Status
Not open for further replies.
bp_R_IKKx_Rti0_BRkdke_CHHg.png

"..."

Lighting another cigarette, as though seeming to have an endless supply of them at this point, Constantine let out a puff of smoke, keeping silent for a brief moment, as if to collect his words, before replying to Ciel finally. "Not too long ago, it was me who was after him. Like I said, Faust is a dark sorcerer who uses his power for personal gain. And while I'm no hero -- even if they thought I was able to lead their League -- order is something I like to maintain the integrity of in my downtime."

"Now... He has a little something. Something... important to me, that I'd very much like to get back. Even if I have to leap through all sorts of different dimensions and worlds to do it. But as ol' Felix said, the tables have turned. Whoever he's run into, he's gotten a hell of a lot more confident now. It's only a matter of time before he tries to track me down again," he continued to explain, holding his chin with his other hand in thought.

"But it's a double-edged sword. Faust by himself is a wicked man, would bloody probably blow up a school bus before doing any good in his life, but..." Constantine paused for a moment, pursing his lips in a bemused manner, "If he's found an entity to call Master, someone mightier and greater than him in every way..." He continued, looking at Ciel dead in the eye now.

rare20.png

"That frightens the bejesus out of me. Even if it also means he's your only hope for warding off your brand there."

@Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Crow

Last edited:
"...amen." Finishing his prayer, Libra opened his eyes, noticing Lindel beside him. "Oh, hello, Lindel. You weren't waiting too long, I hope?"

@Takumi

"No, I wasn't waiting too long." Lindel responded. "I simply came to check on you, since you were alone and praying, I figured, 'why not see how he's holding up?' hm." he hummed. He was honestly glad that they had time to rest, all of the excitement in the past day left him feeling older than he actually was.

@Yun Lee

"I'm pretty restless myself, so sure," Ben says. "What does your pet eat anyways? Kinda hard to tell, with the... you know..."

@Minerva
"Fish, mostly. Occasionally other meats if I can get them." The boy said as he walked somewhat into the woods.

tumblr_odmj63r3Ht1urkt8fo4_250.png

"Perhaps it would have been wise to use it against the all-powerful being trying to eat us, no matter your circumstance. You have all the power in the world at your fingertips, yet you refuse to use it to the fullest of your ability. And for that, you are a fool."

@Crow @Ver @Alex Azure

"Things are a lot more complicated than that, OK? There's also the chance of me ruining the pl-"

Astolfo gestured for Ben to head with him.

"I'll get back to you later."

"Fish, mostly. Occasionally other meats if I can get them." The boy said as he walked somewhat into the woods.

As they encounter a body of water, Ben ponders for a bit.

lodGY0w.jpg

"Let's get fishing."

Enveloped in a green light, Ben assumed a new form.

fbTQc1i.jpg

"Water Hazard!" the form exclaims as it uses its hands to suck all the water in the water body, even the fish, then unleashes them onto the flat ground alongside fish, flopping about in a struggle for survival, not too different from the metaphorical equivalent, while the water seeped in. Another flash of green light engulfed Water Hazard to transform him back into Ben.

IvYU1Y1.jpg

"Is this a good enough supply? We have plenty more for the others, it seems."

@Minerva

Last edited:
Story Update
"The Black Swordsman"

The horde of slugs kept coming and coming without end, becoming more and more eager to feast on the group, but if nothing else, backup had come in the form of the group who had infiltrated the penitentiary, coming with a tall, imposing figure in black armor traveling with them. With the additional forces jumping into the fray to lend a helping hand, Guts placed his hands on the massive sword hanging from his back, lifting it up.

To some, it might have bore resemblance to a Greatsword or a Crypt Blacksword, but it was one of a kind. It was the Dragon Slayer.

Berserk.png

Massive, thick, heavy, and far too rough. It was much too big to be called a sword. It was like a heap of raw iron.

WHOOSH!

