Status
Not open for further replies.
Good! This was good! Miki laughing, being happy...Sumia achieved the desired effect. Maybe someday, when she had children of her own...or if, really...she would make a good mother. She'd like to think so, at least.

"I'm glad! It's always good to have a little fun here and there. I remember when I was in the Shepherds, I LOVED reading novels. I still do, but they helped get my mind off the bad things going on from time to time." And so she could pretend she wasn't the plain boring clod she is now, but no one needed to know that part.​
Miki_202_copy.png

"Yeah... I used to really like reading books too. Not just novels, but I just liked to study. I guess some people would think that made me weird, but I was just really trying to get into a good college... um, that is, a more advanced school," Miki said with a lighter expression. She longed for those halcyon days of bliss. What was it that they said about memories again?

You never realize you're living "the good days" until they're behind you.

How sad.

Miki_1123_copy.png

"... What was that?"

Her attention caught by the strange, unexplained screaming from upstairs, Miki looked up, her conversation with Sumia unfortunately cut short. The sound was loud enough that Yuki nearby even woke up, the pink-haired girl moaning awake as she wiped her eyes.

Yuki_1188_copy.png

"Nnn... What's... What's going on now? Mii-kun, where are we?"

"Um... You fell asleep, so we decided to leave the culture festival. Lots of people were leaving anyway. Now, we're... um... we're on a surprise field trip."

"Wah, really?!" Yuki exclaimed, her attention grabbed, "W-Where are we going?!"

"W-Well, it's a surprise. You'll see."

"Oooh... Hopefully, we'll all have fun! Especially if it's Megu-nee leading us all~" The girl giggled, before turning toward Sumia, evidently not processing the scream from upstairs, "Are you having fun? I can't believe we got so many people for the field trip! Usually, there are so many delinquents that just wanna cut class!"

"..."

Miki just gave an uncomfortable look.

@Yun Lee

I've been used to it ever since I was born.

Libra would silently click his tongue as that reply popped into his head. No...no one needed to know about that. Instead, he smiled. "I thank you, and wish you all luck as well, for however how long this plague lasts. Which, Gods willing, will come to an end after our quest."

Libra stood, watching Hollow Knight and Casca a moment. How darling... "Is there any other way I can be of service, Miss? Otherwise it may be best to retire to the inn before tonight."
". . ."

View attachment 2125

Hollow Knight didn't seem to mind the sudden touching of it's horns, as the woman named Casca didn't seem threatening in the slightest. She had no "armor", no "weapons" - she did not "talk". It was like interacting with an animal.It's a question about who's the "animal" in this situation - the girl or the ghost. But this was something else. Something new to "think" about.

They say animals can sense things that humans could not. That they have certain "ticks" that allow sense things that couldn't be seen or heard by a human - like knowing when a storm was coming, or knowing when an earthquake was about to hit. On top of those, a pet could tell when it's owner wasn't acting like themselves. If they were depressed, scared or angry, an animal would just "know" and would do something - perhaps comforting them or steering clear. As the small, diminutive Hollow Knight cast it's empty gaze upon this infantile woman, it "sensed" something that a normal "human" couldn't, at least not without some extensive investigation.

". . . . ."

Broke.

Broken.

No.

Not.

Not. . .

Whole.

View attachment 2126

She was like shattered glass.

Pieces spread out all over the place, empty space in between. Broken by something terrible, and it could never be made whole again. Priceless before, but now a. . .hollow shell of what it once was. Something that was lost. Something that could never be regained. For the knight, her very eyes caused it to. . ."feel". This wasn't - this wasn't something that was regular.

The vessel could not feel pain. It could not feel emotions. No thought to divert it from it's purpose; to contain the Infection. To save Hollownest. Serve the King. To stop the Light that plagues their dreams. Yet, this girl. She created something that could not exist - feeling within the Hollow Knight. A warmth that very briefly built up in it's shell, and then suddenly vanished under a tide of nothingness.

The knight lowered it's head solemnly, staring at the woman's feet. There was many things that the vessel has obtained in such short time - thinking, learning, remembering, listening. . .and now, it learned perhaps the biggest step in becoming whole, and un-hollowed;

Understanding, and relating.

