Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Quill/ Star-Lord

Peter looked over at Nathan and saw that he didn't handle the turbulence well. Quill having been in more than his far share of turbulence. " The first time always suck. Probably puked out my guts having never dealt with. It gets easier the more we jump around. Do you need anything? I'm right here if you do," he said to Nathan.

@Space_Candy
“I need some pizza!” Grif called out, assuming that Peter was like just the hand-out guy.

@Lucky

Peter Quill/ Star-Lord

Peter sighed and threw a pizza flavored twinkie at him. Where he had gotten one of those from was as much as mystery. " Sorry, I only got the pizza-flavored twinkie."

@Raptor Jesus @Space_Candy
“That sounds disgusting yet... oddly delicious at the same time.” Grif said as he unwrapped the Twinkie and ate it. After taking a bite, Grif’s eyes widened from behind his helmet.

“Holy fuck this is the single greatest thing that’s ever been invented.” Griffin said before literally devouring the rest in one bite. After doing so, Grif looked back up to Peter.

“Do you have more?! Please tell me you have more!!!”

@Lucky

Nathan looked up at Quill, nodding at him. He realised he was shaking, his body trembling most likely from the shock. He closed his eyes and exhaled deeply, trying to shake off how he felt, hearing Elliot's faint statement of their destruction unnerved him as well, but wasn't like Nathan was perfectly sound either. He put his forehead to his knees, curling into his body more. This was beginning to feel more and more like a nightmare.

@Lucky @Atomic Knight @Anyone

Peter Quill/Star-Lord

" I can try to find some more,"
he mumbled trying to make his energy power work. Instead as he expected, he made a box of pizza twinkies. Yes, tricking his mind worked to his advantage. Take that powers. " I found some more," he said, throwing the box to Grif, and offering a comforting hand to Nathan.

@Space_Candy @Raptor Jesus

As Vert approached and showed him how to use the omni-tool, Sarge only watched and nodded at her in return when she finished her demonstration.

“Why thank you! That’s uh... very nice of you, I guess.” Sarge said a bit awkwardly, though he seemed to perk up at the sound of a manual. “Manual? I don’t have time to read a manual! We’re in the middle of a war!”

“Yeah, because you really fancy yourself a reader the other ninety-nine percent of the time.” Grif replied in an extremely sarcastic tone.

“Can it, fatass! You’d just eat the book if you got your hands on one!”

“Hey, that was one time and Simmons told me that the book was a giant waffle that had been cooked too long. It didn’t help that it looked like a giant waffle either. And, I was really hungry.”

"Hmhm. It'll certainly take some time to master the Omni-tool then if you're not keen on reading~ I'll certainly be taking this tool and making some... adjustments, so that my nation will prosper from new technology."

@Raptor Jesus

Peter Quill/Star-Lord

" I can try to find some more,"
he mumbled trying to make his energy power work. Instead as he expected, he made a box of pizza twinkies. Yes, tricking his mind worked to his advantage. Take that powers. " I found some more," he said, throwing the box to Grif, and offering a comforting hand to Nathan.

@Space_Candy @Raptor Jesus
“Holy shit!! You’re fucking awesome dude!” Grif exclaimed as he caught the box and ran off to go eat all of them, not even questioning where they came from as he ran off.

@Lucky

Continued from here.

Chapter Four
"Into the Deep"

Eventually, the robotic female voice of EDI echoed throughout the Normandy, asking for the guests on board to report back to the War Room. Lieutenant Adams gave those who helped him in the Cargo Bay the promised omni-tools while Doctor Chakwas discharged those that had come to see her. Once everyone was gathered, Burnham once again explained the coming plan of action.

"At first, we were curious to imagine what effects there would be on the spore drive within a universe where, as far as we could tell, the mycelial network it runs on did not exist." She gestured largely to Stamets and herself. "We believed ourselves to be, so to speak, 'off the rails' when our anomaly first occurred, does everyone remember? We thought we had hit a dead end to the network and that reversing our coordinates would take us backward on the network. However, if we perhaps were in a space where the mycelial network did not exist, it would have been the same situation as before."

"That we are reaching these spaces suggests that the spore drive can deliver us outside the network," Stamets said next, sounding a little excited about the whole thing. "We observed that both the Discovery and Enterprise experienced some level of time displacement, as the internal data on both suggests that different amounts of time have passed for each ship. While I can't at this time speak for how time is possibly affected when jumping between universes, I do not believe it impossible to say the spore drive has the potential to manipulate our moment in time."

