Status
Not open for further replies.
"I don't... know," Billy said, shaking his head at Mason. "Listen, when Aska saved me, he told me information that I don't believe anyone else knows. Perhaps it was due to my... future self that he--" Billy groaned in pain and fell down on one knee. "The Great Spirits, as long as they exist, act as a thread that ties our multiverse together. It's... like-- Ugh, the point is, that Othinus can destroy and recreate the multiverse should be impossible, even with Verius and Aska no more."

"... This is information that has not been shared with anyone," Kyosuke said, crossing his arms. "That you know must mean..."

"I know I'm right!"

@Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @York @Ver @Members' Quarters

Sorey lifted himself from the debris and stared Rita down. "A girl with wings and red hair, a boy who could change into all kinds of creatures, another boy with a pendant, men with incredible strength and heavy fists... him, with an axe!" Sorey pointed to Libra. "You with a bat!" he said to Rita. "Do you want me to recount every way you murdered my friends? Do you?! I'm so tired of this act of yours!"

"Ridiculous," Artorius said, "that beings who spread such malevolence think they deserve anything resembling mercy. If only you realized I am not capable of that. Another may falter... but not I." Artorius raised his sword. "You will be cut down one by one, starting here!"

He aimed his sword through Libra's chest.

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Med Bay

Last edited:
Rita Hanson

Rita paused when Sorey mentioned a bat and she quickly realized something. Othinus actually had no clue what weapons they were carrying. " Sorey, do you see a bat before you? These are all I took from the coalition, none of them were a bat," she said, gestured to her weapons, trying to think of a way to stop Libra from committing suicide. God, why did men like killing or sacrificing themselves in front of her?

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Med Bay

"Hold on...WHAT?!" Severa's jaw dropped at Billy's revelation. "You...you mean that she's not ACTUALLY doing all this? But how?! We all died, right? We saw her destroy everything!"

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay@Crow @Alex Azure @York @Ver@Members' Quarters

---

This was the end. Libra shut his eyes, bracing himself, refusing to fight. A silent prayer ran through his mind, one he hoped would reach the Gods before he was struck down. But he would do one last thing for those here, and hopefully they would listen.

"RUN!!!"

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Takumi @Alex Azure @Crow @MedBay​

"I don't... know," Billy said, shaking his head at Mason. "Listen, when Aska saved me, he told me information that I don't believe anyone else knows. Perhaps it was due to my... future self that he--" Billy groaned in pain and fell down on one knee. "The Great Spirits, as long as they exist, act as a thread that ties our multiverse together. It's... like-- Ugh, the point is, that Othinus can destroy and recreate the multiverse should be impossible, even with Verius and Aska no more."

"... This is information that has no been shared with anyone," Kyosuke said, crossing his arms. "That you know must mean..."

"I know I'm right!"

@Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @York @Ver @Members' Quarters
"Hold on...WHAT?!" Severa's jaw dropped at Billy's revelation. "You...you mean that she's not ACTUALLY doing all this? But how?! We all died, right? We saw her destroy everything!"

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay@Crow @Alex Azure @York @Ver@Members' Quarters

"Everyone? Are you hurt?" Ben, with a worried look on his face, nears the group already in the member's quarters. He nears Schala & Mason in particular.

6yyHV5v.jpg

"Tell us the 4-11, Billy," Ben crosses his arms and waits for the information to flow, "we'll need all the info we can dig for to execute our plans."

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @York @Ver @Members'Quarters​

"An illusion, then?" Leivinia suggested. "But that crimson witch claimed she was keeping her memories throughout the different multiverses, so either the witch couldn't see past Othinus's illusions well enough or Othinus has simply transcended their common sense. Considering her position as a Magic God, I don't find that unlikely."

Her eyes shifted from Severa to Billy and Kyosuke as she crossed her arms.

"Or perhaps they mean she's manipulating and creating the Phases, but not actually destroying them or the world itself?"