The knight, like anything else, would oblige without anything to say, standing still at first and eventually politely sitting and staring at the girl as she poked and prodded at it's head. It tilted it's head like a dog and leaned it forward, allowing her some ease of access. The surface of it's head and "horns" was smooth but a bit dry, like bone.

And then, the knight did something unexpected. When Libra brought up the word "inn", it prompted the knight to slowly turn it's head to look over at the man. It stared at him for a few moments, and then looked back at Casca. It saw her face once more, and then, it finally turned it's head to Libra.

It moved it's head left. And then it moved it's head right.

It just. . . shook it's head. It just said "No."

Why did it look back at the girl? Could it be that it didn't want to leave her here?​
"Mmm? Ah, no, you've done plenty, thank you," Luca replied to Libra, maintaining her friendly smile, "I suppose you ought to get back to the inn then. I can only imagine how long you've been traveling, after all."

As Hollow Knight continued interacting with Casca, Luca tilted her head as it seemed the broken woman took a liking to it. Both of them were such curious existences, she thought, and perhaps it was so, but in ways deeper than she might have realized. "Ohh? Looks like they've already made friends. I wonder what's going on in their minds right now," she idly said as she watched the two of them.

While the knight formulated thoughts along the lines of consciousness, Casca exhibited the opposite behavior, still acting somewhat mindlessly like an animal, or a baby more like, now giggling as though Hollow Knight's dry horns seemed to somehow tickle her a little as she kept gently touching. It appeared that she... enjoyed his presence even, while she hardly acknowledged anyone in the rest of the group when they had all traveled together.

@Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Brothel

Oh dear. Miki's mood changed quite a bit, so that meant that Yuki's attitude was something...off. Sumia didn't really get why, though. But this was the second time Yuki mentioned a "Megu-nee," and the second time Miki tensed because of it. Now wasn't the time to ask, but the time to hopefully keep them both happy.

"O-oh! Um, yes! I've been having lots of fun! Some of the rest of the group is out...sightseeing, but others are tired and came here to the inn! Me and Miki here have been doing flower fortunes, would you like one?"

@Ver

---

Libra watched the little knight and Casca together, smiling at the sight. "It's nice to see her in good spirits, considering how things have been so far," he said. But why had the little knight not wanted to leave? Unless...

"Is Casca to stay here for the time being?" He may have missed some conversation while at the inn.

@Ver @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT

"I found it in one of these rooms," Kokichi said, not really in the position to lie, "so somebody must have left it here. Now will you let me go?"
qVSiSmx.jpg

"That is definitely not Puck, last I checked, he was not that ugly," Ben says, "what is that?"

Guts demanded answers.

"Easy there big guy, I'll tell you."

Ben took a few deep breaths and began to elaborate, his face turning serious, yet his tone sounded like he was telling a ghost story, which in all fairness, he was.

"It was like, out of a horror movie. I couldn't believe my eyes. Virginia had a hard time opening the door, so Sebastian and I helped. I even remember turning into Fourarms... anyways, there were these... words from a nursery rhyme, jumbled up and written in blood coming from some kind of ghost or corpse hanging from a noose.

It twisted its head, then had this creepy smile before it went.

THERE

YOU

ARE

Yeah, something like that, except its mouth didn't move, like at all! It was untying its noose when you popped by."

For those three words in particular, Ben mimicked the voice and expression of the supposed ghost.

"Long story short, it's haunted. I'm guessing this red rock... Behelit thing detected the evil thing that caused that vision we saw?"
Clicking his tongue, Guts obliged Kokichi's request, letting go of his collar as he continued to hold up the so-called Behelit for everyone to see. The Black Swordsman listened silently to Ben's explanation, and while he didn't follow every single detail, such as the bit about a horror movie, but he got the gist of it. When the boy speculated on what might have happened, it was then that Guts furrowed his brow.

"Hmph. A Behelit on its own can't do jack shit. The thing about Crimson Behelits on top of that... They don't just show up out of the blue like this so conveniently," Guts began to explain, just as something strange began to happen.

