Status
Not open for further replies.
wwb2Jb3.jpg

"Time's a-wasting, let's get hasting~" Astolfo gleed as he continued the walk on.

VKiH26P.jpg

"Faust better prepare his butt for Round 2," Ben comments as he follows closely

He takes a glance at Zatanna, then walks towards her.

"Guess I'm not the only one finding this a bit morbid, huh? I wish there was another way to go about this too," Ben whispers towards Zatanna in a slightly upset tone so that others would not hear, "the thought of sacrificing a bad guy to the devil isn't my cup of tea, neither is everyone else here being sacrificed instead."

@Ver @Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @etcetcetc​

U3_Ynog7_YSKe_CCkdu_CNPk_SQ.png

"An eye for an eye, huh? That's a little morbid, if you don't mind my saying," Zatanna commented when the group's objective was explained to her, crossing her arms as she glanced at them, seemingly attempting to hold back a disapproving look at the prospect of killing (or rather, "sacrificing") someone, even if this person in question might have been on a whole other level of evil than even Faust.

"Well, it's no skin off my back at least," Constantine shrugged, not facing any personal moral quandary on his end, "Slaughtered at least half a village's worth of people, and then kidnapped even more, probably to feed 'em to his "children" or to have all to himself. Humans might be just a big ol' load of shite, but someone who goes around doin' that sort of work... He can't be considered human."

"... Wouldn't you know it, you found a way to make it sound even more morbid."

"I try my best. 'Sides, with Machiavelli Jr. here, I think we'll pull through, luv."

"Right, well, I've got a bone to pick with Faust anyway. And on top of that... We still need to find Etrigan and get him to snap out of that mind control."

"Sounds like we've got our work cut out for us. Which means... We don't have a lot of time to spend sitting around any longer, as much as I'd love to rest up for a little while longer," Constantine said, facing the rest of the group now, "Now that Morrigan and I have what we came for... Well, at least, part of it in my case, it should only be a matter of time before another interestin' thing happens, so chop chop!" He said, beginning to make for the new staircase that led upwards.

Following reluctantly, Zatanna sighed.

O-p_Y2_Qbi_TZa_Wa7nx7_FIDYw.png

"I still can't believe I used to date him. Can any of you believe that guy?"

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Kaykay @Archmage Jeremiah @Tutski19 @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Crow @Takumi @Otto @Everyone

"So it was that kind of relationship after all..."

Sera muttered quietly to herself as the two continued to bicker. It was kind of obvious, but as long as it didn't disrupt them too much it wouldn't really be a problem. For all their remarks about each other, they did at least seem to know to prioritize the task at hand. Probably. ...She was glad to see that Morrigan woman, at least.

"Well at least...he's proactive?"

She had an uncertain smile as she replied to the woman.
wwb2Jb3.jpg

"Time's a-wasting, let's get hasting~" Astolfo gleed as he continued the walk on.

VKiH26P.jpg

"Faust better prepare his butt for Round 2," Ben comments as he follows closely

He takes a glance at Zatanna, then walks towards her.

"Guess I'm not the only one finding this a bit morbid, huh? I wish there was another way to go about this too," Ben whispers towards Zatanna in a slightly upset tone so that others would not hear, "the thought of sacrificing a bad guy to the devil isn't my cup of tea, neither is everyone else here being sacrificed instead."

@Ver @Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @etcetcetc​

She had to admit, it was a bit grim to be "sacrificing" someone to save their own hides. It was rather cowardly in a sense, but considering that in practice they were aiming to take down a murderous vampire lord, it was more like killing two birds with one stone from another perspective. Though perhaps that was a bit unfeeling.

"It does leave a bad taste to be doing this for self-proclaimed 'gods' like those, but if it's to keep the people here alive then I think it's okay to keep our heads up about this. Right?"

@Ver @Crow @Everyone​

Josh Washington

Josh looked very confused by everything that was going on and shrugged. He however, decided to inform Zatanna where the pork chops came from. " We found some pork chops in the walls downstairs. Perhaps that is where they are procuring their meats from. if I may know, why are you still working with Constantine if he is an ex?" He asked with tack.

Mike Munroe

Mike really wished he had shut Josh up, but it was a little too late for that. He tilted his head and followed the other, still holding his fire tome at the moment. He looked at the ground and then moved forward. " Why do I feel as if we are walking into a trap? It just seems that everything is fitting together too well, but maybe it is just my paranoia speaking. " He kept an eye on the things around him.

@Ver @Crow @Kaykay @EVERYONE

Josh Washington

Josh looked very confused by everything that was going on and shrugged. He however, decided to inform Zatanna where the pork chops came from. " We found some pork chops in the walls downstairs. Perhaps that is where they are procuring their meats from. if I may know, why are you still working with Constantine if he is an ex?" He asked with tack.

