Status
Not open for further replies.
After the meeting about Gremlin and the people from those prisoners' world, Leivinia Birdway had begun to make her way towards the mess hall. There were probably going to be a lot of people who required food regardless of what world they came from, so if anyone had any problems with the mission that they didn't want to bring up to the "proper" authorities, she could deal with them. Othinus was a threat from her own world after all, so it was only natural that she spread her knowledge to anyone that might have needed it to help them succeed against Gremlin.

More importantly though, she was just hungry.

Stumbling upon the very two that she had assisted, if just a little bit, in recruiting, the leader of a magic cabal sighed loudly and made herself known.

VtdPg0r.png

"Regardless of our methods, would you have preferred to stay in prison while your world was destroyed? Really we did you two girls a favor."

"Yeah well...neither of us asked you to do us a 'favor',"
Jolyne shot back at her. "In fact, it sounded way more that you guys needed me more then I needed you, am I wrong about that? Huh?"

"I mean would we have even noticed when our world was destroyed? Could've just continued doing our thing before like, I dunno, everything exploded and we'd been none the wiser."
Ermes responded to the discussion being held.

@Kaykay @Alex Azure @Crow @FoodCourtBuffetTable

"Go ahead," Doppo nodded in affirmation toward Gaius's inquiry about if he could take whatever he'd like. A part of him was tempted to tell him (and everyone else who had taken something) to be sure to return equipment to the Armory when the mission was over, but... Well, a dark thought popped into his head that there might not even be an Armory anymore if the mission ended in failure. Eerie.

To Rita, he gave a one-armed shrug. "It depends on what you'd personally be most comfortable with. Even if you're not quite skilled with certain weapons, we have quite a few that should prove to be user-friendly; seems like even Knowhere liked to take precautions about this stuff before we came over. Perhaps you'd be comfortable with a phaser gun or so?" He suggested.

@Hida Tomonatsu @Lucky @Armory

Rita Hanson

Rita looked over at him and realized that she had no clue what she was comfortable with. She knew that she didn't want to use a gun, but the last weapon she actually used was a clipboard, the FLUDD and some fire. " Yeah, I haven't been comfortable with guns, but if the phaser doesn't really kill, that may work. Do you got any weapons that can shoot out fire?" She asked him.

@Ver @Hida Tomonatsu @Armory

It didn't take a master of reading-a-room to tell that there was boundless suspicion painted across Diego's face, which Giorno picked up on as soon as the tension left himself and the tension in his extra-dimensional father only grew by the second. Considering what Giorno learned when he had first met him - as little or extensive it may be - there was no person in this room who could blame the Brando for being cautious of so many unknown, faceless agents of different agendas and ambitions lurking around in such a closed space - figuratively and physically.

The boy allowed the trio of mini-raptors to scale his body and burrow themselves into his uniform, away from prying eyes. To say nothing of the many combinations and possibilities Giorno could achieve by mixing Gold Experience's life-giving properties with Scary Monsters' vicious mutagen, the fact that Diego was entrusting the boy with a fraction of his own Stand ability was. . .to someone who had only known the treachery and deceit that permeates Italy's criminal underground, a sign of immense trust.

tumblr_nr1w8n9d2Q1tc1kmmo9_250.png

"Of course. . . thank you." Giorno said graciously, standing tall and looking out at the sea of people in momentary thought. He looked back to his father's counterpart. ". . .I understand that this entire situation may seem like we're walking into a trap. To speak truthfully, I'm not entirely sure of every person here, either. But. . .this will be worth it. Putting down that man will be accomplished by me and no one else. And once that is done. . .I'd like to learn more from you." he looked to the former jockey and flashed a small, but genuine smile.

Diego Brando would be one more push factor that would bring about the end of this despair that has choked Giorno Giovanna for long enough.

@Hood Rat

Neither the gesture of trust nor the genuine smile that Giorno offered was lost on Diego, though it wasn't exactly enough to make the man lose his gaze of distrust towards those around him. Much like the alternative son, the man had survived through suspicion and using others as nothing more than his footstools in a path towards greatness. And though having someone he can put faith in was an immense relief... such a thing also acted as a burden, with the older man now concerned over the upcoming safety of his kin.

But, there was something that Giorno said that changed Diego's expression. A dry scowl slowly curled into a wide, toothy grin that exposed so many of those sharp pearly-whites.

"Of course, boy. After all, it's one thing to be my imitation, but the sin of foregoing and disgracing the name of 'Brando' is unforgivable. Once we snuff out this vulgar imposter, there shall be plenty of time to become better acquainted. Until then..."

A fist was raised, its center knuckle lightly pressing onto the mafioso's forehead.

"Fight to not only kill our target, but also survive. There's too much to gain and lose from all this, son. And once we win, I still need to convince you to change that last name into its proper birthright."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

image.png

"If you'd like, we do have a small amount of elemental weapons in stock for certain occasions. I'll assume you want something a bit lighter than a whole flamethrower, so... Feel free to peruse through the selection and take what you'd like," the bespectacled man said to Rita, outstretching his hand once again to the vast selection, leaving it up to the woman to see what she'd want to take from there as everything she could need was open to her.

@Lucky @Armory

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-964287.jpg

"Aha, well, if you put it like that, then I guess I'll be in your care, Miss... ah, what's your name again? And you?" Touma said with a light-hearted laugh, speaking with such a tone as if to attempt to bring levity into the air, even if it might have been considered a bit inappropriate.

