Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

"Thirsty?" She realized she hadn't offered a drink when she had gotten one herself

--

Pepper raised a brow, she sensed nothing.

She smiled at his next question "I'm sure it's fine. Misty knows you it's just a casual dinner"

Badru shook his head. "No. No thirsty." He knew that wasn't quite right, but it was close enough.

~~

Gray nodded. "Alright. Thank you. Whenever you are ready to go, it looks like I will be coming with you."

"Soon as Peter is ready" she said "this is about as good as I get so will have to do" she didn't have a pair of clothes rhat wasn't stained with greece and patched after being torn and worn out from work. These at least had fewer marks

--

She nodded and pulled her feet up on to the couch to wait for the timer. Honesty. She could just go to sleep already.

"You look really nice," Gray told her. He smiled, still hearing the splashing of water. "Peter is enjoying himself." He paused then added with a playful smile,"Did you know he wants us to date?"

Pepper flushed faintly pink and stared at him a second "he...my Peter said that?" She knew the boy liked Gray but that much? To want her to be with him? "And..what did you tell him?"

Gray smiled, his eyes twinkling. "I told him I liked you a lot, but only as a friend. He said he wished it would work, though, because maybe a new fellow would make you happy again. Not exactly his words, but close."

She smiled a little, a sad smile "he's a sweet boy...he shouldn't have to worry about me..I am happy just he and I..whatever it may seem" though it would be nice to feel loved properly

Pepper offered a small smile back, then looked over as Peter walked out toweling his hair dry "all set?" Pepper asked

"Mhmm!" He smiled happily, excited to see Badru again! He liked the big silent guy! Misty seemed nice too.

"Your mother says you like my house, Peter," Gray signed with a smile. He opened the door and checked outside before stepping aside and holding the door for them.

Peter grinned "I do! It's incredible what you've done! It's like living outside but also inside" he said as he followed Pepper out "how did you do it?"

Gray opened his mouth in a silent laugh before he answered. "I found what likes to grow in caves, and I made a cave that they would like to grow in. It makes me happy, and I do my best to make them happy."

Peter looked entirely amazed "but how did you get all that soft green stuff? Did you dig out that cave in your own? How long did it take?" He had a whole slew of questions

Gray patiently tried to answer all of Peter's questions as they walked, which was a little difficult when you did not speak, only signed, but he did his best. "There are some deep caves that I found a long time ago. I got some of the plants from there, and Mathias helped me get a couple plants, as well. I have been doing this for a long time. I do not know exactly how long."

"That's really amazing! Mamma why can't we make a place like that?" He asked

Pepper chuckled "I don't think I have quite the same skill or patience as Gray. Our home is just fine"

"It's so cramped though" he wrinkled his nose

"So is Grays" she pointed out

"Doesn't feel like it" he countered. Pepper sighed "we aren't building a cave home"

Gray smiled and patted Peter's shoulder before responding. "I will show you how to make your house feel bigger even if it does not have plants in it," he promised. "But first, we should have a nice dinner and talk to Badru and Misty, should we not?"

Peter smiled "well I guess that will have to be enpugh. Baby steps!" He grinned making Pepper laugh a little "no plants Peter. We can get into trouble foe that"

Peter pouted and huffed "fine.." but secretly still planned to get a plant in there..

Soon they arrived at Misty's place. It wasn't terribly far really

Gray stepped up and tapped on the door before backing away a little to not crowd the door.

Badru's head swung around, a frown on his lips. An instant later came the sound of Gray's tap. He'd caught the sound of approaching steps before the knock, but to be fair, none of them were particularly trying to be silent, especially Peter.

Misty smiled "company" she said before going to the door and opening it "come on in. Dinner is nearly done" she said. A bit more cramped with all of them there but there was just enough space they could sit around then living room to eat and talk

Badru moved to be even more in the corner and make space. Ah, good, Pepper and Peter, the two friends. Oh. And him. Why did he have to be here? Why did she treat him as a friend?

Gray smiled and nodded as he made his way in. He did not try to sign to Misty in these crowded confines, but his expression said he was pleased to be here.

Back