Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike and Josh

Despite the amount of things that could have grown wrong, Mike had stuck to the plan and made sure the zombie was fried and that he was okay. He took a deep breath and had noticed that the castle was now upside down. This place was certainly weird, but he wasn't sure there was much to say about it. He did listen to Ben. " Yeah, he could use that. It's an upgrade from the knife, but not likely for him to die or hurt someone with," he whispered to him.

Josh was not paying attention, trying to rationlalize. Hopefully, Ben could get his attention to give him the sword diamond thing.

@Ver @Kaykay @Otto @Crow @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Takumi @Everyone

Mike and Josh

Despite the amount of things that could have grown wrong, Mike had stuck to the plan and made sure the zombie was fried and that he was okay. He took a deep breath and had noticed that the castle was now upside down. This place was certainly weird, but he wasn't sure there was much to say about it. He did listen to Ben. " Yeah, he could use that. It's an upgrade from the knife, but not likely for him to die or hurt someone with," he whispered to him.

Josh was not paying attention, trying to rationlalize. Hopefully, Ben could get his attention to give him the sword diamond thing.

@Ver @Kaykay @Otto @Crow @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Takumi @Everyone

Diamondhead gave Mike a nod and approached Josh.

T7BfBJM.jpg

"Josh, was it?" Diamondhead asked as he created another crystal sword in his palms and hands it to the man. "I see that you're trying to fight some mental demons. I know how you feel, I do that sometimes. But now's the time to clear your mind and fight some pretty physical ones - the more immediate problems with a larger scale of effect. Think you can handle it?"

@Lucky

g_I8kmi_YRwma_FPn_N6_Snv_UA.png

"Don't tempt me to throw you all the way back down to square one," Guts flatly grunted toward Morte. Pushing the lever back down again, the wall closed up, preventing the demons trailing in the distance from reaching the group.

"Right, well. Time's a wasting!" Constantine exclaimed, moving with the rest of the group through the new area now that they had collected their bearings.

The area they found themselves in was like some sort of floating labyrinth, with platforms and balconies either floating in mid-air or led to dead ends. The trek itself was also somewhat perilous, but nothing that most of the group wouldn't be able to handle without too much worry, between gaps to jump in said floating platforms and so on. Within the castle's bizarre architecture, there were a few oddities in terms of what the group could see. The paintings on the walls (all of which were vertically framed) looked as though they were... upside down, flipped from what they were supposed to be, as did the doorways, but neither Constantine nor Zatanna were able to make much comment of it.

That is, not until the group did make their way through one such open doorway (having to make a big step over in doing so), and it was then that the raven-haired witch stopped in the middle of the room they found themselves in, blinking as she furrowed her brow.

"Y'know... I didn't wanna say anything at first, but... Guys?"

mMhsCwo3QnOsj4tgoJEO_A.png

"... I think we're upside down."

"W-What?" Miki asked in disbelief, "S-So... All this time we'd been going up those stairs, at least, after the trap... What, are you saying that we'd been going down?"

"What, you're saying if I throw the floating skull down, he'll actually end up at the top of the castle? Hmph. Still, this place does look familiar to me, but... When the hell did everything turn upside when I didn't notice?" Guts commented, looking around warily, as though barely able to believe it himself.

"Tch. Makes one wonder if this is Faust's doing, or if Mr. Dracula's castle is just like this," Constantine clicked his tongue.

Guts remained suspicious of the whole situation, furrowing a brow as he examined the area. As he gazed into the distance, deeper into the room, he narrowed his eye, as though seeing something strange. Without a word, he began to walk forward, prompting Constantine to jerk his head toward the swordsman.

"H-Hey, where you goin', mate?"

"When I was looking for you guys... This room was definitely right side up. Maybe if I go back through, it'll be that way again. 'Sides... I think I can feel something... off in the distance..." Guts murmured, as though completely focused on whatever was going through his mind, before continuing on, as though expecting the others to follow.

"Well... Guess he's the leader now."

"Yeah, we're really making a game of singing chairs out of this role, huh?"