Still, if nothing else, he at least seemed like the friendliest out of his "associates," between Ollerus's eerily laid-back demeanor and Fiamma of the Right, who would have been stand-offish to anyone who would approach him now as he was focused on tracking down Othinus's exact position with his power, as seen with a red glow from his hand that he laid on the briefing table and his concentrated gaze at the air.

@Gummi Bunnies
❝ Dlanor A. Knox, leader of the Eiserne Jungfrau branch of the Heaven's Great Court and operative of the Coalition's Wand branch, at your COMMAND. ❞ It looked like Touma's attempt to lighten up the mood was completely missed by Dlanor, who proceeded to introduce herself in an uptight manner. She couldn't be exactly blamed for this behavior, considering that it was soon that they would all go out into an extremely high stakes mission.

❝ Name's Willard. It turned out that I was the only other person in the Metaworld to tag along with Dlanor for this mission... guess those other Witches prefer to stay cozy in their home turf. ❞ He ran a hand through his hair upon introducing himself. Unlike Dlanor's tendency to be devoid of emotion, Willard expressed more discontent to small details, especially to certain setbacks such as the state of Gungnir and the Metaworld's lack of action regarding these multiversal incidents.

@Ver

"Yeah well...neither of us asked you to do us a 'favor'," Jolyne shot back at her. "In fact, it sounded way more that you guys needed me more then I needed you, am I wrong about that? Huh?"

"I mean would we have even noticed when our world was destroyed? Could've just continued doing our thing before like, I dunno, everything exploded and we'd been none the wiser."

"I'd call it a mutually beneficial relationship," Leivinia casually spoke back, stuffing a helping of food in her mouth before speaking again. "You save our world while saving yours. That's a one for one if I've ever seen one. I wouldn't call that an unbalanced agreement."

Aimlessly messing with some of her food with a fork, she glanced at Ermes.

"No, I doubt you'd have noticed. But I don't doubt you'd be grateful if someone prevented a bullet you didn't see coming from killing you. You wouldn't notice it coming until the metal shell made a hole through your skull. But it wouldn't be a bad deal at all if someone were to stop that and just ask for your help in return."

Turning her attention back to her food, the magician closed her eyes as she chewed.

"Of course, if you're not prepared then just run away and stay uninvolved. Might feel safer to wait out the end of the world instead of running to its source. But I think you'll end up involved either way."

@Jeremi @Alex Azure @Crow @FoodCourtBuffetTable​

"I'd call it a mutually beneficial relationship," Leivinia casually spoke back, stuffing a helping of food in her mouth before speaking again. "You save our world while saving yours. That's a one for one if I've ever seen one. I wouldn't call that an unbalanced agreement."

"No, I doubt you'd have noticed. But I don't doubt you'd be grateful if someone prevented a bullet you didn't see coming from killing you. You wouldn't notice it coming until the metal shell made a hole through your skull. But it wouldn't be a bad deal at all if someone were to stop that and just ask for your help in return."

Turning her attention back to her food, the magician closed her eyes as she chewed.

"Of course, if you're not prepared then just run away and stay uninvolved. Might feel safer to wait out the end of the world instead of running to its source. But I think you'll end up involved either way."

Jolyne and Ermes looked at each other and smirked. "I think we're just going to stick around to piss you off," Jolyne responded for the both of them.

Ermes meanwhile chowed down on the final piece of chicken on her plate and looked at Leivina. "Yeah, you have us here now, might as well get the most use out of us, right?"

to-aru-majut4su-no-index-964341.jpg

"R-Right... Nice to meet you two..." Touma said, his smile deflating quite a bit after Dlanor's and Willard's somewhat uptight mannerisms deflected his more cheery one. Of course, a part of him couldn't blame them (assuming they weren't always like this) or anyone else at a time like this, all things considered, but this sort of misfortune was one that he'd long since learned to roll with, so maybe he was just used to things like this, even after the scope evolved to the fate of the entire multiverse.

"I'm guessing these Witches you're talking about are super powerful, but I guess it can't be helped if you couldn't get their help. I know Othinus and her goons have been moving super quietly, and it's hard to take notice of any threat beyond your own world, but if this Coalition is as good as they say, here's to hoping!"

"Don't mind him. He's the romantic hero wannabe type, but he's also perfectly aware how grave this situation is. You'll have to excuse it," Ollerus said nonchalantly.

"I'm still here, you know..."

"I do know."

@Gummi Bunnies

Jolyne and Ermes looked at each other and smirked. "I think we're just going to stick around to piss you off," Jolyne responded for the both of them.

Ermes meanwhile chowed down on the final piece of chicken on her plate and looked at Leivina. "Yeah, you have us here now, might as well get the most use out of us, right?"

A sadistic smirk that didn't belong on a 12 year old girl crossed Leivinia's face for a moment, as though someone else would suffer more misfortune for her annoyance than she herself.

"I see. If I'm going to be incessantly 'pissed off' by you thugs I really might as well hope you're as useful as Fiamma said. At the very least, a certain spiky-haired idiot can relieve the stress you two cause."

A sadistic smirk that didn't belong on a 12 year old girl crossed Leivinia's face for a moment, as though someone else would suffer more misfortune for her annoyance than she herself.

"I see. If I'm going to be incessantly 'pissed off' by you thugs I really might as well hope you're as useful as Fiamma said. At the very least, a certain spiky-haired idiot can relieve the stress you two cause."

"Yeah, I bet your boyfriend thinks you're a real handful,"
Jolyne replied before taking a sip from her coke.

imageproxy.php

"You almost sneezed on my coat."

Jotaro Kujo was now here, towering behind Touma.

