Status
Not open for further replies.
Elliot stared at the twinkie like it might be both poisonous and disgusting. Elliot figured it was probably both.

"I would not eat or even touch that for anything in this world in return."

Giving Grif the cold shoulder, he turned to Emily. He found himself growing excited at the possibility of talking about the entities they had just escaped from. "You have seen something like those before? They said those are Reapers, did they not? You must tell me what you know about them. It does not benefit you to keep silent on this."

@Raptor Jesus @Space_Candy @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT @York

Zero Two was hunched over. Below her right hand was a pool of blood that led from the bathroom. Even though the bathroom itself was dark, there were quite obviously shards of glass that were once mirror all over the floor. She looked up at Gakupo. "I'm fine, Darling..." She said. She seemed different in the way she said that. Almost empty. Inhuman. "I'm just running out of time."

When Sarge reacted hastily, she looked up, showing her fang. "Is that what I am to you, a beast?" She laughed.

@Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @Ver @Atomic Knight @Anyone
“That’s exactly what I think you are, actually.” Sarge replied as he kept his gun trained on Zero Two. “Now put your hands where I can see ‘em!”

@Minerva @Jeremi

Elliot stared at the twinkie like it might be both poisonous and disgusting. Elliot figured it was probably both.

Giving Grif the cold shoulder, he turned to Emily. He found himself growing excited at the possibility of talking about the entities they had just escaped from. "You've seen something like those before? They said those are Reapers, did they not? You must tell me what you know about them. It does not benefit you to keep silent on this."

“Jesus, who the fuck ruined your life?” Grif asked as he began munching on the Twinkie he offered Elliot. “Because here’s the thing, your little ‘edgy boy’ act? It’s not cool. In fact, it kinda makes you look lame. And the same applies to that Nathan kid too.” Pushing a Twinkie over to Elliot, Grif looked him square in the eye from behind his helmet.

“So, how about you just chill the fuck out and eat some Twinkies?”

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Raynar Saassin @Crow

"Running out of time?" Now that was weird. "What do you mean by that?"

@Minerva
“That’s exactly what I think you are, actually.” Sarge replied as he kept his gun trained on Zero Two. “Now put your hands where I can see ‘em!”

@Minerva @Jeremi

“Jesus, who the fuck ruined your life?” Grif asked as he began munching on the Twinkie he offered Elliot. “Because here’s the thing, your little ‘edgy boy’ act? It’s not cool. In fact, it kinda makes you look lame. And the same applies to that Nathan kid too.” Pushing a Twinkie over to Elliot, Grif looked him square in the eye from behind his helmet.

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Raynar Saassin @Crow

Zero Two fell back onto the floor and laughed She pulled Gakupo close with her hand. Her eyes somewhat reflected the light. Her hands would happen to fall by her side, openly revealing the fact that the one was cut up and bleeding. "I'm running out of time to become more human." She looked up at the lights. "I'm running out of time to kill those monsters and make me human."

ZNaul6H.png

Viktor and Blitzcrank
@Yun Lee @Minerva @Raptor Jesus @Jeremi @anyone​
Zero Two was hunched over. Below her right hand was a pool of blood that led from the bathroom. Even though the bathroom itself was dark, there were quite obviously shards of glass that were once mirror all over the floor. She looked up at Gakupo. "I'm fine, Darling..." She said. She seemed different in the way she said that. Almost empty. Inhuman. "I'm just running out of time."

When Sarge reacted hastily, she looked up, showing her fang. "Is that what I am to you, a beast?" She laughed.
Blitzcrank stood menacingly behind Sarge and put a giant hand on his shoulder.

