Status
Not open for further replies.
At the market, as Miki gave chase to the wandering Yuki, and others followed suit, the place was what one might expect from a medieval market, even if it was a little more... grim than what one might have thought. The only kind of fruit that was abundant in the stands were rotten, homeless people sat on the sides covered in dirty rags, needfully eyeing the group as they passed by, and so on.

As Miki eventually caught up to Yuki, panting softly as she took the brief moment to catch her breath, she placed her hand on the pink-haired girl's shoulder.

Miki_1021_copy.png

"Yuki-senpai... You really shouldn't run off like that! At least wait for Kurumi-senpai and Rii-san to follow along! You could get lost!" She exclaimed, letting the others catch up as well.

Suddenly, the voice of what sounded like a young boy could be heard in the distance, followed by a middle-aged man.

"Hey! Getcher hands offa me, old man!"

"After catchin' you tryna pull one over me?! How dumb d'you think I am?!"

"As dumb as you look! Haha--Ouugh!"

A thud resonated through the air, and with the boy's pained grunt, one could only guess what had happened. But the crowd didn't care to guess. It just kept moving, turning a blind eye to the exchange in the distance. That was how life was. Turning a blind eye. After all, it was as they said, ignorance was bliss.

"Wait... What's going on over there? Sounds like trouble... S-Should we...?"

And if ignorance was bliss, what did that mean for those who cared to at least notice the world around them? The violence and the suffering?

@Yun Lee @Crow @Market

Rotten food, beggars lining the place, this was pretty different than expected. What happened here?

Ben was taken aback by these sights. What kind of town was this?

The only thing keeping his dismay in check was-

Just then, a little ruckus was heard, a ruckus that no one seemed to care about.

No one but Ben 10.

iyL4cjt.jpg

"You girls stand back and get that kid to a safe place. I'll deal with gramps over there, one-on-one."

Ben walked up to the adult man, standing between him and the kid with a glare on his face.

miBnUhF.jpg

"Tbat's no way to treat a defenseless kid, old man."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Crow @Atomic Knight @Market​

Last edited:
Continued from here.

Chapter One
"Hawk"

As a group of individuals from across the multiverse are whisked away from their home dimensions, they wake up in a world of horror known as the Eclipse. Their bodies are branded and they are chosen as sacrifices by a mysterious, seemingly omnipotent collective known as the God Hand, but before they can be sacrificed, in the nick of time, two figures, John Constantine and the Skull Knight, appear and rescue the group from the Eclipse, teleporting them all into an isolated forest.

There, Constantine explains to the group the full gravity of the situation, as well as why they were chosen as sacrifices; since because they were human, if not in body then in spirit and self-determination, they held a degree of evil that was inherent to their being, and that Constantine held the ability to mark others with the brand utilizing dark magic. He continues that if the group wishes to avoid being sacrificed to the God Hand, who are on the hunt for their souls, they must set out on a journey to find a great evil that equals the entire group combined.

2228212-_animepaper.net_picture_standard_anime_berserk_skull_knight__bandw__22598_lcriveller_preview_c1321a45.jpg

"My business is done here. I have matters to attend to elsewhere," the Skull Knight abruptly said as everyone began settling down in the forest, "I cannot foresee your destinies -- that is for you to decide -- and if it strays from your tribulations with the God Hand, then so be it, but my chief quarrel is with them," he spoke, his horse slowly turning around.

"A word of guidance for you to start off your journey with... Find the Black Swordsman. He is a fellow sufferer who knows what it is like to try to fight fate, and ponder the possibility of it. He, too, seeks an unspeakable malevolent force, greater than even his own malevolence. You will find him and those he travels with in a town, to the north. Travel there, and you will eventually find him. I know not if we will meet again. Farewell. I leave them in your hands, Constantine."

"Aye, lad. Cheers," Constantine said with a partially sarcastic tone. It was evident he didn't really appreciate being left to tend to the group by himself, not fancying himself a babysitter, but it couldn't be helped, so he signed in resignation.

Without even so much as a "good luck," the Skull Knight took off with that, his horse whinnying in the air as it took off.

And so... the night came and went, and before anyone knew it, the morning sun had risen, but its warm light seemed to do little to melt away the sense of dread within the air. Even though the group had managed to escape the demonic hellhole and managed to reach a more material world, it seemed that whatever world they were in now, it still carried the same feeling of uneasiness.

When the time came, Constantine loudly clapped his hands in the middle of the camp, waking everyone up, assuming they had not already risen.

"Alright, babs. Like Skully said earlier, you're all on a time limit here, and the clock is tickin'. So get your poor asses in gear and let's get a move on!" Constantine announced. With that, once the group had gathered their bearings, they quickly went on their way, the blonde man leading them in the front.

The journey was surprisingly quiet, even if the dread in the air never quite went away. No demons went out to hunt them, no voices haunting their minds. In fact, maybe it was even a little too quiet. The forest was completely devoid of anything that could be called life, or at least, a substantial amount of it. A majority of the trees were dead, and there were almost no animals in the area, it was lucky that anyone was able to find any food at all. No squirrels, no birds, nothing. It was almost like the place was completely dead.

Fortunately, the journey was not too long, for the group managed to eventually reach the town that the Skull Knight had directed him to. Who this so-called Black Swordsman was that he directed to, no one could really say, not even Constantine, who seemed just as mystified as everyone else on the Skull Knight's mannerisms, having confessed earlier to only meeting him a short while before busting into the Eclipse to save everyone.

59dc813519f7efce13c9594be783765d.jpg

In contrast to the forest that bordered the town, the place was full of people, most of which didn't seem to give the group much mind, and those who did whispered scattered murmurs all over the place, some wondering if the knights in the group belonged to royalty, some wondering why others were wearing strange clothes, and so on. The towngoers, as it appeared, seemed to have their attention fixated on other happenings within the town, decent crowds gathered in different spots in the town. What exactly though, it was up to the group to find out. It was clear though it was quite a busy and eventful day here.

