Status
Not open for further replies.
"Everyone's talking about the men and women of their lives, so romantic~," Astolfo laughs. "Mine's pretty complicated, what can I say?"

Putting a finger to his mouth and giggling, Astolfo does a little twirl.

JyB3UzC.gif

"Who knows, maybe two people who have met through this mayhem we're in now may end up all kissy kissy by the end of this all~. The only question is, who and when~."

MYWrv46.jpg

"You included?" Ben asks.

"Me excluded! Ahaha! The only romantic partner I need is a fluffy, fuzzy shark plushie to go with my style~! Maybe a whole tornado of them to squish me?"

"The only thing I'm gonna question is whether your Hippogriff heard that," Ben replies, shrugging his shoulders.

"Anyways, who do you think the couple will be~?"

"Chemistry's my worst subject, don't ask me, pal."

tTIJJUx.jpg

"Yee? Yee."

"... wait a second, was that even funny?"

"Humour's objective!"

@Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Everyone​

Last edited:
Mike Munroe and Josh Washington

Mike had to chuckle a bit at the in sync conversation between Astfolo and Ben. If he would have to take an educated guess on who would be kissing by the end of it, he would have to guess them based on how sync they had been. He held the tome closer to him and looked over. " I imagine that we are getting closer to where we need to be," he honestly said, turning over to Josh..... who was having another fucking episode. Oh joy.

Josh was visibly trembling while he was walking, seeing visions of his sister though they were horrible. Much to his chagrin, Mike decided to snap him out of it. " Josh snap the fuck of it, they aren't here."

" By-... they were just.... never mind," Josh replied. Mike groaned and kept an eye on him. God, he really wished had grabbed Josh's med when he got a chance.

@Ver @Crow @Raptor Jesus @Everyone

Continued from here.

Chapter Five
"Hellblazer"

As the group ventured into the castle of Felix Faust's master, Dracula, who appears before them to warn them of their grisly fate should they venture any further, they are quickly met later on with hordes of demons out to get them. Guts stays behind in order to buy them time, holding the monsters off while the group pushes onward. Making their way up the castle floors, they bump into Morrigan, a prominent member of the M.E.U., and an acquaintance of Constantine, who joins up with the group.

From there, after some mild puzzle solving when it looks like they stumbled upon a dead end in an old library, they manage to make their way further up the castle, before also running into Zatanna, a woman held as a prisoner and bait. It is revealed here that Constantine's primary goal (as well as Morrigan's) was to rescue Zatanna from Faust, as he and Zatanna (along with Etrigan) were doing battle with Faust, before Constantine was separated from the others during the exchange, before leading him to meeting with the Skull Knight later on. Upon freeing Zatanna from her confines, they continue moving onward, hoping to get closer and closer to facing Faust and Dracula.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

The group continues making their way through the castle. A staircase here. A dark corridor there. All the while eluding the creatures of the night. Demons, monsters, zombies, ghouls, ghosts, the whole nine yards. The candles grow no fewer as they come closer, but the innate darkness of the castle seems to grow ever more powerful, threatening to take the group into a hold with a vice-like grip, never to let go if they ventured too deeply. It was an abyss, gazing back at them all.

But now was past the time for uncertainty. The only thing left now was resolve.

Making their way deeper into the castle, they would eventually find themselves in a more narrow corridor with a wide door at the end, far more inconspicuous and simplistic in design than the rest of the castle. Barren and almost superfluous, but it's difficult to think that deeply into it. Constantine certainly didn't, nor did Zatanna or Miki. To them, it was all just the same.

However, it was not so.

As they traversed through this narrow corridor, something odd was felt in the air. A sort of... shifting, or rumbling. And then, in a flash, it happened, before anyone could think to react.

WHOOSH!

The floor gave way, opening up like a giant trap door, causing everyone to fall down into the dark, unknown abyss below.

And then, from there, everything went black.

"Oi... Jeez. My arse is feckin' killin' me..."

"Oops. Looks like I forgot to extend the protection spell to you."

"Really after my own heart."

