Status
Not open for further replies.
[ Captain Titus Prologue ]
"The Dark Millennium"

It is the 41st Millennium.

View attachment 2564

For more than a hundred centuries The Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth.
He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies.
He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology.
He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.
Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will.
Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds.
Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors.
Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few.
But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants. . .

. . .and worse.

- - -

There is nothing colder than the void.

Emperor knows how many days have passed within the rusted corridors of this ancient vessel. Rust and filth paint the many scrambling hallways and tunnels reaching up and around every sanctum within the imperial ship. This had to the lowest deck on the vessel, reserved only for the Inquisition's involuntary guests should they find themselves worthy of even being interrogated at all, as opposed to just being given the Emperor's mercy in the form of a steaming bolt. No inquistor would be willing to own a voidship of his own and not express his vanity and power through excessive decoration and displays of wealth and status. Those bright inquisitorial sigils mark each of the airlock doors, the hollow skulls in the center of the large crimson "I" stare down the prisoner as they're forced to look straight ahead due to the neck braces.

Of course, this particular subject could disintegrate those braces just by thinking about it.

View attachment 2562

Titus sat in the wicked machination all alone, forcefully stripped from his power armor and left with nothing but his base undergarments. It was just as the stories and legends describe - the 7 foot rippling mass of bio-engineered muscle lay bare upon the braced interrogation seat, his obtuse implants made clear under the hazy green glow of the lights staring down from above. Titus stared ahead without any particular expression, glaring over at the door as it hissed open and a cloaked figure walked in, flanked on both sides by the noise of stomping power-boots and humming force glaives.

"I see that he is awake. Serf, did you not apply the proper dosage?"

A whirring noise resonated from the other side of a room as a hooded figure scuttled over, mechanical arms and implements creeping out of it's robe. "MY DEEPEST APOLOGIES, INQUISITOR. HE IS A SPACE MARINE. IT REQUIRES A SIGNIFICANT EFFORT TO PUT HIM UNDER--"

"Enough, then. Leave us be," the inquisitor ordered with a simple wave of his hand.

"YES, INQUISITOR." The serf bowed it's head with a whir, frantically gathering it's data-slate and sacred unguents before scuttling out of the room. The two Grey Knights glared with silent contempt as the scrawny adept fled the scene. The inquisitor placed his hands behind his back, stepping forward and observing the bare captain as if he was a captured test subject. "You are a resilient one, space marine. Resisting the best medicae upon my vessel, the will of the Inquisition itself, as well as the very touch of . . .corruption. The former, I can only attribute to pure tenacity. . .but the latter, I'm afraid, I cannot tolerate."

View attachment 2563

"Inquisitor."

The man shot daggers at Titus, as if he was ready to shoot the marine then and there for interrupting him. The inquisitor gave a coy smile, "What. What is it you could possibly want now?"

"I am far too ancient and experienced to not know how your organization functions by now. You would've executed me on the landing pad of Graia had you wanted me dead."

"Bargaining for life? This doesn't seem like the conduct of the Emperor's angel of deat--"

"I'm not bargaining for my life. I'm telling you this:"

"You've blindly fallen to the accusations of a misguided novice. You've threatened to destroy every Ultramarine under my command because of it, as well as my comrades in the Imperial Guard who fought at my side during the invasion of Graia. The Inquisition didn't seem to have any indication of Inquisitor Drogan being a traitor - the daemon himself declared that man was his puppet long before the Orks had even touched the planet. Many citizens, guardsmen and battle-brothers may have fallen during the Chaos incursion upon that world following Drogan's plan. It is a weight upon my shoulders, but it should be upon you and your kind's shoulders as well."

"You've done so much to bring dishonor on my name, my brother's name, and my chapter."

"I don't expect you to understand, so I ask you as a man - not as a captain, or an Ultramarine, or even a space marine, because this appears to be the only way you'd have a chance of understanding."

View attachment 2560

"Do not lie to me or waste my time here. Have some honor and dignity for once, if that is even possible for you and your ilk."