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay@Crow @Alex Azure @York @Ver@Members' Quarters​

Sorey lifted himself from the debris and stared Rita down. "A girl with wings and red hair, a boy who could change into all kinds of creatures, another boy with a pendant, men with incredible strength and heavy fists... him, with an axe!" Sorey pointed to Libra. "You with a bat!" he said to Rita. "Do you want me to recount every way you murdered my friends? Do you?! I'm so tired of this act of yours!"

"Ridiculous," Artorius said, "that beings who spread such malevolence think they deserve anything resembling mercy. If only you realized I am not capable of that. Another may falter... but not I." Artorius raised his sword. "You will be cut down one by one, starting here!"

Rita Hanson

Rita paused when Sorey mentioned a bat and she quickly realized something. Othinus actually had no clue what weapons they were carrying. " Sorey, do you see a bat before you? These are all I took from the coalition, none of them were a bat," she said, gestured to her weapons, trying to think of a way to stop Libra from committing suicide. God, why did men like killing or sacrificing themselves in front of her?

This was the end. Libra shut his eyes, bracing himself, refusing to fight. A silent prayer ran through his mind, one he hoped would reach the Gods before he was struck down. But he would do one last thing for those here, and hopefully they would listen.

"RUN!!!"

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Takumi @Alex Azure @Crow @MedBay

"There's a saying we Tennysons never get tired of...

xCTx8kD.png

I DON'T THINK SO."

Grandpa Max uses his pole to counter Artorius' blade, attempting to push him back. If successful, his pole would extend further and be aimed at Artorius' vitals, so that he could be immobilized.

"One on two? Hardly fair for you, Libra."

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Takumi @Alex Azure @Crow @Yun Lee @MedBay​

Sorey and Artorius's words cut Macy as deep as a sword could. She looked as if she were about to cry. The weight of the the fear, hurt, pain, and sadness brought her close to breaking. As Libra rubbed his own cheek in pain, Macy's hand rose to mimic the motion. The world around her moved faster than she could process. No words came from her lips. No actions moved in defense. She felt caught in the eye of a hurricane, unable to move without being tossed into the storm. The bastion of her heart was being torn at by the rage of the Shepherds. She tried to hold it back, but her heart could strain no longer. Just as back in Dio's castle, flooded with fear and anger, her disposition changed. The tears disappeared, and she drew her Thunder Rod.

"Awful, awful, awful! The both of you! Bringing fear into a little girl's hearts because of your assumptions and hatred. You're wrong, and with more than just our guilt. You're the ones destroying yourselves, and I won't have us harmed by your blind rage!"

Macy raised a hand and formed a barrier in between the shockwave and Max and Chise. Her other hand pointed the Thunder Rod towards Sorey. She didn't want to harm him, but a paralyzing shock from her Thunder Rod might keep him from attacking her allies.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Med Bay

Mason fell to the ground, his summoned weapons clattering against the floor and sliding farther than he could reach. He pushed himself to his feet and dismissed the weapons, rather than put forth the effort to find them in the darkness. He turned his head towards the sound of the explosion and replied to the attacker.

"Whatever it is, it isn't ours. I know we're busy trying to kill each other, but whatever caused that explosion is a threat to both of us. Perhaps we can put aside our blades and deal with whether we did or did not destroy everything later?"

"And Schala? Do you have any spells to heal status ailments? Particularly blindness? I'd rather enjoy seeing again."

"If my guess is right, hiding won't do much good. Explosions defeat the purpose of hiding, when your hiding spot and you can be destroyed in one move. Running, though? Might be valid."

@Atomic Knight @Alex Azure @York @Member's Quarters​
As the others arrived, the man with the word turned on them, brandishing his weapon, but the arrival of another caused him to pause. Crashing through the ceiling above was Billy Kaplan, who slammed down in the middle of the group. His eyes glowed blue and he seemed to be under great strain. He moved sluggishly as he held a hand out toward the armed man.

AAfDqEi.png

"Kyosuke... wait. Listen to... what we have to say--" The boy groaned, shoulders slumping. "I'm... managing to resist her effects. The current instance of the multiverse is... unstable."