As everyone regained their senses again, they would find themselves in some sort of grotesque cavern or abyss, surrounded by strange, organic structures, with mushrooms and insects about, making the place look like an ecosystem of its own, if not a demonic garden. Using the same spell as he did before, Constantine used another "business card" to light up the place, illuminating the dark, but not by too much, such was the limitation of his power.

image.jpg

Corpses littered the place, on top of small, insect-like demons scattering like rodents. In a sense, it was almost reminiscent of the Eclipse, the realm of pure red dread in which everyone had woken up within in the first place. Funny how things looped around. At least the path was linear; barriers blocked the sides and the way behind everyone, with the only way to go being forward.

Standing up and rubbing his backside with a pained groan, Constantine shook his head, looking around the place and examining his surroundings. "Well... Bugger all. A very cheery place to end up in," he said with mild disgust, looking down at the mysterious puddle of water that he stood in. At least, he hoped that it was water.

"Looks like there's only one way to go from here," Zatanna observed, stretching out her arms, "If everyone's alright now, should we press on? Hopefully, at the end, there's a way to get out of this trap, though... I won't hold my breath."

As her previous words indicated, it seemed that Zatanna had cast a spell using her powers or so in order to protect the group from any significant damage from the long fall, but even despite so, it seemed that she was considerate enough to give them a moment to collect their bearings again before moving on, just in case.

She wondered how well they would do to take it into consideration, and hoped for the best.

Cast List
@Minerva as Astolfo (Type-Moon)
@Crow as Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
@Raptor Jesus as Ciel Phantomhive and Sebastian Michaelis (Black Butler)
@Jeremi as Fall-From-Grace and Mortimer Rictusgrin (Planescape)
@Sen as Genya Arikado (Castlevania)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Hollow Knight (Hollow Knight)
@dark as Jak (Jak & Daxter)
@Gummi Bunnies as Kaine and Emil (NieR)
@Alex Azure as Kokichi Oma (Danganronpa)
@Krieg as Kurumi Ebisuzawa (School-Live!)
@Yun Lee as Libra and Sumia (Fire Emblem)
@Takumi as Lindel (The Ancient Magus Bride)
@York as Lucatiel of Mirrah (Dark Souls II)
@Lucky as Mike Munroe and Joshua Washington (Until Dawn)
@Kaykay as Sera Mizuki (Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen)
@Otto as Siegward of Catarina (Dark Souls III)
@Tutski19 as Soraka (League of Legends)
@Khan of the Mardu as Virginia Maxwell (Wild Arms)
@Josh as Yuuri Wakasa (School-Live!)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Zoe (League of Legends)​

Continued from here.

Chapter Five
"Hellblazer"

As the group ventured into the castle of Felix Faust's master, Dracula, who appears before them to warn them of their grisly fate should they venture any further, they are quickly met later on with hordes of demons out to get them. Guts stays behind in order to buy them time, holding the monsters off while the group pushes onward. Making their way up the castle floors, they bump into Morrigan, a prominent member of the M.E.U., and an acquaintance of Constantine, who joins up with the group.

From there, after some mild puzzle solving when it looks like they stumbled upon a dead end in an old library, they manage to make their way further up the castle, before also running into Zatanna, a woman held as a prisoner and bait. It is revealed here that Constantine's primary goal (as well as Morrigan's) was to rescue Zatanna from Faust, as he and Zatanna (along with Etrigan) were doing battle with Faust, before Constantine was separated from the others during the exchange, before leading him to meeting with the Skull Knight later on. Upon freeing Zatanna from her confines, they continue moving onward, hoping to get closer and closer to facing Faust and Dracula.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

The group continues making their way through the castle. A staircase here. A dark corridor there. All the while eluding the creatures of the night. Demons, monsters, zombies, ghouls, ghosts, the whole nine yards. The candles grow no fewer as they come closer, but the innate darkness of the castle seems to grow ever more powerful, threatening to take the group into a hold with a vice-like grip, never to let go if they ventured too deeply. It was an abyss, gazing back at them all.