The marine biologist had taken awhile to wander the cold, lonely hallways of Knowhere before arriving in the main chamber where he figured Giorno would be. The tall man looked over to spot the young mafioso standing away in a corner and talking with his. . .other dad, apparently. In response, Jotaro simply scowled and focused his attention on Ollerus, who happened to be close by.

"Hey, Ollerus," Jotaro approached. There hadn't been much conversation shared between the almost-Magic God and the man who had slain DIO the first time, but there wasn't much need for Jotaro to convene with the three men that had evidently reached out to him, Giorno, and Jolyne. That fact alone already had Jotaro thinking about motivations.

Three people of Joestar blood, gathered in one place to take down DIO again. That wasn't a coincidence. Ollerus might not have known that he was recruiting people of a connected blood, but maybe in his eyes that is the key to taking down at least one half of the duo that's threatening to obliterate the multiverse.

. . .No, not the old man. He's too senile now. Damn it.

. . .But what if we get can help from. . .his son?

tumblr_nqo3b6xrPr1tc1kmmo8_250.png

"How much longer until Fiamma can get a pin on Othinus' location? If we have your piece of Gungnir here as well as Giorno's Arrow, the enemy is probably already on their way as we speak. We need to get moving soon."

@Gummi Bunnies @Ver

Neither the gesture of trust nor the genuine smile that Giorno offered was lost on Diego, though it wasn't exactly enough to make the man lose his gaze of distrust towards those around him. Much like the alternative son, the man had survived through suspicion and using others as nothing more than his footstools in a path towards greatness. And though having someone he can put faith in was an immense relief... such a thing also acted as a burden, with the older man now concerned over the upcoming safety of his kin.

But, there was something that Giorno said that changed Diego's expression. A dry scowl slowly curled into a wide, toothy grin that exposed so many of those sharp pearly-whites.

"Of course, boy. After all, it's one thing to be my imitation, but the sin of foregoing and disgracing the name of 'Brando' is unforgivable. Once we snuff out this vulgar imposter, there shall be plenty of time to become better acquainted. Until then..."

A fist was raised, its center knuckle lightly pressing onto the mafioso's forehead.

"Fight to not only kill our target, but also survive. There's too much to gain and lose from all this, son. And once we win, I still need to convince you to change that last name into its proper birthright."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Giorno took in his other-father's advice with silent thought. That is the other purpose of fighting, is it not? To hunt down a target is the motivation, but what good is there in putting down the menace if there is no life left to cherish after it's all said and done? Diego seemed to be aware of this lesson more than anyone else Giorno knew. . .at least, anyone Giorno knew that was still alive. That must be his point.

ed9333ac92fd5f2588c59f3ed8f4d026.png

"Hm. . .I'll consider it, once we wipe away this blemish on the Brando name together." Giorno mused in response to the elder Brando's thought of restoring his name to it's true birthright. It occurred to the young boss that the name 'Giovanna' was one that belonged to no family. His true name, once, was Haruno Shiobana - the name that Jotaro Kujo was able to trace back to DIO. Once the young boy left his scum of a family behind to pursue his dream of becoming a gang-star, he took on a new identity to cut off all connections he had to the people of his past.

Legally, and perhaps figuratively, he was not the son, brother or cousin of anyone else. The name 'Giorno Giovanna' only became something once he was involved with Passione. The thought of returning his name to a proud family occurred to Giorno occasionally, but what good would it do if there was no person in existence that he could call family?

. . .Well, there's Jotaro.

But there is also Diego.

The line between Joestar. . .and Brando.

What a troubling predicament.

Giorno shook his head and wiped away the thoughts once he spotted Jotaro looming in the crowd - for now, his only concern is vanquishing this instance of his father and Othinus. The boy looked to his other-father and nodded, "I'll talk to you later. . .father."

With that, he departed the corner where Diego lurked, rejoining the rest of the Coalition and the circle where Jotaro and Ollerus were talking, where Jotaro turned and noticed the boy approaching. He didn't bother looking over at the man he was talking to; that would only blur his current judgement with anger, after all.

"Giorno, what's the situation with the Arrow?"

"Ms. Kirigiri agreed to leaving the Arrow in my possession while her organization keeps Ollerus' piece of Gungnir here - should he agree to leave it here, anyway." Giorno answered, glancing to Ollerus, who still looked as aloof as ever.

"Good, that should keep the enemies attention split. Once we move out, It'll be smart to target either DIO or Othinus individually, instead of taking on both of them in the same place.."

"Did you learn that from fighting my father?"

"No, fighting a pair of rats."

". . .Ah, I see."