"We've measured these disparities in time and have determined a set of coordinates by extrapolating from the data. If we put these into the spore drive, we should be able to reverse our jump out of this universe, but our plan is not to once again go blindly into the unknown. This time, we will go back to that space between dimension and spend some time studying it. We believe that it may, essentially, be a space connected to many different universes. Only by studying it may we get to a place where we may be able to send each of you home to your respective universes."

With that out of the way, Shepard let out a long sigh. She evidently had been the least helpful in the room during this discussion. "The Normandy will see your ships on their way before we go back to our duty. It is my genuine hope that you all make it back home."

The Discovery got to work beaming back everyone from the Normandy. Stamets and Burnham were back first, getting to work quickly on applying their findings while all of the Discovery's guests were given passage to the Bridge. Most of the next thirty minutes passed without much happening, and soon it was time to depart.

However, as the Discovery made its final preparations to jump, a very odd thing occurred. Everyone got to watch as giant, alien-like structures jumped into view to tower over the Discovery, the Enterprise, and the Normandy.

y0GaarL.png

Kirk's eyes widened, opening a comm channel over to the Discovery, looking intently at the strange structures. "Mister Saru... I think we have a... small problem here."

"What's going on? Wha--" Saru began to question, before laying his eyes on the alien-like structures himself, his mouth almost threatening to drop in shock, "What... What are those?"

Commander Shepard's voice came in, managing an audio feed but her technology not compatible with a video one. Her voice was distant and afraid, two words that few who met her would normally describe the way she talked.

FTYKnmW.png

"Those are... the Reapers."

One of the enemy ships closest to them glowed for a moment and conjured a giant red beam of energy that shot toward the three ships. Saru cried out for evasive maneuvers, but it was the Enterprise that was hit. The beam effortlessly cut through the ship's shield and destroyed a portion of the ship.

"Spock!" Kirk cried out, attempting to contact the Enterprise now, "Respond immediately! What's your status?!"

tumblr_inline_ngqq8gb_HRk1sk47ji.jpg

"The Enterprise has sustained heavy damage, Captain! Minimal casualties reported, but it is clear that these entities possess firepower well above what Starfleet ships are capable of," Spock reported back from on the Enterprise, having assumed command as the First Officer. "The most logical course of action is to make a retreat any way we can."

Elliot's mouth went wide at the raw destructive power. He took a few curious steps closer to the bridge view, eyes examining these Reapers in wonder. "The power these things must wield is unbelievable..."

eix9ZBW.png

"That was just one attack," Burnham said, eyes wide with fear and shock. "We have to go... We have to go now!" She started tapping quickly at her console. "Burnham to Engineering. We have to jump immediately!"

On the Normandy, Shepard watched the scene with horror from a vid display. It seemed they had waited too long helping these two ships from other dimensions and were now facing down an armada of Reapers.

One Reaper spoke, its voice so infinitely loud and booming, that it could be heard by all three ships. "I am Harbinger," it said. "Your destruction, and salvation, are at hand."

These Reapers were on their way to Earth, as far as Shepard could tell. That Harbinger and a group of Reapers ran into them here had to have been an incredible stroke of bad luck. Bad luck that would cost them their lives.

"EDI, can we jump to FTL travel immediately? Can we escape them?"

"Negative, Commander," EDI said over the ship's communication. "The chances of us escaping via FTL are far too low. Commander, we are simply out of time."

Shepard knew there was only one choice. "EDI, tell everyone to hold on!"

The Discovery shook violently as another Reaper blast brushed against the ship. "We're ready to go!" Stamets announced.

Burnham was about to give the order to go when Shepard's voice came in. "The Normandy is coming with you. If we stay, we die." A few seconds followed where the Normandy traveled into the hangar bay of the Enterprise, and Shepard said, "We're in."

"Go!" Burnham yelled, staring down a beam of red light.

The jump was rough, both ships experiencing massive turbulence in the seconds that followed. On the Normandy, a strange box phased inside the cargo bay; a souvenir of the rapid trip between dimensions. When it was all over, the three ships were left with nothing but silence.

From the Discovery's bridge, nothing could be seen outside the view screen. "We're back where we started," Burnham announced. She let out a shaky breath and brought one hand to her forehead. "Everyone, please sit tight while we assess the damages."

