Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nngh...! He's strong!" Touma grunted as the makeshift dome closed in more and more, lamenting that he was unable to use his power to dispel C-Moon's Surface Invasion as it stood.

Ollerus gritted his teeth silently, about to use his own power to free himself and the group, but it seemed that Schala was already on top of that, her magical explosion eliciting a pained cry from Pucci as his body flew into the air and hit the wall with a loud thud, the stone panels suddenly falling down and freeing everyone swiflty.

Kneeling in front of the wall, supporting by his arms, Pucci scowled visibly as he looked up at everyone, blood gushing and trickling down his face as he staggered to his feet slowly.

kugis1x.png

"No... I suppose not," Pucci simply said to Schala, as C-Moon rose next to him again, standing ready again, as though preparing for whatever further attacks anyone might follow up with. He distinctly did not make another move to attack at that moment, watching, waiting, posed and ready.

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Ver @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs

The World's fists clashed against Ben's makeshift weapons, crudely clashing as though the Stand's own fists were as deadly as blades themselves. However, the more power and momentum he put into his punches, the more DIO was able to deflect Ben's assault entirely, throwing a hard punch through his short barrage right into the hero's face and knocking him back, just in time for the vampire to realize that more weapons had been sent his way.

Without so much as a sound, DIO was gone again just as abruptly as he appeared, Jordshan's rocket hitting nothing and exploding harmlessly for the most part, though the entire mansion shook slightly due to the impact. To that end, Fiamma of the Right clicked his tongue in irritation and looked to her. "Fool! Do you mean to bring this whole mansion crashing down on us?!" He reprimanded her, clutching his glowing right hand tightly, "You'll sooner kill yourself than you'll kill DIO like that."

"He is quite right," DIO said, affirming Fiamma's words as his voice now suddenly came from everyone's side, "Perhaps not all of you are witless baboons. Only most of you, certainly if you were to come at me in such a droll manner."

NAgj_Z07.png

"It's all useless, useless. Go on, try harder!" DIO invited, before his gaze shifted to Jolyne, his smirk only growing wider as his eyes twinged with curiosity, "Father, you say? My, my, Jotaro! You've gathered your own child and mine to fight against me? An amusing sentiment, but it's still not enough! Children are not meant to be on the battlefield, after all," he exclaimed, mocking both Jolyne and Giorno, and more than that, pretty much most everyone else attempting to go after him, it seemed.

With DIO seeming to move too fast and too rapidly, Fiamma of the Right grit his teeth slightly, finding that he was too fast for Fiamma's own offensive powers to have any effect. Still, he did note one thing he found interesting, but was it...?

"There's something... strange about this situation. Something is not right..." The magician murmured, though what exactly, he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

@Alex Azure @Jeremi @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @Hood Rat @dark @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Cromartous @Upstairs
"M1, try to keep a track on his movements." Jordshan said, it seems he moves and reacts faster than she expected. But she wasn't caught in one hole. Yet, it might be a bit dangerous to use flashbangs.
Gold Experience's assault ended as quickly as it came out, once DIO vanished from Giorno's sight. The boy clenched his teeth, recalling his Stand to protect himself but realizing that his father wouldn't make any counterattack. Spinning around to face him at the sound of his mocking voice, Giorno almost let a hint of his bubbling rage spill out onto his face - that is, until his other father's voice intruded his mind.

. . .He's right. One blow from Gold Experience will be enough to slow him down. But, his Stand is far faster than anything I've ever seen. I can't get a solid blow on him. . .!

The mocking and bravado only goaded the son into charging at his father head-on once more, but he knew that course of action would be useless. The World can only be bested if caught off guard. . .or, if someone had an ability similar - if not identical - to it. The mafioso backed up a few steps to join Jolyne and Ermes.

tumblr_nr1w8n9d2Q1tc1kmmo4_250.png

"Girls, if your Stands have any amazing abilities, now is the time to bring them out," t
he boss said with a disturbing mixture of calmness and flaming urgency in his voice. He gave the room a once-over again, seeing for any objects in the room that would help in getting Gold Experience's ability off. . .and, perhaps, Scary Monsters'. However, when the boy looked around the room, he realized something was missing.

". . .Jolyne," Giorno asked, now sounding more confused than anything. "Where's your father?"

Hah, wow, how many times has she been asked that, huh?

However, Giorno wasn't wrong. Jotaro seemed to vanish into nothingness as soon as their assault on The World ended. From the intensity of their brief Stand-off (heh), Giorno didn't notice Jotaro moving to some hidden position. How could a man that large move so quickly? It was as if he. . .

. . .he. . .

Then, it hit Giorno.

And, evidently, it also hit DIO.

ORAAAAAAA!

CRRACK!

In the middle of his monologue, a punch with the speed and intensity of a gunshot smashed into the backside of the vampire's right leg, blowing him onto the floor face-first if he didn't react quickly. Whatever could've hit him from behind then. . .wasn't there. It simply vanished. And from thin air, in front of DIO himself, a towering man in a flowing white coat and cap suddenly appeared from absolutely nowhere, blinking into existence with Star Platinum looming in front of him, staring down at DIO and holding its fists in a manner that should bring back memories for the old enemy.

tumblr_nqo3b6xrPr1tc1kmmo8_250.png

"Good grief. . .don't tell me you forgot, DIO. Did all that time you spent dead make you forget the main reason you lost?"