Making their way deeper into the castle, they would eventually find themselves in a more narrow corridor with a wide door at the end, far more inconspicuous and simplistic in design than the rest of the castle. Barren and almost superfluous, but it's difficult to think that deeply into it. Constantine certainly didn't, nor did Zatanna or Miki. To them, it was all just the same.

However, it was not so.

As they traversed through this narrow corridor, something odd was felt in the air. A sort of... shifting, or rumbling. And then, in a flash, it happened, before anyone could think to react.

WHOOSH!

The floor gave way, opening up like a giant trap door, causing everyone to fall down into the dark, unknown abyss below.

As everyone regained their senses again, they would find themselves in some sort of grotesque cavern or abyss, surrounded by strange, organic structures, with mushrooms and insects about, making the place look like an ecosystem of its own, if not a demonic garden. Using the same spell as he did before, Constantine used another "business card" to light up the place, illuminating the dark, but not by too much, such was the limitation of his power.

image.jpg

Corpses littered the place, on top of small, insect-like demons scattering like rodents. In a sense, it was almost reminiscent of the Eclipse, the realm of pure red dread in which everyone had woken up within in the first place. Funny how things looped around. At least the path was linear; barriers blocked the sides and the way behind everyone, with the only way to go being forward.

Standing up and rubbing his backside with a pained groan, Constantine shook his head, looking around the place and examining his surroundings. "Well... Bugger all. A very cheery place to end up in," he said with mild disgust, looking down at the mysterious puddle of water that he stood in. At least, he hoped that it was water.

"Looks like there's only one way to go from here," Zatanna observed, stretching out her arms, "If everyone's alright now, should we press on? Hopefully, at the end, there's a way to get out of this trap, though... I won't hold my breath."

As her previous words indicated, it seemed that Zatanna had cast a spell using her powers or so in order to protect the group from any significant damage from the long fall, but even despite so, it seemed that she was considerate enough to give them a moment to collect their bearings again before moving on, just in case.

She wondered how well they would do to take it into consideration, and hoped for the best.

Cast List
As Ciel and Sebastian awoke, Ciel rubbed his head and looked around, before letting out an anguished huff of annoyance, which came out through a set of grit teeth.

Dx3dX.png

"Of-bloody-course. I suppose I shouldn't have put as much faith in you incompetent fools as I did. It only figures that you would lead us right into a trap." Ciel groaned, speaking to Constantine specifically. Standing back on his two feet, Ciel looked up to his butler, who was simply standing off to the side and looking down at a small golden stopwatch.

9WEYL.png

"Sebastian, go and search for a method of escape from the confines of this abysmal enclosure." Ciel said tiredly, with Sebastian only bowing in response.

tumblr_inline_owsylrVvEc1v3iisc_540.jpg

"Right away, young master." He said before doing just that, zipping off at his usual high speeds as he ran forward, searching for any possible exit. Being a demon and all, Sebastian didn't have to worry about the darkness due yo his vision surpassing that of a normal human's.

@Ver

Last edited:
Siegward of Catarina
@Ver @Everyone​
Continued from here.

Chapter Five
"Hellblazer"

Tap. Tap. Tap.

However, it was not so.

WHOOSH!

image.jpg

Cast List

"Fear not, friends! I've been in several pickles worse than this one. I'm sure there's an exit!" Siegward declared. He began marching in the one direction available to the group.

VuOzx0O.jpg

"Onward!"

It seemed that the onion knight had a little nap earlier, and perhaps a drink as well. What else could explain his return to his usual self?​

Continued from here.

Chapter Five
"Hellblazer"

Tap. Tap. Tap.

However, it was not so.

WHOOSH!

image.jpg

Cast List

o8qC8uY.jpg

"You know... I could use Lodestar to fly us up... where we fell from to get here?" Ben suggests. "Is forward really the only way?"

Ben looks around the place. Chilly and frightening.

voDh2os.jpg

"Wow, somebody really loves body horror," Astolfo sarcastically adds, "how appaling, not cute at all."

