Mr. Moonglade's Extraordinary Orphanage

"No, I haven't seen him." Xylia said, just before Kardia fainted and then got back up. "Does that happen often?" She asked Kardia, noticing the young girl and cat leave the room. Maybe the other's aren't big fans of shopping? She thought, noticing how Remi was more inviting than the others in first meetings.

Remi half-raised an eyebrow at Kardia when they collapsed, getting up almost immediately after with a report on Moonglade's green soul. Interesting. He hoped that fainting thing wasn't a regular occurrence. He really didn't want to have to be responsible for someone falling over every two seconds. "I'm guessing Kardia just did," he said, cocking his head to the side.
He moved quickly to step lightly on Madi's shadow, just stopping her short, like grabbing her sleeve, but faster and easier. He let go straight away. "Where do you think you're going, kid? Doesn't catboy want some new toys?"

Madi nearly tripped over her own feet when Remi stopped her short, and let out a loud yelp as she tried to counterbalance. Once she was safely back on both feet, she let out a sigh of relief, then looked over at Remi with a momentary scowl. She wasn't as angry as before, but it was still plenty terrifying to be stopped in place like that.

Her demeanor changed slightly when he seemed to be offering to include her in the trip. She knew Remi was friendly, but she wasn't expecting an actual invite to go somewhere. She'd never really tried to do anything like that since she got here, but an actual offer to go somewhere (if it was even that and not just teasing) was way nicer than she expected from anyone here.

"You r-really wanna t-take me?" She asked, holding her cat even closer than before so he wouldn't get too annoyed by being called 'catboy'.

Dusk narrows his eyes at Remi. "Quit flailing that shadow around like its nothing. You know nobody likes being grabbed by it." He gets closer to him. "Give me my papers so I can go finish cleaning up in my room. Its in your butt pocket and i'm not reaching down there to get it out. Please, Rem." Dusk gives a nudge. "Also, let Madi go." He was already beginning to get annoyed of Rem, and it was still early.

Remi laughed, jerking a thumb at Dusk. "Well I can't exactly take him, can I?"
Madi seemed rather confused by the whole notion. Remi wracked his brains briefly. Had he really never taken her shopping? God, he couldn't even remember last time he'd been shopping. He needed a posse.
He turned to Dusk. "I let go of her ages ago, Dusk." He fished the papers out of his back pocket, handing them over physically. He could have sent them straight back to his rom, but he doubted Dusk would have liked that right then. "You want anything while we're out?"

"Well the more the merrier right?" Xylia said. "If you wanted to go, I have this illusion mist from Russia that should work for you." She said to Dusk. She had almost tossed it, given that she had no use for it but luckily, she brought it with her.

"W-Wait seriously? You could...well..." he stammered remembering what Moon had told him about leaving the ranch with his lower-half. "I mean, thats great, but I probably should just go ahead and stay here. I'm not quite shopping material anyways." That was probably one of the biggest lies he'd told. Dusk himself would do just about anything to go out and be recognized as normal. "Also, if anything happens with that mist, its over."

Remi's eyes lit up. He kissed Xylia on the cheek and ran to Dusk, throwing his arms onto his shoulders. "DUSK! You are coming. I don't care what Moonglade says. You know how long I've been waiting to get you into real clothes store?"
Remi pointed to Kardia. "You come too, Kardia."

"You sure?" She asked, sliding off the chair she sat in. Remi rushed over and kissed her cheek, leaving her smiling and giddy with excitement. "It's supposed to last exactly 12 hours. Here, how about I just go get it then you can decide?" She asked him, already half way to her room. Quickly, she rummaged through her back pack where she kept her things from back home and found the bottle. It was long and slender, about the size of an air freshener and it even had the instructions and ingredients scribbled on it's label in her mother's hand writing. Running back to the group, she handed the spray to Dusk. "Look it comes with the instructions and ingredients and though i'm no witch, I can replicate the mist if you like it." She said looking up at him with her big, brown eyes, attempting to look sad. "I think that we should all go and explore. I know i'm new around here but who doesn't enjoy shopping?"

"Hm, what?" Kardia looked back up at Remi. "No thanks. I've been in the rain and going to a mall soaking wet is... rude, I think." Plus, xe was broke. It wasn't fun.

Uh...b-but I..." the centaur stammered. "I mean...eh, sure ok fine. But only under one condition. If anything does go wrong, you guys don't know me. Your horrified and you've never seen anything like me. You can't stick up for me if something goes down, got it? If that happens, we're all dead." He turns his head to Remi. "And, I'm not wearing crap from the store. I can barely wear clothes already."

"Wait what? We can't help you?" Xylia sighed. "I don't know what to tell you besides that I will cover you in flowers to keep your identity safe if I need to." She said confidently. "But i'm confident in the serum. My mother was quite skilled with her craft."

Remi gave Dusk a kiss on the cheek as well. "I promise, I will only make you look even more handsome than you already are."
He pointed at Xylia. "See? The girl's confident. And if her flowers don't work, I'll drown you in shadows. No-one'll be able to see you well enough to call you Spirit."
Turning to Kardia, he shrugged. "We'll wait until after the rain has stopped, and I'm sure you can be dry by then."

