms on the base of each creature's spine, and as the divine worms attached themselves, these chosen People of Lead grew stronger and gained a fragment of Hakku's power. Hakku looked over to Paloria's island, and the scent of man entered his nostrils.

"So they have decided to move in with the dragons." He muttered. He swept his wings forward, and suddenly, the air was rushing and Hakku and his Blessed sped off to Paloria's grand mountain range.

H'mog traveled south, toward the great light. He feared it, yet was drawn to it. He respected it, but he didn't know what it was... H'mog would eventually reach the Cradle of the World. It had changed much since his last visit, millennia ago. The upland region had become a wonderfully fertile forest, full of creatures and colorful wild plants and berries. Fae fluttered about, tending to the garden-like hill country.

H'mog arrived where sea air could be felt. In front of him were familiar faces; His siblings Paloria and Eira! "Sisters! I have found you!" He said half to himself.
---
In the lava field, Birds flew overhead for the first time. The image-bearers of H'mog ate and replenished themselves, at last on something better then grass and leaves. They would call themselves Orcs, and they were on a journey. They must find their creator.

Shel opened her eyes in the cold, damp cave. Donning animal skins, she exited and rejoined her Father's tribe, known simply as a Fist. The First Fist. Shel Was greet warmly; as a sister, and to the Fistmaster, Blackrock, a beloved daughter. Shel's beauty carried her far in life. She was well used to warm greetings. Not particularly fond of them, but used to them. "Father," she asked Blackrock; "Where are we going now?"

"The great morning-light dawned south and faded last month. My dreams guide me to it's site, my beloved." blackrock responded.
"Will the Great One be there?" Shel lived in the fourth generation of the First Fist. She was accustomed the legends of the Great One, their creator, and how finding him was the Orcish way of life.
Blackrock mulled deeply on his prophetic dreams. "I believe so."
---
Dymos Made his way to the light as it faded. Along the way, he observed many new creatures and plants, all the while mulling over his problem. The Lech are vulnerable to an unkown threat; they must not be eliminated. They are integral to the creation of his Magnum Opus. When he arrived in the green Hill country, now host to Fairies and Humanity alike, He took a rest. He was... Anxious. He was not sure he wanted to meet the Allfather yet. He had made nothing for the Allfather to be impressed by. He had to make more; more powerful, more impressive! Yes, that's what he would do!

Following a family of badgers to a mighty lake, He focused his strength on these creatures. Invention was not good enough. Industry would not suffice! Dymos's tears burned the earth as the generations passed for these poor Badgers. They would grow, not only in size, not only in strength, but in ambition. They grew a sense of greed; a lust for power, and a need for Authority. On them mortals could model imperialism. "You are to be known as the Bohamber. All will fear you, you will adopt the Lech as your own, and slay and eat all your enemies with the greatest of predjudice, only until the greater beings I will create for you to serve appears." And so the Bohamber became vicious, ever hungering predators of the forest. But by the time Dymos was done, the Allfather had left. Dymos grew dark, brooding on anger...

Last edited:
Eng gawked with wide eyes as he crawled from the dirt. His legs trembled, and in his heart he heard the voice of an almighty deity whispering calmness, like a father to an infant. He wandered off into the woods, exploring curiously.

Aver wandered through the Hills, in the distance she notices a great, blue lake. Staring at it, she found it beautiful, as birds flew overhead... Ooh! She would give chase to the bright, white feathered things.

Two squirrels ran along the ground, two ducks nuzzled bills. Aver saw two bees buzz the flowers, and two deer romped through the trees. One deer had antlers, one deer did not. One duck had colors, the other brown... Aver began to feel lonely. Was she the only one of her kind?

Eng wandered through the forest, Where he came about Fairies and colors and a million things to name. but he felt like there was something out there for him, something he was missing. As his first night began, Eng felt like he was needed. Not in a good way. He had a purpose, He didn't know what or where it was...

Aver had ideas bubble to her mind, staring into the stars. What were that? What did they accomplish? Why were they there? Aver absent mindedly began to sing; she knew no tunes, for non truly existed. But the sounds she made with her throat were so pleasing to her!