@Ver @Lucky @Minerva @Otto @Yun Lee @etcetcetc

Meanwhile, somewhere else...

xel85Hs.jpg

"Like you're cuter than my Chihaya-chan, you eggplant-born little fuck. I'm going to teach you some manners when I continue writing my manga - that is, after I get all these full combos."​

Last edited:
View attachment 2182

"Just when I start to think things can't get worse, we end up right back where we started..." Sumia sighed. "Well, nothing to do but keep on keeping on. Say, Libra, mind if I hold onto you for support? The last thing I want to do is land face-first on a pile of innards!"

"Of course, Sumia." Offering his friend an arm, the two would follow down the path. Not much else to do, really.

@Ver @Raptor Jesus @Crow @Otto

tea10.png

"Probably wouldn't be that easy," Constantine answered Ben, "Too much of us to carry up in a timely manner, and that's assumin' that the doors didn't close up again. Probably be better off seein' at least where this tunnel of ours leads."

With that, he, Zatanna, and Miki followed suit, also going down the path. However, very shortly into the beginning of their trek, the light would shine to reveal a troublesome sight; a massive horde of demons in everyone's way, numbers threatening to match those seen at the entrance hall. One could only guess that they were the trap, and that this pit was designed for prisoners to die in.

image.gif
image.gif

With a sickly goo leaking from their body, as though their forms were either decomposing or materializing with each step they took, they took on a misshapen look. No doubt their existences were cursed the moment they began to walk.

But a cursed fate was one that they were fighting against for their own sake anyway.

5_XJq_T-_HQSyeev_CIVMMLhwg.png

"Never a dull moment in this place, huh?!" Zatanna exclaimed as she raised her arms, orange energy conjuring up around as she focused all her attention on the horde of enemies before them, "There's far more than I'd really care to deal with right now, but if we can't go around them, then we'll just have to go through them! We've got no choice, so let's power through, and don't stop until we reach the end! Those of you who can't fight, make sure to stay in the back and look after one another!"

"How are you so sure that there is an end?!"

"Glass half full, John! Glass half full! Anyway, come on, charge! And don't stop!" She yelled, dashing forward with that.

@Raptor Jesus @Otto @Crow @Yun Lee @Everyone

tea10.png

"Probably wouldn't be that easy," Constantine answered Ben, "Too much of us to carry up in a timely manner, and that's assumin' that the doors didn't close up again. Probably be better off seein' at least where this tunnel of ours leads."

With that, he, Zatanna, and Miki followed suit, also going down the path. However, very shortly into the beginning of their trek, the light would shine to reveal a troublesome sight; a massive horde of demons in everyone's way, numbers threatening to match those seen at the entrance hall. One could only guess that they were the trap, and that this pit was designed for prisoners to die in.

image.gif
image.gif

With a sickly goo leaking from their body, as though their forms were either decomposing or materializing with each step they took, they took on a misshapen look. No doubt their existences were cursed the moment they began to walk.

But a cursed fate was one that they were fighting against for their own sake anyway.

"Never a dull moment in this place, huh?!" Zatanna exclaimed as she raised her arms, orange energy conjuring up around as she focused all her attention on the horde of enemies before them, "There's far more than I'd really care to deal with right now, but if we can't go around them, then we'll just have to go through them! We've got no choice, so let's power through, and don't stop until we reach the end! Those of you who can't fight, make sure to stay in the back and look after one another!"

"Glass half full, John! Glass half full! Anyway, come on, charge! And don't stop!" She yelled, dashing forward with that.

"Any more traps and we'll be walking into a 4D showing of one of those Cthulhu Mythos movie adaptations," Ben adds.

Just then, more spooks came up.

"Hey uglies!" Ben mocks, then realises something. "If I had a penny for every time I said that, I'd put Ben 23 to shame."

2xDEgPX.jpg

"I hope this doesn't bug you!"

Ben began to transform. From his head grew a great horn, remniscent of a beetle. His appendanges became more arthropod-like...

6AWDkIs.jpg

"Ball Weevil!" the Arthropod-like alien that appeared before everyone exclaimed.