Titus spoke with an authority and aloofness that left even the snobbish rats of the Inquisition speechless. That is, of course, because he simply has nothing left to lose but his own life in the Emperor's name. Although his kind is engineered to have perfect memory and cognitive function upon the fields of battle, the captain chooses to blot out the earliest days of his service as an Ultramarine - as an angel of death. To him, his service to the Emperor could only be accurate chronicled beginning at the moment he was named Captain of the Ultramarines 2nd Company, because before that point he had no glory to his name. He was another warrior on the field, first a scout and then a stout battle-brother. In a way, the chapter's strict adherence of the Codex Astartes helped to further leave Titus feeling like he and battle-brothers weren't. . .human.

That is a heretical thought. Possibly. Most definitely. But it is the truth.

When the helmet went on, Titus was simply a vessel to be directed by his superiors. There was no personal achievement to be had at the end of a hard-fought war. No glory in the name of the Emperor, simply another victory for the Imperium. Sidonus seemed to alleviate this feeling of hollowness - he was loud and boisterous, a well of infinite wisdom and morale for the 2nd Company. He wasn't as enamored with the Codex as some of his fellow brothers, but his service on the fields of battle did more than just compensate. He was an icon for Titus when he was but an initiate.

It would be no truth if Titus said he wasn't still subtly mourning him. A space marine knows no weakness as he knows no fear - for his only thoughts should be that of service to the Emperor and endless hatred and rage for the enemies of the Imperium.

The enemies of the Imperium.

Who is the true enemy, really?

Titus was left staring off into space for a few moments, before the grumbling voice of the Inquisitor continued. "Our time together will be short, space marine. I do not intend to kill you just yet, for the Emperor still requires your body. Your resistance to the touch of Chaos is an untapped source of potential, and I. . .do not spoil my resources. Time is one of those resources, and I'm not willing to call upon the next Psyker I see to test your mind for the taint of heresy. The Inquisition is to assume that with your direct contact with the daemon of Graia, you've already been lost. We'll have to find a blank slate with you, it seems - a wipe of your loyalties and consciousness."

"A sacrifice. . .I am willing to make."

The tranquil rage boiling within the space marine seemed to reach a peak as he saw the future. The solid restraints about his arms began to strain under the force of his muscle. "You wish to turn me into your puppet, Inquisitor? Just like them? A hollow man?" Titus glared at the Grey Knights. The two of them did not react, staring ahead at nothing.

Like machines.

The Inquisitor laughed in the face of the space marine, turning to the doorway. "Loyalty and honor are. . .fragile things, Captain. You should've focused on what was concrete - what was in front of you."

"Perhaps Sidonus would still be alive."

". . .Inquisitor."

The inquisitor turned, opening the door. "I am done with you, space marine--"

"No, inquisitor, look--"

"What? What could you possibly. . ."

"INQUISITOR, LOOK OUT!"

SHHHWING!

Titus burst from the restraints as if they were nothing, scrambling to his feet and rushing forward to seemingly tackle the man. In response, the two Grey Knights swung their glaives in a swift downward motion, intending to bisect Titus as he attempted to grab hold of the old man. Though neither could do so, as found themselves clutching as the steaming blade gouging out from their throats.

View attachment 2559

"HSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

The pair of Bloodletters swung their blades to the side, swiftly decapitating the daemonhunters before they could even react. A twin geyser of bright-red blood spurt from the gurgling stumps left in their place as the pair of power-armored bodies slumped to the ground like bags of rocks. A third Bloodletter wrestled Titus against the wall, the accursed daemon whipping it's forked tounge madly and snarling at the scent of sweet blood. The captain made an effort to block the daemon's advance towards the Inquisitor, who scrambled back after nearly tripping on the decapitated heads of his guards. Behind them all, a twisting maelstrom of chaotic energy occupied the hallway - a gateway to the Warp. A torrent of roars and screams echoed from the portal, as Titus could sense another wave of daemons about to burst through the gateway. With no time left to spare, the captain effortlessly clutched the Bloodletter by it's veiny throat and smashed it's head against the steel wall, crushing it's skull like a walnut and sending it's vanishing body hurling towards the other two daemons.