Approaching the scene slowly, coolly, Guts swung his sword overhead, four hundred pounds worth of reinforced metal slamming onto the ground with a loud clank sound, easily squashing a few of the slugs underneath its unbelievable weight. Then, keeping it on the ground, he dragged it to the side, sweeping up even more monsters with its length and finally completing his swing, slamming the monsters into the side of a nearby building at such force that its form essentially exploded on contact.

Curiously enough, it wasn't until Guts's appearance that it felt like the odds had been tipped in the group's favor, as it was then that a shrill shriek was heard in the air, not from any individual slug, but rather... just, in the air, like a floating voice.

"RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

Still, it was difficult to ascertain the source of the shriek immediately, at least not until the amount of monsters suddenly began to lessen as everyone continued fighting, and the fight became easier over time, until they eventually subsided, leaving nothing but their remains in the form of a disgusting green goo, most likely their blood.

tumblr_inline_mxz5yc_Ko_Sc1s37y39.png

"..."

With the monsters finally gone, silently putting his massive sword back up without much word, Guts (almost humorously) casually walked over to the center where Lucatiel and Siegward were keeping care of the marked woman, who cowered behind them during the fight, continuing to make unintelligible groans and guttural sounds like a frightened animal or infant. Looking past them, Guts merely extended out his arm, but the marked woman only stared at him, still scared. This continued for a few more seconds while everyone else gathered their bearings, until Guts sighed, speaking again, this time in a far gentler tone than what those who freed him from the penitentiary might have been used to.

"Casca... Come on. We need to go," he said softly, still holding his hand out. With another infantile grunt, the marked woman, named Casca, slowly, reluctantly, took Guts's hand, walking with him as he then turned around, back to the front gate of the town where everyone had initially come from.

Miki_131_copy.png

"U-Um, excuse me... You... Are you the... the one we've been looking for?" Miki piped up, calming down now that the slugs were finally dead, even if it took her a small while.

Guts stopped briefly, turning his head back to the little girl, letting out a breath. "The Black Swordsman. You found him alright, but just call me Guts," he said curtly.

Yuki_1036_copy.png

"Whoa... H-He's so cool, Mii-kun! I wonder how long it took him to make that prop?! I want a prop just like that! Ne ne, do you think I'd be able to get one just like that from the theater department?!"

"Let's talk about that later, Yuki-senpai..."

"We need to get out of here. I don't feel very inclined to be around when these people wake up, covered in slime and filth," Guts said, eager to leave.

"Whatever gets me away from all this!" Puck exclaimed, before looking toward every unfamiliar face, as in, everyone who didn't go to the penitentiary. Crossing his arms, the elf pursed his lips as he floated in place for a brief moment. "I'm guessing you can all see me too... Name's Puck! Nice to meet you all! And that twerp over there is Isidro!"

Cvaltl_F9_Si6_Rb-_Pcp_V0_XVQ.png

"Who you callin' a twerp?! I'll swat you into the ground!!" Isidro, the boy from the market, exclaimed as Puck also introduced himself (in an unceremonious fashion) to everyone around.

While Isidro and Puck clashed together in the background, Constantine sighed, wiping his hands on his brown longcoat as he jogged toward Guts. "Well, well, Black Swordsman. Looks like Skullie was right on the money, you're useful at least. But... one question. How were you able to ward off those ghastly buggers? The moment you started wailin' on 'em, there was that shriek outta nowhere, like... somethin' else was hurting. Reckon any idea on what it was?"

"His sword... I never imagined there would exist a weapon in this world that could sever my connection to my own minions!!"

Suddenly, a haggard voice was heard in the air, before yet another new face appeared before everyone. As in, literally, a floating head, transparent as though it were some sort of ghost or projection, floated from the sky and appeared before everyone, eyes practically caved into his own head as he looked particularly at Constantine.

image.png

"Constantine... So good of you to follow me across worlds just to see me. If I didn't know any better, I'd think that... you wanted something from me!"

