Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sounds frightening, but I've taken on quite a good bunch of frights myself. Is she really that bad?" Lodestar asked, then remembered what the British man's profession was.

BBFyA8n.jpg

"... you're speaking from experience, aren't you?"
8bx_X7mg_FT4a_Z8_Jx_URu-2_Qg.png

"Well. Not personal experience. But the poor bloke who felt her wrath... They say he was so thoroughly humiliated when she publicly devastated him, that was the sole reason he left the... ahem, organization. Knowing how self-indulgent and prideful that guy was though, he'd probably deny it if you'd ask him. But everyone knows. They don't wanna say anything 'cause that's the nice thing to do, but everyone knows what really happened," Constantine sighed in a tone that suggested he didn't care much for the individual in question to begin with, or else he'd sound more concerned.

"Y'know, a bit like when someone kicks you right in the nads and everyone sees you fall down. People might be nice enough to not recall it in front of you later on, but at the end of the day, you still got kicked in the nads, and everyone knows it."

@Crow

Libra wouldn't admit it, but he was extremely relieved to be on the ground again. Though...considering the way Constantine introduced their savior...was it really for the best? Considering the type of man he said suffered her wrath, maybe he was just trying to make a joke at her expense. Hopefully. "Thank you very much, Miss Morrigan. Your help is much appreciated."

"Oh, yes, thank yo-ooh!!" Unfortunately for Sumia, her landing on the ground didn't go as gracefully as she would've liked, as she fell to the ground with an unceremonious thud. "Ugh..." At least she didn't have to worry about her skirt causing problems anymore.

@Ver @Minerva @Atomic Knight@Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @Tutski19@Kaykay @Crow @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Otto @Lucky @Archmage Jeremiah @Everyone

8bx_X7mg_FT4a_Z8_Jx_URu-2_Qg.png

"Well. Not personal experience. But the poor bloke who felt her wrath... They say he was so thoroughly humiliated when she publicly devastated him, that was the sole reason he left the... ahem, organization. Knowing how self-indulgent and prideful that guy was though, he'd probably deny it if you'd ask him. But everyone knows. They don't wanna say anything 'cause that's the nice thing to do, but everyone knows what really happened," Constantine sighed in a tone that suggested he didn't care much for the individual in question to begin with, or else he'd sound more concerned.

"Y'know, a bit like when someone kicks you right in the nads and everyone sees you fall down. People might be nice enough to not recall it in front of you later on, but at the end of the day, you still got kicked in the nads, and everyone knows it."

@Crow

rCBsNTI.jpg

"Alright then," Lodestar replies awkwardly, knowing very well that it was best not to learn more about this story, or any related story for that matter. "Let's just keep walking up till we see Dracula. Can't be hard to miss."

He then turns to Yuki and Zoe for a bit, attempting to converse with some people during the trip up. He figured that these two in particular would have different opinions from the rest.

"So uh... how do you guys... uh... feel about this place?"

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Archmage Jeremiah

Libra wouldn't admit it, but he was extremely relieved to be on the ground again. Though...considering the way Constantine introduced their savior...was it really for the best? Considering the type of man he said suffered her wrath, maybe he was just trying to make a joke at her expense. Hopefully. "Thank you very much, Miss Morrigan. Your help is much appreciated."

"Oh, yes, thank yo-ooh!!" Unfortunately for Sumia, her landing on the ground didn't go as gracefully as she would've liked, as she fell to the ground with an unceremonious thud. "Ugh..." At least she didn't have to worry about her skirt causing problems anymore.

@Ver @Minerva @Atomic Knight@Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @Tutski19@Kaykay @Crow @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Otto @Lucky @Archmage Jeremiah @Everyone
As they made their way up the steps, Sebastian noticed Sumia fall yet again, to which he approached her and helped hed up, again.

0w5Yv.jpg

"My my, Miss Sumia, you really do need to watch your step. You could easily get bruised, especially on a staircase such as this."