Elliot grunted as he got to his feet, having fallen over in the chaos. He let out a quiet laugh. "Never have I seen something more beautiful," he muttered to himself.

@ThatAverageGuy as Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!)
@Jeremi as Darth Vader (Star Wars)
@Josh as Doctor Mrs. The Monarch (The Venture Brothers)
@York as Emily Hayes (Amulet)
@Gummi Bunnies as Flower (Vocaloid)
@Yun Lee as Gumi Megpoid and Gakupo Kamui (Vocaloid)
@Alex Azure as Kirby (Kirby)
@Siege as Krystal (Star Fox)
@dark as Maya Visari (Killzone)
@Donder172 as Meceliss and Mizelia (Star Wars OC)
@Takumi as Meiji Gahata and Stardust (Vocaloid)
@Kaykay as Misogi Kumagawa (Medaka Box)
@Space_Candy as Nathan Prescott (Life Is Strange)
@Lucky as Peter Quill (Marvel Comics)
@MelodyMeister as Rin Kagamine (Vocaloid)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Samus Aran (Metroid)
@Raptor Jesus as Sarge and Grif (Red vs. Blue)
@Crow as Starscream (Transformers)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Titus (Warhammer 40,000)
@Raynar Saassin as Vert (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
@Otto as Viktor and Blitzcrank (League of Legends)
@Minerva as Zero Two (Darling in the Franxx)​

Vader had not given any reaction when the Reapers had attacked but inside even he had been impressed with their devastating power. As they made their escape he calmly stood his ground even in the turbulence. As it subsided he looked around the room. Yet another jump possibly even further back from his universe then before. This was starting to become a farce. As everyone tried to get their barrings again Vader made his way out of the War room. His destination unknown.

Zero Two was in the ship’s bathroom, one of them, anyway. She was staring at the mirror, analyzing every inch of her face. She opened her mouth and looked at her canines, which had started to grow.

image.png

She closed her mouth and stared at her reflection for a minute. Then, anyone passing by would hear a shattering of glass. Zero Two had shattered the mirrors.

She quietly walked out of the room, holding her head down. Several drops of blood fell from her fist to the floor.

@anyone

As Zero Two stepped out of the bathroom she almost walked into Vader who had left the war room and was just walking the ship.

ZKIOFdP.png

"Careful where you tread, girl."

@Minerva

Continued from here.

Chapter Four
"Into the Deep"

Eventually, the robotic female voice of EDI echoed throughout the Normandy, asking for the guests on board to report back to the War Room. Lieutenant Adams gave those who helped him in the Cargo Bay the promised omni-tools while Doctor Chakwas discharged those that had come to see her. Once everyone was gathered, Burnham once again explained the coming plan of action.

"At first, we were curious to imagine what effects there would be on the spore drive within a universe where, as far as we could tell, the mycelial network it runs on did not exist." She gestured largely to Stamets and herself. "We believed ourselves to be, so to speak, 'off the rails' when our anomaly first occurred, does everyone remember? We thought we had hit a dead end to the network and that reversing our coordinates would take us backward on the network. However, if we perhaps were in a space where the mycelial network did not exist, it would have been the same situation as before."

"That we are reaching these spaces suggests that the spore drive can deliver us outside the network," Stamets said next, sounding a little excited about the whole thing. "We observed that both the Discovery and Enterprise experienced some level of time displacement, as the internal data on both suggests that different amounts of time have passed for each ship. While I can't at this time speak for how time is possibly affected when jumping between universes, I do not believe it impossible to say the spore drive has the potential to manipulate our moment in time."

"We've measured these disparities in time and have determined a set of coordinates by extrapolating from the data. If we put these into the spore drive, we should be able to reverse our jump out of this universe, but our plan is not to once again go blindly into the unknown. This time, we will go back to that space between dimension and spend some time studying it. We believe that it may, essentially, be a space connected to many different universes. Only by studying it may we get to a place where we may be able to send each of you home to your respective universes."

With that out of the way, Shepard let out a long sigh. She evidently had been the least helpful in the room during this discussion. "The Normandy will see your ships on their way before we go back to our duty. It is my genuine hope that you all make it back home."

The Discovery got to work beaming back everyone from the Normandy. Stamets and Burnham were back first, getting to work quickly on applying their findings while all of the Discovery's guests were given passage to the Bridge. Most of the next thirty minutes passed without much happening, and soon it was time to depart.

