Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Normandy has been in contact and is currently being assisted by the Enterprise," Burnham said to Meceliss. "Though... we seem to be getting a message. Hold on for me."

Burnham tapped at her console for a moment before relaying a message from the Normandy crew. "It would seem something odd occurred during the jump," Commander Shepard said. "A box or... device wound up inside our cargo bay. I don't know much about all this, so I thought you guys might have some idea."

Burnham thought about this for a moment before speaking back. "I would have to consult with our Chief Engineer to be sure, but my best guess would be that our jump possibly crossed several universes before ending up here and that whatever is in your cargo bay ended up being at an exact point where it ended up being picked up along for the jump." Her brow furrowed. "In fact, that might even explain..."

"I have had one of my crew taking a look at the device, just in case," Shepard continued. "Her name is Liara. I'll patch her through now."

"Hello, is this the crew of the USS Discovery?" a female, presumably Liara, asked.

"Indeed it is. Greetings! I am the Acting Captain of the Discovery; my name is Saru. I'm sure you've met my... subordinate, Michael Burnham," the alien said, introducing himself.

"Wonderful to meet you. I've moved the device to a location on the USS Enterprise, so that I may use their resources as well in assessing the device's nature."

tumblr_inline_nk7qsa9_L7a1t92dwi.jpg

"Of course, what's ours is yours. As they say, mi casa es su casa... or, do you not know about that saying on your world?" Kirk piped in, having patched into the comm channel, "In any case, we've also went ahead and had the Normandy crew converge on the Enterprise to tend to the damage. Hopefully we'll be in optimal condition -- as much as can be helped at the moment -- soon enough. And in the meantime... I suppose I'll let the rest of you tend to that weird box."

Kirk then patched Liara through on the Enterprise's channel, providing a visual holographic feed of her for the Discovery crew on the bridge to see.

ta8uHMx.jpg

"Right, the device has turned out to be a very intriguing cache of data. It has the words 'experimental module' displayed, but I am unable to determine the significance of it or the symbols adorned on the device. It seems designed to last through a number of environments, the most chiefly being space itself. That leads me to believe it may be a time capsule of some sort, though I am unable to access the majority of the data to know for sure."

"How large is the device?" Burnham asked.

The holographic image of Liara expanded to show the device next to her. It only went up to her thighs in height.

Y3lncNu.png

"What is interesting is how I believe one can access the data stored in the capsule. With help from the Enterprise's crew, I have engineered a manner in which one can interface with the device. It seems that it was designed to possibly store digital copies of one's mind into the device, or at least require that one dive into the device via this method to view the data in a sort of augmented reality manner."

Burnham looked impressed. "That is... fascinating. Do you believe this has any significance to our overall predicament?"

"The Commander informed me of your situation, but I can not say for sure if there is a connection. However, I believe it would be prudent to investigate the device's data just in case."

Burnham nodded. "All right. We can do both. Investigate the device and study the space between dimensions."

"I'll need your aid with the latter, Ms. Burnham. And Mr. Stamets as well. We can't risk blindly jumping again, so hopefully that box -- wherever it came from -- can provide some sort of clue," Saru said, "In the meantime, our... guests, I'm sure, would be simply elated to help. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them ended up volunteering to look into it."

Elliot was quick to speak up. "I will not be left out of this investigation," he said. "I believe no one here should either if any of you actually care about getting answers or going home."

@ThatAverageGuy @Jeremi @Josh @York @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Siege @dark @Donder172 @Takumi @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Archmage Jeremiah @Raptor Jesus @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Raynar Saassin @Otto @Minerva
Mizelia nods towards Saru, this would be an opportunity to learn more about the space they were in as well as dimensions themselves. "If you would allow me, I wish to help studying the space between dimensions." Mizelia said towards Saru.
Meceliss looks up at Elliot for a moment, before looking towards Liara "And I wish to help with the device." she said.

"Oh for the love of..." Gakupo rushed over to Zero Two. "Are you all right? What happened?" At least with this confrontation, he had time to play the hero.

"Man, that was crazy, huh?" It was clear Vader was not rid of "the droid" just yet. "Does the force usually make people fall down? Like if you forced someone like Titus, would he fall too? What if someone's in space? How would that work out?" She paused for a second to change the subject. "Hey, are you good at manipulating people? I manipulated a guy back on the Normandy and it's a really useful skill."

@Minerva @Jeremi

"All will bow, if I will it so. Do not underestimate the power that is the Dark Side of the Force." Vader responded to the robot. He lulled over her second question for a moment. "I have found that my words and actions can be...persuasive." Then some new information was patched through and Vader listened to what they had to say.

