Status
Not open for further replies.
g_Pb_J9u4_NTZ6m3_VOGn_NAZlw.png

"If you're lookin' for salt, look no further than him. He's practically teeming with it," Constantine said with a coy smirk, gesturing toward Guts.

"Fuck off."

"Anyway," the man said, his expression quickly turning serious once again, "I don't actually got salt on me. Mostly just a bunch of seals and wards on me. Guess it's egg on my face for never gettin' 'round to masterin' transfiguration," he sighed, running a gloved hand through his hair briefly, "And I imagine if it's Faust in the lead along with whoever he's serving under now, there's gonna be much more than just one demon. Plonker he may be, but if there's one thing Faust wants more than absolute power, it's me dead. Guess that's on me and extends to you all now, sorry 'bout that."

He didn't sound very sorry.

"In any case, it may sound good in theory, but unless you can just whip up a lot of salt big enough to make a grand ol' circle with..." Constantine let himself trail off.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Everybody

"Alchemy's some pretty high-level stuff where I come from, I'm nowhere near that state, and I don't think any of my aliens have the ability to make or harvest salt. To top it off, we're pretty far from the sea..."

Ben ponders.

otRaCxa.jpg

"Show us how the circle's supposed to look," Ben says to Constantine with confidence as he unveils an orb of mana in his palm. "We'll gather as much salt as we can and figure something out from there... I hope. I think I'm going to need more mana than I currently have. Who wants to help supply me?"
Sebastian and Ciel had remained silent the whole time, save for Ciel ordering Sebastian to stay behind and guard the fort with his life. He didn't need to prove where he stood

"Of course." Sebastian replied before turning around and sprinting off at full speed here again, the demon butler disappearing in quite literally the blink of an eye. Within a matter of seconds, Sebastian returned, holding two large containers of salt in both hands.

"I do hope that this is enough." Sebastian said with a grin.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Crow @whoever​

nqxAo60.jpg

"Wait a second," Ben looks on at Sebastian with odd eyes. "How can he hold salt, let alone that much salt?"

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Raptor Jesus @Everybody

"Alchemy's some pretty high-level stuff where I come from, I'm nowhere near that state, and I don't think any of my aliens have the ability to make or harvest salt. To top it off, we're pretty far from the sea..."

Ben ponders.

otRaCxa.jpg

"Show us how the circle's supposed to look," Ben says to Constantine with confidence as he unveils an orb of mana in his palm. "We'll gather as much salt as we can and figure something out from there... I hope. I think I'm going to need more mana than I currently have. Who wants to help supply me?"

nqxAo60.jpg

"Wait a second," Ben looks on at Sebastian with odd eyes. "How can he hold salt, let alone that much salt?"

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Raptor Jesus @Everybody
Sebastian only chuckled.

demon_s_toy____sebastian_michaelis_x_reader_by_oppafaustusstyle-d6sofjg.png

"I'm simply one hell of a butler."

@Crow

Story Update
"What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse"

XMX8_JXMRSd_b_AEy-_Dk_UV4g.png

"... Is that so," Constantine said softly in an almost casual voice, having another smoke as Virginia revealed her findings in her own room. To the unobservant, it might have looked like the blonde man didn't even care, but in truth, he was contemplative. Perhaps to a degree, he saw it coming after the run-in with Faust earlier, and perhaps it was even a lack of foresight that caused their presence to alert Faust and whoever had taken him in, but then again, on the other hand, maybe it was inevitable.

And besides, Constantine would be lying if he didn't figure that in its own way, it could be a good thing that he found them. After all, if he couldn't find Faust, Faust would certainly find him.

"Y'know, here I went and gone thinkin' that it was just bein' in a world where shitters and air filterin' didn't exist that was bringing me on edge, but I guess that's what I get for hopin' it's something else. Who woulda thought even after our spat in the town before, Faust still wanted to earwig in on where we were goin'," he commented, before digging his cigarette into the counter in the absence of an ashtray (only to light a new one), before his eyes narrowed, more fiercely than before. It seemed that he sensed the presence of evil in the inn as well, but didn't comment on it, believing it to be negligible. After all, as the God Hand implied with the existence of this curse, humans were bathed in evil and malevolence; it was perfectly natural to find a good amount of it in any decently populated area.