Aver looked down, and in the tree line that evening as the sun fell, stood Eng, noticing her for the first time.

Goggins heard the All-Father's message and flew towards the new beings as a giant sky whale. He saw that they had just met each other but their attention shifted to the gigantic flying creature heading towards them. The whale turned into another human which greeted the couple "Why hello there, Welcome to the new world young ones"

They both gaped at the new creature until Aver spoke "Who are you? What is this place" to which Goggins replied with a grin "Why this is the new world of course didn't I just say that." he gave them a second then continued "As to who I am I'm Goggins it's so nice to meet you two and you are"

"I think my name is Aver" Said the woman then the man spoke "Yes and mine was Eng but I can't remember anything other than that" Aver met eyes with him "Me neither"

"Bah, That's not important right now" interrupted the trickster "Please take a seat" and a table with three seats appeared. Goggins took a seat then used his godly magic to create trays adorned with various fruits "We can eat and talk" he offered the two

Eng and Aver sat. Aver reached for some fruit and ate, while Eng studied his carefully. Not out of suspicion, for he was only born yesterday. He studied the fruit before eating to learn more about it. After taking his bite, while Aver was savoring her fruits delightful flavor, Eng was asking questions to Goggins about the fruit. "Why is it red? Why is it so sour? Where did it come from? How long was it there? Is it like that one over there? Will that one turn into this one eventually? Some fruit looks like that one over there turning into this one over here. Did you make it, or did Father? Can I make one? Who changes the fruit?" All the while Aver was simply enjoying the food.

The string of words filled Goggins with laughter and he replied to Eng "That's quite a curious mind you have there. Let me answer the important questions. Yes it will grow more, I made the trees that made the fruit and-" The trickster god looked him up and down before an easy smile fell on his face " Yes, with enough time you will surpass even my greatest creations and that of my siblings" He stood up from his seat with the sun already setting from all their conversation "I must go but i'll come back. We need to celebrate your arrival so I will gather my brothers and sisters for a grand feast in your honor" He turned to leave but waited for a second before he waved his hand and a pile of soft leaves appeared "Just to help you get through the night" Then Goggins turned into a bird and left.

Eng was in awe. Him a god? Will people worship him? such blasphemy would certainly anger the Allfather, but luckily for Eng he didn't know what blasphemy was. He turned to Aver as the night fell. "Wow, did you here that? Goggins said one day I'll be like the Allfather! Better than Goggins!" Aver was uncomfortable. "Eng, I think you shouldn't talk about that so loud..."
"Why not?"
"I dunno, It seems like... I... dunno..." she trailed off under Eng's pinning stare. Eng just went back to his daydreams. It would be nice to be praised... He thought as he and Aver fell asleep on the leaves.

Paloria had waited for her brother to leave the two creatures before showing herself. Descending upon them as a dragon, her own creations showed themselves to the two. In a great reverberating voice, Paloria said, "Hello, Little Ones. I am Paloria, the Goddess of flame and all things rampant." Then, shifting back into her humanoid form, Paloria's scales melted into flames. The flames coalesced into a long, flowing, red dress and long red hair. Her vibrant blue eyes stared the two humans down.

Slowly, Paloria spoke again, "I suggest that you do not take Goggins words for truth. He is the Mad God, the trickster for a very important reason. He has already tampered with things that he should not, as such, I urge you not to follow in his footsteps." She turned, beckoning her own children forward. While they were still small compared to her own draconic form, Paloria's children were gargantuan compared to the two humans. Smiling as she faced the two creatures again, Paloria continued, "These are my children. They are Dragons in your tongue. They are also what that Mad God cursed. So many of my children have been brought to the level of an animal by his treachery. Once again, I beseech you to not follow his guidance."

Suddenly, sounds came from the direction that Goggins had disappeared to. "I guess my siblings will be coming to meet you both rather soon." Giving a slight smile, the goddess continued, "Do not worry, Little Ones, as there are many a fierce-some beast in this world, I will not leave you." After she had finished speaking, Paloria returned to her draconic form. She smoothly wrapped her long, powerful tail around the two humans, potecting them from any outside threat as a mother protects her newborn child.

Back