Status
Not open for further replies.
tNTT8Bl.jpg

"And let him do the murdering instead? No way, bonehead. Besides, I don't fancy murder."

NRG cracks its knuckles as the sound of sonorous metal was formed once more.

"But I do fancy a lot, a lot of serious buttkicking, especially on guys like him."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Market​

"Let me dumb it down for you kid so that you'll probably get it." Morte nodded towards the man. "Fat slob who looks like he barely can lift a crate of his produce." Then he nodded towards Ben. "Huge as a house with strength to match just punched fat slob twice in gut. You see where I'm gettin' at kid? Or do you want me to dumb it down caveman style?"

Morte then looked around shifty eyed, if they hadn't stood out before he bet that they were getting looks right about now.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Market

"Ahaha...I like your spirit, but I think you're going a little overboard, you know?"

A purple haired girl suddenly arrived with the group, a hand on her hip as she surveyed the situation. Sera wore a thin smile as she began pointing at the man's knife.

"I don't wanna let him try to stab a kid either, but it's not like the kid is blameless either. Even if what's he's stealing is, erm, garbage. Let's do this peacefully, yeah?"

Her brows furrowing, Sera seemed to concentrate as she glared at the middle aged man's knife. Solution, what was the solution here? Without that weapon, they could easily tell him to stand down through sheer numbers. While he was likely recoiling from the punches from Ben, with the disassembly method of her Cancel dream, she aimed to simply make his knife be cancelled from existence. Perhaps then he wouldn't be so eager to try to gut a kid in front of an audience.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Crow @Market​
"Let me dumb it down for you kid so that you'll probably get it." Morte nodded towards the man. "Fat slob who looks like he barely can lift a crate of his produce." Then he nodded towards Ben. "Huge as a house with strength to match just punched fat slob twice in gut. You see where I'm gettin' at kid? Or do you want me to dumb it down caveman style?"

Morte then looked around shifty eyed, if they hadn't stood out before he bet that they were getting looks right about now.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Market

"Guess you all got a point, should've picked Spidermonkey for the job, and thanks for the assist, Miss," NRG responds to Sera and Morte as he halts the attacks and scratches his armoured head, then turns to the middle-aged man. "You heard them. Now scram."

With that last word, the light emerging from NRG's grilles shone brightly with a flash, before this light dumbed down to their regular state, as if his rage rose briefly during that period.

One could've sworn that threatening flames were barely leaving the grilles and licking the gaps like a tongue contouring one's lips.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @Market​

Last edited:
Looking to Lucatiel, the man glowered. "By ending her, we are releasing her soul from the grasp of black magic! There is no life left for her! Only an abyss of suffering! Suffering that is bound to spread, like an infected seed! And you will not get in the way of this!"

He charged toward the executioner with his Zweihander held high, hoping to make him back away. He would then change directions suddenly, moving towards the woman. In order to reach into one of his pouches to withdraw a small throwing dagger, he held the sword in his right hand and rested it on his shoulder. He wasted no time in cutting off her bindings.

"Well, I'm certainly not backing down!" he shouted, "If you all do, then... there won't be a fight." In spite of his dead serious demeanor, he sounded more sad than anything, and his breathing was audible. "Please, friends. Nobody deserves to get hurt today..."

The knight's bold actions impressed Soraka. She liked the knight a little better now, when she saw how he bolted into action without any second thoughts.

Soraka easily broke off from the crowd's hold over her and gracefully walked over the knight and the young girl.

She looked at the knight with a soft smile, "Be at peace, young knight, They will go no further." She watched the crowd suspiciously, prepared for anything they might do against them. "Their violence will not go unanswered," she prepared her staff and started to gather mana from the stars.

@Otto @York @Minerva @Ver @Town Center​

As Virginia, Lindel, Kokichi, Libra, and others followed the strange light outside the penitentiary, the voice gradually became louder again as they grew closer to him. Around the corner, behind the building, normally completely out of sight and mind of the normal citizens of the town, the light became visible again, floating around the area as though looking for something. The alley itself was a rather unappetizing display, with two corpses of handcuffed men dressed only in rags thrown on the floor unceremoniously, their bodies surrounded by flies and maggots. They had likely been there for days. More than likely, one could guess that they died in captivity and then were thrown out by one of the guards like garbage. To the side, there was a door -- a backdoor, even -- that led inside, but it was easy to assume that the door was locked.

Meanwhile, the glow slowly began to fade around the source of light, as though everyone's eyes were getting used to the appearance of such a strange entity. Before long, the figure took the shape of a tiny male humanoid figure, roughly six inches in height, sporting long ears and wings. His back was turned to everyone, and he began to talk to himself again.

"Eugh... Yeesh. Can't wait to get outta here... If I can even find a way through. I wonder... if I can fit through the keyhole! Could I?!"

"No. Dang it!"

It didn't seem that he noticed the group at first, until he happened to look behind him, coming face to face with everyone. And from there, the little pixie-like creature stopped, eyes wide in surprise as he froze.

tumblr_p01lny_KKd_J1vksx51o4_250.png

"Uh... Hey. You can... uh, you can see me, can't you?"

He was clearly startled by their presence. The creature maintained his pause for another moment, before braving to speak again.

"Uh... How's it goin'?"

This was a bit awkward, even if it might have only been one-sidedly.

@Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Takumi @Jeremi @Penitentiary

At the market, the man sneered as he looked over at Ben, raising an eyebrow more at his clothes than his attitude. "And just who are you supposed ta' be? Listen, you, don't butt into situations that don't concern you! That brat over there tried to steal my food! But oh, I caught him! I have ears like a hawk, and eyes like a rodent," he said, putting on an intimidating face, as if to try to make himself look animalistic to demonstrate such qualities.

hc-_BQt_Hm_QVKYRNt-_LJGk_Yw.png

"Oh, please. It's not like that shit you got there actually counts as food. May as well just be carrying around lumps of your own shit, that food's so rotten!" The boy exclaimed, rubbing the side of his face where a small bruise was apparent, "So don't worry if you thought I was just a homeless kid tryin' to fill his belly. I was sooner thinkin' I'd assassinate someone with those toxic looking tomatoes! They look good to throw if nothing else!"