O984Ie9.png

"SERGEANT, WE TALKED ABOUT THIS. IT IS IRRELEVANT IF ONE OF THE GROUP MEMBERS IS A 'VAMPIRE'; WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. A SINGLE TURNING GEAR CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE," the steam golem proclaimed, carefully trying to mimic common phrases of humans.
Zero Two fell back onto the floor and laughed She pulled Gakupo close with her hand. Her eyes somewhat reflected the light. Her hands would happen to fall by her side, openly revealing the fact that the one was cut up and bleeding. "I'm running out of time to become more human." She looked up at the lights. "I'm running out of time to kill those monsters and make me human."
"It is doubtful that she even is a 'vampire' to begin with," Viktor added before addressing Zero Two, "Though, I am curious as to what you really are. What do you mean by you need to become 'more human', and how would killing 'monsters' increase your humanity?" This was an intriguing topic. Viktor's definition of becoming 'more human' would be more hextech augmentations, but considering how the group is from different universes, Zero Two might be a completely different species. Would the Glorious Evolution apply to beings that weren't human?​

Last edited:

Giving Grif the cold shoulder, he turned to Emily. He found himself growing excited at the possibility of talking about the entities they had just escaped from. "You've seen something like those before? They said those are Reapers, did they not? You must tell me what you know about them. It does not benefit you to keep silent on this."

@Minerva @Jeremi

Emily Hayes
@Raptor Jesus @Space_Candy @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomic Knight @Others(?)

Emily frowned, trying to recall the details of the one ship she had seen up close; it was most definitely not a Reaper, but it was powerfull nonetheless.

aM4ZABp.png

"It was no Reaper... But the Elves used a ship looked just as strong." She began, pausing a little as she tried to choose her words carefully.

"I was part of a fleet of ships headed to Frontera. We were supposed to save the city from the Elves... But they anticipated us." She said, shuddering a little as she recalled the scene, as clear as day.

ZFelZzQ.png

"The ship appeared out of the clouds... And fired warning shots, destroying our ships like they were nothing. We had no choice but to surrender that day... Before the fight became a massacre." Though, suddenly something occurred to her, as she seemed to stop again before she continued.

"My stone said the rogue stonekeeper on that ship was keeping it in the sky... Powering it... But... I don't think that was the whole truth. I think that ship was... ..." Emily seemed to abruptly get cut off, a piercing headache suddenly overtaking her.

She had thought it was just a side effect of moving from one Universe to another, but... Now, she knew better than that; she could feel it... Her stone... Pulsing with a violet glow...

Though she wasn't entirely under its influence anymore, it was suppressing some of her memories... Trying to keep her from remembering something... Something that it must thing would cause problems when she was as far enough away from its influence as she was.

However, now that she understood this... She remembered what Elliot told her; she controlled the stone... And not the other way around.

Gritting her teeth, she opened her eyes, and fought it... With all the strength she could muster, desperately trying to fight her way through, to recall what she needed.

There was a good, few moments as she struggled against what seemed to be the stone itself, and eventually... She seemed to break through, at least enough to recall something of use.

S2XsNtx.png

"A scout. Sent to Alledia long ago." She finally said, though, she stopped herself before she continued, now seeming to eye Elliot with a bit of caution, realizing what his interest in the Reapers, and things like them might be implying.

Her head throbbed quite profusely by now, but... It was slowly but surely fading; it looked like her stone... Or, perhaps its voice, rather, had fought quite hard to keep her from recovering her memories too much, but what little she did recall, unnerved her.

"But before I tell you more. I need to know why you are so interested in something like that. It's dangerous to play with that kind of power, like the Elves did." She sad, frowning a little.

While she had recovered bits of her lost memories here and there, something still felt slightly off; of course, not all of the Elves were inherrantly war mongers, and in fact most of their race was quire peacefull until the Elf King rose... And waged war on Alledia. However, she wasn't quite sure if saying it was the Elves toying with an Alien ship was entirely correct. There was most definitely something else happening behind the scenes, she just... Couldn't remembe it yet.​

Elliot turned back on Grif, glaring as if his expression alone could set the armored man on fire. "I wonder if you would be calling it an 'act' if I were to liquify your insides," he said, cocking his head to the side slightly. "It is only an act if one can not back up what they claim. Of course, some need an 'act' if they are to be made to understand. I said I did not want your disgusting food, but maybe you are deaf. Perhaps you need a visual aid?" His left hand burst into flames and he set the twinkie Grif had pushed toward him on fire.