Mike Munroe

Mike really wished he had shut Josh up, but it was a little too late for that. He tilted his head and followed the other, still holding his fire tome at the moment. He looked at the ground and then moved forward. " Why do I feel as if we are walking into a trap? It just seems that everything is fitting together too well, but maybe it is just my paranoia speaking. " He kept an eye on the things around him.

@Ver @Crow @Kaykay @EVERYONE
JaxUL.jpg

"I don't think she has much of a choice in the matter." Ciel replied as he continued trudging forward through the corridor.

@Lucky @Ver

Josh Washington

JaxUL.jpg

"I don't think she has much of a choice in the matter." Ciel replied as he continued trudging forward through the corridor.​
"The kid's got the best answer for you right there," Zatanna said to Josh, gesturing toward Ciel, "All the magic at my disposal, and I can't whisk away John Constantine into his own asshole where he belongs. Wait, what did you say about the pork cho--"

0y_Nf5_VVBTs_GY14vc_Ry4_Wfg.png

"Really feelin' the love here," Constantine sighed, inadvertently interrupting Zatanna's last thought, "Aside from our... league from way back, Z here has found more friends to work with. A "no boys allowed" club, so to speak."

"Oh my--Are you still annoyed about not being let in the M.E.U. or something?"

"I'm not annoyed! It's just a weird rule to me! Bloody nonsensical! And I do mean that to the people who maintain that kind of rule!" He exclaimed, glancing at Morrigan spitefully for a moment.

"If you miss the old league dynamic so much, why don't you join the Coalition? I hear they could use more members after the... uh, summit. Y'know, the one where Morrigan... y'know... "deprived him of his dignity" and whatnot. I almost feel bad for him, but... that guy kinda had it coming to be honest, all things considered."

"Pfft, please. Who do you bloody think I am? I was never much of a team player," The man snorted, shaking his head briefly before continuing on, "More than that, should you really be throwin' around those names so carelessly?"

"Please. What're the chances that someone will get anything out of it?"

"I wonder if they're always like this..."

@Lucky @Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @Anyone

Last edited:
"The kid's got the best answer for you right there," Zatanna said to Josh, gesturing toward Ciel, "All the magic at my disposal, and I can't whisk away John Constantine into his own asshole where he belongs. Wait, what did you say about the pork cho--"

"Really feelin' the love here," Constantine sighed, inadvertently interrupting Zatanna's last thought, "Aside from our... league from way back, Z here has found more friends to work with. A "no boys allowed" club, so to speak."

"I'm not annoyed! It's just a weird rule to me! Bloody nonsensical! And I do mean that to the people who maintain that kind of rule!" He exclaimed, glancing at Morrigan spitefully for a moment.

"If you miss the old league dynamic so much, why don't you join the Coalition? I hear they could use more members after the... uh, summit. Y'know, the one where Morrigan... y'know... "deprived him of his dignity" and whatnot."

"Pfft, please. Who do you bloody think I am? I was never much of a team player," The man snorted, shaking his head briefly before continuing on, "More than that, should you really be throwin' around those names so carelessly?"

"Shut up, the both of you. You are both acting like children, and it's beginning to give me a headache." Ciel said in a tone which sounded like a mix of both annoyance and anger.

@Ver

Now, that caught Libra's attention. Not so much the M.E.U. tidbits, but... "I beg your pardon, Miss Zatanna, but did you say the Coalition?"

Sumia cocked her head slightly. "Oh? You know what they're talking about?"

"Only what I've heard through the grapevine, unfortunately. I was on Ash during this...summit?" Libra's focus had been solely on his work at the hospital. Everything else he had assumed was idle gossip.

@Ver

"If you miss the old league dynamic so much, why don't you join the Coalition? I hear they could use more members after the... uh, summit. Y'know, the one where Morrigan... y'know... "deprived him of his dignity" and whatnot."

"Friendships are pretty easy to mend, but once you break a relationship relationship, you shouldn't expect it to glue back together that easily, let alone form back into something of a casual friendship at the blink of an eye," Ben says to Miki in response to her question. "Constantine isn't the only guy here who's made a mistake and regrets it..."

DMlAIDd.jpg

Ben takes his phone out for a bit and sighs as he looks at a particular image. It seemed to be of significance to him. Needless to say, it was a picture of Ben with some girl, presumably of Asian descent.

o8qC8uY.jpg

"I hope whatever mistake Constantine made wasn't as dumb and stupid as mine," Ben says, slightly saddened, "Julie was a great girl, and I just- nevermind."

