Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Munroe

Mike turned to Libra and smiled. " I think I can do that," he said, attempting to move the fourth candle out of the line. He was careful to not burn himself as he did this.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Everybody

All the meanwhile, Constantine gave Ben a side-eyed look.

I2jlp2yu_RP6l_Db_Si_UPATg.png

"Do you... even know where that thing's been?" He asked, referring to the pork chop he found in the wall.

@Crow @Kaykay @Raptor Jesus @Lucky @Everyone

"Nope," Ben replied, "but I'm feeling more energized now, so it can't be that bad. And strangely, it's warm and roasted... huh."

By then, Ben had already eaten half the thing. Who wants the other half?​

Mike Munroe

Mike turned to Libra and smiled. " I think I can do that," he said, attempting to move the fourth candle out of the line. He was careful to not burn himself as he did this.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Everybody

"I think we're all done here~" Astolfo glees at the shelves clicking. "We'll be able to move out in no time~"

@Ver @Yun Lee @Lucky @Kaykay @Archmage Jeremiah @etcetcetc​

As fate would have it, once Mike moved the fourth candle, which shifted out of place like a small lever, the bookcases on the other side of the room suddenly opened up like grand doors, paving way for a secret, dark passageway, completely devoid of light inside. Cold air escaped from the opening, as well as the musty smell of dust and decay, even stronger than found anywhere else they'd been to in the castle before.

"... Well, well. Bob's your uncle right there," Constantine said with a self-satisfied smirk, as though he did any work at all. Peering inside, hands tucked inside his pockets as they usually were, he tilted his head to get a better look, but without anything inside to guide their way, there was little telling what lay beyond. With that, an idea popped up in his head.

Je3_RSJi5_RAqfq_XJo59nwag.png

Digging out what looked like a white business card, Constantine raised it in the air, muttering some words in an unknown language, before the card summoned a small blue fire, just bright enough to light up some of the way.

Looking back at the group, he gestured for them to follow. "Well done then, lads. Now, let's see where this cheery dump will lead us next, hmm?"

@Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Tutski19 @Khan of the Mardu @Raptor Jesus @Everyone

As fate would have it, once Mike moved the fourth candle, which shifted out of place like a small lever, the bookcases on the other side of the room suddenly opened up like grand doors, paving way for a secret, dark passageway, completely devoid of light inside. Cold air escaped from the opening, as well as the musty smell of dust and decay, even stronger than found anywhere else they'd been to in the castle before.

"... Well, well. Bob's your uncle right there," Constantine said with a self-satisfied smirk, as though he did any work at all. Peering inside, hands tucked inside his pockets as they usually were, he tilted his head to get a better look, but without anything inside to guide their way, there was little telling what lay beyond. With that, an idea popped up in his head.

Digging out what looked like a white business card, Constantine raised it in the air, muttering some words in an unknown language, before the card summoned a small blue fire, just bright enough to light up some of the way.

Looking back at the group, he gestured for them to follow. "Well done then, lads. Now, let's see where this cheery dump will lead us next, hmm?"

@Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Tutski19 @Khan of the Mardu @Raptor Jesus @Everyone

tumblr_otvknnMomz1v6bs4yo6_400.gif

"Aller plus vite, everyone!"

Astolfo starts to dash, before Ben holds on to his cape.

qVSiSmx.jpg

"Astolfo, be careful. Dark pathways in a spooky vampire castle translates to things that go bump in the night."

"Ahaha~ my bad my bad, I guess I got a little carried away~."

"Everyone without fighting skills or powers in the middle, everyone with them, front, back and sides," Ben suggests as he and Astolfo walk beside Constantine, Astolfo's hand on his blade, ready to unsheathe it, while Ben's palm was on him Omnitrix, his fingers mere centimetres from the dial.

@Ver @Kaykay @Tutski19 @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Khan of the Mardu @Raptor Jesus @Jeremi @Everyone​

"No where pleasant I'm sure,"
Grace replied trying to look down the dark stairs. "Considering you have the light perhaps you will lead the way, Constantine?"

"Please," Morte muttered as he started to float down the path. "I can't see nothin', but that just means that no one's gonna see me either!"

Soraka moved along the group, adjusting her sight upon the lit passageway. She can smell the ugly scent of rust and decay coming from its opening. The passageway felt way creepier than the castle. Knowing that nothing good might come out of this, she sighed and said "Well then, let us move along..."

"Well isn't that just bloody convenient." Ciel muttered before continuing forward through the passageway along with Sebastian.