"Keep that up and by the time I'm done with you, you'll bruise as easily as a tomato!" The man exclaimed, as though he already forgot Ben was there. Before the boy could even respond, the man suddenly drew a knife from his stand, walking over to the boy and holding the weapon in a less than friendly manner.

"Actually, in fact... I think I know just what to do with you!" He said, reaching down to grab the boy by his collar, to which he tried in vain to resist. Gasping in shock as all she could think to do was watch in the back with Sumia, Miki shielded Yuki's eyes, not wanting her to see this violent display, even if her mind might have... interpreted it a different way.

To say the least, the situation elevated rather quickly.

All the while, the people at the market just kept coming and going, barely even giving nervous glances at the situation as they passed by in the meantime.

@Crow @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Market

"Wh--?!" The man at the middle of the crowd exclaimed, stopping in surprise as Siegward stepped in, followed by Astolfo, Soraka, and Lucatiel's following interventions. The crowd also quickly died down as they appeared, murmuring in confusion and concern as they wondered just what was going on now, all the while Constantine stood to the side, uncomfortably scratching his head.

"Ah, bollocks... And I was just jokin' about the public execution thing. Wanted to have a damned giggle, but... hard cheese," the blonde mumbled to himself. He started to get weird looks as well, as his clothes and cigarette started to stick out, not that he seemed to visibly care.

"What is the meaning of this heresy?! Who are you people, and what right have you to determine this mindless wench's fate?!" He yelled upon recovering from the shock of their appearance, pointing a bony finger at Siegward and Astolfo, "You are no royal knight! Why are you dressed like that? Are you here to make a mockery of the kingdom?!" He barked, before shaking his head at their words.

"Doesn't need to die? Take a gander upon her! If you would refute death as a means of salvation for this cursed wench, then let her defend herself!" He continued, pointing next to the woman herself. As the group took a better look at the woman herself, it soon became clear that... she was not capable of defending herself.

Her eyes were wide and curious, like a wild animal or an infant, and her gaze was aimless, uncomfortably looking around, all the while sputtering and moaning in confusion, as though she did not know what was going on. She held enough intelligence at the very least to know that hers was an undesirable situation, subtly squirming against her binds that kept her tied to the post, but she held little more in her mind that could be called "intelligence," as it seemed she couldn't even speak coherent words.

"Buh... N-Nngh... Uhh..."

In short, she truly had lost her mind. But the question was how she truly lost it. It couldn't have been the brand by itself, after all, not that the man and the rest of the crowd were very aware of that.

Looking to Lucatiel, the man glowered. "By ending her, we are releasing her soul from the grasp of black magic! There is no life left for her! Only an abyss of suffering! Suffering that is bound to spread, like an infected seed! And you will not get in the way of this!"

From there, people in the crowd began to walk forward, attempting to grab everyone and pull them away from the scene, hoping to keep them from further interrupting the show, as the man defiantly raised his torch once again and touched the bundle of sticks with it, setting it on fire and watching it slowly make its way up to the woman, who began squirming harder and helplessly screamed in fear.

"Go on, then! Save her, if you dare stand in the way of justice!!" He yelled, as though practically daring them to make a move.

@York @Tutski19 @Otto @Minerva @Town Center
"Things are going quite well, considering the circumstances." Sebastian stated with a grin while Ciel remained silent for the time being. "Perhaps you could provide us with your name?"

@Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @Jeremi @Alex Azure @Yun Lee

As Virginia, Lindel, Kokichi, Libra, and others followed the strange light outside the penitentiary, the voice gradually became louder again as they grew closer to him. Around the corner, behind the building, normally completely out of sight and mind of the normal citizens of the town, the light became visible again, floating around the area as though looking for something. The alley itself was a rather unappetizing display, with two corpses of handcuffed men dressed only in rags thrown on the floor unceremoniously, their bodies surrounded by flies and maggots. They had likely been there for days. More than likely, one could guess that they died in captivity and then were thrown out by one of the guards like garbage. To the side, there was a door -- a backdoor, even -- that led inside, but it was easy to assume that the door was locked.

Meanwhile, the glow slowly began to fade around the source of light, as though everyone's eyes were getting used to the appearance of such a strange entity. Before long, the figure took the shape of a tiny male humanoid figure, roughly six inches in height, sporting long ears and wings. His back was turned to everyone, and he began to talk to himself again.

"Eugh... Yeesh. Can't wait to get outta here... If I can even find a way through. I wonder... if I can fit through the keyhole! Could I?!"

"No. Dang it!"

It didn't seem that he noticed the group at first, until he happened to look behind him, coming face to face with everyone. And from there, the little pixie-like creature stopped, eyes wide in surprise as he froze.

He was clearly startled by their presence. The creature maintained his pause for another moment, before braving to speak again.

"Uh... How's it goin'?"

@Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Takumi @Jeremi @Penitentiary

At the market, the man sneered as he looked over at Ben, raising an eyebrow more at his clothes than his attitude. "And just who are you supposed ta' be? Listen, you, don't butt into situations that don't concern you! That brat over there tried to steal my food! But oh, I caught him! I have ears like a hawk, and eyes like a rodent," he said, putting on an intimidating face, as if to try to make himself look animalistic to demonstrate such qualities.

