Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from here.

Chapter Two
"Retribution"

After saving the group of unwilling survivors from the God Hand's Eclipse, the mysterious Skull Knight directs them to find a man known as the Black Swordsman, who believes that they will help them on their quest. Afterwards, he departs, leaving only Constantine to lead the group. Eventually, they come across an active town, in which Constantine believes they will find the Black Swordsman, and encourages everyone to split up to look for him.

Constantine, along with a few others, head to the town center, where a large crowd is present. There, a woman (named Casca) with the same brand on her body as the others is seen, about to be burned at the stake, believed by the townspeople to be either a witch, or cursed by one, as seen by her mind-broken status. When the group attempts to intervene, the crowd turns on them and begins to perceive them as witch sympathizers.

At the same time this happens, as another part of the group splits off into the market, they run into a shopkeeper chewing out a boy, claiming that he had stolen some fruit. The confrontation quickly escalates when the man threatens to kill the boy, but is stopped by the group, before fleeing in fear. During the exchange, it is noticed that the crowd does not seem to notice or even acknowledge the group's antics very much. The boy, later revealed to be named Isidro, claims that he is stealing the fruit, not to eat, but rather, to throw at people at the town center in hopes of distracting and interrupting the public execution of Casca in order to buy time for his "friend" to free the Black Swordsman from the penitentiary. With that, the group makes their way to the town center.

Just as they arrive at the center, the crowd starts to begin attacking everyone, but after Astolfo uses his ability, La Black Luna, to disorient and incapacitate the crowd, what instead happens is something far from what one expects; the entire town population had been possessed by an army of slug monsters, and intended to burn Casca in order to "cook" her. From there, the groups engaged in a grand fight against a seemingly endless swarm of the slugs.

All the while, another part of the group, drawn to the crowd outside the penitentiary, makes their way there, and spots the royal guards dragging in a man with the familiar brand on the back of his neck. While there, the group takes notice of a strange orb of light, later revealed to be a pixie-like elf named Puck, who is attempting to free the man from captivity. Eventually, they manage to infiltrate the building by tricking a guard into having him believe them to be members of the local church, and speak to the man, revealed to be the Black Swordsman himself, Guts. Persuading him to work with them to seek out and vanquish a greater evil, they manage to free him and re-equip him with his belongings, just in time to join the fight in the center against the slug monsters.

The supernatural characteristics of Guts's Dragon Slayer allow the slug monsters to subside, severing their connection to the sorcerer controlling them in spirit from an undisclosed location, Felix Faust, who happens to be an arch-enemy of Constantine's, taunting him before disappearing. With that, reuniting with his crew, Guts urges the group to come with him and skip town while all the townspeople were unconscious, stating that he had an idea of where to go next on their quest for great evil.

That night, at the camp site, Constantine reveals to Kokichi, Ciel, and Ben how he had come to end up in this world, stating Faust had recently somehow managed to unlock the secrets to traveling between worlds, and has now come to work under a new, mysterious master, whom Constantine suspects to be the ideal source of greater evil that they would be able to transfer the curse to, and implies that Faust himself holds captive "something important" to Constantine, but does not elaborate on it.

d1_LdxBuSnOGsazZgk8EbQ.png

As the sun rose the next day and it became time to travel once more, the trip was rather silent. Despite being described as helpful by the Skull Knight, the so-called Black Swordsman, Guts, said very little, doing little more than grunting in acknowledgement whenever someone might try to talk to him. Isidro, Puck, and Casca also remained silent, feeling a bit awkward admittedly with their crew becoming far bigger all of a sudden, knowing how well the Black Swordsman himself disliked crowds.

Constantine also had little to say, following Guts's lead and appreciating that he didn't have to lead on the group by himself anymore; that was never his strong suit, no matter what certain people back in his home world might have insisted. Miki and Yuki were also silent, the latter of the two still rather sleepy and being carried on Miki's back, not wanting to disturb the pink-haired girl's slumber.

The sunrise was different this time around, more vibrant and alive. Less of the dread like with before, but still somewhat foreboding, as if obscuring itself beneath the trees in order to hide from the events that have yet to come.

Eventually, after a while, Guts finally spoke up, just as a village began to become visible over the horizon.

"We're here."

Miki_141_copy.png

"Um... Where is here anyway?" Miki asked softly, wondering why Guts had led them all here to begin with, wondering how it related to their journey.

"You guys said you were looking for a great evil... Well, chances would have it, we were on our way to this little village here. Heard all sorts of rumors that weird shit went on around here," Isidro responded, holding the back of his head with both arms casually as he walked, Puck sitting atop his head casually, "If you guys are really looking for some big creepy evil, maybe you won't have to look so far! Evil keeps tryin' to go after this guy like he's dogfood!" He said, gesturing toward the reticent Guts with a toothy grin.

However, Isidro's light spirit was cut short as they all entered the village. As soon as they entered, the group was greeted to a morbid scream in the distance to the side, followed by a distant voice, pleading, yelling desperately.

"I swear! I swear on me mum's grave! I didn't kill her! It was the VOICES! THE VOICES DID IT!"

"H-Huh? What's... going on over there?"

Constantine shrugged. "Beats me."

"Lemme go! Please, I beg o' you! Don't...! Don't!"

"Should we... do something to help, maybe?"

The man in the distance kept screaming, screaming for God, screaming for someone, screaming for anyone.

WHUMP!

Until he ceased altogether.

"Sounds like the guillotine already did it for him," Guts said dryly.

And to think, this village was probably going to be more friendly than the last place they stopped at.