@Ver @Crow @Takumi @Lucky @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @Kaykay @Anyone​

As the group traversed through the dark passageway, the path only barely illuminated by Constantine, they managed to eventually come across the end of the passage, a door on the other end automatically sliding open for them all to pass through. Constantine couldn't help but let out a soft, amused breath at it, despite the circumstances. A real haunted castle type of place, complete with ghouls, secret passageways, and mechanical doors? It was just like out of a bad movie.

The path led them into a new room, far cleaner and brighter than the dull, musty library from before, though it still wasn't without the odd cobweb here and there. It was a decently sized room, with a doorway on the left, and another staircase to the right (presumably where they were supposed to go if they were on the hunt for the enemy, no doubt wanting to wait high above for a more dramatic confrontation), and in the wall straight ahead, a holding cell with an unknown woman in black clothing sitting in the corner.

Miki_1123_copy.png

"H-Hey... Who's that lady? Is she a prisoner here?" Miki questioned, gingerly making her way over to the woman.

The woman looked up as Miki and others approached her, a confused look on her face. "Huh...? Who the heck are you people?"

"Z! I'm right here, luv! Morrigan and I came to rescue you!" Constantine exclaimed urgently, his eyes wide with concern. It seemed that he recognized the woman, at least. The woman's face quickly turned sour as soon as Constantine showed his face though.

IN2_Z2_Pp_PRyawye1_Mdy_o_JA.png

"I think if it's all the same, I'd rather take my chances with just Morrigan," she muttered audibly, before turning away from him, as though barely able to stand his sight, "Also, what did I say about calling me "Z" or "love?" I thought we were long since past that; it's Zatanna to you now, okay, John?"

With that, the woman called "Zatanna" instantly lightened up when she faced Morrigan, placing a hand on the bars that separated her from the group. "Am I glad to see you, Morrigan! Didn't think the M.E.U. would miss me that much while I was on... uh, vacation," she spoke light-heartedly, clearing her throat while musing on her current situation, before glancing at the rest of the group, "So? Who are you guys?"

"It's... a long story."

"Shoot me right through the heart, won't you..."

@Raptor Jesus @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Otto @Tutski19 @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @Yun Lee @Everyone

As the group traversed through the dark passageway, the path only barely illuminated by Constantine, they managed to eventually come across the end of the passage, a door on the other end automatically sliding open for them all to pass through. Constantine couldn't help but let out a soft, amused breath at it, despite the circumstances. A real haunted castle type of place, complete with ghouls, secret passageways, and mechanical doors? It was just like out of a bad movie.

The path led them into a new room, far cleaner and brighter than the dull, musty library from before, though it still wasn't without the odd cobweb here and there. It was a decently sized room, with a doorway on the left, and another staircase to the right (presumably where they were supposed to go if they were on the hunt for the enemy, no doubt wanting to wait high above for a more dramatic confrontation), and in the wall straight ahead, a holding cell with an unknown woman in black clothing sitting in the corner.

Miki_1123_copy.png

"H-Hey... Who's that lady? Is she a prisoner here?" Miki questioned, gingerly making her way over to the woman.

The woman looked up as Miki and others approached her, a confused look on her face. "Huh...? Who the heck are you people?"

"Z! I'm right here, luv! Morrigan and I came to rescue you!" Constantine exclaimed urgently, his eyes wide with concern. It seemed that he recognized the woman, at least. The woman's face quickly turned sour as soon as Constantine showed his face though.

"I think if it's all the same, I'd rather take my chances with just Morrigan," she muttered audibly, before turning away from him, as though barely able to stand his sight, "Also, what did I say about calling me "Z" or "love?" I thought we were long since past that; it's Zatanna to you now, okay, John?"

With that, the woman called "Zatanna" instantly lightened up when she faced Morrigan, placing a hand on the bars that separated her from the group. "Am I glad to see you, Morrigan! Didn't think the M.E.U. would miss me that much while I was on... uh, vacation," she spoke light-heartedly, clearing her throat while musing on her current situation, before glancing at the rest of the group, "So? Who are you guys?"

"It's... a long story."

@Raptor Jesus @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Otto @Tutski19 @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @Yun Lee @Everyone

"We're just, uh, working together for now," Sera answered vaguely. "Nobody important really, haha."

Deciding it was best to leave whatever was going on between Constantine and Zatanna alone, she simply looked around at the bars imprisoning the woman. She was a little curious why someone was imprisoned rather than just being eaten by Dracula himself, but it was better than finding the woman as a dried out husk instead.