Jotaro Kujo took a step forward, digging his hands into his pockets and shaking his head casually. A brilliant, golden aura surrounded the large man, looking almost identical to the one that shrouded DIO himself whenever he brought out The World. The man seemed completely sure of himself, emanating an aura of power similar to DIO; but one of justice and pride as opposed to malice and evil.

"Does that mean. . .the same type of Stand?!"

"That's right. The ability of The World and Star Platinum: The World is. . .to stop time!"

The declaration shook the room. Anyone who wasn't a brain-dead idiot could've figure it out themselves at this point, as far as Jotaro was concerned, but the revelation of his old enemies power ringed true to every combatant in the room. "To tell you the truth. . .it took me awhile to get used to it. Taking the one thing that made you powerful and using it against you. My daughter's right, you are pathetic. No wonder you had to team up with Othinus to get anywhere."

"But, that's fine. Alliances break all the time."

426bd74e9eb0042923dec1adc4e4c686.png

"In fact, I'll be breaking a lot of things today."

As the words left Jotaro's mouth, so did Star Platinum's hail of fists launch forward to the disoriented enemy before him.

ezgif-2-03de778307.gif

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!

OOOORA!

And there he goes.

@Ver @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Crow @Yun Lee @Josh @Atomic Knight @Hood Rat @dark @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Cromartous @Upstairs
What happened next changed her mind. "Cover your eyes." she whispered before she threw a flash grenade between the two fighters "Flash out!" she yelled.

"A man as haughty and prideful as he... The only reason he would hold back is if there was a reason he can use this against us later down the line... but what?!" Fiamma exclaimed to Chise, biting his thumb anxiously, still remaining uneasy even as the entire group wailed on DIO, overwhelming him with their sheer numbers and combined power.

As both Ruth and Libra ran in to intercept DIO's strike, saving Ben, the vampire was forced to leap back as the former of the two shot flames at him, naturally repelled by the heat, allowing him to evade Clockwork's subsequent counterattack as well. Meanwhile, as Jolyne punched a hole through the wall, exposing the evening sun, DIO hissed like a snake, reeling away from its harmful rays and creating as much distance as he could, even with Ben trying to force him into the light. To that end, the diabolical villain let out a passionate battle cry as The World swiftly punched him rapidly, each punch hitting with the force of a speeding car if Ben were able to withstand such a thing, screams of MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA permeating through the air!

"I tire of your ability! Soon, your time will be up!" He hissed, facing everyone with narrowed eyes. But it seemed that the charge against him did not subside.

As the army of Velociraptors, formed through the combined efforts of Giorno, Ermes, and Diego, came running at him, DIO was hardly deterred, having seen far stranger during his ventures through the multiverse by now. Still, a small bout of pride rose within him at the potential power his son possessed, but to see it wasted on these futile efforts just as quickly snuffed out such feelings. Clicking his tongue, The World rose once again and rapidly punched through each dinosaur that came at him, his fist stabbing through their bodies like a hot blade through butter! Even as one or two were able to get the drop on him from behind or so, sinking their sharp teeth into his flesh, it did little more than elicit a pained grunt from the vampire before he retaliated, using his vampiric strength to grab one such dinosaur by the throat and crush it in his bare hand without even needing The World!

As for Will, as soon as he saw her charge forward, his reactions on par with her movements if only because of the Stand at his side, DIO maneuvered to lift the corpse of one of the dinosaurs and shield himself from Will's charge! He used his strength to attempt to push her back, the two of them clashing against each other. Even as she managed to steadily bring the blade closer to DIO himself through the body of the corpse, something just a little inconvenient happened right then and there.

"Forty seconds have passed, child. Which means that this... IS MY WORLD YET AGAIN!"

With Clockwork's power having expired now, DIO was once again free to use The World's true power and freeze time, his form disappearing from Will's sight, and just at that moment, a powerful force hit her body like a truck, slamming her into the wall!

"It's USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! You don't get it, do you?! None of you do! Your efforts, your struggles, they are all in vain! Everything you do here is meaningless!"

@Space_Candy @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Crow @Yun Lee @Josh @Hood Rat @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Cromartous @Upstairs
"M1, try to keep a track on his movements." Jordshan said, it seems he moves and reacts faster than she expected. But she wasn't caught in one hole. Yet, it might be a bit dangerous to use flashbangs.

What happened next changed her mind. "Cover your eyes." she whispered before she threw a flash grenade between the two fighters "Flash out!" she yelled.

hvhf9vW.jpg

"Oh no it'z not!"

Clockwork was still able to move in DIO's frozen time as, while time was frozen during his assault on Will, he continued to ram into DIO. He prepared to stab his flaming sword into DIO's brain, before unleashing a burst of flames into it!

Simultaneously, he begins to use his non-sword wielding hand to fire these very time rays at his allies as the key on his head begins to spin again. These would reset the expired 40 second time limit. Focused on DIO, he wasn't exactly aiming too well at things, but the first things he managed to hit were Giorno's pet velociraptors, allowing them to prowl the battlefield.

When time began to move again, he moved away to allow for Jordshan's Flash Grenade to do its thing...

@Ver @Space_Candy @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Crow @Yun Lee @Josh @Hood Rat @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Cromartous @Upstairs

Phil Connors

Phil stared back at the priest, not speaking a word or offering an attack. He could read when someone was guarding and he instead decided to take a look around him for once to see if anything looked out of place downstairs. He wasn't going to give the priest the joy of attacking him.