However, as the Discovery made its final preparations to jump, a very odd thing occurred. Everyone got to watch as giant, alien-like structures jumped into view to tower over the Discovery, the Enterprise, and the Normandy.

y0GaarL.png

Kirk's eyes widened, opening a comm channel over to the Discovery, looking intently at the strange structures. "Mister Saru... I think we have a... small problem here."

"What's going on? Wha--" Saru began to question, before laying his eyes on the alien-like structures himself, his mouth almost threatening to drop in shock, "What... What are those?"

Commander Shepard's voice came in, managing an audio feed but her technology not compatible with a video one. Her voice was distant and afraid, two words that few who met her would normally describe the way she talked.

FTYKnmW.png

One of the enemy ships closest to them glowed for a moment and conjured a giant red beam of energy that shot toward the three ships. Saru cried out for evasive maneuvers, but it was the Enterprise that was hit. The beam effortlessly cut through the ship's shield and destroyed a portion of the ship.

"Spock!" Kirk cried out, attempting to contact the Enterprise now, "Respond immediately! What's your status?!"

"The Enterprise has sustained heavy damage, Captain! Minimal casualties reported, but it is clear that these entities possess firepower well above what Starfleet ships are capable of," Spock reported back from on the Enterprise, having assumed command as the First Officer. "The most logical course of action is to make a retreat any way we can."

Elliot's mouth went wide at the raw destructive power. He took a few curious steps closer to the bridge view, eyes examining these Reapers in wonder. "The power these things must wield is unbelievable..."

eix9ZBW.png

"That was just one attack," Burnham said, eyes wide with fear and shock. "We have to go... We have to go now!" She started tapping quickly at her console. "Burnham to Engineering. We have to jump immediately!"

On the Normandy, Shepard watched the scene with horror from a vid display. It seemed they had waited too long helping these two ships from other dimensions and were now facing down an armada of Reapers.

One Reaper spoke, its voice so infinitely loud and booming, that it could be heard by all three ships. "I am Harbinger," it said. "Your destruction, and salvation, are at hand."

These Reapers were on their way to Earth, as far as Shepard could tell. That Harbinger and a group of Reapers ran into them here had to have been an incredible stroke of bad luck. Bad luck that would cost them their lives.

"Negative, Commander," EDI said over the ship's communication. "The chances of us escaping via FTL are far too low. Commander, we are simply out of time."

The Discovery shook violently as another Reaper blast brushed against the ship. "We're ready to go!" Stamets announced.

Burnham was about to give the order to go when Shepard's voice came in. "The Normandy is coming with you. If we stay, we die." A few seconds followed where the Normandy traveled into the hangar bay of the Enterprise, and Shepard said, "We're in."

The jump was rough, both ships experiencing massive turbulence in the seconds that followed. On the Normandy, a strange box phased inside the cargo bay; a souvenir of the rapid trip between dimensions. When it was all over, the three ships were left with nothing but silence.

From the Discovery's bridge, nothing could be seen outside the view screen. "We're back where we started," Burnham announced. She let out a shaky breath and brought one hand to her forehead. "Everyone, please sit tight while we assess the damages."

Elliot grunted as he got to his feet, having fallen over in the chaos. He let out a quiet laugh. "Never have I seen something more beautiful," he muttered to himself.

The sudden action involving the Normandy didn't do much to shake Titus out of his quiet moment with himself, but he could see it as well as everyone else could from the observation deck - a small fleet of large xenos vessels entering the system and immediately attacking the Enterprise. The captain could do nothing but watch in silent contempt, rising from his knelt position and walking closer to the glass to watch the carnage.

View attachment 2714

He gripped the chainsword tightly as the Emperor's voice touched his mind for the last time before vanishing. Fitting, that the enemy of Mankind in this universe comes to try and wipe the group off the face of reality as soon as Titus reassembles his faith in himself, the group, the mission and the Emperor.

Now, it was a test to see if the ultramarine would make it home in one piece.

Titus had nothing to say as the proceedings continued, being warped back to the Discovery and finding that the Normandy was coming along with them, except that he was a bit relieved to find Shepard's crew was going to be in on the mission.