He grinned, even as sweat broke out on his forehead. He was happy to have recovered from his bout of exhaustion, at least enough to show others that they couldn't continue to walk all over him. He hoped those that wished to murder him were watching. "Do not put me and Nathan in the same category, you fool. Who are you to speak ill of us, you lazy cretin? You want to know who ruined my life? I will tell you."

Elliot took a step forward toward Grif and the fire dissipated, only to be replaced by lightning that danced around Elliot's fingertips.

oNSf3o9.png

His face glowed blue from the light. "My very own mother locked me in a tower at the wishes of her Lord. There I stayed for years of my life, with no access to the world outside. But then, then-- a moment of serendipity occurred. Fate freed me from my prison and I was allowed to finally love. Only, it was then that I realized my prison had sheltered me from the harshness of reality as well. My new home... gone. No one sane left alive. I was beaten. I was abused. But I made sure that I would never be made vulnerable again."

Elliot stared for a moment intensely, before eventually waving his hand and dismissing the electricity. "So, no, you fool, if I say I do not wish to eat your food, I will not be made to eat your food."

With his dramatic display over, Elliot turned his head to Emily. "Maybe you understand now then why power is so important to me. I do not wish to 'play' with anything. Such power is to be amassed and used at one's discretion. To eliminate one's foes and keep oneself safe. Think about it for a moment, Emily. I have no doubt that you have done things you wanted to do with the stone's power that you would not have been able to do otherwise. Those Reapers? Those ships the Elves you speak of use? Imagine what you could do in the pilot's seat."

2gKvwTe.jpg

"Sarge, for the love of Primus, what even is a vampire?"

Starscream looks at Zero Two.

"For the record, I don't understand why you would want to become more human, it isn't actually a very positive thing, but each to their own, I suppose."

Starscream stretches about.

"Speaking of turning gears, why not we take a bit of a stroll around? Maybe see if the turbulence caused another Tribble outbreak."

@Raptor Jesus @Minerva @Otto @Yun Lee @etcetcetc​

Viktor and Blitzcrank

O984Ie9.png

"SERGEANT, WE TALKED ABOUT THIS. IT IS IRRELEVANT IF ONE OF THE GROUP MEMBERS IS A 'VAMPIRE'; WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. A SINGLE TURNING GEAR CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE," the steam golem proclaimed, carefully trying to mimic common phrases of humans.

"It is doubtful that she even is a 'vampire' to begin with," Viktor added before addressing Zero Two, "Though, I am curious as to what you really are. What do you mean by you need to become 'more human', and how would killing 'monsters' increase your humanity?" This was an intriguing topic. Viktor's definition of becoming 'more human' would be more hextech augmentations, but considering how the group is from different universes, Zero Two might be a completely different species. Would the Glorious Evolution apply to beings that weren't human?​
2gKvwTe.jpg

"For the record, I don't understand why you would want to become more human, it isn't actually a very positive thing, but each to their own, I suppose."

"Speaking of turning gears, why not we take a bit of a stroll around? Maybe see if the turbulence caused another Tribble outbreak."

As Blitzcrank placed his giant metallic hand on his shoulder, Sarge slowly lowered his rifle, watching Zero Two as she’s experienced her brief fit of insanity.

“That girl is definitely a vampire!” Sarge exclaimed in response to Viktor, who doubted the authenticity of his bold (and stupid) claim.

Though, Sarge didn’t want to be left with the vampire that he wasn’t even aloud to shoot, so he instead only nodded in agreement Starscream.

“I’ll join you, giant killer robot! There might be enemies lurking around every corner!”

@Minerva @Otto @Crow @Jeremi

Elliot turned back on Grif, glaring as if his expression alone could set the armored man on fire. "I wonder if you would be calling it an 'act' if I were to liquify your insides," he said, cocking his head to the side slightly. "It is only an act if one can not back up what they claim. Of course, some need an 'act' if they are to be made to understand. I said I did not want your disgusting food, but maybe you are deaf. Perhaps you need a visual aid?" His left hand burst into flames and he set the twinkie Grif had pushed toward him on fire.

