Side Story The Goddess II: Fate of the Old Gods

"Ugly?" Metodey chuckled. "Please!"

Metodey's outline seemed to flicker and fade. The Assassins vanished into thin air. His voice began to echo around the hall.

"I won't be vexed so easily! Her majesty chose me for a reason!"

The three demonic beasts trashed about, repelling the advancing cupids with their great, clawed hands. With great clay masks shielding their eyes and thick, dense skin to protect their muscles, the Demonic Beasts were relatively unfazed by the flying bests. They severed as an effective distraction, but they weren't slaying the beasts any time soon.

Atlantiades' attempts to ground the Winged Beast proved successful. A grotesque pop, the creature's right wing was torn from it's body. The two remaining beasts, however, were simply spurred on by the smell of blood. The four legged masked beast struck the deity from behind with a mighty fist. The force of the blow was enough to send her tumbling through one of the marble pillars that littered to hall.

@Jeremi

"Whatever your reasons for fighting, star---"

[BOOOOM]

Another pillar of smoke rose from Poseidon's tower.

"Whatever your reasons for fighting, creature-" Seiros hissed, disgusted by the boy's shift in demeanor. "You would be wise to lend your skills to Poseidon. The Emperor has bought us some time, but our lines are still devastated. Our troops are scattered. The time has come to fall back to the tower!"

@Capri

"Aye, Mila," Ares growled. He drew his sword and pulled his axe free from the ropes that bound it to his back. He rolled his weapons in his hands and tightened his focus. "If my brother can slay a beast such as this, aye, so can Ares. Now toss me, Dragon! Toss me at the Hydra!"

@Takumi

"Toss you, hmmrrr?" She hummed, the sound trailing into a thoughtful purr partway through.

"Very well, War Child! Hhraugh!!!" With a great cry and a tooth filled snarl towards the hydra, she tossed the God of War at the beast, before opening her mouth wide and sending flames and bolts of lightning breath at three of it's heads herself. Flying around the three heads that were now her targets, she remained unrelenting, taking short breaths between her attacks.

Vzzrsh-BOOM!

Fwshzz-BOOM!

KrakOOM!

Making her flames as hot as she could, and her lightning breath as precise as possible, she attempted to destroy their head to pieces that she would attempt to melt to nothing quickly after. Doing her best to keep out of their jaws reach, in the meantime.

@Sark @Crunch

"Ugly?" Metodey chuckled. "Please!"

Metodey's outline seemed to flicker and fade. The Assassins vanished into thin air. His voice began to echo around the hall.

"I won't be vexed so easily! Her majesty chose me for a reason!"

The three demonic beasts trashed about, repelling the advancing cupids with their great, clawed hands. With great clay masks shielding their eyes and thick, dense skin to protect their muscles, the Demonic Beasts were relatively unfazed by the flying bests. They severed as an effective distraction, but they weren't slaying the beasts any time soon.

Atlantiades' attempts to ground the Winged Beast proved successful. A grotesque pop, the creature's right wing was torn from it's body. The two remaining beasts, however, were simply spurred on by the smell of blood. The four legged masked beast struck the deity from behind with a mighty fist. The force of the blow was enough to send her tumbling through one of the marble pillars that littered to hall.

@Jeremi

"Whatever your reasons for fighting, star---"

[BOOOOM]

Another pillar of smoke rose from Poseidon's tower.

"Whatever your reasons for fighting, creature-" Seiros hissed, disgusted by the boy's shift in demeanor. "You would be wise to lend your skills to Poseidon. The Emperor has bought us some time, but our lines are still devastated. Our troops are scattered. The time has come to fall back to the tower!"

@Capri

"Aye, Mila," Ares growled. He drew his sword and pulled his axe free from the ropes that bound it to his back. He rolled his weapons in his hands and tightened his focus. "If my brother can slay a beast such as this, aye, so can Ares. Now toss me, Dragon! Toss me at the Hydra!"

@Takumi

Atlantiades barreled through the pillar and into the nearby wall. Rattled, but otherwise looking unhurt they'd extend their wings as a way to shake themselves off. "Everyone believes they can fell a God, but what can I expect from mindless beasts?"

With a burst, they sped through the air again picking up the severed wing they had dropped aiming to stab the severed part into the jugular of the first beast. These were clearly only a distraction, that rat-man clearly had something more sinister planned vanishing from the battle like that, but Atlantiades couldn't let them wreak havoc here. Maybe some crippling was enough to stop their rampage.

@Sark

Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy knew that when those two words were uttered that he had come up with an answer that seemed to please Poseidon, even if it was only for a moment. It was weird to think that the gods were replaceable, but it didn't surprise him. He had been chosen as the wizard's champions, a successor, he hadn't been the first. Why should or for that matter why would they be any different. It was interesting to realize that nobody had asked for the war, but it had come anyway. He understood that things were not going to get easier and that they needed to get the people out of this small area before any of them died. He wondered how any of this was helping in the fight right now. He wondered if this was just the new normal of the world though.

There were so many things that he wished he had understood, but one of the biggest was why it had taken so long for them to act. He had been a mortal not too long ago, but here he was a god. But yet, he didn't feel like he was any better or more powerful than anyone. Hell, he would argue half the people fighting outside were much more powerful than him.

Billy would look back at the king though.

Why was it that Billy always found himself on the losing side of every fight he joined? First the battle against Arcade, second, the saving of the Great Spirits. He paused, not sure what to make of the fact that he was being entrusted with secrets.

Billy just stared. Somethin that powerful belonged to him, but was he worthy of it? Sure, he had saved his family from the sins, but then he had fallen into darkness. But he had come out and fought back. He went on to save the Great Spirits. But did all the good he did outweigh all the bad. " I can't promise you that I will be able to remove the sword from the stone, but I will certainly try," he replied, approaching the sword and attempting to pull it out of the stone.

@Sark

"Alright then, madame, lead the way!" HABIT said in this faux formal voice, making an exaggerated 'leading the way' motion with his hands.

@Sark

"Toss you, hmmrrr?" She hummed, the sound trailing into a thoughtful purr partway through.

"Very well, War Child! Hhraugh!!!" With a great cry and a tooth filled snarl towards the hydra, she tossed the God of War at the beast, before opening her mouth wide and sending flames and bolts of lightning breath at three of it's heads herself. Flying around the three heads that were now her targets, she remained unrelenting, taking short breaths between her attacks.

Vzzrsh-BOOM!

Fwshzz-BOOM!

KrakOOM!

Making her flames as hot as she could, and her lightning breath as precise as possible, she attempted to destroy their head to pieces that she would attempt to melt to nothing quickly after. Doing her best to keep out of their jaws reach, in the meantime.

@Sark @Crunch
With a mighty crack, Ares' body struck the chest of the Emerald Hydra, his sword cutting deep into its crystal skin. Suspended above the streets, the God of War tightened his grip and wrapped his legs around his sword. With his free hand, he unleashed a flurry of bullets from his pistol into the creature's growing wound. Whenever he stopped to reload, the creature seemed to regenerate a little.

Overhead, the first of the Hydra's three great heads came crashing down with a shriek. It can crashing down towards the waves, Mila's lighting still crackling across its 'scales'. The creature's neck struck the concrete of a fallen tower and shattered into a thousand tiny pieces. The shards rushed back towards the beasts' bulk and added to its mass.