"But why're you being held here? And are you alright? ...Aside from the whole being imprisoned thing, I mean."

@Ver @Everyone​

Miki_1123_copy.png

"It's... a long story."

"Do you just happen to know every soul we run across?" Ciel asked Constantine with a huff. Looking Zatanna dead in the eye, Ciel would only glare at her for a moment before turning back to Constantine.

"What does she even have to do with our goal? I don't see how rescuing some woman can aid us in our way, aside from allowing you to feel better about yourself."

@Ver

"Do you just happen to know every soul we run across?" Ciel asked Constantine with a huff. Looking Zatanna dead in the eye, Ciel would only glare at her for a moment before turning back to Constantine.

"What does she even have to do with our goal? I don't see how rescuing some woman can aid us in our way, aside from allowing you to feel better about yourself."

@Ver

"Helping people in need is never a fruitless endeavor, especially if said person could potentially help us."
She replied walking up to the cell housing Zatanna. "Perhaps now that we are here we can offer you our assistance, Ms Zatanna."

Morte meanwhile also came up to the cell, but for an entirely different reason. "Love the outfit. Maybe later you can show me a trick or two?"

@Raptor Jesus @Ver @Everyone

Miki_1123_copy.png

"It's... a long story."

I4q8sgx.jpg

"You could've just told us you were trying to save your girlfriend, Constantine," Ben says in a polite manner, without any hint of teasing in his tone, "anyways, the name's Ben, Ben Tennyson."

3eiR2s8.jpg

"And I'm Astolfo, a Paladin of Charlemagne~ hello hello~."

"Give me a second, I've got this," Ben says as he dials his Omnitrix and smacks it down, activating a transformation. In a flash of green light, another being appeared in place of Ben.

y7T8n5y.jpg

"Ghostfreak!" a chained, spectre-like extraterrestrial appeared, speaking in a voice most raspy and sinister. Ghostfreak as he was called phased through the bars, grabbed Zatanna and phased out of the bars with her.

"Hmmm... why do I have a hunch that this won't work..."

"Of course it'll work, Astolfo! What're the odds?"

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Kaykay @Raptor Jesus @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Yun Lee @etcetcetc​

Last edited:
"We're just, uh, working together for now," Sera answered vaguely. "Nobody important really, haha."

Deciding it was best to leave whatever was going on between Constantine and Zatanna alone, she simply looked around at the bars imprisoning the woman. She was a little curious why someone was imprisoned rather than just being eaten by Dracula himself, but it was better than finding the woman as a dried out husk instead.

"But why're you being held here? And are you alright? ...Aside from the whole being imprisoned thing, I mean."

"Helping people in need is never a fruitless endeavor, especially if said person could potentially help us." She replied walking up to the cell housing Zatanna. "Perhaps now that we are here we can offer you our assistance, Ms Zatanna."

Morte meanwhile also came up to the cell, but for an entirely different reason. "Love the outfit. Maybe later you can show me a trick or two?"
I4q8sgx.jpg

"You could've just told us you were trying to save your girlfriend, Constantine," Ben says in a polite manner, without any hint of teasing in his tone, "anyways, the name's Ben, Ben Tennyson."

3eiR2s8.jpg

"And I'm Astolfo, a Paladin of Charlemagne~ hello hello~."

"Give me a second, I've got this," Ben says as he dials his Omnitrix and smacks it down, activating a transformation. In a flash of green light, another being appeared in place of Ben.

y7T8n5y.jpg

"Ghostfreak!" a chained, spectre-like extraterrestrial appeared, speaking in a voice most raspy and sinister. Ghostfreak as he was called phased through the bars, grabbed Zatanna and phased out of the bars with her.

"Hmmm... why do I have a hunch that this won't work..."

"Of course it'll work, Astolfo! What're the odds?"
i_Z_s_QMw1_Snu_PRDly_Xw1_U8_A.png

"I could certainly stand to be better, but I could also be worse, I guess," Zatanna replied somewhat gruffly to Sera, rubbing her head briefly as she spoke with a sigh.

"I can't imagine how bad you must have had it here."

"You wanna know, John? You wanna know?!" She exclaimed, glaring at Constantine again, "For the past few days, they've been feeding me nothing but pork chops! Every meal for the past few days, just pork chops! Pork chops!! Do you realize how uncomfortable it is to have to witness a rotting zombie just walking up to you and throw a plate of pork chops at you?! I mean, where do they even get those?!"