"Gather everyone around," he said in a far more forceful tone than he ever took before. "Can't believe I gotta be the bloody makeshift gaffer 'round these parts..."

After a few minutes, once the entire group had all convened in the inn, Constantine took the center, hoping that he had everyone's attention.

heart28.png

"So then... Looks like we're in a bit of a patch. You lot remember my dear friend, Felix Faust, from the town before, right? Looks like the bloody arsemonger went ahead and got all impatient. 'Stead of letting us find him like a game of hide 'n seek, he wanted to turn the tables and find us, and it looks like he just might have. Maybe it was only a matter of time, maybe we were fated even for this, but it doesn't matter. The winds may be shifting, but he's seriously lost the plot if he thinks he can take us all on, right? After all, if it's not brains you got in those thick skulls of yours, it's gotta be brawn, eh?" He inquired facetiously, propping one foot on top of a chair.

"But even so... I don't intend on dyin' here, especially not until I find what I'm looking for, and I imagine you all feel the same, so let's take a moment to discuss this. Let's consider our options, even. What do you lot think? Should we try to make a break for it and hightail it outta this village? Try to stay here and stand our ground?"

Yuki_1000_copy.png

"Ooh, are we gonna compete against a rival school? We should definitely come up with a strategy!"

"The mood has been ruined."

With everyone gathered in the inn now, they were free to discuss whatever as they pleased, whether it be about their suggestion for the best course of action, how to prepare for such an impending attack, or even just about anything else.

It was the calm before the storm, and this storm was hellbent on something alright.​

"Ooh, ooh! Me-me-me! I have an idea!" Zoe shouted throughout the inn, holding her hand up high and flailing it about, "I'll distract all the baddies with my irresistible charms," she offered with total confidence and a flip of her free-flowing hair, "then - WHAM! - blow them all away with my Paddle Star skills!" she proclaimed, beating her hands together - fist into open palm - to accompany her onomatopoeia.

@really everyone, since we're all in the same place

Sebastian only chuckled.

demon_s_toy____sebastian_michaelis_x_reader_by_oppafaustusstyle-d6sofjg.png

"I'm simply one hell of a butler."

@Crow

"Let's just go with that," Ben adds, "it's good to know that your lack of a specific weakness qualifies you for cooking."
"Ooh, ooh! Me-me-me! I have an idea!" Zoe shouted throughout the inn, holding her hand up high and flailing it about, "I'll distract all the baddies with my irresistible charms," she offered with total confidence and a flip of her free-flowing hair, "then - WHAM! - blow them all away with my Paddle Star skills!" she proclaimed, beating her hands together - fist into open palm - to accompany her onomatopoeia.

@really everyone, since we're all in the same place

VIHYF65.jpg

"I was kinda like you a whole bunch of years ago, where my 'plans' would consist of simply turning into an alien and clobbering the bad guy, without much regard for teamwork," Ben says to the youthful Zoe, smile on his face, "don't you have something like stamina or a mana supply that needs recharging after you blow them away a whole bunch of times? We shouldn't let anyone on the team be completely vulnerable at any time."

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Raptor Jesus @Archmage Jeremiah @Everybody

VIHYF65.jpg

"I was kinda like you a whole bunch of years ago, where my 'plans' would consist of simply turning into an alien and clobbering the bad guy, without much regard for teamwork," Ben says to the youthful Zoe, smile on his face, "don't you have something like stamina or a mana supply that needs recharging after you blow them away a whole bunch of times? We shouldn't let anyone on the team be completely vulnerable at any time."

"Pfft, well, duh-huuuuh..." Zoe's words trailed off as she went slack-jawed upon turning to address Ben face-to-face, "I don't mind feeling vulnerable around you~" the juvenile aspect cooed out of the blue with a half-lidded look, clasping her hands together as she was swept off her feet at first sight - literally floating into the air as if she were relieved of the weight of the world for one blissfully infatuated moment. It was, however, only a moment before Zoe snapped out of the spell and fell flat on her back with light thud.

"Ow...I-I mean, yeah!" she quickly corrected herself with nervous laughter as she rebounded back onto her feet and dusted herself off, "All magic takes mana, unless you're some bunch of ninjas who think you're so much better than everyone else and the rules don't apply to you just because no-one can catch you,"

View attachment 2132

"So yeah, I use mana, but it's not like I'm gonna run out or anything! This isn't the League where they try to "balance" me by "nerfing" my "mana regen". What you see is 100% Zoe, in all my magnificence!"
she exclaimed, raising a fist to strike a pose for an uncomfortably long time as if she were waiting for a musical cue.