Kyosuke narrowed his eyes at Billy. He seemed willing to listen, at least for now.

"How?" Sorey repeated, staring at Rita. He seemed transfixed for a moment. "... How? A girl with magic laid waste to the facility. Members of your group cut down my friends. Some of you were superhuman, some just normal people, but all... all had a hand in..."

He was cut off when Macy's attack sent him backward to crash into the wall.

Artorius shook his head at Libra. "You've come to your senses, at least. Though you tell us to not believe our own memories... our own eyes. Such a strange tactic, but I suppose I should expect this from creatures such as yourselves." Artorius held his sword over Libra's head and looked at Macy. "He is willing to atone. Would you take that from him?"

"Macy." Libra looked to the younger girl, pleading with her. "Let me go. It...it's all right." He looked up at Artorius. "But I will only go if it means you do not harm the rest of them. That...that is my only request. I will take the responsibility for everyone here."

---

"He's right!" Oh good, he remembered, too! Good thing they wouldn't need to fight him...well, the magic users, of course. Severa hadn't exactly been very handy in combat lately. "Everything is TOTALLY going crazy! Othinus is messing with everything!"

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @York @Ver @Members' Quarters​
Mason turned to face the source of the new voice. His eyes were still blinded, but he recognized the boy from a much earlier incident. "Billy, it's good to see- well, not see, but hear- from you again. What exactly has gotten so unstable about it?"

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @York @Ver @Members' Quarters

Macy lowered her weapon and glared at Artorius. However, Libra's gaze and words softened her anger a small bit.

"Either way, I'm going to feel the sting of your death, Libra. A bit of a curse, really. Every death we've seen on this journey has been reflected in my heart. I've barely been able to hold it back this far, and I think another death is going to break me. I'm already bearing everyone's pain. Is it selfish of me to want to take your place instead?"

"I'll make the same offer. I'll take the price for everyone to go free, Libra included. I'm late for a meeting with Hades anyway. Perhaps it's for the best. You're free to choose, Artorius. My head or his, but please, no others. Though... I understand if cutting down a lady is too far beneath you."

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Med Bay​

"... This is information that has no been shared with anyone," Kyosuke said, crossing his arms. "That you know must mean..."

"I know I'm right!"

---

"RUN!!!"

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Takumi @Alex Azure @Crow @MedBay​
"Everyone? Are you hurt?" Ben, with a worried look on his face, nears the group already in the member's quarters. He nears Schala & Mason in particular.

6yyHV5v.jpg

"Tell us the 4-11, Billy," Ben crosses his arms and waits for the information to flow, "we'll need all the info we can dig for to execute our plans."

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @York @Ver @Members'Quarters​
"An illusion, then?" Leivinia suggested. "But that crimson witch claimed she was keeping her memories throughout the different multiverses, so either the witch couldn't see past Othinus's illusions well enough or Othinus has simply transcended their common sense. Considering her position as a Magic God, I don't find that unlikely."

Her eyes shifted from Severa to Billy and Kyosuke as she crossed her arms.

"Or perhaps they mean she's manipulating and creating the Phases, but not actually destroying them or the world itself?"

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay@Crow @Alex Azure @York @Ver@Members' Quarters​
Schala Zeal
@Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Ver
@Members' Quarters

Seeing Billy, and hearing what he said, Schala slowly started to piece together what might be happening.

"... Yes... Maybe Othinus is creating illusions without knowing it..." She said, shaking her head a little.

Then, something unnerving occurred to her.

"Unless... Something else is interfering with the Great Spirits... And with their powers diminished, Othinus must be able to recreate the multiverse... But as a side effect... These new re-creations become unstable... They deteriorate overtime... ... Maybe that's why Othinus keeps changing these 'games' she plays..."

Of course, this was something far out of Schala's range of knowledge, but just pondering the possibilities alone given the information Billy had was enough to renew her hope that they might be able to salvage this situation...