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Ver @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs

"You too, young man?" Grandpa Max accompanies Phil in his investigations. "I think we've got some pretty heavy hitters on our side. Let's make sure Father Pucci & whoever's up there are the only opponents they have to deal with."

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Ver @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs​

"Nngh...! He's strong!" Touma grunted as the makeshift dome closed in more and more, lamenting that he was unable to use his power to dispel C-Moon's Surface Invasion as it stood.

Ollerus gritted his teeth silently, about to use his own power to free himself and the group, but it seemed that Schala was already on top of that, her magical explosion eliciting a pained cry from Pucci as his body flew into the air and hit the wall with a loud thud, the stone panels suddenly falling down and freeing everyone swiflty.

Kneeling in front of the wall, supporting by his arms, Pucci scowled visibly as he looked up at everyone, blood gushing and trickling down his face as he staggered to his feet slowly.

kugis1x.png

"No... I suppose not," Pucci simply said to Schala, as C-Moon rose next to him again, standing ready again, as though preparing for whatever further attacks anyone might follow up with. He distinctly did not make another move to attack at that moment, watching, waiting, posed and ready.

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Ver @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs

As opposed to the others investigating, Leivinia simply made another attack. She didn't know what his ability was, but the fact a magical explosion had worked against him was enough evidence that simply barraging the priest rather than that thing they called a "Stand" was an effective tactic. In other words, attacks that didn't have to start from one's self and travel towards him had a distinct advantage in fights against people of this world. So she simply repeated her trick from before.

Once again, a pure white flash of light exploded. Drawing out Telesma but putting no effort into giving it form, she was able to create a powerful explosion with a single motion. A dome shaped explosion began right beside the waiting Pucci, threatening to envelop him with a powerful energy.

"Owch! You dastard, that HURT!" Severa winced at the pain her poor legs received as stones cut by them. Nothing worse than a couple of scrapes, but still! As others ran away, she was not going to let this guy get away without landing an attack of her own.

"Say your prayers and meet your maker!! HAH!" Severa rushed forward to make a fierce slash at Pucci, leaping back to avoid Leivinia's attack in time. Throat, chest, wherever! She didn't care as long as it made him hurt.

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Ver @Crow@dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky@Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs

ur2_Yb9_J.png

"God does not make mistakes, foolish child. It is humans who cannot learn from the lessons he puts out for us," Pucci rebutted Phil, and later Severa as he went on, "Forgiveness is eternal, precisely because sin is eternal. Don't you see? DIO and I are the only ones with the right -- the responsibility -- of attaining Heaven for all! To carry out God's will! To sacrifice the few for the great many, and for that few to become one with the many when the time comes... I am nothing but merciful!"

When Jiren began demanding proof of such divine power, the man only wagged his finger. "All in good time. True connection begins with faith. But if you must, then let me tell you about Othinus; even she, as she is by herself right now, is able to raise the dead. You three know well of the Einherjar," he said, pointing the same finger right at Leivinia, Ollerus, and Touma, "They know of Othinus's power to raise the dead. But what a blasphemous power it is, a resurrection without the Lord's blessing that corrupts, sullies their soul. But once I attain the Arrow, I will have the full power of the Lord to carry out his will."

"For someone working with Othinus, you sure are quick to speak ill of her," Ollerus only said, speaking in tandem with Leivinia, "What's going on here?"

"It is precisely as the little girl says," Pucci responds, gesturing toward Leivinia, "It is all for a selfish purpose. Think of our partnership as one that lasts only for as long as it is convenient. Both of us are aware of it; we both seek the same thing for our own goals. It is like a race against time, but also one in which we must help our neighbor. A cooperative competition. She is no god of mine, simply an abominable witch whom I only worked with because DIO, in his infinite wisdom, has seen something I did not. Potential."

However, when Dlanor and Willard spoke up, the man tilted his head slightly. "You two... Yes, I remember you. You and those cursed, blasphemous witches who brought me into that death game of yours... It was you -- that Bernkastel, that Beatrice -- who opened my eyes to the greater multiverse, who turned fate so that I was able to reunite with DIO. Perhaps I should be thanking you, but if you intend to oppose me..."

"Then I have no choice."

From Pucci's body, a green shadow emerged. His Stand, as some would have been able to describe it.

C-_Moon.png

"C-Moon! Come!"

It looked at everyone warily like a feral, yet restrained, animal, waiting and watching. Facing everyone intently, he opened his arms. "I can imagine you all tire of talking in circles such as this, so here and now, I will give you one and only one chance. Join me, or oppose me. I can only pray that you make the right decision."