Ball Weevil as he was called charged up a large, green slimy gooey plasma ball before releasing it at a few members of the horde, causing it to absorb the slimy undead. Ball Weevil jumped on this plasma ball and rolled it around via his legs, causing it to absorb even more undead, before he released it in a direction, allowing it to create a large explosion to clear out a greater fraction of the horde.

qQh728D.jpg

That's what you get for underestimating the cute and seemingly harmless, slimebrains!" Ball Weevil taunts. "Hey, I actually called them something aside from ugly!"

Ball Weevil starts to scramble towards the end of the line with its tiny legs.

"I guess a flyer would've been a better choice if I wanted to speed through this..." Ball Weevil sighs, "this floor's disgusting, even for a bug like me."

@Ver @Minerva @Lucky @Raptor Jesus @Otto @Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @etcetcetc​

Last edited:
tea10.png

image.gif
image.gif

"Bloody hell. Of course we had to deal with the undead..."
Ciel muttered before looking up to Sebastian and nodding, with the butler simply nodding in return.

sbru%20%281%29.jpg

"Well, I suppose I'd better teach these ruffians a thing or two. It's high time that I stretch these old legs anyways." Sebastian chimed before glancing to the army of monster and simply pulling out a set of knives.

giphy.gif

"Now.... where shall I start?"

SCHING!!!

Using only his speed and a single kitchen knife, Sebastian single-handedly cut through several of their attackers with ease.

SCHING!!!

Another set.

SCHING!!!

And another.

Although he had taken out a good number of the creatures, there were still plenty more coming their way. To this, Sebastian only smiled as he leaped up to the air.

giphy.gif

"Pardon me for being so forward, but I'm afraid that my associates and I have other arrangements planned, and it's of utmost importance that we arrive at our destination in a timely manner. I do hope you understand." Sebastian chimed as he threw the knives at each of the creatures, each blade hitting them with rapid succession between the eyes. Sebastian repeated this process for a while, almost seeming to never run out of knives.

With their forces no doubt weakened by Sebastian's superb knife throwing abilities and all around baddassery, the butler landed on both two feet and brushed off his suit.

Upon landing, Sebastian pulled out his gold stopwatch and shook his head whilst clicking his tongue.

"Oh dear, I'm afraid that I fell point two seconds short of my previous time. Such missteps are simply inexcusable for a Phantomhive butler. I do hope you can forgive me, young master." Sebastian said to Ciel, who only rolled his free eye in response.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Otto @Kaykay @Takumi @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Tutski19

"If we could stop ending up in places like this..." Sera complained to herself. It was almost like they could only arrive in creepy places. Or places that would quickly turn into horrid scenery. Though she didn't want to see any more of anything like this, the fastest way to do so seemed to be to do as Zatanna said and simply rush forward. Rush towards the end of all of this. If there was one.

Materializing her sword in her hands, she began to soar forward and cleave through the ridiculous mass of enemies that they were confronted with.

@Raptor Jesus @Otto @Crow @Yun Lee @Ver @Everyone

tea10.png

image.gif
image.gif

Lindel, being used to the sight of a multitude of creatures considered myth and folk lore, couldn't help but cringe just a little at the sight of the insect like demons and the monsters made of goo. Frowning, he kept a distance for now and took a breath. He began his incantation again through song, the words weren't in a language most would know, but his intentions here were similar with his attack against Faust.

The winds will blow and echo, and they will be sharp as blades. They will cut my enemy to pieces until there is nothing left.

Keeping an eye on a large number of their enemy, he used a good portion of energy to even create winds in this forsaken garden of gore compared to being out in the more open space when fighting Faust. He was careful not to let it get in the way of his allies or even injure them though.

@Ver @Otto @Yun Lee @Crow @Raptor Jesus @Kaykay

Last edited:
tea10.png

image.gif
image.gif

Kokichi stuck to as far back in the group as he could. He let the more capable people fight these monsters.