She was likely imagining her own music.

"Besides, it's not like I'm gonna be out there alone; Dariu- I mean, Guts is gonna be there too! With us!" Zoe added, broadly gesturing around the room, "I mean, you've seen what him, Constantine, and everyone else can do right? We're awesome! Amazing! Awesomazing!" Zoe burst with excitement, shouting her praise loud enough for everyone to hear, "The universe always does things for a reason, and I am...99% sure it brought all of us here to fight! Fighting is what got us all here anyway, right?" Zoe proposed, showing off the mark of The Hand still present (and properly decorated) on the back of her left hand.

@Crow @Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Raptor Jesus @Everybody

otRaCxa.jpg

"Show us how the circle's supposed to look," Ben says to Constantine with confidence as he unveils an orb of mana in his palm.​
tenor.gif

"I dunno. Make a pentagram or something," Constantine shrugged.

@Crow @Everybody

"Pfft, well, duh-huuuuh..." Zoe's words trailed off as she went slack-jawed upon turning to address Ben face-to-face, "I don't mind feeling vulnerable around you~" the juvenile aspect cooed out of the blue with a half-lidded look, clasping her hands together as she was swept off her feet at first sight - literally floating into the air as if she were relieved of the weight of the world for one blissfully infatuated moment. It was, however, only a moment before Zoe snapped out of the spell and fell flat on her back with light thud.

"Ow...I-I mean, yeah!" she quickly corrected herself with nervous laughter as she rebounded back onto her feet and dusted herself off, "All magic takes mana, unless you're some bunch of ninjas who think you're so much better than everyone else and the rules don't apply to you just because no-one can catch you,"

View attachment 2132

"So yeah, I use mana, but it's not like I'm gonna run out or anything! This isn't the League where they try to "balance" me by "nerfing" my "mana regen". What you see is 100% Zoe, in all my magnificence!"
she exclaimed, raising a fist to strike a pose for an uncomfortably long time as if she were waiting for a musical cue.

She was likely imagining her own music.

"Besides, it's not like I'm gonna be out there alone; Dariu- I mean, Guts is gonna be there too! With us!" Zoe added, broadly gesturing around the room, "I mean, you've seen what him, Constantine, and everyone else can do right? We're awesome! Amazing! Awesomazing!" Zoe burst with excitement, shouting her praise loud enough for everyone to hear, "The universe always does things for a reason, and I am...99% sure it brought all of us here to fight! Fighting is what got us all here anyway, right?" Zoe proposed, showing off the mark of The Hand still present (and properly decorated) on the back of her left hand.

@Crow @Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Raptor Jesus @Everybody

qUZKmBw.jpg

"..."

When Zoe snapped out, Ben stopped his shock and smiled as she explained her feats and proposed her further plans.

ZZXKbXM.jpg

"Looks like the two of us are on the same page after all. I'm beginning to like you," Ben nods. "any other suggestions before we align ourselves in an orderly manner and prepare to kick Felix's butt?"

tenor.gif

"I dunno. Make a pentagram or something," Constantine shrugged.

@Crow @Everybody

"That was anticlimatic."

With a sigh, Ben shapes the mana in his hands into a small, typical star-circle pentagram, with the lines popping up to give a brief 3D feel on a 2D shape.

o8qC8uY.jpg

"We just need to make this a lot bigger, and even then I really doubt something this simple can stop Felix... err... Faust. This should enhance the effects of the salt after overlapping it, though," Ben adds, "don't we need to slap some magic words on this thing for it to work? I could really use a little help with that."

@Crow @Ver @Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @Takumi @Alex Azure @Lucky @Everyone​

Last edited:
qUZKmBw.jpg

"..."

When Zoe snapped out, Ben stopped his shock and smiled as she explained her feats and proposed her further plans.

ZZXKbXM.jpg

"Looks like the two of us are on the same page after all. I'm beginning to like you," Ben nods. "any other suggestions before we align ourselves in an orderly manner and prepare to kick Felix's butt?"

"That was anticlimatic."