936X4AR.jpg

"Oh~ Is she your girlfriend?" Astolfo inquired in a teasing manner as he peered over Ben's shoulder and at the photograph on his phone's screen.

"Was, past tense," Ben simply replied.

"Oh... that's awkward, my bad..." Astolfo laughs it off.

"It's alright, everyone makes mistakes, some more forgivable than others."

Ben's head hung a little low during all this.

@Ver @Lucky @Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @Anyone

Last edited:

Now, that caught Libra's attention. Not so much the M.E.U. tidbits, but... "I beg your pardon, Miss Zatanna, but did you say the Coalition?"

"Only what I've heard through the grapevine, unfortunately. I was on Ash during this...summit?" Libra's focus had been solely on his work at the hospital. Everything else he had assumed was idle gossip.

@Ver

tumblr_oyiq94OGU31v6bs4yo6_250.gif

"Was that the group you were referring to before, Libra?" Lindel asked. Hearing all this talk about relationships didn't interest him much. If he couldn't relate and didn't experience any thing like it, why bother listening to such conversation? Really, he spent such a long time away from people before now there wasn't any point.

It's not like he could really think of a person he'd like right away and now wasn't the time to think about these things.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Kaykay @Minerva @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Lucky @Otto @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archmage Jeremiah @Everyone

Josh Washington

Josh turned to her and understood what she meant when she explained it. Due to Constantine cutting her thought off, he assumed the end of the sentence. " There were some in the walls downstairs," he repeated for her. He wasn't about to let himself be cut off. He didn't know what a Coalition or MEU was, so he stayed out of that conversation as much as he could. He tilted his head and continued to walk.

Mike Munroe

Mike sighed, wondering if Jessica was dead. He hadn't been in time to save her. He pushed that thought aside for the time being and focused on the present. He had his fair share of exs between Emily and the most likely dead Jessica. " I imagine that it must be difficult to work with him. I know my ex and I don't get along. Of course, my current girlfriend.... Jessica....I don't know what happened, but she did fall down a mineshaft.... so I think she is dead...." he said.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Everyone

"If they won't let you into their little club, just make your own organization. There's no need to play nice with everyone you meet," Kokichi suggested to Constantine.

Kokichi hadn't had much to do since they entered the castle. With the overachieving butler ans the overpowering smart watch, a lot of problems were solved faster than he himself could solve them. It was nice, Kokichi thought, to be able to relax for a short time in this adventure they were on. So he had avoided running his mouth until now.

@Ver @Raptor Jesus @Lucky @Yun Lee @Anyone​

"Only what I've heard through the grapevine, unfortunately. I was on Ash during this...summit?" Libra's focus had been solely on his work at the hospital. Everything else he had assumed was idle gossip.​
"What are the chances indeed, eh, Zatanna?" Constantine said when Libra brought up the Coalition, stifling a small snicker.

"Oh, stuff it," Zatanna grunted, before turning to Libra, "Ash, huh? Guess you were one of the lucky ones then, 'cause it was not pretty when it happened. Y'know, the whole... ordeal there," she sighed, clearing her throat as she continued walking, "But I suppose if you were there at all, that makes you... a member? Small world, then. Or... small multiverse? Anyway, they didn't, like... send you here on my behalf or anything, did they? Now that'd be a surprise for them to even hear about me being gone in the first place."

@Yun Lee

"What are the chances indeed, eh, Zatanna?" Constantine said when Libra brought up the Coalition, stifling a small snicker.

"Oh, stuff it," Zatanna grunted, before turning to Libra, "Ash, huh? Guess you were one of the lucky ones then, 'cause it was not pretty when it happened. Y'know, the whole... ordeal there," she sighed, clearing her throat as she continued walking, "But I suppose if you were there at all, that makes you... a member? Small world, then. Or... small multiverse? Anyway, they didn't, like... send you here on my behalf or anything, did they? Now that'd be a surprise for them to even hear about me being gone in the first place."

@Yun Lee
pMGEs.jpg

"...If I may interject."
Came the slick British accent of Sebastian, who had been walking alongside Ciel during their seemingly endless trudge through this corridor.

"What exactly does this Coalition do? I presume it's a multiversal peacekeeping organization of some sort. Or, am I mistaken?" Sebastian asked, seemingly interested in this 'Coalition' that was now being widely discussed by several members of the group.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Lucky

"Yes, it is," Libra nodded in response to Lindel's question. No use hiding it now, considering Zatanna and Constantine knew of it. "I've been a member for a while now, though I'm afraid my being here was bad luck on my own end, rather than any mission."

