Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ver
As Ciel and Sebastian went through the first door, ending up on the normal floor, and Ben multiplied to make sure each side was evenly distributed through weight, the position of the long room shifted once again, returning to a "normal" state once again, but then after that... Nothing else happened.

Pursing her lips with an inquisitive hum, Zatanna crossed her arms and tapped her foot against her ground (the left wall). Furrowing her brow, her expression shifted a bit, as though an idea popped into her head. With that, she idly hopped up and down in place. At least, "up and down" from her perspective. To someone on the normal floor, it was more like "right and left," but as seen with the doors, gravity seemed to be subjective at this current moment. "Hrm, just as I thought," Zatanna mumbled to herself, "When we were still moving, before we came to this room, we were already upside down, right? That path included leaping across some platforms, but it wasn't like we fell off and splatted into the ground below, right? So if the gravity that binds us down depends on what place we're standing on..." The raven-haired woman mused, walking in a small circle in order to establish that "up" and "down" from her position were viable directions -- scaling the walls a bit as she walked in such directions -- before stopping and placing a hand on her hip, "... then I don't think that it's that we need to evenly distribute the weight, but rather..."

"... If there's no easy way to reach the top of the castle when we're right side up or upside down, then we'll just have to scale the walls vertically, huh?"

"Yeah. And if the room shifts depending on the weight anyway, then we don't even need everyone to move through a certain door; maybe the weight -- and the gravity -- will shift so that everyone ends up on a wall so we can move up, like spiders. You guys follow me?"

"It's a little confusing, but... I think I get it," Miki nodded.

All that was left was to put such a thought into practice, right?
"I suppose it's as worthy of a shot as any..." Ciel hummed aloud before heading back towards the doors, the time heading towards the second door. With the two now on the wall, Sebastian and Ciel would simply begin scaling it as Constantine ans Zatanna suggested.
"That makes sense," Sera nodded. She went through the second door following Ciel, seeking to be able to scale the left wall. Somehow.

Following their lead, Siegward also attempted to scale the wall, albeit reluctantly. "My... this is quite nauseating, isn't it? Either that, or I had a little too much to drink..."

Last edited:
As Ciel and Sebastian went through the first door, ending up on the normal floor, and Ben multiplied to make sure each side was evenly distributed through weight, the position of the long room shifted once again, returning to a "normal" state once again, but then after that... Nothing else happened.

Pursing her lips with an inquisitive hum, Zatanna crossed her arms and tapped her foot against her ground (the left wall). Furrowing her brow, her expression shifted a bit, as though an idea popped into her head. With that, she idly hopped up and down in place. At least, "up and down" from her perspective. To someone on the normal floor, it was more like "right and left," but as seen with the doors, gravity seemed to be subjective at this current moment. "Hrm, just as I thought," Zatanna mumbled to herself, "When we were still moving, before we came to this room, we were already upside down, right? That path included leaping across some platforms, but it wasn't like we fell off and splatted into the ground below, right? So if the gravity that binds us down depends on what place we're standing on..." The raven-haired woman mused, walking in a small circle in order to establish that "up" and "down" from her position were viable directions -- scaling the walls a bit as she walked in such directions -- before stopping and placing a hand on her hip, "... then I don't think that it's that we need to evenly distribute the weight, but rather..."

"... If there's no easy way to reach the top of the castle when we're right side up or upside down, then we'll just have to scale the walls vertically, huh?"

"Yeah. And if the room shifts depending on the weight anyway, then we don't even need everyone to move through a certain door; maybe the weight -- and the gravity -- will shift so that everyone ends up on a wall so we can move up, like spiders. You guys follow me?"

"It's a little confusing, but... I think I get it," Miki nodded.

All that was left was to put such a thought into practice, right?

@Yun Lee @Crow @Lucky @Jeremi @Kaykay @Otto @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Takumi @Everyone
"That makes sense," Sera nodded. She went through the second door following Ciel, seeking to be able to scale the left wall. Somehow.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Lucky @Jeremi @Kaykay @Otto @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Ver @Takumi @Everyone
@Ver

Following their lead, Siegward also attempted to scale the wall, albeit reluctantly. "My... this is quite nauseating, isn't it? Either that, or I had a little too much to drink..."

The Echo Echoes on the floor merged into a single Echo Echo once more. The ones on the ceiling remained one.

QnVBoMo.jpg

"Siegward! Second door, third door, pick your poison," the Echo Echo on the ceiling - from his perspective, the ground - said to him. "That's how you get the walls to be the floors!"

@Ver @Otto @Kaykay @Raptor Jesus

The Echo Echoes on the floor merged into a single Echo Echo once more. The ones on the ceiling remained one.