@Hood Rat @Ver @Gummi Bunnies

Jiren leaned against the wall of the meeting hall, letting the air cycle through his lungs. He had been working with ODMA for so long, he had almost forgotten what simplicity felt like. For the first time in years, he had a specific target. No longer would he have to scream of justice into the void, or try to push for progress in the face of some endless war. Perhaps it would be like the old days. Though there had never been ‘good days', and he could never have seen it at the time, the years he had spent with the Pride Warriors felt somehow... Homely. In spite of all the struggles and hardships, and in the face of impossible odds, having someone to guard his flank always filled him with a sense of warmth and purpose. Not that he had ever needed protection – not since he was a boy- the Team seemed willing to die for him anyway. Maybe he had been wrong about it all. Maybe he should have stayed in his own world and tried to find a place there. He vanquished such thoughts with the bow of his head. No. Those days were gone. Every moment he spent thinking of yesterday was a moment wasted. There were more important issues at hand.
Gods.
Toppo wished for a time when. He didn’t have to think about such beings. It was strange to think that a few decades ago he would have scoffed at the idea of a higher power. The forces of nature would never bend to save men. There was only him. There were only the Pride Warriors. That was the first lessons Jiren had taught him. It would prove to be the first of many. When the oppressed and downtrodden looked up to the stars, the Pride Warriors would be there. The would be the force of nature they begged for, ready to break the chains of fear in a series of swift strikes. Liberty. Freedom. Justice. This was the creed be had once believed in. The creed that had given him the power the lead his family through the darkest nights and bring them together in the brightest days... The days before the Gods. The days before their corruption, their interference and sin were some of the sweetest he could remember. But memories were all they were. He could have smiled at the thought of the simpler times, but he lacked the will. He had a job to do. The both did. They had Gods to kills.
And if there was one thing the world needed less of, it was Gods.
Toppo caught the eye of his old friend from across the meeting hall, only for his gaze to be dodged by Jiren. He had recognised him- there was no denying that- but it was as of he couldn’t bring himself to look him in the face. Lost in the blackness of Jiren's eyes, Toppo was filled with one dark thought forced its way into the centre of his mind; the idea that connection they had once shared was now long gone. Jiren was a changed man, reborn in the fires of his last great battle. The heat of passion and fury that had once burned so brightly within him had been replaced with an unnerving stillness. He had abandoned the traditional red jumpsuit he and Toppo had once shared, and was now clad in the threads of his new allegiance: a grey cloak branded with the crest of the OMDA.

“I see you're sporting the team's colours, Jiren”

He masked his worry beneath his flowing moustache, the ends teased between his fingers

“Its... Been a long time”

“Not long enough. What brings you here?”

Jiren snapped, his gaze fixed firmly on the floors of the meeting room, his stare not breaking. Toppo was taken back by the frost reception, but by no means was he surprised. He had let his friend down one too many times to still call him brother... At least out loud. He felt a stone move deep within him, tipping the ball from his playing field. In spite of his growing strength, he felt increasingly powerless with every passing moment, as if Jiren's stoic soul was draining his spirits dry.

“Every since you left after the Tournament... I've been searching... I’ve seen the multiverse, from Earth to Ash. I had experiences valuable to the OMDA. They offered me a place with them. And when they told me you had been fighting with them for years I—”

“Should have said no. You shouldn’t have left Universe 11”

“I couldn’t stay there, Jiren. You know that...”

He released a breath of built up burden

“After... What happened...if I had stayed...”

“--Then you would have had to accept your fate- Your punishment. Where is your Pride, Toppo?”

Toppo felt his patience slip

“Where it always has been! I did what I had to do to protect my world, as did you! You can’t run from yourself forever, friend...”

“And you can?” His words remained still “You can run across the multiverse trying to find me, all to hide from your duties as...a Destruction God”

Had he not known better, Toppo could have mistaken Jiren's tone for disgust.

“I never wanted to hurt people, Jiren. I dont want to have to destroy the just. I came out here because... If we can kill one God...”

“No” His eyes snapped shut and his body grew tense. Now Jiren was the one growing weary with their... Debate “I won’t turn my back on Belmond. He’s a Destroyer. But he’s no better than you...”

“For what its worth... Warrior, I'm so—”

“No more. We won’t talk of it now. We have work to do”

As Jiren strode from the hall in search of space, Toppo willed himself to follow. He had travelled to Ash and back to find Jiren, and he wasn’t going to let him leave without saying his peace. But maybe Jiren was right... There was much work to be done before they could have the space to make peace.

“Brother...” Toppo breathed to himself “I didn’t think it would end up like this... Even after all these years... I had hoped for something... Different”
---
images

“'Big' doesn't cover it”

Jiren muttered in an empty voice, looming over the buffet table like a spectre. He wasn’t hungry. He was never hungry. He simply wished to keep an eye on the men he would soon be fighting beside... Or behind, as the case may be. For the most part, he doubted his interference would be required for a majority if the mission. He was more of a deterrent than a soldier any day of the week. Or at least, that was what his pride seemed to whisper in his ear.

“Eat well. There might be some time before you'll have the chance to eat agai-“

“Please, excuse my friend here. Jiren never was the... social type. My name is Toppo”
images

The alien outstretched an enormous gloved hand to Ben “The Hero of Freedom is at tour service, young man”

@Jeremi @Alex Azure @Crow
IvYU1Y1.jpg

Ben shakes Toppo's hand. "My name is Ben, Ben Tennyson. The Hero of... uh... a lot of stuff is at your service, Toppo. This here is Mason. He's... handling things right now, and talking to Phil."

Ben looks to see their uniforms.

"So, you & Jiren have matching uniforms, huh? What's the job called?"

@Jeremi @Alex Azure @Cromartous @Lucky @Crow @BuffetTable​
Phil Connors

Phil made a note to curse out his luck later it would seem.

Phil took a deep breath and took the hand to help himself up. He made a note to himself to not fuck it up by adding a pick-up line after he helped him. This wasn't Punxsutawney and his actions had real consequences, a thing he still had to remember.

Phil thought about it for a second and decided he would do what he did best. He was going to deflect the question. " It's nice to see you too again, Mason. How have you been?"

Phil looked over at Ben and dusted off his suit. " Nice to meet you Ben."

He hoped Mason wouldn't ask the question again, because in all honesty, he felt he deserved it, but he wouldn't dare say those words a loud. Phil doubted that Mason would understand.

@Alex Azure @Crow
Both Jolyne and Ermes gave Ben a look as the started talking to him. "...I guess." Jolyne finally replied before going back to eating.

"Yeah we're just doing this because they asked us. Not very nicely either, More like goad us into it? What do you think Jolyne?"