@Kaykay @Otto @Crow @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Takumi @Everyone
MVGYq.png

"Well isn't that just bloody convenient." Ciel groaned in pure annoyance as he shut his eye and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

A2JKB.jpg

"Well, say what you will about this Dracula fellow, but he does have a fine appreciation for art." Sebastian chimed as he glanced over the upside down painting, causing Ciel to sigh before turning to Ben.
6yyHV5v.jpg

"Magic, I tell you," Ben adds as he moves forward. "Well, let's just keep going down... or up... or something."

He turns to the rest of the group.

"I have this hunch that this is just a harder version of the regular right-side up castle, like, 'first stage of this is tougher than last stage of the last one' levels of tough."

As he says this, he prepares his Omnitrix.

"In other words, best to brace ourselves in times of a crisis. Don't wanna be knocked out by a sneak attack."

Ben dials and smacks his watch down, allowing for transformation. His physiology became rock-like in nature, and every bit of calcium and marrow in his bones replaced by crystal...

5kAnmpp.jpg

"Diamondhead!" A crystalline being appears in place of Ben. The humanoid turns to Miki for a bit.

"I've been meaning to give this to you for a while, Miki, but it appears that our current situation has been pretty rushy," Diamondhead spoke as it created a crystalline sword in his hands, preparing to hand it to the girl. It seemed to be made of the same material as his very flesh.

RR939Tr.jpg

"I figured that these were more effective than words of motivation. Realistically, everyone would need at least one weapon to live through this. Tougher than a katana folded a thousand times," Diamondhead assures her, then turns to Josh and Mike.

The crystalline being whispered into Mike's ears, "think your pal needs one too?"

@Ver @Kaykay @Lucky @Otto @Crow @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Takumi @Everyone
2RJb0.jpg

"I'm just fine with Sebastian at my side, thank you. I find him to be a more useful pawn than the majority of this group." Ciel stated to Ben when he began offering everyone weapons in the form of his own flesh. Or, rather, the flesh of whatever juvenile beast he appeared to have shapeshifted into.

@Ver @Crow @Lucky @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Otto @Jeremi @Kaykay

Miki_1009_copy.png

"Um, r-right... Thanks..." Miki said somewhat uneasily as she was given a makeshift crystal sword by Ben, eyeing it with a somewhat uncomfortable gaze, but keeping it for the time being. If nothing else, it was probably in better hands than Yuki-senpai's. Maybe Rii-san or Kurumi-senpai, but... Well, here she was with it.

Eventually, Guts eventually stopped, and as he did along with the rest of the group, three doors came into sight against the wall, each of them practically identical to the other and right next to each other. The swordsman suspiciously narrowed his eye, letting out an almost beastial grunt as he clicked his tongue.

"Those doors... They were not there when I went through here earlier. The fuck is going on?" Guts questioned, clenching his fists.

0y_Nf5_VVBTs_GY14vc_Ry4_Wfg.png

"What are ya sayin', mate? That the castle changes on a bloody whim? Likes to play tricks as much as its master does?"

"Well, whatever the case, we have to go through at least one of these. Not like there's much else we can go anyway," Zatanna said, crossing her arms with a furrowed brow as she spoke, "Anyone wanna try braving through one of these lucky doors? Don't all go at once," she continued with a tired sigh.

The choice was up to them to decide if they wanted to go through any of the three doors, or wait and see first.

@Crow @Lucky @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Kaykay @Jeremi @Otto @Everyone

"I can enter one of the doors," Libra said, stepping forward. If he entered one, that was one less person he had to worry about endangering.

Sumia gulped as Libra volunteered, sticking close to Miki. She looked down, trying to hide how burning red her face was right now. She wanted to volunteer, she did, but knowing her, she was certain she would probably get someone killed, or mess up some other way. It was best for everyone she stayed back.

@Ver @Everyone​

Miki_1009_copy.png

"Um, r-right... Thanks..." Miki said somewhat uneasily as she was given a makeshift crystal sword by Ben, eyeing it with a somewhat uncomfortable gaze, but keeping it for the time being. If nothing else, it was probably in better hands than Yuki-senpai's. Maybe Rii-san or Kurumi-senpai, but... Well, here she was with it.