All they had to do, was figure out what happened with the great spirits... Or at least... If this was all an illusion, break it somehow...​

Billy shook his head again. "No... it's real. She's really doing this, or else... I wouldn't be in so much pain! She has destroyed the multiverse, though the Great Spirits... I don't think they can be destroyed like that. She must be affecting them somehow still, but--"

Billy then fell to both his knees. "I think... Schala has a point, but... I don't know if this information helps at all, I'm sorry. If she's bypassing the Great Spirits or even has some authority over them, either way, it's just as hopeless...! To see her kill Aska like she did, I don't think... any of us..."

Artorius' attack was deflected by Max, though he did not seem disturbed by this. "I know more of your kind lurks nearby... those who are much stronger. Continue this any longer and I will use my full strength, If you will not allow justice to prevail, then I will force it so."

Sorey hung his head. "Your argument is weak," he said, speaking low enough that Rita could barely hear. "I don't believe you, you... monster..." He shook his head. "But we're the last ones left... all my friends... Artorius might have the resolve, but I don't think I do. I don't want to kill, I really don't..."

"Max...there is no need for more bloodshed!" Libra frowned as the old man stopped Artorius, trying to keep his irritation down. Why not run? Surely others else here could protect them... "Leave, all of you!"

Though Sorey's fading resolve did interest him a bit. "Then what do you want to do, Sorey?" Libra asked the boy. He stayed in place, refusing to get up. His voice he kept calm, not demanding anything from Sorey. "What should be done to monsters like us if we aren't killed?"

---

"Well I mean...Othinus had this major coughing fit earlier. And your mom told us that we might be able to reason with her?" Severa frowned, watching Billy in pain. "...I'm guessing a healer won't do you much good, will it? You're gonna keep hurting until Othinus knocks this all off?" What a pain...literally!

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @York @Ver @Members' Quarters​

Billy shook his head again. "No... it's real. She's really doing this, or else... I wouldn't be in so much pain! She has destroyed the multiverse, though the Great Spirits... I don't think they can be destroyed like that. She must be affecting them somehow still, but--"

Billy then fell to both his knees. "I think... Schala has a point, but... I don't know if this information helps at all, I'm sorry. If she's bypassing the Great Spirits or even has some authority over them, either way, it's just as hopeless...! To see her kill Aska like she did, I don't think... any of us..."

Artorius' attack was deflected by Max, though he did not seem disturbed by this. "I know more of your kind lurks nearby... those who are much stronger. Continue this any longer and I will use my full strength, If you will not allow justice to prevail, then I will force it so."

Sorey hung his head. "Your argument is weak," he said, speaking low enough that Rita could barely hear. "I don't believe you, you... monster..." He shook his head. "But we're the last ones left... all my friends... Artorius might have the resolve, but I don't think I do. I don't want to kill, I really don't..."

"Why not we go directly to his eagleness' little council of friends and talk to them directly?" Ben suggests. "If the Great Spirits still stand strong after all this, maybe they can help in some way"

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @York @Ver @Members' Quarters

"I can see that," Grandpa Max says to Sorey. "My friends are helping me rig this place with explosives as we speak. They can be activated in two different ways - via my death or via my manual control. I promise not to blow this place up if we sit down for five minutes and have a talk so that we can explain ourselves."

It wasn't obvious to anyone in the room in the slightest, but Grandpa Max was bluffing.

"I don't want to end you, but if you're insistent on this route, then get Sorey and Elle out of here first."

Grandpa Max turns to Libra for a bit.

"No, you should leave. You still have plenty of years ahead of you, Libra. I don't want to see you sacrificing yourself so foolishly like that."

He continues his battle with Artorius.

Rita Hanson

Rita looked at him and decided it was best to ask a question alongside him. " If we are such monsters, then why is it none of us have tried to attack you, other then in self-defense. So, I pose this question. If we are beings fill of Malvolence, why haven't we tried to kill you?" She asked, seeing if it jarred either of them.

"If Othinus is hurt, then that might explain why this instance is unstable," Billy said. He placed one hand on the ground to brace himself and looked up at the others. "The Great Spirits are surely out there, but they can't be in any position to help us, not while Othinus wields the power she does. Either breaking her possible hold over them or gathering them together... neither seem possible. She could recreate the multiverse whenever we got close."