He grinned, even as sweat broke out on his forehead. He was happy to have recovered from his bout of exhaustion, at least enough to show others that they couldn't continue to walk all over him. He hoped those that wished to murder him were watching. "Do not put me and Nathan in the same category, you fool. Who are you to speak ill of us, you lazy cretin? You want to know who ruined my life? I will tell you."

Elliot took a step forward toward Grif and the fire dissipated, only to be replaced by lightning that danced around Elliot's fingertips.

oNSf3o9.png

His face glowed blue from the light. "My very own mother locked me in a tower at the wishes of her Lord. There I stayed for years of my life, with no access to the world outside. But then, then-- a moment of serendipity occurred. Fate freed me from my prison and I was allowed to finally love. Only, it was then that I realized my prison had sheltered me from the harshness of reality as well. My new home... gone. No one sane left alive. I was beaten. I was abused. But I made sure that I would never be made vulnerable again."

Elliot stared for a moment intensely, before eventually waving his hand and dismissing the electricity. "So, no, you fool, if I say I do not wish to eat your food, I will not be made to eat your food."

With his dramatic display over, Elliot turned his head to Emily. "Maybe you understand now then why power is so important to me. I do not wish to 'play' with anything. Such power is to be amassed and used at one's discretion. To eliminate one's foes and keep oneself safe. Think about it for a moment, Emily. I have no doubt that you have done things you wanted to do with the stone's power that you would not have been able to do otherwise. Those Reapers? Those ships the Elves you speak of use? Imagine what you could do in the pilot's seat."

“...Jesus, you really are an edgelord, aren’t you?” Grif asked as he unwrapped another Twinkie and began to munch on it, clearly not intimidated by Elliot’s little show of power.

“Y’know, while you’re at it, why don’t you change your name to ‘Blade?’ Or how about ‘Coldsteel?’ “ Grif snarked, mouth full of Twinkie as he did so.

@Atomic Knight @York

Krystal had soon joined everyone else in the dining room, it had taken her a bit longer to recover from her concussion. The first thing she saw was Zero Two on the floor. "Oh my gosh! Is she ok? What happened!?"

@Minerva @Anyone near Zero Two

oNSf3o9.png

With his dramatic display over, Elliot turned his head to Emily. "Maybe you understand then why power is so important to me. I do not wish to 'play' with anything. Such power is to be amassed and used at one's discretion. To eliminate one's foes and keep oneself safe. Think about it for a moment, Emily. I have no doubt that you have done things you wanted to do with the stone's power that you would not have been able to do otherwise. Those Reapers? Those ships the Elves you speak of use? Imagine what you could do in the pilot's seat."

As Blitzcrank placed his giant metallic hand on his shoulder, Sarge slowly lowered his rifle, watching Zero Two as she’s experienced her brief fit of insanity.

“That girl is definitely a vampire!” Sarge exclaimed in response to Viktor, who doubted the authenticity of his bold (and stupid) claim.

Though, Sarge didn’t want to be left with the vampire that he wasn’t even aloud to shoot, so he instead only nodded in agreement Starscream.

“I’ll join you, giant killer robot! There might be enemies lurking around every corner!”

“...Jesus, you really are an edgelord, aren’t you?” Grif asked as he unwrapped another Twinkie and began to munch on it, clearly not intimidated by Elliot’s little show of power.

“Y’know, while you’re at it, why don’t you change your name to ‘Blade?’ Or how about ‘Coldsteel?’ “ Grif snarked, mouth full of Twinkie as he did so.

@Atomic Knight @York
Emily Hayes
@Atomic Knight @Raptor Jesus @Others(?)

Emily did indeed think about what Elliot was saying for a while... And truly tried to imagine herself in the pilot's seat of one of those Reaper ships... Or that battleship the Elves had used... And shuddered a little at the mere thought. However, there was something else Elliot said about her stone that resonated with her; what she wanted to do with the stone's power.

aV4XrwW.png

"I was told my stone could turn back time... To make things go back to the way they used to be." She said quietly.

"There was a time I believed it... Thought I could use it to save my father... But... ...." She wavered a little, seeming to be holding tears at bay.

"No matter how much power my stone would offer me... It was the one thing I know I could never do... Even with the stone." She finished, frowning a little.