8bx_X7mg_FT4a_Z8_Jx_URu-2_Qg.png

Letting out a breath, as if to awkwardly sweep what was just heard under the rug, Constantine dropped his cigarette on the ground and rubbed his gloved hands together when the group stopped at the front of the village, pursing his lips and looking around. "Right... Well. I'm gonna go see if I can't gather some info. I trust it's not an astute observation to say that it's unlikely that our so-called greater evil is gonna come knockin' on our doorstep, unless my ol' buddy Faust is as dumb as bricks. I imagine there has to be someone who knows their onions about the scum of the world, and I know just where to find it."

"What, like the head of the village?"

"No, the bar. Feel free to join me for a drink, laddies. Or go and play somewhere else. I'm sure you lot can find something useful to do... "

With that, Constantine made for the nearest drinking establishment.

Letting the British man go on his way, Guts did the same and temporarily parted from the group along with Isidro, Puck, and Casca, the branded woman continuing to unintelligibly moan about as she held on to Guts's arm, a reluctant look barely able to be made out on her face through the mostly absent features, her mind lost to... something. Specifically, they headed for... a brothel? A strange place to pick, to say the least, but perhaps he had other motivations than one might realize. One could vaguely hear what sounded like groaning coming from there, but they weren't the kind that one would expect from such a place. Rather, they sounded... pained, as though there was something serious going on there.

From there, the group once again had three options on where to go:

The tavern, where Constantine was headed.

The inn next door. Maybe getting some rooms for later tonight would prove beneficial.

The... brothel, where Guts was headed toward for some reason, with Casca in two, along with Isidro who had a rather eager look on his face, and Puck, who conversely did not look very eager.

Cast List
@Minerva as Astolfo (Type-Moon)
@Crow as Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
@Raptor Jesus as Ciel Phantomhive and Sebastian Michaelis (Black Butler)
@Jeremi as Fall-From-Grace and Mortimer Rictusgrin (Planescape)
@Sen as Genya Arikado (Castlevania)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Hollow Knight (Hollow Knight)
@dark as Jak (Jak & Daxter)
@Gummi Bunnies as Kaine and Emil (NieR)
@Alex Azure as Kokichi Oma (Danganronpa)
@Krieg as Kurumi Ebisuzawa (School-Live!)
@Yun Lee as Libra and Sumia (Fire Emblem)
@Takumi as Lindel (The Ancient Magus Bride)
@York as Lucatiel of Mirrah (Dark Souls II)
@Lucky as Mike Munroe and Joshua Washington (Until Dawn)
@Kaykay as Sera Mizuki (Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen)
@Otto as Siegward of Catarina (Dark Souls III)
@Tutski19 as Soraka (League of Legends)
@Khan of the Mardu as Virginia Maxwell (Wild Arms)
@Josh as Yuuri Wakasa (School-Live!)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Zoe (League of Legends)​

Continued from here.

Chapter Two
"Retribution"

After saving the group of unwilling survivors from the God Hand's Eclipse, the mysterious Skull Knight directs them to find a man known as the Black Swordsman, who believes that they will help them on their quest. Afterwards, he departs, leaving only Constantine to lead the group. Eventually, they come across an active town, in which Constantine believes they will find the Black Swordsman, and encourages everyone to split up to look for him.

Constantine, along with a few others, head to the town center, where a large crowd is present. There, a woman (named Casca) with the same brand on her body as the others is seen, about to be burned at the stake, believed by the townspeople to be either a witch, or cursed by one, as seen by her mind-broken status. When the group attempts to intervene, the crowd turns on them and begins to perceive them as witch sympathizers.

At the same time this happens, as another part of the group splits off into the market, they run into a shopkeeper chewing out a boy, claiming that he had stolen some fruit. The confrontation quickly escalates when the man threatens to kill the boy, but is stopped by the group, before fleeing in fear. During the exchange, it is noticed that the crowd does not seem to notice or even acknowledge the group's antics very much. The boy, later revealed to be named Isidro, claims that he is stealing the fruit, not to eat, but rather, to throw at people at the town center in hopes of distracting and interrupting the public execution of Casca in order to buy time for his "friend" to free the Black Swordsman from the penitentiary. With that, the group makes their way to the town center.

Just as they arrive at the center, the crowd starts to begin attacking everyone, but after Astolfo uses his ability, La Black Luna, to disorient and incapacitate the crowd, what instead happens is something far from what one expects; the entire town population had been possessed by an army of slug monsters, and intended to burn Casca in order to "cook" her. From there, the groups engaged in a grand fight against a seemingly endless swarm of the slugs.

All the while, another part of the group, drawn to the crowd outside the penitentiary, makes their way there, and spots the royal guards dragging in a man with the familiar brand on the back of his neck. While there, the group takes notice of a strange orb of light, later revealed to be a pixie-like elf named Puck, who is attempting to free the man from captivity. Eventually, they manage to infiltrate the building by tricking a guard into having him believe them to be members of the local church, and speak to the man, revealed to be the Black Swordsman himself, Guts. Persuading him to work with them to seek out and vanquish a greater evil, they manage to free him and re-equip him with his belongings, just in time to join the fight in the center against the slug monsters.

The supernatural characteristics of Guts's Dragon Slayer allow the slug monsters to subside, severing their connection to the sorcerer controlling them in spirit from an undisclosed location, Felix Faust, who happens to be an arch-enemy of Constantine's, taunting him before disappearing. With that, reuniting with his crew, Guts urges the group to come with him and skip town while all the townspeople were unconscious, stating that he had an idea of where to go next on their quest for great evil.

That night, at the camp site, Constantine reveals to Kokichi, Ciel, and Ben how he had come to end up in this world, stating Faust had recently somehow managed to unlock the secrets to traveling between worlds, and has now come to work under a new, mysterious master, whom Constantine suspects to be the ideal source of greater evil that they would be able to transfer the curse to, and implies that Faust himself holds captive "something important" to Constantine, but does not elaborate on it.