As far as he could tell, the Discovery and the Enterprise were filled with unarmed, untrained alien-loving scientists that would die from shock upon taking a single whiff of warfare. Titus seemed quite amicable to a squad of armed, trained alien-loving soldiers instead.
Nathan looked up at Quill, nodding at him. He realised he was shaking, his body trembling most likely from the shock. He closed his eyes and exhaled deeply, trying to shake off how he felt, hearing Elliot's faint statement of their destruction unnerved him as well, but wasn't like Nathan was perfectly sound either. He put his forehead to his knees, curling into his body more. This was beginning to feel more and more like a nightmare.

@Lucky @Atomic Knight @Anyone

Titus took notice of Nathan as he stomped past, halting and turning around to look at him. The image of a scrawny, frightened boy cowering on the floor would normally inspire a feeling of disgust or disinterest from a mighty space marine.

From where Titus stood, he could blink twice and he'd see a cowering Imperial Guardsman in the midst of a battlefield, pondering whether or not he wished to die to an Orkish axe to the face, or a Commissar's bullet to the back of his head. The giant shook his head and approached the boy, standing over him like a mountain.

View attachment 2713

"Are you well, Nathan?"

@Space_Candy @Lucky @Atomic Knight @anybody

Vader had not given any reaction when the Reapers had attacked but inside even he had been impressed with their devastating power. As they made their escape he calmly stood his ground even in the turbulence. As it subsided he looked around the room. Yet another jump possibly even further back from his universe then before. This was starting to become a farce. As everyone tried to get their barrings again Vader made his way out of the War room. His destination unknown.

As Zero Two stepped out of the bathroom she almost walked into Vader who had left the war room and was just walking the ship.

ZKIOFdP.png

"Careful where you tread, girl."

@Minerva

g2fsp9U.jpg

Zero Two turned her head away and quietly but aggressively spoke. "Sorry." She began biting the thumbnail of the hand not dripping blood. It was quite clear there was a change in her personality from earlier. She kept moving forward, towards nowhere in particular.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Ver @Anyone

g2fsp9U.jpg

Zero Two turned her head away and quietly but aggressively spoke. "Sorry." She began biting the thumbnail of the hand not dripping blood. It was quite clear there was a change in her personality from earlier. She kept moving forward, towards nowhere in particular.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Ver @Anyone

Zero Two didn't get far before she felt her body tense up.

qziKkst.png

"What was that? Speak up girl."
Vader had used the Force to keep Zero Two in her place. "I did not quite hear you."

@Minerva

"She was just saying sorry!" Gumi (who had been trailing Vader just because she could) piped up. "You can let her go now she was just sorry!"

"Gumi, where are you? I-oh no." Gakupo had decided to keep tabs on his little sister after her little adventure on the Normandy. He had no doubt she'd get into some trouble. He just had no idea it would be within fifteen minutes.

@Jeremi @Minerva

"She was just saying sorry!" Gumi (who had been trailing Vader just because she could) piped up. "You can let her go now she was just sorry!"

"Gumi, where are you? I-oh no." Gakupo had decided to keep tabs on his little sister after her little adventure on the Normandy. He had no doubt she'd get into some trouble. He just had no idea it would be within fifteen minutes.

@Jeremi @Minerva

Vader looked over to Gumi and back at Zero Two. "Perhaps she did, but there's something I sense inside of her." He walked up closer to Zero Two before he let her body free once again. "A torrent of fire raging."

@Yun Lee @Minerva

Zero Two didn't get far before she felt her body tense up.

qziKkst.png

"What was that? Speak up girl."
Vader had used the Force to keep Zero Two in her place. "I did not quite hear you."

@Minerva

@Jeremi @Minerva
Vader looked over to Gumi and back at Zero Two. "Perhaps she did, but there's something I sense inside of her." He walked up closer to Zero Two before he let her body free once again. "A torrent of fire raging."

@Yun Lee @Minerva

ckNQUW7.jpg

Zero Two would make a gagging sound as she was frozen. Her fangs visibly showed from her mouth and her eyes flashed. "I-I s-said I was s-sorry." She stuttered

When she was released, Zero Two collapsed to the floor. Anger was still on her face. "I... need to become more human. I'm running out of time..."

ckNQUW7.jpg

Zero Two would make a gagging sound as she was frozen. Her fangs visibly showed from her mouth and her eyes flashed. "I-I s-said I was s-sorry." She stuttered

When she was released, Zero Two collapsed to the floor. Anger was still on her face. "I... need to become more human. I'm running out of time..."

mAuDWpE.png

"Pathetic,"
Vader replied. While the rage he had felt made Vader curious. The cause of it made him lose interest very quickly. "I'll leave you in your squalor." He looked over to Gumi. "The droid can join you." With that he walked off.​

@Yun Lee @Minerva

"Oh for the love of..." Gakupo rushed over to Zero Two. "Are you all right? What happened?" At least with this confrontation, he had time to play the hero.