There was something she felt like she should be remembering... But it was likely another memory she would have to wrestle with the stone for... Later.

She wasn't sure if she could even enter the void in another Universe during her sleep, but... It was her best shot at remembering what she needed.

Regardless, she looked at Elliot, the look of worry still present on her face as she spoke, deciding to at least say something of use to Elliot; of course... It was probably for the best that she didn't exactly know of a reliable way to commandeer a Reaper ship... Or the ones like them that she had seen, but it was information nonetheless.

"I think that ship I saw was part of an invasion force... Like those Reapers we saw. But... The Reapers look more like machines... They might have something... Or someone controlling them, though..." She added, rubbing her forehead.

Really, all she had to work off of was some limited knowledge on science fiction, and... If the Reapers really were automated like they seemed, it was very likely they had someone, or something leading it. A "mothership", or "controller" of sorts, but she was still a little hesitant to elaborate too much. Elliot was getting a little too interested in this kind of thing to make her very comfortable.​

It took a moment for Nathan to look up, upon seeing Titus he swallowed heavily.

"Y-yeah, I'm okay," he said, a bit of shakiness in his voice. His eyes moved to Quill, he smiled slightly at the man's gesture. He was truly grateful for Quill's actions, and that the man did not pre-judge him on the way he reacted.

Elliot snapped him out of his thoughts. His eyes widened slightly as Elliot offered allegiance, he wasn't sure how to react, he nodded slightly.

"I know this probably won't mean anything, but I know how shitty it feels to be taken advantage of, I won't do it to you," Nathan gave a faint smile.

The smile faded with Grif's words.

"There's a difference between edgy and deep trauma you absolute moron."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomic Knight @Lucky @York @Raptor Jesus @Anyone Else

"U-Um..." Okay, this girl had gotten way less cute in just seconds. Gakupo was...kind of really afraid, but he couldn't let them know that. He was a performer, after all! So, he put on a smile. Just stay calm... "What do you mean? Are you not human, Zero Two?"

@Minerva @Crow @Siege @Otto

"U-Um..." Okay, this girl had gotten way less cute in just seconds. Gakupo was...kind of really afraid, but he couldn't let them know that. He was a performer, after all! So, he put on a smile. Just stay calm... "What do you mean? Are you not human, Zero Two?"

Wandering around the ship after the various going-ons, Kumagawa found himself witnessing the pink-haired girl they'd sent as a diplomat sprawled on the ground with blood on her hand.

yNjyXHH.png

「It's probably just puberty.」

@Yun Lee @Minerva @Crow @Siege @Otto

2gKvwTe.jpg

Viktor and Blitzcrank

O984Ie9.png

@Atomic Knight @York
Krystal had soon joined everyone else in the dining room, it had taken her a bit longer to recover from her concussion. The first thing she saw was Zero Two on the floor. "Oh my gosh! Is she ok? What happened!?"

@Minerva @Anyone near Zero Two

Wandering around the ship after the various going-ons, Kumagawa found himself witnessing the pink-haired girl they'd sent as a diplomat sprawled on the ground with blood on her hand.

yNjyXHH.png

「It's probably just puberty.」

@Yun Lee @Minerva @Crow @Siege @Otto

Krystal would see that there was a small trail of blood leading from the bathroom as well as several glass shards that looked like they came from a mirror.

Zero Two’s hand let go of Gakupo’s shirt. She laughed, this time, it was much more reserved and muted. “Your face is so calm, Darling.” She chortled. She put her non-bleeding hand down and pushed herself up so that She was now leaning against the wall. “I’m a beast. I’m only Half-Human.” Another noticeable feature besides the teeth was the fact that her horns seemed to grow and her nails were a bit off. She bit the thumbnail again and began to stand up.

Oh God. Of all the women in this group he could have hung out with, it had to be the crazy one. "And...you can't be human until you kill these monsters? Why is that?"

@Minerva @Otto @Siege @Crow

Burnham shook her head at Meceliss' question. "We are back in the space between dimensions, where we first ended up after you found yourself on board the Discovery."
"Well... that's something. At least not another dimension." Meceliss said "Though, what about the crew of the Normandy?"