Putting a cigarette in his mouth and lighting it with his lighter (not really caring if the sight of a lighter would alert this medieval-esqe civilization), Constantine let out a puff of smoke, before sighing. "Right, then. I guess at a time like this, a responsible leader would be saying something like... let's split up to cover more ground or something," he grunted.

"So gang, let's split up to cover more ground or something. This Black Swordsman chap has to be quite a real corker if Skullie was vouching for him, but I'm already feeling real knackered, so let's make this quick. I'll be headin' to the town center, looks like there's a big ol' crowd there. Who knows? Maybe it's a public execution," Constantine grinned facetiously, before clearing his throat to say one more thing, "Let's all meet up back here near the entrance to report on our... findings. Alright? Let's go." And with that, he was off.

Yuki_1065_copy.png

"Woooow, so many booths! I can't believe the cultural festival turned out so popular this year!" Yuki suddenly exclaimed after that, pointing to the town market at the side, her entire being sparkling with excitement, "Mii-kun, Mii-kun! Kurumi-chan! Rii-san! Let's go check them all out! Bring Taromarou too!" She said, before running off to the market, also separating from the group.

"Yuki-senpai, w-wait! It's dangerous out there!" Miki called out, forced to follow after Yuki with that, regardless of whether or not Kurumi and Yuuri felt inclined to follow.

So, there it was. In essence, there were three points of interests to go toward:

The town center, where Constantine had went to and where a crowd had gathered.

The market, where Miki and Yuki had run off to. Maybe there might have been something interesting there.

The penitentiary, where another crowd had gathered around, albeit smaller than the one at the town center.

Choose wisely.

Cast List
@Minerva as Astolfo (Type-Moon)
@Crow as Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
@ThatAverageGuy as Butters (South Park)
@Raptor Jesus as Ciel Phantomhive and Sebastian Michaelis (Black Butler)
@Jeremi as Fall-From-Grace and Mortimer Rictusgrin (Planescape)
@Sen as Genya Arikado (Castlevania)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Hollow Knight (Hollow Knight)
@dark as Jak (Jak & Daxter)
@Gummi Bunnies as Kaine and Emil (NieR)
@Alex Azure as Kokichi Oma (Danganronpa)
@Krieg as Kurumi Ebisuzawa (School-Live!)
@Yun Lee as Libra and Sumia (Fire Emblem)
@Takumi as Lindel (The Ancient Magus Bride)
@York as Lucatiel of Mirrah (Dark Souls II)
@Lucky as Mike Munroe and Joshua Washington (Until Dawn)
@Kaykay as Sera Mizuki (Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen)
@Otto as Siegward of Catarina (Dark Souls III)
@Tutski19 as Soraka (League of Legends)
@Khan of the Mardu as Virginia Maxwell (Wild Arms)
@Atomic Knight as Yuki Takeya and Megumi Sakura (School-Live!)
@Josh as Yuuri Wakasa (School-Live!)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Zoe (League of Legends)​
Astolfo decided to walk to the Town Center.

tumblr_otvknnMomz1v6bs4yo4_400.gif

"I'm gonna go see what that's all about." He said, putting his hand on the hilt of his sword and heading that way. He tied his hippogriff to a nearby post and walked off in the direction Constantine had gone.

@Ver @York @Otto @Town Center

Kokichi paused for a moment to think. "That Ben guy and a couple annoying girls went to the market, so I don't feel like heading that way. Skeleton man said to find the Black Swordsman. With a name like that, he might be at the penitentiary... Plus..."

"Let's head to the penitentiary. If we're lucky, we might find some murderer that can appease those God Hand people."

"Great minds think alike, huh? I don't think I caught your name..."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @Khan of the Mardu

"Lindel's the name." Lindel introduced with a slight bow before making his way towards the penitentary.

As they made their way into the town, Ciel closed his and inhaled deeply through his nose as he weighed all their options. After listening to what everyone else had said, Ciel nodded firmly as he made his decision.

maxresdefault.jpg

"I feel as though the penitentiary will bear the most fruit." Ciel stated as he looked up to Sebastian. "As is to be expected, you shall accompany me. I don't want to have to deal with any mongrels trying to attack me." Ciel said before turning away and walking towards their destination.

"As you wish, my young master." Sebastian said as he followed closely behind him.

@Takumi @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Pentintiary Peeps​

Those who would venture in the direction of the penitentiary, as labeled crudely on a wooden signboard on a nearby building made of stone, upon navigating through the bustling crowd, would see a group of what appeared to be knights, clad in silver armor and sporting hilted swords, dragging a seemingly unconscious man across the ground by his arms, his head slumped and his legs sliding across the ground. He had short, almost spiky black hair and wore only long black pants, evidently stripped of his normal clothes or armor. Perhaps he was little more than an ordinary criminal... or at least, one would think if not for one peculiar thing...

He had a brand on the back of his neck. The same exact brand that the group was marked with the previous day.

What this exactly meant, no one could say. It wasn't as though it necessarily confirmed anything, but it was easy to draw conclusions. With this many people around, as well as armed guards, it was difficult to say how they'd go about approaching the man; it was doubtful that the guards would allow just anyone to request an audience with him.

It was then that, in the corner of everyone's eyes, they'd be able to see... what looked like a twinkle of blue light to the side, flying around like a discombobulated bee, and just as big too. In fact, the small orb of light was so big, and moved so swiftly, it was a surprise that the entire crowd and so on didn't notice it at all. In particular, it flew around the side of the penitentiary building, notably around the barred window, and then... from there, a strange voice resonated in their heads.

"Aww, crudmuffins!! How am I gonna get 'im outta this one?! Think, Puck, think! Maybe... Maybe if I...!"

The voice stopped from there, and with that, the orb of light made its way to the back of the building. What was that all about?

@Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Penitentiary

At the market, as Miki gave chase to the wandering Yuki, and others followed suit, the place was what one might expect from a medieval market, even if it was a little more... grim than what one might have thought. The only kind of fruit that was abundant in the stands were rotten, homeless people sat on the sides covered in dirty rags, needfully eyeing the group as they passed by, and so on.

As Miki eventually caught up to Yuki, panting softly as she took the brief moment to catch her breath, she placed her hand on the pink-haired girl's shoulder.

Miki_1021_copy.png

"Yuki-senpai... You really shouldn't run off like that! At least wait for Kurumi-senpai and Rii-san to follow along! You could get lost!" She exclaimed, letting the others catch up as well.

Suddenly, the voice of what sounded like a young boy could be heard in the distance, followed by a middle-aged man.

A thud resonated through the air, and with the boy's pained grunt, one could only guess what had happened. But the crowd didn't care to guess. It just kept moving, turning a blind eye to the exchange in the distance. That was how life was. Turning a blind eye. After all, it was as they said, ignorance was bliss.

And if ignorance was bliss, what did that mean for those who cared to at least notice the world around them? The violence and the suffering?

@Yun Lee @Crow @Market

At the town center, the crowd was massive. It was almost easy to lose Constantine in the crowd, if not for his distinctive brown coat and blonde hair, among the rest of the townsfolk who generally wore clothes that were more... befitting the area. As he maneuvered his way through the crowd, loudly jeering and yelling at whatever they were staring at in the distance, with the group presumably in tow, they eventually made their way to near the front, where a somewhat disturbing sight awaited them.

JPLOrhO9Q52KKXB0vee9kg.png

A brown skinned young woman with long black hair, dressed only in a long white gown, was tied to a wooden post, standing atop a bundle of sticks. Standing directly below was an overweight man holding a torch, who seemed to draw the attention of the crowd by himself. One notable feature that anyone around might have noticed was a certain mark on her body... The very same brand that Lutaciel and others were marked with by the God Hand before!

"This woman... has been touched by a witch! See it in her unkempt expression! Hear it in her inarticulate grunts! Her existence is cursed by black magic! I know not if this curse is contagious, but it matters not! We must end her life at once in order to provide salvation for her soul, if it is not already too far gone!" The man exclaimed, raising his torch in the air, "Of course... Even if it already were too far gone, it is of little difference. A peasant-looking woman... What did she have to contribute to this world anyway? Is there anyone out there who would object to this act of swift justice? Speak your piece, or forever hold!"

@York @Town Center

"Virginia, mister, Virginia Maxwell..." Virginia mumbled out, barely focused on the conversation and only slightly speaking high enough for the boy to hear. That mark... was he the Black Swordsman? Dangit, why do I always have to be right about these hunches? Guards surrounding him, and an entire crowd of onlookers... people who might get hurt in their quest if they weren't careful about this. They needed to have a plan before storming in to free him, or else there would be a lot of needless bloodshed for no true justice.

Then she noticed the sparkle of that blue orb, her eyes widening as she heard the voice in her head. No one else seemed to hear it, but for some reason, it felt as though it was calling them to follow it or help with the rescue. Without waiting a moment for the others' reactions to the voice, the Drifter was moving once again, running at a fast pace to keep up with the orb as it flew away. As it swung around the building's back, Virginia skidded to a halt, the eyes of a gunslinger searching for the creature though her hands were held away from her ARMs.

@Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Ver @Penitentiary

Lindel made his way around the crowd and towards the back of the building along with Virginia. He was just a bit less obvious about it though.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Khan of the Mardu @at the penitentary

Last edited:
Siegward of Catarina
@York @Ver @Minerva @Town Center

At the town center, the crowd was massive. It was almost easy to lose Constantine in the crowd, if not for his distinctive brown coat and blonde hair, among the rest of the townsfolk who generally wore clothes that were more... befitting the area. As he maneuvered his way through the crowd, loudly jeering and yelling at whatever they were staring at in the distance, with the group presumably in tow, they eventually made their way to near the front, where a somewhat disturbing sight awaited them.

A brown skinned young woman with long black hair, dressed only in a long white gown, was tied to a wooden post, standing atop a bundle of sticks. Standing directly below was an overweight man holding a torch, who seemed to draw the attention of the crowd by himself. One notable feature that anyone around might have noticed was a certain mark on her body... The very same brand that Lucatiel and others were marked with by the God Hand before!

"This woman... has been touched by a witch! See it in her unkempt expression! Hear it in her inarticulate grunts! Her existence is cursed by black magic! I know not if this curse is contagious, but it matters not! We must end her life at once in order to provide salvation for her soul, if it is not already too far gone!" The man exclaimed, raising his torch in the air, "Of course... Even if it already were too far gone, it is of little difference. A peasant-looking woman... What did she have to contribute to this world anyway? Is there anyone out there who would object to this act of swift justice? Speak your piece, or forever hold!"
Meanwhile, Siegward sauntered along, taking in the scenery of this strange, yet eerily similar town. The architecture and general look appeared to be somewhat kin to towns in his own world, yet he had never seen or even heard of this place before. He was so absorbed in thought, he bumped into one of the commoners who was fixated on the commotion. "Oh! Excuse me," he remarked before noticing Constantine making his way to the front. He then proceeded to follow the apparent leader of this excursion.

Realizing that this woman was about to be executed for being branded by that peculiar symbol, Siegward shouted, "Wait!" He got closer to the source and attempted to cast doubt upon the fat man's so-called 'justice'.

8M81qsE.png

"Let's not be too hasty now! How much do we really know about the nature of this curse? We wouldn't want to end a woman's life without realizing that she didn't need to die, would we? Hahaha..." His nervous laughter trailed off as he was left with an awkward silence. He couldn't outright tell people about how the curse worked, he thought, or else they'd turn on him!