The Hydra screeched as two heads sprouted by the wound left behind by the loss of its first.

The Hydra unleashed four move waves of thunder towards Mila. It's crackling beams crossing over each other as they burned the sky.

@Takumi @Crunch
Atlantiades barreled through the pillar and into the nearby wall. Rattled, but otherwise looking unhurt they'd extend their wings as a way to shake themselves off. "Everyone believes they can fell a God, but what can I expect from mindless beasts?"

With a burst, they sped through the air again picking up the severed wing they had dropped aiming to stab the severed part into the jugular of the first beast. These were clearly only a distraction, that rat-man clearly had something more sinister planned vanishing from the battle like that, but Atlantiades couldn't let them wreak havoc here. Maybe some crippling was enough to stop their rampage.

@Sark
The stolen wing pierced the first beast's throat. It released a gurgling screech as it threw its head back, clutching its wound. It stumbled back onto its hind legs and cried out once again, before finally falling back onto its back. The final able-bodied beast slowly lumbered forth, baring its foul teeth. The stench of its breath was indescribable.

Before Atlantiades could advance, they would feet a sudden striking pain fill their lower back. A silver point protruded Atlantiades' abdomen.

Metodey withdrew his thin, blade from the Idol's back and reversed its grip once again. He wiped their blood on the base of his tunic before vanishing into this air once again.

"Mindless beasts? I do hope you were talking about my friends and not little old me..."

@Jeremi
Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy knew that when those two words were uttered that he had come up with an answer that seemed to please Poseidon, even if it was only for a moment. It was weird to think that the gods were replaceable, but it didn't surprise him. He had been chosen as the wizard's champions, a successor, he hadn't been the first. Why should or for that matter why would they be any different. It was interesting to realize that nobody had asked for the war, but it had come anyway. He understood that things were not going to get easier and that they needed to get the people out of this small area before any of them died. He wondered how any of this was helping in the fight right now. He wondered if this was just the new normal of the world though.

There were so many things that he wished he had understood, but one of the biggest was why it had taken so long for them to act. He had been a mortal not too long ago, but here he was a god. But yet, he didn't feel like he was any better or more powerful than anyone. Hell, he would argue half the people fighting outside were much more powerful than him.

Billy would look back at the king though.

Why was it that Billy always found himself on the losing side of every fight he joined? First the battle against Arcade, second, the saving of the Great Spirits. He paused, not sure what to make of the fact that he was being entrusted with secrets.

Billy just stared. Somethin that powerful belonged to him, but was he worthy of it? Sure, he had saved his family from the sins, but then he had fallen into darkness. But he had come out and fought back. He went on to save the Great Spirits. But did all the good he did outweigh all the bad. " I can't promise you that I will be able to remove the sword from the stone, but I will certainly try," he replied, approaching the sword and attempting to pull it out of the stone.

@Sark
A tremor shook the city.
It was as if touching the hilt of the sword had triggered something.
A something had clicked inside the City. And something had clicked inside Batson too.
For a split second, he could see everything.
Every inch of Atlantis stretched out before him.
Every drop of water.
Every falling stone.
Every hair on the Goddess' head and every drop of sweet on her brow.
He could see it all.
His vision stretched out further.
He could see every beat of a fly's wing as it buzzed passed the window of his childhood home.
He could see everything.
And seeing everything is a great way to remind someone how large the multiverse is.
And how small they are.
But the burden of knowledge vanished as quickly as it came.
Billy's vision returned to normal just in time for him to see another sacred thunderbolt come crashing down from the heavens.
The Blazing Bolt shattered the ceiling of Poseidon's tower. Even the king himself ran for cover. But the Thunder God barely flinched.
His power had increased 5 fold. The sword felt natural in his hand. He knew exactly how to use it. He had always known.
A voice whispered in the back of Shazam's mind.

"The God Shattering Star is a tool for mortal hands. Find the Returned. Pass the Blade. Only then shall the Goddess fall."

He felt his power rise once again. He felt the Goddess' eyes fall upon him. She was waiting for him.

A blazing white portal appeared behind Batson. The Gates to Atlantis were open once again.

"So that time has come..." Poseidon smiled as he stepped out from behind a fallen pillar. "The Blade has Chosen a Champion. And my brother owes me a few more Drachma." He chuckled to himself. The base of his trident tapped upon the marble tiles as the King of Atlantis approached Billy. Poseidon placed his hand upon the boy's shoulder. "I trust the blade shall guide you from now on. Listen to its wisdom. It won't steer your wrong. As for me--" Poseidon grunted as he lowered himself back down to his throne. "My time has come. The Gates of Atlantis are open. She knows what's coming next. She always was a beautiful city..."

Across Atlantis, the city's floodgates came tumbling down. Great white waves came rushing down the streets, parting the advancing Emerald Savages. Towers fell. Bridges collapses. Despite the rising water, the Emerald Hydra refused to relent.

"When the city falls, boy, promise me this. Do not forget Her. Do not let Atlantis die with me."
With a sudden crash, the final Demonic Beast came crashing through the floors. It held a wounded Atlantiades within its grasp. It tossed the Idol across the floor. The King rushed to aid her.

"Fortune is not on your side, is it child?" Poseidon offered her a hand. "Come. We'll face it together."

The Final Beast's eyes burned crimson. It's power rose as it drew upon the strength of its wounded brothers.

With a clattering of steel, HABIT and Seiros entered the hall, weapons drawn.

"Step away from them, disgusting creature!" Seiros hissed, extending her blade. "Prepare to suffer for your sins!"
@Lucky

Last edited:

With a mighty crack, Ares' body struck the chest of the Emerald Hydra, his sword cutting deep into its crystal skin. Suspended above the streets, the God of War tightened his grip and wrapped his legs around his sword. With his free hand, he unleashed a flurry of bullets from his pistol into the creature's growing wound. Whenever he stopped to reload, the creature seemed to regenerate a little.

Overhead, the first of the Hydra's three great heads came crashing down with a shriek. It can crashing down towards the waves, Mila's lighting still crackling across its 'scales'. The creature's neck struck the concrete of a fallen tower and shattered into a thousand tiny pieces. The shards rushed back towards the beasts' bulk and added to its mass.

The Hydra screeched as two heads sprouted by the wound left behind by the loss of its first.

The Hydra unleashed four move waves of thunder towards Mila. It's crackling beams crossing over each other as they burned the sky.

@Takumi @Crunch

The stolen wing pierced the first beast's throat. It released a gurgling screech as it threw its head back, clutching its wound. It stumbled back onto its hind legs and cried out once again, before finally falling back onto its back. The final able-bodied beast slowly lumbered forth, baring its foul teeth. The stench of its breath was indescribable.

Before Atlantiades could advance, they would feet a sudden striking pain fill their lower back. A silver point protruded Atlantiades' abdomen.

Metodey withdrew his thin, blade from the Idol's back and reversed its grip once again. He wiped their blood on the base of his tunic before vanishing into this air once again.

"Mindless beasts? I do hope you were talking about my friends and not little old me..."

@Jeremi

A tremor shook the city.
A something had clicked inside the City. And something had clicked inside Batson too.
Every drop of water.
Every falling stone.
He could see it all.
He could see every beat of a fly's wing as it buzzed passed the window of his childhood home.
He could see everything.
And seeing everything is a great way to remind someone how large the multiverse is.
And how small they are.
Billy's vision returned to normal just in time for him to see another sacred thunderbolt come crashing down from the heavens.
The Blazing Bolt shattered the ceiling of Poseidon's tower. Even the king himself ran for cover. But the Thunder God barely flinched.
His power had increased 5 fold. The sword felt natural in his hand. He knew exactly how to use it. He had always known.

