Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

Faelar poked his head out from behind the blanket curtain and pointed to the door. It was easy enough to get the hint so she stood and went to the door, opening it for Gray, she smiled shyly when she saw him and opened the door wider for him to come on in. "My brother is washing up now" she explained in sign to him, now knowing he could understand her of course. It was nice that people down here did, at least some of them. She felt pretty lucky.

Gray set down the bags so he could sign in return. It was a pleasure to speak to someone who "spoke" so smoothly! He appreciated his friend's attempts, but most were not exactly "smooth." "I would not wish to intrude. I wanted only to bring you dinner. I hope it will sit well with you. I have never had food from the surface, but I do know it is little like what you are used to."

It was a nice change for her too. The only person she could really talk to was her brother. It did make it easier to be less shy too.

"You're nor intruding" she insisted "it4nice to talk to someone besides my brother" she admitted to him and blushed faintly "I'm sure the food is fine. After three days with no food or rest. Anything is welcome"

Gray smiled and picked up the sacks before stepping in. He set them on the counter then went to the wall. A thin panel pulled out, and a leg folded down to make a reasonable sized table that could disappear. A bonus in such a small place. He set out the food, arranging it pleasingly, or trying to since meals were not his thing.

Justira stepped in to assist with laying out the plates and everything for them to eat. She didn't mind.

Behind her Faelar stepped out, toweling his hair dry "oh hi Gray" he smiled "thank ya fer the place ta stay and food"

Gray waved a hand before replying. "It is the least I can do for honored guests! I am only sorry you did not come in better means. "

"I dunno if honored is the right word" Faelar said with a quiet chuckle "couple nobodies just happen ta stumble close by and get screamin enough ta get Lynnas attention" he glanced at his sister, who had been the one screaming. She hadn't been able to read his lips at that angle though. She seemed a bit more subdued around her brother. Probably used to him doing the talking for her

She shook her head and motioned to her wrapped arms before she signed the wolves tore up my arms but your healer said they will heal but I will always bare the scars" she signed and smiled a bit to show she was ok

"Guess that's a perk o livin down here. None of them vermin ta eat ya up" Faelar commented

Gray smiled sympatheticly as he looked at the bandages. "I am sorry, those look painful. And we do have a few dangers, but not quite like that, no. Now, I know you must be tired. I will leave you to rest, but I wished to tell you I have alerted the council. They seem to be confused as to what to do, but they will likely want to speak to you at some point."

Faelar nodded "we will wait here then until somethin is decided or until somin asks fer us. Last thing we want is ta cause trouble" he answered.

Justira once more just letting him speak for them both though she did add "you will not stay and eat with us?"

Gray shook his head. "Thank you, but I need to get home. A friend is staying with me, and I want to make certain they are alright. Is there anything you need before I go?"

"Na we are ok. More than ok thanks be to all ya" Faelar answered for them both yes again.

Justira looked down and fidgeted with the ties of her dress, making no further comments of her own.

Gray nodded and started to turn but noticed Justira's movements. He waited to get her attention then signed, "Are you alright?"

She nodded yes but went on to add "just nervous not knowing what will happen to us. If your authorities decide we can't stay, it is back to the wolves..." she doubted she and her brother could make it up there on their own

Gray reached out but drew back before touching her. "You will not be returned to the wolves. We would help you. We have people who travel short distances on the surface. We would find a way to help."

She smiled faintly "you are not in charge. Don't make promises you don't have the power to keep. I appreciate the sentiment but you don't know what will happen either" she hoped he didn't take offence. She certainly didn't mean to offend

"I never make promises I cannot keep. It does not matter what the authorities say if Lynna, Mathias, and Misty like you enough to help," Gray told her, his eyes serious. "And you have me."

She smiled a little, he had a gentle way about him that she liked and he seemed genuine to her too.

"Kindness like yours is rare. Thank you"

"Thank you, though I am sorry you find it to be rare," Gry signed. "I will leave you to rest now. I will let you know if anything comes up."

Back