Quickly, Constantine's usual relaxed demeanor was replaced by one of anger, as he gritted his teeth and narrowed his eyes, glaring intensely at the floating head ghost. "Quit playin' games, Faust! You weren't runnin' your laughing gear so easily the last time we met!"

"Ah, but now... Things have changed, haven't they? Oh, yes... Things have certainly changed... The odds are in my favor now!"

"What... What are you talking about?! Where's Za--?!"

"If you want to find me, then come get me! If you can, that is. I could be anywhere, of course. On the other side of the world, or closer than you think," the voice of the man called "Faust" cackled, "Now that I know exactly just who I'm up against, I can have... the Master make preparations."

fgocg_Xd_LSdix_FIb_Uph5pt_Q.png

"Master...?! Who in the bloody hell are you talking about?!"

"Patience, dear Constantine. You'll see soon enough. You'll all see soon enough. IT IS YOUR FATE!" Faust cackled once again, before the projection of his disembodied head disappeared abruptly, his laugh ringing in the air and gradually fading out from there.

Clicking his tongue in frustration, Constantine buried his gloved hands in his face for a moment, a sign of exasperation, before pulling away, sighing and shaking his head, and then turning to face the group. "... We should go," he said, not feeling up to elaborating on who he was speaking to, and what his deal was, "The enemy -- my enemy, at least -- knows where we are. They'll be tracking us like bloody cat and mouse."

"I know a place. Or rather... of a place where we can go," Guts said after the exchange was complete, "I don't know if it'll lead you people to this so-called greater evil that you're looking for, but it's where I'm headed. Follow if you want. I don't care."

"Friendly chap, ain't he? Wish we got a shining white knight instead of this bugger."

Clapping his hands together to get everyone's attention (assuming they'd been idling about), Constantine cleared his throat. "Alright, lads! No time like the present! Let's hightail it outta here! Maybe the next town over will be friendlier next time, eh?" He said, before beginning to follow Guts and his crew, lighting a cigarette on his way.

And thus, there left the town, a completely desolate place where everyone was asleep.

A town where no one was awake.

UISZSZodRzSd0-DEucKITQ.png

As the sun set and the night came, it was agreed upon that the group ought to camp out once again for the night, and reach their next destination -- wherever Guts was leading them -- tomorrow. Constantine was reluctant to do so, seeming restless and reluctant to stay in one spot for a long time, but eventually, he relented, realizing he was rather tired as well.

And so, that was that.

The group was free to interact with each other or their so-called guides as they pleased as they relaxed for the night, in hopes of putting the horrific sights they faced earlier today behind them, and to be able to overcome whatever other monsters awaited them the next.​

The knight let out a loud sigh. "That was quite a performance!" he announced before sitting down next to the fire with crossed legs. "Excellent work, everyone! Normally I'd hold a toast with you all, but-- er..." A quick glance at the group's numbers indicated a clear imbalance. "I don't have quite enough for everybody, I'm afraid..." he muttered sadly. He took his helmet off and brought out a mug of Siegbrau, otherwise known as Victorybrew.

"Nevertheless," he continued, "Who says we can't have a toast in spirit, eh? To our valour and victory together..."

PYBmiEU.png

He practically downed the entire drink before storing the rest of it away and putting his helmet back on. "Well, I'm going to have myself a little nap. The only thing to do, really, after a nice toast."

His head slumped downward, and after about a minute,

O5JUSRT.png

"Zzzzzzzzz."

"Things are a lot more complicated than that, OK? There's also the chance of me ruining the pl-"

lodGY0w.jpg

"Let's get fishing."

fbTQc1i.jpg

"Water Hazard!" the form exclaims as it uses its hands to suck all the water in the water body, even the fish, then unleashes them onto the flat ground alongside fish, flopping about in a struggle for survival, not too different from the metaphorical equivalent, while the water seeped in. Another flash of green light engulfed Water Hazard to transform him back into Ben.