Titus beheld the gateway for a few moments. There was no other way to block the advance of the coming daemons. They would flood the entire ship otherwise, sending every soul on the ship to their doom.

View attachment 2565

"Begone."

The space marine let the Emperor's will take over his body. He ran forth into the screaming maelstrom, diving in to take any of the heretical bastards with him.

Ears ringing.

Everything was white.​

"Hi!" Kirby replied, waving an arm.​

Kirby did his best to tell Grif and Sarge his name. In a high pitched voice, with little clarity, he said, "Kābī!"

"WAAAAAH! AHHH AHHH AHHH!"

Kirby began crying out, wriggling his tiny body in an effort to break free.​

The moment Kirby broke free from Starscream's grasp, he hurried as fas as he could to dash next to Samus. He tried to get her attention with words that were closer to incoherent babbling while pointing at the menacing robot.

After that, he turned towards Starscream and gave his best, fiercest glare.

220px-Karbox.jpg

@Archmage Jeremiah @Siege @Crow
“Kabi? What’re you, some type of alien or something?” Sarge asked the creature. Though, names didn’t matter. This thing reminded him of both Donut and Lopez, in a way.

“Hey Kerbobble, how would you like to join Red Team?” Sarge asked the creature, earning a groan from Grif who, despite being on a smoke break, wasn’t a fan of the idea.

“Really Sarge? You want that thing on our team?”

“Of course! He can be like our mascot! Or our pet!”

“The last time we got a pet, Donut ran over it with the Warthog by accident, and then he made us sit through a funeral service for it with a three hour eulogy.”

“Yeah, but this time it’s different. I can feel it in my veins!”

“Uh huh, yeah. This plan is definitely gonna backfire like, super hard.” And with that, Grif took his place alongside Sheila once more.

@Alex Azure @Archmage Jeremiah @Siege @Crow @People​

The boy that Sarge had been speaking to had fallen back, out of notice from most of the group. He still held his right hand behind him as he took in the other strange beings coming in around him. His eyes were wide with fear... or was it wonder? He seemed inclined to move out and speak, but the bickering caused him to flee behind one of the shuttles, out of sight again for the time being.

@Raptor Jesus
"Well, yes, actually! In this case, we're singers. It's a nice life, though the most famous of us all went missing a while ago. Four months ago, to be exact." This didn't happen to Miku too, did it? He wasn't sure. Honestly, he theorized that she ran away to be with some human lover of hers. Miku did sing a lot of love songs, after all. But Gumi never knew of any relationships Miku had, so he wasn't sure.

Gakupo's eyes widened as he saw the pendant, taking in Emily's story. How beautiful that stone was! "Fascinating...but, Emily, if I may ask...you're not, you know, acting, are you? This is all real? Please be honest with me. I won't tell anyone." Her story sounded like some young adult novel that the West adored. And if it was true...what did that mean for them?

@York
Emily Hayes
@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight (Sorta)

Emily locked eyes with the boy that had been speaking to one of the rowdy... Armored men, who were armed with somewhat modern looking weapons. Noticing his apprehension due to all the bickering going on around him, discouraging him from speaking, she ended up giving him a sympathetic, quiet nod. As if respecting his need to... Keep to himself for the most part.

Though, if he were ever to brave revealing himself again, she would be happy to chat with him as well.

Regardless, for now, her attention returned to Gakupo, who seemed enthralled by her stone... Which she wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing, considering the strings attached to being a stone keeper and all. Regardless, she decided to be honest with Gakupo in regards to the nature of the stone.

uF82G8j.png

"It's real." She said, with a wry smile.

There was a brief pause, as she palmed her walking stick for a few moments, before she continued.

"Do you want me to demonstrate?" She asked, a little tentatively.

Of course, it would be optimal if she didn't use the stone's powers at all, but she had to at least be familiar with how much she could use, in the case of an emergency... Without invoking the presense of its voice somehow.​

“Kabi? What’re you, some type of alien or something?” Sarge asked the creature. Though, names didn’t matter. This thing reminded him of both Donut and Lopez, in a way.

“Hey Kerbobble, how would you like to join Red Team?” Sarge asked the creature, earning a groan from Grif who, despite being on a smoke break, wasn’t a fan of the idea.