Billy then coughed and held his sides. After a moment, he nodded and managed to slowly get back on his feet. "Once I can't resist any longer, she'll rewrite me as well. Use me against you, maybe. You need to get as far away from me right now... and hopefully, maybe, find Othinus. Whether you talk to her or fight her, I can't help you."

"... I may have a solution," Kyosuke said. The man seemed more relaxed now, seemingly having been convinced by the conversation going on around him that these people were not his enemies. "I take it you don't have the means to go where you wish. There's an emergency transporter on Knowhere you can use, provided we activate it. It will require a group."

Sorey dropped his sword and fell to his knees. He gripped at his forehead. "Just... go away! You can't bring them back...!" Elle ran out of her hiding spot and to Sorey. She threw her arms around him and hugged him tightly.

nf1DlkW.png

"... Who am I to talk? I am malevolent too. This despair inside me... I don't know how I'm holding it back."

Artorius looked displeased by this. "I did not think you had the resolve for this, Sorey. No matter." He looked then to Max, stone-faced. "You talk as if I have something to lose. This station is a graveyard. Blowing it up would be a service." He raised his sword into the air. "It is time!" he yelled. "There is no going back! Give me your strength!"

The air in the Med Bay suddenly seemed charged. Artorius became cloaked in a shimmering haze of energy. His sword began to grow in size and Artorius grew giant, shimmering wings. His right arm was now healed, allowing him to use both effectively.

"This is the power the Great Spirit has afforded me."

This...it changed everything. Libra stumbled to his feet, grabbing his staff. "I...everyone, run!!!" There was no way they could possibly face such a being. It was either try and escaped, or all of them, even those outside this area, died, and it was obvious what the correct answer here was!

---

"Yeah, sure! We got a group exploring the medical center, we just grab 'em and let's get moving!" Finally, they were getting somewhere! It was time for Othinus to get what was hers!

Rita Hanson

Rita looked over at him and decided to do something stupid. She scoped up her weapons and threw them back onto her and walked over to Sorey and Elle. " Sorey, you know that this isn't right. Don't you have a connection with the Great Spirits? Don't you know this is wrong."

She looked at the two and then Artorius new form and cursed her breath. " We want to fix this and bring everyone back," she said, hoping they followed.

"If Othinus is hurt, then that might explain why this instance is unstable," Billy said. He placed one hand on the ground to brace himself and looked up at the others. "The Great Spirits are surely out there, but they can't be in any position to help us, not while Othinus wields the power she does. Either breaking her possible hold over them or gathering them together... neither seem possible. She could recreate the multiverse whenever we got close."

Billy then coughed and held his sides. After a moment, he nodded and managed to slowly get back on his feet. "Once I can't resist any longer, she'll rewrite me as well. Use me against you, maybe. You need to get as far away from me right now... and hopefully, maybe, find Othinus. Whether you talk to her or fight her, I can't help you."

"... I may have a solution," Kyosuke said. The man seemed more relaxed now, seemingly having been convinced by the conversation going on around him that these people were not his enemies. "I take it you don't have the means to go where you wish. There's an emergency transporter on Knowhere you can use, provided we activate it. It will require a group."

Sorey dropped his sword and fell to his knees. He gripped at his forehead. "Just... go away! You can't bring them back...!" Elle ran out of her hiding spot and to Sorey. She threw her arms around him and hugged him tightly.

nf1DlkW.png

"... Who am I to talk? I am malevolent too. This despair inside me... I don't know how I'm holding it back."

Artorius looked displeased by this. "I did not think you had the resolve for this, Sorey. No matter." He looked then to Max, stone-faced. "You talk as if I have something to lose. This station is a graveyard. Blowing it up would be a service." He raised his sword into the air. "It is time!" he yelled. "There is no going back! Give me your strength!"