"The God Shattering Star is a tool for mortal hands. Find the Returned. Pass the Blade. Only then shall the Goddess fall."

He felt his power rise once again. He felt the Goddess' eyes fall upon him. She was waiting for him.

A blazing white portal appeared behind Batson. The Gates to Atlantis were open once again.

"So that time has come..." Poseidon smiled as he stepped out from behind a fallen pillar. "The Blade has Chosen a Champion. And my brother owes me a few more Drachma." He chuckled to himself. The base of his trident tapped upon the marble tiles as the King of Atlantis approached Billy. Poseidon placed his hand upon the boy's shoulder. "I trust the blade shall guide you from now on. Listen to its wisdom. It won't steer your wrong. As for me--" Poseidon grunted as he lowered himself back down to his throne. "My time has come. The Gates of Atlantis are open. She knows what's coming next. She always was a beautiful city..."

Across Atlantis, the city's floodgates came tumbling down. Great white waves came rushing down the streets, parting the advancing Emerald Savages. Towers fell. Bridges collapses. The Emerald Hydra refused to relent.

"When the city falls, boy, promise me this. Do not forget Her. Do not let Atlantis die with me."

With a sudden crash, the final Demonic Beast came crashing through the floors. It held a wounded Atlantiades within its grasp. It tossed the Idol across the floor. The King rushed to aid her.

"Fortune is not on your side, is it child?" Poseidon offered her a hand. "Come. We'll face it together."

The Final Beast's eyes burned crimson. It's power rose as it drew upon the strength of its wounded brothers.

"Step away from them, disgusting creature!" Seiros hissed, extending her blade. "Prepare to suffer for your sins!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Capri

"Don't worry,"

giMT63V.png

"You're nothing more than an amoeba," Atlantiades grunted as they clutched their wound. It was quite rare for something to hurt much less pierce the body of a God like that. The Goddess of Love was sure that they didn't want it to happen again, however. Before they could react however the final beast was on them. Grotesque murderous creatures. If it wasn't for their wound they'd...Atlantiades didn't manage to finish their thought before the floor broke and they crashed through and got thrown aside like a ragdoll.

Then they heard Poseidon's voice. "Perhaps not," They groaned grabbing his arm so that they could get up. "I felled two of its brethren, however, there is still an invisible rat-faced troglodyte still free in this place." They got up, the wound in their stomach had started to heal. "I wish to show him what happens when you play with love."

@Sark @Lucky @Capri

@Takumi @Crunch

@Jeremi

A tremor shook the city.
Every drop of water.
Every falling stone.
He could see it all.
He could see everything.
And how small they are.

Across Atlantis, the city's floodgates came tumbling down. Great white waves came rushing down the streets, parting the advancing Emerald Savages. Towers fell. Bridges collapses. Despite the rising water, the Emerald Hydra refused to relent.

@Lucky

Mila twisted in the air to dodge the attack from the Hydra, hitting the beast with her own breath attack in retaliation. If she had to distract it's ugly heads from Ares then so be it. She'd try to keep their focus on her until it could be destroyed for good.

If the beast tried to attack with another breath attack, she'd attempt to push it back with her own.

@Sark

Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy felt the tremor in the city.
He wasn't sure what he had done but it was certainly something though.
There was something that had clicked within the City and within Billy at the same time.
There was a moment where he felt infinite wisdom.
He could see every inch of the city stretched out before him.
He felt the drop of every water.
Every broken piece of the city.
There was something disgusting about seeing all the Goddess's sweat.
There was nothing he couldn't see.
The vision didn't stop there though.
He could hear the beat of a fly's wing as it went past his window and he missed it for the spilt second it happened.
And he was reminded that the multiverse was a giant place that he didn't understand.
And how inconsequential he was.
There was a moment where he wondered if it would stay, but it was gone like the wind.

But the time his vision would return to normal, he would see a sacred thunderbolt come crashing down into the throne room towards him.
There was something all too familiar about all of this, so he didn't even flinch when the bolt would come colliding with his body either.
Gone for the moment was the mortal form of Billy Batson, now he was Shazam, his powers increased ten fold and he understood everything.
He heard a voice whisper into the back of his mind.

He knew that it was never going to be him, every quest was about finding a family and sharing his power, it was never about being alone.

He felt his power increase one more as the Goddess's eyes would befall on him again as well. He knew she was waiting.

The white portal appeared just as the temporary transformation wore off as the Gates to Atlantis were open once again.

Billy would look over at the king and wondered how he was worthy of the blade's power, but it made sense. Everyone who had ever met him had seen something inside of him. From the Wizard who had chosen him as Champion, Arcade who had stopped his suicide and chosen him as Champion, Carol who believed in him and now here in this hallway, the blade had chosen him as a Champion. "I imagine that the blade would offer me such wisdom, it's an old blade and has seen a lot more in its life than the amount of years I have been alive. I'm only.... well... honestly... somewhere between 14 and 28. All this multiverse travel has messed with my timeline."

He felt that the flood gates would open up, even though he didn't have advanced hearing because the destruction was so loud though. How was it that everywhere he went, he would find power and yet the same amount of heartbreak as well though.

He would look over at him. " I won't ever forget Her as long as I live as well," he replied back to him. Before he would fight, he would listen to see what the sword told him. Somehow, he had a feeling it had to do with the portal behind him.

@Sark @Jeremi

Mila twisted in the air to dodge the attack from the Hydra, hitting the beast with her own breath attack in retaliation. If she had to distract it's ugly heads from Ares then so be it. She'd try to keep their focus on her until it could be destroyed for good.

If the beast tried to attack with another breath attack, she'd attempt to push it back with her own.

@Sark
The two beams collided with a mighty krakoom!

The force the crashing blasts shook the city. A shock wave ruptured forth. The waves crashed and climbed. The remaining heads opened their jaws and added to their strength to the crackling beam.

Exhausted by the Emperor's aerial onslaught and bombarded by Ares' point-blank shots, the Hydra was slowly warn down. The clashing beams that had once been equal in power began to flicker. The Hydra's breath grew weaker with each passing second.

Soon, the damn broke. The Hydra's strength gave out. Mila forced the heat of its own breath back upon it, propelled by the might of her own. Ares released his grip on his sword and dropped down into the foam and the spray. With a crash, the God of War vanished below the dark waves. His shadow was lost in a flash of white. The roaring beams consumed the hydra. Its skin began to crack and glow. With a final, ear splitting screech, it exploded, spraying the city with small, emerald shards. Unlike the shards that had fallen when the first dragons fell, these Hydra Shards lingered lifelessly upon the waves for a moment or two, before melting into the blue.

The Hydra was dead. The Horde of Savages stopped mid charge. They watched the Gods from afar. For a moment, the city was silent. The lapping of waves was the only sound the Gods could here. Slowly, the Goddess' forces retreated. She Who Burned the Sky was the only one to remain.

The Goddess drifted over head, gliding in the direction of Poseidon's tower.