@Yun Lee

Mike Munroe and Josh Washington

Josh noticed the staircase come down and pushed Mike forward to take the lead for them. He wasn't about to the guy in the front who could get hurt. " Come on chicken liver, we'll go together so that if there is any danger, we can face it together.... you know instead of cowering in the corner and behind the big tough men and hiding with the girls. Of course, I think we shall wait for the rest of the group regardless. So, Miss Morrigan if I may be so bold to ask, why are you here in this castle?" Mike asked her.

Meanwhile Josh went back to doing what he did best- moping and hiding while he waited and rocking himself.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Raptor Jesus @Everyone

Josh noticed the staircase come down and pushed Mike forward to take the lead for them. He wasn't about to the guy in the front who could get hurt. " Come on chicken liver, we'll go together so that if there is any danger, we can face it together.... you know instead of cowering in the corner and behind the big tough men and hiding with the girls. Of course, I think we shall wait for the rest of the group regardless. So, Miss Morrigan if I may be so bold to ask, why are you here in this castle?" Mike asked her.

Meanwhile Josh went back to doing what he did best- moping and hiding while he waited and rocking himself.

9BKgR.jpg

"You've got to be kidding me."
Ciel muttered, scoffing as Josh sat in his way whilst he continued to climb the seemingly never-ending staircase.

QYKVD.jpg

"You are beginning to become more of a nuisance than a simple mild annoyance. If you insist on continuing to mope about like the pathetic mutt you are, then so be it. But stay out of my way while you continue to do so."
Ciel said harshly as he shoved past Josh and continued upwards, not even looking back as he did so.

@Lucky

9BKgR.jpg

"You've got to be kidding me."
Ciel muttered, scoffing as Josh sat in his way whilst he continued to climb the seemingly never-ending staircase.

QYKVD.jpg

"You are beginning to become more of a nuisance than a simple mild annoyance. If you insist on continuing to mope about like the pathetic mutt you are, then so be it. But stay out of my way while you continue to do so."
Ciel said harshly as he shoved past Josh and continued upwards, not even looking back as he did so.

@Lucky

"Hey, hey, what's with the insults~"

A familiar voice sounded.

tumblr_ousndbqdby1sebz5yo1_500.gif

"I think both of you need to turn those frowns upside down, s'il vous plaît? We've already got enough grief lying around, let's stop adding more moodiness to the mood, alright?"

Astolfo casually pats both boys on the back.

bGTxS1e.png

"Astolfo? Where have you been all this time?"

"Here. I was here this whole time! Why the question... uh..."

Lodestar points to the emblem on its chest.

"Oh! Ben! You certainly don't talk like him."

"I don't exactly use signature catchphrases while climbing stairs, you know. Anyways, I guess that means you know what's going on?"

"I'll have you know that I've met the actual Dracula before... in a sense. He prefers Vlad. Vlad the Impaler, absolutely hates the Dracula name, thinks the legend gives him a bad reputation, but I think it produced some pretty fancy B-movies. Pretty strict guy, but nothing like this, until he went crazy and went out in the Holy Grail War."

"I thought you were from Medieval France."

"You have your long stories, I have mine~."

jjsoWCj.png

@Lucky @Raptor Jesus

"Hey, hey, what's with the insults~"

A familiar voice sounded.

tumblr_ousndbqdby1sebz5yo1_500.gif

"I think both of you need to turn those frowns upside down, s'il vous plaît? We've already got enough grief lying around, let's stop adding more moodiness to the mood, alright?"

Astolfo casually pats both boys on the back.

bGTxS1e.png

"Astolfo? Where have you been all this time?"

"Here. I was here this whole time! Why the question... uh..."

Lodestar points to the emblem on its chest.

"Oh! Ben! You certainly don't talk like him."

"I don't exactly use signature catchphrases while climbing stairs, you know. Anyways, I guess that means you know what's going on?"