Eventually, Guts eventually stopped, and as he did along with the rest of the group, three doors came into sight against the wall, each of them practically identical to the other and right next to each other. The swordsman suspiciously narrowed his eye, letting out an almost beastial grunt as he clicked his tongue.

"Those doors... They were not there when I went through here earlier. The fuck is going on?" Guts questioned, clenching his fists.

0y_Nf5_VVBTs_GY14vc_Ry4_Wfg.png

"What are ya sayin', mate? That the castle changes on a bloody whim? Likes to play tricks as much as its master does?"

"Well, whatever the case, we have to go through at least one of these. Not like there's much else we can go anyway," Zatanna said, crossing her arms with a furrowed brow as she spoke, "Anyone wanna try braving through one of these lucky doors? Don't all go at once," she continued with a tired sigh.

The choice was up to them to decide if they wanted to go through any of the three doors, or wait and see first.

@Crow @Lucky @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Kaykay @Jeremi @Otto @Everyone
"I can enter one of the doors," Libra said, stepping forward. If he entered one, that was one less person he had to worry about endangering.

Sumia gulped as Libra volunteered, sticking close to Miki. She looked down, trying to hide how burning red her face was right now. She wanted to volunteer, she did, but knowing her, she was certain she would probably get someone killed, or mess up some other way. It was best for everyone she stayed back.

@Ver @Everyone​

ag2yTb3.jpg

"Libra," Diamondhead places a palm on Libra's shoulder, "I've got this."

Diamondhead smacked the emblem on its chest, allowing him to transform once more.

2wa4JKA.jpg

"ECHO ECHO," a familiar, tiny creature appeared - Echo Echo. Echo Echo created divided himself into four, before allowing three of these clones to prepare to enter the three doors, with the last one staying behind.

"Three shall enter..."

"... one shall stay..."

@Ver @Crow @Lucky @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Kaykay @Jeremi @Otto @Everyone

Libra was undeterred.

View attachment 2184

"I will accompany you through one of the doors, at least. Your desire to reduce risk of casualty is appreciated, but to have only one person go through them all is foolish." And, in all honesty, Libra felt Ben needed supervision before he attempted any more reckless stunts.

@Ver @Crow

Libra was undeterred.

View attachment 2184

"I will accompany you through one of the doors, at least. Your desire to reduce risk of casualty is appreciated, but to have only one person go through them all is foolish." And, in all honesty, Libra felt Ben needed supervision before he attempted any more reckless stunts.

@Ver @Crow

QnVBoMo.jpg

"Guess you have a point..."

"... something tells me there's no convincing you out..."

"... very well then."

@Ver @Yun Lee

rare12.png

"I'll go with you lot then, see what happens for myself as well," Constantine said to Libra and Ben with a nod, before heading through the first door, if the choice seemed up to him.

As he opened it, the only thing they could see initially was nothing more than complete, utter darkness, impenetrable as though threatening to overwhelm any sense of light inside. Perhaps it was a fitting thing, considering the castle's affiliation and the darkness that its own master also served. As soon as they walked through, the door behind them immediately closed by itself. The blonde man kept cautious, walking a little slower than he would have with lights on, but eventually, as they walked forward silently, the small group would eventually come across yet another door, also identical to the ones from before.

"Well... This place certainly gives my House of Mystery a run for its money," Constantine grunted, before opening the new door and walking through. What laid beyond was...

... the same exact room that the rest of the group had been waiting in. Except, if they were standing on the ceiling, upside down, Constantine, Libra, and Ben were all standing on the ground, right side up.

Letting out a whistle upon this realization, the blonde had to stifle a chuckle. "This is a bit... trippy, to put it mildly," he commented.

"I'll say," Zatanna said from the ceiling, mildly amazed at the display once she caught sight of them.

"Still..." Constantine said, looking up at them, "All the stairs led here, so even though we're right side up again, there's no way that we know of to reach the top of the castle this way..."

View attachment 2185

"Well, isn't this tedious..."