"Man, that was crazy, huh?" It was clear Vader was not rid of "the droid" just yet. "Does the force usually make people fall down? Like if you forced someone like Titus, would he fall too? What if someone's in space? How would that work out?" She paused for a second to change the subject. "Hey, are you good at manipulating people? I manipulated a guy back on the Normandy and it's a really useful skill."

@Minerva @Jeremi

Burnham shook her head at Meceliss' question. "We are back in the space between dimensions, where we first ended up after you found yourself on board the Discovery."

@Donder172

Nearby, Elliot walked over to Nathan, though he eyed the others near the boy a bit warily. "I suppose, for now, that I owe you my allegiance," he said to Nathan. "But if you were to happen to take advantage of such an allegiance, you would come to regret it deeply." Elliot believed he was speaking calmly and reasonably, which was more than a touch difficult considering everything that had transpired so far.

@Raptor Jesus @Space_Candy @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Sarge had been walking around the ship in seldom peace, mainly so he didn’t have to watch Grif snack on those disgusting pizza Twinkies.

However, some commotion nearby with Darth Vader and that pink haired girl caught his attention, prompting him to approach. By the time he got there, Vader had already walked away, though he seemed to catch note of a very important detail.

Fangs.

Now, Fangs on a completely normal looking girl could mean one thing and one thing only...

latest

“You’re a vampire!!!!” Sarge exclaimed as he took aim at Zero Two, refraining from shooting her for now, though his finger was pressed down on the trigger.

@Minerva @Jeremi

Burnham shook her head at Meceliss' question. "We are back in the space between dimensions, where we first ended up after you found yourself on board the Discovery."

@Donder172

Nearby, Elliot walked over to Nathan, though he eyed the others near the boy a bit warily. "I suppose, for now, that I owe you my allegiance," he said to Nathan. "But if you were to happen to take advantage of such an allegiance, you would come to regret it deeply." Elliot believed he was speaking calmly and reasonably, which was more than a touch difficult considering everything that had transpired so far.

“Jesus, kid. You’re an even bigger downer than me.” Grif said before reaching into the box Quill gave him and offering the boy a pizza Twinkie.

“Here. Have a pizza Twinkie.”

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Lucky @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Space_Candy

Nathan's expression fell flat.

"It felt like I've been locked up in a damn tower," he spoke low, he fidgeted with his hands. Nathan really wanted to make allies with Elliot, that the boy would understand him, but like most he's being pushed away. The anger and frustration faded into a bit of sadness pinging in Nathan's chest.

"I'm sorry shitting things happened..." he sighed.

"I'm sorry for you too Emily"

@York @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Infirmary
Elliot considered what Emily was saying, thinking it over as he moved to sit up on the bed. He felt aches and pains but otherwise was able to get himself out of the blanket. "I... hrm." He rubbed the back of his neck and exhaled. "Sounds like a symbiotic relationship. Considering the strength it gives you, can you really not appreciate that?" He turned to look Emily straight in the eyes. "That is why you cannot be weak. The stone does not control you; you control the stone, do you understand? It is a simple philosophy and one you should start embracing." Elliot then turned in the bed and tossed his legs off the bed.

"Your help continues to go unheeded," he said to Quill, placing his feet on the ground.

"Go on then," Chakwas said, "you seem to have gotten your strength back at least."

"Careful now..." Steve said, ready to grab Elliot if he fell.

The boy rolled his eyes at the concern. "A substance called ADAM," he said, gently stepping off the bed. "That's what I ingest to alter my genetic code and gain the majority of the power I have now." He grunted as he faltered in his step slightly.

@Lucky @Space_Candy @York @Siege @MelodyMeister @Infirmary

Adams directed the pair where they should be moving the debris, though he seemed distracted with his omni-tool. He did not notice at first, that when a piece of debris lifted by Flower was lifted, an open wire began shooting out sparks. He almost walked right on to it but jumped back in time with a gasp.

