Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

"Well he is welcome to them" he said "I do have to ask though... I won't bother the others when you're not with him will he? Justira is rather afraid of wolves" he explained

Arena shook her head. "As long as they do not bother him, he will not bother them. He is uneasy around the others, but he is too tired and still healing to try to go elsewhere, so he sleeps and waits for spring." She dropped her gaze briefly. "I hope he sees one more spring."

"They won't go near him, that I can tell you for certain" he said confidently "And he will, he has a warm place for the winter and we will see he is fed" he encouraged with a small smile

"If he does not, it is the way of the world," she said, trying to appear settled and strong. "At least he was warm and safe. Just for a bit."

After dropping the boar off Mathias went to check up on Jonah, misty decided to tag along, she hadn't been out at all since she had gotten lost. As they went out she and Mathias both had to cover their nose against the smell. Jonah would certainly be happy to get back inside and away from the burning body

Jonah was standing as far from the fire as he dared. Hearing Mathias and Misty, he turned around and grinned. "A fine arouma out here, isn't it?"

"Truly tantalizing" Mathias joked back, keeping his nose covered.

Misty held both hands over her nose "just how long does it take to burn?"

Jonah shrugged. "No idea. I've never burned a body before, but I'd imagine it'll be done in an hour or two." He looked at Mathias. "Come to take over for me?"

Mathias nodded "figured you may want a break" he glanced at Misty before adding "she didn't want you to have to walk home alone"

Jonah smiled fondly at Misty. "You've a good heart and a strong nose." He walked over to join her. "Would you like to maybe take the long way back?"

Misty nodded "I'd like that" she held out one of her hands to him, dtill getting used to being in a relationship but loving the feeling of it. Sometimes she had to pinch herself

Jonah shyly took her hand, feeling a little thrill that she let him hold her hand. He started walking more or less toward the cave or burrow or whatever it was, but he was taking his time.

Mathias smiled after them. He wouldn't have put them together when he first met them but somehow it worked

Misty followed his lead, looking up at the sky "the air has been getting colder... I hope the others make it back before more weather hits..you think they are ok?"

"Between Badru's knowledge and Lynna's stubbornness, I'm sure they'll be just fine," Jonah assured her. "Maybe later than expected, but fine."

"What if..they had a run in with that..rabid..thing" saying the word cannibal still gave her uncomfortable shivers. Misty would always be a worry wart. Ahe had a big, sensitive maybe, but big heart

"Arena and Mathias only found one of them, so I doubt it. Probably got left behind and wandered around pointlessly from miles away," Jonah reassured her.

She nodded a little "I'm sure you're right" she sighed and decided to change the subject.

"It will be nice when we can get some huts put op... more privacy for everyone...Maybe we can...build one together? When we have the materials..."

Jonah blushed at Misty's suggestion and gave her a shy smile. "I... I think I'd like that," he agreed quietly. "A little place for the two of us. Sounds better than sharing a bedroll and occasionally stealing a kiss when we think no one is looking."

she smiled before leaning over and kissing his cheek affectionately "Then it's a plan, we'll make a place for two... We can use some of my paper to draw out a plan for it while we get materials" she suggested, excited he wanted to indeed share a space like that

Jonah turned an even brighter shade of red but grinned awkwardly. "Yeah, that sounds real grand," he agreed. "small and practical at first, but I bet I could add onto it over time and make it bigger. Roomier. Whatever you'd like."

Back