“Really Sarge? You want that thing on our team?”

“Of course! He can be like our mascot! Or our pet!”

“The last time we got a pet, Donut ran over it with the Warthog by accident, and then he made us sit through a funeral service for it with a three hour eulogy.”

“Yeah, but this time it’s different. I can feel it in my veins!”

“Uh huh, yeah. This plan is definitely gonna backfire like, super hard.” And with that, Grif took his place alongside Sheila once more.

@Alex Azure @Archmage Jeremiah @Siege @Crow @People​

Now this next comment from Krystal may shock Sarge, as a supposed "Blue Team" member was going to agree with him.

"Kirby ain't a pushover. He may be cute but he's got power. Did I mention he can eat things larger than himself? And then gain the powers of whatever he ate?" Krystal said to Grif.

@Raptor Jesus

The boy over in his little corner got a glance from Gakupo when Emily looked at him. "Should we invite him over? He seems to keep to himself..." He wasn't sure what to really do, since those armored goons would make even Gakupo misanthropic if he was treated like that guy was.

But his mind was immediately pulled away as she offered to demonstrate. Well...if he saw, then he would know something was up. Gakupo nodded, both excited and a little nervous. "Yes. Show me what you've got."

@York @Atomic Knight

Viktor and Blitzcrank
@Yun Lee @Crow @anyone​

YxqV1fn.png

Blitzcrank stared at Starscream. Whirring and clicking could be heard from his head. Suddenly, the automaton responded in confusion. "HELLO. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE TERMS 'CYBERTRONIAN', 'AUTOBOT', AND 'DECEPTICON'. PLEASE ELABORATE."

Meanwhile, Viktor, who was across the room, saw that Blitzcrank was also in the same predicament he was. This was interesting, but what was more interesting was Starscream. The design and intelligence of the robot was stunning. Such technology was years ahead of Zaun. Who could have created such a magnificent being?

zYKh6WH.jpg

He walked over and replied to Starscream's realization that Blitzcrank is an invention. "Correct. I am Viktor, the creator of this brilliant machine. I call him Blitzcrank, " Viktor said, clearly proud of being able to show off his work. Memories of Professsor Stanick stealing the credit for his invention came back for a brief moments, but he brushed it off. Crying over spilled milk was such a human thing to do.

Viktor suddenly noticed something. Starscream had referred to Blitzcrank as an 'invention' in contrast to a Cybertronian. "Hmm, are these Cybertronians, Autobots, and Decepticons you speak of not inventions?"

Viktor was astonished. "A lifelike android...?" This place was certainly strange. Almost everything around him seemed like the creation of a genius. And it was wonderful. He approached Gumi and asked, "Do you, by chance, know how you were built? Or the name of your creator?"

Viktor closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Although Gumi was a fascinating creation in terms of technological advancement, he could not agree with what the creator had in mind...​
Chibi-Robo had never seen this robot before and had no idea what he was talking about. All he could do was just stare in confusion.

@Crow

"The pesky Autobots and the glorious Decepticons such as myself... we are warring factions of the Cybertronian Race. Many things about the Cybertronian Race is best kept under wraps until the time arises, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to show you what we Cybertronians are best known for, and the trait that distinguishes us from many."

vFh8L6V.gif

Starscream's body began to shift about, metal folding and arms tucked, with his head out of sight. In a matter of seconds, what appeared to be a fighter jet was found on the floor.

"Well then, my Minicon," the jet plane spoke to Chibi-Robo once more, "how would you like to join forces with me?"

@Otto @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @ThatAverageGuy

"Hi!" Kirby replied, waving an arm.​

Kirby did his best to tell Grif and Sarge his name. In a high pitched voice, with little clarity, he said, "Kābī!"

"WAAAAAH! AHHH AHHH AHHH!"

Kirby began crying out, wriggling his tiny body in an effort to break free.​

The moment Kirby broke free from Starscream's grasp, he hurried as fas as he could to dash next to Samus. He tried to get her attention with words that were closer to incoherent babbling while pointing at the menacing robot.

After that, he turned towards Starscream and gave his best, fiercest glare.