QnVBoMo.jpg

"Siegward! Second door, third door, pick your poison," the Echo Echo on the ceiling - from his perspective, the ground - said to him. "That's how you get the walls to be the floors!"

@Ver @Otto @Kaykay @Raptor Jesus
"Why are you even still on the ceiling, you bumbling idiot! Quit wasting our time!" Ciel shouted upwards from his position on the wall.

@Crow @Ver @Otto @Kaykay

RFjhx.png

"WHAT BLOODY---"
Ciel stopped himself before simply sighing and rubbing the bridge of his nose. "I'm not wasting my time on this." With that, Ciel turned and continued up the wall without another word.

@Crow

"Hup! Hup! Hup!"

Realising that Siegward persisted, the Echo Echoes on the left wall attempted to pull Siegward up and support him, increasing their numbers to hold his weight as he scaled.

"That is a lot of alcohol!"

"You sure your liver's alright?"

@Ver @Otto

Last edited:
As Miki and Constantine also moved to the second door, ending up on the left wall as well, the room's position shifted once again as the weight began to gradually shift it (probably mostly thanks to Guts and Siegward, all things considered) around, as those who remained standing on anywhere other than the left wall would end up being able to slide down there as the room's gravitational field shifted, bounding everyone to the new plane as the wall became the new standing ground.

Waltzing over out of the room and back into the massive chamber they were in before, Zatanna peered to her "left," gazing at the ceiling shrouded in shadows. With everyone on the same "plane" now, she let out a breath, before facing the group again.

"Alright. Now that we're like this, guess that the only way up is... well, walking up the wall," she said, hopping out of the long room and into the chamber from before, her heels unceremoniously stabbing through the painting that she landed in.

"... Oops."

"That's probably like, at least two grand right there," Constantine said dryly, also hopping out and onto the chamber walls, "Come on, then. Let's get a move on once again. If all's well, hopefully we're nearin' the home stretch. Even if... nothing has really gone well before. But if we scale the walls here, we can practically skip through the rest of the floors and bypass all the spooky ghouls waitin' for us, eh?" He asked with a small wink, "Ready, lads?"

@Yun Lee @Crow @Lucky @Jeremi @Kaykay @Otto @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Takumi @Everyone

Mike and Josh

Mike and Josh slid to the new "floor" and looked over at the others, happy that it was over. As sickening as it was, now that all was done was to climb the walls and that was a good thing. Josh held his new diamond toy close and hoped over to the next room silently. Mike sighed. " Hopefully, this insane room flipping was helpful in the long run. Walking on ceilings, monsters, ghouls, this castle built straight like a bad 90s difficult videogame," he said, following the others into the old chamber.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @Kaykay @Otto @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Takumi @Everyone

As Miki and Constantine also moved to the second door, ending up on the left wall as well, the room's position shifted once again as the weight began to gradually shift it (probably mostly thanks to Guts and Siegward, all things considered) around, as those who remained standing on anywhere other than the left wall would end up being able to slide down there as the room's gravitational field shifted, bounding everyone to the new plane as the wall became the new standing ground.

Waltzing over out of the room and back into the massive chamber they were in before, Zatanna peered to her "left," gazing at the ceiling shrouded in shadows. With everyone on the same "plane" now, she let out a breath, before facing the group again.

"Alright. Now that we're like this, guess that the only way up is... well, walking up the wall," she said, hopping out of the long room and into the chamber from before, her heels unceremoniously stabbing through the painting that she landed in.

"... Oops."

"That's probably like, at least two grand right there," Constantine said dryly, also hopping out and onto the chamber walls, "Come on, then. Let's get a move on once again. If all's well, hopefully we're nearin' the home stretch. Even if... nothing has really gone well before. But if we scale the walls here, we can practically skip through the rest of the floors and bypass all the spooky ghouls waitin' for us, eh?" He asked with a small wink, "Ready, lads?"

Mike and Josh

Mike and Josh slid to the new "floor" and looked over at the others, happy that it was over. As sickening as it was, now that all was done was to climb the walls and that was a good thing. Josh held his new diamond toy close and hoped over to the next room silently. Mike sighed. " Hopefully, this insane room flipping was helpful in the long run. Walking on ceilings, monsters, ghouls, this castle built straight like a bad 90s difficult videogame," he said, following the others into the old chamber.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @Kaykay @Otto @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Takumi @Everyone

"Oh, we're outright skipping all the minions?"

"Guess we're ditching the plan for this one then."

The Echo Echoes on the floor, ceiling and right wall fall take a great leap and merge with the ones walking on the left wall, before they transform back into one single Ben Tennyson.

qVSiSmx.jpg

"I feel funny, but nothing's happening. Let's just keep moving, guys."