The air in the Med Bay suddenly seemed charged. Artorius became cloaked in a shimmering haze of energy. His sword began to grow in size and Artorius grew giant, shimmering wings. His right arm was now healed, allowing him to use both effectively.

"Teleporter, to where exactly?" Ben asked.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @York @Ver @Members' Quarters

Grandpa Max joins the others, backing away and making sure everyone was in front of him, before unveiling his Null Void Projector to create a Null Void Portal to block the exit before Artorias could pursue them.

"Let's see him deal with that."

nf1DlkW.png

View attachment 3378

"We can get a group of people, then,"
Jotaro finally piped up, after he and Giorno remained silent watching the conversation go back and forth between Billy and the others like a game of ping-pong. "We don't even know if Othinus is still in Knowhere, so we'll get everyone to the transporter and decide from there."

"Yes, that seems to be our best bet," Giorno chimed in agreement, not before giving Billy a melancholic look. "... I'm sorry about all of this, Billy. We'll make it right... I can promise you this."

"..."

Jotaro just silently nodded at the notion.

Though it wasn't his voice nor his decision for Billy Kaplan to get thrown in to this destructive conflict, Giorno couldn't help but think about those who couldn't escape the influence of Othinus. The power that Billy and his mother must wield to be aware of when their mental freedom is being taken away is... frightening, if nothing else. The growing dread did nothing to distract Giorno from the objective at hand, as he turned to Kyosuke with renewed focus.

"Any idea where this transporter may be?"

"Anywhere you want," Kyosuke said. He then shook his head at Severa. "The more important job would be to actually activate the transporter. We don't have time to be running around the station."

With that, Kyosuke was moving. Billy nodded and flew back up into the ceiling, disappearing.

For those that followed, Kyosuke led the group to the Security Center. He moved to a control panel and pressed a few buttons. "This is one of the last locations to still have reserve power. The transporter is... guarded. Once I activate it, it will attack us relentlessly. You must escort me to the other side of the hall so that I may input my passcode."

@Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @York @Ver @Members' Quarters > Security Center

Sorey didn't move. He hung his head low. "There's... nothing I can do..."

Sorey and Artorius disappeared from view once Max blocked the entrance, but Artorius' voice could still be heard. "The Great Spirit is here with me... do you not understand what that means?!"

From behind Max and the others could be felt a massive surge in power. A shimmering haze blocked them as well, cutting off their escape.

Rita Hanson

Rita looked back before she escaped. " You can fight back..." she replied.

Rita had a sinking feeling that whatever it was, it didn't mean anything good. She knew that the Great Spirit didn't take sides, so she knew that it probably was something else helping him them though.

" Why do I have a bad feeling about all of this?" Rita asked, knowing that nothing good was about to happen and that made things so much worse.

"Max...there is no need for more bloodshed!" Libra frowned as the old man stopped Artorius, trying to keep his irritation down. Why not run? Surely others else here could protect them... "Leave, all of you!"

Though Sorey's fading resolve did interest him a bit. "Then what do you want to do, Sorey?" Libra asked the boy. He stayed in place, refusing to get up. His voice he kept calm, not demanding anything from Sorey. "What should be done to monsters like us if we aren't killed?"

---

"Well I mean...Othinus had this major coughing fit earlier. And your mom told us that we might be able to reason with her?" Severa frowned, watching Billy in pain. "...I'm guessing a healer won't do you much good, will it? You're gonna keep hurting until Othinus knocks this all off?" What a pain...literally!

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @York @Ver @Members' Quarters​
"Why not we go directly to his eagleness' little council of friends and talk to them directly?" Ben suggests. "If the Great Spirits still stand strong after all this, maybe they can help in some way"

"I can see that," Grandpa Max says to Sorey. "My friends are helping me rig this place with explosives as we speak. They can be activated in two different ways - via my death or via my manual control. I promise not to blow this place up if we sit down for five minutes and have a talk so that we can explain ourselves."

It wasn't obvious to anyone in the room in the slightest, but Grandpa Max was bluffing.

"I don't want to end you, but if you're insistent on this route, then get Sorey and Elle out of here first."