"You are not even worth breaking," Elliot said to Grif, looking a bit amused. He wasn't entirely sure why but maybe it was due to what Nathan said, more than anything. "Your time will come. One day."

Despite his amusement, Elliot was not very happy with any of these avenues of conversation. Emily had only disappointed him. Elliot could not think of a more useful power than manipulating time, though not for the reason of changing anything that had already occurred. The past was what made Elliot into who he was today and he needed the reminder to never let any of it happen again.

"Then you are weak, Emily. Not that we did not already know this, I suppose. You must use all the tools at your disposal or else you are wasting your time."

Elliot was finding Emily's stone, whatever its origin, more and more useful, though he wasn't sure he needed the burden it carried. However, time manipulation was a very sweet fruit indeed.

"The Normandy has been in contact and is currently being assisted by the Enterprise," Burnham said to Meceliss. "Though... we seem to be getting a message. Hold on for me."

Burnham tapped at her console for a moment before relaying a message from the Normandy crew. "It would seem something odd occurred during the jump," Commander Shepard said. "A box or... device wound up inside our cargo bay. I don't know much about all this, so I thought you guys might have some idea."

Burnham thought about this for a moment before speaking back. "I would have to consult with our Chief Engineer to be sure, but my best guess would be that our jump possibly crossed several universes before ending up here and that whatever is in your cargo bay ended up being at an exact point where it ended up being picked up along for the jump." Her brow furrowed. "In fact, that might even explain..."

"I have had one of my crew taking a look at the device, just in case," Shepard continued. "Her name is Liara. I'll patch her through now."

"Hello, is this the crew of the USS Discovery?" a female, presumably Liara, asked.

"Indeed it is. Greetings! I am the Acting Captain of the Discovery; my name is Saru. I'm sure you've met my... subordinate, Michael Burnham," the alien said, introducing himself.

"Wonderful to meet you. I've moved the device to a location on the USS Enterprise, so that I may use their resources as well in assessing the device's nature."

tumblr_inline_nk7qsa9_L7a1t92dwi.jpg

"Of course, what's ours is yours. As they say, mi casa es su casa... or, do you not know about that saying on your world?" Kirk piped in, having patched into the comm channel, "In any case, we've also went ahead and had the Normandy crew converge on the Enterprise to tend to the damage. Hopefully we'll be in optimal condition -- as much as can be helped at the moment -- soon enough. And in the meantime... I suppose I'll let the rest of you tend to that weird box."

Kirk then patched Liara through on the Enterprise's channel, providing a visual holographic feed of her for the Discovery crew on the bridge to see.

ta8uHMx.jpg

"Right, the device has turned out to be a very intriguing cache of data. It has the words 'experimental module' displayed, but I am unable to determine the significance of it or the symbols adorned on the device. It seems designed to last through a number of environments, the most chiefly being space itself. That leads me to believe it may be a time capsule of some sort, though I am unable to access the majority of the data to know for sure."

"How large is the device?" Burnham asked.

The holographic image of Liara expanded to show the device next to her. It only went up to her thighs in height.

Y3lncNu.png

"What is interesting is how I believe one can access the data stored in the capsule. With help from the Enterprise's crew, I have engineered a manner in which one can interface with the device. It seems that it was designed to possibly store digital copies of one's mind into the device, or at least require that one dive into the device via this method to view the data in a sort of augmented reality manner."

Burnham looked impressed. "That is... fascinating. Do you believe this has any significance to our overall predicament?"

"The Commander informed me of your situation, but I can not say for sure if there is a connection. However, I believe it would be prudent to investigate the device's data just in case."

Burnham nodded. "All right. We can do both. Investigate the device and study the space between dimensions."

"I'll need your aid with the latter, Ms. Burnham. And Mr. Stamets as well. We can't risk blindly jumping again, so hopefully that box -- wherever it came from -- can provide some sort of clue," Saru said, "In the meantime, our... guests, I'm sure, would be simply elated to help. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them ended up volunteering to look into it."

Elliot was quick to speak up. "I will not be left out of this investigation," he said. "I believe no one here should either if any of you actually care about getting answers or going home."