"Ooh, this looks like a fun puzzle! Let me try!" Sumia would go through the second door, eager to see where it took her.

@Ver

rare12.png

"I'll go with you lot then, see what happens for myself as well," Constantine said to Libra and Ben with a nod, before heading through the first door, if the choice seemed up to him.

As he opened it, the only thing they could see initially was nothing more than complete, utter darkness, impenetrable as though threatening to overwhelm any sense of light inside. Perhaps it was a fitting thing, considering the castle's affiliation and the darkness that its own master also served. As soon as they walked through, the door behind them immediately closed by itself. The blonde man kept cautious, walking a little slower than he would have with lights on, but eventually, as they walked forward silently, the small group would eventually come across yet another door, also identical to the ones from before.

"Well... This place certainly gives my House of Mystery a run for its money," Constantine grunted, before opening the new door and walking through. What laid beyond was...

... the same exact room that the rest of the group had been waiting in. Except, if they were standing on the ceiling, upside down, Constantine, Libra, and Ben were all standing on the ground, right side up.

Letting out a whistle upon this realization, the blonde had to stifle a chuckle. "This is a bit... trippy, to put it mildly," he commented.

"I'll say," Zatanna said from the ceiling, mildly amazed at the display once she caught sight of them.

"Still..." Constantine said, looking up at them, "All the stairs led here, so even though we're right side up again, there's no way that we know of to reach the top of the castle this way..."

View attachment 2185

"Well, isn't this tedious..."

"Ooh, this looks like a fun puzzle! Let me try!" Sumia would go through the second door, eager to see where it took her.

@Ver

"You can say that again, Libra."

Echo Echo #1 finds himself in synch with the floor. From the perspective of most of the group, he was upside down. "So, what happens if I merge back with the others? Do I get into limbo?"

Echo Echoes #2 & #3 as we shall dub them entered Doors 2 & 3 respectively.

Dy9j7fC.jpg

Echo Echo #4, the one staying behind, has a little laugh at Echo Echo #1. "It's like looking into a mirror, a really specific kind of mirror."

"This is serious, pal," Echo Echo #1 replies, "we have enough jumping capabilities to touch each other and fuse back if we jump at the same time, but who knows what'll happen after that?"

"Maybe we'll gain flight?" Echo Echo #4 jokes.

VzH6ZlC.jpg

"That's what our ultimate is for. You know what, I'm not going to talk to you anymore, or else this'll be a long day."

"Wise choice," Echo Echo #4 adds, "don't want the others to think you're coocoo in the cranium for talking to yourself. See what I did there?"

"UUUUGGGHHH!"

@Ver @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Takumi @etcetcetc​

Last edited:
s4_PNf-_U2_TNCgnfw_C-h_IQk_Q.png

"Guess I'll take the second door too, see what happens. I suppose it's a good thing I can take a guess, since my magic can't make heads or tails of what's doing all this," Zatanna sighed, eyeing the doors as though their very existences perplexed her.

"Me too," Guts said, and with that, they also went through the second door.

Those who entered through the second door (Zatanna, Guts, Sumia, and Echo 2) would eventually find themselves coming out standing on the left wall, and likewise, those who went through the third door (Echo 3) came out standing on the right wall, while Constantine, Libra, and Echo 1 remained on the ground, having gone through the first door, though they were free to go through another door, as behind them stood another three doors, likely serving the same function as the ones before.

"Alright, I think the novelty of this has worn off," Zatanna pursed her lips, crossing her arms as she stood there, at a loss of what to do for a few seconds.

And then... It felt as though space shifted before the group's eyes.

As though moving on its own, the "ground" for everyone not standing on the left wall shifted positions, a loud mechanical rumbling being heard in the air as the ground moved... into a slightly diagonal plane, like it had shifted into a slant.

For all intents and purposes, it was as though the long room they stood in was like a giant rectangle, and its position shifted depending on which side had the most weight on it. The shift wasn't too drastic, since the majority of the group for the moment had remained on the "ceiling," but it was certainly noticeable, and it was just enough to...