The features on the Behelit began to morph, shifting and repositioning itself until the eyes, nose, and mouth all were in the same position as what would be found on a normal face. And then... it opened its eyes, and screamed once again, streams of red trickling down from its eyes.

tumblr_nsj4bbw3d11t06ubmo1_500.gif

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH--"

CRACK!

Before anyone knew it, Guts smashed the Behelit into the railing next to him. The object shattered like glass, breaking into a great many different pieces. Looking intently at everyone around him, Guts continued to speak.

"They also don't break so easily. It's a fake, but the fact that it's here, and morphed like it did..." He cocked his head up slightly, crossing his arms, "Someone's planting this fucked-up shit on purpose. Like telling us they're close. If you all swear you saw that vision... then who knows?"

QzZVrJk6Tnez93fodWNaWg.png

"Maybe they're already on their way here."

@Khan of the Mardu @Alex Azure @Takumi @Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @Crow @Upstairs Inn

Clicking his tongue, Guts obliged Kokichi's request, letting go of his collar as he continued to hold up the so-called Behelit for everyone to see. The Black Swordsman listened silently to Ben's explanation, and while he didn't follow every single detail, such as the bit about a horror movie, but he got the gist of it. When the boy speculated on what might have happened, it was then that Guts furrowed his brow.

"Hmph. A Behelit on its own can't do jack shit. The thing about Crimson Behelits on top of that... They don't just show up out of the blue like this so conveniently," Guts began to explain, just as something strange began to happen.

The features on the Behelit began to morph, shifting and repositioning itself until the eyes, nose, and mouth all were in the same position as what would be found on a normal face. And then... it opened its eyes, and screamed once again, streams of red trickling down from its eyes.

CRACK!

Before anyone knew it, Guts smashed the Behelit into the railing next to him. The object shattered like glass, breaking into a great many different pieces. Looking intently at everyone around him, Guts continued to speak.

"They also don't break so easily. It's a fake, but the fact that it's here, and morphed like it did..." He cocked his head up slightly, crossing his arms, "Someone's planting this fucked-up shit on purpose. Like telling us they're close. If you all swear you saw that vision... then who knows?"

@Khan of the Mardu @Alex Azure @Takumi @Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @Crow @Upstairs Inn

Ben covered his ears when the Behelit screamed.

"Easy on the ears rocky! That is so not- huh?"

The Behelit shattered. Most strange.

ESgMD2x.jpg

"Let's head downstairs and tell the others, pronto," Ben suggests. "Whoever's planting these spooks better prepare to get spooked themselves..."

@Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Alex Azure@Takumi @Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @Crow @Upstairs Inn

"Good to see that you're awake, Yuki-"

Ben shortly snaps out of whatever he was in when he waved at Yuki, shifting from mellow to serious, very serious.

"Anyways, we've got some pretty bad news. Wanna tell 'em, Guts?"

@Yun Lee

@Archmage Jeremiah

Libra watched the little knight and Casca together, smiling at the sight. "It's nice to see her in good spirits, considering how things have been so far," he said. But why had the little knight not wanted to leave? Unless...

"Is Casca to stay here for the time being?" He may have missed some conversation while at the inn.​
"Oh, believe me, you don't know the half of it," Luca responded to Libra's initial comment, stretching out her arms, "That girl has been through a lot, or so I can gather from her condition and how the big man is when it comes to talking about her."

"As for her staying here... Yeah, that's what Guts said he wanted. Guess wherever he's goin', I presume along with you, he intends on coming back right here. That's why he's also got those stooges over there," Luca said, gesturing toward Isidro and Puck, the boy giving an enthusiastic wave to the woman.

Guess that's just how boys like him were around women like her.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Josh

Josh who had totally been at the brothel the whole time looked over at the kids and decided to plop himself. He didn't want to get hurt or lose his mind and sat down, trying to process everything still. It wasn't going well.