@Ver @Raptor Jesus @Otto @Crow @Yun Lee @Everyone

The demons fell, one by one like lambs for the slaughter, and though their numbers hardly relented, more and more rising from the muddy ground like the group was treading through an ocean of their beings, their cumbersome speed prevented them from overwhelming the group as they pushed through with an intrepid charge. Eventually, they even disappeared into the darkness behind as the ground dried up, mud replaced with dryer rocks in the ground befitting a dark cave. However, they eventually would bump into another obstacle, one that was just a little more than inconvenient, as they reached the end of the cavern, only to find nothing but a massive, thick wall in their way.

"Balls! Bollocks! Blast it all!" Constantine cursed, kicking the wall in frustration as they were met with a dead end, gritting his teeth as he looked back, hoping that the demons wouldn't appear again in the next minute.

"W-What do we do now?" Miki asked fearfully.

"Yeah, got any more bright ideas, John?"

"Oh, if you think you could lead everyone better, then by all means!"

"I certainly led the league better than you back home."

"That is up for deba--!"

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrumble.

Suddenly, the wall shook, vibrating intensely enough that the whole group could feel it, even in the ground and in the air, a few stray pebbles even falling from the ceiling. Like a sliding door, the wall in front of them suddenly opened up, light crawling into the space and illuminating the area, as a familiar figure stood before them.

XX91xu66QsSaQw_c7FSPXw.png

"You know... It's a real bitch to go up so many stairs, especially when it looks like I ended up taking a different way from you guys..." Guts said, standing before everyone and gazing down at them all, a lever pulled down next to him. His form was bloodied, covered to the brim with guts (no pun intended) and other disgusting remains, but all things considered, it was easy to guess that none of it was his blood.

"... but it looks like things worked out well. Looks like you guys had fun without me. And you even made new friends along the way."

"Yeah, real grateful and all, mate, but I'll introduce you to Z and Morrigan later. C'mon, everyone! Let's get out before those bloody wankers back there catch up to us!" Constantine exclaimed, leading everyone out hastily.

Eyeing everyone as they stepped out, Guts rubbed his arm idly, wiping off some stray demon blood. "You guys alright?"

@Alex Azure @Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Kaykay @Crow @Otto @Yun Lee @Everyone

The demons fell, one by one like lambs for the slaughter, and though their numbers hardly relented, more and more rising from the muddy ground like the group was treading through an ocean of their beings, their cumbersome speed prevented them from overwhelming the group as they pushed through with an intrepid charge. Eventually, they even disappeared into the darkness behind as the ground dried up, mud replaced with dryer rocks in the ground befitting a dark cave. However, they eventually would bump into another obstacle, one that was just a little more than inconvenient, as they reached the end of the cavern, only to find nothing but a massive, thick wall in their way.

"Balls! Bollocks! Blast it all!" Constantine cursed, kicking the wall in frustration as they were met with a dead end, gritting his teeth as he looked back, hoping that the demons wouldn't appear again in the next minute.

"That is up for deba--!"

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrumble.

Suddenly, the wall shook, vibrating intensely enough that the whole group could feel it, even in the ground and in the air, a few stray pebbles even falling from the ceiling. Like a sliding door, the wall in front of them suddenly opened up, light crawling into the space and illuminating the area, as a familiar figure stood before them.

"You know... It's a real bitch to go up so many stairs, especially when it looks like I ended up taking a different way from you guys..." Guts said, standing before everyone and gazing down at them all, a lever pulled down next to him. His form was bloodied, covered to the brim with guts (no pun intended) and other disgusting remains, but all things considered, it was easy to guess that none of it was his blood.

"... but it looks like things worked out well. Looks like you guys had fun without me. And you even made new friends along the way."

"Yeah, real grateful and all, mate, but I'll introduce you to Z and Morrigan later. C'mon, everyone! Let's get out before those bloody wankers back there catch up to us!" Constantine exclaimed, leading everyone out hastily.

Eyeing everyone as they stepped out, Guts rubbed his arm idly, wiping off some stray demon blood. "You guys alright?"

