The Goddess' Staff.

"Did you ask it to?" Silvan asked Dominic, he was half sarcastic and half serious wondering if it would actually take orders. He sat down in the tent and touched the tent, it feels just like the ship, all weird

"Hah! Ask it to. How stupid do you think I am?" Dominic really didn't see how Silvan could have come up with such an idea. Since when did foreign devices take commands from an alternate race? "Just watch how well your idea works." Sitting back on his heels and straining against the grip the thing had on his arm he issued the command, "Release me." Almost instantly it let go of his arm and a deep red spread across his cheeks. "That was embarrassing."

"Victory to me." Silvan smiled at him for a couple of seconds in intellectual victory, he looked back at the alien for a moment and at the staff, it did what it was told to do and that's good. He reached out curiously and a small piece of it wrapped around his gloves, becoming his gloves in an instant. "Well, it's very comfortable." he said, relaxing just a bit, nod minding the new nanotech gloves.

"I don't know what good this stuff is if it obeys anyone that talks to it." Grumbling he rubbed at his arm. He hated things that constricted it and especially when it pressed tightly into the arms where the spikes would come out. He liked wearing long sleeves to hide the marks on his skin that indicated the openings, but tight stuff on that area was uncomfortable to say the least. "So I guess we just wait and then we go on the run after these guys give up looking for us."

The alien nodded and looked out of the the tent for a moment, yep, people were still looking for both of them. She relaxed for a bit and then the alien looked back at the two of them for a couple of seconds. "Oh, they'll keep searching for you, as long as that thing remains near you or on you." she said to both of them, them then took out a Rubik's Cube to pass the time. She then began to attempt to solve such a device.

"Oh good then I'll just leave you two with it." Dominic still had his little jar and that would be good enough. Glancing at the woman he started to chuckle. "You know it has a pattern and after you figure it out the cube is pretty easy to solve. Doesn't take a genius to do it. Contrary to popular belief, but it is a fact."

The cube just happened to be melting from her hands, she sighed a bit as it slowly burned from her gentle grasp. No one could see her smile or frown through the suit but she was indeed frowning from breaking the simple game. The alien placed it down and sighed just for a bit. "You can go. but you still have bits of the staff on you so they might still hunt you down."

"And how would you figure I've got bits of the staff on me?" Defensively he responded to the alien. Dominic was already tired of being here with the other two. "What we need to do is get out of here and get back to the outer system. I don't need to sit here any longer than necessary." His assignment was over now that he had some intelligence on a species with some technology that they wanted and it was readily invading the earth and its system. That was all they needed to know when they came here to take over.

The staff reattached itself on his arm casually, not very tightly of course but with enough force to be bothersome, very bothersome. It restarted it's scanning to properly adjust itself to it's new host. "Well, its back on you now." the alien responded rather quickly, the cube completely melted in her arms like it was just water and parts of it actually began to burn a little. "Listen the staff has the desire to return to it's owner, and it will bond with whoever it believes can help it. So even if you tell it to get off, it will find itself in your presence, forger." she replied while the staff shrunk into smaller bracelets.

Dominic started to jump and shove at the thing reattaching itself to him. He hated that it seemed to think he was the one to get it back to the owner. "No, I don't want it. I just want to replicate the technology and that's it." Giving the other alien a pleading look he somewhat hoped that somehow they had the power to release the thing from him. Maybe if it knew his intent it wouldn't want him. However, the Quotions were more than able to defend their own. They were strong, fast, and difficult to kill. Mostly they made fantastic warriors.

"That's rude, attempting to replicate some else's hard work and you wouldn't even attempt to return it to the owner? What's wrong you with you?" Silvan said to Dominic, " I so happen to like these little guys." He then said to himself, referring to bit of the staff that acted like gloves, it actually suited him a lot to be honest.

The alien shrugged for a moment and attempted to cool itself so basic plastic wouldn't melt from it's armor, though it was unlikely it would be able to achieve that. "I'm not the owner, so I can't tell the staff who it need to choose." The alien responded to him, she then fell silent for a moment, listening out for anything.

Dominic felt like he was temporarily being turned into the bad guy and he grumbled. "Rude, who ever said that you had to polite to be smart? This kind of technology can't be monopolized by one race." It was dangerous for any one race to have the power to control others. "I'll take care of this stuff alright, but I don't think we ought to return it without some kind of deal to make sure we get the technology we need too."

With a sigh he peered at the edge of the tent. "If this thing would let me deploy the spikes I could remove the threat and we could be on our way. Kinda anxious to get this back to the owner so I can make a deal and get it off me."

"It's not that one race actually bothers people with it, no one at least no one in your inferior race that is has even see the creator for at least over 250, ooo years, or any of her species. Based on this planet's calendar of course." the alien said to Dominic, it took a deep breath taking up a large breath of air, particularly hydrogen and nitrogen into the suit. She was pretty firm with that.

" Ask the thing to deploy spikes, I'm sure it can." Silvan said, he tried to bit into his gloves for a bit, it was oddly soft for some odd reason.

"Inferior race?" Huffing the words Dominic stared at the other alien. "You talk about inferior when you have to wear a suit to protect yourself." Grumbling a little he whispered to the thing. "Deploy spine." A set of spikes came out and he stepped out of the tent flap to be faced with several agents that were already after him. Dominic brought an arm up and slashed the first man and began working his way through the huddle of agents that quickly began to scatter to get away from him.

"It's more to protect other people then to protect myself." she responded and took out another cube, this one was more resistant to heat so she can solve it before actually melting the object. Silvan took a moment to look out of the tent, the agents that weren't human appeared to be mechanical, droids or drones of some kind quite interesting. Yet they seemed to maintain a strict position as if there was something important they needed to keep safe

When Dominic finished up his first round on the creatures he started to work his way back toward the tent. One of the creatures kicked viciously at his knees and Dominic threw himself on it and sliced with his spiney protrusions as fast as he could. Another creature started to punch at his back and Dominic growled loudly before he rolled off his victim and kicked and sliced savagely at the next attacker.

Silvan made sure to record what he saw, everything seemed so interesting to him, like a brand new experience just waiting to be fully understood. He yawned a bit and punched a random droid, his gloved seemed to have provided most of the force that bended the steel. The alien watched a bit curiousely, observing a particular trail while her armor deflected any laser blasts

When the space was clear of the other aliens Dominic growled to the others. "We might as well start looking for whoever it was that created this staff thing." He didn't really want to take it back, but there was apparently very little choice and his travelling companions were going to be making it difficult to do anything besides what this little machine or creation wanted him to do. "So anyone know where to find them?"

Silvan looked around, he casually pushed Dominic away from an incoming laser blast then began to look around for a while. He yawned a bit then looked up to the sky, just to see if there's anything interesting. "Wanna ask it again?" Silvan asked him instantly, "Or so you want me to? I'm sure it likes me better." He added, quite quickly actually and also slightly teasing in a way.

There had been enough fighting and ruining of his day for Dominic to just be done. Silvan however, seemed to just be getting started. "Sure you ask it and see what happens." He didn't care and he was tired. "Just watch it decide to take us for a ride. Gonna turn into a big ship and then..." What was he talking about? It was all gibberish anyway.

Back