"Damn! That smarts." He muttered to himself. "Not sure I have the gel for this on me. Any of you able to deal with this?"

@Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Cargo Bay
Nathan watched as Elliot got out of the infirmary bed, listening as he spoke of this 'ADAM' drug, he was intrigued by it.

When Elliot tripped slight, Nathan caught him- out of reflex more than anything, due do their heigth difference and the fact Nathan was sitting, he caught him by his waist.

@Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Infirmary
Elliot seethed as Nathan caught him. Steve held his hands up, seeing Nathan get to the boy first. Elliot roughly pushed away from Nathan, managing to recover his balance. He was tired of these circumstances making him look weak. "I want off this ship," he declared. "One of you, tell me, have they made any progress on getting us home or are we hopelessly trapped in yet another universe?"

Nathan made a face as he got shoved off.

"Ungrateful", he muttered a little annoyed, he looked to Emily.

@York @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Infirmary
Elliot cocked his head slightly to the side and stepped up to Nathan. "You still got a problem?" he asked.

@Space_Candy

Adams shrugged. "Well, how about I show you one thing the old omni-tools can do," he said, reaching into his pocket. He pulled out a small device and handed it to flower. "Just attach that to your wrist. You basically flick your wrist whenever you want to turn it on. If we had omni-gel, we could seal this sucker up, but for now, just try using it to assess the damage. It should be able to give you a light diagnostics." He lifted his arm. "Mine, as a newer model, would tell me more of course."

@Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Cargo Bay
"Oh for fuck sa-" Nathan sighed, he looked into Elliot's eyes.

"I'm trying to be your friend here, but you're making it hard," he said blankly.

"I'm trying Elliot, why are you so cold dude?" Nathan questioned, he was getting defeated. If he was mean to Elliot, Elliot hated him, if he was nice to Elliot, Elliot hated him.

@Atomic Knight @Infirmary
Elliot had never heard anything more ridiculous in his life. He couldn't help but scrunch his face at such a statement. "I do not know what game you are playing," he said, "but know that I have never had nor will I ever need a 'friend' in my life. Whatever you want to take from me, I will not let you have it."

@Space_Candy
Nathan gave a look of disbelief and confusion.

"I don't want anything from you," Nathan said, confusion apparent in his tone. Wow, this is probably how it feels talking to him.

"Listen, as much as you wanna fucking deny it, we're similar, also people want you fucking dead. You should be a bit more reasonable." He frowned.

"You're so fucking hot-cold it's starting to piss me off, like..." he sighed, making a noise of frustration as he put his hands over his face.

"What the fuck ever, if you don't want me around fine." With that, Nathan walked away.

@Atomic Knight
Elliot let out a deep sigh as he watched Nathan go. He still didn't understand Nathan, but perhaps they were simply incompatible people. Maybe that meant they were a bit similar after all, but Elliot wasn't about to admit it.

"Sounds like you guys have a lot to work out," Steve said, crossing his arms. "In any case, I'm glad you're okay. You wanted to know what was going on? Your crew's talking to our commander about getting you all back to where you came from. I hope you figure out how to get home."

Elliot looked at him and shook his head. "We shall see."

Continued from here.

Chapter Four
"Into the Deep"

y0GaarL.png

FTYKnmW.png

eix9ZBW.png

@Donder172

Emily Hayes
@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @Lucky
@Others(?)

Emily just nodded in response to Nathan, although... She was visibly glad that he had settled down since his arrival; it looks like deep down, he wasn't as bad as one's first impression might make him out to be, and... Maybe, just maybe, the same thing could be said about Elliot.

Speaking of whom, she listened quite intently to what he had said; a symbiotic relationship. It wasn't too far off of what she had been told early on... By the couple mentors she had to help her understand her stone's powers, and control them. However, it seemed the stone was more keen on taking charge; giving her powers that she was normally not capable of producing just with her own manipulation of her stone magic alone. Though, Elliot wasn't entirely wrong either...

She had to control the stone, not the other way around... And as long as she was able to maintain control, its powers could be used to do more harm than good.

With that in mind, she... Actually smiled, feeling a little... Stronger for a change, gazing at her stone before she stood up. Although she was tempted to put a hand on his shoulder or something, she refrained, learning from the previous times people have tried it.

uF82G8j.png

"In a way, you're right. I'll just... Use the power that I need... Instead of the power my stone wants me to use." She said, seeming to have cheered up a little.