He needed another drink.​

Last edited:
Those who would venture in the direction of the penitentiary, as labeled crudely on a wooden signboard on a nearby building made of stone, upon navigating through the bustling crowd, would see a group of what appeared to be knights, clad in silver armor and sporting hilted swords, dragging a seemingly unconscious man across the ground by his arms, his head slumped and his legs sliding across the ground. He had short, almost spiky black hair and wore only long black pants, evidently stripped of his normal clothes or armor. Perhaps he was little more than an ordinary criminal... or at least, one would think if not for one peculiar thing...

He had a brand on the back of his neck. The same exact brand that the group was marked with the previous day.

What this exactly meant, no one could say. It wasn't as though it necessarily confirmed anything, but it was easy to draw conclusions. With this many people around, as well as armed guards, it was difficult to say how they'd go about approaching the man; it was doubtful that the guards would allow just anyone to request an audience with him.

It was then that, in the corner of everyone's eyes, they'd be able to see... what looked like a twinkle of blue light to the side, flying around like a discombobulated bee, and just as big too. In fact, the small orb of light was so big, and moved so swiftly, it was a surprise that the entire crowd and so on didn't notice it at all. In particular, it flew around the side of the penitentiary building, notably around the barred window, and then... from there, a strange voice resonated in their heads.

"Aww, crudmuffins!! How am I gonna get 'im outta this one?! Think, Puck, think! Maybe... Maybe if I...!"

The voice stopped from there, and with that, the orb of light made its way to the back of the building. What was that all about?

Miki_1021_copy.png

@Yun Lee @Crow @Market

A brown skinned young woman with long black hair, dressed only in a long white gown, was tied to a wooden post, standing atop a bundle of sticks. Standing directly below was an overweight man holding a torch, who seemed to draw the attention of the crowd by himself. One notable feature that anyone around might have noticed was a certain mark on her body... The very same brand that Lutaciel and others were marked with by the God Hand before!

@York @Town Center
Siegward of Catarina

Meanwhile, Siegward sauntered along, taking in the scenery of this strange, yet eerily similar town. The architecture and general look appeared to be somewhat kin to towns in his own world, yet he had never seen or even heard of this place before. He was so absorbed in thought, he bumped into one of the commoners who was fixated on the commotion. "Oh! Excuse me," he remarked before noticing Constantine making his way to the front. He then proceeded to follow the apparent leader of this excursion.

Realizing that this woman was about to be executed for being branded by that peculiar symbol, Siegward shouted, "Wait!" He got closer to the source and attempted to cast doubt upon the fat man's so-called 'justice'.

8M81qsE.png

"Let's not be too hasty now! How much do we really know about the nature of this curse? We wouldn't want to end a woman's life without realizing that she didn't need to die, would we? Hahaha..." His nervous laughter trailed off as he was left with an awkward silence. He couldn't outright tell people about how the curse worked, he thought, or else they'd turn on him!

Astolfo, a paragon of good and right, was appalled at what was happening. He stepped forward as well.

tumblr_otvknnMomz1v6bs4yo2_400.gif

"You'd kill an innocent woman because of what's on her hand? Has she actually committed any crimes?" He questioned. "Why are you punishing her further? Is she not already punished by this curse? She doesn't deserve to die for something she had no power over" He stood next to Siegward, ready to back him up if this went south.

@Otto @York @Town Center

"Virginia, mister, Virginia Maxwell..." Virginia mumbled out, barely focused on the conversation and only slightly speaking high enough for the boy to hear. That mark... was he the Black Swordsman? Dangit, why do I always have to be right about these hunches? Guards surrounding him, and an entire crowd of onlookers... people who might get hurt in their quest if they weren't careful about this. They needed to have a plan before storming in to free him, or else there would be a lot of needless bloodshed for no true justice.

Then she noticed the sparkle of that blue orb, her eyes widening as she heard the voice in her head. No one else seemed to hear it, but for some reason, it felt as though it was calling them to follow it or help with the rescue. Without waiting a moment for the others' reactions to the voice, the Drifter was moving once again, running at a fast pace to keep up with the orb as it flew away. As it swung around the building's back, Virginia skidded to a halt, the eyes of a gunslinger searching for the creature though her hands were held away from her ARMs.

@Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Ver @Penitentiary
"Lindel's the name." Lindel introduced with a slight bow before making his way towards the penitentary.

Lindel made his way around the cround and towards the back of the building along with Virginia. He was just a bit less obvious about it though.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Khan of the Mardu @at the penitentary

"Alright, I have an idea on how we could..."

Kokichi began to speak, only to doscover that those around him were chasing some will-o'-the-wisp. He cut his train of thought short and shifted his attention. "Don't leave me out of the wild goose chase then," he muttered as he followed the rest of thr group towards the strange ball of light.

@Ver @Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Penitentiary

Upon Ben's request, Sumia would keep watch on the girls. Hopefully Ben wouldn't make things even worse for all of them...

@Ver @Crow @Atomic Knight @Market

---

...and they all chased after the little blue thing. Well, maybe they were on the right track? Libra would follow along as well, hoping to aid them in keeping a low profile.

@Ver @Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu@Penitentiary

In Soraka's perspective, time seemed to have went so fast. First, they were at a bloody place battling against waved of monsters. Second, they appeared in a dark forest and talked with each other. Lastly, they were in this town, listening to Constantine and Skull Knight.

She listened to Constantine, telling them to split up and cover more ground. She heard that there might be a public execution in the town center. Her interest piqued, she walked towards the town center.

The town center was packed and it was very loud. Soraka moved through the crowd, curious of what may have garnered a large amount of attention. She quickened her pace and arrived at a sight that greatly troubled her. Someone tied a young girl to a wooden post. She noticed that the girl also had the same mark branded on her hand.

Immediately, feelings of pain and sadness seemingly pierced her soul. Soraka's face was curled into a sad frown. She wanted to help. Without any second thoughts, she started, "Stop thi-"

"Let's not be too hasty now! How much do we really know about the nature of this curse? We wouldn't want to end a woman's life without realizing that she didn't need to die, would we? Hahaha..."