"So that's what you've been up to after Grima? Guess you couldn't stay away from helping others, no matter what! Say, do you know if they're accepting new members? Maybe I could join up too!"

...and end up getting killed by tripping into some horrifying monster. "...um, on second thought, I think I'm just fine."

Libra frowned slightly at Sebastian's question. He didn't want to say too much to the demon-Naga only knew what he would do with the information. "You've got it right, more or less."

@Ver @Takumi @Raptor Jesus

"Yes, it is," Libra nodded in response to Lindel's question. No use hiding it now, considering Zatanna and Constantine knew of it. "I've been a member for a while now, though I'm afraid my being here was bad luck on my own end, rather than any mission."

"So that's what you've been up to after Grima? Guess you couldn't stay away from helping others, no matter what! Say, do you know if they're accepting new members? Maybe I could join up too!"

...and end up getting killed by tripping into some horrifying monster. "...um, on second thought, I think I'm just fine."

Libra frowned slightly at Sebastian's question. He didn't want to say too much to the demon-Naga only knew what he would do with the information. "You've got it right, more or less."

Grace was curious to hear more about these mysterious organizations that some of them were talking about, but she figured any questions she had could be filed once they have finished their mission. "While interesting and something I wouldn't mind to hear about later, perhaps we should move on before the master of the manor becomes even more cross with us?"

@Ver @Lucky @Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @Anyone

8pkaun9bjmq2.jpg

"I see, then we can discuss more about the possibility of returning home and such later...though, I'm sure you plan on going back to the hospital and such...hm, I wonder how Miss Geneva is doing." Lindel responded to the ax weilder as the group moved along, trailing off a bit at the end when talking about the redhead he's grown comfortable with.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Lucky @Jeremi @Everyone

qVSiSmx.jpg

"I could've sworn I heard the name somewhere before... from my Gr-" Ben comments on the conversation regarding the Coalition. "Wait, why are you all talking about a secret organization like it's an everyday thing?"

"I think it sounds pretty fun~ Unfortunately I'm a free-flowing knight, so I don't think I'll be interested in hopping in to this Coalition," Astolfo pouts.

"Weren't you one of the-"

voDh2os.jpg

"You don't know how knights work, do you?" Astolfo asks. "It's sooo much less restrictive than some secret organization, depending on what kind of knight you are, obviously."

"Sorry that Medieval History isn't my forte?" Ben replies as if he was asking a question.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Lucky@Jeremi @Everyone​

qVSiSmx.jpg

"I could've sworn I heard the name somewhere before... from my Gr-" Ben comments on the conversation regarding the Coalition. "Wait, why are you all talking about a secret organization like it's an everyday thing?"

"I think it sounds pretty fun~ Unfortunately I'm a free-flowing knight, so I don't think I'll be interested in hopping in to this Coalition," Astolfo pouts.

"Weren't you one of the-"

voDh2os.jpg

"You don't know how knights work, do you?" Astolfo asks. "It's sooo much less restrictive than some secret organization, depending on what kind of knight you are, obviously."

"Sorry that Medieval History isn't my forte?" Ben replies as if he was asking a question.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Lucky@Jeremi @Everyone​
XG9xk.png

"It obviously isn't much of a secret if they're discussing it out in the open like this."

Ciel deadpan.

@Crow @Ver @Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi @Takumi

"I couldn't agree more, Miss Grace," Libra said, eager to stop talking before Sebastian or someone else decided to pry further. "And yes, returning to the hospital would be very nice." Though this world...it worried him considerably. Was it truly always this wretched? Would defeating Dracula save it? He didn't know.

Sumia, though, had her mind on a much more innocent matter, smiling at Lindel in a teasing manner. "Ooh, who is Geneva? A girl you've got your eye on, Lindel~?"

@Takumi @Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @Ver

"I couldn't agree more, Miss Grace," Libra said, eager to stop talking before Sebastian or someone else decided to pry further. "And yes, returning to the hospital would be very nice." Though this world...it worried him considerably. Was it truly always this wretched? Would defeating Dracula save it? He didn't know.

Sumia, though, had her mind on a much more innocent matter, smiling at Lindel in a teasing manner. "Ooh, who is Geneva? A girl you've got your eye on, Lindel~?"

@Takumi @Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @Ver

Oh. She had heard that part? He hadn't expected much of anyone to care about that tidbit.

tumblr_p0rl4sjnGF1wsajfio4_1280.jpg

"She's simply a patient at the hospital I volunteered at, and someone I speak to quite a bit. I wouldn't really say I have my eye on her, though." Lindel explained briefly, a little embarrased about being teased, but not trying to seem too bothered by the accusation.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back