Riders of Scavenger Island

@Ailis

The four babies followed Freydis everywhere she went, following her like baby ducklings as they wondered where their 'sibling' was doing. The egg slime from the freshly hatched babies made the Viking smell like the babies and the saliva from the mother cleaning off the slime made Freydis smell like their mother. The dragons truly thought Freydis was their sibling. It wasn't long for the mother to come back as the dragon flies back to the nest, much to the excitement of the baby dragons. The babies chirped and ran to their mother at the edge of the nest and the Mother Changewing responded in kind by vomiting out a bunch of freshly caught fish into the nest. The babies immediately began to eat the fresh catch their mother had brought them and The Mother looked up and saw Freydis, her latest child, not partaking in the food she has brought. She reached in and gently grabbed Freydis by the foot, pulling her to the food and tried to get her to eat.

Freydis slapped her hand to her mouth when the mother dragon vomited into the nest, gagging as the scent of fish and stomach acid reached her nose. And the next thing she knew she was being dragged towards it by said mother dragon. She didn't even think the smell could get more intense, but it did, and Freydis felt all the colour from her face disappear. She was sure she'd either puke or feint. But she didn't.

The mother Changewing nudged her toward the fish, and seemed to get somewhat agitated when she didn't eat it. Freydis watched the mother for a moment, and actually debated whether or not she'd rather be eaten by a dragon or eat regurgitated fish. She didn't contemplate it too long, but her hand still shook as she reached to grab some of the mushed up fish, and continued to when she brought it to her mouth. It tasted as bad as it smelled, and Freydis nearly puked as soon as she took a bite out of the substance in the palm of her hand. She chewed a little and swallowed, looking back up at the mother dragon with a feeble 'you happy now' smile.

Slode wasn’t exactly sure what to do now that the nadder was in his hands, sharing a look with Snap and Snarl that displayed his complete lack of understanding of his next steps. Fortunately, baby animals aren’t exactly hard to figure out.

Reaching into the small satchel hanging on his side next to his coin purse, he withdraws two strips of dried jerky. It wasn’t the best tasting, he knew that from experience, and it wasn’t fresh meat (although that did give him an idea about the changelings), but he hoped it was enough to fill the little one’s belly as his thick fingers offered the strips towards its mouth.

@Ailis

The mother dragon seemed content with Freydis eating the fish and climbs into the nest in order to curl up and sleep for the night. The babies did the same as they climbed onto their mother and curled on her back. They didn't get to sleep for long when the mother hears a silent disturbance in the forest and immedately went on edge. The dragon did a low growl and the babies immediately understood and camouflages themselves to hide from an unknown threat. The mother dragon goes up to Freydis and towers above the female viking and encourages her to do the same.

@aryamajor

Theoc gives a playful 'hmph' as Scarwing goes into a glide, making sure to keep his distance from Friydem to make sure they do not collide. "I see that you've taken flying rather well. I think we can turn you into a Rider yet." He tells her. "Now follow me. I want to you to see something." He tells her and goes up higher and higher until he was at the height where one can look out at the village and see everything there and beyond. The moon hit the ocean just at the right angel to give the water a silver glow while the moon hung in the sky like a bright gem. "This....this view is what I hoped

@Azathoth

Sylna things for a bit before replying. "You know I think there is one, but I wouldn't recommend it. Night Terrors come out in force this time of day and those things will eat anything with a bit of meat on them. That's why I give them a couple basket of fish every night. Make sure they're full enough not to go after the game we hunt." She explained. "I suggest you head back and find a place for you and your dragon to sleep." She suggests.

@TheGreenerGrey

The Nadder didn't seem to mind that Slode was now the one holding it, in fact it seemed more confused of how it got up so high off the ground. It's attention was once again diverted when Slode puts some jerky in front of its face. The Baby Nadder immediately grabbed both pieces and gulped them both down in a blink of an eye. Right after it began to call out again for more as it still wasn't full and its mind was now back on eating.

Garm nodded at her words, "Gotcha, guess hunting will have to wait." He said sighing, "Sorry Bli-" his words were cut short when Blitz once again got under him and threw him onto her back before taking off in the direction of the woods. She wanted that food and he was going to deliver. Garm held on for dear life, he sighed inwardly, hunting it was then.
Let's see if they could find anything.

@ODSTDRAGON

The dragon was spooked by the sudden mounting of the Viking and the Dragon suddenly freaks out, bucking like a horse in order to throw the Viking off.

Averix hangs on to the bucking dragon by wrapping his arms around its neck* “ STEADY BE KEEP THYSELF CALM AND YOU SHALL SUCEED! “ he declares loudly and squeezes it tight*!” CALM!” He yells again and starts to pet it in between bucks*

@ODSTDRAGON

The dragon continued to buck and run around, bashing itself on the trees and surrounding rocks in an effort to throw the rider off. The dragon didn't like the forceful approach the Viking is taking as it keeps on trying to do whatever it can, even to the point of potentially injuring itself to throw the rider off.