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs
Jiren released his arms, letting a tower of wind consume his being. At last, it was time to fight. In the blink of an eye, Jiren flew forward putting bullets to shame, a mighty fist drawn back like an arrow in a bow. It rippled with fire and light ready to unleash a decisive strike to the Priest's chest once he finally released, giving his foe a taste of his full powre. He finally felt a smile bless his lips.
tenor.gif

"Power...Impac--"

He let the light fade, the heat returning to the reserve within his body. He let his body come to a complete halt. The Priest's energy... it wasn't dark like the force below. It was simply... different. And the offer he proposed... perhaps it was too good to let slip away. The proof of his power was all around him. The melting walls, the stone domes. The Priest could control aspects of reality, or at least, he appeared to have such powers.​
"All in good time. True connection begins with faith. But if you must, then let me tell you about Othinus; even she, as she is by herself right now, is able to raise the dead. You three know well of the Einherjar," he said, pointing the same finger right at Leivinia, Ollerus, and Touma, "They know of Othinus's power to raise the dead. But what a blasphemous power it is, a resurrection without the Lord's blessing that corrupts, sullies their soul. But once I attain the Arrow, I will have the full power of the Lord to carry out his will."
The Priest's words echoed around his head. One of them could control reality. The other could control death. Even by reputation, their powers were nothing short of godly. Their abilities could easily put even Belmond to shame. And all they needed was the arrow... a single object of power in exchange for everything he had ever wanted. An arrow in exchange for all he had fought for. The Priest held the power to bring about his paradise, and grant him the power to enact upon the mortals the justice and discipline they so dearly desired. And maybe, once he had been given what he so dearly desired, he could take the strength for himself and become not a hero of justice... but a God of Justice, enough to dethrone all those who worship Destruction. And all it took was to turn his back upon the OMDA. To turn his back on Toppo.

Toppo had betrayed him once. And the OMDA? They were only holding him back. He prayed Toppo would notify them of his change in employer...

"I accept your offer, Priest. I lend you my strength, for as long as you hold up your end of the bargain" Jiren returned to a passive stance and bowed. He barely looked at the other agents "Forgive me, my allies. I pray that you too will come to understand the opportunity that sits before us... and all the good that could come out of it...."

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs

"....."

"..........."

"..................."

"ARE YOU DAFT?!?!"

Severa could not believe this. "What is WRONG with you?! This nutcase works with two overpowered morons who HATE each other, and you're choosing to SIDE with him?!?! Ugh, you make me SICK!!! And it's not like you'll be on his side for long-Leivinia is gonna kill him with that explosion, if my attack didn't already. You just made yourself look a bigger fool than all those three combined! Are you proud of yourself? Proud to prove what a dunce you are?"

@Ver @Cromartous @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs

Phil Connors

" There is something about the fact that he is goading us to attack that makes me think there is a bigger picture that we are ignoring. Yes, that was my idea," he said, wondering if there was something upstairs in the foyer they missed, but he didn't dare say it aloud yet.

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Ver @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs
Jiren released his arms, letting a tower of wind consume his being. At last, it was time to fight. In the blink of an eye, Jiren flew forward putting bullets to shame, a mighty fist drawn back like an arrow in a bow. It rippled with fire and light ready to unleash a decisive strike to the Priest's chest once he finally released, giving his foe a taste of his full powre. He finally felt a smile bless his lips.
tenor.gif

"Power...Impac--"

He let the light fade, the heat returning to the reserve within his body. He let his body come to a complete halt. The Priest's energy... it wasn't dark like the force below. It was simply... different. And the offer he proposed... perhaps it was too good to let slip away. The proof of his power was all around him. The melting walls, the stone domes. The Priest could control aspects of reality, or at least, he appeared to have such powers.​

The Priest's words echoed around his head. One of them could control reality. The other could control death. Even by reputation, their powers were nothing short of godly. Their abilities could easily put even Belmond to shame. And all they needed was the arrow... a single object of power in exchange for everything he had ever wanted. An arrow in exchange for all he had fought for. The Priest held the power to bring about his paradise, and grant him the power to enact upon the mortals the justice and discipline they so dearly desired. And maybe, once he had been given what he so dearly desired, he could take the strength for himself and become not a hero of justice... but a God of Justice, enough to dethrone all those who worship Destruction. And all it took was to turn his back upon the OMDA. To turn his back on Toppo.

Toppo had betrayed him once. And the OMDA? They were only holding him back. He prayed Toppo would notify them of his change in employer...

"I accept your offer, Priest. I lend you my strength, for as long as you hold up your end of the bargain" Jiren returned to a passive stance and bowed. He barely looked at the other agents "Forgive me, my allies. I pray that you too will come to understand the opportunity that sits before us... and all the good that could come out of it...."

"....."

"..........."

"..................."

"ARE YOU DAFT?!?!"

Severa could not believe this. "What is WRONG with you?! This nutcase works with two overpowered morons who HATE each other, and you're choosing to SIDE with him?!?! Ugh, you make me SICK!!! And it's not like you'll be on his side for long-Leivinia is gonna kill him with that explosion, if my attack didn't already. You just made yourself look a bigger fool than all those three combined! Are you proud of yourself? Proud to prove what a dunce you are?"

@Ver @Cromartous @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs

Grandpa Max looks back for a bit while still far from the group with Phil.

"Toppo will know this one way or another," Max adds, "we can only hope to have faith in our allies until we join their side. I have a hunch that Jiren's raw power might just exceed Pucci's, which means that Pucci's got an upper hand now."

Max shakes his head.

"I have faith in our allies, but not even faith can bypass choosing the right option out of so many... I have to have faith in them - faith that they'll allow Jiren to see what's happening. I want to talk Jiren out of this, but what we're doing is important as well."

Max lowers his head.

ThrIHEN.png

"I'm sorry I can't be there to help you, Jiren."

kugis1x.png

Phil Connors

Phil stared back at the priest, not speaking a word or offering an attack. He could read when someone was guarding and he instead decided to take a look around him for once to see if anything looked out of place downstairs. He wasn't going to give the priest the joy of attacking him.

