Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

Peter thought about that looking up at his mother "mm I'd say she is a tiger lily" Peter answered

"Oh a tiger lily am I?" Pepper smirked "I like the sound of that"

Justira leaned into his touch. It meant all the more to her knowing it wasn't easy for him to touch

"Tiger lilly, that's a good one," Lynna nodded. "What about Misty? What is she?"

Gray took a breath and forced down the feelings touching her brought up and stroked her arm lightly, holding her as best he knew how. Actually, he had no idea what he was doing having never done this before, but he was doing his best.

It was working, Justira slowly stopped trembling quite so much, relaxing a little but still crying. Probably end up crying herself to sleep.

Peter looked over at misty thoughtfully "forget me not" he said after a moment

Lynna looked at Misty thoughtfully. "Hmm, yes, I think you are right. Alright, how about a tough one. Hmm..." She cast her eyes about. "What is Badru?"

Peter looked over at him and wrinkled his nose in thought "a cactus flower or a sunflower cause he's so tall"

Badru turned to look at Peter. "Cactus flower," he agreed quietly before turning back.

"I like it, though I think you are both wrong," Lynna said. "Badru isn't as prickly as a cactus. What about one of those flowering trees?"

"Mm I guess but I picked cactus because he is really strong and if you treat him or people he cares about wrong he'll fight back. You don't mess with a cactus" Peter explained his reasonings behind the choice. Sunflower had been more of a joke

Lynna thought about that. "That's actually a really smart point. Nice. Okay, um... How about Jonah? He's a big sourpuss, so what does he get? A skunk flower?"

He giggled a little, enjoying this game "no. He's a crown of thorns. Can be real prickly but he's nice when it comes to it" Peter decided "what am I then?"

Jonah frowned. "Crown of thorns? Charming."

"I think... you are a sweet pea vine," Lynna said after some thought. "You are climbing up taller and taller, curious, and you turn toward the sun."

Peter grinned at that "I like it!" He said, happy enough with his choice

While they talked Mathias used a blanket to cover the entrance and keep the warmth in.

"Alright...can't have a fire inside so we'll be sharing body heat. Nobody sleeps by themselves" Mathias spoke up "I'll take first watch. Badru second?"

Badru grunted in agreement.

Jonah sighed wearily. "I just got the fire going. It was a good one, too."

Lynna edged closer to Peter and leaned over. "Hey," she whispered, "you haven't done me or Gray yet. What am I?"

Gray heard the order, but he was already pretty well nestled with Justira, so he figured there was no use moving. Perhaps he could volunteer for third watch if Mathias looked at him. It should be nice and dark, or second watch would also be nice.

"Yes but there is nowhere foe the smoke to go" he pointed out. "Not good to have a fire in a cave"

He glanced around "anyone want third watch?"

Justira had begun to fall asleep already nestled with Gray, his presence a great comfort

"you could leave the blanket off and let the smoke get out that way," Jonah grumbled.

"So others can trace the smoke?" Lynna pointed out.

Jonah frowned, not having not thought of that, and laid down.

Gray raised his free hand carefully. He'd take the third watch.

Mathias nodded to Gray "good, thank you Gray. Get some rest now all of you. Tomorrow qill be a long day of travel"

Everyone settled down quietly, Lynna still pouting that she never got a flower, and closed their eyes for sleep.

Gray didn't sleep. He sat next to Justura, his eyes on the entrace of the cave, waiting for Justira to fall completely asleep before moving.

Peter settled down with his mother to sleep with Badru on his other side keeping his nice and toasty warm for the night or until Badru took watch.

Misty settled between Lynna and Jonah so everyone had someone to share body heat to share.

Justira soon enough fell asleep feeling safe and comforted

Gray moved carefully to not wake Justira, making cerain she was close to Lynna to keep her warm as he rose and went to the front of the cave. Darkness had fallen fully now, and there were no sounds other than the soft speach of nature.

Mathias was outside keeping first watch. He looked up when Gray came out "you should be resting"

"I am alright," Gray signed. "I cannot sleep. It is too stuffy. Warm, but stuffy." He chose not to mention that he physically could not endure to keep touching another person. He needed space! Besides, he really did feel fine sleep-wise. He sat down near Mathias and looked up at the trees blocking out even the starlight.

Back