"..."

Constantine coughed uncomfortably.

When Ciel piped in, the raven-haired woman had to snort a little. "Jeez. Is there anything John does that doesn't involve making himself feel better?"

"Okay, first off, I came here for you!" The blonde man exclaimed, pointing his gloved finger at Zatanna, before moving it toward Ciel, "And you... Don't you have a new, fresh diaper to get changed into?"

"C-Can we please stop bickering with each other?"

With a resigned sigh, Zatanna looked back to Sera, and later, Grace (all the while ignoring Morte). "As for how I got here... It's a long story, but my guess is you guys have already run into a little known sorcerer named Felix Faust?"

Miki nodded silently, as did Constantine.

"Great... Well, did John also mention that he's been our enemy for a long time? The two of us were following a lead on his activities several days ago, and when we found him... Well, things got a little hairy, and long story short, we got separated. I guess you guys have the more interesting story though; Faust just managed to get the better of me, but seems like he wanted to keep me here as bait. Now you're really in the lion's den, where he wants you" Zatanna explained.

"Well, his master's not all that happy we're here."

"Duly noted. Anyway -- don't call me his girlfriend -- If you guys get me out of here, I'd be more than happy to help out. This is all my responsibility anyway," she continued, referring mostly to Grace but also shooting an irritated phrase at Ben's way when he spoke, "Normally, I'd be able to get past a simple cell, but Faust put a curse in this room that blocks just my magic. Seems like it's only my magic though, so whhhHAAAAAAA??" Zatanna began to elaborate, before Ben quickly transformed and pull her through the cell, causing her to yelp in surprise, but the attempt was successful enough. After that, she awkwardly rubbed her arm, furrowing her brow at Ben.

"Give a better warning next time, please," she sighed, before looking to the group, "So, um... Anyway, you guys are going after Faust and his master? What beef do you have against 'em anyway? Sorry, it's just a little hard to get over Constantine making friends with like, fifteen or some-odd people while I was gone."

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Kaykay @Archmage Jeremiah @Tutski19 @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Crow @Takumi @Otto @Everyone

Libra raised his hand so Zatanna could see the brand. "John rescued us from a fate where we would be sacrificed to demons," he explained. "If we can find this master of Faust's, we should be able to use him as a sacrifice in our stead."

@Ver @Everybody​

"I could certainly stand to be better, but I could also be worse, I guess," Zatanna replied somewhat gruffly to Sera, rubbing her head briefly as she spoke with a sigh.

"You wanna know, John? You wanna know?!" She exclaimed, glaring at Constantine again, "For the past few days, they've been feeding me nothing but pork chops! Every meal for the past few days, just pork chops! Pork chops!! Do you realize how uncomfortable it is to have to witness a rotting zombie just walking up to you and throw a plate of pork chops at you?! I mean, where do they even get those?!"

"..."

When Ciel piped in, the raven-haired woman had to snort a little. "Jeez. Is there anything John does that doesn't involve making himself feel better?"

"Okay, first off, I came here for you!" The blonde man exclaimed, pointing his gloved finger at Zatanna, before moving it toward Ciel, "And you... Don't you have a new, fresh diaper to get changed into?"

With a resigned sigh, Zatanna looked back to Sera, and later, Grace (all the while ignoring Morte). "As for how I got here... It's a long story, but my guess is you guys have already run into a little known sorcerer named Felix Faust?"

"Great... Well, did John also mention that he's been our enemy for a long time? The two of us were following a lead on his activities several days ago, and when we found him... Well, things got a little hairy, and long story short, we got separated. I guess you guys have the more interesting story though; Faust just managed to get the better of me, but seems like he wanted to keep me here as bait. Now you're really in the lion's den, where he wants you" Zatanna explained.

"Duly noted. Anyway -- don't call me his girlfriend -- If you guys get me out of here, I'd be more than happy to help out. This is all my responsibility anyway," she continued, referring mostly to Grace but also shooting an irritated phrase at Ben's way when he spoke, "Normally, I'd be able to get past a simple cell, but Faust put a curse in this room that blocks just my magic. Seems like it's only my magic though, so whhhHAAAAAAA??" Zatanna began to elaborate, before Ben quickly transformed and pull her through the cell, causing her to yelp in surprise, but the attempt was successful enough. After that, she awkwardly rubbed her arm, furrowing her brow at Ben.