As the sun rose the next day and it became time to travel once more, the trip was rather silent. Despite being described as helpful by the Skull Knight, the so-called Black Swordsman, Guts, said very little, doing little more than grunting in acknowledgement whenever someone might try to talk to him. Isidro, Puck, and Casca also remained silent, feeling a bit awkward admittedly with their crew becoming far bigger all of a sudden, knowing how well the Black Swordsman himself disliked crowds.

Constantine also had little to say, following Guts's lead and appreciating that he didn't have to lead on the group by himself anymore; that was never his strong suit, no matter what certain people back in his home world might have insisted. Miki and Yuki were also silent, the latter of the two still rather sleepy and being carried on Miki's back, not wanting to disturb the pink-haired girl's slumber.

The sunrise was different this time around, more vibrant and alive. Less of the dread like with before, but still somewhat foreboding, as if obscuring itself beneath the trees in order to hide from the events that have yet to come.

Eventually, after a while, Guts finally spoke up, just as a village began to become visible over the horizon.

"We're here."

Miki_141_copy.png

"Um... Where is here anyway?" Miki asked softly, wondering why Guts had led them all here to begin with, wondering how it related to their journey.

"You guys said you were looking for a great evil... Well, chances would have it, we were on our way to this little village here. Heard all sorts of rumors that weird shit went on around here," Isidro responded, holding the back of his head with both arms casually as he walked, Puck sitting atop his head casually, "If you guys are really looking for some big creepy evil, maybe you won't have to look so far! Evil keeps tryin' to go after this guy like he's dogfood!" He said, gesturing toward the reticent Guts with a toothy grin.

However, Isidro's light spirit was cut short as they all entered the village. As soon as they entered, the group was greeted to a morbid scream in the distance to the side, followed by a distant voice, pleading, yelling desperately.

"I swear! I swear on me mum's grave! I didn't kill her! It was the VOICES! THE VOICES DID IT!"

The man in the distance kept screaming, screaming for God, screaming for someone, screaming for anyone.

WHUMP!

And to think, this village was probably going to be more friendly than the last place they stopped at.

Letting out a breath, as if to awkwardly sweep what was just heard under the rug, Constantine dropped his cigarette on the ground and rubbed his gloved hands together when the group stopped at the front of the village, pursing his lips and looking around. "Right... Well. I'm gonna go see if I can't gather some info. I trust it's not an astute observation to say that it's unlikely that our so-called greater evil is gonna come knockin' on our doorstep, unless my ol' buddy Faust is as dumb as bricks. I imagine there has to be someone who knows their onions about the scum of the world, and I know just where to find it."

"No, the bar. Feel free to join me for a drink, laddies. Or go and play somewhere else. I'm sure you lot can find something useful to do... "

Letting the British man go on his way, Guts did the same and temporarily parted from the group along with Isidro, Puck, and Casca, the branded woman continuing to unintelligibly moan about as she held on to Guts's arm, a reluctant look barely able to be made out on her face through the mostly absent features, her mind lost to... something. Specifically, they headed for... a brothel? A strange place to pick, to say the least, but perhaps he had other motivations than one might realize. One could vaguely hear what sounded like groaning coming from there, but they weren't the kind that one would expect from such a place. Rather, they sounded... pained, as though there was something serious going on there.

The inn next door. Maybe getting some rooms for later tonight would prove beneficial.

The... brothel, where Guts was headed toward for some reason, with Casca in two, along with Isidro who had a rather eager look on his face, and Puck, who conversely did not look very eager.

Cast List
Great, another splitting of the group. This was getting as tiresome as when her own band of Drifters first came together and people at first kept trying to find ways out. Jet had been the worst about it... Shaking her head, knowing that those thoughts didn't matter at the moment, Virginia smiled to the others, speaking a little awkwardly as she blushed at the sight of where Guts and his little group was going, "Well, no offense to you all or everyone who's already gone ahead and chose a spot, but I'm not much one for bars or... well, brothels. Since no one else has thought to do it, I guess that means that I can handle arranging us some rooms at the inn for the night. Anyone want to come with and help me keep count?"

Continued from here.

Chapter Two
"Retribution"

"We're here."

Miki_141_copy.png

WHUMP!

Cast List
Great, another splitting of the group. This was getting as tiresome as when her own band of Drifters first came together and people at first kept trying to find ways out. Jet had been the worst about it... Shaking her head, knowing that those thoughts didn't matter at the moment, Virginia smiled to the others, speaking a little awkwardly as she blushed at the sight of where Guts and his little group was going, "Well, no offense to you all or everyone who's already gone ahead and chose a spot, but I'm not much one for bars or... well, brothels. Since no one else has thought to do it, I guess that means that I can handle arranging us some rooms at the inn for the night. Anyone want to come with and help me keep count?"

"Yeah, I can understand not wanting to go to either of those places. I'll help you at the inn. Maybe we can 'negotiate' with the innkeeper. I'm pretty sure none of us brought any real money along, so we might need some creativity to get our rooms."

And by creativity, Kokichi meant flat out lying.

@Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Inn

"Yeah, I can understand not wanting to go to either of those places. I'll help you at the inn. Maybe we can 'negotiate' with the innkeeper. I'm pretty sure none of us brought any real money along, so we might need some creativity to get our rooms."

And by creativity, Kokichi meant flat out lying.

@Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Inn
"Yeah, I don't think they'll take the money I use back home... But hey, at least we can count on our endearing personalities?" Virginia offered as some minor way to reassure her companion that they had a chance, even if it was a snowball's in hell, of getting a room. Even if the odds were long, knowing how most of her journeys went, there was usually some dangerous job the innkeeper wanted done that he would let them do or someone else needed done and would pay for, and the Drifter knew they could count on her gunslinging skills in earning their keep if that was the case.​

Last edited:
"Such a dreadful place..." The brothel, of course, was right out for Libra. "Perhaps the inn is the best place to go?" Virginia and Kokichi meant well, but...Libra couldn't trust them to arrange for rooms all by themselves.