She turned towards the knight, shock evident in her face. She was glad that somebody else wanted the girl to live. She agreed and started again, "Yea-"

"You'd kill an innocent woman because of what's on her hand? Has she actually committed any crimes?" He questioned. "Why are you punishing her further? Is she not already punished by this curse? She doesn't deserve to die for something she had no power over" He stood next to Siegward, ready to back him up if this went south.

She looked again at another knight in awe. They were really willing to help, huh? She thought. She walked beside both of them in a graceful manner and stopped besides them. "I shall lend my aid, young knights." She inspected both of them. They looked like they were willing to fight for this girl's life.

@Minerva @Otto @Ver @Town Center​

Miki_1021_copy.png

@Yun Lee @Crow @Market

@York @Town Center
Siegward of Catarina

8M81qsE.png

Astolfo, a paragon of good and right, was appalled at what was happening. He stepped forward as well.

tumblr_otvknnMomz1v6bs4yo2_400.gif

@Otto @York @Town Center
Lucatiel of Mirrah
@Ver @Otto @Minerva
@Town Center

Lucatiel's frown was hidden underneath her mask when she realized what was going on at the town center that had drawn such a crowd; an execution. Looks like the brand their group bore was not popular around these parts, fear of the unknown no less. Not unlike the fears that swept her own lands when the hollow curse had begun to sprung up.

She had experienced the fear... And torment such a mark brought, first hand. It had cost her the place she had once carved out for herself in the land of Mirrah, and she would have given nearly anything to get it back... Or to keep... Existing, living... Despite the wretches curse she had.

Now though, being met with someone who was less fortunate, someone who would not even get the chance to live, for whatever it's worth, she felt somehow... Guilty.

But yet, there was a bit of conflict, between whether she too, should speak up for her like Siegward, and the other man(?) that had followed Constantine's lead.

After all, they too, were branded with a cursed sign, and for her, at least... She was branded with two.

In the end, though... As much as she knew she risked her life, she did not want to cower and hide when another life is in peril; the stranger that she had fought side by side with, certainly did not do this... So perhaps, it was time to return the favor... For whatever it was worth.

With that, Lucatiel promptly cleared her throat.

"There IS no salvation in death! Cursed or otherwise. She deserves the chance to live, like anyone else!" She shouted.

Mere days ago, when she had still been desperately searching for a cure for the undead curse she had been afflicted with, she might have chosen differently... As she now risked suffering the same fate as the woman they were attempting to save. However, she was long past the point of caring; although she has not yet further hollowed, it was hard to say if, or when the curse would take its hold once more. Her life could be over in mere moments, and the last thing she wished to do, was to die a coward's death.​

Having had the opportunity to sit in a pretty girls lap meant that Morte was going to stick close to Sumia for the time being. I mean Grace was way more attractive, but boy had he tried his best to smooth talk her for God knows how long.

Rotten food, beggars lining the place, this was pretty different than expected. What happened here?

Ben was taken aback by these sights. What kind of town was this?

The only thing keeping his dismay in check was-

Just then, a little ruckus was heard, a ruckus that no one seemed to care about.

No one but Ben 10.

iyL4cjt.jpg

"You girls stand back and get that kid to a safe place. I'll deal with gramps over there, one-on-one."

Ben walked up to the adult man, standing between him and the kid with a glare on his face.

miBnUhF.jpg

"Tbat's no way to treat a defenseless kid, old man."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Crow @Atomic Knight @Market​

"You really haven't been around the block have you kid?" Morte replied to Ben. In Sigil stuff like this were common place. It was terrible that stuff like that was happening but if no one cared then what was there to do?

Upon Ben's request, Sumia would keep watch on the girls. Hopefully Ben wouldn't make things even worse for all of them...

@Ver @Crow @Atomic Knight @Market

---

...and they all chased after the little blue thing. Well, maybe they were on the right track? Libra would follow along as well, hoping to aid them in keeping a low profile.

Grace meanwhile had decided to head towards the penitentiary. Though she hadn't said much she was trying to process the entire situation they now found themselves. The beings that had brought them there seemed to rival the strength the Lady of Pain herself in the scope of their capabilities. If there only plan right now was to find a being far evil then all of them then where should they start?

She snapped out of her thoughts when the little blue fairy emerged and everyone seemed to have been caught in its spell because everyone seemed to follow after it. Grace did the same, one of the fae folk might have answers to what they're looking for.

As Virginia, Lindel, Kokichi, Libra, and others followed the strange light outside the penitentiary, the voice gradually became louder again as they grew closer to him. Around the corner, behind the building, normally completely out of sight and mind of the normal citizens of the town, the light became visible again, floating around the area as though looking for something. The alley itself was a rather unappetizing display, with two corpses of handcuffed men dressed only in rags thrown on the floor unceremoniously, their bodies surrounded by flies and maggots. They had likely been there for days. More than likely, one could guess that they died in captivity and then were thrown out by one of the guards like garbage. To the side, there was a door -- a backdoor, even -- that led inside, but it was easy to assume that the door was locked.

Meanwhile, the glow slowly began to fade around the source of light, as though everyone's eyes were getting used to the appearance of such a strange entity. Before long, the figure took the shape of a tiny male humanoid figure, roughly six inches in height, sporting long ears and wings. His back was turned to everyone, and he began to talk to himself again.

"Eugh... Yeesh. Can't wait to get outta here... If I can even find a way through. I wonder... if I can fit through the keyhole! Could I?!"

"No. Dang it!"

It didn't seem that he noticed the group at first, until he happened to look behind him, coming face to face with everyone. And from there, the little pixie-like creature stopped, eyes wide in surprise as he froze.

tumblr_p01lny_KKd_J1vksx51o4_250.png

"Uh... Hey. You can... uh, you can see me, can't you?"

He was clearly startled by their presence. The creature maintained his pause for another moment, before braving to speak again.

"Uh... How's it goin'?"

This was a bit awkward, even if it might have only been one-sidedly.

@Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Takumi @Jeremi @Penitentiary

At the market, the man sneered as he looked over at Ben, raising an eyebrow more at his clothes than his attitude. "And just who are you supposed ta' be? Listen, you, don't butt into situations that don't concern you! That brat over there tried to steal my food! But oh, I caught him! I have ears like a hawk, and eyes like a rodent," he said, putting on an intimidating face, as if to try to make himself look animalistic to demonstrate such qualities.

hc-_BQt_Hm_QVKYRNt-_LJGk_Yw.png

"Oh, please. It's not like that shit you got there actually counts as food. May as well just be carrying around lumps of your own shit, that food's so rotten!" The boy exclaimed, rubbing the side of his face where a small bruise was apparent, "So don't worry if you thought I was just a homeless kid tryin' to fill his belly. I was sooner thinkin' I'd assassinate someone with those toxic looking tomatoes! They look good to throw if nothing else!"

"Keep that up and by the time I'm done with you, you'll bruise as easily as a tomato!" The man exclaimed, as though he already forgot Ben was there. Before the boy could even respond, the man suddenly drew a knife from his stand, walking over to the boy and holding the weapon in a less than friendly manner.

"Actually, in fact... I think I know just what to do with you!" He said, reaching down to grab the boy by his collar, to which he tried in vain to resist. Gasping in shock as all she could think to do was watch in the back with Sumia, Miki shielded Yuki's eyes, not wanting her to see this violent display, even if her mind might have... interpreted it a different way.

To say the least, the situation elevated rather quickly.

All the while, the people at the market just kept coming and going, barely even giving nervous glances at the situation as they passed by in the meantime.

@Crow @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Market

"Wh--?!" The man at the middle of the crowd exclaimed, stopping in surprise as Siegward stepped in, followed by Astolfo, Soraka, and Lucatiel's following interventions. The crowd also quickly died down as they appeared, murmuring in confusion and concern as they wondered just what was going on now, all the while Constantine stood to the side, uncomfortably scratching his head.

"Ah, bollocks... And I was just jokin' about the public execution thing. Wanted to have a damned giggle, but... hard cheese," the blonde mumbled to himself. He started to get weird looks as well, as his clothes and cigarette started to stick out, not that he seemed to visibly care.

"What is the meaning of this heresy?! Who are you people, and what right have you to determine this mindless wench's fate?!" He yelled upon recovering from the shock of their appearance, pointing a bony finger at Siegward and Astolfo, "You are no royal knight! Why are you dressed like that? Are you here to make a mockery of the kingdom?!" He barked, before shaking his head at their words.

"Doesn't need to die? Take a gander upon her! If you would refute death as a means of salvation for this cursed wench, then let her defend herself!" He continued, pointing next to the woman herself. As the group took a better look at the woman herself, it soon became clear that... she was not capable of defending herself.

Her eyes were wide and curious, like a wild animal or an infant, and her gaze was aimless, uncomfortably looking around, all the while sputtering and moaning in confusion, as though she did not know what was going on. She held enough intelligence at the very least to know that hers was an undesirable situation, subtly squirming against her binds that kept her tied to the post, but she held little more in her mind that could be called "intelligence," as it seemed she couldn't even speak coherent words.

"Buh... N-Nngh... Uhh..."

In short, she truly had lost her mind. But the question was how she truly lost it. It couldn't have been the brand by itself, after all, not that the man and the rest of the crowd were very aware of that.

Looking to Lucatiel, the man glowered. "By ending her, we are releasing her soul from the grasp of black magic! There is no life left for her! Only an abyss of suffering! Suffering that is bound to spread, like an infected seed! And you will not get in the way of this!"

From there, people in the crowd began to walk forward, attempting to grab everyone and pull them away from the scene, hoping to keep them from further interrupting the show, as the man defiantly raised his torch once again and touched the bundle of sticks with it, setting it on fire and watching it slowly make its way up to the woman, who began squirming harder and helplessly screamed in fear.

"Go on, then! Save her, if you dare stand in the way of justice!!" He yelled, as though practically daring them to make a move.

@York @Tutski19 @Otto @Minerva @Town Center

As Virginia, Lindel, Kokichi, Libra, and others followed the strange light outside the penitentiary, the voice gradually became louder again as they grew closer to him. Around the corner, behind the building, normally completely out of sight and mind of the normal citizens of the town, the light became visible again, floating around the area as though looking for something. The alley itself was a rather unappetizing display, with two corpses of handcuffed men dressed only in rags thrown on the floor unceremoniously, their bodies surrounded by flies and maggots. They had likely been there for days. More than likely, one could guess that they died in captivity and then were thrown out by one of the guards like garbage. To the side, there was a door -- a backdoor, even -- that led inside, but it was easy to assume that the door was locked.

Meanwhile, the glow slowly began to fade around the source of light, as though everyone's eyes were getting used to the appearance of such a strange entity. Before long, the figure took the shape of a tiny male humanoid figure, roughly six inches in height, sporting long ears and wings. His back was turned to everyone, and he began to talk to himself again.

"Eugh... Yeesh. Can't wait to get outta here... If I can even find a way through. I wonder... if I can fit through the keyhole! Could I?!"

"No. Dang it!"

It didn't seem that he noticed the group at first, until he happened to look behind him, coming face to face with everyone. And from there, the little pixie-like creature stopped, eyes wide in surprise as he froze.

He was clearly startled by their presence. The creature maintained his pause for another moment, before braving to speak again.

"Uh... How's it goin'?"

@Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Takumi @Jeremi @Penitentiary

At the market, the man sneered as he looked over at Ben, raising an eyebrow more at his clothes than his attitude. "And just who are you supposed ta' be? Listen, you, don't butt into situations that don't concern you! That brat over there tried to steal my food! But oh, I caught him! I have ears like a hawk, and eyes like a rodent," he said, putting on an intimidating face, as if to try to make himself look animalistic to demonstrate such qualities.