@Ver @Lucky @etcetcetc​

"... Oops."

0V3fF.jpg

"Indeed. Constantly being stopped by ghouls and ghosts and the like is beginning to grow quite tiresome."
Ciel replied as he trudged onwards up the wall, hoping that they wouldn't run into anymore obstacles on their way to Dracula.

Mike and Josh

tumblr_inline_owsylrVvEc1v3iisc_540.jpg

"I simply cannot agree more." Came the voice of none other than Sebastian, who had been staying close to his young master for the time being. "I don't believe that we've met. I am Sebastian Michaelis, faithful butler and servant of Ciel Phantomhive." The demon butler replied as he bowed.

@Lucky @Ver @Crow @Otto @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Alex Azure

Mike

Mike looked over at him and raised an eyebrow. " Pretty sure, you complimented me earlier on my work. But to be fair, I never did introduce myself during that time. I'm Michael Munroe, friends call me Mike," he replied to him, accepting the bow, not certain if it was custom to bow back to him.

@Raptor Jesus

qpleH.jpg

"Hm. I do not recall that..." Sebastian said, finding it odd that he didn't remember interacting with Mike. However, he didn't appear to think long on the matter, his lips soon curling back into his usual polite smile. "Well, it is a pleasure to formerly meet you nonetheless."

@Lucky

As the group traversed up the wall, scaling up the castle (and inadvertently trampling all over the hanged paintings, no doubt), after what seemed like an uncomfortably long trek, the trip putting it into perspective how massive the mysterious castle truly was, the end finally came as they reached the very top of the castle, stopped by the ceiling. While it was impossible to reach the summit of the stairs below that would have led them to the highest chambers of the castle, conveniently, as it was, what awaited them instead was a door lodged in the ceiling for them to enter through.

Entering through it would yield yet another brand new locale, one in which they were all hopefully right side up again with that.

whGdW4CBQt6S_hT2ZY8fYQ.png

It was a place that resembled some sort of personal study, similar to the library from before but far more intimate, being smaller than the library and possessing more personal looking attachments.

The night sky and the light cast by the moon, reflected by the window, depicted a deceivingly serene scene, one that betrayed the chaotic evil that lurked around. It was almost easy to forget that just below sat a decaying village that finally hit the final nail in its own coffin, facing death as it suffered a grave attack. What a beautiful night to have a curse.

Stopping in the middle of the study, Constantine knelt down briefly, picking up what looked like a page torn out of a journal. As his eyes scanned the page, he read it aloud, little louder than a mumble.

rare09.png

"When I had awakened again, I was, once again, alone. And for a minute, I believed I was content. I believed that this cursed existence was put to an end, and humans would no longer torment me," he read from the page, pausing for a moment as he furrowed his brow, connecting the dots. These memoirs or whatever they were did not belong to Faust; he wasn't so misanthropic like this. No... In that case, it must be Dracula? Hmph. How troublesome.

After all...

"... But I continued living. I continue to exist, and once again, I am left with nothing. My servants are but shells. Children of the night they may be, but the music that is their howls fail to soothe me. Instead, they only serve to remind me of the darkness in which I live, the darkness that protects me from the light. Even my own son has turned his back on me. But Dear Maria, this was the only way. It was all for you. I know it cannot forgive my sins, but in the end... Is it I who is truly the sinner? Or is it man? Is it he who is the true monster? After all, man is perhaps the only kind of creature who would kill their own kind so maliciously... so needlessly. And it is only natural for a higher being to consume the lesser beings."

"If it is a sin to live as myself, then I have no need for such a God. He has forsaken his people, deceiving them with empty promises of salvation. But there is none to be found. I am proof of this godless state."

... John Constantine didn't come all this way to sympathize with the enemy.

Turning toward the group as he finished, wagging the page lightly, he let out a soft chuckle. "Before we move on, I think we ought to look around this place. Might be somethin' worthwhile for... our cause. 'Sides, after all that walking, we could certainly use a small break, eh? Catch your calm before the storm breaks and all that."

Before moving on any further, the study desk was probably the most eye-catching area to take a look at if one so desired. Otherwise, they were free to confer with each other and rest up.

After all, who knew when the next chance for a break would be?

If you'd even have a chance ever again.

As the group traversed up the wall, scaling up the castle (and inadvertently trampling all over the hanged paintings, no doubt), after what seemed like an uncomfortably long trek, the trip putting it into perspective how massive the mysterious castle truly was, the end finally came as they reached the very top of the castle, stopped by the ceiling. While it was impossible to reach the summit of the stairs below that would have led them to the highest chambers of the castle, conveniently, as it was, what awaited them instead was a door lodged in the ceiling for them to enter through.