@Yun Lee

"You are not even worth breaking," Elliot said to Grif, looking a bit amused. He wasn't entirely sure why but maybe it was due to what Nathan said, more than anything. "Your time will come. One day."

Despite his amusement, Elliot was not very happy with any of these avenues of conversation. Emily had only disappointed him. Elliot could not think of a more useful power than manipulating time, though not for the reason of changing anything that had already occurred. The past was what made Elliot into who he was today and he needed the reminder to never let any of it happen again.

"Then you are weak, Emily. Not that we did not already know this, I suppose. You must use all the tools at your disposal or else you are wasting your time."

Elliot was finding Emily's stone, whatever its origin, more and more useful, though he wasn't sure he needed the burden it carried. However, time manipulation was a very sweet fruit indeed.

"The Normandy has been in contact and is currently being assisted by the Enterprise," Burnham said to Meceliss. "Though... we seem to be getting a message. Hold on for me."

Burnham tapped at her console for a moment before relaying a message from the Normandy crew. "It would seem something odd occurred during the jump," Commander Shepard said. "A box or... device wound up inside our cargo bay. I don't know much about all this, so I thought you guys might have some idea."

Burnham thought about this for a moment before speaking back. "I would have to consult with our Chief Engineer to be sure, but my best guess would be that our jump possibly crossed several universes before ending up here and that whatever is in your cargo bay ended up being at an exact point where it ended up being picked up along for the jump." Her brow furrowed. "In fact, that might even explain..."

"I have had one of my crew taking a look at the device, just in case," Shepard continued. "Her name is Liara. I'll patch her through now."

"Hello, is this the crew of the USS Discovery?" a female, presumably Liara, asked.

"Indeed it is. Greetings! I am the Acting Captain of the Discovery; my name is Saru. I'm sure you've met my... subordinate, Michael Burnham," the alien said, introducing himself.

"Wonderful to meet you. I've moved the device to a location on the USS Enterprise, so that I may use their resources as well in assessing the device's nature."

"Of course, what's ours is yours. As they say, mi casa es su casa... or, do you not know about that saying on your world?" Kirk piped in, having patched into the comm channel, "In any case, we've also went ahead and had the Normandy crew converge on the Enterprise to tend to the damage. Hopefully we'll be in optimal condition -- as much as can be helped at the moment -- soon enough. And in the meantime... I suppose I'll let the rest of you tend to that weird box."

Kirk then patched Liara through on the Enterprise's channel, providing a visual holographic feed of her for the Discovery crew on the bridge to see.

ta8uHMx.jpg

"Right, the device has turned out to be a very intriguing cache of data. It has the words 'experimental module' displayed, but I am unable to determine the significance of it or the symbols adorned on the device. It seems designed to last through a number of environments, the most chiefly being space itself. That leads me to believe it may be a time capsule of some sort, though I am unable to access the majority of the data to know for sure."

The holographic image of Liara expanded to show the device next to her. It only went up to her thighs in height.

Y3lncNu.png

"What is interesting is how I believe one can access the data stored in the capsule. With help from the Enterprise's crew, I have engineered a manner in which one can interface with the device. It seems that it was designed to possibly store digital copies of one's mind into the device, or at least require that one dive into the device via this method to view the data in a sort of augmented reality manner."

Burnham looked impressed. "That is... fascinating. Do you believe this has any significance to our overall predicament?"

"The Commander informed me of your situation, but I can not say for sure if there is a connection. However, I believe it would be prudent to investigate the device's data just in case."

Burnham nodded. "All right. We can do both. Investigate the device and study the space between dimensions."

"I'll need your aid with the latter, Ms. Burnham. And Mr. Stamets as well. We can't risk blindly jumping again, so hopefully that box -- wherever it came from -- can provide some sort of clue," Saru said, "In the meantime, our... guests, I'm sure, would be simply elated to help. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them ended up volunteering to look into it."

Elliot was quick to speak up. "I will not be left out of this investigation," he said. "I believe no one here should either if any of you actually care about getting answers or going home."

@ThatAverageGuy @Jeremi @Josh @York @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Siege @dark @Donder172 @Takumi @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Archmage Jeremiah @Raptor Jesus @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Raynar Saassin @Otto @Minerva

There was only one thing going through Vader's mind as they explained the box. "And you are quite certain this mystery box is not...a trap?"

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Anyone

"You are not even worth breaking," Elliot said to Grif, looking a bit amused. He wasn't entirely sure why but maybe it was due to what Nathan said, more than anything. "Your time will come. One day."