After a brief moment of silence, she spoke again, a level of... Tenderness in her voice.

"You really can be nice if you choose to be, Elliot." She said, although perhaps that fell on deaf ears.

Elliot seemed to spurn Nathan's attempts to befriend him, eventually causing him to leave, making her doubt her own words again, but... At the same time, perhaps there was still hope for him yet... Underneath all that he might have become, after life treated him as unfairly as it seemed it could

Eventually, when everyone made their way back to the Normandy's war room, and discussed their options... Emily was thinking... Not entirely about their chances of getting home, but moreso what the soldier she had been fighting earlier had mentioned; the Reapers. If the Normandy were at war with them, she worried that sooner or later... They would run across them.

Since nothing had happened yet, Emily was a little nervous, as she had a feeling they wouldn't just be allowed to drift here, in the middle of a potential warzone without any consequences.

And sure enough, they came; thousands of alien ships... Posessing enough firepower to damage the Enterprise quite extensively before they managed to jump away.

Her head suddenly throbbed, as she recalled a memory... Likely one she had forgotten, or her stone had suppressed, somehow... All she remembered was that it was a dream; an instance where she entered the void... And spoke with her... Father, as a younger version of herself or at least that's the most she could make sense of it.

VLyi1r3.png

Right before she woke up... She witnessed something frighteningly familiar; a fleet of alien ships, materializing on the horizon. They resembled the Elf warship that Max had used to destroy most if not all of the resistance's reinforcements with minimal effort.

Shaking her head a little, she rubbed her temples, snapping back to reality. By then, it seemed they had made their jump... And despite the damage sustained to the Enterprise, they seemed to be okay so far.

Emily frowned again, first looking towards Zero-Two, who Gakupo and Gumi were tending to; she seemed to be experiencing a growth of fangs... Amongst other things, but for the time being, Emily decided to keep her distance, she wasn't sure if she would make the situation worse... Somehow.

Instead, she stayed with Elliot, seeming a little unnerved by his interest in the Reapers.

Nevertheless, after gazing at her stone one more time, hesistant to communicate directly with it... But yet... Suspicious of what it might be trying to hide from her, before she decided to break her silence, speaking with Elliot, and the others that had gathered by now.

bpGEDA7.png

"Those ships... I think I've seen one like them before..." She said quietly.

Though, something else suddenly occurred to her; if the Elves had access to a ship possessing that much firepower... Perhaps it, somehow... Had ties to the other technologies the Elves seemed to possess. Technology that allowed them to make quite the mark on Alledia when they first began their war.​

"Oh for the love of..." Gakupo rushed over to Zero Two. "Are you all right? What happened?" At least with this confrontation, he had time to play the hero.

"Man, that was crazy, huh?" It was clear Vader was not rid of "the droid" just yet. "Does the force usually make people fall down? Like if you forced someone like Titus, would he fall too? What if someone's in space? How would that work out?" She paused for a second to change the subject. "Hey, are you good at manipulating people? I manipulated a guy back on the Normandy and it's a really useful skill."

@Minerva @Jeremi
Sarge had been walking around the ship in seldom peace, mainly so he didn’t have to watch Grif snack on those disgusting pizza Twinkies.

However, some commotion nearby with Darth Vader and that pink haired girl caught his attention, prompting him to approach. By the time he got there, Vader had already walked away, though he seemed to catch note of a very important detail.

Fangs.

Now, Fangs on a completely normal looking girl could mean one thing and one thing only...

latest

“You’re a vampire!!!!” Sarge exclaimed as he took aim at Zero Two, refraining from shooting her for now, though his finger was pressed down on the trigger.

@Minerva @Jeremi

“Jesus, kid. You’re an even bigger downer than me.” Grif said before reaching into the box Quill gave him and offering the boy a pizza Twinkie.

“Here. Have a pizza Twinkie.”

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Lucky @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Space_Candy
Zero Two was hunched over. Below her right hand was a pool of blood that led from the bathroom. Even though the bathroom itself was dark, there were quite obviously shards of glass that were once mirror all over the floor. She looked up at Gakupo. "I'm fine, Darling..." She said. She seemed different in the way she said that. Almost empty. Inhuman. "I'm just running out of time."

When Sarge reacted hastily, she looked up, showing her fang. "Is that what I am to you, a beast?" She laughed.

@Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @Ver @Atomic Knight @Anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back