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Ver @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs
"You too, young man?" Grandpa Max accompanies Phil in his investigations. "I think we've got some pretty heavy hitters on our side. Let's make sure Father Pucci & whoever's up there are the only opponents they have to deal with."

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Ver @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs​
As opposed to the others investigating, Leivinia simply made another attack. She didn't know what his ability was, but the fact a magical explosion had worked against him was enough evidence that simply barraging the priest rather than that thing they called a "Stand" was an effective tactic. In other words, attacks that didn't have to start from one's self and travel towards him had a distinct advantage in fights against people of this world. So she simply repeated her trick from before.

Once again, a pure white flash of light exploded. Drawing out Telesma but putting no effort into giving it form, she was able to create a powerful explosion with a single motion. A dome shaped explosion began right beside the waiting Pucci, threatening to envelop him with a powerful energy.

"Owch! You dastard, that HURT!" Severa winced at the pain her poor legs received as stones cut by them. Nothing worse than a couple of scrapes, but still! As others ran away, she was not going to let this guy get away without landing an attack of her own.

"Say your prayers and meet your maker!! HAH!" Severa rushed forward to make a fierce slash at Pucci, leaping back to avoid Leivinia's attack in time. Throat, chest, wherever! She didn't care as long as it made him hurt.

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Ver @Crow@dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky@Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs
Phil Connors

" There is something about the fact that he is goading us to attack that makes me think there is a bigger picture that we are ignoring. Yes, that was my idea," he said, wondering if there was something upstairs in the foyer they missed, but he didn't dare say it aloud yet.

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Ver @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs
tenor.gif

"Power...Impac--"

"....."

"..........."

"..................."

"ARE YOU DAFT?!?!"

"Toppo will know this one way or another," Max adds, "we can only hope to have faith in our allies until we join their side. I have a hunch that Jiren's raw power might just exceed Pucci's, which means that Pucci's got an upper hand now."

Max shakes his head.

"I have faith in our allies, but not even faith can bypass choosing the right option out of so many... I have to have faith in them - faith that they'll allow Jiren to see what's happening. I want to talk Jiren out of this, but what we're doing is important as well."

Max lowers his head.

Schala Zeal
@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Ver @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies
@Downstairs

Schala was silent now... Staring down Pucci as tried to figure out what he was doing. She didn't want to risk making an attack; when she fought offensively rather than defensively against an unknown opponent, it rarely ended well after all.

However, before she had a chance to warn Leivina, or Severa about the potential dangers of their actions... Jiren did something unthinkable... Something that chilled her to her very core.

"Don't you understand what will happen if his goals are achieved? ... ... In his 'heaven', we lose our humanity. Without bad, there is no good... Without anger, there is no happiness. What we lose to create the heaven he dreams of is not just the lives of all those that exist in the multivese... But all the things that make us... Us." She said, the desperation clear in her voice.

A sad look crossed her face before she continued, hoping to talk Jiren out of this before it was too late.

"Please... I don't want to fight you too..." She begged him.

It was still difficult for her to understand completely what the concept of humanity is... Or what makes them... Them, but she knew it by taking away all of their negative emotions, and perhaps experiences by extension... They would relinquish their positive ones too. As far as she knew, these feelings, these impulses, as troublesome as they may be at times were what defined 'humanity', so to speak.​

Last edited:
"....."

"..........."

"..................."

"ARE YOU DAFT?!?!"

"Don't presume to know me, fool" Jiren cried, commanding the air to spiral around him like a whirlpool "Don't presume me to be weak or cowardly. I have made my choice. I stand with what I believe. Not the Organization, not the OMDA, and not you"

Leaping through the air in a backward spiral, Jiren hung in the air, placing himself between the incoming attacks and the Priest. He crossed his arms in front of his face and tucked his legs inwards, letting his ki fire up and engulf him in a firey shield. It was time to cement his betray. It seemed as if his team would not see the light. He would have to strike in favor of Pucci... and protect him against his former allies... He would be lying if he claim to be filled with more than a slither of regret.

"You will not interfere with my dream. YOU WILL NOT GET IN THE WAY OF MY DESTINY!"
images

"From now on, if you want to get to Pucci, you'll have to go through me"

Max shakes his head.

Max lowers his head.

ThrIHEN.png

"Thank you for your kindness, old man... but I have not earned it. Yet... I can't help but that you for your understanding" He redoubled his shield "But.... I urge you not to get in my way... I cannot guarantee your safety should you try..."
Schala Zeal
@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Ver @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies
@Downstairs

Schala was silent now... Staring down Pucci as tried to figure out what he was doing. She didn't want to risk making an attack; when she fought offensively rather than defensively against an unknown opponent, it rarely ended well after all.

However, before she had a chance to warn Leivina, or Severa about the potential dangers of their actions... Giren did something unthinkable... Something that chilled her to her very core.

"Don't you understand what will happen if his goals are achieved? ... ... In his 'heaven', we lose our humanity. Without bad, there is no good... Without anger, there is no happiness. What we lose to create the heaven he dreams of is not just the lives of all those that exist in the multivese... But all the things that make us... Us." She said, the desperation clear in her voice.

A sad look crossed her face before she continued, hoping to talk Jiren out of this before it was too late.

"Please... I don't want to fight you too..." She begged him.