"Sounds about right," She nodded agreeing with her friend. "We're here to wrap up this mess and get the fuck back from where we started."

After the meeting about Gremlin and the people from those prisoners' world, Leivinia Birdway had begun to make her way towards the mess hall. There were probably going to be a lot of people who required food regardless of what world they came from, so if anyone had any problems with the mission that they didn't want to bring up to the "proper" authorities, she could deal with them. Othinus was a threat from her own world after all, so it was only natural that she spread her knowledge to anyone that might have needed it to help them succeed against Gremlin.

Stumbling upon the very two that she had assisted, if just a little bit, in recruiting, the leader of a magic cabal sighed loudly and made herself known.

VtdPg0r.png

"Regardless of our methods, would you have preferred to stay in prison while your world was destroyed? Really we did you two girls a favor."

"Yeah well...neither of us asked you to do us a 'favor'," Jolyne shot back at her. "In fact, it sounded way more that you guys needed me more then I needed you, am I wrong about that? Huh?"

"Yeah, I bet your boyfriend thinks you're a real handful," Jolyne replied before taking a sip from her coke.

Luckily for Phil, Mason's attention was drawn away from his acquaintance from a Murder Game of the past. "I've been alright. Ups and downs. Got myself involved in another event, where I met Ben. Managed to bring my sister back from the dead. Business as usual." Mason spoke quickly and dismissively. He wasn't the only person to consider the end of the world as a lackluster event, due to the regularity he experienced danger.

He didn't wish to start an argument with Phil. Rather, he wished to end an argument already in progress. The experience of Civil War led him to dislike engaging in pointless squabbles, (not that it kept him from accidentally starting a few). He addressed the three women who were there at the buffet table. While he spoke, he absentmindedly filled a plate full of salty snacks, such as pretzels and chips, or whatever was available at the table.

"If I can interrupt, now's not really the time to argue like this. I've seen where discussions like this go from here. In a time of chaos, the worst thing we can do is be divided. Miss Kujo, we're very glad to have you help out. Once we're done here, then we can get you back home where you belong. And you, little ma'am," Mason now turned to Leivinia, "should probably try to behave. I don't doubt that you probably pack a punch, and you wouldn't be the first grade schooler I've seen capable of fighting, but you're still a child. Maybe you can try making friends instead of enemies? We will need to fight side by side."

@Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Cromartous @Lucky @FoodCourtBuffetTable

6mbYG6M.png

"Thank you, Macy." Cordelia said. As to where the armory was, she looked out towards the hall. "Oh, once you leave here, it's to the left. Shouldn't be too hard to find! There are signs."
Wil finished her apple and walked over to Cordelia's table, sitting down in one of the many empty slots.

"Mind if I sit here? The table over there is getting crowded."
"Oh, sure!" Cordelia said. She moved something to the other side of her. "Here's a spot for you." Cordelia then proceeded to start eating another piece of chicken, dipping it into the ketchup.​
Wil nodded in appreciation and took the seat, leaning herhead against her hand. Before the mission started, Will felt as if she needed to get to know some of her allies. She wondered what Cordelia possessed.

"I'm Will. Will Vandom. I just got inducted a few weeks ago into the MEU."
Cordelia smiled as she took another bite. "Cordelia, a member of the United Nations Peacekeepers." She said, wiping her mouth. "I've worked for them for a while."​
"Really? Interesting. Do you help rebuild other worlds?"

Will summoned a can of Ginger Ale from the soda machine, subtly using her powers to send a small bolt of Quintessence at the vendor by the far end of the wall. She popped the top open and took a sip, relishing the delicious flavor.

Macy finished up her plate of food and placed the dirty dish wherever it was proper to do so. "Thank you for the directions, Cordelia. I'll leave you with your new friend. If there's still time, I'll try to say hi again. Let's hope I can find something I can use." With that, Macy walked cheerfully towards the Armory.

@Minerva @Hahli Nuva
Rita Hanson

Rita looked over at him and realized that she had no clue what she was comfortable with. She knew that she didn't want to use a gun, but the last weapon she actually used was a clipboard, the FLUDD and some fire. " Yeah, I haven't been comfortable with guns, but if the phaser doesn't really kill, that may work. Do you got any weapons that can shoot out fire?" She asked him.

image.png

"If you'd like, we do have a small amount of elemental weapons in stock for certain occasions. I'll assume you want something a bit lighter than a whole flamethrower, so... Feel free to peruse through the selection and take what you'd like," the bespectacled man said to Rita, outstretching his hand once again to the vast selection, leaving it up to the woman to see what she'd want to take from there as everything she could need was open to her.

@Lucky @Armory

Macy quietly entered the armory and was a little overwhelmed by the large number of people and weapons available. It appeared that the blonde, bespectacled man was the one in charge. He claimed that they were free to peruse, and perhaps that applied to her as well. She walked up and down the armory, examining each of the weapons available. However, she couldn't easily find something that she liked. Firearms were much too hostile, and she didn't know the first thing about them. That was Mason's area of expertise, as were swords. Swords seemed a bit sharp, and more deadly than she wanted to be. Despite being a piece of science fiction herself, the technology closer to sci-fi was beyond her scope of understanding. She barely understood how her own body worked.

Magic weapons, however, piqued her interest. She could feel the magical aura radiating from them. A childish part of her always wanted to use magic. With her own powers of healing and making barriers, a magic weapon would match well with her magical support.

