Mr. Moonglade's Extraordinary Orphanage

He wore a dark blue button up shirt with small palm trees scattered everywhere. As for his lower half, nothing of course. "Is this ok or should I wear something a bit more teenagy looking. I haven't been out in years, so i'm in the dark about what looks good and what doesn't." he responds buttoning the final top button. Noticing the wallet in Remi's hand, he continued "H-How much money should I bring. I forgot how much clothes can cost." The centaur pulls out the top drawer from his dresser and lifts some clothes, pulling out a bit of money from his secret stash.

Haji looks at Remi, thinking for a second. Maybe she should get out of the house. She could get some new cloaks and boots, and maybe even some craft supplies for her room since she was looking to change it up. Looking at what she was wearing, she decided it was good enough. Standing up, she walks to Dusks door and glances at his attire. "I like it," she says, tilting her head oddly. "You're acting off. Newbies?"

He shrugs. "Um...kinda. I mean, Remi insists I go and the new girl says she has a special mist that I could use to go out. Plus, Mr. Moon never lets me go anywhere. So, why not this once, maybe? Your coming too, right Haji? Your ok with me coming along?"
(Sorry for shortness)

She narrows her eyes. He's not usually this nervous. She slowly walks closer, trying to gauge his body language. A twitch. Fidgeting hands. His hoof moving a bit. "I guess I'll go. Need more cloaks. You okay?" She asks, her face displaying slight concern and curiosity.

Remi watched the exchange from the door. The shirt was a good start. Daww, the poor guy seemed nervous. Haji wandered in to ask him. At least that meant she was coming. At this point it looked like everyone was coming for moral support, but he'd take it if it got everyone out of the house. "I'm sure he's fine. Look at him in a shirt that doesn't have an action figure on it. Do you reckon Xylia's mist gives you pants?"

Duskly nods giving a small smile. "Yeah, heh. Just feeling a bit excited and nervous is all. Last I went out, I was still a colt so i'm excited to see things again but, I don't want anything bad to happen either. You don't get nervous whenever your out?"

Haji relaxes a bit. Remi's probably right. And now that he's mentioned it, she can't help but think about how strange she'll look. However, it's only a small thought. She looks off into the distance.
"Creja... didn't let me go out... except for once..." She mumbles as she thinks about that day. The clouds were gray... and the children laughed, but not for joy... and then... she blinks, and turns her head to look away.
"Yeah. Sometimes." She states coldly. Her cheeks flush a bit out of embarrassment. She shouldn't be thinking about Creja now. She's moved on.

Remi glanced over at Haji. Jesus, he hadn’t meant for this all to be a big flashback sesh to their troubled pasts. This trip was turning into a therapy session. Still, Haji memtioned Creja so rarely. He put a hand on her shoulder. Well he had confidence to spare. "Screw Creja. You can help Xylia pick out decor with me. Don't you like making stuff? We can probably make some of the stuff for cheaper than buying it anyway."
Melting through the shadows, he came up behind Dusk, rifling through his shirts for the rest of his money. He folded it into Dusk's shirt pocket, pulling his collar straight. "Just bring it all. Who knows when yu'll escap next. Let's roll, people!" He melted back through the shadows to the door. He grabbed Haji's hand and practically dragged her back to the kitchen.

Madi had stayed in the kitchen for the whole of that little break, and seemed to be having a whispered argument with her cat when the group came back in. She looked up at the older kids, then stood up and held out the can to them.

"D-Dusk needs t-to try it f-first." She informed them, equal hints of apprehension and annoyance lacing her voice.

Haji didn't exactly like being touched, let alone pulled. She yanked her arm away and cradled it, glaring at Remi. She didn't move though, as she trusted him to not try anything like that again.
"Creja wasn't all bad." She hisses under her breath "I guess I'll look for decoration stuff, as long as you help me find some new cloaks and boots." She looks down at her hand and blinks, her mark above her lip changing. After a while, her skin fades a slightly more acceptable pale color. "This looks normal enough?"

Remi moved his head back to look at Haji properly. Oops, he forgot she wasn’t about the touching thing. God, at least Xylia didn't seem to have a complex about human contact. "It's a deal," he said. He was more than happy to help her pick out some things. Haji was a pretty average colour now, if she still looked pretty pasty. "Yep, now you just look like your regular old emo."
Taking his seat at the table again, Remi started trying to transition into not using shadows as a transport method. Wasn’t a great idea at the shops. People started looking at you funny.
Madi seemed to be mad at her cat. Fair enough. He was a little bitch. "Don't worry catboy, we'll buy you some nip and you won't even remember the trip," he said. He leant his head on his hand and watched Dusk. "Alight then, show us how it works Dusk."

Once a few of the others left, Xylia walked back to her room, opening the bag that contained her clothing and decided to change, she surely can’t be seen in this horrid outfit. Quickly, she undressed and pulled an olive green lace dress over her head, the hem of the dress falling right on the top of her knees and the sleeves coming 3/4 of the way. Stepping into a pair of brown knee high riding boots, she fluffled her hair and touched a spot on the middle of her upper chest. I should look for some new necklaces as well. She thought, grabbing her brown satchel that was covered fashionably in a mixture of brown and white feathers, tossed her phone in and joined the others. Just as Dusk was about to try the mist.

"I don't know how it goes. One of the newbies recommended I tried it though. She said something about having to mix or brew something I think..." Dusk pondered. "The one with red hair and an funny accent was who it was." Once again, his anxiety increased as the attention had fell upon him again.

(Lol, I’ll fix my other post)
“You just spray it on your desired area. No more than 3 sprays, it doesn’t last longer if you spray more than needed.” Xylia said quickly. Seems she got here just in time.

He nods. "Ok then..." Taking the bottle off the counter, Dusk inspects the bottle for a moment before reaching downwards to spray, only to freeze. "Um, newbie, the mist includes clothing right? I don't need to be doing this behind closed doors, do I?" God, what would have happened if I had sprayed and wound up flat bottomless in front of everyone like that...

"Um no." She answered, raising her eyebrows. "Maybe you should do this in your room." She winked. She had forgotten that he's never had it before. She figured that he had some plan for what would be exposed after the mist cleared. "I'm sorry, I just wrongfully assumed that you knew, which of course you wouldn't have if this is your first time you've used it." She said quietly. Now she looks like a jerk, seeming like she wanted to expose him when that wasn't the case.

Remi applauded Xylia's outfit change. At her words, he laughed delightedly. "You can go strip off in my room if you want. I'll join you," he said with a wink. "To lend you some pants, of course," he added belatedly.

The stallion's face goes into a deep red color. S-Seriously? You mean I would've actually.... His focus breaks as Remi mentions him. Nodding his head, he heads to his room. Strip...Let Remi see me, naked? Hopefully I can get him to step out while I change... If not...oh boy...

Poor Madi was blushing as red as Dusk by the time he left. She was not a teenager, or an extrovert, so she was not comfortable with this type of talk! And she was very glad no embarrassing mistakes were being made, because she was definitely not old enough for that. Her cat agreed, and glared at everyone accusatorily while Madi picked him up to try and hide her face in his fur. They did this, they caused this reaction.

Back