@Ver @Takumi @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Alex Azure

---

In the meantime, Sumia would do what she'd always done-see where the School Life Club would go. Poor things seemed to end up in the worst of luck...

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Josh @Krieg

Continued from here.

Chapter Two
"Retribution"

"We're here."

Miki_141_copy.png

WHUMP!

Cast List
tumblr_inline_noaqk0tJRv1s2vzdx_250.png

"Hmm... Perhaps it is best if we split up this time, Sebastian. That way we could cover more ground in search of this so-called 'Greater Evil.' "
Ciel stated, as he stared on at the village, causing Sebsstian to nod.

cNJjs.jpg

"Of course, young master. I shall head to the Brothel." Sebastian replied.

Ciel, unsurprised by Sebastian's location of choice, only sighed in response before continuing. "In turn, I shall head to the tavern. "

"Not to question your judgement, but I believe you're a bit too young for a drink, young master." Sebastian jokingly replied with a smirk, causing Ciel to groan in mild annoyance and roll his eye.

"Oh, hush up. I'm not going there to drink, but if we're searching for a supposed 'Greater Evil', the tavern and the brothel seem to be the most logical of choices. Make sure you report
any information you find to me and me alone."

"I wouldn't imagine it any other way." Sebastian replied with a smile before heading off to the brothel, and Ciel to the tavern.

@Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee

Last edited:
Continued from here.

Chapter Two
"Retribution"

"We're here."

Miki_141_copy.png

WHUMP!

Cast List

Of the ones heading to the brothel Morte looked the most eager of all, and he was just a floating skull. "Yeah bet there's HUGE clues in there, good luck guys I'll see ya all later!"

@Ver @Brothel

"Such a dreadful place..." The brothel, of course, was right out for Libra. "Perhaps the inn is the best place to go?" Virginia and Kokichi meant well, but...Libra couldn't trust them to arrange for rooms all by themselves.

---

In the meantime, Sumia would do what she'd always done-see where the School Life Club would go. Poor things seemed to end up in the worst of luck...

Perhaps earlier in her life Grace could have opted to head to the brothel. Now whoever the only thing she found titillating was a good brain teaser. Morte heading there just had make a playful sigh and roll her eyes. "I shall join you to the inn, Libra. Having a roof over our heads would be nice for a change."

@Ver @Takumi @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Inn

---

Of the ones heading to the brothel Morte looked the most eager of all, and he was just a floating skull. "Yeah bet there's HUGE clues in there, good luck guys I'll see ya all later!"

@Ver @Brothel

Perhaps earlier in her life Grace could have opted to head to the brothel. Now whoever the only thing she found titillating was a good brain teaser. Morte heading there just had make a playful sigh and roll her eyes. "I shall join you to the inn, Libra. Having a roof over our heads would be nice for a change."

@Ver @Takumi @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Inn

images

"I'll join you two, I'm not sure how well some of the young ones might fare in getting a room and all." Lindel spoke up. He didn't drink, and those places were crowded, a brothel wasn't his cup of tea either, so that only left the inn.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Khan of the Mardu

Last edited:
Continued from here.

Chapter Two
"Retribution"

"We're here."

Miki_141_copy.png

WHUMP!

Cast List

Ben had awoken in his human form in his tent.

qWzG7Ij.jpg

"Good morning..."

He didn't even question Astolfo in his tent. Something was up.

"If we're following traditional Fantasy setting laws, I'd think that the Tavern would be the best place for word around here," Ben says, then looks at the folks headed towards the Tavern. He even drags Astolfo along. "If you guys over at the Inn need our emergency help, just ask and we'll break the walls."

He looks at Isidro in particular for a bit as the kid left for the Brothel.

"Be wary of STDs, kid. I can do a lot, but a lot doesn't encompass miracle cures."

Hopefully not the other way round.

At the tavern, Ben was hanging around Astolfo, and Constantine.

"I probably should've went with Yuki- I mean, the School Living Club. Wait, no, gotta focus, Ben."

Ben tries to act intact and fit in.

MYWrv46.jpg

"Say, Constantine, you mentioned a League just now. Did it happen to be one of a... Justice-based variety? Maybe involving a bat-dressed guy from a place called... Goth-am?"

He looks at the bartender for a bit, then back at Constantine.

"Also, what's the Grimdark Medieval Setting word for 'Smoothie' and 'Chili fries'?"

@Ver @Minerva @Tavern @etcetcetc​

Continued from here.

Chapter Two
"Retribution"

"We're here."

Miki_141_copy.png

WHUMP!

Cast List

View attachment 2111

". . ."

Much like the night before, Hollow Knight did not sleep, for it did not have the capability to. It never reacted to Ben's offer for a spar, and seemed to remain outside in the cold whenever Ben decided to retreat back into his tent to sleep. The small knight was already standing at attention when the others had roused from their slumber, staring off into the horizon where the village sat. It, too, heard the loud noises of someone screaming for mercy in the distance, followed by a WHACK.

This was thought. That person was 'dead'. They were 'killed'. Hollow Knight did not know why - but it could never question.

Upon reaching the village, the small knight kept it's vacant gaze upon the Black Swordsman, who was larger and had a larger weapon than any of the other 'humans' within this herd. He was quiet, he did not 'talk' very often, so Hollow Knight could not 'listen'. But his stature and presence prompted Hollow Knight's memories of the King with the skull helmet, who rode upon a horse and descended from the sky. That alone caused the knight to follow closely behind Guts, making quick movements to avoid being accidentally (?) trampled by the large man as he walked.