@Takumi

"Don't worry,"

"You're nothing more than an amoeba,"
Atlantiades grunted as they clutched their wound. It was quite rare for something to hurt much less pierce the body of a God like that. The Goddess of Love was sure that they didn't want it to happen again, however. Before they could react however the final beast was on them. Grotesque murderous creatures. If it wasn't for their wound they'd...Atlantiades didn't manage to finish their thought before the floor broke and they crashed through and got thrown aside like a ragdoll.

Then they heard Poseidon's voice. "Perhaps not," They groaned grabbing his arm so that they could get up. "I felled two of its brethren, however, there is still an invisible rat-faced troglodyte still free in this place." They got up, the wound in their stomach had started to heal. "I wish to show him what happens when you play with love."

@Sark @Lucky @Capri
HABIT aims his rifle at the final beast, his smile wide, craving a new kill.

He fired the god-killing rifle at the beast, aiming at its neck.

@Sark @Jeremi @Lucky
Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy felt the tremor in the city.
He wasn't sure what he had done but it was certainly something though.
There was something that had clicked within the City and within Billy at the same time.
There was a moment where he felt infinite wisdom.
He could see every inch of the city stretched out before him.
He felt the drop of every water.
Every broken piece of the city.
There was something disgusting about seeing all the Goddess's sweat.
The vision didn't stop there though.
He could hear the beat of a fly's wing as it went past his window and he missed it for the spilt second it happened.
And he was reminded that the multiverse was a giant place that he didn't understand.
And how inconsequential he was.
There was a moment where he wondered if it would stay, but it was gone like the wind.

But the time his vision would return to normal, he would see a sacred thunderbolt come crashing down into the throne room towards him.
There was something all too familiar about all of this, so he didn't even flinch when the bolt would come colliding with his body either.
Gone for the moment was the mortal form of Billy Batson, now he was Shazam, his powers increased ten fold and he understood everything.
He heard a voice whisper into the back of his mind.

He knew that it was never going to be him, every quest was about finding a family and sharing his power, it was never about being alone.

He felt his power increase one more as the Goddess's eyes would befall on him again as well. He knew she was waiting.

The white portal appeared just as the temporary transformation wore off as the Gates to Atlantis were open once again.

Billy would look over at the king and wondered how he was worthy of the blade's power, but it made sense. Everyone who had ever met him had seen something inside of him. From the Wizard who had chosen him as Champion, Arcade who had stopped his suicide and chosen him as Champion, Carol who believed in him and now here in this hallway, the blade had chosen him as a Champion. "I imagine that the blade would offer me such wisdom, it's an old blade and has seen a lot more in its life than the amount of years I have been alive. I'm only.... well... honestly... somewhere between 14 and 28. All this multiverse travel has messed with my timeline."

He felt that the flood gates would open up, even though he didn't have advanced hearing because the destruction was so loud though. How was it that everywhere he went, he would find power and yet the same amount of heartbreak as well though.

He would look over at him. " I won't ever forget Her as long as I live as well," he replied back to him. Before he would fight, he would listen to see what the sword told him. Somehow, he had a feeling it had to do with the portal behind him.

@Sark @Jeremi
View attachment 5672
The Goddess' emerald shattered the heavens above you. Her approach had been swift. Silent. She stared down upon the Old Gods with scorn burning behind her eyes.

She folded her arms and slowly started to descend upon the sinful congregation.

Keep it from her, Excalibur commanded Now matter the cost, keep it from her.

The Goddess' feet graced the cold, marble floor. The once feral beast turned docile in her presence. She placed a delicate hand upon the creature's foreheads. It nuzzled into her palm like an old dog. She placed her hand over the wound HABIT's weapon had inflicted. Upon her command, it closed. The beast began to circle her, gracing her with a rhythmic, passive sniffing. With a touch, she had tamed a tiger.

A smile danced upon the Goddess' lips. She slowly turned around, the wispy edges of her toga dancing in the wind. The Warrior-Empress that had raised Atlantis was gone. The graceful Mother-Queen had taken her place.

"What a sinful congregation..." The Goddess stifled a laugh. "So foul and proud. So misguided."

Poseidon tightened his grip upon his trident. The weapon that had long since been confined to the role of a scepter was, at long last, allowed to fulfill its true purpose.

"You march upon my kingdom! You slay my subjects! It is you who is foul, Goddess! It is you who is misguided!"

The Goddess rolled her eyes.

"Such arrogance..." The Goddess waved her hand. Poseidon's trident was torn from his hands and sent flying over the tower's balcony. "And I thought those who worshiped you were intolerable. But this... this Fellowship of Gods? It's far more despicable that I first imagined..."

The Goddess waved her hand again. The King of Atlantis was pulled into the air. Helpless, Poseidon desperately called out to the power of his realm. The Goddess soothed the turbulent land was a song.

"Pride is the folly of all Gods, oh mighty king. You're all power and now pragmatism. Look at you. You've been cowering in your heavens whilst the mortals weep and beg for your aid. You had your chance to aid those beyond these marble walls, Poseidon of Atlantis, but you squandered it."

The Goddess beckoned the King of Atlantis. His body drifted towards her.

"An'Lu'Munus judges all, and I have cast my judgement upon you, King Poseidon of Atlantis. The Heavens yearn to be purified. They demand to be cleansed. The fires that burn away the past shall come from a pyre of 'holy' corpses. Yours shall not be the first. It shall not be the last."

Poseidon struggled against the will of the Goddess, but his best efforts proved futile. He could do little more than groan and sweat.

"Still... You have done one thing worthy of thanks... You have brought these wayward Gods into a single location...."

"Even now--they're advancing--" Poseidon growled. "They're--returning--from the skies-- from the streets--If I die-- you're trapped here with them--they'll--avenge me---"

"Oh, they will try, dear..." The Goddess cooed, leaning in close to her play-thing. "I'm counting on it..."

The Goddess released Poseidon from her grasp. She turned away from him and raised her hand. The Demonic Beast approached the quaking King. It gave him a curious sniff. It turned back to the Goddess, searching for permission.

"My pet?" The Goddess smiled. "Feast..."

The Demonic Creature tore the King to tatters. Shreds of fabric and flesh were flung across the room. The King screamed for a moment, but his cries were swiftly drowned out by the squelches of the Beast's greedy guzzling.

As the last sparks of light faded from Poseidon's eyes and the Demonic Beast drained the last of the blood from his body with its great tongue, the Goddess closed her eyes. She waited for something to happen. She waited for something the click. To shift. Nothing came.

She turned back to the gathered Gods. She stamped her foot. Her beast rushed to her side. Her eyes flickered to the portal and back.

"So... Metodey failed after all... " She hummed. "The Old Fool was able to choose a successor... his very own Chosen..."

She went silent for a moment. The world sickened her. She thinned her eyes and glared at Shazam.

"Another torn in my side... another spear plunges into my ribs...." She paced the hall. Slowly, she placed herself between the Gods and the Portal. Her eyes danced down towards the Thunder God's sword. They widened. "A band of Lesser-Gods coveting the power of the Greater-Ones..." She muttered. "Repulsive. You know not what you wield. Give me the Blade. Give me the blade or die. That is my offer. No. My Ultimatum. Defy my will and fall, just like all the others. It is as simple as that."

She extended her hand towards the Old Gods. The Warrior-Empress returned.

"Obedience or Oblivion. Pick your path."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Crunch

The two beams collided with a mighty krakoom!