Dusk blushed at the kiss and comment, quickly dropping his gaze. "Alright...well, i'll just go ahead and continue cleaning to past time. It was nice meeting our two new newbies." He gives a slightwave goodbye before returning to his fortress of writing deep in thought about Rem. This had happend to him all the time. Whenever Remi had playfully flirted with him, his mind would always fill with these questions and thoughts about how he felt toward Rem, and it did feel somewhat confusing to him at times. Even if I did have my mind made up about how I feel, i'd barely have the courage to say something. "I'm such a coward..." he grumbled compressing and already balled up piece of paper in his fist.

So... they weren't supposed to let his general lower half be seen? Okay. Kardia sighed. "Fine by me. Just catch me if I pass out." It'd probably happen, even if just to get away from the sheer overstimulation of data. The Heart Realm was so nice. It was simple, straightforward, not the kind of program humans liked to use. Xe took a seat, finishing the last bit of the apple and crushing the seed xe'd decided to eat.

Speaking of the Heart Realm, what else could xe see? More information on Mr Moon would be nice, especially as he seemed to be the caretaker in this orphanage. Or maybe xe could look into what Dusk was doing. He'd left looking... guilty, all of a sudden. Xe delved right back into it, feeling xir body going unconscious in the back of xir mind.

Guilt. About... not saying something? Boring. Was there anyone else here? And was the mall they were going to outside xir range? Xe checked. Yes, it was too far to go without risking another funeral home experience. That place was not fun. Not at all. Xe decided to look through the rest of the orphans' hearts, flipping through colour after colour until xe found the one xe was looking for.

The cat. Dageru. Was it a natural phenomenon or the result of some curse? Xe checked quickly, and- natural phenomenon it was. Although his heart seemed to be bound to that of the girl he was with. Dull. Xe had hoped it was a curse.

Kardia let consciousness fade back in, finding that xir head was on a table. And it hurt. Xe hated this construct sometimes. Everything had the potential to hurt when xe woke back up.

Haji had been staring at Kardia, rather meanly. Though she had kept quiet and had breakfast during most of this mornings strange encounters she had listened in on the conversation and somehow instictively didn't like Kardia. Her bowl was empty, so she thought it appropriate to engane in some... Conversation.
"Hearts? Rather strange." She says, looking at Kardia with a glare.

Last edited:
Once all the hubbub died down, Madi dared to do something. She had no chance of trying while everyone was in that whirlwind of conversation, but now...

She reached out to tug on Xylia's sleeve, with a hand and not her powers, and quietly asked "C-can I use the st-stuff t-too?"

At a glance, it was obvious she didn't need it. She looked like a normal kid, nothing to hide with any illusions. But her cat was a strange color, and her grip on him clearly gave away a lot of excitement and anticipation. The cat himself was just staring at Xylia with narrowed eyes, waiting for her answer.

"Sure thing sweetie." She answered, handing her the mist. "Same thing goes for you, I can remake it if you like."

"Th-thank you." Madi replied, a bright smile growing on her face. She made sure to set her cat down before she took the spray can, and she examined the bottle carefully once it was in her hands. If Xylia could make this stuff just off the ingredients, maybe she could too...

But she saved those thoughts for later, and just took in all the information she could get for now. Once she was satisfied enough to come back to reality, a thought occurred to her, and she decided to ask another question. "Sh-should I w-wait? T-to use it? D-Dusk is..."

Remi glanced down at Madi. What did she want the stuff for? If everyone started using it they were gonna look too normal. He wondered vaguely if any of his school friends would be at the bar. More specifically, he wondered if that junior who had a very good way of repaying Remi for his maths tutoring would be there.
Dropping his gaze to Haji, he gave a snort at her glare. "Yeah, like you're one to talk. You coming?" Still, Kardia had dropped off into unconsciousness and smacked their head on the table pretty hard, so maybe Haji had a point.
Glancing out the window, Remi watched the rain slow to a drizzle. "Hey look, that's good enough for me. Ok, I'll go get Dusk. Everyone reconvene in five."
Melting into the shadows, Remi moved through them, into his room. The shift wasn’t instantaneous-it took him time to find where he was going and to jump through enough sadows to get there-but to was still ten times faster than walking, and didn't involve three flights of stairs.
He popped out in his own room, in the space beside the covered he always kept dark for this very purpose. Stripping off his pjs, he started throwing on reasonable clothes for going out in.
Halle-fricking-lujah they were finally going out of the bloody house. And they were going shopping! There was going to be decor shopping and he was determined to get Dusk into a button up. There was just something about a centaur in a nice button up shirt that he was sure was going to be damn sexy. Maybe he'd even be able to find Haji one of those stylish hoodies so she wouldn't have to stay in the dark ages but could still have her freedom.
Grabbing his wallet and wrapping his scarf around his throat, he checked his make up, and melted through the shadows and back to the first floor, straight into Dusk's room. He leaned against the door. "The rain has stopped! Let's go, Dusk! What are you wearing for your very first outing?"

Back