Miki_131_copy.png

"W-What just happened?" Miki inquired fearfully, looking around for the input of others to see if they could make heads or tails of it themselves.

Well, one would just hope to connect the dots themselves.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Lucky @Jeremi @Kaykay @Otto @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Takumi @Everyone

O

"Guess I'll take the second door too, see what happens. I suppose it's a good thing I can take a guess, since my magic can't make heads or tails of what's doing all this," Zatanna sighed, eyeing the doors as though their very existences perplexed her.

Those who entered through the second door (Zatanna, Guts, Sumia, and Echo 2) would eventually find themselves coming out standing on the left wall, and likewise, those who went through the third door (Echo 3) came out standing on the right wall, while Constantine, Libra, and Echo 1 remained on the ground, having gone through the first door, though they were free to go through another door, as behind them stood another three doors, likely serving the same function as the ones before.

"Alright, I think the novelty of this has worn off," Zatanna pursed her lips, crossing her arms as she stood there, at a loss of what to do for a few seconds.

As though moving on its own, the "ground" for everyone not standing on the left wall shifted positions, a loud mechanical rumbling being heard in the air as the ground moved... into a slightly diagonal plane, like it had shifted into a slant.

For all intents and purposes, it was as though the long room they stood in was like a giant rectangle, and its position shifted depending on which side had the most weight on it. The shift wasn't too drastic, since the majority of the group for the moment had remained on the "ceiling," but it was certainly noticeable, and it was just enough to...

Miki_131_copy.png

"W-What just happened?" Miki inquired fearfully, looking around for the input of others to see if they could make heads or tails of it themselves.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Lucky @Jeremi @Kaykay @Otto @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Takumi @Everyone
"Well this is inconvenient..." Ciel muttered as he examined the doors. Having decided to wait on everyone to head through the doors, Ciel simply stayed put once he figured out the functions of each door.

"Sebastian, we shall both go through the first door." Ciel ordered, causing Sebastian to nod before doing just that.

@Ver @Crow @Yun Lee

Miki_131_copy.png

tiEKxZz.jpg

"AAAAAAHHHHHH!"

The four Echo Echoes looked at each other and exclaimed in unison. As of this instance, Ben Tennyson was synchronised to four different fields of gravity at the same time.

"Well Libra, you were right, it was pretty foolish. And I made my situation worse."

"We'll become one single Ben again eventually, we're only delaying the inevitable."

"Let's delay the inevitable then. Or better yet - use our current predicament to our advantage!"

"Guess we're not as foolish as we thought! We're geniuses, and we didn't even have to go Grey Matter!"

The only available option for these little silicon-based buggers was to move on.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Otto @Takumi @Kaykay @etcetcetc​

Miki_131_copy.png

tiEKxZz.jpg

"AAAAAAHHHHHH!"

The four Echo Echoes looked at each other and exclaimed in unison. As of this instance, Ben Tennyson was synchronised to four different fields of gravity at the same time.

"Well Libra, you were right, it was pretty foolish. And I made my situation worse."

"We'll become one single Ben again eventually, we're only delaying the inevitable."

"Let's delay the inevitable then. Or better yet - use our current predicament to our advantage!"

"Guess we're not as foolish as we thought! We're geniuses, and we didn't even have to go Grey Matter!"

The only available option for these little silicon-based buggers was to move on.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Otto @Takumi @Kaykay @etcetcetc​

"Hey, Ben, if you're able to multiply yourself, why don't you quit talking to yourself and make all four floors even in weight? I'd prefer not to ne stuck in this diagonal."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Lucky @Jeremi @Kaykay @Otto @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Takumi @Everyone

"Curious indeed." Grace said looking around as the room twisted and turned. "Obviously getting the pattern to some how fit is the key, though I do wonder if we will be able to gain an equal weight distribution on all sides."

"Hey don't look at me!" Morte replied. "I just float already so it's not like I'm gonna be much help!"

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Lucky @Jeremi @Kaykay @Otto @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Takumi @Everyone

"Hey, Ben, if you're able to multiply yourself, why don't you quit talking to yourself and make all four floors even in weight? I'd prefer not to ne stuck in this diagonal."