With a sigh, Ben shapes the mana in his hands into a small, typical star-circle pentagram, with the lines popping up to give a brief 3D feel on a 2D shape.

o8qC8uY.jpg

"We just need to make this a lot bigger, and even then I really doubt something this simple can stop Felix... err... Faust. This should enhance the effects of the salt after overlapping it, though," Ben adds, "don't we need to slap some magic words on this thing for it to work? I could really use a little help with that."

@Crow @Ver @Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @Takumi @Alex Azure @Lucky @Everyone​

kYDmpTe.png

"Really, I'm not too convinced playing with salt like it's sand was our best strategy..." Sera didn't buy into the idea just salt would stop people from trying to kill them, demons or not. Magic words sounded more reliable, but then what was the point of the salt? Was there a salt witch, who could only enchant salt? "Maybe we should just try to find a good place to look out for Faust from? Then we can, uh, throw the salt wherever they're coming from! Or something like that."

@Crow @everyone​

kYDmpTe.png

"Really, I'm not too convinced playing with salt like it's sand was our best strategy..." Sera didn't buy into the idea just salt would stop people from trying to kill them, demons or not. Magic words sounded more reliable, but then what was the point of the salt? Was there a salt witch, who could only enchant salt? "Maybe we should just try to find a good place to look out for Faust from? Then we can, uh, throw the salt wherever they're coming from! Or something like that."

@Crow @everyone​

ZqYCmvX.jpg

"The best place to look for someone would be high above, where we would have a wide, aerial view of the village," Ben adds to Sera's proposal, "we've got our fair share of fliers for that."

Ben points to Zoe, Astolfo, Soraka, Grace...

"And last but not least..."

... and himself.

"That's five fliers, provided I'm not missing anyone out. How many people do we need watching from the skies, anyways? If anything, we have more than enough guys on the ground."

@Ver @Kaykay @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva @Jeremi @Tutski19 @Everyone​

A thought came to Libra during these discussions of strategy. "We should have at least one or two people on guard at the brothel, in order to keep those staying there safe," he said.

"Ooh! Maybe the girls and I can be there during this whole thing?" Sumia chimed in. "It's easier to guard one building than two, I think. Er...it doesn't have anything the girls shouldn't see, right?"

@Ver @Kaykay @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah@Minerva @Jeremi @Tutski19 @Everyone​

Soraka agreed with Ben's statements, she knew that her best abiltites are her astronomical healing and swift snares. She would be better if she flew through the skies and supported them in a distance. She eyed her dangling feathery, light wings protruding out of her lower back. Being a Star Guardian definitely had its perks. With her mind made up, her gaze slowly moved, eyeing her companions one by one, "I'll be taking the skies, it's better for all of us if I support from afar..."

She then remembered that her attack prowess is essentialy weak and her most damaging magic are snares and star calls which means she couldn't take on a monster with strong aerial presence. She added, "But I would be vulnerable if I was alone, it would be better if we had 3 or 4 people in the skies..."

@Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @Otto @Kaykay @Archmage Jeremiah @Raptor Jesus @Everyone​

A thought came to Libra during these discussions of strategy. "We should have at least one or two people on guard at the brothel, in order to keep those staying there safe," he said.

"Ooh! Maybe the girls and I can be there during this whole thing?" Sumia chimed in. "It's easier to guard one building than two, I think. Er...it doesn't have anything the girls shouldn't see, right?"

@Ver @Kaykay @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah@Minerva @Jeremi @Tutski19 @Everyone​

"I humbly offer my services in guarding the brothel," Morte replied with a cheeky grin. "Some has to protect those poor defenseless girls after all. Just isn't right, you know."

ZqYCmvX.jpg

"The best place to look for someone would be high above, where we would have a wide, aerial view of the village," Ben adds to Sera's proposal, "we've got our fair share of fliers for that."

Ben points to Zoe, Astolfo, Soraka, Grace...

"And last but not least..."

... and himself.

"That's five fliers, provided I'm not missing anyone out. How many people do we need watching from the skies, anyways? If anything, we have more than enough guys on the ground."

@Ver @Kaykay @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva @Jeremi @Tutski19 @Everyone​

"I am afraid mine are just for show nowadays,"
Grace responded. "But surveying the area is not a bad idea, perhaps it can give us an idea of where the attack will come from and help us prepare."