"Oh, please. It's not like that shit you got there actually counts as food. May as well just be carrying around lumps of your own shit, that food's so rotten!" The boy exclaimed, rubbing the side of his face where a small bruise was apparent, "So don't worry if you thought I was just a homeless kid tryin' to fill his belly. I was sooner thinkin' I'd assassinate someone with those toxic looking tomatoes! They look good to throw if nothing else!"

"Keep that up and by the time I'm done with you, you'll bruise as easily as a tomato!" The man exclaimed, as though he already forgot Ben was there. Before the boy could even respond, the man suddenly drew a knife from his stand, walking over to the boy and holding the weapon in a less than friendly manner.

"Actually, in fact... I think I know just what to do with you!" He said, reaching down to grab the boy by his collar, to which he tried in vain to resist. Gasping in shock as all she could think to do was watch in the back with Sumia, Miki shielded Yuki's eyes, not wanting her to see this violent display, even if her mind might have... interpreted it a different way.

All the while, the people at the market just kept coming and going, barely even giving nervous glances at the situation as they passed by in the meantime.

"Wh--?!" The man at the middle of the crowd exclaimed, stopping in surprise as Siegward stepped in, followed by Astolfo, Soraka, and Lucatiel's following interventions. The crowd also quickly died down as they appeared, murmuring in confusion and concern as they wondered just what was going on now, all the while Constantine stood to the side, uncomfortably scratching his head.

"Ah, bollocks... And I was just jokin' about the public execution thing. Wanted to have a damned giggle, but... hard cheese," the blonde mumbled to himself. He started to get weird looks as well, as his clothes and cigarette started to stick out, not that he seemed to visibly care.

"What is the meaning of this heresy?! Who are you people, and what right have you to determine this mindless wench's fate?!" He yelled upon recovering from the shock of their appearance, pointing a bony finger at Siegward and Astolfo, "You are no royal knight! Why are you dressed like that? Are you here to make a mockery of the kingdom?!" He barked, before shaking his head at their words.

"Doesn't need to die? Take a gander upon her! If you would refute death as a means of salvation for this cursed wench, then let her defend herself!" He continued, pointing next to the woman herself. As the group took a better look at the woman herself, it soon became clear that... she was not capable of defending herself.

Her eyes were wide and curious, like a wild animal or an infant, and her gaze was aimless, uncomfortably looking around, all the while sputtering and moaning in confusion, as though she did not know what was going on. She held enough intelligence at the very least to know that hers was an undesirable situation, subtly squirming against her binds that kept her tied to the post, but she held little more in her mind that could be called "intelligence," as it seemed she couldn't even speak coherent words.

In short, she truly had lost her mind. But the question was how she truly lost it. It couldn't have been the brand by itself, after all, not that the man and the rest of the crowd were very aware of that.

From there, people in the crowd began to walk forward, attempting to grab everyone and pull them away from the scene, hoping to keep them from further interrupting the show, as the man defiantly raised his torch once again and touched the bundle of sticks with it, setting it on fire and watching it slowly make its way up to the woman, who began squirming harder and helplessly screamed in fear.

"Go on, then! Save her, if you dare stand in the way of justice!!" He yelled, as though practically daring them to make a move.

"So far this place is worse of then the towns I've visited." Lindel shook hid head with a click of his tongue, before addresing the fairy along with the rest, his gaze having lingered on the bodys with a look of mild disgust. Seeing mythical creatures every day, he wasn't at all surprised at the little fairy like being. He was a bit amused at the way it reacted to being seen.

"It's as my friend and aquaintances have said, we mean you no harm. As for the door, I can at least try to get the open, though a bit of insight in the situation would be nice." he offered. If it'll work, well that he was unsure of, but he at least wanted to know why exactly the little guy was so desperate to get in there, as well as if it had to do with the man they'd seen dragged into the building and ig he was who they were looking for.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Khan of the Mardu

"U-Uh, how'd you... know that?" The pixie blinked in response to Virginia and Kokichi, wondering if he had been that obvious before. Of course, if he didn't expect to even be noticed at all, considering that the crowd from back there didn't, maybe he just didn't think about it before. His expression, stiffened as it was despite how he tried to hide it, loosened up a bit to Grace's words as well. It seemed that he believed their words easily enough.

Speaking of Grace, when she cast her spell, there didn't seem to be anything in the immediate area that would be out to harm them. Aside from the group and the pixie-looking entity, as well as the flies and maggots atop the corpses, there didn't seem to be anything even living back here.

When Sebastian asked for the creature's name, a smile crept on his lips as he haughtily placed his hands on his hips.

H4uibz_Gd_SQyr_PMx_RNizy_Xg.png

"Name's Puck! Short and simple, so don't go forgetting it! I'm an elf, y'see. Well, specifically a pisky, but... details, details!" He exclaimed, dismissively waving his hand at the air, before continuing, "Normally, I can only be seen by people with open minds! In essence, the only people who can see me are the kind of people who would wanna see me! Thus, all the religious nuts in here can't see me."

Puck's expression, after a while, melted from a haughty smile into a state of puzzlement though, as he raised an eyebrow. "In any case... Not that I have that much time to spend bein' wishy-washy or don't appreciate the thought, but why do you wanna help me? You don't look like you're from around here with that get-up, and here you are, talking to an elf like me talking about freeing a prisoner! What's up with that?!"

@Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Takumi @Penitentiary

At the market, as Ben transformed, the shopkeeper's eyes widened in horror as he quickly backed off from the boy at the sight of NRG, backing into the wall and attempting to point his knife at Ben for all the good that it might have done, before being rendered completely helpless when Sera erased it right from under his nose. When prompted by Ben to scram, he inched to the side, eyes never leaving NRG, before breaking into a run away from the area. "Y-You won't get away with this! Witches!! Witches in my market!!" He yelled as he ran off.