@Ver @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Mike

Mike had not gotten lost trying to head to any of the location and if anyone said he did, he would deny it to the max extent. He looked over at the others when he finally reached the inn. " Yeah, the field trip is going really well.... I'm also surprised by the turn out," he said, trying his best to not make the delusional girl worse. He figured it was safest to hang here for now and would go if needed. He needed a moment to catch his breath.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Crow

Oh dear. Miki's mood changed quite a bit, so that meant that Yuki's attitude was something...off. Sumia didn't really get why, though. But this was the second time Yuki mentioned a "Megu-nee," and the second time Miki tensed because of it. Now wasn't the time to ask, but the time to hopefully keep them both happy.

"O-oh! Um, yes! I've been having lots of fun! Some of the rest of the group is out...sightseeing, but others are tired and came here to the inn! Me and Miki here have been doing flower fortunes, would you like one?"
Yuki_1060_copy.png

"A flower fortune? Sure, sounds fun!" Yuki exclaimed enthusiastically, trying to think of what question she should ask for it for a good moment, before finally making her decision.

"Mmmm... How about this? Do one for... whether or not Mii-kun will grow anymore in any way than she already has!"

Miki_117_copy.png

"Why ask that about me?!"

@Yun Lee

Last edited:

CRACK!

"So we need to be ready to face them, got it," Virginia nodded, having already guessed that the demon was at least aware of their presence in the town, "Too bad that little Behelit's a fake like you said... Would be good to hang those things up from a central spot in the building and just use it as a warning siren. Anyways..."
Ben covered his ears when the Behelit screamed.

"Easy on the ears rocky! That is so not- huh?"

The Behelit shattered. Most strange.

ESgMD2x.jpg

"Let's head downstairs and tell the others, pronto," Ben suggests. "Whoever's planting these spooks better prepare to get spooked themselves..."

@Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Alex Azure@Takumi @Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @Crow @Upstairs Inn

"Good to see that you're awake, Yuki-"

Ben shortly snaps out of whatever he was in when he waved at Yuki, shifting from mellow to serious, very serious.

"Anyways, we've got some pretty bad news. Wanna tell 'em, Guts?"

@Yun Lee

@Archmage Jeremiah
The drifter didn't even wait for Guts to explain, jumping in herself with a solemn expression, "The demon knows we're here, and it may be coming for us right now. A few of us had a vision of my room being splattered with blood with a hanging body that spoke until Guts snapped us out, and it planted a fake... Behelit that detects evil to mess with us."

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Ver @Alex Azure @Takumi @Raptor Jesus @Crow

CRACK!

"If they are then we need to tell the others and prepare," Grace responded looking down at the shattered trinket. "We shouldn't make it easier for them after all."

Story Update
"What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse"

XMX8_JXMRSd_b_AEy-_Dk_UV4g.png

"... Is that so," Constantine said softly in an almost casual voice, having another smoke as Virginia revealed her findings in her own room. To the unobservant, it might have looked like the blonde man didn't even care, but in truth, he was contemplative. Perhaps to a degree, he saw it coming after the run-in with Faust earlier, and perhaps it was even a lack of foresight that caused their presence to alert Faust and whoever had taken him in, but then again, on the other hand, maybe it was inevitable.

And besides, Constantine would be lying if he didn't figure that in its own way, it could be a good thing that he found them. After all, if he couldn't find Faust, Faust would certainly find him.

"Y'know, here I went and gone thinkin' that it was just bein' in a world where shitters and air filterin' didn't exist that was bringing me on edge, but I guess that's what I get for hopin' it's something else. Who woulda thought even after our spat in the town before, Faust still wanted to earwig in on where we were goin'," he commented, before digging his cigarette into the counter in the absence of an ashtray (only to light a new one), before his eyes narrowed, more fiercely than before. It seemed that he sensed the presence of evil in the inn as well, but didn't comment on it, believing it to be negligible. After all, as the God Hand implied with the existence of this curse, humans were bathed in evil and malevolence; it was perfectly natural to find a good amount of it in any decently populated area.

"Gather everyone around," he said in a far more forceful tone than he ever took before. "Can't believe I gotta be the bloody makeshift gaffer 'round these parts..."