@Ver @Kaykay @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah@Minerva @Yun Lee @Tutski19 @Everyone

"That leaves us with four fliers. We could go for one flier tracking each quarter of the village - North South East West, or two fliers tracking half the village each - North South," Ben continues, "in either situation, the village isn't too big so we'll be within flying distance of each other. Astolfo, Soraka, Zoe, what do you all think?"

GOeYJvY.jpg

He then turns to Sumia with a worried expression as she suggests that the School Living Club could join her in overlooking the brothel. "You guys will likely be outside so I think it's more of a 'shouldn't hear' than 'shouldn't see', but if there's a whole bunch of others assembled in the vicinity, I don't think I'll- I mean, we'll be too worried."

@Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @Otto @Kaykay @Minerva @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @Raptor Jesus @Tutski19 @Alex Azure @Everyone​

Last edited:
Sumia gave Ben a confused look. "Why would they be outside? The whole point is to have them INSIDE. If we keep them in the brothel, they'll be safe so we can guard it outside. But I can stay inside to keep watch in case of danger."

"If anyone is ill suited for battle, I recommend they stay with the girls," Libra said. "We need to make sure everyone stays safe."

@Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @Otto @Kaykay@Minerva @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @Raptor Jesus @Tutski19@Alex Azure @Everyone​

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Symphony"

As the group moved to the next location by Guts, a small village that he later said he'd heard rumors of a movement of evil there, in search of a possible great evil, they split up in order to learn more about the ins and outs of the place.

Constantine and a number of others traversed into the tavern in order to gauge the word of the locals within the village (Constantine moreso just needing a drink). From there, the group learns about mass plagues and madness sweeping the village, as well as rumors of the presence of evil in the shape of demons and dark sorcerers terrorizing the village. However, these demonstrations of evil influence did not create the malevolence seen in the village, as it had always been present, as seen when the group later intervenes upon seeing a customer at the tavern harass a barmaid, only to realize that their actions had done more harm than good when the barmaid explains that the man will go on to refocus all his anger on his own daughter, the barmaid's friend, a situation that she had deliberately been trying to avoid.

Guts, Isidro, Puck, and Casca made their way to the brothel in the meantime, along with a handful of others who follows along, reuniting with an old friend from before named Luca, who had since moved to this new village since the last time they had met for a temporary amount of time. Guts requests that Isidro, Puck, and Casca be put under Luca's care while he plans to temporarily move on with the rest of the group, believing this to be a dangerous detour that leads him no closer to his true goal, but a path he must follow regardless. Luca accepts, and in return, the group tends to the girls in the brothel, who are all stricken with the aforementioned mystery plague. Luca also elaborates on the happenings around the village, explaining the situation with the rumors of demons and sorcerers just like at the tavern. All the while, the Hollow Knight interacts with Casca, realizing her infantile mannerisms as "incomplete" of a person, and later on, Libra appears and uses his healing spells to cure the girls of their afflicted plague. Luca laments on how, while she is glad that the girls are healed, this means that they must return to the disheartening work of being an escort of a brothel, an occupation she believes no girl should ever be employed in.

All the while, most of the rest of the group ventures into the inn in order to acquire rooms, where they witness a number of guests hastily leaving the village, as well as the innkeeper himself, who is all but ready to close up shop, believing that it was only a matter of time before this barren village is abandoned. However, through Virginia's coaxing and the claims that the group are "demon hunters" who will save the village from its pestilence, the innkeeper relents and allows them all rooms to rest in. Things take a sharp turn around though as some of them check out their rooms. Virginia initially has trouble entering her own room, prompting Ben and Sebastian to help open the door. Inside, the room is covered in bloody words painted all over, citing nursery rhymes, and a corpse hanging from the ceiling that suddenly reanimates and looks back at them, before Guts, having finished his business at the brothel earlier, appears before them, and it is revealed that they had witnessed a strange shared hallucination.

Paired with that and Kokichi finding a curious necklace with a red "jewel" on it, which Guts recognizes as a Behelit (albeit, a fake) and a symbol of his cursed past, he theorizes that the enemy (Faust and whoever he serves) have been alerted to the group's presence in the village and are likely on their way to attack now, prompting everyone to come together and talk about the best course of action.