@ThatAverageGuy @Jeremi @Josh @York @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Siege @dark @Donder172 @Takumi @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Archmage Jeremiah @Raptor Jesus @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Raynar Saassin @Otto @Minerva

"The Normandy has been in contact and is currently being assisted by the Enterprise," Burnham said to Meceliss. "Though... we seem to be getting a message. Hold on for me."

Burnham tapped at her console for a moment before relaying a message from the Normandy crew. "It would seem something odd occurred during the jump," Commander Shepard said. "A box or... device wound up inside our cargo bay. I don't know much about all this, so I thought you guys might have some idea."

Burnham thought about this for a moment before speaking back. "I would have to consult with our Chief Engineer to be sure, but my best guess would be that our jump possibly crossed several universes before ending up here and that whatever is in your cargo bay ended up being at an exact point where it ended up being picked up along for the jump." Her brow furrowed. "In fact, that might even explain..."

"I have had one of my crew taking a look at the device, just in case," Shepard continued. "Her name is Liara. I'll patch her through now."

"Hello, is this the crew of the USS Discovery?" a female, presumably Liara, asked.

"Indeed it is. Greetings! I am the Acting Captain of the Discovery; my name is Saru. I'm sure you've met my... subordinate, Michael Burnham," the alien said, introducing himself.

"Wonderful to meet you. I've moved the device to a location on the USS Enterprise, so that I may use their resources as well in assessing the device's nature."

tumblr_inline_nk7qsa9_L7a1t92dwi.jpg

"Of course, what's ours is yours. As they say, mi casa es su casa... or, do you not know about that saying on your world?" Kirk piped in, having patched into the comm channel, "In any case, we've also went ahead and had the Normandy crew converge on the Enterprise to tend to the damage. Hopefully we'll be in optimal condition -- as much as can be helped at the moment -- soon enough. And in the meantime... I suppose I'll let the rest of you tend to that weird box."

Kirk then patched Liara through on the Enterprise's channel, providing a visual holographic feed of her for the Discovery crew on the bridge to see.

ta8uHMx.jpg

"Right, the device has turned out to be a very intriguing cache of data. It has the words 'experimental module' displayed, but I am unable to determine the significance of it or the symbols adorned on the device. It seems designed to last through a number of environments, the most chiefly being space itself. That leads me to believe it may be a time capsule of some sort, though I am unable to access the majority of the data to know for sure."

"How large is the device?" Burnham asked.

The holographic image of Liara expanded to show the device next to her. It only went up to her thighs in height.

Y3lncNu.png

"What is interesting is how I believe one can access the data stored in the capsule. With help from the Enterprise's crew, I have engineered a manner in which one can interface with the device. It seems that it was designed to possibly store digital copies of one's mind into the device, or at least require that one dive into the device via this method to view the data in a sort of augmented reality manner."

Burnham looked impressed. "That is... fascinating. Do you believe this has any significance to our overall predicament?"

"The Commander informed me of your situation, but I can not say for sure if there is a connection. However, I believe it would be prudent to investigate the device's data just in case."

Burnham nodded. "All right. We can do both. Investigate the device and study the space between dimensions."

"I'll need your aid with the latter, Ms. Burnham. And Mr. Stamets as well. We can't risk blindly jumping again, so hopefully that box -- wherever it came from -- can provide some sort of clue," Saru said, "In the meantime, our... guests, I'm sure, would be simply elated to help. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them ended up volunteering to look into it."

Elliot was quick to speak up. "I will not be left out of this investigation," he said. "I believe no one here should either if any of you actually care about getting answers or going home."

@ThatAverageGuy @Jeremi @Josh @York @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Siege @dark @Donder172 @Takumi @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Archmage Jeremiah @Raptor Jesus @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Raynar Saassin @Otto @Minerva
Mizelia nods towards Saru, this would be an opportunity to learn more about the space they were in as well as dimensions themselves. "If you would allow me, I wish to help studying the space between dimensions." Mizelia said towards Saru.
Meceliss looks up at Elliot for a moment, before looking towards Liara "And I wish to help with the device." she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back