Despite Ben's hasty transformation, other than the horrified shopkeep and the bewildered boy, one thing quickly became apparent; this was not normal. The civilians kept walking past the group casually, as though not noticing or caring of the juggernaut's presence. Perhaps one might have been able to guess something was off even before the transformation, considering Morte's appearance, but now it was just uncanny how little mind they were paying the group. It was almost as though they were in a trace, and some could even consider it rather unsettling.

In any case, the boy, on the other hand, rather than terrified at NRG, simply remained bewildered, eyes wide as he looked upon the group who, for all intents and purposes, should have stuck out like a sore thumb, and yet, didn't, in the eyes of the surrounding crowd. "Wh... Who the hell are you guys?! What's with those powers?! A-Are you guys really witches or something?!"

Then... the boy blinked, before scrambling to his feet and running to the now empty booth, grabbing the entire box of rotten tomatoes and other fruits. To anyone else, stealing the food would have quickly became an afterthought, but for whatever reason, it was still something he had the mind to do.

"Score! I just needed a few, but with this much, I can cork those self-righteous bastards! And then he'll just have to let me travel with him!" The boy exclaimed to himself with an impish grin, before looking at the group again, his smile disappearing and morphing into an awkward expression, "... Actually, you're really not from around here, are you?"

Miki_1020_copy.png

Meanwhile, Miki was still reeling over a bit from what just happened.

"B-Ben-san... Could you please transform back now? I-I... don't like it when you do that..."

For all one knew, she probably still had trauma over Wildmutt.

@Crow @Jeremi @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Market

"A pity for religious men to close their minds to all else..." Rather than dwell on that, though, Libra decided to cut right to the chase. "Do you happen to know the man they brought inside? What was he arrested for?"

---

"No, we aren't witches...though I do know one or two..." Tharja and Henry would probably be right at home in a place like this. "But we just wanted to help! You're okay, right?"

@Ver @Crow @Jeremi @Kaykay @Yun Lee@Atomic Knight @Market

"U-Uh, how'd you... know that?" The pixie blinked in response to Virginia and Kokichi, wondering if he had been that obvious before. Of course, if he didn't expect to even be noticed at all, considering that the crowd from back there didn't, maybe he just didn't think about it before. His expression, stiffened as it was despite how he tried to hide it, loosened up a bit to Grace's words as well. It seemed that he believed their words easily enough.

Speaking of Grace, when she cast her spell, there didn't seem to be anything in the immediate area that would be out to harm them. Aside from the group and the pixie-looking entity, as well as the flies and maggots atop the corpses, there didn't seem to be anything even living back here.

When Sebastian asked for the creature's name, a smile crept on his lips as he haughtily placed his hands on his hips.

H4uibz_Gd_SQyr_PMx_RNizy_Xg.png

"Name's Puck! Short and simple, so don't go forgetting it! I'm an elf, y'see. Well, specifically a pisky, but... details, details!" He exclaimed, dismissively waving his hand at the air, before continuing, "Normally, I can only be seen by people with open minds! In essence, the only people who can see me are the kind of people who would wanna see me! Thus, all the religious nuts in here can't see me."

Puck's expression, after a while, melted from a haughty smile into a state of puzzlement though, as he raised an eyebrow. "In any case... Not that I have that much time to spend bein' wishy-washy or don't appreciate the thought, but why do you wanna help me? You don't look like you're from around here with that get-up, and here you are, talking to an elf like me talking about freeing a prisoner! What's up with that?!"

@Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Takumi @Penitentiary

At the market, as Ben transformed, the shopkeeper's eyes widened in horror as he quickly backed off from the boy at the sight of NRG, backing into the wall and attempting to point his knife at Ben for all the good that it might have done, before being rendered completely helpless when Sera erased it right from under his nose. When prompted by Ben to scram, he inched to the side, eyes never leaving NRG, before breaking into a run away from the area. "Y-You won't get away with this! Witches!! Witches in my market!!" He yelled as he ran off.

Despite Ben's hasty transformation, other than the horrified shopkeep and the bewildered boy, one thing quickly became apparent; this was not normal. The civilians kept walking past the group casually, as though not noticing or caring of the juggernaut's presence. Perhaps one might have been able to guess something was off even before the transformation, considering Morte's appearance, but now it was just uncanny how little mind they were paying the group. It was almost as though they were in a trace, and some could even consider it rather unsettling.

In any case, the boy, on the other hand, rather than terrified at NRG, simply remained bewildered, eyes wide as he looked upon the group who, for all intents and purposes, should have stuck out like a sore thumb, and yet, didn't, in the eyes of the surrounding crowd. "Wh... Who the hell are you guys?! What's with those powers?! A-Are you guys really witches or something?!"

Then... the boy blinked, before scrambling to his feet and running to the now empty booth, grabbing the entire box of rotten tomatoes and other fruits. To anyone else, stealing the food would have quickly became an afterthought, but for whatever reason, it was still something he had the mind to do.

"Score! I just needed a few, but with this much, I can cork those self-righteous bastards! And then he'll just have to let me travel with him!" The boy exclaimed to himself with an impish grin, before looking at the group again, his smile disappearing and morphing into an awkward expression, "... Actually, you're really not from around here, are you?"

Miki_1020_copy.png

"B-Ben-san... Could you please transform back now? I-I... don't like it when you do that..."

Grace was glad to know that there didn't seem to be any threats nearby. "Well, Puck, it is a pleasure too meet you." Grace replied informing the others about the results of her spell. "We also do not have to worry about any immediate threats, if the spell I conjured is any indication. Unless of course any foes could mask themselves from my detection, which considering our circumstances I wouldn't put it past them."

"Kid, do we look like witches to you?" The annoyance in Morte's voice was evident as he spoke. As the boy said something about travel Morte's focused turned to that. "Guy? What's a guy need a bunch a rotten fruit for?"

"No. Dang it!"

"Uh... How's it goin'?"