The force the crashing blasts shook the city. A shock wave ruptured forth. The waves crashed and climbed. The remaining heads opened their jaws and added to their strength to the crackling beam.

Exhausted by the Emperor's aerial onslaught and bombarded by Ares' point-blank shots, the Hydra was slowly warn down. The clashing beams that had once been equal in power began to flicker. The Hydra's breath grew weaker with each passing second.

Soon, the damn broke. The Hydra's strength gave out. Mila forced the heat of its own breath back upon it, propelled by the might of her own. Ares released his grip on his sword and dropped down into the foam and the spray. With a crash, the God of War vanished below the dark waves. His shadow was lost in a flash of white. The roaring beams consumed the hydra. Its skin began to crack and glow. With a final, ear splitting screech, it exploded, spraying the city with small, emerald shards. Unlike the shards that had fallen when the first dragons fell, these Hydra Shards lingered lifelessly upon the waves for a moment or two, before melting into the blue.

The Hydra was dead. The Horde of Savages stopped mid charge. They watched the Gods from afar. For a moment, the city was silent. The lapping of waves was the only sound the Gods could here. Slowly, the Goddess' forces retreated. She Who Burned the Sky was the only one to remain.

The Goddess drifted over head, gliding in the direction of Poseidon's tower.

@Takumi

View attachment 5672
The Goddess' emerald shattered the heavens above you. Her approach had been swift. Silent. She stared down upon the Old Gods with scorn burning behind her eyes.

She folded her arms and slowly started to descend upon the sinful congregation.

Keep it from her, Excalibur commanded Now matter the cost, keep it from her.

The Goddess' feet graced the cold, marble floor. The once feral beast turned docile in her presence. She placed a delicate hand upon the creature's foreheads. It nuzzled into her palm like an old dog. She placed her hand over the wound HABIT's weapon had inflicted. Upon her command, it closed. The beast began to circle her, gracing her with a rhythmic, passive sniffing. With a touch, she had tamed a tiger.

A smile danced upon the Goddess' lips. She slowly turned around, the wispy edges of her toga dancing in the wind. The Warrior-Empress that had raised Atlantis was gone. The graceful Mother-Queen had taken her place.

"What a sinful congregation..." The Goddess stifled a laugh. "So foul and proud. So misguided."

Poseidon tightened his grip upon his trident. The weapon that had long since been confined to the role of a scepter was, at long last, allowed to fulfill its true purpose.

"You march upon my kingdom! You slay my subjects! It is you who is foul, Goddess! It is you who is misguided!"

The Goddess rolled her eyes.

"Such arrogance..." The Goddess waved her hand. Poseidon's trident was torn from his hands and sent flying over the tower's balcony. "And I thought those who worshiped you were intolerable. But this... this Fellowship of Gods? It's far more despicable that I first imagined..."

The Goddess waved her hand again. The King of Atlantis was pulled into the air. Helpless, Poseidon desperately called out to the power of his realm. The Goddess soothed the turbulent land was a song.

"Pride is the folly of all Gods, oh mighty king. You're all power and now pragmatism. Look at you. You've been cowering in your heavens whilst the mortals weep and beg for your aid. You had your chance to aid those beyond these marble walls, Poseidon of Atlantis, but you squandered it."

The Goddess beckoned the King of Atlantis. His body drifted towards her.

"An'Lu'Munus judges all, and I have cast my judgement upon you, King Poseidon of Atlantis. The Heavens yearn to be purified. They demand to be cleansed. The fires that burn away the past shall come from a pyre of 'holy' corpses. Yours shall not be the first. It shall not be the last."

Poseidon struggled against the will of the Goddess, but his best efforts proved futile. He could do little more than groan and sweat.

"Still... You have done one thing worthy of thanks... You have brought these wayward Gods into a single location...."

"Even now--they're advancing--" Poseidon growled. "They're--returning--from the skies-- from the streets--If I die-- you're trapped here with them--they'll--avenge me---"

"Oh, they will try, dear..." The Goddess cooed, leaning in close to her play-thing. "I'm counting on it..."

The Goddess released Poseidon from her grasp. She turned away from him and raised her hand. The Demonic Beast approached the quaking King. It gave him a curious sniff. It turned back to the Goddess, searching for permission.

"My pet?" The Goddess smiled. "Feast..."

The Demonic Creature tore the King to tatters. Shreds of fabric and flesh were flung across the room. The King screamed for a moment, but his cries were swiftly drowned out by the squelches of the Beast's greedy guzzling.

As the last sparks of light faded from Poseidon's eyes and the Demonic Beast drained the last of the blood from his body with its great tongue, the Goddess closed her eyes. She waited for something to happen. She waited for something the click. To shift. Nothing came.

She turned back to the gathered Gods. She stamped her foot. Her beast rushed to her side. Her eyes flickered to the portal and back.

"So... Metodey failed after all... " She hummed. "The Old Fool was able to choose a successor... his very own Chosen..."

She went silent for a moment. The world sickened her. She thinned her eyes and glared at Shazam.

"Another torn in my side... another spear plunges into my ribs...." She paced the hall. Slowly, she placed herself between the Gods and the Portal. Her eyes danced down towards the Thunder God's sword. They widened. "A band of Lesser-Gods coveting the power of the Greater-Ones..." She muttered. "Repulsive. You know not what you wield. Give me the Blade. Give me the blade or die. That is my offer. No. My Ultimatum. Defy my will and fall, just like all the others. It is as simple as that."

She extended her hand towards the Old Gods. The Warrior-Empress returned.

"Obedience or Oblivion. Pick your path."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Crunch

"Ares!" Mila hissed in worry, quickly diving towards the waves below in an attempt to find him and pull him out. Whether successful in her efforts or not, she would eventually attempt to rise back into the air.

Snarling at the sight, Mila turned her head to Zamasu with a tooth filled scowl.

"Please...get the remaining Atlantians to safety for me, that Goddess must be stopped. Or slowed, at the very least." Her tail flicked, anger filling her chest at the Goddess despite her small bit of glee that the Hydra was no more. Huffing, she flew to the tower where the Goddess was heading.

@Sark

HABIT’s gun wasn’t his only weapon.

He also has a machete, one also imbued with the same powers that was imbued in the .

He took it out and walked towards The Goddess with a malicious grin on his face. He didn’t care about Poseidon dying, but he knows he can’t die to some stupid monster mauling him.

“That goody two-shoes fuck isn’t the only one who can kill a god.”

In a flash of purple, HABIT teleported behind The Goddess and slashed her back.

In another flash, he did the same, but on her side.

HABIT began to teleport around The Goddess, slashing her like it was nobody’s business. All The Goddess could see was purple.

A slash, then another, then another.

All too fast for anyone to comprehend or handle.

@Sark

"Ares!" Mila hissed in worry, quickly diving towards the waves below in an attempt to find him and pull him out. Whether successful in her efforts or not, she would eventually attempt to rise back into the air.

Snarling at the sight, Mila turned her head to Zamasu with a tooth filled scowl.

"Please...get the remaining Atlantians to safety for me, that Goddess must be stopped. Or slowed, at the very least." Her tail flicked, anger filling her chest at the Goddess despite her small bit of glee that the Hydra was no more. Huffing, she flew to the tower where the Goddess was heading.

@Sark
Despite her best efforts, the rapid current had long since taken the God of War. There was no trace of Ares, neither above nor below the waves.