"Excuse me, sir," she asked Doppo, "This may sound silly, but do you have any elemental weapons that aren't lethal? I understand we have some kinda big fight ahead of us, but I'm more of a healer than a fighter."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @Hida Tomonatsu @MelodyMeister @Crow @Armory​

The description of Cordelia also seemed familiar to Makoto, if only because it was a little on the vague side. The Cordelia he saw on the registry list could very well be this girl's mother, but Makoto felt it best they discover that on their own if so. His heart panged a little at the idea of mother and daughter going off into battle alongside each other without knowing it. Unfortunately, Makoto just did not feel right to meddle.

inpqLPl.png

"I, uh--" Makoto let out a nervous laugh. "I don't know. I was just wondering if perhaps I'd met her. I hope your travels bring you to her eventually, no matter what happens. Perhaps when all of this is over, the Coalition could help you, but we will see, right?"

He gave Wanda a sidelong look then, wondering what was going through her mind. He decided to ask a question Severa's predicament had made him wonder about.

"Have you spoken to Billy yet?"

@Josh @Yun Lee

tumblr_o600cmrdo41qd79gyo8_400.gif

"That's... asking for a bit much, wouldn't you say?" Doppo replied to Schala, furrowing his brow lightly, "I'm afraid that our light armor is generally just that; lightweight. The upside is that, of course, it provides better freedom of mobility than anything heavier. This is all we could gather at this current point, I'm afraid."

@York @Armory
Markus and Simon turn their heads to look at Billy.

"Sure, we can head out" Simon responded, starting to walk, Markus still holding his hand firmly.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Josh @Crow @York @ARMORY
"My bad, I guess we all have powers we'd prefer to keep a secret, friend or foe." Ben holds his Omnitrix up for a while.

"I'll be prepared, Jotaro," Ben briefly switches back to his stern expression briefly while Jotaro left. DIO was not a joke, it seems. Last time he was pretty easy to kill. It didn't seem to be the case this time.

iyL4cjt.jpg

"The last time I met DIO, he possessed the Stand known as 「The World」. It possessed the power over time, at a limit, able to stop it for a few seconds to move in frozen motion. If the DIO I met then is supposed to be weak compared to the one we're facing, worthy enough to be called a big threat, then he must have recieved some pretty nifty upgrades to his Stand."

Ben switches back to a tone more chipper as he turns to Rita. "Hey Rita, I'm Ben, Ben Tennyson. So, pretty pressuring mission we're having, huh?"

Rita soon left for the Armory.

"Don't think she'll take long."

@Alex Azure @Lucky

@Siege @Jeremi @BuffetTable

"Must be a big responsibility," Max says, "I had some pretty big responsibilities back in my day too, but these days I'm close to retirement and passing my mantle to a couple of understudies."

He turns to Phil.

"Having trouble with choices? Maybe you should test them in a spar."

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Atomic Knight @York @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Space_Candy @Armory
image.png

"Please save your aggression for the enemy. I'm not here for that right now," Doppo only said to Russia, or rather "Ivan," almost in an unimpressed manner, or rather, a tired one, like an overworked teacher. Perhaps fitting for a man who once wanted to be a Math teacher when he was younger.

As Gaius made his way to the Armory, Doppo would silently give him an acknowledging nod as a greeting, gesturing toward the selection of long-ranged weapons or short-ranged weapons, whatever he could possibly want was available to him.

@Crow @Hida Tomonatsu @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Yun Lee @Armory
tumblr_inline_p7gbje41tv1sjp02i_100.jpg

"Oh, have you met him too? He must of been through quite a bit since I last saw him..." Which was when she made her wand, not even getting the chance to really speak with him after the kidnapping of the Dragon Whelps. Chise blinked, taking notice of how crowded it was getting. Who knew so many people would show up so fast.

tumblr_inline_p7gbjd20kN1sjp02i_100.jpg

"Maybe we should find somewhere else to talk? So we won't be in other people's way." She said, turning to both Libra and Max. Ruth took a moment to slip out without a word, he didn't really need to since she knew he was leaving-likely to get food no doubt.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Armory
"Go ahead," Doppo nodded in affirmation toward Gaius's inquiry about if he could take whatever he'd like. A part of him was tempted to tell him (and everyone else who had taken something) to be sure to return equipment to the Armory when the mission was over, but... Well, a dark thought popped into his head that there might not even be an Armory anymore if the mission ended in failure. Eerie.

To Rita, he gave a one-armed shrug. "It depends on what you'd personally be most comfortable with. Even if you're not quite skilled with certain weapons, we have quite a few that should prove to be user-friendly; seems like even Knowhere liked to take precautions about this stuff before we came over. Perhaps you'd be comfortable with a phaser gun or so?" He suggested.

@Hida Tomonatsu @Lucky @Armory
Rita Hanson

image.png

@Lucky @Armory

Luckily for Phil, Mason's attention was drawn away from his acquaintance from a Murder Game of the past. "I've been alright. Ups and downs. Got myself involved in another event, where I met Ben. Managed to bring my sister back from the dead. Business as usual." Mason spoke quickly and dismissively. He wasn't the only person to consider the end of the world as a lackluster event, due to the regularity he experienced danger.

He didn't wish to start an argument with Phil. Rather, he wished to end an argument already in progress. The experience of Civil War led him to dislike engaging in pointless squabbles, (not that it kept him from accidentally starting a few). He addressed the three women who were there at the buffet table. While he spoke, he absentmindedly filled a plate full of salty snacks, such as pretzels and chips, or whatever was available at the table.