It was still difficult for her to understand completely what the concept of humanity is... Or what makes them... Them, but she knew it by taking away all of their negative emotions, and perhaps experiences by extension... They would relinquish their positive ones too. As far as she knew, these feelings, these impulses, as troublesome as they may be at times were what defined 'humanity', so to speak.
"I never cared much for humanity..."

He tightened an alien fist, and stared down at it with empty, alien eyes.

"I never had any to begin with... And maybe I'll never understand why you'll miss it"

He breathed deep, his heart a stone.

"But maybe the price of peace ... is happiness...Maybe good needs to die to kill the bad... Humanity... that passion has brought the galaxy to ruin time and time again. Ash. The Murder Games. The Tournament of Power. It needs to be kept in check..."
0950329fdc84dac02ed33a9bbb0a9d9b2094b39f_hq.gif

"Maybe the solution to all this colour... Is the Gray!"

❝ FOOLISH. ❞ Dlanor didn't waste a breath to turn her attention to Jiren. Originally she was going to try and cut Pucci down, but a potential defect in their ranks? She couldn't afford to allow him to stick around if that were the case.

❝ You are only falling for the illusion crafted by the ENEMY. Stand down now or face the CONSEQUENCES. Let it be known that I will not allow you to proceed with this decision any FURTHER. ❞ Her last statement gleamed in Red, the glow of the Red Truth empowering her blade. Despite what she implied if he were to cease this nonsense, the inquisitor sped towards Jiren, the magical blade swung with the clear intent to maim!

Willard only watched as the other witch hunter went to work, prepared to give Dlanor any assistance if need be.

@Ver @Cromartous @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @Yun Lee @York @Crow @Lucky @dark @Alex Azure
@Downstairs

"...!!"

Now, Diego wasn't exactly one to get too ahead of himself when it came to declaring victories- and he would gladly wring the necks of those who might claim otherwise- but the series of strategies that Giorno and this Jotaro fellow managed to pull off in order to secure all those strikes towards his vulgar replica certainly had the blonde impressed. And with the louder of the nearby pair of girls already in process of preparing a contingency plan, it almost seemed as though Diego wouldn't be needed for this little skirmish... but still... it was going by too easily, wasn't it?

Though Diego caught and returned his alternative son's grin, the progress that their little ragtag team was making almost enough to make the Englishman concerned. So, as always, he wasn't going to make any speeches. No declarations. No taunts. Diego wasn't even interested in fully showing himself, simply content with the window of absolute perfect opportunity that Giorno provided, the boy's usage of those raptors sparking cerulean eyes ablaze.

That's it, then! If the counter ability of animals made by Gold Experience doesn't do it, this will...!!

Knowing that his special Virus was not coursing through DIO the very moment he dared to attack his soldiers, Diego licked at his lips as they dried from the anticipation, only for a single phrase to hiss through those fangs.
9vLbEMw.png

"'Scary Monsters'. By my command, commit suicide, my new slave."

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @dark @Hahli Nuva @upstairs

"Don't presume to know me, fool" Jiren cried, commanding the air to spiral around him like a whirlpool "Don't presume me to be weak or cowardly. I have made my choice. I stand with what I believe. Not the Organization, not the OMDA, and not you"

Leaping through the air in a backward spiral, Jiren hung in the air, placing himself between the incoming attacks and the Priest. He crossed his arms in front of his face and tucked his legs inwards, letting his ki fire up and engulf him in a firey shield. It was time to cement his betray. It seemed as if his team would not see the light. He would have to strike in favor of Pucci... and protect him against his former allies... He would be lying if he claim to be filled with more than a slither of regret.

"You will not interfere with my dream. YOU WILL NOT GET IN THE WAY OF MY DESTINY!"
images

"From now on, if you want to get to Pucci, you'll have to go through me"

"Thank you for your kindness, old man... but I have not earned it. Yet... I can't help but that you for your understanding" He redoubled his shield "But.... I urge you not to get in my way... I cannot guarantee your safety should you try..."

"I never cared much for humanity" He tightened an alien fist, and stared down at it with empty, alien eyes. "I never had any to begin with... And maybe I'll never understand why you'll miss it" He breathed deep "But maybe the price of peace ... is happiness" His power surged again "Maybe good needs to die to kill the bad... Humanity... that passion has brought the galaxy to ruin time and time again. Ash. The Murder Games. The Tournament of Power. It needs to be kept in check..."
0950329fdc84dac02ed33a9bbb0a9d9b2094b39f_hq.gif

"Maybe the solution to all this colour... Is the Gray!"
❝ FOOLISH. ❞ Dlanor didn't waste a breath to turn her attention to Jiren. Originally she was going to try and cut Pucci down, but a potential defect in their ranks? She couldn't afford to allow him to stick around if that were the case.

❝ You are only falling for the illusion crafted by the ENEMY. Stand down now or face the CONSEQUENCES. Let it be known that I will not allow you to proceed with this decision any FURTHER. ❞ Her last statement gleamed in Red, the glow of the Red Truth empowering her blade. Despite what she implied if he were to cease this nonsense, the inquisitor sped towards Jiren, the magical blade swung with the clear intent to maim!

Willard only watched as the other witch hunter went to work, prepared to give Dlanor any assistance if need be.

@Ver @Cromartous @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @Yun Lee @York @Crow @Lucky @dark @Alex Azure
@Downstairs
Schala Zeal
@Ver @Cromartous @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Cromartous @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies
@Downstairs

Schala wavered, but stood her ground against Jiren. It wasn't so much of a personal grudge as it was a clash of responsibilities; they simply could not see eye to eye, as they were just too different.