"Oh, please. It's not like that shit you got there actually counts as food. May as well just be carrying around lumps of your own shit, that food's so rotten!" The boy exclaimed, rubbing the side of his face where a small bruise was apparent, "So don't worry if you thought I was just a homeless kid tryin' to fill his belly. I was sooner thinkin' I'd assassinate someone with those toxic looking tomatoes! They look good to throw if nothing else!"

"Keep that up and by the time I'm done with you, you'll bruise as easily as a tomato!" The man exclaimed, as though he already forgot Ben was there. Before the boy could even respond, the man suddenly drew a knife from his stand, walking over to the boy and holding the weapon in a less than friendly manner.

"Actually, in fact... I think I know just what to do with you!" He said, reaching down to grab the boy by his collar, to which he tried in vain to resist. Gasping in shock as all she could think to do was watch in the back with Sumia, Miki shielded Yuki's eyes, not wanting her to see this violent display, even if her mind might have... interpreted it a different way.

All the while, the people at the market just kept coming and going, barely even giving nervous glances at the situation as they passed by in the meantime.

"Wh--?!" The man at the middle of the crowd exclaimed, stopping in surprise as Siegward stepped in, followed by Astolfo, Soraka, and Lucatiel's following interventions. The crowd also quickly died down as they appeared, murmuring in confusion and concern as they wondered just what was going on now, all the while Constantine stood to the side, uncomfortably scratching his head.

"Ah, bollocks... And I was just jokin' about the public execution thing. Wanted to have a damned giggle, but... hard cheese," the blonde mumbled to himself. He started to get weird looks as well, as his clothes and cigarette started to stick out, not that he seemed to visibly care.

"What is the meaning of this heresy?! Who are you people, and what right have you to determine this mindless wench's fate?!" He yelled upon recovering from the shock of their appearance, pointing a bony finger at Siegward and Astolfo, "You are no royal knight! Why are you dressed like that? Are you here to make a mockery of the kingdom?!" He barked, before shaking his head at their words.

"Doesn't need to die? Take a gander upon her! If you would refute death as a means of salvation for this cursed wench, then let her defend herself!" He continued, pointing next to the woman herself. As the group took a better look at the woman herself, it soon became clear that... she was not capable of defending herself.

Her eyes were wide and curious, like a wild animal or an infant, and her gaze was aimless, uncomfortably looking around, all the while sputtering and moaning in confusion, as though she did not know what was going on. She held enough intelligence at the very least to know that hers was an undesirable situation, subtly squirming against her binds that kept her tied to the post, but she held little more in her mind that could be called "intelligence," as it seemed she couldn't even speak coherent words.

In short, she truly had lost her mind. But the question was how she truly lost it. It couldn't have been the brand by itself, after all, not that the man and the rest of the crowd were very aware of that.

Looking to Lucatiel, the man glowered. "By ending her, we are releasing her soul from the grasp of black magic! There is no life left for her! Only an abyss of suffering! Suffering that is bound to spread, like an infected seed! And you will not get in the way of this!"

From there, people in the crowd began to walk forward, attempting to grab everyone and pull them away from the scene, hoping to keep them from further interrupting the show, as the man defiantly raised his torch once again and touched the bundle of sticks with it, setting it on fire and watching it slowly make its way up to the woman, who began squirming harder and helplessly screamed in fear.

"Go on, then! Save her, if you dare stand in the way of justice!!"

Virginia covered her mouth with a sickened sound as she noticed the slowly decomposing bodies of the former prisoners - how horrific were the people in this place that they would simply throw aside bodies like this without a proper burial? Even the executed in her world were given that right, even if the place was unmarked... Yet her mind wandered from that topic as she noticed the strange little fairy man that the blue light had transformed into, nodding as he asked if they could see him.

His next question managed to get her to pull her marked hand away from her lips, a smile coming to her lips as she spoke, "It's going pretty well, you know, maybe planning a rescue. You're trying to free that man, right? If so, I want to help you!"

"No. Dang it!"

"Uh... How's it goin'?"

"Yeah..."

"As much as I can't believe it, we can see you. I certainly didn't expect this."

"Yeah, everything is fine. We're doing great! We were just in town, doing some shopping. We decided to come see if a prisoner was getting executed or something. Looks like one is. Lucky us!"

"So, what are you up to? Trying to get through this door?"

"No. Dang it!"

"Uh... How's it goin'?"

"Go on, then! Save her, if you dare stand in the way of justice!!"

Morte had a good laugh as the kid spewed insults towards the man. "Ain't like he's wrong! I don't even have a nose and I can still smell the crap on your tomatoes! Are you growing food or just goin' straight to manure? I can't really tell the difference!"

As the man drew the knife and grabbed the boy, Morte continued with the mockery. "Hey, you stupid yabbo! Just cause someone doesn't like your merchandise doesn't mean you pull a knife on them. The kid's right, your produce is such shit that takin' them is the only way for the costumer to get a good deal out of it! On top of the fact that you have the personality of a patch of razorvine, only twice as ugly, is probably another reason your rotten crap ain't sellin'! "

Virginia covered her mouth with a sickened sound as she noticed the slowly decomposing bodies of the former prisoners - how horrific were the people in this place that they would simply throw aside bodies like this without a proper burial? Even the executed in her world were given that right, even if the place was unmarked... Yet her mind wandered from that topic as she noticed the strange little fairy man that the blue light had transformed into, nodding as he asked if they could see him.

His next question managed to get her to pull her marked hand away from her lips, a smile coming to her lips as she spoke, "It's going pretty well, you know, maybe planning a rescue. You're trying to free that man, right? If so, I want to help you!"

Seeing the bodies of the dead scattered around reminded Grace of when she and the rest traveled with the Nameless One through the lower planes. There they however had a tendency to turn and attack. "What she's trying to say," Grace said to the fairy. "Is that we are not going to hurt you." Even so Grace had an uneasy feeling and decided to cast Detect Evil to see if there really was something in the area that did want to hurt them.