"If I can interrupt, now's not really the time to argue like this. I've seen where discussions like this go from here. In a time of chaos, the worst thing we can do is be divided. Miss Kujo, we're very glad to have you help out. Once we're done here, then we can get you back home where you belong. And you, little ma'am," Mason now turned to Leivinia, "should probably try to behave. I don't doubt that you probably pack a punch, and you wouldn't be the first grade schooler I've seen capable of fighting, but you're still a child. Maybe you can try making friends instead of enemies? We will need to fight side by side."

Macy finished up her plate of food and placed the dirty dish wherever it was proper to do so. "Thank you for the directions, Cordelia. I'll leave you with your new friend. If there's still time, I'll try to say hi again. Let's hope I can find something I can use." With that, Macy walked cheerfully towards the Armory.

@Minerva @Hahli Nuva

Macy quietly entered the armory and was a little overwhelmed by the large number of people and weapons available. It appeared that the blonde, bespectacled man was the one in charge. He claimed that they were free to peruse, and perhaps that applied to her as well. She walked up and down the armory, examining each of the weapons available. However, she couldn't easily find something that she liked. Firearms were much too hostile, and she didn't know the first thing about them. That was Mason's area of expertise, as were swords. Swords seemed a bit sharp, and more deadly than she wanted to be. Despite being a piece of science fiction herself, the technology closer to sci-fi was beyond her scope of understanding. She barely understood how her own body worked.

Magic weapons, however, piqued her interest. She could feel the magical aura radiating from them. A childish part of her always wanted to use magic. With her own powers of healing and making barriers, a magic weapon would match well with her magical support.

"Excuse me, sir," she asked Doppo, "This may sound silly, but do you have any elemental weapons that aren't lethal? I understand we have some kinda big fight ahead of us, but I'm more of a healer than a fighter."

Schala Zeal
@Ver @Crow
@Armory/Others?

Schala nodded, quietly mouthing a thank you sheepishly as she took the light armor. She had momentarily forgotten that she was no longer in her Kingdom... At least when it came to having access to such gear on a regular basis.

Now, all she had to do was test this gear out, right?

Though, before she started a sparring session with anyone, she turned towards Doppo once more, a guilty smile on her face.

"Is there a better place to spar than the armory?" She asked.

It was pretty embarassing that she was so unfamiliar with the area, but... Largely that was her own fault; she spent too much time in one place... Usually practicing her magic or reminiscing...​

Both Jolyne and Ermes gave Ben a look as the started talking to him. "...I guess." Jolyne finally replied before going back to eating.

"Yeah we're just doing this because they asked us. Not very nicely either, More like goad us into it? What do you think Jolyne?"

"Sounds about right," She nodded agreeing with her friend. "We're here to wrap up this mess and get the fuck back from where we started."

VtdPg0r.png

@Minerva @Hahli Nuva

"Mason, something gives me a really bad feeling about how you're saying her last name," Ben whispers to Mason. He too, decides to disperse the argument, and to return everything to normal. He could feel mild tension.

VIHYF65.jpg

"Heeey girls," Ben addresses the three girls before him - Leivinia & the two Stand Users, "the food's pretty great, huh? This place has some pretty hearty beef lasagne. I can't help but notice that we haven't introduced ourselves to one another. I'm Ben, Ben Tennyson. What're your names?"

@Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @Cromartous @Lucky @FoodCourtBuffetTable

Schala Zeal
@Ver @Crow
@Armory/Others?

Schala nodded, quietly mouthing a thank you sheepishly as she took the light armor. She had momentarily forgotten that she was no longer in her Kingdom... At least when it came to having access to such gear on a regular basis.

Now, all she had to do was test this gear out, right?

Though, before she started a sparring session with anyone, she turned towards Doppo once more, a guilty smile on her face.

"Is there a better place to spar than the armory?" She asked.

It was pretty embarassing that she was so unfamiliar with the area, but... Largely that was her own fault; she spent too much time in one place... Usually practicing her magic or reminiscing...​

"I don't know a Lindel directly, but I think I heard the name twice, from someone who knows both of us and from my time around what I assume is his workplace. I think he's a doctor, I could be wrong," Grandpa Max says to Chise & Ruth.

PXZQj76.png

"I know a good fighter myself for practice if you need it," Max adds as he speaks to Schala, "but I'm a bit unsure if he wants to be interrupted with his socialising over some lunch."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @Hida Tomonatsu @MelodyMeister @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Armory​

Russia gave a small wave to Max, he seemed alright.
“Good to see you too, Max T’hennyson.”
He was about to say more, or at least try to give a better greeting, but he was rudely interrupted by Doppo.
“I vwon’t be, but sometimes, comrades just need a reminder to curb their behaviour, and I’ll gladly provide that for them, whether they like that or not!”

Although Doppo likely tried to curb Russia’s behaviour, it seemed to have the opposite, as the kind of ominous feel to him seemed to only be stronger, despite his friendliness. He was kinda scary to be around mostly because of that, since just about everyone could see what his true feelings were, behind that smile.
@Ver @Amoury​

The description of Cordelia also seemed familiar to Makoto, if only because it was a little on the vague side. The Cordelia he saw on the registry list could very well be this girl's mother, but Makoto felt it best they discover that on their own if so. His heart panged a little at the idea of mother and daughter going off into battle alongside each other without knowing it. Unfortunately, Makoto just did not feel right to meddle.

inpqLPl.png

"I, uh--" Makoto let out a nervous laugh. "I don't know. I was just wondering if perhaps I'd met her. I hope your travels bring you to her eventually, no matter what happens. Perhaps when all of this is over, the Coalition could help you, but we will see, right?"

He gave Wanda a sidelong look then, wondering what was going through her mind. He decided to ask a question Severa's predicament had made him wonder about.

"Have you spoken to Billy yet?"