"As can be, considering the circumstances, thank you for the assistance,"
Grace replied as she passed by Guts.

"Oh look it's big nasty," Came Morte's response as he stopped by Guts and gave him a look over. "You look like death itself, and smell so bad "

@Ver

"That is up for deba--!"

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrumble.

In a flash of green light, Ball Weevil was Ben Tennyson once again.

"You go Guts! Good to have you back! You almost scared us with your absence! We're mostly A-OK, how about you? Something tells me you had fun without us too, but don't worry, we haven't had the main course yet..."

Ben Tennyson smacked fist with palm and switched from a cheerful, joking demeanor to an angered expression.

FPm7SRS.jpg

"... Felix Faust."

@Ver @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Takumi @Kaykay @Crow @Otto @Yun Lee @etcetcetc​

Last edited:
"I'm just glad we're out of that awful place," Sumia replied, trying to wipe off whatever bile had gotten on her during their time in that hellhole. "I really don't know how much more of this I can take!"

"With everything this Dracula throws in out path, I can only imagine how powerful he himself is..." Libra shook his head. "We should seek out Etrigan before Dracula. I doubt we could handle both of them at once."

@Ver @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Jeremi@Takumi @Kaykay @Crow @Otto @Yun Lee@etcetcetc​

"That is up for deba--!"

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrumble.

Sheathing the Zweihander that he had used to help slay the creatures, Siegward rejoiced. "Another victory! Haha!" He raised a fist in the air for effect. As he followed Constantine, he made a short reply to the Black Swordsman's question. "I'm quite alright, thanks to you. Without your help, we might never have gotten out of there! You have my deepest gratitude."

And with that, he was once again ready to brave the dangers of the castle.​

g_I8kmi_YRwma_FPn_N6_Snv_UA.png

"Don't tempt me to throw you all the way back down to square one," Guts flatly grunted toward Morte. Pushing the lever back down again, the wall closed up, preventing the demons trailing in the distance from reaching the group.

"Right, well. Time's a wasting!" Constantine exclaimed, moving with the rest of the group through the new area now that they had collected their bearings.

The area they found themselves in was like some sort of floating labyrinth, with platforms and balconies either floating in mid-air or led to dead ends. The trek itself was also somewhat perilous, but nothing that most of the group wouldn't be able to handle without too much worry, between gaps to jump in said floating platforms and so on. Within the castle's bizarre architecture, there were a few oddities in terms of what the group could see. The paintings on the walls (all of which were vertically framed) looked as though they were... upside down, flipped from what they were supposed to be, as did the doorways, but neither Constantine nor Zatanna were able to make much comment of it.

That is, not until the group did make their way through one such open doorway (having to make a big step over in doing so), and it was then that the raven-haired witch stopped in the middle of the room they found themselves in, blinking as she furrowed her brow.

"Y'know... I didn't wanna say anything at first, but... Guys?"

mMhsCwo3QnOsj4tgoJEO_A.png

"... I think we're upside down."

"W-What?" Miki asked in disbelief, "S-So... All this time we'd been going up those stairs, at least, after the trap... What, are you saying that we'd been going down?"

"What, you're saying if I throw the floating skull down, he'll actually end up at the top of the castle? Hmph. Still, this place does look familiar to me, but... When the hell did everything turn upside when I didn't notice?" Guts commented, looking around warily, as though barely able to believe it himself.

"Tch. Makes one wonder if this is Faust's doing, or if Mr. Dracula's castle is just like this," Constantine clicked his tongue.

Guts remained suspicious of the whole situation, furrowing a brow as he examined the area. As he gazed into the distance, deeper into the room, he narrowed his eye, as though seeing something strange. Without a word, he began to walk forward, prompting Constantine to jerk his head toward the swordsman.

"H-Hey, where you goin', mate?"

"When I was looking for you guys... This room was definitely right side up. Maybe if I go back through, it'll be that way again. 'Sides... I think I can feel something... off in the distance..." Guts murmured, as though completely focused on whatever was going through his mind, before continuing on, as though expecting the others to follow.

"Well... Guess he's the leader now."

