Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

Misty and Pepper both nodded. While Pepper gave Gray directions Misty turned to Badru "follow friend Gray" she pointed to him "come back" gods she wished she knew better words to explain. In time though she told herself. In time.

"I stay friend Pepper. Wait" she told him and waited to see if he got all that

Bandru frowned, not liking his asignment, but he nodded. At least Gray was not going to stay anywhere near the women. That was better. "I will go," he agreed, his words slow and careful for her sake. "You will wait." He turned and started walking.

Gray gave them a cheerful salute then ran after Badru. Who was supposed to be leading who here? But Badru slowed and let Gray take the lead after a bit. Gray had to trot to keep ahead of the big man, and he was out of breath long before they arrived at their destination. Allen was unceremoniously dumped at his residence, and badru immediately started back.

Gray hesitated, looking around the place. So. This was where the rat made his hole, was it? Hmm, this would be easy to find. Later. He turned and followed Badru back.

When they got back pepper and Misty were sitting outside still. Misty too tired to climb back up. Peter had come down and was curled up in peppers lap. She hummed softly to comfort him. At least he had not seen only heard them arguing.

Misty sat by keeping Pepper company though enjoying the humming too

Badru went straight to the two women and dropped to his knee in front of them. "I have completed the task," he told them, knowing Peter would understand even if the other two did not. "All is well now."

Gray caught up, panting and winded. His pale cheeks flushed pink. He was not used to running across the city and back again like this! He didn't bother trying to sign anything, busy coaxing air into his lungs.

Peter looked up when he heard glancing at Misty. She didn't seem to get it exactly so he translated

Pepper looked up "thank you...." she assumed by now he knee that one.

Misty smiled her appreciation too but his gesture made it feel like he was trying to act as her servant. She didn't like that.

"Peter...can you ask him if he knows why he is here?" She asked.

Peter obliged "Misty want's to know if you understand why you're here"

Badru considered. That was a complicated question. Why he was here as in currently existing? Here in this underground village? Here doing this specific task? Or here with her? He decided to try to be as safe with his answer as possible. "I am here to do what you request of me until I am not needed," he stated. "I have no place else to be, so I work here."

Peter nodded a little but seemed to understand Misty's concern "you know you are free to do what you wish? You don't have to serve anyone"

Badru frowned at that. "Everyone serves someone, even kings and chiefs. I must have someone to answer to."

Gray came over and sat down next to Misty. He knew a handful of words, but not enough to know what was going on. He waited patiently, figuring if it was important, eventually someone would clue him in on it.

Peter smiled "we are friends. Misty is friend not a master. You choose who you want to serve if you want to serve or be your own master"

Badru grunted and said nothing more. There was nothing more to say. He knew the authorities of this place did not know what to do with him, so until they did figure it out, he'd stick with what he knew. What he understood. He understood Little Water Droplet needed him right now, and possibly later, someone else would need him. It was better to needed. Better to stay in the now and not let himself slip into the past. There was nothing but rotting ghosts in the past. Not worth his time.

Peter looked back at the two women "I explained he doesn't have to serve anyone" he told them "Says he doesn't have anywhere else to go so he will work here" he explained to the others and shrugged.

"So...what exactly did we just get involved with?" Misty finally asked "was that...the boys father?" She guessed.

Pepper gave a nod

"And he.." Misty didn't get a chance to finish before Peter finished. "Hurts Mamma" he said quietly.

"Not anymore sweetie" Pepper said and kissed his head affectionately.

"So...you're staying with Gray?"

Pepper nodded "for a little while...he came in and rescued me from myself...." she gave him a smile.

Misty smiled too "sounds about right, he's a good man like that" she said, giving him a gentle nudge

Badru watched them then settled down. It appeared that whatever they were talking about, he was no longer the subject and they were willing to leave him be. He rose from kneeling and shifted to put his back to the wall, watching over the small group. The little Peter, his mother, Little Water Droplet, and the Shadow Man. He was not letting anyone mess with them right now. Peter's mother needed time to realize her strength again, and having won this fight would help, but not cement it if she got attacked again.

Gray smiled and shook his head. "I only showed her what the shadows were hiding, that is all. She did everything else," he explained.

"Well..sometimes it's the little things that matter most" Misty reasoned.

"Like me!" Peter piped up making Pepper laugh "yes like you" peter was small for his age

Gray grinned then frowned, looking up as he heard an imperceptible beep. No one else would have been able to hear it, but his sharp ears picked it up immediately. "Work calls me back," he signed regretfully. "I should get back. Peter may come with me if you would like, Pepper."

Pepper nodded and looked at Peter "want to go up with Gray? Give him a hand today?" She asked.

The boy nodded and got up. Be good to keep him busy and distracted plus he could take a look at that radio.

"Pepper why don't you three come over for dinner later... Badru and I are heading to market we can pick up some things..." Misty offered out of character. She was hoping to help Badru be more comfortable by getting to know some of the others too.

"Uhm..Gray what do you think?" Pepper asked

Gray considered the idea. "I do not know if I will be able to get off at that time, but Pepper and Peter should definitely go!" he encouraged.

Badru looked down when he heard his name, but it did not appear to be to him, so he turned his attention back to the world around them. How did they tell the time down here without any fluctuation in the light?

"I uh...well I suppose" Pepper decided it couldn't hurt to try and be social. Be a good distraction from her thoughts.

"We should be off then" Misty stood and looked at Badru "come?" She posed as a question. He didn't have to go with her

Badru rose like a mountain and looked to Little Water Droplet for direction. He glanced briefly at Pepper. Was it wise to leave her alone? Hmm, it should be fine. Little Water Droplet was her friend and would not leave her if it was unsafe. He turned to walk back toward the rest of the village. Main village. The part where everyone lived? He sighed. Oh for the days when he understood most things.

Gray smiled and waved to Misty. "Thank you for dropping by!"

Misty waved back with a smile before leading on.

The market was small for the size of city it was. But still plenty of shops to choose from. The busiest part of the entire city. Though she had gone later to avpid the rush. 3ven so, there were a lot of people who openly stared up and Badru and others who hurried away in fright.

Maybe it hadn't been a great idea to lead him here...

Badru ignored the rush of people. Or at least appeared to be ignoring them. He was fully aware of them and keep an eye on some in his peripheral vision, but no one seemed to be dangerous. He walked along behind Little Water Droplet, keeping close but not crowding her as he followed her around, willing to carry whatever she might need. Carry, hold, intimidate... whatever was needed. He did not mind.

Back