IvYU1Y1.jpg

@Minerva
"More complicated? Tch. Perhaps you are unaware, but our lives our currently threatened by a group of demons with god-like abilities who wish to eat us. And the fact that you held back proves how weak you are." Ciel stated coldly.

@Crow

lodGY0w.jpg

"Let's get fishing."

fbTQc1i.jpg

IvYU1Y1.jpg

@Minerva
"That... should be enough." Astolfo nodded and fed the bird-beast before headed back to camp. On the way, he turned to Ben. "So, you're a Caster Class, I'm assuming from your powers."

"That... should be enough." Astolfo nodded and fed the bird-beast before headed back to camp. On the way, he turned to Ben. "So, you're a Caster Class, I'm assuming from your powers."

"I do have magic I picked up a good bunch of months ago, but I'm more proficient at being a Foreigner to Earth from beyond the stars than being a magician, about a hundred Foreigners, to be precise," Ben explains, "simplified as - aliens. But yeah... about this Class system you're talking about... what are you then?"

Ben picks the remaining fish up as they return to the main camp.

VIHYF65.jpg

"Hey guys! There's plenty of fish for everyone, so dig in!"

@Minerva @Ver @Josh @Krieg @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Otto @Khan of the Mardu @etcetcetc
"More complicated? Tch. Perhaps you are unaware, but our lives our currently threatened by a group of demons with god-like abilities who wish to eat us. And the fact that you held back proves how weak you are." Ciel stated coldly.

@Crow

uoQ7N99.jpg

Ben's eyes glowed a bright pink as he looked at Sebastian for a while, before he was pushed a few centimetres back on the head by an unseen force.

"Even I can tell that you're not using your Trump Cards either. Waiting for the mastermind to show up before triggering it, I assume?"

@Raptor Jesus

Last edited:
"I do have magic I picked up a good bunch of months ago, but I'm more proficient at being a Foreigner to Earth from beyond the stars than being a magician, about a hundred Foreigners, to be precise," Ben explains, "simplified as - aliens. But yeah... about this Class system you're talking about... what are you then?"

Ben picks the remaining fish up as they return to the main camp.

VIHYF65.jpg

"Hey guys! There's plenty of fish for everyone, so dig in!"

@Minerva @Ver @Josh @Krieg @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Otto @Khan of the Mardu @etcetcetc

Ben's eyes glowed a bright pink as he looked at Sebastian for a while, before he was pushed a few centimetres back on the head by an unseen force.

"Even I can tell that you're not using your Trump Cards either. Waiting for the mastermind to show up before triggering it, I assume?"

@Raptor Jesus
The push didn't seem to phase Sebastian at all, and it was hard to tell if he even noticed. Ciel simply stared on at Ben.

"Oh, I assure you, I have used Sebastian as
I've seen fit so far. Although he could have been used to a much more... grand extent, I have my own reasons for why I have held back, though they are for my reasons and mine alone. And unlike you, I do not constantly boast about his abilities which have not even been presented to the group yet."

@Crow

The push didn't seem to phase Sebastian at all, and it was hard to tell if he even noticed. Ciel simply stared on at Ben.

"Oh, I assure you, I have used Sebastian as
I've seen fit so far. Although he could have been used to a much more... grand extent, I have my own reasons for why I have held back, though they are for my reasons and mine alone. And unlike you, I do not constantly boast about his abilities which have not even been presented to the group yet."

@Crow

0yZWnc4.jpg

"I so do not do that last thing," Ben adds.

@Raptor Jesus

"No, really, it's nothing important," Ben says. His next question would make it a little more obvious what he was going to say if he completed his sentence.

"By the way, how did you get that eyepatch?"

@Raptor Jesus
"Hmph... so you fancy yourself a comedian, do you?" Ciel asked dryly with little to no emotion, having caught onto what he was going to say when Ben asked the question. Though, he quickly ignored that and moved on as he continued. "Normally I would make it in effort to hide this, but I suppose everyone here is well aware of my contract with Sebastian at this point, so..."