"Naturally," Zamasu raised shrugged. "I'll round up the rest of these... creatures and send them on their way. I'll join you when the time comes. Oh, and try not to die in the mean time. Not before the Goddess falls, at least. That would be... unfortunate for all parties."

In a flash of white, Zamasu soared down towards the final congregation of mortals.

@Takumi
HABIT’s gun wasn’t his only weapon.

He also has a machete, one also imbued with the same powers that was imbued in the .

He took it out and walked towards The Goddess with a malicious grin on his face. He didn’t care about Poseidon dying, but he knows he can’t die to some stupid monster mauling him.

“That goody two-shoes fuck isn’t the only one who can kill a god.”

In a flash of purple, HABIT teleported behind The Goddess and slashed her back.

In another flash, he did the same, but on her side.

HABIT began to teleport around The Goddess, slashing her like it was nobody’s business. All The Goddess could see was purple.

A slash, then another, then another.

All too fast for anyone to comprehend or handle.

@Sark
HABIT's first slash was dodged with a sway to the left. The Goddess rolled her wrists and extended her fingers for some extra flavor. It was almost as if she was... dancing?
The Goddess rolled her torso back to doge his second slash. An emerald after imagine-flickered where she once had stood. She swung his arms back extravagantly until the were brushing against the marble tiles. Her body continued to weave around HABIT's frantic slashes. His rapid strikes did little more than fray the edges of her toga. With an invisible strike, the Goddess reached out and caught the Demon-Child's throat, foreseeing the destination of his next teleportation. She gripped it tightly for a moment. A blanket of emerald flames countered HABIT's teleportation skill. She squeezed his fragile neck.

"HABIT, HABIT, HABIT..." The Goddess cooed. "You have chosen poorly..."

She tossed HABIT like a rag doll over the edge of the balcony, straight into Mila's path.

"Shame you won't be have the chance to live with the consequences of your actions!"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Crunch @Minerva

Despite her best efforts, the rapid current had long since taken the God of War. There was no trace of Ares, neither above nor below the waves.

"Naturally," Zamasu raised shrugged. "I'll round up the rest of these... creatures and send them on their way. I'll join you when the time comes. Oh, and try not to die in the mean time. Not before the Goddess falls, at least. That would be... unfortunate for all parties."

In a flash of white, Zamasu soared down towards the final congregation of mortals.

@Takumi

HABIT's first slash was dodged with a sway to the left. The Goddess rolled her wrists and extended her fingers for some extra flavor. It was almost as if she was... dancing?
The Goddess rolled her torso back to doge his second slash. An emerald after imagine-flickered where she once had stood. She swung his arms back extravagantly until the were brushing against the marble tiles. Her body continued to weave around HABIT's frantic slashes. His rapid strikes did little more than fray the edges of her toga. With an invisible strike, the Goddess reached out and caught the Demon-Child's throat, foreseeing the destination of his next teleportation. She gripped it tightly for a moment. A blanket of emerald flames countered HABIT's teleportation skill. She squeezed his fragile neck.

She tossed HABIT like a rag doll over the edge of the balcony, straight into Mila's path.

"Shame you won't be have the chance to live with the consequences of your actions!"

Huffing towards Zamasu, she resisted the urge to roll her eyes, before glancing down at the waves below. It was a shame, Ares was alright for a war god. He almost reminded her of Duma, before...

No, no. There was no need to dwell on the past. Seeing HABIT be thrown in her path, Mila swooped, attempting to grab HABIT as he was thrown, and helped place him back onto the balcony.

BOOM!

A arch of lightning headed straight for the Goddess' beast from Mila's maw, before the dragon herself attempted to send one to the Goddess herself before charging with a burst from her wings to slam into the Goddess herself to push her away from the portal. If unsuccessful, she'd land with a heavy thud near Billy with a snarl as she faced the Goddess.

"Do you live with the consequences of your actions, oh great Goddess? Hm? Do you even think about the things you've done and reflect on them? Or are you too busy thinking you're any better than us old gods to see your own flaws, child?" She growled with a hint of sarcasm as her tail flicked behind her.

@Sark @Lucky @Crunch @Jeremi @Capri @Everyone

Last edited:

@Takumi

The Goddess heard an audible Brian from one of the gathered Gods. "Even now the poor baby is in the middle of one her temper tantrum. Only because she can't get true love." If Atlantiades were scared of the threat in front of them they sure didn't show it. "You curse the Old Gods for their silence yet what are you? You see yourself beyond us yet even now. You're just a God like the rest of us."

JfMqiSY.png

"This, my fellow Gods is what happens when you don't get regular hugs and positivity from an early age. Oh, Goddess...how I pity you."
The others could right, but Atlantiades would toss some barbed words the Goddess way to see what made her tick.​

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Crunch @Minerva @Sark

Last edited:
When Mila placed HABIT back on the balcony, he smiled, as he always does.

“You know... I think I know the reason I’m not with you. It’s because you think you’re soooo god-damn superior to everyone else, that you don’t realize that there are definitely some guys who are way more powerful than you.”

HABIT slowly approached The Goddess, with his more lighthearted tone subsiding to a deathly serious one. His voice gains an almost ethereal, bass-like quality to it. It sounds like multiple people speaking at once.

“There are demons out there that would eat you for breakfast, worlds where you are nothing more than a miniscule flea on the back of a large, hulking dog. Do you seriously think that there aren’t beings above gods? Do you think you’re untouchable? Because, honey, you aren’t. You’re just another maniacal god in a room filled with maniacal gods.”

@Sark @Takumi @EveryoneElse​

Huffing towards Zamasu, she resisted the urge to roll her eyes, before glancing down at the waves below. It was a shame, Ares was alright for a war god. He almost reminded her of Duma, before...

No, no. There was no need to dwell on the past. Seeing HABIT be thrown in her path, Mila swooped, attempting to grab HABIT as he was thrown, and helped place him back onto the balcony.

BOOM!

A arch of lightning headed straight for the Goddess' beast from Mila's maw, before the dragon herself attempted to send one to the Goddess herself before charging with a burst from her wings to slam into the Goddess herself to push her away from the portal. If unsuccessful, she'd land with a heavy thud near Billy with a snarl as she faced the Goddess.

"Do you live with the consequences of your actions, oh great Goddess? Hm? Do you even think about the things you've done and reflect on them? Or are you too busy thinking you're any better than us old gods to see your own flaws, child?" She growled with a hint of sarcasm as her tail flicked behind her.

@Sark @Lucky @Crunch @Jeremi @Capri @Everyone
The Goddess raised her had to greet Mila's blast. The crackling beam that had felled the Hydra sparked and sparkled against her finger tips. She parted the blast with a thought. The divided beam cracked the marble at her feet, but did little to shake the Queen of Fire. With a whistle, the Goddess' beasts leaped to action. As Mila charged towards the portals, the Demonic Beast's clay skull came crashing into her neck. The Demonic Beast shook of the wave of thunder like a wet dog. Snarling, it slowly crept towards Mila.

"I doubt you could comprehend the things I've seen, child. The things I've done--" She hummed, her eyes glassy and cold. "--They'll haunt me for eternity. The price for salvation is high, but if fate demanded it... I'd do pay it again in a heartbeat. If I must blacken my heart and taint my soul for the good of my people- for the good of creation- so be it! I will make that sacrifice!"