220px-Karbox.jpg

@Archmage Jeremiah @Siege @Crow
Now this next comment from Krystal may shock Sarge, as a supposed "Blue Team" member was going to agree with him.

"Kirby ain't a pushover. He may be cute but he's got power. Did I mention he can eat things larger than himself? And then gain the powers of whatever he ate?" Krystal said to Grif.

@Raptor Jesus

B8piRk2.jpg

"Ahahaha!" Starscream laughs. "what an adorable little organic, helplessly standing by his heavily armed human friend, fully aware that he is completely helpless against anything and everything in this room!"

He heard Krystal's explanation, before backing a very unnoticeable half-centimetre away via his wheels.

@Alex Azure @Siege @Archmage Jeremiah

Peter Quill

" America? I'm from Missouri. I'm Star-Lord back from where I am from. " Well, okay, that was a little lie. He was the only one who referred to himself as that. He got looks from everyone when he said it. He lowered his helmet.

" Okay, this may be a dumb question... but what even is a Kirby?" He asked. " Also, you mentioned that you were from Japan. Is Footloose still the best movie ever around that it even spread there?" He added as a second question.

@Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Anyone

Peter Quill

" America? I'm from Missouri if that is what you are asking. I'm Star-Lord back from where I am from. " Well, okay, that was a little lie. He was the only one who referred to himself as that. He got looks from everyone when he said it. He lowered his helmet.

" Okay, this may be a dumb question... but what even is a Kirby?" He asked. " Also, you mentioned that you were from Japan. Is Footloose still the best movie ever around that it even spread there?" He added as a second question.

Krystal cleared her throat for Peter and pointed to the little ball of pink cuteness at her feet. "This is."

@Lucky

"Star-Lord! Ohmygosh, why didn't you say so?! I couldn't even recognize you...and Kirby is a character from, well, Kirby. A game that came out after you uh, left Earth." Gumi nudged him with her elbow and winked. "And Footloose? I've heard of that one! The old 80s American movie, right-"

Hold on. Autobots? Decepticons? Then that meant...

"YOU'RE A TRANSFORMER!!!!!!" Gumi cheered wildly as Starscream transformed, absolutely ecstatic. "YOOOOOOOO!!! BEST! CON! EVER!!!"

@Lucky @Crow

"She's an android," Gakupo replied, not looking at Starscream at first as he spoke. "Built lifelike enough tho-oh..." The giant mecha was talking to him. Why not. Today was messed up enough as it was.

"Woah! You're HUGE!" Gumi had now set her sights on Starscream. "Are you a mecha? What anime are you from? I don't recognize you're design..." She gasped. "Oh my gosh! You must be from something upcoming! How cool! What's it called? What's your name? Who's your VA?"

Gakupo meanwhile noticed the beautiful woman in the bee suit. She was gorgeous, but that voice...well, we can't all be perfect. "Want to join Emily and I over here, miss? I think I've found a nice quiet spot away from the rest of the louder folks." Maybe he could get that cute blonde over here, too...you know, this might not be as bad a situation as previously thought.

@Crow @Josh @York

Agreeing , the doctor lit her cigarette and stewed in her own annoyance of all of these events. Looking at the nearby, Shelia tossed burnt cigarette butt into the ground, crushing it with her heel.

"What's your two deals? Wait, let me guess, go-go dancer?"

@Yun Lee

Gakupo laughed. "No, actually. Idol singer based on the Edo period. And let me guess...you're a superhero?" If there was a robot that could become a plane and a girl with a magic pendant, anything was possible.

@Josh @York

@Raptor Jesus
Peter Quill

" America? I'm from Missouri if that is what you are asking. I'm Star-Lord back from where I am from. " Well, okay, that was a little lie. He was the only one who referred to himself as that. He got looks from everyone when he said it. He lowered his helmet.

“Whatever it is, I got dibs on keeping it when we get outta here!” Sarge exclaimed, clearly enthralled by Krystal’s explanation of the pink puffball.

