Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

She frowned "her feet...they aren't swelling. She didn't notice when I touched her toes...we can see if the bath helps but..I think it might be too late.." it was hard news but it had to be said

"But... what does that mean?" Jonah asked anxiously. "Can't we do something about it? Whatever this is?" He wasn't very familiar with frostbite.

"It means the tissue is dead...we can't treat what's dead and we can't let it spread. It would kill her..." he said shifting with a frown "we'd have to cut off the dead tissue..."

"That's what I'm hoping for" Pepper said "but we need to be prepared for the worst" she explained "go and be with her for now I'll come check again in a little while"

Jonah nodded, his jaw clentching. He returned to Misty's side and knelt down to make certain she did not slide under the water. After a minute of watching her, he found her hand and held it tight.

Feeling his hand Misty opened her eyes but fairly out of it now with the pain pill too.

Justira hesitated as she came over with a little bowl, she waved a bit to get Jonah's attention

Jonah smiled faintly at her. "It's going to be okay," he said softly. "No matter what happens, I'll look after you." He noticed Justira's wave, and his jaw tightened in annoyance. It wasn't her fault, but he didn't want to be distracted from Misty. Still, he turned to her and tried to focus. "What is it?" he asked, trying to keep his words clear and slow.

She pointed at the bowl and tilted so he could see the crushed herb mixture then pointed to the water. She had made a soothing mix of herbs for the bath. She wanted to help.

She offered a smile and walked the rest of the way and and put about half of the herbs mix into the water. She paused seeing Misty's feet they did not look good. She hesitated. She could help...but again. Scared to do so

Jonah noticed her hesitation. He started to reach out to her then rolled his eyes. Enough of this. He turned and called, "Gray! Come here. I need your hands."

Gray came over quickly - Jonah hadn't exactly been quiet - and gave him a confused look. He needed what now?

Jonah glared at Gray. "I need you to talk to Justira since I cannot."

Well, Gray wasn't sure how that was going to work since Jonah couldn't understand him, but he supposed it was worth a shot. He touched Justira's arm gingerly.

Justira looked up at Gray and set the bowl aside so she could sign "Misty's feet need to be healed or she will lose them" she explained "I've seen it before"

Gray nodded, trusting her. "Jonah is afraid and he is desperate to find a way to help her. WIll you help her?"

Jonah watched them, twitching anxiously.

Gray smiled. "Thank you. I am very proud of you." Then he turned to Jonah and gestured for him to step back.

Jonah stared at him in confusion then huffed in annoyance. "I forgot you can't talk." Reluctantly, he stepped back, still watching Justira anxiously.

Justira knelt beside the tub and reached in. Not wanting to disturb Misty's rest she gently touched each of her feet with one hand and closed her eyes to focus, listing and doing her best to help Misty's feet heal.

To anyone else it would look like very strange behavior but Gray knew

It took awhile to heal something that bad and far gone. The water had started to cool before she finally pulled her hands out and tried to stand but at once collapsed. Not strong enough to hold herself up but it was done. Mistys feet looked fine, just red now and probably be sore for a few days but otherwise fine

Gray jumped forward anxiously and caught Justira before she hit the ground. He lifted her carefully and carried her to her bed.

Jonah stared at Misty's feet. They were better! They were better? He looked after Justira in amazement then reached down to touch her feet. He jerked a little and swore when he realized how cool the water had gotten. He grabbed up a blanket and started carefully getting Misty out of the water and drying her off.

Back