Xvcg6xw_DQG69_Em28l_F5_AA.png

"If you lot are really set on this though, be sure to--" Constantine began to say as the group began to formulate a solid plan to prepare against the possible oncoming onslaught, but before he could say much, everyone's train of thought was interrupted by a shrill scream out of nowhere.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH!"

It was none other than the innkeeper, who had mostly been spending all his time nervously looking out the window and focusing more on minding his own business, not listening in on the conversation, but now, here he was, convulsing in agony as his body began vibrating suddenly. His wrists twisted in ways no human limb should ever twist naturally, as though invisible arms forced them to dislocate. The same happened to his neck, before he fell to the ground, his limbs continuing to contort in grotesque ways, before he suddenly shot up to his feet just as abruptly.

Standing before them, eyes suddenly glowing red, it was clear, at least to Constantine, what had just happened.

"Bloody hell, he's been possessed!" He said, drawing his lighter as though it were a gun, even pointing it at the possessed innkeeper dramatically, "Sorry 'bout this, laddie. But it's either me or you!"

FWOOSH!

g_QLW-i_DOQq_Sq_Li_Kf_NOCY8_A.png

Using his own personal magic, Constantine manipulated the fire in the lighter as he opened it up, the heat shooting out in a great burst and burning the man with a force great enough that he was sent flying into the wall, clothes and skin badly burned, but it seemed like he wasn't necessarily dead.

Without stopping to even feel bad about what he'd did to the poor man, let alone check to make sure he was alright, Constantine looked back to the group with a grave expression, eyes narrowed in a serious manner.

"Looks like it's already started. We need to--"

And then it started.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

"W-What was that?!"

"Good question," Guts gruffly said, before clenching his fists and walking over to the front door and opening it. And from there, it was quite clear to everyone.

"The welcoming party's already here."

tumblr_ozf68ua2qi1w4x15zo3_1280.gif

A literal rain of fire poured down upon the village, hitting the roof almost like burning hail, even if the individual pieces weren't that much at a given time, making them easy enough to avoid.

Still, that was perhaps the last thing on people's minds, as once everyone got a look at what the outside looked like, it was nothing good. Red sky littered the clouds, as if to mirror the bloodied scene before them. Monstrous demons ran amok, slaughtering the innocent, terrorized villagers, either with their razor sharp claws or their crocodile-like teeth. To call it horrific would have been an understatement; it was death and chaos as far as the eye could see.

Blood soaked everywhere, staining the ground, the well, the walls, and so forth, as civilians were slaughtered before everyone's eyes, despite their best efforts to run for their lives. And at the center of it all, there was no doubt that the demons were here for them.

"Waah! Is this a fireworks show?! Mii-kun, Kurumi-chan, Rii-san, we have to get a better look at them!" Yuki exclaimed, gesturing for her friends to follow, jumping into the fray and running deeper into the village, continuing as though everything was still fine obliviously.

"Yuki-senpai, wait!" Miki yelled out, running after her, forced to catch up to her once again, but now with far greater stakes compared to the last time.

Simultaneously, among the chaotic scene, screams could be distinctly heard from the brothel. Eye widening in alarm, Guts wordlessly took off toward the small building, running at a brisk pace, especially for someone with at least four hundred pounds worth of metal weighing him down.

Thus, the group had two places to choose from as to where to go:

Head deeper into the village, whether in hopes of taking on the demons and monsters head on and / or following Yuki and Miki to save them from harm.

Head to the brothel, where screams could be heard, just almost drowned out by what sounded like laughter as well. Guts was certainly eager to go there, at least.

Cast List
@Minerva as Astolfo (Type-Moon)
@Crow as Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
@Raptor Jesus as Ciel Phantomhive and Sebastian Michaelis (Black Butler)
@Jeremi as Fall-From-Grace and Mortimer Rictusgrin (Planescape)
@Sen as Genya Arikado (Castlevania)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Hollow Knight (Hollow Knight)
@dark as Jak (Jak & Daxter)
@Gummi Bunnies as Kaine and Emil (NieR)
@Alex Azure as Kokichi Oma (Danganronpa)
@Krieg as Kurumi Ebisuzawa (School-Live!)
@Yun Lee as Libra and Sumia (Fire Emblem)
@Takumi as Lindel (The Ancient Magus Bride)
@York as Lucatiel of Mirrah (Dark Souls II)
@Lucky as Mike Munroe and Joshua Washington (Until Dawn)
@Kaykay as Sera Mizuki (Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen)
@Otto as Siegward of Catarina (Dark Souls III)
@Tutski19 as Soraka (League of Legends)
@Khan of the Mardu as Virginia Maxwell (Wild Arms)
@Josh as Yuuri Wakasa (School-Live!)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Zoe (League of Legends)​

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Symphony"

As the group moved to the next location by Guts, a small village that he later said he'd heard rumors of a movement of evil there, in search of a possible great evil, they split up in order to learn more about the ins and outs of the place.