"I'll have you know that I've met the actual Dracula before... in a sense. He prefers Vlad. Vlad the Impaler, absolutely hates the Dracula name, thinks the legend gives him a bad reputation, but I think it produced some pretty fancy B-movies. Pretty strict guy, but nothing like this, until he went crazy and went out in the Holy Grail War."

"I thought you were from Medieval France."

"You have your long stories, I have mine~."

jjsoWCj.png

@Lucky @Raptor Jesus
Ciel didn't acknowledge Astolfo beyond swatting his hand away when he pat him on the back.

Ouch.

@Crow @Lucky

Miki_1026_copy.png

"No, Yuki-senpai, it's not... um... W-Well, anyway," Miki began to respond to Yuki, before deciding not to finish her sentence, having a hard time figuring out what to really say anyway, especially with the appearance of a newcomer who looked like she wasn't an enemy at least (though "friend" was still up in the air).

As the woman addressed Constantine, evidently seeming to recognize him, as the blonde man recognized her in return, he let out a lightly exasperated sigh, running a hand through his hair and shaking his head briefly.

x5q_KUk_Kk_R3_O44xfk_Hv_Qu_Sw.png

"Very funny. I'm havin' a grand ol' giggle. How'd you even get here? In fact, more importantly, what are you even doin' here, Morrigan?" Constantine questioned, using the mysterious woman's name for everyone to hear, "You're an awful long way from home. My home, to be exact. Or did the House of Mystery ultimately turn out not to your liking? Or did you accidentally sling your last victim's balls into the next world and went lookin' for 'em?"

"U-Um, Mr. Constantine?" Miki inquired shyly, "Who... is this person?"

"Oh, of course. Where are my manners..." Constantine sighed, stepping to the side to allow everyone to see Morrigan, "Lads, this is Morrigan. Morrigan, these are the lads. They're all just... Well, let's just say they've all made a wrong turn in Liverpool and want to get back home, and that my objective just happens to align with theirs.

With that, he turned to face the group again, gesturing toward Morrigan as he began to explain how exactly he knew her. "You can say we're... colleagues of sorts, though maybe even that's a bit generous. Lassie's a real maneater, so don't get close. She'll rob you of your manhood, right in front of everybody! The things she'll do... they could keep a man awake and haunt him for a fortnight."

He was very determined to make a good first impression.

@Atomic Knight @Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @Tutski19 @Kaykay @Crow @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Otto @Lucky @Archmage Jeremiah @Everyone

"It's always nice to meet a friendly face,"
Grace replied to Morrigan and gave her a bow. "I am Fall-From-Grace, it's a pleasure."

@Atomic Knight @Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @Tutski19 @Kaykay @Crow @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Otto @Lucky @Archmage Jeremiah @Everyone

As they made their way up the steps, Sebastian noticed Sumia fall yet again, to which he approached her and helped hed up, again.

0w5Yv.jpg

"My my, Miss Sumia, you really do need to watch your step. You could easily get bruised, especially on a staircase such as this."

@Yun Lee

"You alright there, Sumia?" Morte asked floating up to the two. "Man you weren't kiddin' about the clumsy bit! Just as long as you don't hurt that pretty face of yours!"

"It's always nice to meet a friendly face," Grace replied to Morrigan and gave her a bow. "I am Fall-From-Grace, it's a pleasure."

"You alright there, Sumia?" Morte asked floating up to the two. "Man you weren't kiddin' about the clumsy bit! Just as long as you don't hurt that pretty face of yours!"

h3wci.png

"Ah, well hello there." Sebastian greeted Morte with a friendly smile.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee

Sumia sighed as Sebastian helped her up, more embarrassed than anything. "Believe me, I'm used to it...and I'd been doing so well up until now! But thank you for the help...again." As Morte joined them, she smiled a little. "If anything, this creepy castle just makes it all WORSE. Shaking in my boots makes it that much harder to stay standing!"

@Jeremi @Raptor Jesus

Sumia sighed as Sebastian helped her up, more embarrassed than anything. "Believe me, I'm used to it...and I'd been doing so well up until now! But thank you for the help...again." As Morte joined them, she smiled a little. "If anything, this creepy castle just makes it all WORSE. Shaking in my boots makes it that much harder to stay standing!"