After a few minutes, once the entire group had all convened in the inn, Constantine took the center, hoping that he had everyone's attention.

heart28.png

"So then... Looks like we're in a bit of a patch. You lot remember my dear friend, Felix Faust, from the town before, right? Looks like the bloody arsemonger went ahead and got all impatient. 'Stead of letting us find him like a game of hide 'n seek, he wanted to turn the tables and find us, and it looks like he just might have. Maybe it was only a matter of time, maybe we were fated even for this, but it doesn't matter. The winds may be shifting, but he's seriously lost the plot if he thinks he can take us all on, right? After all, if it's not brains you got in those thick skulls of yours, it's gotta be brawn, eh?" He inquired facetiously, propping one foot on top of a chair.

"But even so... I don't intend on dyin' here, especially not until I find what I'm looking for, and I imagine you all feel the same, so let's take a moment to discuss this. Let's consider our options, even. What do you lot think? Should we try to make a break for it and hightail it outta this village? Try to stay here and stand our ground?"

Yuki_1000_copy.png

"Ooh, are we gonna compete against a rival school? We should definitely come up with a strategy!"

"The mood has been ruined."

With everyone gathered in the inn now, they were free to discuss whatever as they pleased, whether it be about their suggestion for the best course of action, how to prepare for such an impending attack, or even just about anything else.

It was the calm before the storm, and this storm was hellbent on something alright.​

"U-Uh...yeah! Rival school!" Sumia really had no idea what was going on with Yuki, but it was best to humor her, considering Miki and the others did so. "Oh! And by the way..." She leaned over, as if telling a secret. "The fortune says Miki isn't gonna grow. But don't tell her I said that." She would give Yuki a wink as well.

Truth be told, strategy was NOT Sumia's strong suit. That was what Robin was for, and Sumia, well...she took care of animals? And fought too, for sure, but not like the others. But then again, not everyone was cut out for fighting or strategy. In fact, this job, watching the kids, was probably the best place she could be.

Meanwhile, Libra was contemplating their options. "I don't feel comfortable leaving this town and what inhabitants are remaining without protection," he admitted. "And, as you said, an ally of yours was under his control. Perhaps we could capture him and deal a blow to Faust in that way?"

Glancing at Sumia and the girls, Libra would add, "I would rather the children be safe in here, than out on the run."

@Ver @Everyone tbh​

Story Update

"... Is that so," Constantine said softly in an almost casual voice, having another smoke as Virginia revealed her findings in her own room. To the unobservant, it might have looked like the blonde man didn't even care, but in truth, he was contemplative. Perhaps to a degree, he saw it coming after the run-in with Faust earlier, and perhaps it was even a lack of foresight that caused their presence to alert Faust and whoever had taken him in, but then again, on the other hand, maybe it was inevitable.

And besides, Constantine would be lying if he didn't figure that in its own way, it could be a good thing that he found them. After all, if he couldn't find Faust, Faust would certainly find him.

"Y'know, here I went and gone thinkin' that it was just bein' in a world where shitters and air filterin' didn't exist that was bringing me on edge, but I guess that's what I get for hopin' it's something else. Who woulda thought even after our spat in the town before, Faust still wanted to earwig in on where we were goin'," he commented, before digging his cigarette into the counter in the absence of an ashtray (only to light a new one), before his eyes narrowed, more fiercely than before. It seemed that he sensed the presence of evil in the inn as well, but didn't comment on it, believing it to be negligible. After all, as the God Hand implied with the existence of this curse, humans were bathed in evil and malevolence; it was perfectly natural to find a good amount of it in any decently populated area.

"Gather everyone around," he said in a far more forceful tone than he ever took before. "Can't believe I gotta be the bloody makeshift gaffer 'round these parts..."

After a few minutes, once the entire group had all convened in the inn, Constantine took the center, hoping that he had everyone's attention.

heart28.png

"So then... Looks like we're in a bit of a patch. You lot remember my dear friend, Felix Faust, from the town before, right? Looks like the bloody arsemonger went ahead and got all impatient. 'Stead of letting us find him like a game of hide 'n seek, he wanted to turn the tables and find us, and it looks like he just might have. Maybe it was only a matter of time, maybe we were fated even for this, but it doesn't matter. The winds may be shifting, but he's seriously lost the plot if he thinks he can take us all on, right? After all, if it's not brains you got in those thick skulls of yours, it's gotta be brawn, eh?" He inquired facetiously, propping one foot on top of a chair.