@Takumi
The Goddess heard an audible Brian from one of the gathered Gods. "Even now the poor baby is in the middle of one her temper tantrum. Only because she can't get true love." If Atlantiades were scared of the threat in front of them they sure didn't show it. "You curse the Old Gods for their silence yet what are you? You see yourself beyond us yet even now. You're just a God like the rest of us."

"This, my fellow Gods is what happens when you don't get regular hugs and positivity from an early age. Oh, Goddess...how I pity you."
The others could right, but Atlantiades would toss some barbed words the Goddess way to see what made her tick.
"There was a time when I would have given everything for love. But that time is dead. Dead and buried." The Goddess raised her hand. Atlantiades would feel a tightening in their chest. The Goddess closed her fingers, squeezing their heart. "Those I loved defied me. Betrayed me. They took the gifts I gave them and sharpened them into weapons. In doing so, they taught me a valuable lesson--" The Goddess drew her fist inwards. The invisible force that held Atlantiades' heart dragged her across the chamber towards the Warrior-Empress. "Love is weakness. Love is bias. Love is the enemy of objective justice. To opens one's heart is mutilate oneself. Tell me, God of Weakness and Folly, will pity save you now? Will love shatter your chains? Will hugs and positivity save your soul?" The Goddess' grip grew tighter. "I thought not. I am beyond the Gods now, Atlantiades. I am Justice and Judgement given form. I am Balance and Order. That mortal title, 'Goddess'. It doesn't begin to describe what I have become. It doesn't capture what I am becoming. Call me Everything. Call be Absolute. Call me Power and Glory. Call me Wrath and Order. Beg to me. Pray to me. Earn my favor, my limited mercy. Perhaps then your death might me postponed, or, better yet, made swifter!"

@Jeremi
When Mila placed HABIT back on the balcony, he smiled, as he always does.

“You know... I think I know the reason I’m not with you. It’s because you think you’re soooo god-damn superior to everyone else, that you don’t realize that there are definitely some guys who are way more powerful than you.”

HABIT slowly approached The Goddess, with his more lighthearted tone subsiding to a deathly serious one. His voice gains an almost ethereal, bass-like quality to it. It sounds like multiple people speaking at once.

“There are demons out there that would eat you for breakfast, worlds where you are nothing more than a miniscule flea on the back of a large, hulking dog. Do you seriously think that there aren’t beings above gods? Do you think you’re untouchable? Because, honey, you aren’t. You’re just another maniacal god in a room filled with maniacal gods.”

@Sark @Takumi @EveryoneElse
The Goddess laughed again. She made not attempted to stifle it. She threw her head back and reveled in it.

"If I am a flea, boy, what does that make you? Amoeba? Bacteria?" The Goddess raised her free hand. On her command, a plague of fleas and insects rose from the cracks in the marble. The insects swarmed HABIT. They charged forth in brown-orange waves. The tick, vast horde washed over HABIT. The Creatures blotted out the even the flashes of fire that still burned the skies. "No. We are far beyond such things. Perhaps your powers were considerable among petty mortals. But you're in a whole new world now. A different league." The wave of insects began biting away at his exposed skin. Soon, his whole body was a mess of tiny, emerald bit marks. An ungodly, poison was pumped into his veins. "The Demons Mortals once feared have been crushed beneath my heel. The False-Gods they once turned to? I hunted them until their strength became my own. There are creatures above the Old Gods, little flea. My actions today have proven that. I have slayed your brothers in arms. Their heads shall be mounted upon my walls soon enough. These creatures beyond gods of which speak? You're looking at one. I am beyond even the beyond! I am the Warrior-Empress, and I am Absolute!"

With a cry, the Goddess called forth a bolt of Emerald Thunder. The Tower's roof shattered like glass. A wave of numbing rain washed across the hall. The roar of the wind grew louder. In the distances, towers were being torn from the earth. Their crumbling bricks were added to mass of the growing hurricane. Soon, the base Poseidon's towers itself began to crumble. The building floated at the heart of the raging, screaming storm.

"I AM ABSOLUTE!"

@Capri

The Goddess raised her had to greet Mila's blast. The crackling beam that had felled the Hydra sparked and sparkled against her finger tips. She parted the blast with a thought. The divided beam cracked the marble at her feet, but did little to shake the Queen of Fire. With a whistle, the Goddess' beasts leaped to action. As Mila charged towards the portals, the Demonic Beast's clay skull came crashing into her neck. The Demonic Beast shook of the wave of thunder like a wet dog. Snarling, it slowly crept towards Mila.

"I doubt you could comprehend the things I've seen, child. The things I've done--" She hummed, her eyes glassy and cold. "--They'll haunt me for eternity. The price for salvation is high, but if fate demanded it... I'd do pay it again in a heartbeat. If I must blacken my heart and taint my soul for the good of my people- for the good of creation- so be it! I will make that sacrifice!"

@Takumi

"There was a time when I would have given everything for love. But that time is dead. Dead and buried." The Goddess raised her hand. Atlantiades would feel a tightening in their chest. The Goddess closed her fingers, squeezing their heart. "Those I loved defied me. Betrayed me. They took the gifts I gave them and sharpened them into weapons. In doing so, they taught me a valuable lesson--" The Goddess drew her fist inwards. The invisible force that held Atlantiades' heart dragged her across the chamber towards the Warrior-Empress. "Love is weakness. Love is bias. Love is the enemy of objective justice. To opens one's heart is mutilate oneself. Tell me, God of Weakness and Folly, will pity save you now? Will love shatter your chains? Will hugs and positivity save your soul?" The Goddess' grip grew tighter. "I thought not. I am beyond the Gods now, Atlantiades. I am Justice and Judgement given form. I am Balance and Order. That mortal title, 'Goddess'. It doesn't begin to describe what I have become. It doesn't capture what I am becoming. Call me Everything. Call be Absolute. Call me Power and Glory. Call me Wrath and Order. Beg to me. Pray to me. Earn my favor, my limited mercy. Perhaps then your death might me postponed, or, better yet, made swifter!"

@Jeremi

The Goddess laughed again. She made not attempted to stifle it. She threw her head back and reveled in it.

"If I am a flea, boy, what does that make you? Amoeba? Bacteria?" The Goddess raised her free hand. On her command, a plague of fleas and insects rose from the cracks in the marble. The insects swarmed HABIT. They charged forth in brown-orange waves. The tick, vast horde washed over HABIT. The Creatures blotted out the even the flashes of fire that still burned the skies. "No. We are far beyond such things. Perhaps your powers were considerable among petty mortals. But you're in a whole new world now. A different league." The wave of insects began biting away at his exposed skin. Soon, his whole body was a mess of tiny, emerald bit marks. An ungodly, poison was pumped into his veins. "The Demons Mortals once feared have been crushed beneath my heel. The False-Gods they once turned to? I hunted them until their strength became my own. There are creatures above the Old Gods, little flea. My actions today have proven that. I have slayed your brothers in arms. Their heads shall be mounted upon my walls soon enough. These creatures beyond gods of which speak? You're looking at one. I am beyond even the beyond! I am the Warrior-Empress, and I am Absolute!"

With a cry, the Goddess called forth a bolt of Emerald Thunder. The Tower's roof shattered like glass. A wave of numbing rain washed across the hall. The roar of the wind grew louder. In the distances, towers were being torn from the earth. Their crumbling bricks were added to mass of the growing hurricane. Soon, the base Poseidon's towers itself began to crumble. The building floated at the heart of the raging, screaming storm.