Despite his amusement, Elliot was not very happy with any of these avenues of conversation. Emily had only disappointed him. Elliot could not think of a more useful power than manipulating time, though not for the reason of changing anything that had already occurred. The past was what made Elliot into who he was today and he needed the reminder to never let any of it happen again.

"Then you are weak, Emily. Not that we did not already know this, I suppose. You must use all the tools at your disposal or else you are wasting your time."

Elliot was finding Emily's stone, whatever its origin, more and more useful, though he wasn't sure he needed the burden it carried. However, time manipulation was a very sweet fruit indeed.

ta8uHMx.jpg

Y3lncNu.png

Kirby was more than happy to help with the box. Although he didn't know everything about the sci-fi technology or a lot of the big words, he did understand that people needed help.

Kirby said "Yeah!" with a big smile, agreeing with Elliot thay everyone should help with the investigation to get home.

@everyone​

Krystal would see that there was a small trail of blood leading from the bathroom as well as several glass shards that looked like they came from a mirror.

Zero Two’s hand let go of Gakupo’s shirt. She laughed, this time, it was much more reserved and muted. “Your face is so calm, Darling.” She chortled. She put her non-bleeding hand down and pushed herself up so that She was now leaning against the wall. “I’m a beast. I’m only Half-Human.” Another noticeable feature besides the teeth was the fact that her horns seemed to grow and her nails were a bit off. She bit the thumbnail again and began to stand up.

"It doesn't matter what you are, You're hurt and I refuse to stand by and watch you be hurt like this." Krystal said as she approached Zero Two. "Surely you have something you miss back home."

@Minerva @Anyone near Zero Two

Peter Quill/ Star-Lord

Quill wasn't freaking out about the woman he had helped being half-human. He was half-human and he turned out just fine. " Would a twinkie help you feel better?" He asked, looking over at her and handing her one. " I'm going to see what is in our fun box."

@Minerva @Atomic Knight @Everyone

It took a moment for Nathan to look up, upon seeing Titus he swallowed heavily.

"Y-yeah, I'm okay," he said, a bit of shakiness in his voice. His eyes moved to Quill, he smiled slightly at the man's gesture. He was truly grateful for Quill's actions, and that the man did not pre-judge him on the way he reacted.

Elliot snapped him out of his thoughts. His eyes widened slightly as Elliot offered allegiance, he wasn't sure how to react, he nodded slightly.

"I know this probably won't mean anything, but I know how shitty it feels to be taken advantage of, I won't do it to you," Nathan gave a faint smile.

The smile faded with Grif's words.

"There's a difference between edgy and deep trauma you absolute moron."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomic Knight @Lucky @York @Raptor Jesus @Anyone Else

ta8uHMx.jpg

Y3lncNu.png

Emily Hayes
@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @Others(?)

Emily frowned... Though she intended to argue further, knowing full well that the perceived "time manipulation" her stone was capable of... Was in fact the user entering a fabricated world, typically in their sleep, constructed of their own memories and... Something else. Most experienced Stone Keepers called the place "The Void", and the stone's voice was quite prevalent there... Stronger, in fact.

Although, she decided to stop herself, unsure if her attempts to discourage him from pursuing such a thing would only serve to encourage him. The more and more she tried to help him, it seemed like he was slipping more and more beyond help. To say the least, he was haunted by his past... Perhaps controlled by it.

Like the rogue stone keeper, Max Griffin; he had been consumed by his need for power... Forgetting what had brought him there in the first place, the reasons he had wanted so badly to be stronger than he was. Though... Perhaps the kind of abuse Elliot had undergone left scars deeper than the ones Max bore when his stone convinced him to let it take control. Elliot's hunger for power seemed to extend beyond just revenge, or a desperate wish to undo an event in the past. No... There had to be something more.

Nonetheless, after a bit of silence, Emily and the others were alerted of a strange box that had appeared on board the Normandy. Listening closely to what they suspected the device was, as well as how they were to peruse the box's contents, she discovered that... Coincidentally, it wasn't too different from entering the void. Except... It was a less... Magical kind of environment, a digitized simulation, so to speak.

Nevertheless, it seemed Emily was uncharacteristically confident about agreeing to volunteer for the process, for the better or worse.

JTC4Ex8.png

"If this is anything like the void. I can take it." She said, glancing at her stone for a moment before she nodded.

It seemed like Elliot wanted in on this as well, so maybe this was an opportunity to keep an eye on him ontop of perhaps figuring out more about that situation, or at least what this box was... And why it was onboard this ship all of a sudden. She wasn't so ready to believe it to be a mere coincidence, after all.​

“This box is probably a ten megaton bomb!” Sarge exclaimed as he examined the hologram. “But knowing how’s crafty the Blues are, they might have put their top secret plans on it! That’s why I’m gonna help you!”