Because of that, Hollow Knight incidentally followed Guts, Casca, Isidro and Puck into the Brothel.

Continued from here.

Chapter Two
"Retribution"

"We're here."

Miki_141_copy.png

WHUMP!

Cast List

Sera was neither of age nor particularly interested in drinking, but if they were searching for "the scum of the world" a place like a tavern sounded about right. She wasn't entirely convinced Constantine wasn't just heading there for a drink, but it didn't really matter either way. For a moment she wondered about how to get in while being underage, but then it struck her that a place like this probably wasn't too worried about IDs or anything. Especially if that kid Isidro was apparently going to be allowed into a brothel.

So without much fanfare, she headed for the tavern.

@Ver

Siegward of Catarina
@Ver @Crow @Minerva @Kaykay @Tavern
Continued from here.

Chapter Two
"Retribution"

"We're here."

Miki_141_copy.png

WHUMP!

Cast List
"The bar? What a wonderful idea! I need to restock on my drinks anyway. How convenient!"

And with that, the knight of Catarina followed Constantine, Ben, and Astolfo to the tavern, eagerly waiting for a chance to try the local brew. Perhaps they could finally have a toast together? When he arrived, he rummaged through his supplies and found... one rusted coin. He held it up in the light and examined it.

QV2C5Z7.png

"Hmmmm..." He doubted they'd accept this. "Excuse me, Constantine.. do you think you could spare a handful of coins? You would have my deepest gratitude!"

Last edited:
8A-jXMpgTu_7DNWGxceENg.png

The inside of the tavern looked normal enough, even if to that end, it betrayed the eccentric mannerisms of the actual patrons inside, as the group would soon find out. But for now, Constantine eagerly made his way over to the bar, and then turning toward Siegward before he could order, holding up a hand to the knight. "Say no more, laddie. I got you all covered, don't worry," he said with a mischievous smirk, one that one would never think to see on him after his more fearful disposition last night, but alas, it seemed that a pint was all he needed to calm the nerves. A man needed his vices.

"Scuse me, laddie!" Constantine called out to the bartender, raising his arm, "Get me two ales, please! And four ciders for the kiddies here," he said somewhat teasingly, gesturing to Ben, Sera, Ciel, and Astolfo. The bartender nodded silently, and while he was gathering the drinks, Constantine turned toward Ben, listening to his questions. His chipper expression softened a bit as the boy danced around asking him about a man he indeed heard about before, letting out a breath from his nostrils as he produced a response.

rare07.png

"Aye... I just might. Gotham's never been my cup o' tea personally, but I've been there on a few occasions. Strictly for work though. Going to a city with clowns and cat burglars galore ain't my joe personally. What's it to ya though?"

Before Ben would be able to immediately respond, the bartender quickly returned with the drinks as requested. As he stood there, waiting for payment, Constantine chuckled, reaching into his pocket, not a word having to be said. A great blue glow shined brightly from his hand, easily noticeable to everyone who followed him, but evidently not the bartender, if his lack of reaction to such a magical display was any indication. And with that, he pulled out...

... some rocks.

"I believe these valuable coins will be more than enough?"

"Thank you for your patronage," the bartender nodded, taking the rocks without any concern, as though he genuinely believed the rocks to be coins indeed.

They didn't call John Constantine a conman for nothing.

Sliding the drinks over to the others, Constantine raised his ale to the others. "To... uh... Hmm. Anyone got something to toast to?"

@Kaykay @Otto @Minerva @Crow @Tavern

At the brothel, the sound of loud, pained groaning grew greater and greater as they drew closer. There was hardly anyone around, which made one doubt that it was because of... a customer or anything like that. Upon reaching the front door, Guts knocked on the door, his expression remaining as cold and wooden as the door itself. From the other side, footsteps could be heard, as well as an irritated voice.

"I said we're closed right now! Honestly! You should be happy I don't just let you in, knowing what these girls are down with!" The female voice called out, stomping forward until a woman with long, dark orange hair opened the door, an annoyed expression on her face, before quickly softening up upon seeing Guts, looking up at the taller man and his crew, before managing a relieved smile.

68277.jpg

"Oh, you again, Guts... You know I moved out of Albion to get away from you, and the stuff that goes around you," she said in a light-hearted tone, seeming to recognize the gang, "What brings you out into the neck of these woods?"

"Luca. Good to run into you again. I was counting on it even," Guts responded, his face still as hard as ever, though the observant would have been able to hear him take a slightly lighter tone with her, just like with Casca, "Let's just say... I had to take a detour as far as my journey goes."

"Uuuu... A-Ahh!"

Continuing to babble incoherently, Casca let go of Guts's arm and hopped over to Luca, hugging her enthusiastically. Gently hugging her back, Luca sighed. "You need me to take care of her again, huh? Well, say no more. I don't really want to hear more anyway."

As for the other members, Puck simply gave a wave. "Yo!"

"Nice to see you again! Very nice!" Isidro exclaimed in a similar tone that he used with Sumia and Sera.

MLaAQtuES6y-IaLLp65fxg.png

"... Yeah. I bet," Luca simply said, her smile disappearing as she looked at Isidro, before moving her gaze to the unfamiliar faces in Guts's crew, raising an eyebrow at their odd appearances, between Sebastian's out-of-place suit, and Morte... well, just Morte. And of course, Hollow Knight.

"And I thought it was freaky enough when Puck there showed up for the first time, but now, a floating skull... I'm not sure if I should be relieved or sad that I'm used to it all now... Who might you all be?"

Seeing Hollow Knight, she pursed her lips. "Is that... like, the Grim Reaper's kid or something? Y'know, the one who saved me back then."

"No, but apparently, it actually did run into that Skull Knight earlier. What a pain."