"Maybe it is... But... It is not a solution I wish for. A price I cannot dare pay."

Her words did not waver this time as she continued.

"My dream... My purpose... Is to protect the eternal dream of life; the foundation of the future to those that still live on in this Multiverse. So long as I draw breath... I will not allow it to fade. No matter the cost... I have to stand in your way Jiren... I'm sorry..." Her hands shook as she raised them slowly, carefully... Her eyes not just on Pucci and his stand now, but Jiren as well, making sure not to let her guard down, no matter what.

In the end... They were both fighting for what they believed was right. Each of them were fully convinced of their goals. But in the end... It seemed that words alone wouldn't put an end to this dilemma... No... It was up to their actions now...​

Last edited:
"Gnngh?!" DIO audibly grunted in a mixture of confusion and pain as Diego, still in the shadows, sprung his own strategy, laid out with the help of Giorno and Ermes. As Scary Monsters began to overtake his vampiric body, cracks forming on his face, as per Diego's demand to end his own life, DIO found that his body began moving on its own, directly toward the exposed sunlight created by Jolyne!

Meanwhile...

6584bbdf4d4dc982ea0c6991ece71277.png

"Leaving so soon? To think you came for me yourself, but the fun's only just getting started," a shadowy, feminine figure said to Libra and Rita as they left the room, suddenly appearing in front of them, adorned with long, flowing hair and a hat that looked like something you'd see on a witch. Suddenly, a small burst of what looked like explosions rang out right on the two of them with enough force to send them flying back into the room from whence they came. The "explosions" weren't fatal, holding only just enough force to make Libra and Rita have the wind be knocked out of them with little lasting damage, as even their clothes were otherwise unscathed.

And so, the figure stepped into the room as well, standing over the two and watching everything go down. What a pain.

"Wha--?!" Fiamma of the Right exclaimed, turning around to see the form of the Magic God that he had managed to track down, and yet, to finally find himself in the presence of the source of the raw power, his legs froze, having never been up against someone this powerful face-to-face before. "Othinus...! So you really are here!" He exclaimed, pointing his right open palm at her as it began to glow, as though he began preparing a spell for her.

WHOOSH!

Suddenly, everyone in the room felt a powerful wave of air wash over them. A strange, bizarre air that overcame everyone for the briefest of moments. Fiamma's prepared spell was negated before it was cast, as did Jordshan's flash bang. Clockwork would have ceased to exist, as Ben would suddenly find himself in his normal human form again. Any remaining dinosaurs disappeared into thin air. And to that end, the "virus" that was Scary Monsters disappeared from DIO, restoring him.

f235ce7024c134dfceb51d063fb34d67.png

"My, my. Was a diversion simply too daunting a task for you, DIO?" She asked, her imposing voice, booming yet soft-spoken, almost seeming to echo throughout the room.

With a scornful look, his eyes filled with vitriol, DIO gritted his teeth and growled at the mysterious female. "Don't... interfere, Othinus! This does not concern you!"

"Oh? Was I not the one who orchestrated this little plot for our dear friends? You are losing yourself to the heat of such a small fight. And to think I had to waste a usage of my 50/50 magic on you... But now that everyone is gathered here -- at least, everyone that I need -- then..." She trailed off.

DIO clicked his tongue. "... So I see. Then I no longer need to be here. Go then. Do what you like then," he hissed, before eyeing Giorno in particular, his grimace twisting into a grin for the briefest of moments, "You will lose everything, dear son. Just as in war, you are on the wrong side of history, but no matter. Everything will be made clear soon," he said. Suddenly, with that, he disappeared into thin air, leaving only a brief flash of light, one that he did not make when he had been using his ability to stop time, as if to suggest...

"He had a transportation pad on him this whole time?!"

"You would not believe how irritating it was to convince him to act as the diversion, but it was necessary all the same," Othinus, the Magic God that finally showed herself, simply said, brushing aside some stray hair, "So you did come for me, Fiamma of the Right. Along with the faker and the Imagine Breaker, but... I imagine they won't be for long of this world. Not with the betrayal by one of your own..." She laughed softly.

"Betrayal...?! What are you getting at?!"

"See for yourself, if you'd like. Or go after me. Choose wisely," she only said, stepping back and disappearing into the shadows in the doorway behind her.

With the fight against DIO having come to an abrupt end, it seemed that the situation was still urgent thanks to her dire implications. You now had the option of trying to follow Othinus or head downstairs using the stairs from the other side of the room to investigate what she had meant.

@Space_Candy @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Crow @Yun Lee @Josh @Hood Rat @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Cromartous @Upstairs

Last edited:
"Nngh..." Still reeling from the explosion, Libra pulled himself into a sitting position, clutching his head as he caught his breath. Even having been knocked down, he still heard all Othinus said, and was still intent on stopping her. For now, though, he looked over the group. "Does...does anyone require healing? After I help you, I plan on following Othinus. We need to hurry...oh Gods, my head..."

@Ver @Space_Candy @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark@Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Crow @Yun Lee @Josh @Hood Rat @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Cromartous @Upstairs

Will scoffed as she charged a bolt of Quintessence to throw at Othinus. The Keeper heard the witch's words, but betrayal? Who would come all the way out here just to betray the entire group? Wil used The Heart to scan the entire complex, and when she was finished, the realization hit her like a frieght train.

