Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

Misty was actually a bit better off financially than a lot of people given her important job. She did well for herself...

She stopped and got some flatbreads and a small cake. Peter especially was shure to enjoy that.

She picked out a bunch if stuff both for tonight and simply regular restock. If it wasn't for Bardu she'd of had to pay extra to have someone from the store carry for her.

Having gotten the necessities taken care of she paused to point at him then gesture around the market. Was there anything he wanted?

Badru held the bags easily in one arm, the muscles straining slightly, but he was still comfortable. When she started pointing to him and then around the market, he followed her gesture then frowned in confusion. She... wanted him to jog around the market? "Not understand," he said slowly and distinctly in his native tongue.

She sighed and pulled out the notebook and flipping through a little before coming up with something "you..want..something?" She asked with hopefully more clarification

Badru considered the question for a long, silent moment. "Yes," he finally stated, using her language for the word. Then he switched back to his own. "It is cold. I would like a shirt." He had no idea how he was going to pay back a shirt, but since she had asked, he might as well tell her what he wanted.

She understood enough of the words to get his meaning. She waved for him to follow, leading him to a local tayler, she knew they did some custom sizes for Mathias sometimes so hoped these people would be able to help.

She tapped the bell on the counter And waited.

It wasn't long before the man came arojns the corner. An older thin man with a bent back and glasses perched on his nose

"How can I..." he froze and stared at Badru, pushing the glasses up his thin nose.

"Oh my Misty...I will have to start from scratch on this big fellow. My my" he smiled and grabbed a measuring tape.

Misty looked up at Badru, pointed at the bags and then a spot on the floor.

"Oh is a deaf giant?" He asked

"No just uh..language barriar" Misty replied "he is from the top"

"I'd say he must be" he chuckled but did not seem afraid

Last edited:
Badru set the bags down carefully then looked down at the old man curiously. He bent over for a closer look, staring at his eyeglasses. What curious things. He straightened again and looked between Misty and the old man. Alright... now what?

"Curiouse one isn't he" the man chickled before coming forward to take measurements. Miary was entirely helpless trying to explain what was happening this time

Badru frowned at first when the man came forward, but then he spotted the measuring tape. Oh, measurements for clothing. Sure, the markings were different, but anyone who'd ever had clothing made for them knew what the flashing tape meant. He knelt so the tailor could get an accurate measurement of his chest, shoulders, and arms, then stood when it appeared he wanted leg measurements. No man liked the leg measurements. Badru, himself, had only been measured by his mother and... one other he trusted.

The old man went about taking the measurements and chatting up Misty the whole time..well just chatting while Misty listened and nodded occasionally with an "mhmm" she didn't mind letting others do the talking.

The old man jotted down the measurements "will take me a bit of time to make some clothes for em...what would ya like big guy?" He picked up his "catalog" which was sketches of the different kinds of clothes. And opened it for Badru and tapped the page with raised brow. Silently asking what he would like

Badru looked over the pictures studiously, squinting a little. How did they living in this darkness? It was so hard to see anything on these pages. He could make it out well enough, though, and finally pointed to what he wanted. They were the simplest garments that he could see with earth tone colors. Yes, these would do. He looked to Little Water Droplet for aproval.

Misty looked at the one he had picked out and smiled, nodding a little "can you make two sets?" She asked the tayler who gave a nod "certainly my dear..." he said as he wrote that down too "give me a couple days" he said.
"Anything at all that might fit him today?" Misty asked. "Hmm" he tapped his chin with the pencil "let me see.." he set it on the counter and disappeared into the back.

It seemed to take awhile but eventually he returned with a shirt. Looked like he had taken two partially finished ones and stitched them together. Despite the impromptu nature of it, not too bad.

He held it up for Badru to try in

Badru carefully slid on the shirt and tried it out. It was a bit tight in the shoulders, but other than that, it was a good fit. This tailor knew his stuff. He nodded in satisfaction. "This is good," he said. "Do I keep it on?" He hoped so. It was chilly down here! Chilly, dark, and rusty. He'd never known what rust smelled like before now.

Misty didn't quite know all the words but enough she got his meaning. "Yes. Keep" she smiled then paid the tailor what was due for the quickly put together shirt.

With that finished they could head back and tart on dinner

Bandru walked carefully, juggling the bags and taking great care with his new shirt. He was not messing it up! Or worse, ripping it. He did what he could to help Little Water Droplet, but when it came to making dinner, he was forced to sit cross-legged out of the way. His giant fingers were of no help here.

~~

Gray finished working on the radio Misty had given him and closed it up. It wasn't complete yet, but he figured he would finish it tomorrow. Air space was quieter than usual, too. He signed off and stretched mightily. Maybe he could make it to Misty's for dinner. He looked down at his grey flannel sweatshirt and jeans. Should he change? Pepper would know.

Misty didn't mind making the dinner. She talked while she did so hopefully Badru could pick up more words, mostly just naming the things she was using and descriptive things like "stirring" but in such a way as not to make Badru feel stupid or like she was treating him like a child. Just trying to help. At least she hoped that was the case. How could she know how it was coming across?

--

Pepper hadn't left for Misty's yet having just gotten Peter to take a shower and get a fresh set of clothes on

Badru listened in silence, picking up words surprisingly fast, mentally repeating anything he recognized. He enjoyed her voice, though his expression would not have given him away. He sat solemn and unexpressive, listening intently. It was helpful how she named everything.

~~~

Gray checked the time once more then slid down his ladder and walked away before doubling back and following the shadows back to his home. Call him paranoid, but he did not want anyone who didn't need to to know where he lived. He walked in and heard the water running. He wondered what they thought of his shower that was nearly literally a waterfall and covered in moss and other plants that loved humidity and water.

Finally she put the tray in to bake her lasagna. The food they had was primarily synthetically made with artificial flavors to mimic what they'd had in years past. None alive knew now if it tasted like it did then.

"There..that ought to do it.." she sat down with a glass of water and swallowed a pain pill for her shoulder and her antibiotic to keep the infection from taking hold again.

--

Just as he was thinking that he hear Peter "coolest shower ever!" Pepper chuckled and glanced up at Gray "he is completely fascinated by your home Gray"

Badru gave a quiet nod. "Good," he stated simply in her langue. He did not know what that... stuff... was that she was cooking, but it smelled pleasant enough and would be nourishing. He looked down at her shoulder. He gestured quietly, asking in wordless fashion if it hurt.

~~

Gray grinned at Pepper and signed, "Good! I am glad he likes it. My house has never had this many admirers before. I think it appreciates the attention."

Misty by then was picking up on his body language better to get his meaning "yes." She nodded "it will get better. Just takes time" she sighed. Until then it was going to be annoying working one handed.

--

Pepper smiled "does it? How would you know?" She was mostly kidding. Plants didn't have thoughts of their own.

Badru gave another of his single nods. "Good," he stated.

~~

Gray tipped his head quizzically. "You cannot sense it?" he asked. Then he smiled and shook his head. "Never mind. It matters not. What does matter is that I have not been out to dinner in such a long time! Is this proper attire?"

Back