@Jeremi @Raptor Jesus

"Eh." Morte shrugged his figurative shoulders. "Ain't nothin' scary about this place, except maybe the floor plannin' cause it doesn't make any sense! How are ya supposed to find anythin' in here with everythin' lookin' like it does. Maybe that's ol' Dracs plan? Make us so confused that we just leave."

@Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus

@Jeremi @Raptor Jesus

tumblr_inline_obd2cqHeAK1u8l5k4_100.png

"I assure you, Miss Sumia, you have nothing to fear. I highly doubt that any of the ghouls or monsters that we encounter in this castle could be any worse than any of the monstrosities we've encountered on our pilgrimage thus far."
Sebastian said softly, hoping to reassure Sumia before they reached whatever was at the top.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

Josh Washington

Josh turned to Astfolo when he patted him in the back and ignored Ciel. " Thanks, I needed that.... I suffer from depression and this is just a lot on me...'. and I don't cope well with it,"

@Crow

Josh Washington

Josh turned to Astfolo when he patted him in the back and ignored Ciel. " Thanks, I needed that.... I suffer from depression and this is just a lot on me...'. and I don't cope well with it,"

@Crow
"Yes, continue to wallow in your own self-pity while you expect others to come to your aid and feel sorry for you like a lost dog." Ciel said, having stopped in his tracks to glare down at Josh with his single emotionless eye.

QYKVD.jpg

"You are the lowest form of pathetic human waste, and a danger to the group at large. A man like you doesn't deserve pity. He only deserves to continue living and to suffer within the confines of the inescapable prison he formed with his own foolishness and incompetence. The world isn't kind to anyone. And by you sitting here and expecting us to indulge in your little pity party just to make you feel comfortable, you are putting the group as a whole in danger."

@Lucky @Crow

Josh Washington

@Crow

3eiR2s8.jpg

"I know what cures my depression. Come forth, Hippogriff!"

A Hippogriff descends. The front of an eagle and the hind of a horse. It truly was a magnificent beast.

yv5JEKT.png

"She won't bite~."

As Astolfo pet its feathery head, the Hippogriff's face had an expression of worry as opposed to the fierceness of an eagle.

@Lucky

Morrigan did not seem to regard the group with much thought, even as they introduced themselves and gave her gratitude. She breathed in slowly and regarded the crowd around her with a weary glance as she said, "Better for all of you to not misunderstand the situation. 'Twas not my intention to assist you, but merely happenstance. Going forward, that will likely continue to be the case." Her gaze focused on Constantine and gave the barest hint of a smile. Truthfully, his animated story about her being a 'man-eater' amused her. "If what Constantine says is true, our goals do indeed align for now. It should be obvious why I am here, Constantine. My coven looks out for one another."

Yuki nodded excitedly at all this, but she was eager to get moving. When Ben asked her what she thought of this place, she shrugged. "Hee, hee... is someone scared? Understandable, not everyone has a senpai to protect them like Mii-kun does..." She made her way over to said girl while she spoke, looking mischievous.

XNTbgDt.png

"Mii-kun, you do know what has to be done, right?" She grabbed her friend by the arm and started pulling the girl up the stairs at a run. "The first to finish the test of courage is the most courageous, right? Come on!"

Morrigan looked back at the girls. "Right, do we intend to stand here all day and talk each other's ears off? 'Tis past time to go."

@Ver @Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @Tutski19 @Kaykay @Crow @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Otto @Lucky @Archmage Jeremiah @Everyone

Last edited:
rare18.png

"Bloody magnanimous of you. Maybe we can use this mission as a chance to bond," Constantine facetiously replied when Morrigan answered his question, briefly glaring back at the lot behind him who were... engaging with each other in a less than endearing manner. He found it difficult to feel sorry for these kids with shit like this happening.