Last edited:
Having had the opportunity to sit in a pretty girls lap meant that Morte was going to stick close to Sumia for the time being. I mean Grace was way more attractive, but boy had he tried his best to smooth talk her for God knows how long.

"You really haven't been around the block have you kid?" Morte replied to Ben. In Sigil stuff like this were common place. It was terrible that stuff like that was happening but if no one cared then what was there to do?

"I've been around the block long enough, bonehead," Ben responds to Morte as he sees the man take a knife out. "And I say - he's gone too far...

YkhVSz6.jpg

... it's hero time!"

Ben smacks his watch down as a flash of green light envelopes his body. In his place, what appeared to be a living furnace appeared. One might intepret it as some bizarre armour choice, which, in essence, it was.

LMx4lAL.jpg

"NRG!"

NRG as it was called pointed a single finger at the fight as its armoured finger glowed a red hot hue briefly, causing the knife to melt into a blunt, useless weapon and the hand holding it to feel great, temporary pain from residual heat.

"Why not pick on someone your own size, old man?" the alien speaks in a strong Russian accent. "I've got the- I'm not really any kind of animal, really."

NRG ran towards the man, its metal armour clanking, before it delivers two punches upon him.

9RDEriI.jpg

"If you think me wearing this impenetratable armour is cheating, just tell me and I'll take it off," NRG laughs, "I do my fair share of fair play, even to folks like you."

NRG then speaks to Morte once more. "Hey, bonehead, don't let the rascal out of your sights, alright?"

@Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Market​

Last edited:
"I've been around the block long enough, bonehead," Ben responds to Morte as he sees the man take a knife out. "And I say - he's gone too far...

YkhVSz6.jpg

... it's hero time!"

Ben smacks his watch down as a flash of green light envelopes his body. In his place, what appeared to be a living furnace appeared.

LMx4lAL.jpg

"NRG!"

NRG as it was called pointed a single finger at the fight as its armoured finger glowed a red hot hue briefly, causing the knife to melt into a blunt, useless weapon and the hand holding it to feel great, temporary pain from residual heat.

"Why not pick on someone your own size, old man?" the alien speaks in a strong Russian accent. "I've got the- I'm not really any kind of animal, really."

NRG ran towards the man, its metal armour clanking, before it delivers two punches upon him.

9RDEriI.jpg

"If you think me wearing this impenetratable armour is cheating, just tell me and I'll take it off," NRG laughs, "I do my fair share of fair play, even to folks like you."

NRG then speaks to Morte once more. "Hey, bonehead, don't let the rascal out of your sights, alright?"

Morte looked on as Ben punched the man. "Yeesh calm down kid, we don't want murder on our hands. Then again who's this we? You did the punching, we're just innocent bystanders."

Even so Morte looked around for the kid in case he tried to give them the slip.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Market

Morte looked on as Ben punched the man. "Yeesh calm down kid, we don't want murder on our hands. Then again who's this we? You did the punching, we're just innocent bystanders."

Even so Morte looked around for the kid in case he tried to give them the slip.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Market

tNTT8Bl.jpg

"And let him do the murdering instead? No way, bonehead. Besides, I don't fancy murder."

NRG cracks its knuckles as the sound of sonorous metal was formed once more.

"But I do fancy a lot, a lot of serious buttkicking, especially on guys like him."

tNTT8Bl.jpg

"And let him do the murdering instead? No way, bonehead. Besides, I don't fancy murder."

NRG cracks its knuckles as the sound of sonorous metal was formed once more.

"But I do fancy a lot, a lot of serious buttkicking, especially on guys like him."

"Ahaha...I like your spirit, but I think you're going a little overboard, you know?"

A purple haired girl suddenly arrived with the group, a hand on her hip as she surveyed the situation. Sera wore a thin smile as she began pointing at the man's knife.

"I don't wanna let him try to stab a kid either, but it's not like the kid is blameless either. Even if what's he's stealing is, erm, garbage. Let's do this peacefully, yeah?"

Her brows furrowing, Sera seemed to concentrate as she glared at the middle aged man's knife. Solution, what was the solution here? Without that weapon, they could easily tell him to stand down through sheer numbers. While he was likely recoiling from the punches from Ben, with the disassembly method of her Cancel dream, she aimed to simply make his knife be cancelled from existence. Perhaps then he wouldn't be so eager to try to gut a kid in front of an audience.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Crow @Market​

Siegward of Catarina
@York @Ver @Tutski19 @Minerva @Town Center

"Go on, then! Save her, if you dare stand in the way of justice!!" He yelled, as though practically daring them to make a move.

This... this was not how it was supposed to happen. The poor jolly knight was hoping to defuse the situation with reason, not escalate it further! He would have stood there and pondered about what to do next, but there was no time. No time at all. The townsfolk were nudging him away, and the fire was spreading quickly. Why did it have to come to this? "No! This isn't-- what have you...?" he stammered, clearly struggling to keep his composure.

The fat judicator had insulted his knighthood, refused to listen to reason, and performed several acts of aggression. This could not stand. Siegward's lightheartedness vanished abruptly, as though it were a mask. He wrenched himself free from the grasp of the naive bystanders and proclaimed, "By the honour of the Knights of Catarina, I shan't allow you to murder a helpless woman!"

XjE48oB.png

He charged toward the executioner with his Zweihander held high, hoping to make him back away. He would then change directions suddenly, moving towards the woman. In order to reach into one of his pouches to withdraw a small throwing dagger, he held the sword in his right hand and rested it on his shoulder. He wasted no time in cutting off her bindings.

He immediately turned toward the dissent that his actions would cause.

1LDGJLu.png

"Well, I'm certainly not backing down!" he shouted, "If you all do, then... there won't be a fight." In spite of his dead serious demeanor, he sounded more sad than anything, and his breathing was audible. "Please, friends. Nobody deserves to get hurt today..."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back