Siegward of Catarina
@York @Ver @Tutski19 @Minerva @Town Center

This... this was not how it was supposed to happen. The poor jolly knight was hoping to defuse the situation with reason, not escalate it further! He would have stood there and pondered about what to do next, but there was no time. No time at all. The townsfolk were nudging him away, and the fire was spreading quickly. Why did it have to come to this? "No! This isn't-- what have you...?" he stammered, clearly struggling to keep his composure.

The fat judicator had insulted his knighthood, refused to listen to reason, and performed several acts of aggression. This could not stand. Siegward's lightheartedness vanished abruptly, as though it were a mask. He wrenched himself free from the grasp of the naive bystanders and proclaimed, "By the honour of the Knights of Catarina, I shan't allow you to murder a helpless woman!"

XjE48oB.png

He charged toward the executioner with his Zweihander held high, hoping to make him back away. He would then change directions suddenly, moving towards the woman. In order to reach into one of his pouches to withdraw a small throwing dagger, he held the sword in his right hand and rested it on his shoulder. He wasted no time in cutting off her bindings.

He immediately turned toward the dissent that his actions would cause.

1LDGJLu.png

"Well, I'm certainly not backing down!" he shouted, "If you all do, then... there won't be a fight." In spite of his dead serious demeanor, he sounded more sad than anything, and his breathing was audible. "Please, friends. Nobody deserves to get hurt today..."

The knight's bold actions impressed Soraka. She liked the knight a little better now, when she saw how he bolted into action without any second thoughts.

Soraka easily broke off from the crowd's hold over her and gracefully walked over the knight and the young girl.

She looked at the knight with a soft smile, "Be at peace, young knight, They will go no further." She watched the crowd suspiciously, prepared for anything they might do against them. "Their violence will not go unanswered," she prepared her staff and started to gather mana from the stars.

@Otto @York @Minerva @Ver @Town Center​

The young Paladin would struggle for a second in the hands of the crowd. His small figure would be easily overpowered by the many people grabbing him. He eventually mustered some of his power as a Heroic Spirit and broke free using Heroic Spirit magic and Physics. Finally, he stood next to Soraka and Siegward. He pulled out a small horn and held it in his hand.

s9e8NFY.jpg

"I can support you guys." The excitable young knight said. "Trap of Argalia!" A lance appeared in his free hand.

@York @Ver @Lucky

Josh

After a night of wallowing in self-pity and sleeping, but not as most would think in a sexual way, Josh would stare at the route and followed the group to the asylum and then proceed to follow them even further to chase after the fairy. " At this point, nothing astounds me... so, wait, you're a pixie named Puck?.... I am pretty sure I lost my mind, but sure, I will go it with, Cochise," he said, mostly speaking to himself.

@Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Takumi @Ver @Penitentiary

Mike

Mike took a deep breath and after a restless night sleep, he travelled to the town center. He quickly realized that they were going for crowd control and as Astoflo summoned her lance, he decided to do an old trick he had learned back when he was playing with his lighter, pulling it in his sleeve, leaving enough room to play with the trigger and make it look like he was holding in his hand. He lit it and held it in his hand, giving the illusion that he was controlling the fire. Hopefully, that would either amaze them or confuse them.

@York @Ver @Otto @Tutski19 @Town Center

Iz2_W0f_PQ1_K6_Syqa-v3t4_Q.png

"What was he arrested for? Well..." Puck began to trail off sheepishly in response to Libra, scratching his head, "See, it was just bad luck that we happened to travel near a town full of religious zealots like these folk! My uh, friend... He carries a little brand on the back of his neck, as does his lady friend, you see! And when the guards found him traveling through the plains, they caught 'em by surprise and put them down, and strung up the girl, thinking she was a real witch! Since they don't see me and all that, I guess it's up to me to save them, especially since they're planning on burning her at the stake! As for Guts, -- that's his name -- they think he's under her influence so they figured they'd just hold him until her spell wore off!"

"From there, I tried figuring out a plan on how to get him out of his cell -- no doubt they've already locked him in one -- and that's when I ran into you guys!" Puck explained. Sighing to take a breath, he crossed his arms helplessly, as though beginning to resign in defeat.

"It's hard enough to interact with the world when people generally don't notice you, but I was hoping to at least perform some kind of miracle for him! Like, I dunno, summon a great storm upon 'em! Or... what, make the backdoor suddenly opened out of nowhere? Who was I kidding?"

And then the backdoor suddenly opened out of nowhere.

"... Oh."

From the backdoor came a guard, hoisting an unresponsive body over his shoulder -- likely another corpse -- walking down the steps and throwing the dead body onto the pile without a care, muttering to himself like it was merely a chore. Sporting a key ring around his waist, he certainly looked like a convenient figure to bump into.

"Ohh, make room for the new prisoner... Just dump the old ones out, they say..." He mouthed lowly, seeming to mock whoever gave him the order, "How 'bout you build a fokin' bigger prison..." He continued, before wiping his hands off each other and turning around, only to notice the group (except for Puck), stopping where he was and staring blankly at everyone.

"... Can I help you lot?" He asked gruffly.

@Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Alex Azure @Takumi @Raptor Jesus @Penitentiary

Looking at Sumia, and then to Sera, the boy's expression suddenly softened once again (his mood seemed rather easy to change by the second), a somewhat creepy smile tugging at his lips as he looked upon the girls with a dreamy expression.

6ax1n_Lo3_Q56hl3_Dx_YOp_SYw.png

"I'm just fine now, babe... thanks to you guys..."

He didn't look at Ben or Morte when he said that.

When Morte asked what he'd even need the rotten food for, the boy shook his head, snapping himself out it and clearing his throat. "I... I need these! They're gonna burn an innocent woman at the stake, and if I save her by distracting the crowd with these lumps of crap long enough for him to get free from prison, he's surely gonna let me travel along with him then!!"