"Kinda cute though, at least. In a creepy way."

@Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Brothel

The inn was rather normal looking, even smaller than one might expect, at least for the bottom floor. The group would pass by a small number of what one could guess to be guests, shuffling and leaving the inn in a hurry with their bags. Miki, who followed along with a still sleeping Yuki on her back, wondered what they were in such a hurry for, before the group would approach the front counter, where even the innkeeper himself looked like he was packing his possessions into a sack.

"U-Um... Excuse me, but can we get... s-some rooms?" Miki asked, somewhat confused by what was going on.

"... Huh? You wanna stay here?" The innkeeper responded with a raised eyebrow, putting a hand on his hips as more guests continued shuffling out of the inn, "Looks to me like you people aren't from around here, if you're naive enough to stick around. If you know what's good for you, you'd beat it!" He said, seeming to refuse right now.

@Khan of the Mardu @Alex Azure @Takumi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Inn

The inside of the tavern looked normal enough, even if to that end, it betrayed the eccentric mannerisms of the actual patrons inside, as the group would soon find out. But for now, Constantine eagerly made his way over to the bar, and then turning toward Siegward before he could order, holding up a hand to the knight. "Say no more, laddie. I got you all covered, don't worry," he said with a mischievous smirk, one that one would never think to see on him after his more fearful disposition last night, but alas, it seemed that a pint was all he needed to calm the nerves. A man needed his vices.

"Scuse me, laddie!" Constantine called out to the bartender, raising his arm, "Get me two ales, please! And four ciders for the kiddies here," he said somewhat teasingly, gesturing to Ben, Sera, Ciel, and Astolfo. The bartender nodded silently, and while he was gathering the drinks, Constantine turned toward Ben, listening to his questions. His chipper expression softened a bit as the boy danced around asking him about a man he indeed heard about before, letting out a breath from his nostrils as he produced a response.

rare07.png

"Aye... I just might. Gotham's never been my cup o' tea personally, but I've been there on a few occasions. Strictly for work though. Going to a city with clowns and cat burglars galore ain't my joe personally. What's it to ya though?"

Before Ben would be able to immediately respond, the bartender quickly returned with the drinks as requested. As he stood there, waiting for payment, Constantine chuckled, reaching into his pocket, not a word having to be said. A great blue glow shined brightly from his hand, easily noticeable to everyone who followed him, but evidently not the bartender, if his lack of reaction to such a magical display was any indication. And with that, he pulled out...

... some rocks.

"Thank you for your patronage," the bartender nodded, taking the rocks without any concern, as though he genuinely believed the rocks to be coins indeed.

Sliding the drinks over to the others, Constantine raised his ale to the others. "To... uh... Hmm. Anyone got something to toast to?"

At the brothel, the sound of loud, pained groaning grew greater and greater as they drew closer. There was hardly anyone around, which made one doubt that it was because of... a customer or anything like that. Upon reaching the front door, Guts knocked on the door, his expression remaining as cold and wooden as the door itself. From the other side, footsteps could be heard, as well as an irritated voice.

"I said we're closed right now! Honestly! You should be happy I don't just let you in, knowing what these girls are down with!" The female voice called out, stomping forward until a woman with long, dark orange hair opened the door, an annoyed expression on her face, before quickly softening up upon seeing Guts, looking up at the taller man and his crew, before managing a relieved smile.

68277.jpg

"Oh, you again, Guts... You know I moved out of Albion to get away from you, and the stuff that goes around you," she said in a light-hearted tone, seeming to recognize the gang, "What brings you out into the neck of these woods?"

"Luca. Good to run into you again. I was counting on it even," Guts responded, his face still as hard as ever, though the observant would have been able to hear him take a slightly lighter tone with her, just like with Casca, "Let's just say... I had to take a detour as far as my journey goes."

"Uuuu... A-Ahh!"

Continuing to babble incoherently, Casca let go of Guts's arm and hopped over to Luca, hugging her enthusiastically. Gently hugging her back, Luca sighed. "You need me to take care of her again, huh? Well, say no more. I don't really want to hear more anyway."

"Nice to see you again! Very nice!" Isidro exclaimed in a similar tone that he used with Sumia and Sera.

"... Yeah. I bet," Luca simply said, her smile disappearing as she looked at Isidro, before moving her gaze to the unfamiliar faces in Guts's crew, raising an eyebrow at their odd appearances, between Sebastian's out-of-place suit, and Morte... well, just Morte. And of course, Hollow Knight.

"And I thought it was freaky enough when Puck there showed up for the first time, but now, a floating skull... I'm not sure if I should be relieved or sad that I'm used to it all now... Who might you all be?"

Seeing Hollow Knight, she pursed her lips. "Is that... like, the Grim Reaper's kid or something? Y'know, the one who saved me back then."

"No, but apparently, it actually did run into that Skull Knight earlier. What a pain."

The inn was rather normal looking, even smaller than one might expect, at least for the bottom floor. The group would pass by a small number of what one could guess to be guests, shuffling and leaving the inn in a hurry with their bags. Miki, who followed along with a still sleeping Yuki on her back, wondered what they were in such a hurry for, before the group would approach the front counter, where even the innkeeper himself looked like he was packing his possessions into a sack.

"U-Um... Excuse me, but can we get... s-some rooms?" Miki asked, somewhat confused by what was going on.

"... Huh? You wanna stay here?" The innkeeper responded with a raised eyebrow, putting a hand on his hips as more guests continued shuffling out of the inn, "Looks to me like you people aren't from around here, if you're naive enough to stick around. If you know what's good for you, you'd beat it!" He said, seeming to refuse right now.

". . .?"

