Ghirahim's eyes widened when he saw them and he stood on his feet quickly. Rubbing his eyes, he sniffled and then jumped up, clinging to her tightly! He nuzzled her before glaring to the man, releasing a hiss. "Who are you?!" He wrinkled his nose and growled, extending his arm out and swiping at him. Poor moody Ghirahim, acting just like an angry cat.

"Jeez, kid. Is that a way to treat a guest? Especially one who's of similar blood as you?" Dante exclaimed, leaning his head closer to him. "So this is who you were protecting? A demon child?" He responded with a confused tone of voice. "He doesn't seem to be very strong or special from appearance. Although no wonder I felt some hatred from him."

Malia sighs a little and shakes her head. "Be nice now." She scolded and then looked to Dante. "Yes he is under my protection. " she hops over to a place on the floor and sits down.

"Right now I need no fighting from anyone in here. Dante is a guest, treat him as such." She says to the little one before looking to her knee. The fabric of her pants was tangled into the mangled joint. The pain she was in was terrible and she had paled from it. She could only ignore such pain for so long. The healing process is going to be much worse on her.

He frowned, ear lowering and going silent. When he noticed her gaze he looked down as well and gasped. Quickly, he jumped down. "You're hurt!" He scrambled to the bandages and looked up at the guest.
"If you're a guest why don't you help her instead of standing there!" He threw the bandage at him. "You should have carried her here, not let her walk! Idiot!" He continued to growl, fangs exposed quite angrily. "Carry her to the couch!!!"

This caused Dante to get a bit enraged at that. "And perhaps you should not be speaking so rudely to the Second Son of Sparda, kid. I'm also a Demon Hunter, a professional one at that." He exclaimed, revealing his demon side. He of course did what was asked due to being a gentleman, taking the bandage and approaching the woman. "Alright lady. Let's get you relaxed. Then me and this little kid here need to have a talk about respect. He's lucky I'm not here to silence him."

She grimaced a little as she carefully began to remove the fabric from the joint. She glances to them both. "Enough from you both. There will be no fighting in this house. Ghirahim ,do you understand me? " then she looks to Dante. "The same goes for you. I do not care who' son you are. In my home you will respect my rules. I may not be able to walk right now and may be in terrible pain but I will smack you both upside the head if you don't knock it off. " Her patiene was gone at this point as she was doing all she could to remain conscious at the moment.

Ghirahim's snarl faded into a frown."I'm sorry master. . ." He looked down, walking over to her. Crawling up on the couch he went silent, sitting by her side. A worried look plastered on his face and he cringed at the sight of the wound. "I'll be good. . .please get better. . ."

Dante merely stood back against a wall, arms crossed as he watched the two. "(This woman's fiesty. Reminds me a bit of Trish. As for this demon kid? Get's aggressive way too quickly. Could be a problem but at the same time, if they learned restraint, they could potentially be a good demon for once.)" He exclaimed to himself, his thought pattern visibly apparent.

"So. Demon kid. You got a name?"

She smiles gently to the little one. "I will be fine. Once I regain some energy I will be able to heal this and be good as new." She says softly to him.

She glances to Dante a moment before focusing her attention back to her leg. It was a long process but she managed to remove all of the fabric of her pants from her knee.

"Can you get me the warm water and rags. Need to clean the area until it heals." She says softly.

Ghirahim quickly got back to his feet, scrambling to the hot pot of water he had with him by the door. "My name is Ghirahim. . . . . .sir." He picked it up and totted it to her carefully, then dipped a rag in it, holding it up. "I'm not going to be punished, am I?" he asked, the small threat of being smacked, actually quite frightening him. "I'll be good. . .I really will. . ." Tears welled up. Even the smallest threat from his previous master meant major pain later.

"Ghirahim... Hmm. Why does that name sound familiar?" He pondered to himself, finger on his chin. "Relax kiddo. Unless you give me reason to, I won't lay a finger on you. And besides, this woman clearly has some strength to her. I'm not here to cause a scene, merely observation. Which is incredibly dull and boring, but hopefully something interesting happens."

Malia accepted the rag from Ghirahim and began to clean the mangled joint. The bleeding had stopped at least. She shakes her head to the boy. "I will not punish you." She says softly then looks to Dante. "Boring? Would you like to be the one laying here with a crushed joint? I can assure you it is anything but boring." She says. Once she cleaned up the wound, she leaned back a little and sighs quietly.

"That is the third shadow I've dealt with in a week. It is unlike them. It's not usual behavior."

"Third shadow? That's a small wave. If you're expecting to be safe after a third encounter, you must not clearly know the nature of most shadows and demons. You'll most likely have more unwanted guests. And it just so happens that I happen to have slain many demons, including very high ranking ones."

"No one wants to hear your bragging." said Ghirahim giving a glare. He crawled back on the couch and stood, hugging Malia's head, petting it gently as if it'd help."My master is smarter than anyone! Don't say such things to her! She'll kick your ass if she wants too!" He continued to pet her, rather enjoying the soft feeling of her rosy hair.

Malia found herself sighing again. "Easy little one." She murmurs softly to him. Then she looks to Dante. "I am fully aware that more will most likely come. Though I want to know why. They don't usually do such things on their own." She closes her eyes a moment.

She felt so exhausted and the pain was still pulling at her. "The barrier will keep everything out." She looks to Dante. "Do you know of any demon lords, warlocks or such in this area that could control such creatures?"

"From what I witnessed briefly of that shadow that attacked you? That one appeared to be a independent spawn. As for demon lords / warlocks? There aren't any around here, but some are aware of this kiddo's presence. And let's just say, they are not happy about a un-monitored demon, explains my reputation among them as a Demon Hunter. But for direct information? You may have more unwanted guests getting more and more difficult to handle."

"What do you mean? They have a problem with me?" He glared. "I'll kill them! And I'll protect my master until the end so I'm not leaving!"
Having rested a moment he had enough energy to summon up a dagger, then another.
"I'm not afraid! And if you try to hurt either of us I'll kill /you/!!!"

Malia places a hand on Ghirahim's shoulder. "Enough. He is not threatening you or me." She looks to Dante. "He is not unmonitored though and was not always a child. He was once an adult. Something happened that caused this. I am his master though."

"He used to be an adult? Now that definitely raises some questions. Hmm... And you say three shadows attacked you already? This is definitely concerning. I'll have to physically meet the next shadow before I can determine what the best course of action is." He exclaimed, now turning towards Ghirahim. "Listen, kiddo. That kind of attitude will not get you anywhere pleasant, especially if you plan on interacting with fellow demons. I advise you listen to your master here on the ways of respect."

"Enough!" He summoned up more daggers. "You're simply irritating me further with every smart remark! My master is safe home now and you may leave!!!" He sent out a dagger, not aiming for him but rather next to his feet, thinking of it as a warning. "Be gone! Go away!" Some 'used to be' adult, huh? This was quite a childish tantrum. Another dagger, a bit closer. "Get out!"

Back