Jiren's heartrate had skyrocketed and his aura was flaring.

Either he was in the fight of his life, or he was the one Othinus spoke of. Either way, the witch was right. The team had a choice to make, and while she had not been appointed field leader, Will didn't need rank to formulate a plan. The Keeper flew in front of the group, speaking up so that everyone could hear her.

"Clearly, we need to split up. Not everyone is familiar with that woman, but for those of you that are, maybe you can go after her. The rest of us that don't should follow me downstairs. I think I know what she was talking about, and it's not going to be pretty."

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh @dark @Alex Azure @Crow @Yun Lee @Hood Rat @Lucky @Cromartous @UPSTAIRS

"Gnngh?!" DIO audibly grunted in a mixture of confusion and pain as Diego, still in the shadows, sprung his own strategy, laid out with the help of Giorno and Ermes. As Scary Monsters began to overtake his vampiric body, cracks forming on his face, as per Diego's demand to end his own life, DIO found that his body began moving on its own, directly toward the exposed sunlight created by Jolyne!

Meanwhile...

6584bbdf4d4dc982ea0c6991ece71277.png

"Leaving so soon? To think you came for me yourself, but the fun's only just getting started," a shadowy, feminine figure said to Libra and Rita as they left the room, suddenly appearing in front of them, adorned with long, flowing hair and a hat that looked like something you'd see on a witch. Suddenly, a small burst of what looked like explosions rang out right on the two of them with enough force to send them flying back into the room from whence they came. The "explosions" weren't fatal, holding only just enough force to make Libra and Rita have the wind be knocked out of them with little lasting damage, as even their clothes were otherwise unscathed.

And so, the figure stepped into the room as well, standing over the two and watching everything go down. What a pain.

"Wha--?!" Fiamma of the Right exclaimed, turning around to see the form of the Magic God that he had managed to track down, and yet, to finally find himself in the presence of the source of the raw power, his legs froze, having never been up against someone this powerful face-to-face before. "Othinus...! So you really are here!" He exclaimed, pointing his right open palm at her as it began to glow, as though he began preparing a spell for her.

WHOOSH!

Suddenly, everyone in the room felt a powerful wave of air wash over them. A strange, bizarre air that overcame everyone for the briefest of moments. Fiamma's prepared spell was negated before it was cast, as did Jordshan's flash bang. Clockwork would have ceased to exist, as Ben would suddenly find himself in his normal human form again. Any remaining dinosaurs disappeared into thin air. And to that end, the "virus" that was Scary Monsters disappeared from DIO, restoring him.

f235ce7024c134dfceb51d063fb34d67.png

"My, my. Was a diversion simply too daunting a task for you, DIO?" She asked, her imposing voice, booming yet soft-spoken, almost seeming to echo throughout the room.

With a scornful look, his eyes filled with vitriol, DIO gritted his teeth and growled at the mysterious female. "Don't... interfere, Othinus! This does not concern you!"

"Oh? Was I not the one who orchestrated this little plot for our dear friends? You are losing yourself to the heat of such a small fight. And to think I had to waste a usage of my 50/50 magic on you... But now that everyone is gathered here -- at least, everyone that I need -- then..." She trailed off.

DIO clicked his tongue. "... So I see. Then I no longer need to be here. Go then. Do what you like then," he hissed, before eyeing Giorno in particular, his grimace twisting into a grin for the briefest of moments, "You will lose everything, dear son. Just as in war, you are on the wrong side of history, but no matter. Everything will be made clear soon," he said. Suddenly, with that, he disappeared into thin air, leaving only a brief flash of light, one that he did not make when he had been using his ability to stop time, as if to suggest...

"He had a transportation pad on him this whole time?!"

"You would not believe how irritating it was to convince him to act as the diversion, but it was necessary all the same," Othinus, the Magic God that finally showed herself, simply said, brushing aside some stray hair, "So you did come for me, Fiamma of the Right. Along with the faker and the Imagine Breaker, but... I imagine they won't be for long of this world. Not with the betrayal by one of your own..." She laughed softly.

"Betrayal...?! What are you getting at?!"

"See for yourself, if you'd like. Or go after me. Choose wisely," she only said, stepping back and disappearing into the shadows in the doorway behind her.

With the fight against DIO having come to an abrupt end, it seemed that the situation was still urgent thanks to her dire implications. You now had the option of trying to follow Othinus or head downstairs using the stairs from the other side of the room to investigate what she had meant.

"Nngh..." Still reeling from the explosion, Libra pulled himself into a sitting position, clutching his head as he caught his breath. Even having been knocked down, he still heard all Othinus said, and was still intent on stopping her. For now, though, he looked over the group. "Does...does anyone require healing? After I help you, I plan on following Othinus. We need to hurry...oh Gods, my head..."

@Ver @Space_Candy @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark@Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Crow @Yun Lee @Josh @Hood Rat @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Cromartous @Upstairs

"I'm coming with you, Libra," Ben, having turned back into his human form, places a hand on Libra's shoulder. "I have a lot of questions, and no answers at all. We'll need a good team to back the people downstairs up, but we're also not done with Othinus."

Ben noticed that Libra was having a bit of a headache.

GOeYJvY.jpg

"Libra, are you alright? Can you manage?"

@Ver @Yun Lee @FollowingOthinus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back