Entering through it would yield yet another brand new locale, one in which they were all hopefully right side up again with that.

It was a place that resembled some sort of personal study, similar to the library from before but far more intimate, being smaller than the library and possessing more personal looking attachments.

The night sky and the light cast by the moon, reflected by the window, depicted a deceivingly serene scene, one that betrayed the chaotic evil that lurked around. It was almost easy to forget that just below sat a decaying village that finally hit the final nail in its own coffin, facing death as it suffered a grave attack. What a beautiful night to have a curse.

Stopping in the middle of the study, Constantine knelt down briefly, picking up what looked like a page torn out of a journal. As his eyes scanned the page, he read it aloud, little louder than a mumble.

rare09.png

"When I had awakened again, I was, once again, alone. And for a minute, I believed I was content. I believed that this cursed existence was put to an end, and humans would no longer torment me," he read from the page, pausing for a moment as he furrowed his brow, connecting the dots. These memoirs or whatever they were did not belong to Faust; he wasn't so misanthropic like this. No... In that case, it must be Dracula? Hmph. How troublesome.

After all...

"... But I continued living. I continue to exist, and once again, I am left with nothing. My servants are but shells. Children of the night they may be, but the music that is their howls fail to soothe me. Instead, they only serve to remind me of the darkness in which I live, the darkness that protects me from the light. Even my own son has turned his back on me. But Dear Maria, this was the only way. It was all for you. I know it cannot forgive my sins, but in the end... Is it I who is truly the sinner? Or is it man? Is it he who is the true monster? After all, man is perhaps the only kind of creature who would kill their own kind so maliciously... so needlessly. And it is only natural for a higher being to consume the lesser beings."

"If it is a sin to live as myself, then I have no need for such a God. He has forsaken his people, deceiving them with empty promises of salvation. But there is none to be found. I am proof of this godless state."

Turning toward the group as he finished, wagging the page lightly, he let out a soft chuckle. "Before we move on, I think we ought to look around this place. Might be somethin' worthwhile for... our cause. 'Sides, after all that walking, we could certainly use a small break, eh? Catch your calm before the storm breaks and all that."

Before moving on any further, the study desk was probably the most eye-catching area to take a look at if one so desired. Otherwise, they were free to confer with each other and rest up.

o8qC8uY.jpg

"That sounds kind of depressing," Ben adds, "I kind of only get half of it, but even I know it's not the best life, it seems, let's find out more."

Ben looks through the study table.

@Ver

rare09.png

After all...

o8qC8uY.jpg

"That sounds kind of depressing," Ben adds, "I kind of only get half of it, but even I know it's not the best life, it seems, let's find out more."

@Ver
Ciel sat in the back and silently listened to Constantine read the memoir left by whom could only be Dracula, before turning to face Ben when he commented on the matter.

paDYK.jpg

"Sorrowful as his tale may be, it matters not. We came all this way to kill this man, and I intend to see it through to the end, sympathetic or not." Ciel commented as he looked through the desk alongside Ben.

Meanwhile, Sebastian approached Constantine and Zatanna, maintaining his unwavering sense of hospitality and good manners as he did so.

tumblr_inline_ojhoiyVEmA1sz8ftu_540.png

"If you do not mind me asking, how exactly did the two of you meet?"

@Ver @Crow @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Otto @Alex Azure @Takumi

"... Oops."

rare09.png

After all...

o8qC8uY.jpg

@Ver
Ciel sat in the back and silently listened to Constantine read the memoir left by whom could only be Dracula, before turning to face Ben when he commented on the matter.

paDYK.jpg

"Sorrowful as his tale may be, it matters not. We came all this way to kill this man, and I intend to see it through to the end, sympathetic or not." Ciel commented as he looked through the desk alongside Ben.

Meanwhile, Sebastian approached Constantine and Zatanna, maintaining his unwavering sense of hospitality and good manners as he did so.

tumblr_inline_ojhoiyVEmA1sz8ftu_540.png

"If you do not mind me asking, how exactly did the two of you meet?"

@Ver @Crow @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Otto @Alex Azure @Takumi

Kokichi "assisted" Ben and Ciel with tried to take over the task of searching the desk.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Lucky @Jeremi @Kaykay @Otto @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Takumi @Everyone

rare09.png

After all...

"The heart of a poet can be found in the darkest of abyss',"
Grace mused aloud to no one in particular. This man they were going to face, Dracula, was more than meets the eye it seemed. Pure evil seemed to be far more a commodity than one could expect. However. "Justified in his own cause he might be, but a villain rarely think there deeds are that of evil."

"If you ask me he sounds like any other whiny bard who tries to get under girls skirts in bars." Morte replied offhand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back