Miki_132_copy.png

Miki, along with the others as she'd hope, was rather perplexed by the boy's mannerisms.

"U-Um... Who exactly is this man you're talking about?"

"Huuh? What do you mean? I'm talkin' about the legendary Black Swordsman!! And once he takes me in, I'm gonna be his apprentice! And I'll become just as big and strong as he is one day!"

The teenaged boy was not any taller than five feet. He wasn't going to get significantly bigger any time soon.

@Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Market

As Siegward freed the woman from her binds, safely getting her away from the burning bundle, the crowd gasped in shock at the absolute gall of it. To forcefully free such a cursed woman, or so they believed... It was an unspeakable act. They stood there, even the ringleader of it all, stunned initially by the bravado of it, mumbling amongst themselves in disbelief.

Sighing as things got escalated, even though he figured he should have expected things to end up like this, Constantine pursed his lips.

0y_Nf5_VVBTs_GY14vc_Ry4_Wfg.png

"Bloody hell..."

How this was gonna end, the man wasn't sure if he wanted to find out, but he had little choice.

As Astolfo summoned his lance and Soraka prepared her staff, the surrounding civilians became all the more alarmed, scattered gasps of whether or not they were also witches if they were able to conjure things up with the use of magic on a whim as well. Mike's fire illusion on top of that served to ignite even more reactions from the crowd, before a voice from the crowd yelled something out.

"They're witches too! Or they've been touched by the witch! God will smite you heretics!"

Despite Siegward's hopes, the crowd began to turn less confused and bewildered, and more disgruntled, advancing toward everyone now, some of the citizens holding pitchforks that they began pointing at everyone, likely with the intent to harm. One of them pushed Constantine toward the rest of the group, lumping him in with the others.

"No need to wait for God! Let's do it ourselves!"

"These outsiders... They must have been sent from Hell to save their own brethren!"

@Minerva @Lucky @Tutski19 @Otto @Town Center

This was as good a chance as any to make a move. But if they were going to, they needed to act fast. Libra would glance at the others, giving a look that said, "follow my lead." Covering his brand with his hand, Libra gulped, but smiled. Please let this work... "Greetings, sir. I am a priest, and was wondering if I could try and assist in purifying the prisoner. To be under a witch's curse is a terrible burden. In fact, I...I fear for his immortal soul."

Oh Gods, please forgive me for all these lies and deceit...

@Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Yun Lee@Lucky @Alex Azure @Takumi @Raptor Jesus @Penitentiary

---

"Um..." That boy was a little too young for that kind of talk...but wait! What did he say? "Black Swordsman? We're looking for one of those! Could you lead us to him?"

@Ver @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Market

"What was he arrested for? Well..." Puck began to trail off sheepishly in response to Libra, scratching his head, "See, it was just bad luck that we happened to travel near a town full of religious zealots like these folk! My uh, friend... He carries a little brand on the back of his neck, as does his lady friend, you see! And when the guards found him traveling through the plains, they caught 'em by surprise and put them down, and strung up the girl, thinking she was a real witch! Since they don't see me and all that, I guess it's up to me to save them, especially since they're planning on burning her at the stake! As for Guts, -- that's his name -- they think he's under her influence so they figured they'd just hold him until her spell wore off!"

"From there, I tried figuring out a plan on how to get him out of his cell -- no doubt they've already locked him in one -- and that's when I ran into you guys!" Puck explained. Sighing to take a breath, he crossed his arms helplessly, as though beginning to resign in defeat.

"It's hard enough to interact with the world when people generally don't notice you, but I was hoping to at least perform some kind of miracle for him! Like, I dunno, summon a great storm upon 'em! Or... what, make the backdoor suddenly opened out of nowhere? Who was I kidding?"

"... Oh."

From the backdoor came a guard, hoisting an unresponsive body over his shoulder -- likely another corpse -- walking down the steps and throwing the dead body onto the pile without a care, muttering to himself like it was merely a chore. Sporting a key ring around his waist, he certainly looked like a convenient figure to bump into.

"Ohh, make room for the new prisoner... Just dump the old ones out, they say..." He mouthed lowly, seeming to mock whoever gave him the order, "How 'bout you build a fokin' bigger prison..." He continued, before wiping his hands off each other and turning around, only to notice the group (except for Puck), stopping where he was and staring blankly at everyone.

@Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Alex Azure @Takumi @Raptor Jesus @Penitentiary

Looking at Sumia, and then to Sera, the boy's expression suddenly softened once again (his mood seemed rather easy to change by the second), a somewhat creepy smile tugging at his lips as he looked upon the girls with a dreamy expression.

When Morte asked what he'd even need the rotten food for, the boy shook his head, snapping himself out it and clearing his throat. "I... I need these! They're gonna burn an innocent woman at the stake, and if I save her by distracting the crowd with these lumps of crap long enough for him to get free from prison, he's surely gonna let me travel along with him then!!"

Miki_132_copy.png

Miki, along with the others as she'd hope, was rather perplexed by the boy's mannerisms.

"Huuh? What do you mean? I'm talkin' about the legendary Black Swordsman!! And once he takes me in, I'm gonna be his apprentice! And I'll become just as big and strong as he is one day!"

The teenaged boy was not any taller than five feet. He wasn't going to get significantly bigger any time soon.

As Siegward freed the woman from her binds, safely getting her away from the burning bundle, the crowd gasped in shock at the absolute gall of it. To forcefully free such a cursed woman, or so they believed... It was an unspeakable act. They stood there, even the ringleader of it all, stunned initially by the bravado of it, mumbling amongst themselves in disbelief.

Sighing as things got escalated, even though he figured he should have expected things to end up like this, Constantine pursed his lips.

"Bloody hell..."

How this was gonna end, the man wasn't sure if he wanted to find out, but he had little choice.