Hollow Knight remained hidden behind Gut's leg as the 'human' called Luca would acknowledge it. It looked around it's surroundings idly, gazing at nothing with a pair of sunken, abyssal holes one could call "eyes". Upon being pointed at, the small knight looked as if it was being called to present itself. It'd solemnly waddle forward, adjusting the sword slung about it's back and keeping it's hands and body hidden underneath the Mothwing cloak it was wearing. It looked up at the woman who looked down upon it.

View attachment 2112

A tiny, black hand emerged from under the cloak. It would tilt left, then tilt right.

It. . .was waving.

Hollow Knight gave Luca a little wave. This was something the tall, skinny 'humans' did when they would approach each other. It was. . .a 'greeting'. It was them saying 'hello'. Like a child, the small knight learned to mimic them.

@Ver @Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @Brothel

rare07.png

... some rocks.

kmCbvRa.jpg

"Oh, you can say that again," Ben responds to Constantine, "if there's any place I want to revisit, Gotham's one of the last on the list. I was sorta pulled from my world to there when I was like... ten. Kinda like this scenario, and man, the villains were tough to fight, that Bane guy even ripped the feelers off Feedback, literally."

Ben then looks at Constantine pay with rocks.

"Some currency," Ben adds, mildly sarcastic, before shrugging his shoulders. As much as he wasn't too fond of a conman's conning ways in general, it did help him out before, and it helped him out right now.

"Let's just say our own stuff, same thing six times won't cut it. I mean, we are different people from different worlds who stand for different things worth toasting to."

Ben raises his cup of cider.

"For the universe and beyond!"

@Ver @Kaykay @Otto @Minerva @Crow @Raptor Jesus

"If we're naive, then enlighten us: Why exactly shouldn't we stick around here?"

@Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Alex Azure @Takumi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Inn

rare07.png

... some rocks.

68277.jpg

"Uuuu... A-Ahh!"

3Yjox.png

"Hmph... figures that the two of you would be more interested in drinking than finding this greater evil that Constantine here speaks so highly of." Ciel said as he deadpanned, not paying too much attention to his little rock trick. Trickery like that existed plenty where he was from, after all.

JQIt4.png

As the others were busy drinking and having a jolly 'ole time, Ciel began to look around for anyone or anything out of the ordinary, or at least, out of the ordinary for this place.

@Ver @Kaykay @Otto @Minerva @Crow @Tavern

DependableSeriousDragonfly-max-1mb.gif

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Luca." Sebastian said to Luca with a polite smile and a bow. "I do hope you don't mind the intrusion. We are running on a bit of a tight schedule, I'm afraid." Sebastian said before noticing Hollow Knight, acknowledging his presence by looking down at him and smiling.

I2CsY.png

"Yes, he is a rather cute fellow, isn't he?"

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Brothel​

It was clear something was not right in this town, as if the execution was not sign enough of that. Libra frowned, watching as more and more left. "And why is that, good sir?"

"Yes...is there something going on?...or something coming?" The possibilities ran through Sumia's head, and she couldn't help but worry. Oh dear...it seemed those poor girls just couldn't avoid troublesome news.

@Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Alex Azure@Takumi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Inn

image.png

"Bane, huh? I think I heard somethin' 'bout him meddlin' with Gotham recently, but... Wasn't that long ago, was it? Certainly not... five years ago or however old you are now," Constantine replied to Ben, a little mystified by his words as he mused on the going-ons in his world. How convenient that he'd run into someone familiar with his world, even if perhaps not someone from the same world. Not that it was helping him right now... At least, in the way he was hoping.

With a breath, he raised his own cup, trying to think of what to toast to.

"To... uh, life. Or something," he murmured, uncomfortably scratching his cheek with his finger, before having a sip.

As Ciel looked around, he would find a few sights that one might note as interesting:

For one, at a nearby table, there was one patron, a rather unsavory looking man, sitting by himself, with an empty cup in his hand, calling over a young barmaid nearby to refill. Nodding, she obliges, taking a pitcher of drink and pouring it into the cup for a while, before the man suddenly pulls the cup toward himself without any warning, causing the barmaid to accidentally spill a good amount on the table.

"Aww, look at what you did! Looks like you'll have to clean it up."

"I-I'm sorry, Mister Bray. I'll get a towel right awa--"

"No. I want to see you clean it... with your mouth," the man grins, to which the barmaid looked rather unsure and even intimidated by the man. For some reason, it looked like she was even going to consider doing it for him, as she stood there with shaking legs, unsure of what to do.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the bar sat two rather plump looking men, talking loud enough that the group was able to hear them.

"So I says to 'em, it's my goat. I been tendin' 'em since I was just a babe. So I know my goat's in love with me. I see it in 'is eyes," the first man says, "So don't go tellin' me what's right and what's wrong. Love is what you make of it!"

"Right, right," the second man nods.

"And you know what he says to me? He says he don't give a fuck about what I think! That it's an abomination! And no one calls what I love with lil' Bessie an abomination! So that's why I hit 'em, right between the eyes with my shovel. And now I have to pay for his damages?!"

"Tch. Shoulda fed him to that goblin they say is runnin' 'round town," the second man said half-facetiously, to which the first man gave an urgent look.

"D-Don't talk 'bout that goblin so lightly! That's why they say "speak of the devil" and all that! 'Cause he shows up right when it happens!"

Lovely.

The group was free to either approach either the patron and the barmaid, or the plump men on the other side of the bar, if they so desired. Or kept conversing with Constantine to see what he might talk about. It seemed like there was something on his mind.

@Kaykay @Raptor Jesus @Otto @Minerva @Tavern

4qhpyntd51my.png

"Oh, is that right? Well, I'm willing to bet, if you're traveling with the Black Swordsman," Luca said to Sebastian with a friendly demeanor, before looking down at the Hollow Knight, eyes wide in curiosity before it waved at her. With a pleasant smile, she clasped her hands together, giggling almost like a younger girl. "Oh, yes, hello!" She exclaimed, waving back.