"But even so... I don't intend on dyin' here, especially not until I find what I'm looking for, and I imagine you all feel the same, so let's take a moment to discuss this. Let's consider our options, even. What do you lot think? Should we try to make a break for it and hightail it outta this village? Try to stay here and stand our ground?"

Yuki_1000_copy.png

"Ooh, are we gonna compete against a rival school? We should definitely come up with a strategy!"

With everyone gathered in the inn now, they were free to discuss whatever as they pleased, whether it be about their suggestion for the best course of action, how to prepare for such an impending attack, or even just about anything else.

It was the calm before the storm, and this storm was hellbent on something alright.​
"U-Uh...yeah! Rival school!" Sumia really had no idea what was going on with Yuki, but it was best to humor her, considering Miki and the others did so. "Oh! And by the way..." She leaned over, as if telling a secret. "The fortune says Miki isn't gonna grow. But don't tell her I said that." She would give Yuki a wink as well.

Truth be told, strategy was NOT Sumia's strong suit. That was what Robin was for, and Sumia, well...she took care of animals? And fought too, for sure, but not like the others. But then again, not everyone was cut out for fighting or strategy. In fact, this job, watching the kids, was probably the best place she could be.

Meanwhile, Libra was contemplating their options. "I don't feel comfortable leaving this town and what inhabitants are remaining without protection," he admitted. "And, as you said, an ally of yours was under his control. Perhaps we could capture him and deal a blow to Faust in that way?"

Glancing at Sumia and the girls, Libra would add, "I would rather the children be safe in here, than out on the run."

@Ver @Everyone tbh​

IvYU1Y1.png

"Yes, Yuki, a strategy," Ben's mood was brightened, before returning to his more fitting grim one.

He thinks.

FSHXqux.png

"We're going to need to face him sooner or later. And I agree with what Libra said, we're staying here and guarding the fort, as well as the folk that live here, before he causes any collateral damage to attract our attention, and it's best for everyone without any means of fighting such a level of danger to stay inside," Ben elaborates, "this is a strategy, so we're going to plan something beyond a simple decision of what to do."

Ben scrolls through the holograms on his Omnitrix.

"So, are we going to strategically place ourselves in different parts of town based on whether we're melee, ranged or support-types, or are we just going to bundle up together, at least in a formation?"

@Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Alex Azure @Raptor Jesus @etcetcetc​

Last edited:
Story Update

heart28.png

Yuki_1000_copy.png

@Ver @Everyone tbh​
IvYU1Y1.png

"Yes, Yuki, a strategy," Ben's mood was brightened, before returning to his more fitting grim one.

He thinks.

FSHXqux.png

"We're going to need to face him sooner or later. And I agree with what Libra said, we're staying here and guarding the fort, as well as the folk that live here, before he causes any collateral damage to attract our attention, and it's best for everyone without any means of fighting such a level of danger to stay inside," Ben elaborates, "this is a strategy, so we're going to plan something beyond a simple decision of what to do."

Ben scrolls through the holograms on his Omnitrix.

"So, are we going to strategically place ourselves in different parts of town based on whether we're melee, ranged or support-types, or are we just going to bundle up together, at least in a formation?"

@Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Alex Azure @Raptor Jesus @etcetcetc​

"If we stay here, then we have a fort to defend. If we start running, then Faust is probably gonna catch up to us anyway. I say we stay here and fight. We can make this inn the base of operations until further notice."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Everyone​

@Ver @Everyone tbh​

"I if I may be so bold to suggest," Grace said to get people's attention. "If we are trying to trap a demon, perhaps we can use salt to ensnare it?" She decided to elaborate, though she was quite sure someone like Constantine was very aware of it's uses.. "Salt has been used as away to ward off demons for a very long time, and not just in the culinary world. It can also used in reverse. If we lure the demon somewhere and finish the circle it will be trapped until the salt is disturbed. Obviously I imagine that salt is sparse but perhaps we can find a suitable area to entrap it?"