Constantine and a number of others traversed into the tavern in order to gauge the word of the locals within the village (Constantine moreso just needing a drink). From there, the group learns about mass plagues and madness sweeping the village, as well as rumors of the presence of evil in the shape of demons and dark sorcerers terrorizing the village. However, these demonstrations of evil influence did not create the malevolence seen in the village, as it had always been present, as seen when the group later intervenes upon seeing a customer at the tavern harass a barmaid, only to realize that their actions had done more harm than good when the barmaid explains that the man will go on to refocus all his anger on his own daughter, the barmaid's friend, a situation that she had deliberately been trying to avoid.

Guts, Isidro, Puck, and Casca made their way to the brothel in the meantime, along with a handful of others who follows along, reuniting with an old friend from before named Luca, who had since moved to this new village since the last time they had met for a temporary amount of time. Guts requests that Isidro, Puck, and Casca be put under Luca's care while he plans to temporarily move on with the rest of the group, believing this to be a dangerous detour that leads him no closer to his true goal, but a path he must follow regardless. Luca accepts, and in return, the group tends to the girls in the brothel, who are all stricken with the aforementioned mystery plague. Luca also elaborates on the happenings around the village, explaining the situation with the rumors of demons and sorcerers just like at the tavern. All the while, the Hollow Knight interacts with Casca, realizing her infantile mannerisms as "incomplete" of a person, and later on, Libra appears and uses his healing spells to cure the girls of their afflicted plague. Luca laments on how, while she is glad that the girls are healed, this means that they must return to the disheartening work of being an escort of a brothel, an occupation she believes no girl should ever be employed in.

All the while, most of the rest of the group ventures into the inn in order to acquire rooms, where they witness a number of guests hastily leaving the village, as well as the innkeeper himself, who is all but ready to close up shop, believing that it was only a matter of time before this barren village is abandoned. However, through Virginia's coaxing and the claims that the group are "demon hunters" who will save the village from its pestilence, the innkeeper relents and allows them all rooms to rest in. Things take a sharp turn around though as some of them check out their rooms. Virginia initially has trouble entering her own room, prompting Ben and Sebastian to help open the door. Inside, the room is covered in bloody words painted all over, citing nursery rhymes, and a corpse hanging from the ceiling that suddenly reanimates and looks back at them, before Guts, having finished his business at the brothel earlier, appears before them, and it is revealed that they had witnessed a strange shared hallucination.

Paired with that and Kokichi finding a curious necklace with a red "jewel" on it, which Guts recognizes as a Behelit (albeit, a fake) and a symbol of his cursed past, he theorizes that the enemy (Faust and whoever he serves) have been alerted to the group's presence in the village and are likely on their way to attack now, prompting everyone to come together and talk about the best course of action.

"If you lot are really set on this though, be sure to--" Constantine began to say as the group began to formulate a solid plan to prepare against the possible oncoming onslaught, but before he could say much, everyone's train of thought was interrupted by a shrill scream out of nowhere.

It was none other than the innkeeper, who had mostly been spending all his time nervously looking out the window and focusing more on minding his own business, not listening in on the conversation, but now, here he was, convulsing in agony as his body began vibrating suddenly. His wrists twisted in ways no human limb should ever twist naturally, as though invisible arms forced them to dislocate. The same happened to his neck, before he fell to the ground, his limbs continuing to contort in grotesque ways, before he suddenly shot up to his feet just as abruptly.

Standing before them, eyes suddenly glowing red, it was clear, at least to Constantine, what had just happened.

"Bloody hell, he's been possessed!" He said, drawing his lighter as though it were a gun, even pointing it at the possessed innkeeper dramatically, "Sorry 'bout this, laddie. But it's either me or you!"

FWOOSH!