Grandpa Max turns to Libra for a bit.

"No, you should leave. You still have plenty of years ahead of you, Libra. I don't want to see you sacrificing yourself so foolishly like that."

He continues his battle with Artorius.

nf1DlkW.png

This...it changed everything. Libra stumbled to his feet, grabbing his staff. "I...everyone, run!!!" There was no way they could possibly face such a being. It was either try and escaped, or all of them, even those outside this area, died, and it was obvious what the correct answer here was!

---

"Yeah, sure! We got a group exploring the medical center, we just grab 'em and let's get moving!" Finally, they were getting somewhere! It was time for Othinus to get what was hers!

"Teleporter, to where exactly?" Ben asked.

Grandpa Max joins the others, backing away and making sure everyone was in front of him, before unveiling his Null Void Projector to create a Null Void Portal to block the exit before Artorias could pursue them.

"Let's see him deal with that."

View attachment 3378

"We can get a group of people, then,"
Jotaro finally piped up, after he and Giorno remained silent watching the conversation go back and forth between Billy and the others like a game of ping-pong. "We don't even know if Othinus is still in Knowhere, so we'll get everyone to the transporter and decide from there."

"Yes, that seems to be our best bet," Giorno chimed in agreement, not before giving Billy a melancholic look. "... I'm sorry about all of this, Billy. We'll make it right... I can promise you this."

"..."

Jotaro just silently nodded at the notion.

Though it wasn't his voice nor his decision for Billy Kaplan to get thrown in to this destructive conflict, Giorno couldn't help but think about those who couldn't escape the influence of Othinus. The power that Billy and his mother must wield to be aware of when their mental freedom is being taken away is... frightening, if nothing else. The growing dread did nothing to distract Giorno from the objective at hand, as he turned to Kyosuke with renewed focus.

"Any idea where this transporter may be?"

"Anywhere you want," Kyosuke said. He then shook his head at Severa. "The more important job would be to actually activate the transporter. We don't have time to be running around the station."

With that, Kyosuke was moving. Billy nodded and flew back up into the ceiling, disappearing.

For those that followed, Kyosuke led the group to the Security Center. He moved to a control panel and pressed a few buttons. "This is one of the last locations to still have reserve power. The transporter is... guarded. Once I activate it, it will attack us relentlessly. You must escort me to the other side of the hall so that I may input my passcode."

@Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @York @Ver @Members' Quarters > Security Center

Sorey didn't move. He hung his head low. "There's... nothing I can do..."

Sorey and Artorius disappeared from view once Max blocked the entrance, but Artorius' voice could still be heard. "The Great Spirit is here with me... do you not understand what that means?!"

From behind Max and the others could be felt a massive surge in power. A shimmering haze blocked them as well, cutting off their escape.

Schala Zeal
@Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Ver
@To Security Center

Schala didn't look happy about leaving Billy behind, but she also knew the risks of letting Othinus hinder them any more than she already did... Shaking her head, she nodded, following Kyosuke towards the Security Center as she drew her blades, preparing to defend him, no matter the cost.

"... Right. We'll figure out where to go once we're with the others... Once we're out of here... I can heal those who still need it..." She said, her gaze turning to Kyosuke briefly before it returned to the area around her.

"Can you tell us what we'll be up against?" She added, hoping to form at least a rudimentary plan of action while they still had a brief moment to do so...​

"..."

Kyosuke hit a button and red emergency lights began to flash. From a window in the Security Center, the group could see into the hall where a large number of creatures were released. The door across the hall also appeared to unlock.

K7pcjtl.jpg

"... They may look like strange demons," Kyosuke said, "but they are actually robotic entities."

@Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @York @Ver @Security Center

"This is nothing for the Great Spirit's power," Artorius said, raising his sword in anticipation to slice through Max's blockade. However, he paused when Sorey suddenly spoke up.

"Shepherd Artorius... what are you doing? What's the point? We've lost everything. There's nothing left to save..."

"Don't let despair seep into your thoughts, Sorey. You know what has to be done."

"..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back