"Coven? What is she talking ab--Wah! Hold on, Yuki-senpai!" Miki started to ask Constantine, before she suddenly yelped lightly in surprise, caught off-guard when Yuki took a hold of her and practically blasted off, leaving the others behind without any warning.

"Yeah, yeah... Right on it," Constantine grunted when Morrigan spoke again, tossing his cigarette off the stairs and running behind the intrepid Yuki with the rest of the group in tow. With the stairs now completed thanks to Morrigan's appearance, they were all able to continue on their way, the long path eventually leading them to the true end of the stairs and into an old, wooden door. And behind such a door looked to be... a large room, something like a library.

n8LflgmTQda1-UvayuBnyg.png

The library in question was rather expansive, if not neglected, as personal libraries oft were. Candles, just like before, littered the walls, illuminating the otherwise dreary place, the light betraying the true darkness that lay within. Cobwebs and dust covered most of the shelves, though there were a few shelves that were mysteriously clean, devoid of any blemishes, between a shelf consisting entirely of blue books, one of red books, and another of black books.

The walls themselves also showed evidence of neglect, if not even abuse, with several blocks in the wall being destroyed, revealing hollow spots behind with only blackness behind. Some of the other blocks that were actually there on the other hand also happened to be noticeably cracked, as though weak and vulnerable, whether or not due to the erosion of age. After all, who knew just how old this entire castle was even supposed to be?

In the corner lay a skeleton on the floor, dressed in a light blue cloak, clutching two small books resembling journals or diaries under one arm, the books stained with a dried, dark red liquid (most likely old blood), and what looked like a metal cross under the other arm.

Now, then. Where to start looking around?

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Tutski19 @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Otto @Everyone

rare18.png

"Bloody magnanimous of you. Maybe we can use this mission as a chance to bond," Constantine facetiously replied when Morrigan answered his question, briefly glaring back at the lot behind him who were... engaging with each other in a less than endearing manner. He found it difficult to feel sorry for these kids with shit like this happening.

"Coven? What is she talking ab--Wah! Hold on, Yuki-senpai!" Miki started to ask Constantine, before she suddenly yelped lightly in surprise, caught off-guard when Yuki took a hold of her and practically blasted off, leaving the others behind without any warning.

"Yeah, yeah... Right on it," Constantine grunted when Morrigan spoke again, tossing his cigarette off the stairs and running behind the intrepid Yuki with the rest of the group in tow. With the stairs now completed thanks to Morrigan's appearance, they were all able to continue on their way, the long path eventually leading them to the true end of the stairs and into an old, wooden door. And behind such a door looked to be... a large room, something like a library.

n8LflgmTQda1-UvayuBnyg.png

The library in question was rather expansive, if not neglected, as personal libraries oft were. Candles, just like before, littered the walls, illuminating the otherwise dreary place, the light betraying the true darkness that lay within. Cobwebs and dust covered most of the shelves, though there were a few shelves that were mysteriously clean, devoid of any blemishes, between a shelf consisting entirely of blue books, one of red books, and another of black books.

The walls themselves also showed evidence of neglect, if not even abuse, with several blocks in the wall being destroyed, revealing hollow spots behind with only blackness behind. Some of the other blocks that were actually there on the other hand also happened to be noticeably cracked, as though weak and vulnerable, whether or not due to the erosion of age. After all, who knew just how old this entire castle was even supposed to be?

In the corner lay a skeleton on the floor, dressed in a light blue cloak, clutching two small books resembling journals or diaries under one arm, the books stained with a dried, dark red liquid (most likely old blood), and what looked like a metal cross under the other arm.

Now, then. Where to start looking around?

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Tutski19 @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Otto @Everyone
"Hmmm... fitting for a mysterious castle to house an equally mysterious library." Ciel chimed as he looked around before approaching the skeleton and attempting to take one of the books. If Ciel was successful, he would read it.

Meanwhile, Sebastian stayed close to Ciel, instead examining the metal cross under the other arm.

@Ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back