"Yeah, we're really making a game of singing chairs out of this role, huh?"

@Kaykay @Otto @Crow @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Takumi @Everyone

g_I8kmi_YRwma_FPn_N6_Snv_UA.png

"Don't tempt me to throw you all the way back down to square one," Guts flatly grunted toward Morte. Pushing the lever back down again, the wall closed up, preventing the demons trailing in the distance from reaching the group.

"Right, well. Time's a wasting!" Constantine exclaimed, moving with the rest of the group through the new area now that they had collected their bearings.

The area they found themselves in was like some sort of floating labyrinth, with platforms and balconies either floating in mid-air or led to dead ends. The trek itself was also somewhat perilous, but nothing that most of the group wouldn't be able to handle without too much worry, between gaps to jump in said floating platforms and so on. Within the castle's bizarre architecture, there were a few oddities in terms of what the group could see. The paintings on the walls (all of which were vertically framed) looked as though they were... upside down, flipped from what they were supposed to be, as did the doorways, but neither Constantine nor Zatanna were able to make much comment of it.

That is, not until the group did make their way through one such open doorway (having to make a big step over in doing so), and it was then that the raven-haired witch stopped in the middle of the room they found themselves in, blinking as she furrowed her brow.

"Y'know... I didn't wanna say anything at first, but... Guys?"

mMhsCwo3QnOsj4tgoJEO_A.png

"... I think we're upside down."

"W-What?" Miki asked in disbelief, "S-So... All this time we'd been going up those stairs, at least, after the trap... What, are you saying that we'd been going down?"

"What, you're saying if I throw the floating skull down, he'll actually end up at the top of the castle? Hmph. Still, this place does look familiar to me, but... When the hell did everything turn upside when I didn't notice?" Guts commented, looking around warily, as though barely able to believe it himself.

"Tch. Makes one wonder if this is Faust's doing, or if Mr. Dracula's castle is just like this," Constantine clicked his tongue.

Guts remained suspicious of the whole situation, furrowing a brow as he examined the area. As he gazed into the distance, deeper into the room, he narrowed his eye, as though seeing something strange. Without a word, he began to walk forward, prompting Constantine to jerk his head toward the swordsman.

"H-Hey, where you goin', mate?"

"When I was looking for you guys... This room was definitely right side up. Maybe if I go back through, it'll be that way again. 'Sides... I think I can feel something... off in the distance..." Guts murmured, as though completely focused on whatever was going through his mind, before continuing on, as though expecting the others to follow.

"Well... Guess he's the leader now."

"Yeah, we're really making a game of singing chairs out of this role, huh?"

@Kaykay @Otto @Crow @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Takumi @Everyone

6yyHV5v.jpg

"Magic, I tell you," Ben adds as he moves forward. "Well, let's just keep going down... or up... or something."

He turns to the rest of the group.

"I have this hunch that this is just a harder version of the regular right-side up castle, like, 'first stage of this is tougher than last stage of the last one' levels of tough."

As he says this, he prepares his Omnitrix.

"In other words, best to brace ourselves in times of a crisis. Don't wanna be knocked out by a sneak attack."

Ben dials and smacks his watch down, allowing for transformation. His physiology became rock-like in nature, and every bit of calcium and marrow in his bones replaced by crystal...

5kAnmpp.jpg

"Diamondhead!" A crystalline being appears in place of Ben. The humanoid turns to Miki for a bit.

"I've been meaning to give this to you for a while, Miki, but it appears that our current situation has been pretty rushy," Diamondhead spoke as it created a crystalline sword in his hands, preparing to hand it to the girl. It seemed to be made of the same material as his very flesh.

RR939Tr.jpg

"I figured that these were more effective than words of motivation. Realistically, everyone would need at least one weapon to live through this. Tougher than a katana folded a thousand times," Diamondhead assures her, then turns to Josh and Mike.

The crystalline being whispered into Mike's ears, "think your pal needs one too?"

@Ver @Kaykay @Lucky @Otto @Crow @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Takumi @Everyone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back