Ren let out a snorting laugh, as if it were natural that she would catch on fast and then urged Friydem higher in pursuit of Theoc. They pitched into a steady glide high over the silvery ocean under the moonlight. Ren had to admit that the view from dragon back was beautiful. Stunning even. "I could get used to this," she grinned to the viking. Part of her wanted to stay, and another part of her knew it wasn't good for the people there. "Thanks for showing me this." It was a rare show of gratitude from an otherwise calloused woman.

@Azathoth

Just above the tree line, one would would have a difficult time spotting anything in the dark shadow of the wall. However for a Skrill that wasn't a problem. The smell of blood was picked up and was close by. Blitz took a hard turn down into the trees and onto the dark ground. There was little light but in the shadows was the outline of a deer laying on the wet ground while a pack of 5 Terrible Terrors fight over the best cuts. They haven't seen Blitz yet as they're too busy fight each other over this food source.

@aryamajor

"Of course. It's the least I can do to show you the natural beauty of this island, and the most I'm allowed to do in order to try to convince you to stay. We need all the Riders we can if we are to fight off the Scavengers. You seem like the most...balanced out of the ones we rescued. Reckless and bold, but cautious and calm." He tells her. "But if you wish to leave then I only ask that you at least take your time with the decision and if you do decide to leave, I simply ask you take Friydem with you at least. It would be too cruel to leave a loyal beast behind."

Ren shifted uncomfortably on Friydem and thought about what he said. It wasnt possible to stay. They would come looking. But she had found the arrow in a dragon...her dragon...which meant that they weren't just going for her. It didn't matter who got in their way, and she'd known that from the start. Gritting her teeth, she gripped the broken arrow in her hands, debating in her mind about what to do. They didn't have to know everything...

Finally, she thrust out her hand and showed him the arrow. " I think you have bigger problems than the scavengers right now. This arrow I pulled from Friydem's leg belongs to a notorious group and if they're on the island you should know."

Panic made Freydis' cheeks hot when her 'dragon siblings' disappeared into their surroundings on their mother's signal. She looked up towards the mother, who was standing tall above her, and cringed inwardly. It was all over for her now. She took a few steps back, obviously being unable to camouflage herself like the other dragons. Now what? She debated making a run for it, but knew she wouldn't get a foot without being snatched by the dragon.

@Ailis

A dragon roar is heard close-by, maybe a few yards from the nest. The mother stopped trying to get Freydis to hide as she lets out a short roar of her own. The babies climbed off her back and into the nest, keeping their camouflage. Not a moment later, a series of heavy footsteps and heavy panting can be heard in the dark forest. A large and heavy dragon made a menacing entrance as its heads slinks through the treetops. A Hideous Zippleback comes into the nest clearing from the greater forest, keeping its body low to the ground and the heads high in the air. The Zippleback hissed in an attempt to intimidate the mother but to no effect as the Changewing mother gets low to the ground in a defensive position between the Zippleback and the nest.

@aryamajor

Theoc's eyes narrowed as Scarwing flies over to allow Theoc to take the arrow. The Druid examines it for a while and wondered of its design. It wasn't made by the Druids, nor was it made by the Scavengers. "And what makes you so sure these arrows are of this...group? Who are they in fact?"

@ODSTDRAGON

The dragon continued to buck and run around, bashing itself on the trees and surrounding rocks in an effort to throw the rider off. The dragon didn't like the forceful approach the Viking is taking as it keeps on trying to do whatever it can, even to the point of potentially injuring itself to throw the rider off.
He sighs and jumps off and rolls.
“ Alright you can calm down now, no need to hurt yourself!”
He makes sure to stay out of in front of it in case it wants to blast him with a sonic boom. He again tries to bribe it with a treasure, but seeing as how it didn’t work last time quickly gives up and tosses the bracket to the side.

Ren let him have the arrow, but kept her eyes forward on the horizon. "Because I've seen them before. It's from a theives guild called the Owls Eye. They're bad news and they don't care who gets in their way." At least they were warned now and she'd done her part.

@ODSTDRAGON

The Dragon was at first glad then angry at the human that forcefully mounted it, and immediately turned to attack the Viking but was distracted when the Viking threw his Bracket. The Dragon was slightly entranced by the shiny objects and ran to see what it was.

@aryamajor

"Hmm....I'll send a team to go search for them. If they are around here, then we can find them easily, especially if they do not have any dragon support." He tells her. "For now tell me the reasons they might be here and your relations with them. If we know the reason why they might be here, then we might be able to track them more easily. "

Theoc suddenly dove into assuming that she was involved with them and she bristled, almost immediately shutting down any trust gained by the Viking. "I just know them and what they do. They'll take a penny from a child...target an old woman, rob her, and kill her for spite. They 're thieves, so like any good thief they'll lay low in a den, then scope out the town before taking any thing of value." She said it as if it were obvious and then sighed. "You should scout areas good for hiding within a few miles of the settlement." That was all the more she felt comfortable telling him now.

@aryamajor

"Thieves are nothing for us. We shall find them and draw them out. They will not get away, you can count on that." Theoc replied. "Is...there anything else you wish to tell me?" He asks. Theoc sensed that Ren was uneasy or unsettled about something and wished to know what the reason why.

Back