Ciel-gifs-ciel-phantomhive-22794103-500-259.gif

After quickly snatching off his eyepatch, it was revealed that his entire right eye had taken the form of an upside down Star of David, rather than an actual pupil. "It is the symbol which signifies my contract with Sebastian. I obtained it when I made the contract with him in the first place. One could even call it a brand of sorts."

@Crow @Minerva @Yun Lee @Otto @Alex Azure @Ver

Mike Munroe

Mike had noticed Astoflo walk off into the woods and decided to catch up. " Are you okay after our encounter with the town square?" He asked. He was concerned since the man had been weird since that.

@Minerva

Josh Washington

Josh titled his head when Ciel removed his eyepatch and shrugged it off. " So you gave up your eye for the contract? I mean, there are smarter organs to give up or be branded on," he said.

@Raptor Jesus @Others

Mike Munroe

Mike had noticed Astoflo walk off into the woods and decided to catch up. " Are you okay after our encounter with the town square?" He asked. He was concerned since the man had been weird since that.

@Minerva

Josh Washington

Josh titled his head when Ciel removed his eyepatch and shrugged it off. " So you gave up your eye for the contract? I mean, there are smarter organs to give up or be branded on," he said.

@Raptor Jesus @Others
"I gave up more than just my eye." Ciel stated without even turning to face Josh.

@Lucky @Crow

"Hmph... so you fancy yourself a comedian, do you?" Ciel asked dryly with little to no emotion, having caught onto what he was going to say when Ben asked the question. Though, he quickly ignored that and moved on as he continued. "Normally I would make it in effort to hide this, but I suppose everyone here is well aware of my contract with Sebastian at this point, so..."

Ciel-gifs-ciel-phantomhive-22794103-500-259.gif

After quickly snatching off his eyepatch, it was revealed that his entire right eye had taken the form of an upside down Star of David, rather than an actual pupil. "It is the symbol which signifies my contract with Sebastian. I obtained it when I made the contract with him in the first place. One could even call it a brand of sorts."

@Crow @Minerva @Yun Lee @Otto @Alex Azure @Ver
Mike Munroe

@Minerva

Josh Washington

@Raptor Jesus @Others
"I gave up more than just my eye." Ciel stated without even turning to face Josh.

@Lucky @Crow

"I think that is still his eye," Ben says to Josh.

"Your own soul, isn't it?" Ben asks Ciel in a serious manner.

@Lucky @Raptor Jesus @Crow

"Indeed." Ciel replied with a nod. "Once I find the perpetrator behind my parents' murder, Sebastian will eat my soul." Ciel said as he put the eypatch back on.

b7PU.jpg

"However, until then, he must serve me at my beck and call. He serves
me and me alone."

Morte was currently very lucky, as Sumia didn't seem to be too interested in looking through the logic in his statements. "Hmm...say, if it's not too rude to ask, how long have you been a skeleton for? And how long have you been able to float around?"

@Jeremi

"Hey no worries Sumia. Gals like you can ask me the skinny any time," Morte stated before continuing to the actual question. "As long as I can remember, and even longer then that!" Morte replied with a grin. "It's a really long story so I wont bore you with the details, but maybe...when this is over we can have ourselves a little break and I'll tell ya all about it. What about you, Sumia?" Morte asked in turn. "Why does a pretty gal like you run around in all of that armor?"

"No, I wasn't waiting too long." Lindel responded. "I simply came to check on you, since you were alone and praying, I figured, 'why not see how he's holding up?' hm." he hummed. He was honestly glad that they had time to rest, all of the excitement in the past day left him feeling older than he actually was.

@Yun Lee

Grace had looked from a distance and seeing Libra finished with his prayers came walking towards him and Lindel. "Your devotion to your craft is highly admirable," Grace replied to Libra as she came walking up. "Even in a situation like this it is important to stay on the path of virtue you have in front of you, it's just a shame a lot of people forget about it."

@Yun Lee @Takumi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back