"Give a better warning next time, please," she sighed, before looking to the group, "So, um... Anyway, you guys are going after Faust and his master? What beef do you have against 'em anyway? Sorry, it's just a little hard to get over Constantine making friends with like, fifteen or some-odd people while I was gone."

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Kaykay @Archmage Jeremiah @Tutski19 @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Crow @Takumi @Otto @Everyone
Libra raised his hand so Zatanna could see the brand. "John rescued us from a fate where we would be sacrificed to demons," he explained. "If we can find this master of Faust's, we should be able to use him as a sacrifice in our stead."

@Ver @Everybody​

zITqALN.jpg

"Huh, it was pretty good for prison food- I mean, uh, nothing! I said nothing!" Ghostfreak says in response to Zatanna's words about the pork chops.

After Ghostfreak had rescued Zatanna from her prison, he transformed back to Ben.

"Sorry about that," he apologises with a smile scratching his head, then turns to Astolfo as he crosses his arms, "see, I told you."

1qQHDJy.jpg

"Ahahaha~ I almost thought we needed to find a specific key for this specific job. Guess I play too many games~."

iyL4cjt.jpg

"Anyways, yes, we're going after Faust and Dracula. For starters, we're going after them for the crimes they committed here, and to get our black magic mark things removed, Constantine helped us quite a lot here," Ben explained as he showed Zatanna the brand. Turning to Libra regarding the last part, he continues towards Zatanna, "I'm still questioning that last part, but it seems to be the only way for now."

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Kaykay@Raptor Jesus @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Yun Lee @etcetcetc​

Libra raised an eyebrow. "What, pray tell, are you questioning?"

@Crow

"..."

"What a riveting comeback." Ciel replied dryly as he continued to look over Zatana, slowly nodding at her words as she spoke.

JyQVR.png

"Friendship is
not how I would describe my relationship with this drunken buffoon." Ciel said as he used his left arm to gesture towards Constantine. "Though, as fate would have it, we have been branded by the God's Hand, and seek a great evil to sacrifice so we can cover our own debt. A trade, if you will.

zITqALN.jpg

"Huh, it was pretty good for prison food- I mean, uh, nothing! I said nothing!" Ghostfreak says in response to Zatanna's words about the pork chops.

After Ghostfreak had rescued Zatanna from her prison, he transformed back to Ben.

"Sorry about that," he apologises with a smile scratching his head, then turns to Astolfo as he crosses his arms, "see, I told you."

1qQHDJy.jpg

"Ahahaha~ I almost thought we needed to find a specific key for this specific job. Guess I play too many games~."

iyL4cjt.jpg

"Anyways, yes, we're going after Faust and Dracula. For starters, we're going after them for the crimes they committed here, and to get our black magic mark things removed, Constantine helped us quite a lot here," Ben explained as he showed Zatanna the brand. Turning to Libra regarding the last part, he continues towards Zatanna, "I'm still questioning that last part, but it seems to be the only way for now."

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Kaykay@Raptor Jesus @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Yun Lee @etcetcetc​
Turning to face Ben, Ciel would both visibly and audibly scoff.

By2Vh.png

"Do not attempt to associate me with your fruitless efforts to satisfy your own inflated ego thanks to your own misguided sense of righteousness and self-worth. Faust and Dracula's past transgressions are of no concern to me. I simply wish to find this Dracula fellow and deliver him to the God's Hand so he may be sacrificed, and I may hope to return home as well.

And I intend to achieve this by any means necessary."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @Kaykay

Libra raised an eyebrow. "What, pray tell, are you questioning?"

@Crow

"Uhhh..."

Ben thinks through his thoughts.

"I was just about to question if it would work, but I just realised if the brand works on every one of us, human, alien or demon, it'll work on Dracula. Guess I wasn't thinking through."

Ben shrugs his shoulders. There was more to his words and thoughts than just that.​

"What a riveting comeback." Ciel replied dryly as he continued to look over Zatana, slowly nodding at her words as she spoke.

JyQVR.png

"Friendship is
not how I would describe my relationship with this drunken buffoon." Ciel said as he used his left arm to gesture towards Constantine. "Though, as fate would have it, we have been branded by the God's Hand, and seek a great evil to sacrifice so we can cover our own debt. A trade, if you will.

Turning to face Ben, Ciel would both visibly and audibly scoff.