@Atomic Knight @Crow @York

c927c9ac841d155b0ec73d21f87b3c44.png

"That is not necessary, though the offer is appreciated," Saru shook his head to Mizelia, "The crew is far better equipped to study the space, due to our... experience, one might say, with cosmology. More than that, I've got enough people on it as it is. You would do better to also help with the device if you wish to do something to help our current situation."

@Donder172

ta8uHMx.jpg

Y3lncNu.png

“This box is probably a ten megaton bomb!” Sarge exclaimed as he examined the hologram. “But knowing how’s crafty the Blues are, they might have put their top secret plans on it! That’s why I’m gonna help you!”

@Atomic Knight @Crow @York

"You don't just find bombs in extradimensional zones, Sarge," Starscream retorts before a little investigation, "but I suppose the device should be approached with caution. Don't you have one of those Omni-Tools with you?"

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Raptor Jesus

"That is not necessary, though the offer is appreciated," Saru shook his head to Mizelia, "The crew is far better equipped to study the space, due to our... experience, one might say, with cosmology. More than that, I've got enough people on it as it is. You would do better to also help with the device if you wish to do something to help our current situation."

@Donder172
"Very well, though if you do find yourself in need of an extra pair of hand. Don't be shy to ask." she said calmly. While she was certain that trying to change his mind would be a waste of them for them both, she did leave the option should he change his mind.

"I did not think you to be scared," Elliot said, crossing his arms and looking at Vader.

"It is not a bomb," Liara said. "I am extremely confident of this. However, I can not say it isn't a trap, though I find it unlikely to be an intentional one. I can't speak for what kind of data may be inside the device, but that is why I will be going with you to investigate."

@Donder172 @Jeremi @Alex Azure @Lucky @York @Raptor Jesus @Crow @Ver

"You don't just find bombs in extradimensional zones, Sarge," Starscream retorts before a little investigation, "but I suppose the device should be approached with caution. Don't you have one of those Omni-Tools with you?"

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Raptor Jesus
“What, you mean that doohickey that the guy gave me for moving a few boxes?” Sarge asked as he pulled out said device. “Why of course I do! It’s right here! In my hand!”

"I did not think you to be scared," Elliot said, crossing his arms and looking at Vader.

"It is not a bomb," Liara said. "I am extremely confident of this. However, I can not say it isn't a trap, though I find it unlikely to be an intentional one. I can't speak for what kind of data may be inside the device, but that is why I will be going with you to investigate."

“You may say that now, but don’t come crying to me when you’re all blown to smitherines!”

@Atomic Knight @Crow @York @Donder172 @Siege @Otto

"Ooh ooh ooh! I wanna go! Pick me! Pick me!!" Gumi eagerly waved her hand in the air, as if a student waiting to be picked by a teacher.

"Gumi you don't need to be-oh, never mind." Gakupo crossed his arms, deciding he would be going, too. He was starting to grow weary of all these people, and this trip. He just wanted to be an idol again.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Everyone​

ta8uHMx.jpg

Y3lncNu.png

View attachment 2717
"As much as I enjoy experiencing new advancements, especially in the area of gaming, I have no knowledge of this mystery box that we've been left with. I'll respectfully stay behind and keep an eye on everyone else, even if it means transforming~" Vert stated in response to the Mystery Box that was left behind in the Normandy. She then looked towards Saru. "If it's not too much to ask, may I take away some kind of technology sample?~ I may not be a scientific wizard like a certain someone is back home, but I'm sure they'd appreciate some form of technology to tinker with." Vert asked with a curious look on her face. Surely something small to take back home wouldn't be too impactful, right?

Speaking of which, she couldn't help but address Sarge with something, and approached him. "As much as our friendship has been great, you've been known to... almost get us into trouble with your mindset, Sarge~ Perhaps toning it down a bit might help out for the greater good~"

@Atomic Knight @Raptor Jesus @Anyone​

View attachment 2717
"As much as I enjoy experiencing new advancements, especially in the area of gaming, I have no knowledge of this mystery box that we've been left with. I'll respectfully stay behind and keep an eye on everyone else, even if it means transforming~" Vert stated in response to the Mystery Box that was left behind in the Normandy. She then looked towards Saru. "If it's not too much to ask, may I take away some kind of technology sample?~ I may not be a scientific wizard like a certain someone is back home, but I'm sure they'd appreciate some form of technology to tinker with." Vert asked with a curious look on her face. Surely something small to take back home wouldn't be too impactful, right?

