Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

Pepper smiled "it will be nice to have some help. The guys will thank him too" she said. Heavy lifting and the higher up work..could use someone so tall and strong down there

"And Misty. The food is great. Thank you" she added for the host.

"I'm glad it's good" Misty said "I have desert if you'd like"

Gray perked up. "More great food?" he asked eagerly. "Oh, that is wonderful! This has been so delicious. I do not often eat much other than rations."

"Well I don't have visitors often so thought a treat would be nice" she said "Peter, why don't you go to my ice box and pull out the box that's in there" she prompted.

The boy hopped up and ran off to go do so. "Cake!?" he exclaimed from the kitchen making Misty smile kids were so sweet. the boy brought it back carefully as not to drop it. It was a small cake but enough everyone could have a small piece anyway

Gray's eyes widened and he brought his hands together in quiet excitement. Cake! He could not remember the last time he'd tasted the stuff.

Badru was not certain what was going on, but he could ascertain from the other's reactions that this was a big deal. He would have to be careful not to offend anyone.

Peter was far too excited and opened the box. A chocolate cake by the look of it.

"Oh hold on there Peter, let me help" Pepper said before he could try and lift it out. Afraid he would drop it.
Carefully she lifted it out and set to cutting it into even slices. Misty didn't mind her taking that over, just happy everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, that was the main thing.

Gray thanked her for his slice, feeling Badru's eyes digging into him. Why did it seemed the big man was so opposed to his presence? He honestly couldn't think of a reason that was not pure speculation or outlandish. Maybe he'd ask Peter to ask when it was not a party.

Peter wasn't as discrete, taking notice too "you don't like Gray?" he asked Badru, tilting his head before taking a bite of his cake. Misty and Pepper both picked up on the name but nothing else. Misty chose not to ask yet to see what happened

"That is not for me to say," Badru grunted. "I am a guest. Not a judge."

Gray glanced at them curiously but said nothing, more interested in attacking his cake piece.

Peter frowned a bit, not really satisfied with that answer, he liked Gray, he didn't treat him like a little kid and let him help out at work, even though hew was still a kid.

"PEter what did you say?" Pepper asked "Nothing" Peter shook his head and took a bite of cake instead "mmm I never had cake! Thanks Misty!"
Misty smiled in response "Glad you like it Peter, but never once had it?"

the boy shook his head "Nope, too expensive for us" he said innocently. Pepper shifted but didn't commnet

"I have only had it once before. It is very good! Thank you for this treat, Misty," Gray said honestly.

Badru poked the cake cautiously then took a bite. Hmm, this was a lot better than he expected! He ate slowly, savoring each bite. So sweet and springy!

Misty smiled again, quite pleased everyone seemed so happy about the meal she had provided. She liked to please people, didn't like conflict, generally shy and reserved and wore her heart on her sleeve.

"You're welcome Gray" she said "thought we could all use a treat tonight..." she said, somehow good food lifted spirits and Pepper and Peter seemed to need it more than any of them.

The party went on, everyone enjoying themselves or at least seeming to, on Badru's part. They eventually broke up, Gray taking Peter and Pepper back to his home while Badru settled down to sleep in Misty's house. It was a good evening all around.

The next day, Lynna finally left her house and went out running along the streets. It felt good to stretch her legs again! She headed out along the lesser-used areas, aiming to get beyond the city border.

The way up to Mathias's home was outside the city boundary. Not by a lot but it was none the less and he liked it that way. The city got so loud and cramped. The quiet solitude suited him best

So he was quite surprised when he heard foot falls coming around the bend as he was about to head up, he paused and watched? Waiting to see if it was a runner come to deliver a message to him as they sometimes did.

Lynna panted for breath as she rounded the corner, feeling the pleasant burn in her legs. She came around the corner and skidded to a halt with a yelp. Person! Right in front of her! "Yah!" She caught her breath and looked closer. "Oh, hi, Mathias. I didn't expect you out here."

Mathias chuckled a little "I could say the same about you" he pointed out "only people who come out here are my sister nephew and messengers" he said "looks like you could use a break from your run and a drink. Come on up?"

Lynna chuckled breathlessly as she wiped the sweat from her brow. "Sure! Thank you. I knew you lived somewhere around here, but not here-here."

"Most don't realize where I live and I prefer it that way" he said before reaching up and pulling a cord. A sort of step ladder folded down. Thick wood branches tied securely to make the steps and cords and a sort of pulley system rigged up to make the stairs up "bit of a climb" he cautioned "but come along if you're truly up for it" he said before heading up the steps, his bag of fresh perchased supplies hanging over one shoulder

Lynna followed him willingly, looking around curiously. "This is a lot of wood. Is it all from roots? Or did you bring it from up top?" she asked.

"Mostly from the top" he answered as he climbed up into the hole the ladder had come out of. It was a dark steep and narrow stairway, no room to stand up right so it was still a bit like climbing a ladder.

After what seemed quite a long climb Mathias stopped and pushed open a hatch and climbed out, green light spilling into the stairwell from the room above. standing at the top he reached a hand back to give her a hand up if she needed it

The house was still technically underground, the roof was in large part, thick glass, a bit mucky from the storm still but they could see outside still pretty clearly. That part of the room was slanted like the house was built into the hillside, the back part of the room more underground.

Unlike many other residents, it was pretty spacious and tall, plenty of room to stretch out and that was just the main room, there was a hallway leading to other parts of the home

"Whoa!" Lynna breathed as she looked around "It's so big! And... leads to the top? Is that legal? How do you not get lost in all this space?" She walked around a little, shocked, awed, and a a touch hesitant. Something didn't feel right about this giant tunnel house.

Back