By2Vh.png

"Do not attempt to associate me with your fruitless efforts to satisfy your own inflated ego thanks to your own misguided sense of righteousness and self-worth. Faust and Dracula's past transgressions are of no concern to me. I simply wish to find this Dracula fellow and deliver him to the God's Hand so he may be sacrificed, and I may hope to return home as well.

And I intend to achieve this by any means necessary."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @Kaykay

"Ciel, we've had this argument a good bunch of times and it'll just go in circles and loops if I choose to press on. I'm not here to preach the Ben 10 way to you, you do you, I do me, but what I am going to say is that you really need to chill out," Ben responds with a frown and his arms crossed, "last thing we need while hanging around enemy territory is internal conflict, self and team."

@Ver @Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @Kaykay

U3_Ynog7_YSKe_CCkdu_CNPk_SQ.png

"An eye for an eye, huh? That's a little morbid, if you don't mind my saying," Zatanna commented when the group's objective was explained to her, crossing her arms as she glanced at them, seemingly attempting to hold back a disapproving look at the prospect of killing (or rather, "sacrificing") someone, even if this person in question might have been on a whole other level of evil than even Faust.

"Well, it's no skin off my back at least," Constantine shrugged, not facing any personal moral quandary on his end, "Slaughtered at least half a village's worth of people, and then kidnapped even more, probably to feed 'em to his "children" or to have all to himself. Humans might be just a big ol' load of shite, but someone who goes around doin' that sort of work... He can't be considered human."

"... Wouldn't you know it, you found a way to make it sound even more morbid."

"I try my best. 'Sides, with Machiavelli Jr. here, I think we'll pull through, luv."

"Right, well, I've got a bone to pick with Faust anyway. And on top of that... We still need to find Etrigan and get him to snap out of that mind control."

"Sounds like we've got our work cut out for us. Which means... We don't have a lot of time to spend sitting around any longer, as much as I'd love to rest up for a little while longer," Constantine said, facing the rest of the group now, "Now that Morrigan and I have what we came for... Well, at least, part of it in my case, it should only be a matter of time before another interestin' thing happens, so chop chop!" He said, beginning to make for the new staircase that led upwards.

Following reluctantly, Zatanna sighed.

O-p_Y2_Qbi_TZa_Wa7nx7_FIDYw.png

"I still can't believe I used to date him. Can any of you believe that guy?"

U3_Ynog7_YSKe_CCkdu_CNPk_SQ.png

"An eye for an eye, huh? That's a little morbid, if you don't mind my saying," Zatanna commented when the group's objective was explained to her, crossing her arms as she glanced at them, seemingly attempting to hold back a disapproving look at the prospect of killing (or rather, "sacrificing") someone, even if this person in question might have been on a whole other level of evil than even Faust.

"Well, it's no skin off my back at least," Constantine shrugged, not facing any personal moral quandary on his end, "Slaughtered at least half a village's worth of people, and then kidnapped even more, probably to feed 'em to his "children" or to have all to himself. Humans might be just a big ol' load of shite, but someone who goes around doin' that sort of work... He can't be considered human."

"... Wouldn't you know it, you found a way to make it sound even more morbid."

"I try my best. 'Sides, with Machiavelli Jr. here, I think we'll pull through, luv."

"Right, well, I've got a bone to pick with Faust anyway. And on top of that... We still need to find Etrigan and get him to snap out of that mind control."

"Sounds like we've got our work cut out for us. Which means... We don't have a lot of time to spend sitting around any longer, as much as I'd love to rest up for a little while longer," Constantine said, facing the rest of the group now, "Now that Morrigan and I have what we came for... Well, at least, part of it in my case, it should only be a matter of time before another interestin' thing happens, so chop chop!" He said, beginning to make for the new staircase that led upwards.

Following reluctantly, Zatanna sighed.

O-p_Y2_Qbi_TZa_Wa7nx7_FIDYw.png

"I still can't believe I used to date him. Can any of you believe that guy?"

tumblr_inline_owsylrVvEc1v3iisc_540.jpg

"I can assure you, Miss Zatanna, that we are only doing what is necessary. Surely you understand." Sebastian said in an attempt to smooth over things with their newest accomplice. After all, it's just as Ben said.

The last thing they needed was internal conflicts. Besides, it was Sebastian's duty as a butler to ensure that everyone was having a pleasant experience, even when trying to find and kill an immortal vampire.

Needless to say, Ciel and Sebastian both followed Constantine up the stairs without much protest.

@Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Otto @Takumi @Tutski19 @Archmage Jeremiah @Khan of the Mardu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back