@Josh @Yun Lee

The talk of mother and child made the witch wince as she turned from the talk. About to walk away, but the witch was stopped on her tracks when her son's name was mentioned.

"No."

Wanda seemed uncharacteristically cold and distant when Billy was brought up. Her words echoed with clear pain and regret. Wanda clearly loved that boy so much, and she knew he loved her just as much, but the scarring was clear.

"I'm just not ready yet
Nor do I want to be, to be honest. It's best for him, his brother Tommy a, and his fiancee Teddy if I stayed away from them."

Wiping away a tear, Wanda knew how much she love Billy; she loved him so much, she kept herself away. When someone is an beacon for chaos; people tended to get hurt.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee

imageproxy.php

"You almost sneezed on my coat."

Jotaro Kujo was now here, towering behind Touma.

The marine biologist had taken awhile to wander the cold, lonely hallways of Knowhere before arriving in the main chamber where he figured Giorno would be. The tall man looked over to spot the young mafioso standing away in a corner and talking with his. . .other dad, apparently. In response, Jotaro simply scowled and focused his attention on Ollerus, who happened to be close by.

"Hey, Ollerus," Jotaro approached. There hadn't been much conversation shared between the almost-Magic God and the man who had slain DIO the first time, but there wasn't much need for Jotaro to convene with the three men that had evidently reached out to him, Giorno, and Jolyne. That fact alone already had Jotaro thinking about motivations.

Three people of Joestar blood, gathered in one place to take down DIO again. That wasn't a coincidence. Ollerus might not have known that he was recruiting people of a connected blood, but maybe in his eyes that is the key to taking down at least one half of the duo that's threatening to obliterate the multiverse.

. . .No, not the old man. He's too senile now. Damn it.

. . .But what if we get can help from. . .his son?

tumblr_nqo3b6xrPr1tc1kmmo8_250.png

"How much longer until Fiamma can get a pin on Othinus' location? If we have your piece of Gungnir here as well as Giorno's Arrow, the enemy is probably already on their way as we speak. We need to get moving soon."

@Gummi Bunnies @Ver

Giorno took in his other-father's advice with silent thought. That is the other purpose of fighting, is it not? To hunt down a target is the motivation, but what good is there in putting down the menace if there is no life left to cherish after it's all said and done? Diego seemed to be aware of this lesson more than anyone else Giorno knew. . .at least, anyone Giorno knew that was still alive. That must be his point.

ed9333ac92fd5f2588c59f3ed8f4d026.png

"Hm. . .I'll consider it, once we wipe away this blemish on the Brando name together." Giorno mused in response to the elder Brando's thought of restoring his name to it's true birthright. It occurred to the young boss that the name 'Giovanna' was one that belonged to no family. His true name, once, was Haruno Shiobana - the name that Jotaro Kujo was able to trace back to DIO. Once the young boy left his scum of a family behind to pursue his dream of becoming a gang-star, he took on a new identity to cut off all connections he had to the people of his past.

Legally, and perhaps figuratively, he was not the son, brother or cousin of anyone else. The name 'Giorno Giovanna' only became something once he was involved with Passione. The thought of returning his name to a proud family occurred to Giorno occasionally, but what good would it do if there was no person in existence that he could call family?

. . .Well, there's Jotaro.

But there is also Diego.

The line between Joestar. . .and Brando.

What a troubling predicament.

Giorno shook his head and wiped away the thoughts once he spotted Jotaro looming in the crowd - for now, his only concern is vanquishing this instance of his father and Othinus. The boy looked to his other-father and nodded, "I'll talk to you later. . .father."

With that, he departed the corner where Diego lurked, rejoining the rest of the Coalition and the circle where Jotaro and Ollerus were talking, where Jotaro turned and noticed the boy approaching. He didn't bother looking over at the man he was talking to; that would only blur his current judgement with anger, after all.

"Giorno, what's the situation with the Arrow?"

"Ms. Kirigiri agreed to leaving the Arrow in my possession while her organization keeps Ollerus' piece of Gungnir here - should he agree to leave it here, anyway." Giorno answered, glancing to Ollerus, who still looked as aloof as ever.

"Good, that should keep the enemies attention split. Once we move out, It'll be smart to target either DIO or Othinus individually, instead of taking on both of them in the same place.."

"Did you learn that from fighting my father?"

"No, fighting a pair of rats."

". . .Ah, I see."

@Hood Rat @Ver @Gummi Bunnies

Withdrawing his fist, Diego's arms crossed over his solid chest, a coy and cocky smirk spreading along those cheeks upon hearing the boy's calm response.

"We'll make a bet, then. If I deliver the killing blow, you'll take our name that will be the end of that. Should you do it, you may have whatever surname you wish for, boy."

It was all still strange to think about, for someone so nihilistic and proudly hateful as Diego to suddenly begin regarding to another with such concern and care. But... this was family, after all. The only, estranged remaining fragment he had to such a concept, after his old one withered away for his sake only, shunned by the rest of humanity. And he would not let that happen again. The world was still going to enjoy its time under his heel, naturally. But now, Diego Brando was going to do his all and add another layer of conviction to his goals. If the world was to grovel beneath his foot, his legacy and linage was to be propelled to greater heights by his own hands.

But before long, it seemed as though it was time for Giorno to get going for the moment. With a nod and firm pat atop the boy's shoulder, Diego crouched, returning to his previous position until it was time to get moving again.
tumblr_nb7dsf4pH81tfa7yso1_500.png

"Alright, son. And keep your head on straight," warned the blonde, his gaze falling onto the large, cap-wearing man Giorno went to speak with.

"..."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back