“America?” Grif spoke up after hearing the man who apparently called himself “Star-Lord” mention it to someone. “Hate to break it to ya, but America was almost entirely wiped out by the Covenant Armada back in the Great War. And the best movie ever is Planet of the Apes, hands down.

Oh, and Star-Lord is kind of a lame codename, if we’re being completely honest here.”

@Lucky @Alex Azure @Siege @Crow @York @Archmage Jeremiah @Josh

"The pesky Autobots and the glorious Decepticons such as myself... we are warring factions of the Cybertronian Race. Many things about the Cybertronian Race is best kept under wraps until the time arises, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to show you what we Cybertronians are best known for, and the trait that distinguishes us from many."

vFh8L6V.gif

Starscream's body began to shift about, metal folding and arms tucked, with his head out of sight. In a matter of seconds, what appeared to be a fighter jet was found on the floor.

"Well then, my Minicon," the jet plane spoke to Chibi-Robo once more, "how would you like to join forces with me?"

@Otto @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @ThatAverageGuy

B8piRk2.jpg

"Ahahaha!" Starscream laughs. "what an adorable little organic, helplessly standing by his heavily armed human friend, fully aware that he is completely helpless against anything and everything in this room!"

He heard Krystal's explanation, before backing a very unnoticeable half-centimetre away via his wheels.

@Alex Azure @Siege @Archmage Jeremiah
Even though he couldn't express it, Chibi-Robo was amazed something like that was possible.

To answer Starscream's question a hatch quickly opened on the top of Chibi-Robo's head and a tiny sign with an "!" came out.

"!"

Chibi-adobo suddenly came to the realization that he was running out of battery. He quickly picked up his core and frantically looked for some way to charge.

Chibi-Robo_%28Chibi-Robo!_Photo_Finder%29.png

@Crow

@whoever

THUNK

Oof, what the fuck.

Within the large empty room from which everyone seemed to have awoken in, a loud noise of heavy metal hitting the ground filled the room as a massive man outfitted in some kind of ornate, ultramarine (the color!) armor slumped over from his position against the wall. His eyes twitched, as if they so desperately wanted to open. Steam rose from his body, as if he just leapt through a fire. Fresh, foul-smelling blood was stained on his gauntlet. However, the giant seemed knocked out cold.

Should someone get him up? He looks very heavy.

@Crow @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Ver @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Raptor Jesus @ThatAverageGuy @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @ANYBODY EVERYBODY HUNNA HUNNA WOOBA​

"Woah!" Aaaand Gumi's attention was taken away yet again. This was peobably going to be a recurring problem. She ran to the Space Marine, gasping.

"Oh no! This guy made his cosplay out of real metal!!! Impressive, yeah, but dude, that's dangerous!! DOES ANYONE HAVE WATER??? WE NEED WATER!!!!!"

@Crunch @Lucky

THUNK

Oof, what the fuck.

Within the large empty room from which everyone seemed to have awoken in, a loud noise of heavy metal hitting the ground filled the room as a massive man outfitted in some kind of ornate, ultramarine (the color!) armor slumped over from his position against the wall. His eyes twitched, as if they so desperately wanted to open. Steam rose from his body, as if he just leapt through a fire. Fresh, foul-smelling blood was stained on his gauntlet. However, the giant seemed knocked out cold.

@Crow @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Ver @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Raptor Jesus @ThatAverageGuy @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @ANYBODY EVERYBODY HUNNA HUNNA WOOBA​
The man sadly managed to fall next to Grif, who was quite annoyed by this man.

See, all Grif wanted to do was sleep on the job, but he couldn’t because of all this shit! And here was this asshole sleeping over here like there was no tomorrow!

latest

“Fuck. That.”

Well, if Grif couldn’t do it, he’d ruin it for everybody.

Grif quickly knelt down next to him, rose his right hand, and slapped the man back and forth until he woke up.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

The boy over in his little corner got a glance from Gakupo when Emily looked at him. "Should we invite him over? He seems to keep to himself..." He wasn't sure what to really do, since those armored goons would make even Gakupo misanthropic if he was treated like that guy was.

But his mind was immediately pulled away as she offered to demonstrate. Well...if he saw, then he would know something was up. Gakupo nodded, both excited and a little nervous. "Yes. Show me what you've got."