"Wouldn't it make more sense for people to enter the doors first before I- you know what? Let's see what happens if I do just that."

The Echo Echo on the floor, Echo Echo #1, multiplies until the weight on the ceiling was identical to that of the floor.

The Echo Echo on the right wall, Echo Echo #3, multiplies until the weight on the left and right walls was identical.

"Let's see what happens now."

"We'll equalize ourselves according to who comes through which door."

@Ver @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Raptor Jesus @Kaykay @Takumi @Otto @etcetcetc​

Last edited:
As Ciel and Sebastian went through the first door, ending up on the normal floor, and Ben multiplied to make sure each side was evenly distributed through weight, the position of the long room shifted once again, returning to a "normal" state once again, but then after that... Nothing else happened.

Pursing her lips with an inquisitive hum, Zatanna crossed her arms and tapped her foot against her ground (the left wall). Furrowing her brow, her expression shifted a bit, as though an idea popped into her head. With that, she idly hopped up and down in place. At least, "up and down" from her perspective. To someone on the normal floor, it was more like "right and left," but as seen with the doors, gravity seemed to be subjective at this current moment. "Hrm, just as I thought," Zatanna mumbled to herself, "When we were still moving, before we came to this room, we were already upside down, right? That path included leaping across some platforms, but it wasn't like we fell off and splatted into the ground below, right? So if the gravity that binds us down depends on what place we're standing on..." The raven-haired woman mused, walking in a small circle in order to establish that "up" and "down" from her position were viable directions -- scaling the walls a bit as she walked in such directions -- before stopping and placing a hand on her hip, "... then I don't think that it's that we need to evenly distribute the weight, but rather..."

"... If there's no easy way to reach the top of the castle when we're right side up or upside down, then we'll just have to scale the walls vertically, huh?"

"Yeah. And if the room shifts depending on the weight anyway, then we don't even need everyone to move through a certain door; maybe the weight -- and the gravity -- will shift so that everyone ends up on a wall so we can move up, like spiders. You guys follow me?"

"It's a little confusing, but... I think I get it," Miki nodded.

All that was left was to put such a thought into practice, right?

As Ciel and Sebastian went through the first door, ending up on the normal floor, and Ben multiplied to make sure each side was evenly distributed through weight, the position of the long room shifted once again, returning to a "normal" state once again, but then after that... Nothing else happened.

Pursing her lips with an inquisitive hum, Zatanna crossed her arms and tapped her foot against her ground (the left wall). Furrowing her brow, her expression shifted a bit, as though an idea popped into her head. With that, she idly hopped up and down in place. At least, "up and down" from her perspective. To someone on the normal floor, it was more like "right and left," but as seen with the doors, gravity seemed to be subjective at this current moment. "Hrm, just as I thought," Zatanna mumbled to herself, "When we were still moving, before we came to this room, we were already upside down, right? That path included leaping across some platforms, but it wasn't like we fell off and splatted into the ground below, right? So if the gravity that binds us down depends on what place we're standing on..." The raven-haired woman mused, walking in a small circle in order to establish that "up" and "down" from her position were viable directions -- scaling the walls a bit as she walked in such directions -- before stopping and placing a hand on her hip, "... then I don't think that it's that we need to evenly distribute the weight, but rather..."

"... If there's no easy way to reach the top of the castle when we're right side up or upside down, then we'll just have to scale the walls vertically, huh?"

"Yeah. And if the room shifts depending on the weight anyway, then we don't even need everyone to move through a certain door; maybe the weight -- and the gravity -- will shift so that everyone ends up on a wall so we can move up, like spiders. You guys follow me?"

"I suppose it's as worthy of a shot as any..." Ciel hummed aloud before heading back towards the doors, the time heading towards the second door. With the two now on the wall, Sebastian and Ciel would simply begin scaling it as Constantine ans Zatanna suggested.

@Ver

Last edited:

"That makes sense," Sera nodded. She went through the second door following Ciel, seeking to be able to scale the left wall. Somehow.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Lucky @Jeremi @Kaykay @Otto @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Ver @Takumi @Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back