As Astolfo summoned his lance and Soraka prepared her staff, the surrounding civilians became all the more alarmed, scattered gasps of whether or not they were also witches if they were able to conjure things up with the use of magic on a whim as well. Mike's fire illusion on top of that served to ignite even more reactions from the crowd, before a voice from the crowd yelled something out.

"They're witches too! Or they've been touched by the witch! God will smite you heretics!"

Despite Siegward's hopes, the crowd began to turn less confused and bewildered, and more disgruntled, advancing toward everyone now, some of the citizens holding pitchforks that they began pointing at everyone, likely with the intent to harm. One of them pushed Constantine toward the rest of the group, lumping him in with the others.

"These outsiders... They must have been sent from Hell to save their own brethren!"

A brand? "Does it look like this?" Grace asked showing her own brand to Puck. "We ran afoul some powerful deities earlier and were branded like cattle, perhaps all of this is connected somehow?"

As she spoke the guard came out to question them. Grace was quick to hide the mark again before he could see it. "We were just admiring the hard work you perform to this town," Came her response while flashing him a pretty smile. "We were also wondering if we could perchance have a look at the witches thrall you have locked up inside? I'm a healer of minds and bodies, and being taken over by a witch is such a dreadful affair, but perhaps I have something that can free his minds from their shackles?" Grace was a charming and charismatic person after all due to her heritage, perhaps the man might be too spell struck to argue?

"I admire your moxie, kid. But I think you'll need a whole lot more than rotten fruit to save your gal." The prospect of yet another attractive woman was too much to pass up. "So I don't suppose you can show me- us, where that 'witch' is getting lynched."

"... Oh."

Miki_132_copy.png

"Bloody hell..."

@Tutski19 @Otto @Lucky
"W-Wait! I'm Astolfo, a Paladin of Charlema-" He said before he was cut off. He sighed and decided that they would have to perform Crowd Control. He didn't want to kill anyone, just put the crowd back, or disarm them long enough to escape. "LA BLACK LUNA!" He shouted.

La_Black_Luna_Apocrypha.gif

The horn formed into a larger instrument around him. He blew into it, causing a shockwave that would be able to push people back and disorient them. It sounded somewhat like the roar of a dragon.

Astolfo would then whistle for his Hippogriff.

"... Oh."

Miki_132_copy.png

"Bloody hell..."

This was as good a chance as any to make a move. But if they were going to, they needed to act fast. Libra would glance at the others, giving a look that said, "follow my lead." Covering his brand with his hand, Libra gulped, but smiled. Please let this work... "Greetings, sir. I am a priest, and was wondering if I could try and assist in purifying the prisoner. To be under a witch's curse is a terrible burden. In fact, I...I fear for his immortal soul."

Oh Gods, please forgive me for all these lies and deceit...

@Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Yun Lee@Lucky @Alex Azure @Takumi @Raptor Jesus @Penitentiary

---

"Um..." That boy was a little too young for that kind of talk...but wait! What did he say? "Black Swordsman? We're looking for one of those! Could you lead us to him?"

"Yes, in fact, we have come to see if anything could be done for the poor man." Lindel added, moving to stand beside Libra. He kept his hands hidden in his clothes, but smiled nonetheless as he played along with the lie.

@Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Alex Azure @Raptor Jesus @Penitentiary

Josh

Josh quickly caught onto to what the others were doing and covered his own brand by placing his hands in his pocket. " Yes, that is exactly what my priest wants to do. I'm his altar boy... he's been very good to me and we love to help any poor souls inflicted by the horrible brand," he said, holding the lie and hoping they couldn't question all of them.

@Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Penitentiary

Mike

Mike groaned, hoping that he didn't have to harm them, but gently went for his gun just in case. He hoped that Astfolo's attack would be enough to damage them or send them back and not make them angrier. He knew non-fatal shoots, but he preferred to not hurt living things.... for now.

@Otto @Tutski19 @Minerva @Ver @Town Center

Both Ciel and Sebastian had been silent throughout their conversation with the pixie boy, who apparently went by the name 'Puck.' When Libra revealed himself as a priest, Ciel decided to play along.

ciel-phantomhive--31.jpg

"...Yes. My... brother and I here are respected members of our church's congregation." Ciel said, faking a small smile to hopefully further sell their story.

latest

"Indeed. We do hope you do not mind the intrusion. You have our sincerest apologies." Sebastian said to the guard politely with unwavering confidence.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi

Miki_1020_copy.png

Miki_132_copy.png

"Bloody hell..."

9RDEriI.jpg

"Well, do I sound like a witch to you?" NRG asks the young boy. "At least say I'm a wizard or something. Yeesh."

"Not now, Miki, we need to get away from the- oh, right," NRG says as he smacks the emblem on his chest, reverting back to normal.

iyL4cjt.jpg

"Witch trials? Where are we? Salem? It's good to know that I'm still in America... a bunch of centuries ago... I think," Ben says as he frowns for a bit. "No need to steal, kid, I've got just the alien to distract a crowd. Besides, your plan sounds a bit... risky. Lead the way, show us where the witch trials are."

Ben looks at the rotten food the boy had

o8qC8uY.jpg

"... you know what? Just keep whatever rotten food you have for the time being. We might need it. But... try not to steal again next time, alright?"

Ben turns to Sumia and says, "Prison's probably torture in a place like this, but so is getting burned at a stake. I feel that the lady at the stake is a slightly greater priority than the Black Swordsman for the time being."

Last edited:
g5_Uh_MDev_QPeju69_Pd_Oe5k_Q.png

"..."

Puck fell silent as Grace showed the brand to him, an almost crestfallen expression evident on his face as he saw it. "So... you were marked too? Is that why you wanted to help him? To think that there were others out there with that... Does everyone else here also have it too?" He asked, before the group then went on to try to smooth things over with the guard.

