Ancient Forest (1X1)

The chief was waiting for them at the edge of the village. His face from. He nods to them. "Come we were expecting you. One of the elders had a vision."

(Hey, can you take over the elder and do the deal on the dreams because I have no idea what to do about the dreams.)

"A vision?" This made Orange a little worried, but he followed the chief as he and Sarah were led to the aforementioned elder.

The elder looked up as they approached, seeming happy to see that the chief had brought the girl and the demon. He nodded a quick thanks to the chief before starting to approach the demon. "Your brother has recently been having strange dreams, yes?"

"Y-Yes. He keeps saying something about a doll maker, claims it's like our origin story."

The elder gave a soft smile and nodded. "He may be right. After he paid the village a visit not too long ago, I started to have visions of you and your brothers before we had to be separated due to your lack of sustenance. You probably don't remember that, though... In a way, I'd say this is almost like your brother getting his memories back. And he has good reason to want to share this with you."

"So.. he was right about all of that stuff? The doll maker and how he created us?"

"Yes. And if I have my facts straight, he guided you in secret for a bit during your first few years in our world. I suppose that's where your old feeding 'habits' came from."

"Whoa..." Orange was mostly speechless hearing all of this. The elder simply chuckled and walked away, leaving the demon in some shock. But it didn't seem the elder was leaving without purpose.

(Does this work?)

(Perfect lol I was struggling to come up with something lol)

Sarah had listened carefully to what the elder had said. It was surprising information. So the brothers had spent time with the villagers in the past?

Maybe he would keep getting the memories back? Was it a good thing? She wondered.

She blinks a bit as the elder left, wondering what the male was up to.

Orange seemed a little worried when the elder left, but soon enough the elder returned with something in his hands. "I would suggest you give this to your brother. For better or worse, it may help him through the confusion somehow. If not that, perhaps it'll just make him a bit happier." He handed Orange a cloth doll that looked exactly like Red, again leaving Orange speechless.

But soon enough Orange smiled and thanked the elder, for both the information and the doll. As the elder sent Sarah and the demon on their back to the ruins, Orange seemed much more relaxed about the whole situation.

Her eyes widen a bit as the elder returned with the doll. She looks to Orange curiously. It was not hard to see the change in him and it helped her to relax a bit as well.

She smiles a bit as they headed back to the ruins.

As they finally approached Sarah's hut, where it seemed Purple and Red had stayed even after the older brother woke up, they could see what looked like Purple attempting to keep Red calm. It took them a moment to notice that the other two were there, but once they did Red perked up immediately. "Where were you two?!"

Orange stepped inside the hut, looking a little embarrassed. "Well, we were trying to find answers about these dreams that you've been having, but we had a bit of a setback at first."

"What kind of setback?" Red seemed concerned about this, but Orange quickly tried to blow it off.

"Well, we made it out of there so it shouldn't matter, right? Anyway, we ended up going to the village and talking to one of the elders, and he gave us this, said to give it to you." With that, he held out the doll.

Red was a bit startled at first, but he took the doll and looked it over, his eyes soon lighting up. "This... is the exact same doll I've seen in my dreams. So the doll maker must be real!"

Orange couldn't help but laugh at this reaction. "Happy to help..."

Sarah managed to smile. She was glad it helped Red a bit. She didn't like that they had worried him. Moving into the hut, she sits down.

The doll meant it was real, that the puppet master was real. Then who was the other guy? It was confusing.

She reaches for her bag of herbs. She needed to treat her ankle. It was very uncomfortable at the moment.

The demons made space for her, Purple even left. The brothers talked for a few minutes, Orange seemed to trying to avoid the fact that they were trapped in the library. After those few minutes, Orange left as well, leaving only Red and Sarah in the hut. Red stayed silent, turning the doll over and over in his hands, fascinated with it. The exact same doll as in his dream... either someone had taken a really lucky guess, had some awesome perception, or the doll maker really did exist. For the most part, he was hoping it was the third option.

After Sarah had treated her ankle and managed to lay down a little, she looked to Red. She watched him a moment.

"Does it help?" She asks curiously.

"It's... certainly interesting. I'm really hoping this does mean the doll maker is real, cause if he's like a guide or something, I could really use some guidance right now."

"Maybe.. but I've only ever seen him in my dreams. I don't even know where he resides, or where to start looking." He wouldn't take his eyes off the doll as he spoke, examining every inch of it. What seemed to intrigue him the most were the eyes; small, blood red buttons sown skillfully into the cloth.

(It's been way too long since anything has happened here. I hope you didn't think I gave up on this or anything.)

(Kinda did actually)

She nods slightly as she watched him a little. "Maybe there are clues in the dreams....Have you ever tried talking to him? Taking control of your dream?" She asks.

(I don't know what happened. I guess I just didn't know what to say for a while.)

"Actually, some of the recent dreams mostly consist of me talking with him, and it feels like I'm talking to a real person, not an image in a dream. I guess next time one of those dreams, I can ask him about if there's a way to meet him in person or something... or at least, let you meet you him?"

She nods slightly. "We can certainly try...maybe it will help." She says, smiling a little, hoping that it would comfort him some how.

"I hope it will. More than anything, I just want answers. And... now that I'm thinking about it... I mean, I'm not sure how much he'll be able to do but.. maybe he could help with your situation too. With the creature and your pendant and all that." He didn't quite mean to say it so bluntly, but his fascination with the doll and its meaning might've been clouding some of his sense of consideration for others. Just a little bit.

She looks away slightly and nods a little. " I'm more worried about you." She said. Then adds. "We need to take care of one thing at a time."

"Well, I keep hearing the tribe talk about how supposedly there was some connection between us and them before our food source got cut off. But I don't remember it at all. Now I'm starting to think maybe he's connected to that. So maybe he knows at least some of the story behind your pendant. It's just a guess.."

She nods a little again at his words. "I suppose you are right." She smiles a little then nods. "Guess we need to just try and talk to him."

Finally he set the doll down and smiled to her. "You know... I don't know why, but I feel like he would like you. I-if he met you."

Back