In the back of her head, she decided it was a bad thing that she had become so used to such strange sights, but at least the little knight here wasn't trying to kill her, unlike the sorts of demons Guts had to save her from back then.

"I need a favor, Luca. I need you to take care of Casca for a little while again. And these little punks," Guts said, gesturing toward Isidro and Puck, "I--"

"Say no more. Like I said, I don't wanna hear any more about your little adventure, lest it gets me wrapped up too deep into it! Buuuut in exchange, I want you to do something for me first!"

"Anything for you~"

"C'mon, come inside," Luca said, stepping away to let the group walk inside the building. The only people inside seemed to be a few other escorts, some lying in bed, writhing in pain, while others rushed around, attempting to tend to them, "Grab a wet rag from the side and apply them to these girls' foreheads. Be careful though. They're down with some sorta plague I can't really understand," she instructed, "While we do that, I suppose we could... talk about some business."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Raptor Jesus @Jeremi @Brothel

The innkeeper glared at the group, as though resenting their obliviousness to whatever was going on around here. Continuing to pack his belongings, he sighed as he answered their queries.

"This village... has become cursed as of late. It started slowly... but now, it's undeniable. Crops keep dyin', people goin' insane, there's a plague sweepin'... and to top it all off, rumors of a goblin or some sorta demon keep popping up all over the place, running around and killing," he answered.

"No one knows if the demon is the cause or a symptom of the happenings 'round these parts, but they say he has yellow skin, red eyes... and talks in rhymes. Real eerie. There are even more rumors floating around 'bout a castle that only rises at night. And a mysterious man who watches from the front door," he sighed, before crossing his arms.

"It's all hogwash to me but with everyone leaving for a safer place, I'm not gonna let superstition kill me and my business. I'll probably be closin' up shop if this keeps up..." He says, before clicking his tongue and looking at the group, "Unless... What, you wanna stop 'em?" He asked facetiously, not expecting a serious answer.

@Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Takumi @Inn

3Yjox.png

"Hmph... figures that the two of you would be more interested in drinking than finding this greater evil that Constantine here speaks so highly of." Ciel said as he deadpanned, not paying too much attention to his little rock trick. Trickery like that existed plenty where he was from, after all.

JQIt4.png

As the others were busy drinking and having a jolly 'ole time, Ciel began to look around for anyone or anything out of the ordinary, or at least, out of the ordinary for this place.

@Ver @Kaykay @Otto @Minerva @Crow @Tavern​
image.png

"Bane, huh? I think I heard somethin' 'bout him meddlin' with Gotham recently, but... Wasn't that long ago, was it? Certainly not... five years ago or however old you are now," Constantine replied to Ben, a little mystified by his words as he mused on the going-ons in his world. How convenient that he'd run into someone familiar with his world, even if perhaps not someone from the same world. Not that it was helping him right now... At least, in the way he was hoping.

With a breath, he raised his own cup, trying to think of what to toast to.

"To... uh, life. Or something," he murmured, uncomfortably scratching his cheek with his finger, before having a sip.

As Ciel looked around, he would find a few sights that one might note as interesting:

For one, at a nearby table, there was one patron, a rather unsavory looking man, sitting by himself, with an empty cup in his hand, calling over a young barmaid nearby to refill. Nodding, she obliges, taking a pitcher of drink and pouring it into the cup for a while, before the man suddenly pulls the cup toward himself without any warning, causing the barmaid to accidentally spill a good amount on the table.

"Aww, look at what you did! Looks like you'll have to clean it up."

"I-I'm sorry, Mister Bray. I'll get a towel right awa--"

"No. I want to see you clean it... with your mouth," the man grins, to which the barmaid looked rather unsure and even intimidated by the man. For some reason, it looked like she was even going to consider doing it for him, as she stood there with shaking legs, unsure of what to do.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the bar sat two rather plump looking men, talking loud enough that the group was able to hear them.

"So I says to 'em, it's my goat. I been tendin' 'em since I was just a babe. So I know my goat's in love with me. I see it in 'is eyes," the first man says, "So don't go tellin' me what's right and what's wrong. Love is what you make of it!"

"Right, right," the second man nods.

"And you know what he says to me? He says he don't give a fuck about what I think! That it's an abomination! And no one calls what I love with lil' Bessie an abomination! So that's why I hit 'em, right between the eyes with my shovel. And now I have to pay for his damages?!"

"Tch. Shoulda fed him to that goblin they say is runnin' 'round town," the second man said half-facetiously, to which the first man gave an urgent look.

"D-Don't talk 'bout that goblin so lightly! That's why they say "speak of the devil" and all that! 'Cause he shows up right when it happens!"

Lovely.

The group was free to either approach either the patron and the barmaid, or the plump men on the other side of the bar, if they so desired. Or kept conversing with Constantine to see what he might talk about. It seemed like there was something on his mind.

@Kaykay @Raptor Jesus @Otto @Minerva @Tavern

"Yeah, I think he died, but knowing what a big world you live in, maybe not permanently. That experience in Gotham was kinda surreal back then. Then again, it was my first time off-universe. Travel one or two more universes and you start to get used to it. Multiverse travel, am I right?"

Ben's ears managed to pick some conversation up.

"I definitely shouldn't turn into Chimera in front of these guys," Ben silently comments. "Give me a sec or a bunch, Constantine, this seems important."

There were enough knights of chivalry taking care of the damsel in distress, so Ben decided to walk towards the fat men and converse with them.

pCnVmiZ.jpg

"I'm pretty interested in this goblin you speak of. Care to tell me more about it?"

@Ver @Kaykay @Otto @Minerva @Crow @Raptor Jesus @Tavern​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back