The guard gave a tired look at everyone, barely able to raise an eyebrow at all of them. "... Huh? You're all from the church? You don't look like you're from around here..." He said, idly scratching his head (or at least, trying to through his helmet), as though mildly perplexed, "If you're here for the prisoner, he's right in there. But... Why didn't you take the front instead? Unless..." He began, holding his chin as his eyes narrowed almost suspiciously, and then...

"Ugh, whatever. I can understand wanting to avoid that kind of crowd. Go talk to him if you want, I don't give a rat's ass. The sooner you get it over with, the sooner we can get rid of him either way, whether he's exorcised or not. Haha, imagine me, being able to say I slew a guy as big as that! Of course, if you can't exorcise him..." He laughed, discarding his earlier thought and just letting them in. They probably didn't pay him enough to care more than he usually did anyway.

The inside of the building was dark and dirty, the smell of rot and waste permeating the air, all the while maggots and other bugs crawled about. Most of the guards seemed to be lounging around in the front of the building, not noticing the group. Their attention was drawn when another guard walked through the front door, looking to the others. "Civilians are reporting disturbances in both the market and the town center! Outsiders have come to interrupt the execution, and are causing discord in the market! Let's go, troops!"

With that, most of them hustled out, while about one or two stayed behind to guard the front entrance. Not seeming to care about what was going on outside, muttering to himself, the guard the group came in with took his key from his belt and led them to the cell that held the branded man, who was chained to the walls and propped up. Unlocking the cell, he opened the door, allowing everyone to walk in.

"I'll give you a few minutes. Don't take too long now."

And then, he turned his back on everyone from there.

tumblr_p1pbj3c_Qx_T1u7f1afo1_540.jpg

Inside the cell, the branded man kept his head down, his body beaten and bruised. In place of where one of his arms should have been was a completely mechanical arm, made of metal. He barely seemed to acknowledge the group, but it was evident he was conscious, his eyes staring intently at the ground.

@Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Lucky @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Penitentiary

Ixz5BH1CQHacYlRuY-Z_gg.png

"America? Never heard of that kingdom before. You sure you got your head on right?" The boy only said in response to Ben, before turning toward Sumia and Morte, giving a confident grin to the former of the two, "Ohoho, you wanna meet him too, huh? Don't worry about him for now! I sent uh... a friend of his to help him out, and I trust him with my life! I sorta have to because a very slim chance of living is better than no chance of all..."

He cleared his throat, before continuing again. "These rotten foods are good for nothin' but hurtin'! And that's exactly what I plan on doing to the people who wanna lay a hand on an innocent lady! Tell you what, if you guys are lookin' for ol' Guts, the Black Swordsman himself, then I'll take ya to him after you help me save the girl! Name's Isidro, and I--"

"Hey, you outsiders! Stay right there!" The voice of a guard called out from behind, pointing menacingly at them, sticking out well amidst a group of unsettlingly apathetic (or entranced) civilians, "A local shopkeeper gave a tip that you people are causing a ruckus!"

"--am outta here! Follow me if you're serious about this! We need to get there fast, or we're toast!" The boy who introduced himself as Isidro exclaimed, making a break for it with the box of rotten fruits in his hands, running toward the town center.

"W-Wait a minute, running only makes us look guilty! Oh... This is a bad ideaaaa!" Miki exclaimed, taking Yuki's hand and running after him.

@Atomic Knight @Crow @Jeremi @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Market -> Town Center

Ixz5BH1CQHacYlRuY-Z_gg.png

"America? Never heard of that kingdom before. You sure you got your head on right?" The boy only said in response to Ben, before turning toward Sumia and Morte, giving a confident grin to the former of the two, "Ohoho, you wanna meet him too, huh? Don't worry about him for now! I sent uh... a friend of his to help him out, and I trust him with my life! I sorta have to because a very slim chance of living is better than no chance of all..."

He cleared his throat, before continuing again. "These rotten foods are good for nothin' but hurtin'! And that's exactly what I plan on doing to the people who wanna lay a hand on an innocent lady! Tell you what, if you guys are lookin' for ol' Guts, the Black Swordsman himself, then I'll take ya to him after you help me save the girl! Name's Isidro, and I--"

"Hey, you outsiders! Stay right there!" The voice of a guard called out from behind, pointing menacingly at them, sticking out well amidst a group of unsettlingly apathetic (or entranced) civilians, "A local shopkeeper gave a tip that you people are causing a ruckus!"

"--am outta here! Follow me if you're serious about this! We need to get there fast, or we're toast!" The boy who introduced himself as Isidro exclaimed, making a break for it with the box of rotten fruits in his hands, running toward the town center.

"W-Wait a minute, running only makes us look guilty! Oh... This is a bad ideaaaa!" Miki exclaimed, taking Yuki's hand and running after him.

qVSiSmx.jpg

"I probably shouldn't have let him scram," Ben says as he begins to run with the group. As he does, he begins to dial an alien.

"Jetray... Fasttrack... wait, no, instead of making me faster, why not I make them slower!"

As he ran with the squad, he selects an alien and transforms. It seemed like some sort of monkey. Perhaps this was the Spidermonkey he mentioned earlier.

usHtOar.jpg

"Spidermonkey!" the four-armed four-eyed monkey unleashed a great deal of webbing from its tail to bind the soldiers to a wall of web that extended from one side of the marketplace's path to the other.

"See you later, suckers, ooh ooh ah ah!" Spidermonkey said as he ran with the squad once more, changing back to Ben shortly.

And so they arrived.

"It's Astolfo, Siegward and a bunch of other guys!" Ben exclaims. "Well... Isidro, was it, start the fruit-throwing...

Uf3Eeqm.jpg

... I'll be on standby."

@Otto @Tutski19 @Minerva @Ver @Town Center​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back