Using his own personal magic, Constantine manipulated the fire in the lighter as he opened it up, the heat shooting out in a great burst and burning the man with a force great enough that he was sent flying into the wall, clothes and skin badly burned, but it seemed like he wasn't necessarily dead.

Without stopping to even feel bad about what he'd did to the poor man, let alone check to make sure he was alright, Constantine looked back to the group with a grave expression, eyes narrowed in a serious manner.

And then it started.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

"W-What was that?!"

"Good question," Guts gruffly said, before clenching his fists and walking over to the front door and opening it. And from there, it was quite clear to everyone.

A literal rain of fire poured down upon the village, hitting the roof almost like burning hail, even if the individual pieces weren't that much at a given time, making them easy enough to avoid.

Still, that was perhaps the last thing on people's minds, as once everyone got a look at what the outside looked like, it was nothing good. Red sky littered the clouds, as if to mirror the bloodied scene before them. Monstrous demons ran amok, slaughtering the innocent, terrorized villagers, either with their razor sharp claws or their crocodile-like teeth. To call it horrific would have been an understatement; it was death and chaos as far as the eye could see.

Blood soaked everywhere, staining the ground, the well, the walls, and so forth, as civilians were slaughtered before everyone's eyes, despite their best efforts to run for their lives. And at the center of it all, there was no doubt that the demons were here for them.

"Waah! Is this a fireworks show?! Mii-kun, Kurumi-chan, Rii-san, we have to get a better look at them!" Yuki exclaimed, gesturing for her friends to follow, jumping into the fray and running deeper into the village, continuing as though everything was still fine obliviously.

"Yuki-senpai, wait!" Miki yelled out, running after her, forced to catch up to her once again, but now with far greater stakes compared to the last time.

Simultaneously, among the chaotic scene, screams could be distinctly heard from the brothel. Eye widening in alarm, Guts wordlessly took off toward the small building, running at a brisk pace, especially for someone with at least four hundred pounds worth of metal weighing him down.

Head deeper into the village, whether in hopes of taking on the demons and monsters head on and / or following Yuki and Miki to save them from harm.

Head to the brothel, where screams could be heard, just almost drowned out by what sounded like laughter as well. Guts was certainly eager to go there, at least.

Cast List
Survive.

Survive.

Survive.

View attachment 2151

Hollow Knight mimicked Guts' action perfectly, taking off after the large man at a far faster pace. It deftly leapt over crumbling debris and dashed through the air like a bullet, leaving a trail of some black substance floating about like gas as it coursed towards the Brothel.

@Ver @Brothel

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Symphony"

FWOOSH!

And then it started.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

"W-What was that?!"

Cast List
stEgw.jpg

"Well, that's certainly
one way to make an entrance..." Ciel huffed as he stood with the group, his arms neatly folded and hugged close to his chest. "It appears that the demons are more rampant in the village. If my presumption is correct, Felix Faust should be there as well."

8d41667ff2d50895ee10dd326414326c--black-butler-alois-black-butler-kuroshitsuji.jpg

"Sebastian! I order you to accompany me to the village!" Ciel shouted, causing his faithful butler to simply nod in return.

And with that, the two headed deeper into the village.

@Ver @Village​

Fire. Chaos. Destruction. Slaughter.

These were all warnings given by a select few who travelled from a dark future to save the past before Grima could destroy them. They had succeeded, the world was at peace, never to know of the horrors of a nightmarish future.

Until now.

Libra and Sumia watched as innocent people, who they'd hoped to protect, were massacred before their eyes. This was far worse than anything they could have hoped. Having fought in the Ylissian army, both were used to slaughter and injustice...but never to this degree. And now, it seemed everyone they wanted to protect was in danger.

"GIRLS!!!" Sumia raced deeper into the village after Miki and Yuki, desperate to save them before anything happened to them. Libra, meanwhile, hurried to the brothel, determined to protect everyone there.

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Raptor Jesus

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Symphony"

FWOOSH!

And then it started.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

"W-What was that?!"

Cast List

Even if Constantine didn't care, Grace did and cast a healing spell on the inn keeper before standing up. "I am heading into the village anyone is welcome to full me."

@Ver @Village

Morte meanwhile was already heading out the door. "We gotta save the girls!" Was the only thing he exclaimed before heading towards the brothel.

@Brothel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back