Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

Justira was out cold, passed out but breathing fine, she just needed rest now.

Misty stirred a little when he pulled her out, she mumbled and blinked but didn't struggled or anything, the pain pill still keeping her pretty unaware of things which was probably a good thing. But yes, Misty's feet were fine and her hands didn't look so swollen and proper color was starting to return to them.

Gray created a little nest of blankets and sat cradling Justira close to him, ignoring the tingles of pain it caused him. It was his price to pay.

Jonah, on the opposite side of the fire, unknowingly copied Gray. He dried Misty off thoroughly then sat cradling her in the bed they'd shared earlier. She was better! She was going to be okay! He should tell Pepper, and he would, but in a minute. He just wanted to hold her.

Justira and Misty were both unaware consciously that they were being held but both could relax and rest peacefully...

Pepper in the mean time had roused Mathias and was getting him to eat something but the poor guy was definitely sick, likely just a cold but sick for sure

Lynna walked over and joined Pepper and Mathias. "Jonah got Misty out of the bath, and I think she's doing better. How is Mathias?"

"I'm fine" Mathias answered, clearly a bit grumpy and annoyed at being sick. "Sure. You are now but don't take care of yourself now and you'll get worse" Pepper chided like she might her son.

Mathias grumbled something and sipped the tea she had put in his hands.

"I better go check her feet.." Pepper said glancing towards them

Lynna nodded then looked down at Mathias. "Don't worry, sir. We've got things in hand. Misty is going to be fine, the bricks are coming along pretty fast, and Badru is out hunting with Arena. We are going to be fine!"

Mathias sighed "Yes but I feel responsible for everything... I can't be sitting here while the rest of you work.." he felt guilty about it. They had dumped so much responsibility on him

Pepper walked over to Jonah and Misty's bed "Hey... just want to check her feet then I'll leave you be"

Lynna clucked her tongue. "Yeah, you got us here, you kept us alive, and we'd all be sunk if it were not for you. No one is taking that for granted. Now stop fussing and feeling guilty and let us repay it by looking after you."

"Justira did something," Jonah said quietly. "They are better."

Mathias smiled a little "Alright alright, I'll rest up today" he didn't fight it, he could see he'd lose anyway "So... you experienced snow now, thoughts?"

Pepper's brow furrowed "better? but... how?" she looked over at Justira and Gray then back at him "You're sure their.. better totally? That... impossible..."

"Cold, blinding, and somewhat useful if it doesn't kill us," Lynna said with a smirk. "Not a huge fan, but it's okay.

Jonah reached down and started unwrapping Misty's feet. "Take a look for yourself."

He smirked "just be careful. Snow is very reflective it can do damage to your eyes if you look too long " though not really an issue unless you're out there for days on end"

--

Pepper looked as he unwrapped them, she stared in total shock "thats....I don't rven have words" she glanced over at Justira again then recalled Peters feet that had seemed so much worse before and suddenly healing well! "I think..I'm going to talk to Gray.."

"Oh great, another way this bloody planet is trying to kill us," Lynna said, rolling her eyes. "We're so ill-equipt to survive, maybe we are alien beings or something."

~~

Jonah nodded distractedly, not really paying too much attention to Pepper. He didn't care how Misty was better, just that she was. He'd thank Justira later.

Matbias laughed a little "we'll adapt. Humans have proven fairly good at that." He said "we have enough knowledge to survive and learn what we don't know"

--

Pepper covered her feet and walked over to Gray and Justira, didn't look like she would be waking up any time soon

"I hope so because I really enjoy living," Lynna grinned. "Do you need anything?"

~~

Gray looked up at Pepper and smiled politely. He didn't try signing to her just yet, his hands busy supporting Justira.

He shook his head "no I'm ok. Pepper saw to my needs. I'll just rest up" he smiled a little to assure her he was fine

--

"Don't need to explain now just yes or no" she could see when enough his hands were busy "did you know Justira could do this? Heal I mean?"

"Alright. Call me if you need anything," Lynna said. "I'm going to go help Charlie and maybe learn how to make eatable food while I do."

~~

Gray dipped his head in ackowledgement. Knew and helped her hide it.

Marhias chuckled "good luck. Hopefully charlie can help" he joked lightly before leaning back again to rest.

Charlie was busy away making food again, the job seeming to have just fallen to him

-

Pepper nodded a little "and did she heal Peters feet too?"

Lynna stuck her tongue out at him then went to join Charlie. "So. Pigeon?"

~~

Gray nodded again. She had, and she had weakened herself for it.

Charlie nodded "no idea how to cook it but stew always seems a good option" he shrugged "thought I might try roasting them over the fire this time though" he explained, showing her the sharpened stuck to skewer them on

--

Another nod "well..I will have to thank her when she wakes" she smiled "however she does it...hardly matters"

"Roasting seems nice and straightforward," Lynna agreed, nodding. "Any kind of herbs or spices you can use with that?"

~~

Gray shifted awkwardly until he could free his hands. "She was terrified to show us what she can do," he explained before putting his arms back around Justira. Pepper should be able to fill in the rest from there.

Back