"I AM ABSOLUTE!"

@Capri

"Then...if you are absolute...nor care about love," Atlantiades grunted as they struggled to get free of the Goddess's powers. "Why surround yourself with followers? Why not do it yourself?" They were walking on very thin ice, but badmouthing the insane woman was the only thing Atlantiades had right now. "Even now...you seek validation of the ones you consider beneath you. Love...is the only thing you are seeking, but your ugly soul denies you the pleasure."

@Sark

@Takumi

@Jeremi

"I AM ABSOLUTE!"

@Capri

"Then you must understand that for the good of my own people, I must make sure that one of these days your head will be seperated from your body." Mila growled deep in her chest with wide bright eyes.

Mila's lip curled, smoke drifting from her teeth and nostrils as she looked to the Goddess and her beast. Snarling back in warning, she charged at the beast and snapped her jaws at it, attempting to tear into it's jugular and claw into it's clay hide with her claws before attempting to burn it with her flame breath.

@Sark

"Then you must understand that for the good of my own people, I must make sure that one of these days your head will be seperated from your body." Mila growled deep in her chest with wide bright eyes.

Mila's lip curled, smoke drifting from her teeth and nostrils as she looked to the Goddess and her beast. Snarling back in warning, she charged at the beast and snapped her jaws at it, attempting to tear into it's jugular and claw into it's clay hide with her claws before attempting to burn it with her flame breath.

@Sark
"Then...if you are absolute...nor care about love," Atlantiades grunted as they struggled to get free of the Goddess's powers. "Why surround yourself with followers? Why not do it yourself?" They were walking on very thin ice, but badmouthing the insane woman was the only thing Atlantiades had right now. "Even now...you seek validation of the ones you consider beneath you. Love...is the only thing you are seeking, but your ugly soul denies you the pleasure."

@Sark
Mila's claws tore through the flesh of the final Demonic Beast as if it had been made of butter. With a screech, the bloodied and burned creature was tossed across the room. The Goddess watched calmly as its gurgling body rolled across the marble before coming to a sudden stop at the base of a nearby pillar.

The Goddess approached her fallen beast as it groaned its final breath. It lay silent and still. It's lifeless body barely flinched as the rain pounded upon its wounds. The Mother-Queen knelt by its side and gently touched its wound.

"My Blessed Beast..." She sung. "So pure and so simple... return to me..."

The Blessed Beast's eyes peeled open. The creature clambered to its feet as if nothing had happened. It delicately nuzzled its mistress' shoulder, releasing calm, metronome breaths as it rested. The Goddess stroked its cheek and brushed aside the last flicks of clay. She smiled and planted a soft, sweet kiss upon its forehead.

An emerald light burned in the creature's eyes.

"It's okay, precious..." The Mother-Queen coddled as she slowly stepped away from her pet. "The mean dragon won't be hurting you any more... she wound be hurting anybody every again, okay?"

Her eyes met Mila. Her demeanor changed completely.

"Idol of the Harvest!" She boomed. "This transgression shall not be forgiven!"

The Goddess raised her hand towards the heavens. The shattered shards of the fallen Savages, Angels and Dragons began to rise up from beneath the waves. They ravaged the city like a horde of locus flies before pooling above the Goddess. She clicked her fingers. The emerald could grew more orderly. She rose above the waves. She soared above the towers. With a mental command, she guided the shimmering shards to form an colossal, emerald cleaver. The weapon stretched high above the clouds. The weapons tip vanished in the flashing lighting.

"Your age is at an end, Old Gods!!" Her voice crackled like thunder. She released her hold over Atlantiades. "Your twilight has come!" The Goddess swung her sword from one shoulder to the other. Her great blade carved a clean wound through the heart of the tower. The chamber's two great halves slowly started to drift apart. "Your presume to know my heart! You presume to know what I'm looking for!" She laughed. "You're wrong! You cannot begin to comprehend what it is I'm searching for! You cannot begin to comprehend what it is I'm looking for!"

The Goddess swung her blade again. The tower was cut cleanly into quarters. The four parts began to drift further and further apart. The tower was coming apart at the Old God's feet.

"But you won't have to worry for much longer. You won't have to question or ponder..." The Goddess turned her blade over in her hands. She aimed its point down towards the earth. The raised her hands a little and prepared to plunger. "In fact... you won't be doing anything ever again..."

[BOOOM]

The air team rushed the Goddess. A thousand explosions burned the skies around her. She barely flinched. She slowly raised her blade again, her temper slipping.

"GNATS!!!" She screeched. "GNATS!!"

She swung her sword again. She cut a whole in the Old Gods' forces. In the wake of her blade, a white light lingered. With a swing of her great weapon, she had carved a hole in reality. 'Existence' rushed to fill the void she had created.

Behind the Old Gods, the Portal began to hum. It's radiant light grew brighter by the second. A handful of figures emerged from its glow.

Zamasu landed upon the edge of the tower. He joined his hands behind his back and puffed out his chest. As he approached the shimmering gateway, a handful of flying gods rushed to reinforce the tower.

"Reinforcements, at long last."

"Reinforcements?" One of the figures muttered. "Try refugees. We just lost Valhalla."

"Lost?" The Kai snapped. "How did you lose Valhalla?"

"The Goddess. She tore threw our defenses. She folded our realm in two! We're the only ones who escaped."

The Supreme Kai cursed an old, lost curse.

"Then we have nowhere left to run."

"You mean...?"

"The Goddess has defied the laws of nature... the laws of the divine... the laws of reality... She's appeared in two places at once. Valhalla and Atlantis. She's ravaged them both and barely broken a sweat... even now she toys with us..."

"I never thought I'd see the day..." Another figure emerged from the portal. "...that the Great and Powerful Zamasu acknowledged a power greater than himself. You're really going to take this on your back?"

"Trust a Saiyan to suggest we go down in a blaze of Glory."

"Trust a God to complain about a problem instead of solving it. You dragged me into this mess all those years ago, Zamas. You owe me. Take the refugees. Find somewhere to hide. Keep them alive."

"No!" The Kai growled. "I am the Supreme Kai! I shan't throw my life away in the name of some... some wounded mortal dogs! I owe you nothing!"

"If you don't have a choice, Zamasu. I don't like the idea of leaving these lives in your hands any more than you do. If these people die? Valhalla? Atlantis? They die with them. We're out of options. The Goddess' is at War with the Gods. If a couple of mortals slip through the cracks, she won't loose any sleep. Come back when they're safe."

"And what will you being doing, Mortal? What would you being doing whilst a God runs errands for you??"

"Me? I've got a Suicide Mission to complete. I'm sure the Goddess can't wait for our reunion. Killing a Fallen Angel? It'll keep her distracted. It'll buy you all some time. I'll put on such a show the other Goddess will see it in the Norse Realms."

The Scarred Saiyan opened the dam and let his power flow. He edge of his torn gi fluttered over the edge of his torn gi.

main-qimg-8f8a5ad1429386ec963fed6b1444d855

"Now stop arguing and go! Get out of here!"

Zamasu bared his teeth and growled as Gohan took to the skies.

"Bastard...." He turned back to face the Old Gods. "You deal with this!" He spat. In a flash of white, he soared in his wake.

A choice remained. Protect the refugees and flee, or die fighting the Goddess?

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Crunch @Capri @Lucky

Back