@York @Atomic Knight
Agreeing , the doctor lit her cigarette and stewed in her own annoyance of all of these events. Looking at the nearby, Shelia tossed burnt cigarette butt into the ground, crushing it with her heel.

"What's your two deals? Wait, let me guess, go-go dancer?"

@Yun Lee
Gakupo laughed. "No, actually. Idol singer based on the Edo period. And let me guess...you're a superhero?" If there was a robot that could become a plane and a girl with a magic pendant, anything was possible.

@Josh @York
THUNK

Oof, what the fuck.

Emily Hayes
@Yun Lee @Josh @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Others(?)

Emily nodded, seeming to go silent for a bit as she concentrated. Her stone began to shine a bright pink, as opposed to the dull violet hue it once had... And her irises seemed to reflect that same glow for the moment... The light then coursed around her walking stick... Forming tendrils as it wrapped itself around it, until the stick too, was glowing.

2QjzN9f.png

"The stick just helps me focus my powers... I can... Do more with it, but... It tires me out." She said, eyeing the stone quietly.

There was most definitely a little more to it than that, but she didn't seem to be keen on discussing it any further... Regardless, it looked like she had a pretty good grasp on how to use them, but... Wasn't too intent on using her powers any more than neccessary. With a small sigh, she caused the light to dissipate completely, which in turn, caused her amulet to stop levitating... Returning to its resting place, hanging around her neck.

She also noticed that someone clad in heavy armor appeared to have fallen into the scene, unconscious and perhaps in need of help. Although she was tempted to do so, Gumi and a few others seemed to have beaten her to the spot, so for now all she could really do was observe from the corner of her eye, incase things went south.​

Emily Hayes
@Yun Lee @Josh @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Others(?)

Emily nodded, seeming to go silent for a bit as she concentrated. Her stone began to shine a bright pink, as opposed to the dull violet hue it once had... And her irises seemed to reflect that same glow for the moment... The light then coursed around her walking stick... Forming tendrils as it wrapped itself around it, until the stick too, was glowing.

2QjzN9f.png

"The stick just helps me focus my powers... I can... Do more with it, but... It tires me out." She said, eyeing the stone quietly.

There was most definitely a little more to it than that, but she didn't seem to be keen on discussing it any further... Regardless, it looked like she had a pretty good grasp on how to use them, but... Wasn't too intent on using her powers any more than neccessary. With a small sigh, she caused the light to dissipate completely, which in turn, caused her amulet to stop levitating... Returning to its resting place, hanging around her neck.

She also noticed that someone clad in heavy armor appeared to have fallen into the scene, unconscious and perhaps in need of help. Although she was tempted to do so, Gumi and a few others seemed to have beaten her to the spot, so for now all she could really do was observe from the corner of her eye, incase things went south.​
“Wowzers!” Sarge exclaimed upon witnessing Emily’s powers from across the room. “Where’d you learn how to do that? They didn’t teach us how to do fancy witchcraft like that back in basic training, I’ll tell ya that.” Sarge said, clearly impressed by Emily’s abilities.

@York

So it was real magic...that meant that what Emily was saying was true. But if so, how? Magical stones in some unheard of world...it didn't make sense? But dwelling on it would just cause Gakupo to force shutdown to process it all. He remembered that one Korean Vocaloid did that a lot...what was her name again?

"Impressive," he said instead, smiling at Emily. "If it tires you, definitely don't do it anymore. I'm convinced."

@York @Josh

Having exchanged glances with one of the girls despite his best efforts, the boy who had been talking to Sarge earlier seemed to consider his position. The trio seemed intent on leaving him alone, but he took a hesitant step their way anyway. He paused for a moment, still concealing his right hand when Emily began to make a display of her power. The boy's mouth parted slightly in surprise, and it seemed the moment was enough to convince him to come out of his corner.

"How..." He cleared his throat. "Where did you learn to do that? What can you do with it?" His focus was largely on Emily, but he stole a curious glance or two toward Gakupo, though he did not seem to care for Sheila much at all.

@York @Yun Lee @Josh @Raptor Jesus

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back