@Ver @Yun Lee @Everybody

"An excellent idea, Miss Grace. Though how we would lure the demon to us I do not know." Libra looked to Constantine. "Do you know what could possibly entice him to wherever we lay the trap?"

@Ver @Jeremi

g_Pb_J9u4_NTZ6m3_VOGn_NAZlw.png

"If you're lookin' for salt, look no further than him. He's practically teeming with it," Constantine said with a coy smirk, gesturing toward Guts.

"Fuck off."

"Anyway," the man said, his expression quickly turning serious once again, "I don't actually got salt on me. Mostly just a bunch of seals and wards on me. Guess it's egg on my face for never gettin' 'round to masterin' transfiguration," he sighed, running a gloved hand through his hair briefly, "And I imagine if it's Faust in the lead along with whoever he's serving under now, there's gonna be much more than just one demon. Plonker he may be, but if there's one thing Faust wants more than absolute power, it's me dead. Guess that's on me and extends to you all now, sorry 'bout that."

He didn't sound very sorry.

"In any case, it may sound good in theory, but unless you can just whip up a lot of salt big enough to make a grand ol' circle with..." Constantine let himself trail off.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Everybody

Libra thoight about it a moment, then looked to Sebastian. "...would you be able to obtain enough salt in time?" As much as he didn't want to rely on the demon butler, after his prowess with starting a fire and getting Sumia those flowers, perhaps he could aid them with this.

@Raptor Jesus @Ver @Jeremi

Story Update

heart28.png

Yuki_1000_copy.png

It took some coaxing to separate the little knight from Casca when it was time to convene, but eventually Hollow Knight joined the group at the peak of Constantine's explanation, waddling into the room and staring intently at the man like he was a television set. The man named "Constantine" talked alot - more than any of the other humans in this group. He surely talked more than the one named "Guts", and Hollow Knight didn't initially comprehend some of the complex words he was using.

Arsemonger, for one.

Though as he droned on, sparks of consciousness within the hollow void that was the knight's burgeoning thought process began to formulate the situation.

". . ."

They.

Them.

Demon.

Come.

Coming.

Place.

Village.

Now-

No.

Soon.

Words articulated from nothing, but the only thing the other's could hear was silence. The small knight rubbed it's horned head like Casca did before, feeling the dry surface of it's "mask" with it's tiny hand. It looked like what one does when they're figuring something out - rubbing their temples, trying to wrack their brain for a solution. Unfortunately, for the little knight, it lacked temples, a brain, and a solution. It would gaze at people as they chimed in, but it couldn't consider their words.

In response, Hollow Knight walked ahead as Constantine started jabbering again, deftly leaping off the floorboards up to a table, where it would meet a window at "eye"-level. The knight stood in the window of the Inn, staring out over the village as the sun slowly vanished underneath the horizon. The absence of the sun heralded something terrible, as night slowly began to take it's grip upon the world.

View attachment 2130

And the valiant knight drew it's nail, planting it in the table and resting it's hands upon the hilt of the blade. Regardless of "plans" or "traps" - the knight could find scraps of words and meanings in its vestigial memory.

". . ."

Kill.

Survive.

Survive.

Casca.

How can a thing fear, if it knows no fear?

@Raptor Jesus @Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Everybody

Libra thoight about it a moment, then looked to Sebastian. "...would you be able to obtain enough salt in time?" As much as he didn't want to rely on the demon butler, after his prowess with starting a fire and getting Sumia those flowers, perhaps he could aid them with this.

@Raptor Jesus @Ver @Jeremi
Sebastian and Ciel had remained silent the whole time, save for Ciel ordering Sebastian to stay behind and guard the fort with his life. He didn't need to prove where he stood

"Of course." Sebastian replied before turning around and sprinting off at full speed here again, the demon butler disappearing in quite literally the blink of an eye. Within a matter of seconds, Sebastian returned, holding two large containers of salt in both hands.

"I do hope that this is enough." Sebastian said with a grin.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Crow @whoever​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back