Speaking of which, she couldn't help but address Sarge with something, and approached him. "As much as our friendship has been great, you've been known to... almost get us into trouble with your mindset, Sarge~ Perhaps toning it down a bit might help out for the greater good~"

@Atomic Knight @Raptor Jesus @Anyone​
Sarge paused for a moment and stared at Vert, before eventually slowly nodding his head as he smiled behind his helmet.

“Ohhhh! I see what you’re sayin! You want me to act like I’m calmer, that way when the enemy attacks they won’t know what’s to think when I blow their Blue heads off!”

@Raynar Saassin

Last edited:
Sarge paused for a moment and stared at Vert, before eventually slowly nodding his head as he smiled behind his helmet.

“Ohhhh! I see what you’re sayin! You want me rob act like I’m calmer, that way when the enemy attacks they won’t know what’s to think when I blow their Blue heads off!”

View attachment 2718

"Hmm... You're certainly an interesting one..." Vert sighed at the end as she listened to what he believed she was saying. Perhaps Grif would of been the more sane one out of the two. "Right. Yes... That's precisely what I meant, of course..."

@Raptor Jesus

"Alright. Where should we meet up, Liara?" Mizelia asked Liara.

"Fear has nothing to do with it," Vader replied in a matter of fact tone to Elliot. "Perhaps you are willing to put your life in the hands of another but I'm certainly not."

7qLmzqy.png

"My life is in my hands and my hands alone."
Then he turned towards Liara. "If we are to investigate this box then we should do it now. The longer we stand here the longer we are to find a means to journey back to our respective universes."

@Donder172 @Atomic Knight @Alex Azure @Lucky @York @Raptor Jesus @Crow @Ver

"I am unsure what kind of technology you would want," Burnham said to Vert before Saru could respond. "You may want to ask Engineering about it."

@Raynar Saassin @Ver

"I think you will find that I never put my life in the hands of others," Elliot said in response to Vader. Whether that was debatable didn't matter to Elliot, for he didn't think Vader cared to discuss it anyway.

"We'll beam over who wishes to go to the Enterprise," Burnham said. Liara nodded and her communication ended. Burnham nodded to the others and said, "sit tight."

Soon, those on the bridge who had not specifically asked to be exempt from the investigation were transported to the lounge of the Enterprise, where Liara, Spock, and James Vega waited with the device. Liara greeted the group warmly before introducing everyone to the technology.

"I've connected a helmet accessory to the device, where placing it on your head will put you into a deep sleep. As far as I can gather, the device originally copied minds into it, though I am unsure if this was meant to be permanent or just a temporary function. In any case, I have made adjustments to allow your consciousness inside the device without copying it, though it can only be done for an hour or so before the strain becomes too much on your mind."

James looked a bit sick. "So you're saying... our minds will be in there, but then when it's over, they come back to our bodies?"

"... Essentially," Liara said, giving a look that indicated she didn't really have time to help James understand it better. "Is everyone ready?"

Soon, one by one, Liara transferred the consciousness of everyone in the room into the virtual world contained inside the device. Though no one knew what to expect, the experience ended up feeling not entirely unpleasant. At first, it felt like flying, with feelings of euphoria over a blank landscape of nothing. Soon, it turned into something more, like a kaleidoscope of color being directly broadcasted into one's brain. These visions were rapid and mystifying, overlapping over each other to strike at one's every sense.

Then it all just stopped. Everyone's bodies hit softly against a surface and a landscape of light came into view. When they stood, they found themselves in a clearing in the middle of an idyllic landscape. The path behind everyone seemed to be nothing but a dense, uninviting forest, while two dirt paths led ahead. Both went through the trees ahead, but one clearly went left toward a futuristic looking city one could see just beyond the forest. The other path, the one on the right, seemed to go deeper into the forest to parts unknown.

pOcNaQD.jpg

"It would seem we will have to split up," Liara said.

Elliot was in awe, staring at his hands. "Hold on, you are saying this is inside that device? That we are... inside a computer essentially?"

"That's how I understand it," James muttered.

"That... is incredible, admittedly. I did not think this was possible. I truly feel as if I am here. Not only that, but any discomfort I had been feeling is completely gone."

"It really is quite ingenious," Liara said with a smile.

"Well then..." Elliot pointed to the right path. "That seems the more interesting way to go. That is where I will be."

"Keep in mind that we do not know what we will find. There is evidence the data in here is corrupted, so you must watch your surroundings."

@ThatAverageGuy @Jeremi @Josh @York @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @dark @Donder172 @Takumi @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Archmage Jeremiah @Raptor Jesus @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Ver

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back